Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Caleth's Bronze Age: An Inheritance of Dragons (Inactive)

Game Master Saint Caleth

In an ancient world, a group of recently freed slaves join the fight against the tyrannical Dragon God, possibly to end his reign forever...


1,401 to 1,450 of 1,520 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>

Male Human-ish Sor1 (silver draconic)/Bar3

id go with the group Str check pulling them up with ropes.


Male Human Soulbolt 4

I have no handle animal.


Male Dwarf Rogue (scout) 4

No Handle Animal on me.


Male Human-ish Sor1 (silver draconic)/Bar3

just tie up the cominal mounts and scare them in the right direction. :-)


That works. I think that the yaks might be momentarily alarmed, but it would be kind of hard for them to bolt while being hoisted into the air. You can assume that the yaks are up there with you now and proceed.


Male Human Soulbolt 4

Sweet. Onward, Gentlemen!


Male Dwarf Rogue (scout) 4

Alright. So we continue on our way, in the direction we were headed.


Profile not in use

Onward ho!


Male Human-ish Sor1 (silver draconic)/Bar3

After re-harnessing everything we proceed on our journey.


Male Human Soulbolt 4

Onward ho indeed, I hope. Anything incoming?


Male Human-ish Sor1 (silver draconic)/Bar3

Sooo...It's been half a month with no game activity...


Male Human-ish Sor1 (silver draconic)/Bar3

Ok, I'm going to assume this game is dead. If it revives please message me so I am aware. thanks all. Good gaming.


After ascending the glacier, you travel along the bottom of the crevasse as it shallows out and ascends towards the surface of the glacier. As it approaches evening, clouds cover the sun and the wind picks up, becoming almost preternaturally cold.

Please make three more fortitude saves for cold, and an additional save (DC 18) for the extreme cold to which the temperature is plummeting.


Profile not in use

Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Krathok stumps along in the freezing cold, relying on his natural toughness and ability to draw on internal mental reserves to carry him forward.


Male Human Soulbolt 4

Fort Save DC 15: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 2 = 22
Fort Save DC 16: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 = 8
Fort Save DC 17: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 2 = 15
Fort Save DC 18: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 2 = 19

Nonlethal damage from saves two and three: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6

Quodak sticks with it, shivering some, but hanging in there.


Also a Perception check. I completely forgot about that one.


Male Human Soulbolt 4

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


Until and unless someone else wants it, Moredrel will wear the cloak and bypass the saves.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18


Profile not in use

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


Male Human-ish Sor1 (silver draconic)/Bar3

Fort 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Fort 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Fort 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

DC18
Fort 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Edit: Failed three Nonlethal 3d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 5) = 15

Percep 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Orion seems to be very effected by the cold, but when it's at it's worst he casts a spell and the effects of the cold seem to lessen greatly.

Cast infernal healing to get back his HP. Does healing heal one subdual per or two? In otherwords I was down 15 Subdual and healed 10 regular. Am I down by 5 subdual or am I totally healed?


Male Human Soulbolt 4

First off, healing heals back one nonlethal and one lethal for every point of healing. Second, you have to warm up before you can heal any of the HPs, so Infernal Healing would do absolutely nothing.


Quodak is right about the healing, you can't heal the subdual cold damage until you warm up once you have hypothermia.

As you walk along through the rapidly worsening weather, you suddenly see a single humanoid figure standing before you, seemingly wrapped in the incipient snow and wind like a cloak. He speaks in a hollow voice, in draconic. "More humans come to our lands. Your kind is not welcome here, the passage of the Dwarves is affront enough. Leave now, this glacier is ours by ancient right and negotiation.

Orion:
You know stories to scare small children, stories of the inhabitants of the highest peaks and glaciers. Some, however, say that they are the spirits incarnate, which are worshiped by the Orcs and more than a few Humans.

Krathok:
The spirits worshiped by the Orcs are said to sometimes manifest in physical form. This may be an incarnate spirit, worthy of worship depending on how into traditional Orc religion you are.

Knowledge:Religion (DC 21):
Stories say that in the most remote parts of the world spirits of nature incarnate themselves. They are invulnerable to any weapon made by man and have power over the cold and stone. In some stories they kill and enslave the Humans who have moved into their territory and in some stories they are in turn servants or slaves of the Dwarves.
They are Fey, but you don't know that word.


Male Human-ish Sor1 (silver draconic)/Bar3

Got it. Small edit then.
Ret Con:
When the cold is at it's worst and Orion feels the chill he asks Moredrel to borrow the Endure elements cloak for a bit. Using the cloak to effectively warm himself up he then casts his spell and feels much better as the spell runs it's course. So revitalized he hands the cloak back to the smaller man.

That work?


Profile not in use

Blue lipped and pensive, Krathok's brow furrows before speaking at the figure in orcish "Hael gees, ek uitgestrek op die voet van die winter.Watter huis is jy?"

Orcish:
"Hail spirit, I am prostrate at the foot of winter. Which house are you?"


Male Human Soulbolt 4

Quodak pauses as Orc begins talking to/at the figure, and translates into draconic, that being the language the figure first spoke in, and sending the figures words along the collective so that Krathok could understand it.

As far as I can tell, Orion, that would work.


The figure clearly understands Krathok's comment in Orc and replies in kind, sounding angry. Ek verwag meer van jou soort, Ork. Of is jy deur die oorweldiger gestuur, die ou ooreenkomste te breek.

Orc:
I would expect more of your kind, orc. Or were you sent by the usurper too, to break the ancient agreements.

The wind grows stronger, and it grows darker matching the mood of the figure before you.

Perception DC 20:
There are small, quick, shadowy figures moving around at the rim of the crevasse above you; barely visible in the darkening and worsening weather.


