Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM CH-P's CoT: The Bastards of Erebus

Game Master Are


301 to 350 of 10,826 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Cheliax

Janiven looks up at Derek. "That is a good point, but from what I saw in the sewers, that may not be much of a problem."


M Human ( Chelis ) Fighter 2

"On this i cannot make promises, i don't kill if i can avoid it, but in a melee it is usually me or him.And stay sure i'll defend myself and anyone under my responsibility by any means"


Female Half-Orc Sorcerer, 7th (Brass Draconic Bloodline)

"If they take up arms against us, they know the risks." She ponders a moment.

"Let our actions bring hope, as the spring brings new leaves. I propose that our costume - our uniform - be patterned in green, like the leaf-dappled cloth I saw at the market."

She grins faintly at Del, tusks showing, as he rolls his eyes at that. It's apparently an in joke.

"Liberty springs eternal. Much like hope. It is the cherished fruit of fools, and those who change the world." She lifts her cup. "Not that there's much difference, aye?"

She turns her gaze to Janiven. "If we are to take prisoners, we will need a place to store them. Or a way to turn them over to someone in the city. Have you thought of this? We cannot store them here. Traffic to and from would quickly expose this as a hiding place. We can't really let them go, either."


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 3

"Prisoners would most likely be too hard to manage anyhow, let us just make them unconcious with blade and spell, rescute yon Arael and disapear into the night while they wake up. We shall be like green ghosts of justice...say, "The phantoms of justice" sounds like a good name."


Male Human Rogue 1

A smirk forms at the corners of Del's mouth. "Are phantoms green? Perhaps we should be the 'Trolls of Justice'? Especially if we attack at the bridge." The smirk fades as a thought occurs to him. "Actually, the bridge might not be a bad idea. I'm not so sure about the effectiveness of caltrops on a horse, but oil on the bridge could drop a few of them into the river. Plus, it could be ignited if we need to strengthen the barrier between the carriage and the guard."

"Who would play the decoys, and who would perform the rescue? Also, it'll be hard to disguise the panther. Perhaps we could disguise him as a jaguar." The smirk returns.


Female Half-Orc Sorcerer, 7th (Brass Draconic Bloodline)

Semenya chuckles. "I was thinking we'd put a saddle on him. Our priest of the hero god can ride him, perhaps?"

"Though given the odds against our venture, perhaps leaf dappling is less appropriate than a fool's motley."

Glad to see you posting again, Del.

Cheliax

"The group I assembled at the tavern will perform the rescue while the others will draw the Hellknights on horseback away. As for the panther, I have no experience disguising a cat, so I am open to suggestions." Janiven gives a smirk. "Our caltrops are extra large, horse sized caltrops Del." She says with a laugh.

Amaya clears her throat. "May I suggests we wear hooded cloaks or helmets and maybe use some kind of mark, maybe a red handkerchief tied around our arms."

Ermolos speaks in his deep voice. "What about the Knights of Westcrown?" He suggests with a grin.

Janiven thinks about it for a second. "Maybe something a little less antagonistic. Perhaps the Children of Westcrown?"


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 3

"Hmmm, well children of Westcrown is not bad, but it may be a little TOO non antagonistic, we want to be taken seriously after all, being called children makes us easily dismissible, which can of course be an advantage at times...Hmm, maybe something that pokes fun at the powers that be, devil worshipers would not like...aha, "The saints of Westcrown" perhaps?"

Derek grins and scratches his head with a self-deprecating chuckle. "I must confess all that time on stage has left me with a taste for the dramatic...so the idea of setting something on fire appeals to me haha."

"Anyway, it seems like it will be me, Del, Semenya, Arodio and Eklektos that will do the actual jailbreak, Janiven will lead the diversion correct? We will be up against a Signifier of some kind and six men at arms. If I can get of a spell during the surprise I can drop up to four of the men at arms, but it is by no means a certainty. Signifiers are casters I believe, so his mind would be harder to influence, but on the other hand a bash on the head would be hard for him to defend against. Hmm...."

Derek scratches his head again. "I am not asking anyone to go out of their way to be a target, but we should still try to avoid killing, then again, bashing someone unconscious and then stabilizing him with a cantrip would work just as well."

