Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Caleth's Bronze Age: An Inheritance of Dragons (Inactive)

Game Master Saint Caleth

In an ancient world, a group of recently freed slaves join the fight against the tyrannical Dragon God, possibly to end his reign forever...


751 to 800 of 1,520 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>

Male Human Soulbolt 4

There's a pretty big meal down in the sewers. :P

Quodak will go to bed, after disposing of his now-ruined cloak.


Assuming that Orion, Erie and Moredrel do not want to get up to anything in the night. If you do, feel free to retcon and add in whatever it is...

Also, who is in each of the two rooms which you are sharing as a party. This may become important in a moment.


Profile not in use

Krathok not concerned with who his bunkmates are.
He will bunk down in room #1


Male Dwarf Rogue (scout) 4

Room #2. Because why not.


Profile not in use

Krathok learn through collective that Kjolmar not like bunk with Krathok. This make Krathok sad :P


Moredrel will try to identify the gloves.

Take 10 on Spellcraft = 24

Then sleep in room #2.


Orion sleeps in room #1 for arbitrary reasons.


Male Human Soulbolt 4

Sleeping in #1.


Moredrel:
The gloves are Gloves of the Arcanist from Magic Item Compendium. I can post a full description if you need.

The night passes fitfully. An aura of nervousness pervades the compound, uncertain as to what the repercussions of the days actions will be.

Quodak and Krathok:
During the night, you awaken at a creak of the door and floorboards, to see Belisarius entering your room. He freezes when you wake up.

DM Rolls:

[ooc]Krathok:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Orion:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Quodak:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


Male Human Soulbolt 4

Room 1:
"Would you mind explaining what you're doing, Belisarius?" Quodak says loud enough for Orion to hear.


Quodak Milner wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

DM:

Just let me know if it's loud enough to wake me.


Yes is it loud enough to wake you. Read the first spoiler for room 1.

Sorry, room 2 people, this hopefully will not take long, and as a bonus, you get to catch up on your beauty sleep.


I will need that description. Thanks.

Meanwhile, Moredrel sleeps soundly.


Male Dwarf Rogue (scout) 4

Kjolmar sleeps soundly, snoring loudly. Visions of dragon treasures dance in his head.


Room 1:

Orion wakes squinting a bit to get his bearings. Seeing Bel Orion asks, "Belsarius, did you need something?"


Profile not in use

All the kids in the Cool Bunk #1:
Krathok wakes, but seeing the question already asked - waits for Belisarius' response.


Room 1:
I am leaving to join those of our brothers at Anaph Pell who are prepared to take action against the dragons. You notice now that Belisarius has an especially hard edged look on his face.

Sense Motive DC 15:
It is clear that there is more going on than Belisarius wants to admit.

A tremendous shudder runs through the building that you are in, nearly throwing you from your beds to the floor. Everyone in both rooms is awake now. It is about 3am


DM Caleth wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

** spoiler omitted **

A tremendous shudder runs through the building that you are in, nearly throwing you from your beds to the floor. Everyone in both rooms is awake now. It is about 3am

"Do what you must." Orion says to Bel.

As the earth shakes, "What the hell was that?"


Room 1:
Belisarius has only had time to whip his head around to where the pounding came from to the west. Without a word he runs into the hall.

There is another crash, shaking the building and sending dust drifting down from the rafters.


DM Caleth wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

There is another crash, shaking the building and sending dust drifting down from the rafters.

Orion jumps up and follows him out of the room.


Male Human Soulbolt 4

Quodak leaps up as well, following Orion, and hoping to make sure those in Room 2 make their way out.


In the hallway, confused people are peeking their heads out of their rooms. Belisarius is the only one of them who seems alarmed.


Profile not in use

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Collective:
"Danger comes. Belisarius want to leave for Anaph Pell - but his words hide truth in shadow"

Having slept in his armor, Krathok has little to gather before following Belisarius.

DM Caleth - have we slept long enough to recover HP / PP?


You have rested long enough to refresh you HP and such. Don't worry I'm not that sadistic a DM

You hear colossal footsteps running across the courtyard as Urrax is roused from his slumber. There is a titanic blast of fiery light, visible even through the cracks of the wooden building and then two titanic voices begin shouting in Draconic, but the overlap of the voices combined with the now more frequent crashes make the excat words of either impossible to pick out.


