Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Caleth's Bronze Age: An Inheritance of Dragons (Inactive)

Game Master Saint Caleth

In an ancient world, a group of recently freed slaves join the fight against the tyrannical Dragon God, possibly to end his reign forever...


1,451 to 1,500 of 1,520 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>

Male Human Soulbolt 4

Figure I can't do much worse than Orion.

It is true, Spirit. We have done nothing but hinder the Dragon-folk, and they have been naught but a hinderance to us. We are on our way now to help another outpost of those who would fight against the dragons. Even now, they may be in danger. Would that serve your cause, losing those who would fight against those who have, by your tone with my winged friend, done you wrong? We seek to wrong them as well, and dethrone them from power. I think we can make a partnership of this, and we can help eachother. What say you, Spirit?

Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 10


The figure seems impassive in the face of Quodak and Orion's pleas, although it is difficult to tell the emotions playing across his vaguely alien features.

Moredrel and Krathok still each have a chance to try some diplomacy as well.


Profile not in use

Krathok is not trying any diplomacy at present.


Very well then. You may go to your war, but know that if you stray from your path by even the slightest amount while in our lands you are doomed. We will be watching you. the reply is injected reluctantly into the collective as the winds and cold cloaking your interaction lessen slightly.

Sense Motive (DC 22):
You think that the spirit is lying about letting you pass all the way to Anaph Pell. The ease with which he caved to your requests is suspicious, given his initial response to you.

CHA (DC 25):
As the spirit's mind touches the collective one last time to speak, you can, with great mental force, open that mental door the other way for a brief moment. You see a chilling intention of freezing death and you suddenly doubt that the spirits will let you reach Anaph Pell unmolested.


Male Human-ish Sor1 (silver draconic)/Bar3

Sense motive 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Cha 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13


Male Human Soulbolt 4

No rolls for me, thanks. Skill/ability checks aren't successful automatically on nat 20s, and I don't have high enough modifiers.


Profile not in use

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Krathok watches the spirit go warily, before turning to his companions to ensure that they are all hale - before waiting to press on.


No chance at either roll.

Thank you, Spirit. We will pass as quickly as we may.


Male Human Soulbolt 4

Quodak nods appreciatively to the spirit, ready to get moving.


Male Human-ish Sor1 (silver draconic)/Bar3

Orion calms himself and moves with the group, but he gives the fey a dirty look.


The spirit allows you to pass and exit the ravine onto the top of the glacier. A remarkably chill wind seems to follow you along with the creature's glare before it steps backwards and vanishes into the mist, which soon disperses revealing the nearly featureless expanse of ice and snow ahead of you.

Top of the glacier.

You are going to need to find your way towards Anaph Pell. You know that it is northeast of you, so survivial should be able to help you navigate.

Sorry that took so long. There are a lot of behind the scenes things going on at this point in the campaign and in-game time is very important. I am on vacation now, so expect things to move at a slightly less glacial pace.


Male Human-ish Sor1 (silver draconic)/Bar3

Gorak squints at the sun and surveys the land to see if he can determine the right direction.
Survival 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Male Human Soulbolt 4

Gorak?

Survival1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

It looks like I've never actually looked at the Survival rules all that closely. Apparently, anyone who is trained in Survival can automatically discern north. I wouldn't be surprised nor opposed to you requiring a check for it, though.


Profile not in use

Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


Male Human-ish Sor1 (silver draconic)/Bar3
Quodak Milner wrote:

Gorak?

Survival1d20+2

It looks like I've never actually looked at the Survival rules all that closely. Apparently, anyone who is trained in Survival can automatically discern north. I wouldn't be surprised nor opposed to you requiring a check for it, though.

Orion. sorry.


Male Human Soulbolt 4

It's all good. Not that big a deal.


You can automatically tell where north is, but it is going to take a DC 13-17 check each day of travel to stay on the correct northeast path depending on the weather.

Trudging through the ice and snow for a while, Krathok manages to lead you to a small stone outcropping which overlooks the icy expanse of the glaicer. It is not quite evening, but you can all pretty much tell that this would be an advantageous site to set up camp. You would be able to keep watch more effectively, but as a drawback you would be more conspicuous.

DM Rolls:

1d100 ⇒ 31


Male Human-ish Sor1 (silver draconic)/Bar3

"I shall take first watch." Orion offers.


Male Human Soulbolt 4

Very well. I can take last watch.

Sorry, didn't see the updates in here. I would've posted much sooner.


Is there anything you particularly want to do roleplay-wise as you continue your journey? If so, just do it now since I am going to fast-forward a little bit to something more interesting.

For two days you continue to trudge across the frozen wasteland of the glacier in what you hope is the direction of Anaph Pell. On the third day,a chill fog quickly descends, cutting your visibility to a mere 20' or so in front of you and muffling the sound of your travel.