Cheliax

Oops, I meant 10 total, so 9 armigers and one signifier.


Female Half-Orc Sorcerer, 7th (Brass Draconic Bloodline)

"I can be fairly...persuasive...with a spell or two. Also, I can keep a line of communication open for someone who's scoutng ahead."

"If push comes to shove...things can burn."


Male Aasimar Druid 2

Fingering the wayfinder in his belt pouch, Eklektos interjects, "What about the Ghosts of Delvehaven? Perhaps our troops could indicate themselves as having come from that lost home of the Pathfinders. It leads the officials away from this place, as well. Theron and I discovered a side entrance into Delvehaven. Perhaps we could find the appropriate attire inside with which to dress our troops."

As he looks at the map, Eklektos scratches Theron's ears. The big cat shuffles and then growls. "A thought. If the diversion group can step out and draw away the mounted Hellknight's while the carriage is on the bridge, then there is an easy way to trap the carriage in place. We prepare the place by filling a channel at one end of the bridge with oil. When our diversion group draws the mounted Hellknight's past the end of the bridge, we can light that channel and prevent their return. The carriage will have to retreat to the beginning of the bridge, where we will be waiting for them. Alternatively, we could trap them on the bridge by having another channel of oil prepared to set ablaze. That doesn't damage the bridge, and it keeps them trapped and immobile. Thoughts?"


Female Half-Orc Sorcerer, 7th (Brass Draconic Bloodline)

"Unless you've a spell to do the digging with, a trench wide enough and deep enough to hold enough oil to spook a horse will take a fair chunk of time to dig."

"I think we're going to have to trust the crew to draw off the mounted ones. I do like the Ghosts of Delvehaven. Another option might be the Justicars of Westcrown."


Male Aasimar Druid 2

"It wouldn't take much to spook them initially. If the trench were too large, they would probably notice it. I can think of a spell that would be able to do that kind of digging, but I would need more time to prepare. Perhaps there is another way to ensure that the two groups of Hellknights are separated from one another long enough for us to rescue Arael. An illusion, perhaps, or some other form of trickery?"


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 3

Derek gives a wide smile as he leans back on his chair and puts his hands behind his head, he is more than happy to listen in a little and only comment if necessary, after all, now that the talking has begun in earnest the true story can be told at last.

"Well, we have only say half a day to make preparations, so we cannot come up with an overcomplicated plan, I guess the best we can do is to go with the original plan as the script, but make a few "editorial" changes if we can think of something. The idea of timing the diversion when the carriage is on the bridge is good; it will make it harder for them to turn one way or the other."


M Human ( Chelis ) Fighter 2

"Am not a planning genius, just throw me in close quarter with two or three foes and i'll keep them occupied"

Cheliax

You only have about an hour for preparations. I will post a bridge map soon with coordinates so everyone can let me know where they want to hide.


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 3

"Oh, only one hour you say? That's hardly enough time for any grand schemes, I guess there is preciously little we can really do to alter the original plan then is there? I guess all we can really do is to decide on the location for the ambush, what we are going to call ourselves and what sort of uniforms we'll use."


Male Human Rogue 1

On the bridge map, is the carriage coming from left or right?

"There's not much time to get fancy with the plan, then. Do we want to hit them on the bridge or at the road? The bridge may be too obvious a point, and we don't have time to prepare it to our advantage."

"Could your spells knock out the horses? They may be a better target than the driver. If we put the driver to sleep, the horses might run wild."

Cheliax

The carriage is coming from the right. It is supposed to be East to West. I re-read my post above and I didn't mean to shoot down any of your ideas, I just wanted to make you aware of the time constraints on the rescue. Let me know for sure whether you want to use the road or bridge and I will have the map up today so everyone can let me know where they want to be placed.


Female Half-Orc Sorcerer, 7th (Brass Draconic Bloodline)

"Unless the horses can speak Orcish or Chelaxian, I can't do anything to them. Derek might be able to put them under."


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 3

Derek considers for a moment. "Well, I think it is possible, horses have less mental fortitude than an average human, but their size makes them harder to affect, I can affect as many as four common people with a sleep spell, and a normal horse would count as two people."

Cheliax

Janiven nods her head. "I think bringing the horses down is a good idea. They won't be able to move that carriage without them. The only risk I see of doing this at the bridge, is one of us falling in. Though not deadly, it would take precious time to get out and back up to the fight."