Profile not in use

Cool - if anyone still needs healing, let me know and I'll get it to you one way or another.

Krathok is driven to pause by the magnitude of the sounds. Best let other one go in front.


Moredrel staggers out of bed with the first shudder and heads for the door. He pauses to try to make out the words, but continues to the entrance when he can't.
Or are there windows? He'll look out first, if there are.

HPs back, but no time to relearn spells. Oh well, I've got a few left and hexes to fall back on.


Male Dwarf Rogue (scout) 4

My current HP is 11/21. Still hurting pretty bad.

I also slept in armor, as there's no penalty for light armor.

Kjolmar's dreams are rudely interrupted by a tremendous crash. He sits up dizzily, trying to recover his faculties and get a bearing on his surroundings. A second thud jars his mind into more alertness. He hears - or thinks? - Krathok's words through the collective, and responds to them:

Collective:
"Do we follow? And what kinda danger?"

He prepares himself to move out immediately, collecting all his stuff and waking anyone who managed to sleep through that. He then moves into the hallway, hearing the titanic voices outside and thinking to himself, Ye gods, a battle of dragons. He moves outside as fast as he can, as he wants to bear witness to such a spectacle.


Profile not in use

Body Adjustment to Kjolmar: 1d12 ⇒ 12 - back to full buddy.
14/17 PP

Collective:
You get a mental sense of a grizzled half-orc shrugging his shoulders "Don't know"


When the shouting starts, Belisarius runs into the main courtyard, heedless of who he shoves out of the way in his flight.

Outside:
Belisarius makes a beeline for the entrance to the sewers, but your attention is arrested by the sight of Urrax pressing his mammoth weight against the gate of the compound. The thuds are an equally massive object slamming against the gate from the outside. With every strike, Urrax recoils against the doors with each shutter. From the top of the nearby walls dangle the burnt remains of ropes, where Urrax has presumably fried someone trying to scale the walls. As you emerge from the buildings, others emerge in confusion, milling about and not comprehending what is happening.


Male Dwarf Rogue (scout) 4

Though Kjolmar is disappointed that he isn't bearing witness to a duel of dragons, he quickly gets over that and observes what it is Urrex is doing. It dawns on him that something is trying to force its way through the door, and the burnt ropes lead him to his conclusion: an assault on the compound by soldiers! (He operates on this asumption, even though it may be wrong.)

Kjolmar curses Belisarius for running to the sewers at a time like this, and moves as fast as his dwarven legs can carry him to the top of the compound walls. He wants to try and help Urrex if he can. He doesn't even try to shout something to the dragon, as the din of Urrex's struggle mutes all other noises. Once up on the walls, he'll look down at the other side of the gate, to see who - or what - is testing the strength of a dragon.


Kjolmar Greyhelm wrote:

Though Kjolmar is disappointed that he isn't bearing witness to a duel of dragons, he quickly gets over that and observes what it is Urrex is doing. It dawns on him that something is trying to force its way through the door, and the burnt ropes lead him to his conclusion: an assault on the compound by soldiers! (He operates on this asumption, even though it may be wrong.)

Kjolmar curses Belisarius for running to the sewers at a time like this, and moves as fast as his dwarven legs can carry him to the top of the compound walls. He wants to try and help Urrex if he can. He doesn't even try to shout something to the dragon, as the din of Urrex's struggle mutes all other noises. Once up on the walls, he'll look down at the other side of the gate, to see who - or what - is testing the strength of a dragon.

Unsure of what to do Orion goes with Greyhelm


Male Human Soulbolt 4

Quodak comes up to the walls as well, materializing his Mind Bolt as he arrives.


From atop the wall you can see the stunning actions happening beyond the gate. The wide avenue outside is packed with guards. Three half-dragons stand before the gate, conjuring blasts of force which smash against it, producing the crashes. Nearby lie the burned bodies of several guards who apparently tried to climb the gate.

The wall is about 80' high with a 15' wide walkway on the top. You are standing in a 30' wide section above the gate flanked by two 25' square towers which rise a further 10'. Map to sort out that confusion coming soon.


