Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Caleth's Bronze Age: An Inheritance of Dragons (Inactive)

Game Master Saint Caleth

In an ancient world, a group of recently freed slaves join the fight against the tyrannical Dragon God, possibly to end his reign forever...


651 to 700 of 1,520 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

Belsarius' wounds seem to be closing themselves over the next few rounds. (previously cast infernal healing)


Assuming that you all head strieght back to the sewer after grabbing Belisarius..

Your healing has an effect, and after a short time, Belisarius regains consciousness on Orion's back. He still seems disoriented, either from blood loss or from the pain of his maimed hand. They are going to the compound. We need the badge to stop them. He says feebly, and limply raises his hand as if to point at something, although it is not clear exactly what he is doing.

If you do not stop immediately, he attempts to climb out of Orion's grip, but he is still too weak to manage it.

Perception DC 15:
He appears to be gesturing at the dead body of the half-dragon, and trying to get to the corpse.


Male Dwarf Rogue (scout) 4

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Kjolmar moves to the dead half-dragon and looks for a badge or brooch. He'll also take any other weapons the half-dragon had, beside the bow Erie took. If a glance doesn't show any other valuables, he'll leave.


Kjolmar:
You immediately notice that the half-dragon has an ornate badge pinning his cloak, bearing a stylized dragon head in gold and multicolored lacquer. His cloak seems to match the badge, made of thick black fabric with dragon scales embroidered across the shoulders in metallic thread of many colors. He does not seem to have any other weapons, as he likely relied on his claws and teeth in meele.


Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Edit:
When Belsarius struggles a bit Orion says to him "Easy Bel, we'll get you back on your feet in no time."


Male Dwarf Rogue (scout) 4

Kjolmar will take the cloak as well, as it might be useful later. He goes to Belisarius and shows him the badge, to calm him down. "Easy, we got the badge, don't worry now."


Belisarius shakily focuses on Kjolmar as he holds up the golden badge. Hopefully we won't need it. He manages to get out before the pain and shock overtake him again.


Male Dwarf Rogue (scout) 4

Kjolmar looks to the others and says, "It seems we need to get to the compound soon. Back the way we came, yeah?"


Male Human Soulbolt 4

"That would be the safest route."


Heading back into the sewers, you retrace your steps (I assume) back to Urrax's compound. All of the bodies and traces of combat are untouched since you passed by on your way away from the compound. After a few minutes, Belisarius feels strong enough to walk on his own, and follows you, cradling his left hand to his chest. You can see now that the first joint has been removed from each of the fingers on his hand, along with his entire little finger, presumably as some sort of torture at the hands of the guards who you rescued him from. Your healing magic has stopped the bleeding but not restored the absent digits.

Orion and Moredrel:
As you approach the sewer entrance to Urrax's Villa, you can hear unusual footsteps and crashing sounds coming from the cellar above as well as raised voices shouting.

DM Rolls:

Kjolmar:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Erie:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Quodak:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Krathok:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Orion:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Moredrel:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


"someone's coming!" Orion says in stern, but hushed tones.


Male Dwarf Rogue (scout) 4

Kjolmar looks around for the location where someone could be coming from, drawing his dagger just in case. He looks to Orion for direction.


Male Human Soulbolt 4

Quodak manifests his mind bolt, straining himself to hear any amount of movement.


Kjolmar Greyhelm wrote:
Kjolmar looks around for the location where someone could be coming from, drawing his dagger just in case. He looks to Orion for direction.

Orion motions.


Half-Orc Barbarian 1

Krathok draws his dagger and remains wary.


Male Dwarf Rogue (scout) 4

Kjolmar moves closer to wherever Orion motions, trying to keep quiet and listen carefully for something.

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11


Male Human Soulbolt 4

Quodak moves up as well, listening for anything out of the ordinary.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13


Since Orion has pointed it out, you can hear the sounds of stomping feet and raised voices coming from the cellar above you. You stand warily for a time, and the noises fade, as whoever it was making the sound presumably left the room. No one emerges from the trapdoor into the sewer where you are.

DM Rolls:

CLASSIFIED:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


Male Dwarf Rogue (scout) 4

If no one else makes a motion for the trapdoor once the sound has faded, Kjolmar will say as quietly as he can to his companions, "Wait here," and sneak upward into the cellar. He hopes his training in stealthy pursuit on the plains will help him to move silently in this setting as well.


Kjolmar:
There is no need for stealth as it turns out, as there is no one in the cellar. However you can see that the room has been thoroughly and unceremoniously searched, creates opened and shelves overturned. The door to the ground floor is open and you can hear an argument in progress. No matter that we cannot find evidence now. When your master returns, tell him that he is under censure until we find who among his slaves is the perpetrator of this atrocity. A matter of fact voice demands in draconic.


Male Dwarf Rogue (scout) 4

GM:
Kjolmar will approach the door and try to peer through it to see who's conversing on the other side, exposing as little of his body as he can to the open door.