M Human ( Chelis ) Fighter 2

"You don't happen to have some weapons designed to hamper movement? Like throwing ropes with heavy objects tied at its extremities....Bolas or similar? If we have no time to dig a pit and we are not going to demolish the bridge, the only way to stop a running horse is to aim at its paws."


Male Aasimar Druid 2

"I do have one spell that can hamper movement. It might even be advisable to give the guards on the carriage a moment or two to jump to the ground first that they might be caught as well. It might be able to bind the carriage itself as well. The horses will certainly have a time of it. I might be able to prepare another spell that would calm the horses and render them less likely to bolt or fight. As long as we didn't attack them, they should stay put. I don't know what would happen if the guards tried to force the horses to move, however."

Settling back into his chair, Eklektos looks at Theron and then considers the bridge map. "We should move quickly if we are to be in place before they reach the bridge."

Cheliax

I don't want to assume, but is the bridge map agreed upon? I can have the map with coords up this evening if so.


Male Human Rogue 1

Del's okay with the bridge.


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 3

"Well, I don't want to step one anyone’s toes here, but for the sake of expediency, we will go with the bridge so we can move on now."


M Human ( Chelis ) Fighter 2

"Let's storm the bridge"


Female Half-Orc Sorcerer, 7th (Brass Draconic Bloodline)

"Agreed. Let's do the bridge."


Male Aasimar Druid 2

"Might be the more obvious target, but the bridge also has more opportunity in our favor than the open road."


Male Human Rogue 1

Del puts on his coat and picks up his hat from the chair he set it on.

"Jan, it was a nice speech, but I don't feel like this is my fight. Best of luck to you. Semenya, be careful out there. It was nice to meet the rest of you, as well. Personally, I need to find a job that pays."

Del sets a gold piece on the table. "I hope that'll pay for the dinner and breakfast." With that, he walks out the front door. He looks around to get his bearing, and then sets out up the street.


M Human ( Chelis ) Fighter 2

"Best of luck Del"


Male Aasimar Druid 2

"Perhaps we shall meet again some day. Good fortune on your journey."

Cheliax

>>>MAP<<<

Here is the map. Please give me the coordinates where you want to be placed.


M Human ( Chelis ) Fighter 2

Do we have info on the direction the carriage is coming from?

Cheliax

DM CH-P wrote:
The carriage is coming from the right. It is supposed to be East to West. I re-read my post above and I didn't mean to shoot down any of your ideas, I just wanted to make you aware of the time constraints on the rescue. Let me know for sure whether you want to use the road or bridge and I will have the map up today so everyone can let me know where they want to be placed.

Here you go.


M Human ( Chelis ) Fighter 2

Well, not that there are a lot of hiding places....there aren't any at all to tell the truth

The only spots that offer some cover are the two trees near the bridge on its right,Arodio will be in U6

Cheliax

Most of the rocks on the map will provide cover if you are prone, but the trees are a good idea.


Male Aasimar Druid 2

Theron will crouch in U23, waiting for Eklektos's spell to go off before attacking. Eklektos will be in I23. Once the mounted Hellknight's have left the main group and the carriage begins to try to turn around, he'll set off an Entangle spell centered on square M16. 40-ft-radius spread of entangling weeds and grasses, DC 14 Reflex save to avoid becoming entangled or to break free on a later turn. Only affects foes, and it will cover the entire bridge as well as a decent chunk of the space between the bridge and the mounted Hellknights.


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 3

Derek will occupy T7, ready to begin casting a sleep spell as soon as the trap is sprung.


Female Half-Orc Sorcerer, 7th (Brass Draconic Bloodline)

Semenya will be on the south bank of the river, under stealth. She'll be hiding behind the pilings in S23. She's going to hold her action until the results of the Sleep spell are know, with her crossbow loaded at her feet. In all likelihood, she's going to heed Del's advice - she's going to wait until people are decisively engaged before acting. No defensive spells, and pitiful offensive spells at this level. :)

Cheliax

We got hit by a bad ice storm with rolling blackouts and I have been watching my daughter, so I haven’t had much computer time the last few days. I will be picking back up very soon though.


