Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM CH-P's CoT: The Bastards of Erebus

Game Master Are


4,801 to 4,850 of 10,990 << first < prev | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | next > last >>

Female Half-Orc Sorcerer, 7th (Brass Draconic Bloodline)

Semenya stands...a bit away from the edge of the platform. Not because she's afraid of falling, but because the thought of spiders falling into her hair is giving her more twitches than casually flicking droplets of molten gold off of her apron.

"Vahnwynne in life was a scourge on the vampires. If she is left in her undeath...it will be horrific for many. I pledge you some measure of service for this boon, if that service does not harm the people of Westcrown."

She peers out from the platform, looking out at the assembled people. "So many people acting out of desperation and hatred."


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

Appario looks around the clearing.

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19 Perception

"So this is Bloody Tarn, eh?"


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

Derek joins Appario in scouting out the area.
"One would guess so, and from Dog-tongues earlier display, we may have an idea of what they used to dye those pieces of cloth.
Charming place, don't you think Appario my friend?"

Despite the gruesome observation Derek just made, he seems remarkably relaxed.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25


Maddok, Semenya:

A loud cackle reverberates through the branches, and the voice stops whispering. Instead it seems to emanate from the branches and foliage surrounding the platform.

"Know you? Hah! Divinations are seldom that accurate! Just look at the gathering below. My divinations failed to see them coming. After all, one must ask the right questions to get the right answers!"

Another cackle follows, not quite as loud as the previous one.

"No, I do not know you. Only that a group would come at night, bringing with them a problem I could solve, while they in turn might hold the solution to an old problem of mine."

"Vampirism, hmm? Your spirit shaman is right. Such a ritual does exist. But it requires time, and my full attention. At the moment that attention is unfortunately required elsewhere."

The cackling begins again following Semenya's statement.

"Desperation and hatred, hah! Yes, very true. It seems the Drovenges have finally set their Council to the task of cutting down the last of the Flies, after all these years!"

***

Appario, Derek, Yahirma:

Noone can be seen outside, but during their scouting of the surroundings, Derek hears loud snoring coming from one of the larger shelters.


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12
Derek Keegan wrote:
"Charming place, don't you think Appario my friend?"

Appario smiles at Derek.

"C'mon Derek, think like a businessman! What is the opportunity here? Clearly they like their brews with a bit of red or blood. How can we use this knowledge to sell your brews here, Derek?"

Appario looks for a place to rest and wait for Maddok.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Maddok's spirit soars as the voice confirms what they had come for. He looks up towards Vahnwynne hopefully.

"If we were to aid you with those that siege your domain, you would help us? You would cure Vahnwynne?"

The big man is startled by the name drop.

"Drovenge? We know the name. Are they the ones behind this attack? Why do they seek your destruction and what Council are you speaking of?"

The Shoanti looks around realizing that he has more questions than he could hope for answers.


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

Derek considers Apparios query for a moment.
"Well, it tells us that we could probably do lucrative business if we chose to import and sell Braheg here, or even more if we distilled it ourselves.
...
But methinks they might prefer other blood to boars."

Derek indicates the large shelter.
"It's a fair guess the satyr is in that one; I can hear snoring from something large in there."

Stroking his chin for a moment, pulling a little at his trimmed goatee, Derek muses a little bit.
"Before you we had a man named Del in our party, I did not get to know him well, but he struck me as a deeply practical man, that is why he declined to join the gardeners in the first place.
If he had been here instead of you, he would probably have snuck in there and cut Silly whiskers throat.
You are a better partner in "crime" for a bard, more drama your way."


Female Changeling (Mauxi Mwangi) Mwangi Spiritualist 12

"And here I was about to suggest the inconspicuous approach and the deft incision. I would imagine that the redcaps would rally behind such a show of efficient brutality. Remember that the satyr will likely think the same thing once roused," Yahirma cautions as she glance among the huts.

Lo Lulu, it seems they dye more than their caps...