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16 (not including any bonus for cover)


Kjolmar:
Peeking around the door, you can see a half-dragon, attired much like the one who you fought in the market speaking to Valerius, an old man who you know as Belisarius' second in command. Valerius is bleeding and on his knees before the half-dragon. With the pronouncement that you heard from the cellar, the half-dragon walks outside. The three guards accompanying him also turn to leave, sweeping their eyes around the room. One of them looks surprised and draws his sword. He looks straight at you and seems confused. You there, dwarf, where did you come from. The other two guards turn to see you, although the half, dragon does not turn around yet. At the sight of the drawn sword, panic spread through the group of dragonborn in the room, mainly non-combatants, and they start shoving their way outside, preventing the half-dragon from seeing exactly what is going on.

I did not expect them to notice you. This should be interesting.

Everyone Else:
You hear faint shouting coming from the rooms above, as if a great commotion were just beginning.

DM Rolls:

Guard 1:1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19
Guard 2:1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20
Guard 3:1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14


Half-Orc Barbarian 1

Kjolmar - don't forget that you can communicate with those below through the collective with telepathy...


Male Dwarf Rogue (scout) 4

Kjolmar shoots through the collective "Enemies up here; they spotted me!" and backs into the room. He readies an action to attack the first enemy to walk through the doorway.

I guess we should move to combat rounds.


Kjolmar Greyhelm wrote:

Kjolmar shoots through the collective "Enemies up here; they spotted me!" and backs into the room. He readies an action to attack the first enemies to walk through the doorway.

I guess we should move to combat rounds.

Orion bursts through the trap door readies himself for action.

I don't remember if I picked up the club or not. Just let me know either way and I can work with it.


Remember that there are two rooms. From the sewer you enter the cellar, which is about 30'x40' and is full of overturned boxes and shelves. Kjolmar is in the door of the ground floor which is a long narrow room. The enemies are in the ground floor room.

Initiative:
Moredrel
DM (Enemy)
Krathok
Erie
Orion
Quodak
Kjolmar
Belisarius

The combat is really happening in three different rooms right now, Kjolmar is in the Upper Room, Orion is in the Cellar and everyone else is in the Sewer. Please read the appropriate spoiler for the room you are in.

Upper Room:
Before Kjolmar can set himself in the door, the guard who spotted him charges at him around the people fleeing the room, followed closely by his fellows, all leaping on the dwarf to wrestle him to the ground, but the dwarf is too stocky to go down. Grapple failed, and Kjolmar, you get an AoO on one of the guards due to positioning. The half-dragon draws a wand and begins shoving his way against the people trying to get out, cracking one woman's head against the side of the door.

Cellar:
Before Kjolmar can set himself in the door, the guard who spotted him charges at him around the people fleeing the room, followed closely by his fellows, all leaping on the dwarf to wrestle him to the ground, but the dwarf is too stocky to go down.

Sewer:
You hear shouting and louder screams as a fight presumably starts in the rooms above. Orion leaps through the trapdoor in the Cellar.

Orion:
I don't think you picked up your club. I would assume that you would have except you were carrying Belisarius the whole way back through the sewers

Initiative Rolls:

DM 1:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
DM 2:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Kjolmar:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Quodak:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Erie:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Orion:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Moredrel:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Krathok:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

DM Rolls:

Guards Dogpile Grapple:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Male Dwarf Rogue (scout) 4

Upper Room:
AoO against the first guard to get to me: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Kjolmar stabs at the one he just made an AoO against.
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

He then moves backward into the cellar room, hoping to meet with his allies so they can assist him.

Any enemies threatening me get an AoO against AC 22 (due to Mobility).


Orion Runs to the men on Kjolmar, grows claws, and proceeds to tear into the closest one.

Claw 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 111d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Claw 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 181d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Male Dwarf Rogue (scout) 4

If that's what Orion is doing, I'll retcon my action and take out the movement into the cellar. Instead, I'd like to 5-foot adjust to be closer to a flank with Orion, if possible.


Half-Orc Barbarian 1

Knowing that the others would be of more use above, Krathok pauses.

Delay action until the end of the chain.


Moredrel will climb up into the cellar. What he does then depends on what he can see and what he has left for actions.
If there's an obvious enemy within 30', he'll use Misfortune on him.
Will DC 17


Male Human Soulbolt 4

Quodak, too, will climb into the cellar.


Just waiting on Erie.


Female Elf Scout 1/Fighter (Targeteer) 2

Erie will also climb into the cellar, drawing her greatbow as she goes.


Orion runs up the stairs in a great bound, his hands twisting into claws as he does so. He tears the throat out of one of the guards and then he and Kjolmar in concert bring down the second of the three soldiers.

Everyone else leaps up out of the cellar to join in the fight beginning in the cellar, including Belisarius, who looks around for some type of weapon once he emerges.

Moredrel's turn for R2, then DM

Sorry for not having the map for last round, some of the positioning which happened was technically impossible but I'll let it slide.Map
The map includes the cellar and a portion of the upper room. The upper room continues above the cellar but it is unlikely that the fight will wind up there.


