Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Caleth's Bronze Age: An Inheritance of Dragons (Inactive)

Game Master Saint Caleth

In an ancient world, a group of recently freed slaves join the fight against the tyrannical Dragon God, possibly to end his reign forever...


151 to 200 of 1,520 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Profile not in use

DM - after looking into your rolls block I took 7 damage from the AoO to stand?

Seeing the new combatants close in and confused as he cannot follow any of the discussions, Krathok seeks to tend to himself first. He takes a guarded step back and draws upon the spirit of winter to purge his wounds.

5 ft step to I13 and manifest Natural Healing.
7/12 HP (4 lethal, 1 non) and 1/4 PP remaining


Sorry for the delay, I'm traveling all today and I'm not going to get to my computer where the map is saved until 7 or 8 tonight.


Male Human Soulbolt 4

It's all good.


Male Human-ish Sor1 (silver draconic)/Bar3
DM Caleth wrote:
Sorry for the delay, I'm traveling all today and I'm not going to get to my computer where the map is saved until 7 or 8 tonight.

It's not ok. You must amuse me. ;-) *Sarcasm Tag*


I can't see the last two posts I tried to make, so I'm going to wait a minute then try again.


Male Dwarf Rogue (scout) 4
DM Caleth wrote:
I can't see the last two posts I tried to make, so I'm going to wait a minute then try again.

I don't see any posts from you directly before this one. FYI.


As far I can tell, the forums ate two of my posts, one last night, one this morning


Third try to post the rest of this round.

The guard targeted by Moredrel's spell staggers back, his hands over his ears and blood dripping from between his fingers, only to have Orion run up and land a solid hit on him.

The dragonborn rogues both move in closer to the remaining guards. One sees the opportunity, and moves to flank with Kjolmar, and the other interposes himself between the guard and Erie and motions for Erie and Krathok to move into the alcove.

The spellcaster gestures with his hand, and a secret door opens up in the wall. He draggs the cart over near it.

Map


Female Elf Scout 1/Fighter (Targeteer) 2

Moving to reinforce the group's avenue of escape without abandoning her fellow escapees to the guards, Erie will tumble away from the action to J14 before turning and firing once more at the guard in H11.

Acrobatics to tumble: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

As she will be 20 ft from her target when firing, both point blank shot and skirmish apply. However, her target is currently in melee, so she suffers a -4 to her attack roll (factored in below).

Shortbow Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Skirmish Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3


Profile not in use

Not needing much encouragement, Krathok makes for the alcove and away from the guards.


As the flight begins, Moredrel moves around to I13. At that point he'll reassess. If there are still people between him and the nearest guards he'll cast again. If not, he'll run for the door.

Spellcraft:
Daze DC15. On the guard in K11, or whoever is nearest, if he's down.


Male Human-ish Sor1 (silver draconic)/Bar3

Needing no encouragement Orion too makes for the alcove. His wounds seem to be repairing themselves as rounds progress.
In just 5 rounds he'll be healed via Infernal healing cast two rounds ago. DM let me know if anything happens in the next 5 rounds please.


Male Dwarf Rogue (scout) 4

Seeing that he has an edge now that the guard is distracted by the rogue, Kjolmar will attack.

Attack (with flanking): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Damage (with sneak): 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (1, 2) + 2 = 5


Male Human Soulbolt 4

Quodak will move to J13, also covering the escape of the others.
He will then take a shot at the guard in J7.
Attack[w/ Deadly Aim]:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Confirmation1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Damage 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Edit: Forgot to tumble1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


Initiative:
Quodak 19
Guards 17
Krathok 16
Moredrel 14
Kjolmar 13
Orion 13
Dragonborn 9
Erie 7

Erie's shot flies true into the upper arm of one of the guards.

Quodak steps back around the guard's parting strike, and hurls a bolt of energy at the guard, which lifts him off his feet, slamming his body backwards into the ground.

Despite the distraction, Kjolmar's attack deflects off the hard leather scales of the guard's armor.

Moredrel waves in the direction of one of the guards, casting a spell, but the guard does not seem to be affected.

The half-dragon strides forward menacingly and breathes a spray of flame, catching Quodak, Moredrel, Erie and Orion in the blast. 4 Damage; Reflex DC 14 for half

The guard in J7 charges forward and knocks Quodak off balance. Quodak is now prone.