Considering the possibilities, she asks Dog Tongue, "Those are the caps of your brethren there? Were I to hold them as bargaining chips, would that merely enrage the redcaps, or would they be more willing to bargain?"


Maddok, Semenya:

Vahnwynne returns Maddok's look, hope filling her eyes as well. She doesn't speak, simply holds his eyes with her own as Maddok continues the discussion with the hag's voice.

"I can't perform the ritual with all of this noise and smoke and attempts to invade my home, hmm? Disposing of this siege would be in your best interest too, then, yes? My price for fulfilling your request will of course take any aid you provide into consideration!"

Cackles fill the air again.

"The Council of Thieves, of course! And why would thieves wish to dispose of an old crone like me? They seek to silence me! I know things, you see. Things they want to keep hidden, even from themselves!"

The cackles grow louder.

"It's a long story, and I wouldn't tell it now. Let us speak again when peace surrounds the Maggot Tree once more."

***

Appario, Derek, Yahirma:

Dog's Tongue at first seems not to comprehend what Yahirma is suggesting, but then he smiles broadly, wider than she would assume a creature of his size would be able to, and tries to stifle a laugh.

"None of my kin would leave their caps like this! You will find their caps on their heads, even while they sleep. These cloths are placed around the village to mark its boundaries, and to intimidate those who would come with unfriendly intentions."

He turns away, still grinning widely as he mutters to himself.

"Leaving their caps outside! What an absurd idea!"


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

Appario snorts at the Red Cap's 'humor'.

Where is Maddok? How long?

Appario does not wait patiently or comfortably for the smith and Semenya.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Maddok's voice becomes stern with resolve, "Than we will break this siege and set your mind at ease."

"The redcap mentioned allies that should have come to your aid, a clan of his kin and giant beetle. Do these creatures still live? If so, what can you tell us of them."


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

"Can we wait for the others to return? We may have out distanced the hounds, but they can still follow us by scent.
IF they are persistent, they may yet catch up to us."


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

"I'm bored, a little fight might take some of the edge off while we wait." Appario answers to Derek.


Female Half-Orc Sorcerer, 7th (Brass Draconic Bloodline)

"We have others - allies - that are waiting for us to return with news. Have you a way for me to send for them, or should I fly back to them?"


Appario, Derek, Yahirma: You spent around an hour walking through the forest to reach the Bloody Tarn, with the aid of Derek's spells. You'd estimate at least twice that time would be required for anyone walking without the aid of those spells, making the waiting time at least one hour, if not more, before Maddok, Semenya and Vahnwynne could theoretically arrive.

Also note that if you're waiting for the redcaps and the satyr to wake up, Vahnwynne would have to stay somewhere out of the sun's reach (and Maddok would likely stay with her).

***

"I've not heard of their deaths, so I must assume they live. The redcaps live on the shores of a red lake called the Bloody Tarn, near the southern edge of Hagwood. My Fmughwa rests in a cavern known as the Trollclaw Cleft, just beyond Hagwood's borders to the east. Dog's Tongue can lead you to both locations."

"Where do they wait? If you know their exact location, I could send a short message brought to that spot by the wind."


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

"They wait for us at the Bloody Tarn. A message would be appreciated. We should leave quickly while our enchantment still holds so we can avoid the forces below us again."

After looking around one last time for the source of the voice, Maddok picks up Vahnwynne once again and leads the trio towards the Redcap clan den.


The cackle fills the air again.

"Hah! The Bloody Tarn is a large place. That's not a very exact location at all. Messages sent on the wind can only be heard in a very small area, only about the size of the platform you stand on!"

When the small group is ready to leave, the lights once again show them the way, this time out of the tree.

***

Semenya's flight will only last about one minute after leaving the Maggot Tree; Maddok's a bit longer. That will be sufficient to get a few hundred feet into the forest, after which you'll have to settle for a two-hour or so trek through the forest. If you choose to expend another set of fly spells, the travelling time won't be reduced by much, but it could make it easier to evade any followers.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Semenya may disagree but it's sounding like it's going to be a long day and it would be best if we conserved her highest level spell slots. We'll take our chances on the ground for now.