For each hour that you travel now, you will need to make a collective survival check to see how well you stay on course.

Survival DC 15:
You think that this fog is too clinging and thick, and arose too abruptly to be on entirely natural origin.

Perception DC 21:
As you move through the ghostly world of the strange fog, you can hear muffled sounds, perhaps of crashing and shouting to your left, and even make out the barest hint of flashes of light, seemingly a fight in progress.

Perception DC 26:
Slightly farther away than the muffled battle, you can hear the fall of booted feet and clank of armor, seemingly of a large group from directly in front of you. It seems like there are more of them than of you, so still have time before they get close enough to be likely to be able to hear you.


Male Human-ish Sor1 (silver draconic)/Bar3

Hour 1 Survival 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Hour 2 Survival 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Hour 3 Survival 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Hour 4 Survival 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


Profile not in use

Survivals: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 and 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 and 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 and 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Krathok trudges ever on.

No roleplay reqs of the journey.


Male Human Soulbolt 4

Not entirely sure why it wasn't coming up, but I've seen now that there are posts.

Survivals:

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Perception

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

I haven't anything particular to RP, either.


You move through the fog, nearly seeming to float all but detached from the rest of the world for another few minutes before Orion seems to notice something (based on his previous Perception check).

Seconds later, something large swoops past overhead. You cannot make out what it is beyond a shadow in the freezing fog, but the passage of its bulk is undeniable, as is the force of the beating of its wings above you. You are facing Northeast, it is flying from West to East above you.

Orion:
You can hear the fall of booted feet and clank of armor, seemingly of a large group from directly in front of you. It sounds like there are more of them than there are of you, so it is possible that they have not noticed you yet. This is the DC 26 spoiler from before, with the DC adjusted for getting closer.

DM Rolls:
Perception Bad:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Perception Good:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


Male Human-ish Sor1 (silver draconic)/Bar3

Orion suddenly stops and speaks softly. Putting his hand on the person in front of him and to the side."Shh. I hear armored men in front. More of them than us. We may not be spotted yet, but I can't be sure. "


Male Human Soulbolt 4

Quodak stops as Orion speaks, responding in a like tone.

Armored men? That's odd..... aren't these flats supposed to be deserted?

Sorry again. For whatever reason, the X new hasn't been popping up.


Profile not in use

Krathok pauses where he stands, warily eyeing the fog.


As you pause, the huge flying creature passes overhead once more, This time swooping down from behind you so close that even through the fog, you can see the vague shadow if its bulk.

Perception DC 15:
The men ahead of you clearly have noticed the flying creature approaching, and call out in muffled and indistinct draconic.


Male Human Soulbolt 4

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Oh, sure, now I get a 26.

They've seen it too, guys.


Male Human Soulbolt 4

Quodak manifests his mind bolt, ready to attack whatever needs attacking should a threat make itself clear.


From ahead of you, you suddenly hear screams or surprise and pain through the fog, maybe about 25-35ft. away.

Give me an approximate order that you guys are in, I am not going to draw a map while the fog is here, since it is supposed to be disorienting.

Perception DC 15:
From behind you and slightly to the side comes the sound of running feet, approaching very quickly. Maybe two people.


Male Human Soulbolt 4

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

I imagine I would be somewhere near the back, being a (roughly) ranged character.


Profile not in use

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Krathok stands still, crouching slightly on his haunches.

Order would probably be Orion - Krathok - Quodak


Male Human Soulbolt 4

That seems about right to me.


Right now, you are all close enough that you can generally perceive what each other are doing. If you get farther apart than about 15-20', I will warn you, and then I will start writing separate spoilers for each of you to preserve the disorienting effects of the fog.

In the fog, adjacent creatures have a 20% miss chance, creatures between 10-20' away have a 50% miss chance and you cannot see anything farther than 20' away.

Arglwydd Brwydr gerdded gyda ni! With a bellowed shout, a huge, hulking figure charges out of the fog, heading in Quodak's general direction. He swings a club-like object, striking Quodak in the head with a dull metallic thunk. (18 points bludgeoning damage).

Brywyn:
Lord of Battle, walk with us!

As this happens, another figure runs headlong towards Orion, stopping only when he knocks into the man. It is a soldier wearing the uniform of the Dragon God's legions. He looks at Orion for a split second, before pulling himself together and saluting. Sir! We are under attack, Sir! Spirits all around us!

There is now a huge, shaggy humanoid adjacent to Quodak. And a soldier of the Dragon God standing in front of Orion. Now is a probably a good time to roll initiative to sort things out.

DM Rolls:

Charge:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Miss:1d200 ⇒ 34
Damage:1d10 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Perception 1:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Male Human Soulbolt 4

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Ouch. Quodak's not reacting quickly to that one.

