Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM CH-P's CoT: The Bastards of Erebus

Game Master Are


151 to 200 of 10,986 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human Rogue 1

"Hellknights about 60' ahead of Semenya. Jan, is there another route we can take?"


M Human ( Chelis ) Fighter 2

"Yes, not eager to take on hellknights myself"


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

"Hmmm, slogging around in sewers...I would lay long odds that they are not "proper" Hellknights, they would probably send down recruits to do their dirty work...still I agree, we should avoid them if possible, and if not..Then we should ambush them."

Cheliax

Janiven thinks for a second. "The markers lead the only way I know. We could get lost taking a different way. I just don't see a way past them without a fight."


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

"So a fight it is, then we should fall back to the nearest intersection and set up an ambush as quickly as possible, we should wait for Semenya. I have a sleep spell that I can use to take some of them out of the fight; either that or we charge them now and try to take them by surprise before they are ready for us. Either way I think we need to rely on surprise to even the odds for us, suggestions anyone? We ambush them or charge? Or does anyone have anything better?"
Derek carefully draws his rapier as he speaks so he has a weapon ready.


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

"So a fight it is, then we should fall back to the nearest intersection and set up an ambush as quickly as possible, we should wait for Semenya. I have a sleep spell that I can use to take some of them out of the fight; either that or we charge them now and try to take them by surprise before they are ready for us. Either way I think we need to rely on surprise to even the odds for us, suggestions anyone? We ambush them or charge? Or does anyone have anything better?"
Derek carefully draws his rapier as he speaks so he has a weapon ready.

Seems the post eater is at work again


Female Half-Orc Sorcerer, 7th (Brass Draconic Bloodline)

Semenya keeps them under observation, and waits for news from Del.


Male Human Rogue 1

"If we must face them, we should take the fight to them. Every second we wait in ambush is more time for those on our tail to catch up." He looks back the way they came.


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

"Good point master Vane, and I agree with your assessment, I'd suggest we let Arodio take front as this is what he does, and then me so I can quickly get in range for the sleep spell, after that I think we will just have to "wing it" as the saying goes."

Derek looks around for any other suggestions being made, if none are forthcoming then he sets after Arodio.


Female Half-Orc Sorcerer, 7th (Brass Draconic Bloodline)

Del:
Is it worth it to leave any of them alive? If we're going to foment a rebellion, having the kin of people we've killed out for blood is probably a negative.


Male Human Rogue 1

Semenya:
"No other way around, according to Jan. How many are there? Derek says he can put some to sleep, but I don't know how many. Whether they live or die just depends on how quickly they get out of our way."


M Human ( Chelis ) Fighter 2

"If we must, we must. Have no issues with charging straight into them, a few second of surprise should give me the upper hand ; just look out to not include me in your sleeping stuff"

Of course Arodio keep his voice as quiet as possible, while reading the flail.


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

With a smirk and a wink at Arodio, Derek nods. "I shall endevour to avoid that master Ambusta."

Cheliax

Semenya

Spoiler:
You can hear the clanging of three Hellknights and see the glow oh their torch. The tunnel up ahead comes to a four-way intersection 40 feet from you and they are coming from your left.

Will have a map up for you in a little while.


Male Aasimar Druid 2

Coming up to the group, Eklektos hears what they are talking about. "There is something to be said for discretion as the better part of valor. Still, if we must fight, then we must fight. Theron and I are ready to do our part. I can call another ally, as well, to assist us in what we do and to sow confusion in their ranks. It wouldn't be vulnerable to your sleep spell, either. Let us know when you're ready." Theron, upon hearing his name, also pads up beside Eklektos.


M Human ( Chelis ) Fighter 2

"Del, can you ask Semenya if she can give us some enemies positions ?"


Female Half-Orc Sorcerer, 7th (Brass Draconic Bloodline)

Del:
Three of them, at a four way intersection about 40 feet away from me; I'm staying out of sight until you guys catch up. I'll have a Hypnosis spell ready if Keegan can't put them all under. They're up about 40 feet from me; you'll be able to see their torchlight as you close on my position.

When the surprise round begins, Semenya will start her Hypnotism spell. Derek can then do his Sleep spell (Semenya's Hypnosis spell is a standard action, Derek's sleep spell is a full round cast); with luck they'll all be asleep or fascinated or both before Arodio has to bust skulls.

Doing it in that order should make it likelier that all three of them fall under a spell.


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

"Very well, all seems ready, let us hasten to join mistress Semenya, let us strike them fast and hard, surprise them and then give them no chance to recover. We are still new to each other’s fighting styles, but we seem to have a general idea of what we can do."

Derek will advance next to Arodio if the terrain allows it, otherwise directly behind.


Male Human Rogue 1

"Three Hellknights, at a four way intersection about 40 feet away from Semenya. She's waiting for us to catch up. She'll try to hypnotize them if Keegan can't put them all asleep."