Approximately how big is the Bloody Tarn. Would a teleporting Lantern Archon be able to find the camp fairly quickly?

Edit: Would horses cut down on the travel time significantly?


A teleporting lantern archon would have no problems finding the lake. However, a summoned lantern archon can't use its teleportation ability.

PRD, Summon Monster wrote:
A summoned monster cannot summon or otherwise conjure another creature, nor can it use any teleportation or planar travel abilities.

Horses would make the travel a little faster, if it was daylight. Since it's the middle of the night and the horses can't easily see where they're going, they'd likely be more of a liability than an aid.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Touche. You learn something new everyday.

Would mounts help or is the terrain too rough?

Edit: Bummer. We travel by foot then.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Oh, as these would be celestial horses. They would have darkvision. Would that be sufficient?


Sure. Each 6 minutes you're on horseback instead of on foot would be equivalent to 10 minutes of travel.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Okay, we'll start on foot but if it looks like we're being overwhelmed Maddok will summon some mounts.


Female Half-Orc Sorcerer, 7th (Brass Draconic Bloodline)

I agree that spell slot conservation is worthwhile - she's used 3 of her 5 3rd level slots already - she CAN recast Fly for herself and Maddok/Vanwhyne in a pinch if needed. Possibly even on the mounts, since that would look cool. :)

She's got 2/5 3rd, 6/7 2nd and 8/8 1st level slots left.


Female Changeling (Mauxi Mwangi) Mwangi Spiritualist 12

"If the hounds catch up to us, than they shall find two groups, not one. In fact, luring the threat to the satyr might just goad him into throwing his forces at the siege in retaliation." Yahirma lightly pushes Derek, saying "Uniting in the name of a common cause sounds dramatic. What do you say, oh Master of the Stage? Shall we attract some common conflict?"


A little over an hour after the first group arrived at the Bloody Tarn, Maddok, Semenya, and Vahnwynne come walking down the hill alongside the narrow creek, having spent just over two hours trodding through the southern reaches of Hagwood.

Nobody appears to have followed in the footsteps of either of the two groups, at least not past a half-mile or so beyond the boundaries of the army encampment. Vahnwynne's cunning and Semenya's alertness allowed the smaller group to bypass the predators and hazards of the forest during their trek.

The situation at the Blood Drinkers' village remains the same; nobody has been seen outside the shelters during the hour the first group has stayed there.

***

It's currently close to midnight.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Maddok is visibly relieved when he sees his friends are whole and unharmed.

"I trust you had little trouble evading the group that was pursuing you", Maddok asks the group. "We saw them from above, it was double in size the band we had fought earlier."

"We were not able to meet the Mother directly, but we did speak with her. She was sequestered somewhere, working her magic through her giant tree. It seems our fates are more connected than any of us knew. She says the Drovenges and some 'Council of Thieves' are the ones that sent this army, and that it was sent to silence her. She swore to tell us more about the ritual to cure Vahnwynne and about this 'Council' the Drovenges are involved with once we help her break the siege."

The big man looks around briefly, "You haven't met with the redcaps or their leader yet? We need to move quickly we're going to gather these forces and move to the Mother's defense."


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

Derek grins and strikes a dramatic pose.
"Why, what a wonderful idea! I am glad to see our little venture on the stage was not lost on my fellow comrades in arms."

For a moment Derek pauses and appears to be deep in thought, and then he suddenly snorts out a giggle and shakes his head.
"Ironic, for that plan to work, we actually have to hope they DID chose to pursue us instead of giving up once we got a real head start."


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

Appario has much he wants to ask here (Drovenges?), but my time is limited right now and will retro RP this later. Apologies.

Appario rests soundly until Maddok and company returns, his mind working to form questions from Maddoks report.


Three people are away at conventions this weekend. Since I'm not going to NPC three players in what is essentially a roleplaying / "deciding how to proceed" scenario, things will simply have to move along at their own pace for the time being.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

I'm waiting on a response to Maddok's last post.