DM Caleth wrote:

From atop the wall you can see the stunning actions happening beyond the gate. The wide avenue outside is packed with guards. Three half-dragons stand before the gate, conjuring blasts of force which smash against it, producing the crashes. Nearby lie the burned bodies of several guards who apparently tried to climb the gate.

The wall is about 80' high with a 15' wide walkway on the top. You are standing in a 30' wide section above the gate flanked by two 25' square towers which rise a further 10'. Map to sort out that confusion coming soon.

Orion relays this through the collective also says both mentally an auibly

"Fight or flee?"


Male Dwarf Rogue (scout) 4

Collective:
"Well, I don't know about you lads, but I owe Urrex, an' I figure now's a good a time as any fer payin' him back."

That said (or thought), Kjolmar goes along the wall, cutting any ropes which the soldiers are scaling the wall with. If there are none, he'll rush down to the ground floor, ready to defend Urrex as best he can should the gate give way, seeing as how he has no ranged form of attack.


Male Human Soulbolt 4

Collective:
"Agreed, Kjolmar."

Quodak positions himself above the gate, and psionically focuses/prepares psychic strike, preparing to take shots at the half-dragons.


Mentally and verbally

"Sounds good. BRING IT!"

Orion says and thinks to the collective as he hefts his club.


Since I've missed a bit here...

Moredrel will have followed the others up the walls, looked over and said "I'm going to be no use up here. I don't have enough spells left to make a difference and my hexes won't reach the ground."

He'll then return to ground level with Kjolmar, then pause looking at the confusion in the compound. Then he'll shout, trying to get Urrax's attention: "[b]Should we evacuate or try to help you?[b]"

If (when) that fails to reach him, he'll cast Message and repeat the same. Maybe a targeted whisper will work when a shout fails.

Other than that, was there anyone else in authority here other than Urrax and Belisarius? Are they in sight?
Is everyone in the compound a combatant or were only the few Belisarius took on the various raids? Any of them in around? I need people between me and the troops!
Did anyone follow Belisarius into the sewers?

And can I get that description for the gloves?


The only other person who would have been in a position of authority is Vaelins, the old man who was being beaten up by the half-dragon you killed in the Cellar. He was Belisarius' second in command and generally represented Urrax's opinions among the dragonborn when they (usually) conflicted with Belisarius'. Since Belisarius is gone and Vaelins is no where to be found yet, there is a very compelling argument for you being in charge.
About 1/4 of the dragonborn in the compound are able to fight. The rest are too young, too old, or just don't have any sort of useful combat training. This works out to about 16 combatants left not counting you and Belisarius.
Belisarius is gone by this point and seems to have run off before anyone could see him, or that he was even there at all. Erie also appears to be gone, she might have gone with him.

As you prepare for battle, the other inhabitants of the compound begin pouring out of the buildings. Some of those who can fight are rushing towards you and the gate, and some are staying behind to protect the non-combatants who are milling about in panic.

If you are standing and fighting by the gate you have plenty of time to position yourselves. Position yourself on the Map

Moredrel:

I can fend for myself. Go, but if they breach the walls you will need to make sure that the children and elderly escape.

Gloves:
When you activate arcanist’s gloves (a swift action), you add 2 to the caster level of the next 1st level arcane spell you cast.
Arcanist’s gloves function two times per day.

DM Rolls:

1d6 ⇒ 2


Profile not in use

Krathok considers the thoughts conveyed to him and nods simply, adding

Orcish: As Krathok moet sterf, laat hom baie ongelowige met hom.:
"If Krathok must die, let him take many infidel with him."

He then moves to stand ready if the walls are breached...

@ about M,2 - I can heal from any range, and will aim to tackle anyone who gets through the first line of defences on the ground


Male Dwarf Rogue (scout) 4

Kjolmar will stand by Urrex, close but not so close that he is at risk of being trampled (at J3). He draws his dagger and prepares to fight this one out.


Kjolmar Greyhelm wrote:
Kjolmar will stand by Urrex, close but not so close that he is at risk of being trampled (at J3). He draws his dagger and prepares to fight this one out.