Our Brywyn speaker is gone, isn't he? I haven't heard anything from Moredrel in quite some time.

Edit: Looking at your rolls, I believe he missed me. My flat-footed AC is 14, not 13.


Good point. He does indeed miss.

I thought that Krathok spoke Brywyn, but now that I look, that is not the case.


Profile not in use

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

So do we wait on them... or do we get a round in before shaggy swings a second time?


Male Human-ish Sor1 (silver draconic)/Bar3

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Male Human-ish Sor1 (silver draconic)/Bar3

Slightly confused
"Well, take up arms and go get it. Even spirits bleed."

He has no idea if that's true. It might be as far as he knows.

Casts mage armor.

Bluff if needed 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


You can clearly hear the sound of massive wingbeats in front of Orion, in the direction that the soldier came from. There is a (presumably) human scream and the sound of a body hitting the ground.

The soldier who seems to have confused Orion for his superior officer points his spear in the general direction of the wings and backs up next to Orion. It's in the air! We can't touch it up there he says expectantly. It seems that the soldiers of the dragon god are completely reliant on their sorcerous officers to deal with airborne threats.

Orion's turn. There is still a big humanoid next to Quodak. The soldier next to Orion has backed up to within spear reach of Krathok.

Initiative:
DM
Orion
"Shaggy"
Quodak
Krathok

DM Rolls:

DM (R):1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
DM (S):1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
DM (D):1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20


Male Human-ish Sor1 (silver draconic)/Bar3

Orion readies an action to jump up to and on the creature should it get close enough.

Telepathically through the link

::Should we just leave the dragon gods men to die as we get out of here? I'd rather not have to fight everything.::


The creature adjacent to Quodak swings his metal bar again, with a shout, but cannot connect with Quodak through the clinging fog.

Another hulking figure comes into view, this one brandishing a huge axe. He pauses for a beat seeing Quodak and Krathok before brandishing his axe in Orion's general direction with a shout, seemingly directed at Quodak and Krathok. Draak manne!Gaan lê, Ramlor waak oor julle, broers! With that warning, a roar of fire erupts from the axe, exploding across Orion, the soldier beside him, and from the sound of the eerie screams, whatever winged creature was wreaking havok in front of you. (Orion takes 22 Fire Damage; Reflex DC 16 half)

Orc:
Dragon men! Get down, Ramlor watches over you, brothers!

Spellcraft DC 18:
The ball of fire is, in fact a fireball spell.

DM Rolls:

Attack:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Perception:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Reflex:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Reflex:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Reflex:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Fire Damage:5d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 4, 3, 6) = 22


Male Human Soulbolt 4

Quodak looks to the hulking figure as it seems to shout at him, but shrugs, unable to understand the harsh tongue. Meanwhile, he steps out of the way of the beast 5 foot step, and unleashes an attack at it, which, I'd imagine in all this fog, would be pretty hard to see. Not looking for Flat-footed or anything, just surprise when it gets hit (or doesn't) by something hard to see.

Attack, Using Deadly Aim and including PBS: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Damage: 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

::Anyone know what he's saying? We need to sort this out.::


Male Human-ish Sor1 (silver draconic)/Bar3

Ref1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

11 fire damage.

::Hell if I know.::

Orion grabs his ax and readies to defend himself.


Krathok's turn. He knows what the newcomer just shouted too.

Remember that translating through the collective is a move action in conbat.

DM:

Miss Chance:1d100 ⇒ 3


Male Human-ish Sor1 (silver draconic)/Bar3
DM Caleth wrote:

Krathok's turn. He knows what the newcomer just shouted too.

Remember that translating through the collective is a move action in conbat.

** spoiler omitted **

Which is why Orion doesnt know what he said. ;-)


Profile not in use

So shaggy with the iron bar doesn't like Quodak.
Orcish speaking axe-man has attacked Orion.
Dragon soldier thinks Orion is a a commander.
But how do these creatures react to each other?


Male Human-ish Sor1 (silver draconic)/Bar3
Krathok wrote:

So shaggy with the iron bar doesn't like Quodak.

Orcish speaking axe-man has attacked Orion.
Dragon soldier thinks Orion is a a commander.
But how do these creatures react to each other?

Specifically is my dragon soldier attacking Axe-man? Defending his commander and all that? ;-)


The dragon soldier would be attacking the newcomer, but he got toasted by the fireball. I probably should have not forgotten that in my last post. I'm just waiting on Krathok's turn before the DM goes again.

Remember that the fog is magical in nature, someone is probably trying to sow confusion amongst the various groups of people present. Don't worry, the intention is that this starts out as a confused clusterf*+!.

1,451 to 1,500 of 1,520 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Caleth's Bronze Age: An Inheritance of Dragons All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.