Female Changeling (Mauxi Mwangi) Mwangi Spiritualist 12

"Our need of the Mother grows even greater, and time grows shorter. Let us awaken the camp and negotiate their aid," suggests Yahirma. "I bear not the fruit of the vine to make him more suggestible, but I can lead the discussion. If he prefers the more violent approach, though, I will need everyone to be ready to neutralize him and him alone."

I'm open to attempting negotiations very openly, but it may lead to the satyr rallying the redcaps against us. If anyone wants to sneak up, stick a knife to his throat, and persuade him more intensely, let me know.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Back from the convention!

Maddok nods in agreement with the Mauxi woman.

"A good plan, Yahirma. I'll stir the Redcaps. Be prepared, there's no telling why they have not answered the Mother's need yet."

The big man briefly asks for the spirit's protection.

Shield - 1d100 ⇒ 73

Once the party has had a moment to make any preparations they might need Maddok cups his hands around his mouth and bellows.

"Madjaw and Redcaps of the Bloody Tarn. Why do you sleep soundly while the Mother of the Hagwood seeks your aid."


Female Half-Orc Sorcerer, 7th (Brass Draconic Bloodline)

Semenya looks back towards the way the smoke hides the stars as Maddok wakes the village. She'll cast [Resist Energy - Fire] before entering the village.

When an opportunity presents, she will step into the circle of firelight, her jadeite screen and tattoes flickering in the shadows. She'll step step into the largest fire, and speak.

"You all live under the benefits of the Mother of Flies. She nurtures you, heals you when you're harmed, protects you."

Her voice grows stern, rising over the crackling of the flames that do nothing to her.

"And though she tended you when you were sick. mended you when you were hurt, and brokered your disputes...when she needs you, where are you? Snoring deeply in your hovels, trying to avoid the gaze of men with iron and fire."

"Your mother expects better of you."

1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30 Diplomacy (Add 1 to this if Intimidate seems more appropriate.)


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12
Maddok wrote:
"...cure Vahnwynne and about this 'Council' the Drovenges are involved with once we help her break the siege."

Appario looks visibly concerned as Maddok outlines what he knows of the 'enemy'.

"The Drovenges, eh? Interesting...especially because the elder Drovenge is supposed to be dead. The old man seemed nice to me, but I suppose faking one's death is a clever ruse to some. However, if the elder Drovenge's death is not faked, then I would expect this army to fade away soon enough."

I wonder what this 'Council of Thieves' is all about. Can I buy a seat?

Maddok wrote:
The big man looks around briefly, "You haven't met with the redcaps or their leader yet? We need to move quickly we're going to gather these forces and move to the Mother's defense."

"Ah no...we were waiting word about your safety. Seems silly to get others riled up when we waited to hear back from you and not knowing we might need to do to find you," Appario says.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Maddok nods in understanding at Appario's words, "It doesn't make any more sense to me. The sooner we drive these soldiers of fortune off the sooner we can get some answers."

Would Semenya mind hitting Maddok with Mage Armor?


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

"And if you did not come back? Our first duty would be to come search for you...not deal with these foresters."


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

"I appreciate the thought Appario, but it may be that there is more to all of this than Vahnwynne's curse", Maddok explains as he looks to the huntress. "The Drovenges have been connected to everything we've done for Westcrown since the beginning. This cannot be a coincidence."


Female Half-Orc Sorcerer, 7th (Brass Draconic Bloodline)

Semenya comes up to Maddok and casts a spell.

"You should be protected for a while."

Extended Mage Armor - you're covered for 14 hours

"As to the Drovenges...please do not let your affections blind you to the possibility that Chammady might be behind this. This organization is somewhat subtle. Please try to take some of the leadership of this group alive; I may need a day to recover my spells, but I'd be remiss if I didn't at least try to find out who they're working for, by persuasion, intimidation, or simply pulling it from their mind while Derek talks them into a stupor."


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

Appario laughs.