The other two guards move to intercept you as you flee, but they make the fatal mistake of turning their backs on the dragonborn, even for a moment.

The dragonborn then move to hustle you away into the hidden passage.

Current Map

DM Rolls:

Guard Save v. Moredrel=1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Breath Weapon Damage:1d6 ⇒ 4
Trip Attempt v. Quodak:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


Male Human-ish Sor1 (silver draconic)/Bar3
DM Caleth wrote:


The half-dragon strides forward menacingly and breathes a spray of flame, catching Quodak, Moredrel, Erie and Orion in the blast. 4 Damage; Reflex DC 14 for half

The guard in J7 charges forward and knocks Quodak off balance. Quodak is now prone.

** spoiler omitted **

Reflex save 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Orion gets hit by the Blast of flame and falls over with a loud slam. He is still breathing shallowly and even as one looks upon his wounds continue to knit themselves back together.


Profile not in use

Krathok waits in the secret corridor for the rest to catch up.


Male Human Soulbolt 4

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Quodak is burnt badly by the breath weapon.

He will take a shot at the guard that tripped him.

Attack w/ Deadly Aim:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Confirmation:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Damage:1d10 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Female Elf Scout 1/Fighter (Targeteer) 2

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Ducking to avoid the worst of the blast, Erie will mutter under her breath "Si dovrà fare di meglio, si sputa bastardo."

Elven:
"You'll have to do better than that, you scaly bastard."


Reflex Save:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Moredrel cowers behind Quodak to avoid the flame, but is caught off guard when Quodak is brought to the ground. Grunting in pain and beating the flames off of his rags, he tries to step back out of the guards reach, glaring at the half-dragon as he moves.

A 5-foot step to either I13 or J13 if Erie has moved. (Evil Eye, -2 to saves Will DC 15)


Female Elf Scout 1/Fighter (Targeteer) 2

On her turn, Erie will say to her fellow escapees, "Pochodzą. Niech nas begone z tego miejsca z wszystkimi prędkości. Chciałbym zostać schwytane mi jak przez smoków po tym."

Xaidan:
"Come. Let us begone from this place with all speed. I wouldn't like to be caught by the dragons after this. First, though, let us be done with these slavers."

With that, she will move to K17 and fire at the half-dragon in L12.

Shortbow Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Skirmish Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

For 12 damage in total. Additionally, if I am reading your maps correctly I should have a clear shot at him. He is not in melee, and I have an unobstructed view to him, so no cover or concealment. My allies' squares can be safely fired through, which means that unless these "dragonborn" aren't really our allies and are leading us into a trap, I can safely fire through their squares just as I can with my PC allies.


Male Dwarf Rogue (scout) 4

Kjolmar quietly approaches the guard standing between him and the rest of the group from behind, and takes a stab at him.

5-foot to J11 and attack, but not flanking because Quodak doesn't provoke.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
[ooc]Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Male Dwarf Rogue (scout) 4

On a seperate note, you called these rogues dragonborn; are there any physical characteristics that mark them as such?


Male Human-ish Sor1 (silver draconic)/Bar3

*crickets*


Male Half-dork 5 Nerd (universalist)
Orion Snow wrote:
*crickets*

I've been agonizing over the silence. x.x


Male Human-ish Sor1 (silver draconic)/Bar3

casts summon dm.


Male Half-dork 5 Nerd (universalist)
Orion Snow wrote:
casts summon dm.

You forgot to take off your armor. The spell fizzles.


Never fear, your spell worked, I'm here now.

Do you guys actually want to fight the half-dragon, because the NPCs rescuing you are just going to keep herding your towards the secret passage and away from the guards at this point.


Male Human Soulbolt 4

If you are proposing that we simply move on, I'm fine with that. I'm not particularly keen on fighting the half-dragon.


Female Elf Scout 1/Fighter (Targeteer) 2

Moving on works for me. Erie will make her escape with the others.


Male Dwarf Rogue (scout) 4

[ooc]Aye, moving on is fine. I'm sure the rogues can handle themselves.


Profile not in use

Krathok already in secret tunnel, Krathok wonder what taking others so long...


Sure, I was planning on a fighting retreat, not wanting to just flee while we have people down or still fighting, but if we just want to hand wave the retreat that's fine by me.