Profile not in use

A nascent growl stirring in Krathok's throat he replies "Ek is gestuur deur niemand, is niemand se slaaf en my eie pad te loop ...en julle het nie antwoord op my vraag gees ....watter huis is jy?" chin jutted forward and belligerent despite the cold. He is careful though to not take any further steps towards, instead holding his ground.

Orcish:
"I was sent by none, am no-one's slave and walk my own path... and you did not answer my question spirit.... of what house are you?"

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


Male Human Soulbolt 4

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Through the collective, Quodak sends ::This isn't the only one. There are other figures moving around, almost outside of my vision.::


Male Human-ish Sor1 (silver draconic)/Bar3

Percep 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Not understanding the words, but hearing the harsh tones combined with Quodak's warning Orion puts his hand on his ax, but does not yet draw it. Only prepares.


Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

draconic:
"Spirit, we did not intend to offend. We are travelers from afar and knew nothing of your presence or agreements. The Dwarves suggested this path to us.
We know nothing of this usurper you speak of, but there are strange new things in all the lands and we dreamed troubled dreams on the slopes below the ice. May we know more?
"


Watter huis? Die huis van die winter, die huis van klip en koue, wat jou mense het as gevolg van eerbied.Ons was hier voor jou en ons sal hier wees na hierdie wêreld is ingesluk deur die nag. The sinister figure replies to Krathok, before turning to address the human members of the party in draconic. The Dwarves should know better then. Although you do wear their raiments. He gestures to Quodak's helmet and Krathok's torc. Our agreement is with them, not interlopers from another world, and your so called gods who take from us the reverence which we are due. Your kind is especially not welcome here; you have done us the most insult, you who once called us brothers. The last comment is directed towards Orion with the same haughty tone suggesting that the speaker has an unfair advantage over you. As the figure speaks, he does something intangible, which you cannot quite put your finger on, but you can feel the effect in your minds.

An SLA was just used on you, you should all make will saves.

Orc:
What house? The house of winter, the house of stone and of cold, to which your people once gave due reverence. We were here before you and we shall be here after this world is swallowed by the night.


Profile not in use

Will: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 Would like to know what effect / non-effect of the SLA before reacting...


Made DC 18:
You feel frigid cold tendrils reaching into your mind, trying to pry it open, but you manage to fore them out before they bare your mind.


Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 +2 if it's enchantment


Failed DC 18:
You feel frigid psychic tendrils reach into your mind and wrench it open, baring your thoughts to the cold mountain air. What are you thinking? The SLA was the 3rd round effect of detect thoughts.


Male Human Soulbolt 4

Will Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

DM - Thoughts:
What the hell are these things? Are we going to make it out alive? Are we going to have to fight? Do we even have a chance if we do have to fight?

Basically, his mind is racing with thoughts similar to these.


Thoughts:
Moredrel's mind is full of curiosity and wonder: Elemental spirits? But who is this usurper? And what are these so-called gods? The Dragon God? The powers of the South my patron spoke of?


Male Human-ish Sor1 (silver draconic)/Bar3

Will 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


Male Human-ish Sor1 (silver draconic)/Bar3

Detect thoughts:

In Xaidan

"I wish someone would let me know what's happening."

Past that he just has a general feeling of unease.


So you guys are fine with the mind reading? You aren't doing anything else?


Male Human-ish Sor1 (silver draconic)/Bar3
DM Caleth wrote:
So you guys are fine with the mind reading? You aren't doing anything else?

[ooc]Not "fine," but following the lead of those who can understand the conversation. [/url]


Male Human-ish Sor1 (silver draconic)/Bar3
Orion Snow wrote:
DM Caleth wrote:
So you guys are fine with the mind reading? You aren't doing anything else?
Not "fine," but following the lead of those who can understand the conversation.

Crap. Bad editing.


Profile not in use

Krathok does not speak, and retains his belligerent expression... but does take a knee as a show of respect to a manifestation of his ancestral spirits.


I wasn't sure if we'd be aware of what it was doing with a failed save.


You can tell he's in your mind. He's not being terribly subtle about it.


Male Human Soulbolt 4

Quodak shakes his head, trying to rid himself of the presence, apparently succeeding.He keeps his hands free and ready to manifest, although he says nothing.


Male Human-ish Sor1 (silver draconic)/Bar3

Through the collective though our friend can probably "hear" it, "Tell him to get out of my head or I will end him." Orion growls a deep inhuman tone as he thinks that eyes locked with the fey.


In Draconic: "If you want to know something, ask. It is an affront to us to enter our minds uninvited."


Why would we ask? Your kind tells nothing but lies, human. It is difficult to tell if the words are spoken, or if they are planted directly into the collective.

I was waiting for your guys to try some diplomacy or other social skill checks, since the mysterious figure still seems pretty hostile, or at least unfriendly to you.


Male Human-ish Sor1 (silver draconic)/Bar3
DM Caleth wrote:

Why would we ask? Your kind tells nothing but lies, human. It is difficult to tell if the words are spoken, or if they are planted directly into the collective.

I was waiting for your guys to try some diplomacy or other social skill checks, since the mysterious figure still seems pretty hostile, or at least unfriendly to you.

Spoken and thought in Xaidan. Perhaps he'll understand perhaps not.

"I am not human. I am an outsider wherever I go. I have no love of the dragons and would strangle the oppressors with my bare hands if I had the ability. We don't know you and have no anger toward you. We simply flee the dragon gods minions. We have no home so we simply travel."

DIplomacy 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

1,401 to 1,450 of 1,520 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Caleth's Bronze Age: An Inheritance of Dragons All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.