"Oh, I'm willing to believe the Drovenges were behind things, but that seems odd for the elder, but I've seen crazier things." Appario remembers the talking head of the devil and shudders. "Let us continue with what we know now and not put too much faith in the words of 'The Mother of Flies'."


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

The big man nods in agreement with Semenya's suggestion, "Taking their leader alive is a good idea. If Yahirma and Derek's magic cannot subdue him I'll try to do it by hand."


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

So she MAY have been our enemy from the start? Good thing we have not showed her our highquarter yet then.

Derek chuckles.
"If things comes to ahead fast, we may see a real "locked horns contest" in our near future."


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

Appario turns to Semenya.

"Affections? What do you mean when you say 'affections'?"


Shortly after Maddok begins bellowing in the midst of their village, several redcaps make their way out of the shelters, each rubbing sleep out of his eyes yet none without his signature red cap. Seeing the gathering assembled outside they halt in their steps, anger beginning to appear in their eyes in place of the now-forgotten sleep.

Semenya's words seem to have a calming effect, and those redcaps who notice Dog's Tongue among the group resort to taunting him in a language Derek recognizes as Aklo (although he's unable to understand the words).

Aklo:

"Come back to lick Madjaw's hooves, Dog's Tongue? It's what you were made for!"

Dog's Tongue's face grows yet more crimson as the taunts continue, but he seems able to contain his own fury for the time being.

One redcap runs towards the largest of the shelters.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Maddok watches the growing crowd of redcaps carefully, looking for any sign that they may turn hostile. The big man visibly relaxes when the sorceress' words calm them.

"Good work Semenya but what are they saying to enrage Dog's Tongue so badly?"


Female Changeling (Mauxi Mwangi) Mwangi Spiritualist 12

"Spoken well, Semenya," applauds Yahirma before turning to Dog Tongue. "Their jabs may sting for now, but imagine who will get to chortle when the Mother of Flies rewards her most faithful ally? A dollop of patience now will salve even the deepest wounds their tongue might inflict, and you might have a bit of ointment left over to throw in their eyes."


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

Appario keeps quiet during these talks, keeping a watchful eye on others, unsure about the alliances and motives of the parties involved.


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

Derek's keen ear for languages immediately pick up the ebb and flow of the crude and harsh language, and while he does not understand it now, it is a safe bet that in a little while his mind will have puzzled it out.
For a man like Derek, language is like music, and if there is one thing he has a talent for (besides drinking, wenching and making merry) it is anything that is even REMOTELY connected to the arts.

Derek leans in to Dog's Tongue and whispers.
"Feel free to respond in kind you know, if you want, I can help you craft some scathing replies."


The redcap that ran towards the largest shelter darts inside. Soon after, an angry creature with furry goat legs and ram horns, wielding a massive greataxe, turns aside the hide covering the shelter's entrance and comes outside with determined strides.

The creature roars as he sees the party, bellowing a challenge.

"Why are humans in my den? Leave now, or suffer the consequences!"

The assembled redcaps scamper out of his way, chatting excitedly with eachother as they take up positions between their shelters.

***

Knowledge (nature) DC 14:

This fey creature is a satyr. Debauched and hedonistic by nature, satyrs enjoy wine, music, and carnal delights, and are renowned smooth-talkers. Wooing unwary maidens and shepherd boys, satyrs often leave trails of awkward explanations and unplanned pregnancies in their wake.

Satyrs use their panpipes to great effect, and with their aid are able to weave a wide variety of melodic spells designed to enchant others and bring them in line with the satyr's desires.

Like most fey, satyrs are most easily damaged by cold iron weapons.


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Derek whispers to the others.
"If it comes to battle, Satyrs are harmed by cold iron weapons, like most fey in fact.
Also, if you see him begin to play a flute, don't let him."

He then turns towards the Satyr, unable to resist calling back.
"And what consequences would those be? Will you try and drink us to death? Or perhaps ask us to dance and then try to kill us by stubbing our toes with your ungainly hoofs?"

4,801 to 4,850 of 10,990 << first < prev | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM CH-P's CoT: The Bastards of Erebus All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.