Male Human-ish Sor1 (silver draconic)/Bar3

flee to the tunnel


Male Human Soulbolt 4

TO THE TUNNEL!!!!!


Profile not in use

Yay! Friends come join Krathok in tunnel of fun.... Krathok was getting lonely


Male Human-ish Sor1 (silver draconic)/Bar3

Orion had fallen to the ground last round, but his fast healing (via spell) kicked in the followinng round and he'll double move/run to the exit.


Your rescuers hustle you into the secret tunnel, leaving the two rogues behind to screen your escape. They lead you down through narrow passages built into the walls of the arena. Eventually you spill out into what is clearly an abandoned storage room somewhere beneath the arena. The room is filled with weapons and armor, mostly in a fairly un-maintained state.

Your rescuers begin piling handfuls of this equipment into an unhitched chariot they had clearly prepared earlier. They turn to you and address you for the first time. Schiet op, zal er later tijd voor introducties. Nemen wat je wilt, maar de bewakers zullen uitzoeken waar we snel zijn.

Camthi:
Hurry, there will be time for introdutions later. Take what you want but the guards will figure out where we are soon.

They pantomime equipping yourself from what is available in the storeroom.

This storeroom has any weapons and armor which are common in the world, and even some more odd weapons used in the games. Just tell me what equipment you want and generally assume that it is here in regular quality. The major exceptions are that there is no armor heavier than scale mail and the only bows appear to be composite shortbows.

DM Rolls:
1d100 ⇒ 63
1d100 ⇒ 89
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13


Male Human-ish Sor1 (silver draconic)/Bar3

if they have a great ax and a longbow I'll grab those along with ammo. Otherwise I'm fine with just my great club.


Male Dwarf Rogue (scout) 4

The stout man clearly doesn't understand what the rescuers are saying, but he understands their pantomimes. He takes a composite shortbow and quiver, testing the bow's pull and nodding approvingly. He also takes an old chain shirt, blowing on it to dust it off. It's made for a larger-than-normal human, but he takes it. He puts it on, obviously pleased that this armor can accommodate his large stomach. The end of the old iron armor dangles down at his knees. He then puts the bow on his back and quiver on his side.


Female Elf Scout 1/Fighter (Targeteer) 2

Erie will exchange her current shortbow for a composite one, and she will restock her quiver of arrows. She will also equip herself with a second dagger and a handaxe, as well as three throwing axes.


Male Human Soulbolt 4

Quodak will pick up a cestus, if possible, and drop his dagger. He will also replace his leather armor with a chain shirt. A dagger would also be nice, just for the back-up weapon.


Male Human-ish Sor1 (silver draconic)/Bar3
Orion Snow wrote:
if they have a great ax and a longbow I'll grab those along with ammo. Otherwise I'm fine with just my great club.

Make that a composit longbow.

Also, Orion didnt understand the words, but the pantomime.


That all seems fine. Also I usually don't but at least for the beginning of the story I'm going to hold you to tracking ammo, assuming that a quiver holds 25 arrows.


Female Elf Scout 1/Fighter (Targeteer) 2

How many quivers are there, and how much does each weigh?


Male Human-ish Sor1 (silver draconic)/Bar3
DM Caleth wrote:
That all seems fine. Also I usually don't but at least for the beginning of the story I'm going to hold you to tracking ammo, assuming that a quiver holds 25 arrows.

two quivers then


Male Human Soulbolt 4

Good thing I make my own ammo. :P


"Waar zullen we naar buiten komen?"

Camthi:
"Where will we come out?"

When they answer, he will close his eyes and concentrate.

DM:
trying to convey that to his familiar. Just the general area and "I'm coming, be ready."

As an afterthought, he will grab a sling and some bullets.

I assume no crossbows? Substitute a light xbow if there are any.

And for Orion, I thought he said there were only composite shortbows, not long?


Male Human-ish Sor1 (silver draconic)/Bar3
thejeff wrote:


And for Orion, I thought he said there were only composite shortbows, not long?

My bad. Composite shortbow


Profile not in use

Warily eyeing the rescuers Krathok does not gather any further equipment. The leather armor he wears and dagger he wields is sufficient for him.

151 to 200 of 1,520 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Caleth's Bronze Age: An Inheritance of Dragons All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.