Orion stands near KJ. Hefting his club over his shoulder waiting for a chance to melee.


Male Human Soulbolt 4

Quodak will be positioned at Q9, ready to fire when needed.


Moredrel yells to the others:
"Urrax can handle himself. He says we should get the kids and old people out."

He then backs away from the gates to start shepherding others into the sewer escape route.


Male Dwarf Rogue (scout) 4

If I can hear Moredrel, or someone else in the collective can and relays Moredrel's message:

Kjolmar looks up to the dragon, drawing in his majestic form. He then moves to comply, assisting with herding the others into the sewers. Once everyone is in the sewers, he goes down himself, then tries to meet with the rest of the party and sort out where they're going.

If he can't hear Moredrel, and isn't alerted through the collective, he stays ready to fight.


Moredrel and Kjolmar begin running across the compound to gather the non-combatants and lead them into the sewers. Two of the dragonborn run up to reinforce the gate, and you can see others racing up onto the wall at various points.

However, they get only partway across the expansive grass of the compound before a green dragon of nearly equal size to Urrax swoops down from above and perches on the wall of the compound. Anastasius Urrax, as a traitor to your race and to your god, you and your... it begins to pronounce in a baleful voice. The pronouncement remains unfinished as Urrax leaps upwards and the two wyrms fall onto the top of the wall, sending cracks throughout the structure with the force of their combat.

As soon as Urrax's bulk is no longer pressed against the gate, one final blast of force blows the doors into a storm of splinters. Protect the women and children! Urrax shouts one final bit of advice as he engages the draconic arrival. No, we have to hold the gate to give them time to escape! replies the female dragonborn who is running towards you.

You can see flashes of magic and hear shouting from the walls at various points. It seems from the fighting that the dragonborn on the walls are fighting guards coming over the top.

Remember that it is still dark out, so everything counts as dim illumination.

MapMoredrel and Kjolmar are at this point about 60' off of the southern edge of the map.

If you stay and fight at the gate, you should probably roll initiative. You all get a surprise round if you do. If you continue with Kjolmar and Moredrel I will probably do some sort of modified chase encounter as you get everyone out of the compound. Or you can do both if you want, I guess.

Enjoy some thematic music as well!


Seeing the massive dragons fighting Orion looks down at his own hands. Realizing the futility of trying to help Orion decides to help with the escape.
" Lets get out of here."


Male Dwarf Rogue (scout) 4

Kjolmar, seeing the gate go, places himself firmly between the gate and the escaping civilians. He plans to do a fighting retreat, and shouts as much to the rest of the group through vocals and collective. "Let's get them out lads! Into the sewers after them!" He looks up to Urrex fighting ferociously on the wall, a twinge of guilt shooting through him as he realizes that he's abandoning the majestic dragon. However, he obeys Urrex's last command, keeping the women and children behind him as he faces the incoming forces.

If we can't get all the people out before engaging in combat, then I will engage in combat. If we get them all out before then, I'll go into the sewers, making sure to stay in the back of the group to protect the civilians.


Kjolmar Greyhelm wrote:

Kjolmar, seeing the gate go, places himself firmly between the gate and the escaping civilians. He plans to do a fighting retreat, and shouts as much to the rest of the group through vocals and collective. "Let's get them out lads! Into the sewers after them!" He looks up to Urrex fighting ferociously on the wall, a twinge of guilt shooting through him as he realizes that he's abandoning the majestic dragon. However, he obeys Urrex's last command, keeping the women and children behind him as he faces the incoming forces.

If we can't get all the people out before engaging in combat, then I will engage in combat. If we get them all out before then, I'll go into the sewers, making sure to stay in the back of the group to protect the civilians.

orion moves to stand with kjolmar


Male Human Soulbolt 4

Quodak stands well behind The resolute pair, directing those who haven't left yet towards the sewers. He will also take a Full-round action to manifest his Mind Bolt in Long-Range form. 100 ft range increment, 1d6 damage, no strength added. No hands necessary to operate Mind Bolt, not that he has anything else to do.

751 to 800 of 1,520 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Caleth's Bronze Age: An Inheritance of Dragons All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.