Moredrel moves to the base of the stairs (G5) and hexes the guard with Misfortune.
Will Save DC 17


Who is that in E, -2?


Depending on DM answer to the above question Orion is either going to move to and attack the guy in E, -2 or the halfdragon. Whichever appears to be the greater threat.

Acrobatics to avoid AOO from guy in G0 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Claw attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 81d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


the person in E-2 is a friendly NPC

The one remaining guard staggers for a moment under a crushing invisible force. He hesitates for a moment before swinging at Kjolmar with his sword, and stabbing the dwarf in the side. (9 damage to Kjolmar)

The half-dragon moves into position, and with a flourish of his gloved hands a spray for flames rushes towards Kjolmar and Orion with callous disregard for the guard in the way, who manages to dodge most of the blast. (9 fire damage to Orion and Kjolmar (Ref DC 14 half) The conjured flame also lights a fire on the wooden stairs. Guards, to me. I have found them Shouts the half-dragon, presumably another group of guards attending him.

Valerius (the old man on the map) attempts to rise to his feet but the half-dragon lashes out with his claw and slashes the old man across the face, who miraculously manages to stand up defiantly.

Round 3 Map

Orion and Kjolmar:

You can see through the exterior door of the upper room (off the map) that the guards outside instead of obeying the half-dragon;s command are kneeling, presumably to someone outside who you cannot see.

DM Rolls:

Guard Will1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
CLASSIFIED:1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5
Guard Attk:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Guard Attk:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Guard Dmg:1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Spell Dmg:3d4 ⇒ (2, 3, 4) = 9
Guard Ref1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
CLASSIFIED:1d5 ⇒ 4
Half-dragon Attk:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Half-dragon Dmg:1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Orion takes a 5 foot step to G2 and casts a spell (Infernal healing).

Through the collective Orion thinks "I could use some healing."

He's at 8 of 26 HP and looks like hell.


Male Dwarf Rogue (scout) 4

@ Orion: Don't forget, you can make a Reflex save to reduce the damage of the fire.

Reflex against fire: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Yowch, that puts me at 3 hp out of 21. It figures I fumble Reflexes on every character that I play who has Evasion.

Kjolmar, now badly hurt, retreats backward into the cellar (to F4), clutching his bleeding side and looking quite haggard. He removes his shortsword from his side as he moves, and throws it to the ground near Belisarius, saying through the collective, "I'm badly hurt as well."

Should I make an Acrobatics check to avoid the fire on the stairs? If so:
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Ye dice gods, why have you betrayed me in my time of need?


Half-Orc Barbarian 1

Feeling the pain of Kjolmar scythe through the collective to his mind, Krathok bellows and pulls the pain away through the link.

Manifest Body Adjustment, channeling healing to Kjolmar 1d12 ⇒ 5 1/17 PP left.

Krathok then moves as quickly as he can towards where the fighting it, knowing that any further healing requires him to be in close range.


Male Dwarf Rogue (scout) 4

I suppose the healing will stop the fire of the stairs from knocking me unconscious. Good thing, otherwise I'd be laying in the fire cooking, and the dragons would be having roast dwarf for a teatime snack.


Don't worry Kjolmar, I'm not going to be that brutal. If you can get out of mundane flames before the end of your next turn you usually never take damage from them.


Ref save vs flames 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Edit: Make that 13/26 HP.

Orion adds on his turn,

"They're kneeling to somene outside. Should we fight or flee?"


Male Human Soulbolt 4

I'll move up to F3, and take a shot at the Half-dragon.

Attack:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Damage:1d10 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

I'm assuming that since I didn't say so, I haven't re-charged my psychic strike or Psionic focus? If I have, add 1 to the damage.


Male Dwarf Rogue (scout) 4

As Krathok's powers set about undoing the worst of the stab wound and burns, Kjolmar spits out, "Take the half-dragon, for it don't seem to be keen on stopping!" He figures it's probably a dragon they kneel to outside, and can only hope it's Urrex and not another.


Belisarius sees what is happening and runs into the fray (G5), scooping up the sword which Kjolmar has tossed him on the way. He waves his hand in the direction of the guard standing in the flames, barely managing to snap his newly foreshortened fingers. Stay and Burn! The guard sways on his feet for a moment and seems disoriented.

Waiting on Erie and Moredrel before DM 2 turn.

Spellcraft DC 15:
Belisarius has cast Daze

DM Rolls:

Spell Fail:1d100 ⇒ 15
CLASSIFIED:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
CLASSIFIED:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Guard Will:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Female Elf Scout 1/Fighter (Targeteer) 2

Erie will delay until further notice.


Orion Moves to the half dragon as he grits his teeth and gets a crazy look in his eyes taking a swipe at the half dragon

Raging Claw1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 131d4 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Temp HP: 3

651 to 700 of 1,520 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Caleth's Bronze Age: An Inheritance of Dragons All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.