M Human ( Chelis ) Fighter 2

That doesn't matter as long as you are fine,especially with such events


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 11

Appario will be hiding in X23 or X24 (preferably X23 if I think I can hide well enough as I want to be in combat within one movement). Appario will have his shield strapped, sap in hand, and wearing his darkest cloak. His holy symbol will be covered. Appario will not act until he sees others act for he is clearly the new man to this group, but once the ambush is enjoined, plans to rush an appropriate target at the first opportunity.

When the stage approaches he will detect evil both on the stage and whatever companions I can (60' cone), taking careful note of potential smite (admittedly sappy) targets. As Appario has not yet had time to suss out his conspirators in this ambush, we wishes to assure himself that he is working with those of charitable nature.

As I am new here, if you wish me to be placed elsewhere, I am happy to oblige.

Pre-Introduction:

As Appario crouches in the bushes, he reflects on just how he got here: a contract is a contract. Several of Westcrown Church of Abadar's clients are friends with Janiven and so when she called upon Appario to aid her with this delicate matter, Appario had only one question, "What is the pay?" To Appario, he would choose to embarrass the Cheliaxian government for free (it would be an honor), but his training from Abadar insists that remunerations be paid. Janiven promised a few coins, but more importantly, proper introductions and recommendations to a few other merchants. How could Appario refuse a chance for new leads and business?

So Appario sits, stealthing as he was trained, fingering his sap and recalling his brief introduction to his fellow ambushees.

The tall one...that half-orc...strangely beautiful. What was it she said about her whispering?

Ah, now that rakish human, the one with the feather, he seems like he could be useful. A man with that kind of magnetism and personality is bound to know things about this city. He seems very friendly, let's hope he can use that rapier he carries...let us hope he does not plan to talk the Hellknights into letting go their captive.

The big human (the one with flail), Appario has a hard time figuring out. He's very quiet. Appario is only sure that he doesn't want to end up on the receiving end of that flail and feels a measure of worry for the Hellknights who will be.

Appario has always been fond of cats and so immediately felt a natural kinship to the big black cat that seemed to follow the tall human, Eklektos? What that his name? Appario has heard stories of beasts who fight alongside man, but has seen that before. Appario makes a note to keep an eye for that.


Female Half-Orc Sorcerer, 7th (Brass Draconic Bloodline)

Semenya is taking cover behind the piling for the bridge, her crossbow loaded, her childhood in the Highlands serving her well. Her attention is so focused on the road, and not being seen, that she misses the newcomer.

She has Message cast and is in communication with Arodio to give him the most notice possible to get into position.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 Perception
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 Stealth

DM - if Appario was introduced to us prior to the ambush, I have managed to miss it. If he's here by the Strands of Fate and Party Unity, and we all know each other, correct me. Right now, I am assuming Semenya has not been introduced to Appario.


M Human ( Chelis ) Fighter 2

I'm waiting for the combat to begin


Okay, time to get this going again!

As Appario is a last-minute replacement and the mission required speed, Janiven has only briefly introduced you to eachother by name. Proper introductions would have had to wait.

To make sure everyone is on the same page as far as the plan: Do you want the carriage to make it onto the bridge before the other group creates their distraction to draw away the riding Hellknights?

Appario: X23/24 would put you on the same side of the tree as the carriage's approach (it will approach from the right side of the map and move towards the left). It would be hard to keep out of sight, but not impossible.

If everyone is happy with their placements, you can make Stealth checks to hide.


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 3

I think the idea was for the carriage to get onto the bridge, thus making it harder for them to turn it around, giving us some extra time. As for stealth, it would be good if the people with stealth training check the other peoples hiding before the carriage comes, helping them hide if they are too visible.

Stealth check:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 11

I think I confused my right and my left. I would like to hide in V23. If he has time, Appario would happily spot check his companions on their hiding.

Check to aid stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Appario's stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Female Half-Orc Sorcerer, 7th (Brass Draconic Bloodline)

Semenya is still planning largely on using the crossbow every round. She'll be Stealthing in V23 as well. She'll have her battle-axe ready in case someone runs up to her, to pick up after using Burning Hands on them.

Hopefully, it won't be necessary.

301 to 350 of 10,826 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM CH-P's CoT: The Bastards of Erebus All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.