Semenya:
"They're not looking for the markers, are they? If it looks like they already know about the safehouse, we may as well take another exit.


Female Half-Orc Sorcerer, 7th (Brass Draconic Bloodline)

DM CH-P:
Semenya will look at the activities of the Hellknight trainees down the corridor - she'll stay a good 60 feet away from them (a torch or sunrod gives low light out to 40 feet so she should be safe). Is there anything they're looking for, based on their actions?


M Human ( Chelis ) Fighter 2

"Ready to roll, just give the signal"

Arodio slowly starts to close in with Semenya


Male Aasimar Druid 2

With a soft tongue-click to Theron, Eklektos moves into place just behind Arodio, spear at the ready. Theron will pad into place at his side if possible, preparatory to charging this new enemy. Both Eklektos's and Theron's eyes glow in readiness of what is to come, the man's with a touch of amethyst, the cat's with a hint of emerald.


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

I'm guessing we all move up to join Semenya then?

As the group moves up, Derek prepears to launch his sleep spell at the three hellknights, although he still hopes they are not as he put it before, "proper" Hellknights.

Cheliax

Sorry it's taking so long everyone. I'm going through some personal stuff right now. Hoping to have something up this evening.


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

Take your time man, no need to stress, I think we all know how life can get at times.


Male Aasimar Druid 2

Agreed. Had one of those spells not too long ago. Take as long as you need. It can get rough sometimes.


M Human ( Chelis ) Fighter 2

No need to apologize, take your time

Cheliax

As the Hellknights turn the corner they stop. "Which way now? It all looks the same." One exclaims while prodding the torch down each tunnel. "You ask us like we have any more information than you do. Just pick a direction and lets get this over with." One of the other Hellknights barks shoving the one in the lead a little.

They do not appear to know where they are going. You all have now moved up behind Semenya. Please roll HD affected and Rounds Semenya.


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

As soon as Semenya begins casting so will Derek, as it is a full round action, does this count as our surprise round action? Or does Derek has the chance to cast if fully before they react?


M Human ( Chelis ) Fighter 2

Can we roll for initiative or GM does in our stead?


Female Half-Orc Sorcerer, 7th (Brass Draconic Bloodline)

2d4 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4 Hit Dice Effected
2d4 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5 Rounds of Duration
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 Perception to find the way we're supposed to go in this intersection.

Will Save DC is 14.

Cheliax

Spoiler:
Semenya 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Del 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Arodio 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Derek 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Eklektos 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Theron 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Hellknights 1d20 ⇒ 18

Hellknight Will Saves against Hypnotism DC 14:
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16

Hellknight Will Saves against Sleep DC 14:
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

Initiatives:
Arodio
Semenya
Hellknights
Eklektos
Derek
Theron
Del

As Semenya lets loose her spell the second Hellknight stops in place standing at attention staring down the tunnel. Just as the other turn to see what is wrong with their companion, Derek's sleep spell overcomes them and they collapse to the floor unconscious.

For the sake of speed, I did both spells in the same post. Let me know what you would like to do now that they are incapacitated.


M Human ( Chelis ) Fighter 2

"Beside the fact it isn't very fun to win fights this way, i'm not going to crush skulls of helpless foes"

Arodio seems quite upset

"If someone wants to make sure they won't be following us we could tie them down...but killing them would be unfair"


Female Half-Orc Sorcerer, 7th (Brass Draconic Bloodline)

Semenya says, to the one who is still awake and fascinated, "These old sewers have lots of pockets of dead air - you heard footsteps running that way, turned to follow - and the bad air overcame your companions. You only just got them back to safety."

"You don't want to tell anyone that you saw us down here."

And with that, she holds her finger to her lips, points Derek at the symbol, nods, snuffs out their torches, makes sure that the one that's still awake is facing the incorrect direction, and waves the others to follow her. Quickly.

When the party has moved well past the group, she'll head forward as quickly as she can, tell Del (via Message) "If there's going to be a liberation movement, we want to be seen as the good guys. That probably means avoiding killing the people hired by the city - no point in killing them for trying to do their job."


Male Aasimar Druid 2

Eklektos stops for a moment to ensure that the two who collapsed don't drown in the sewage, then follows along behind the rest of the party, contemplating their actions. Theron pads silently beside him. He stays about 30 ft. back from the party, keeping watch behind them to see if the pursuit is met again, and attempting to cover their tracks as he does so.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Survival to cover tracks: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

Derek quickly covers up the mark with presdignation before hurrying along.
After the group is well out of earshot from the Hell knights, Derek chuckles and gives a wry smile.

"They always said that Cayden Caelian favored bold actions, and would say we have the favor of the lucky drunk himself considering how well things have been going."

Sheathing his rapier just in case he falls or something similar Derek grins.

"Sparing the lives of those Hell knights seems like a good idea, I don't mind fighting or even killing when needed, but I prefer to not do it in cold blood against helpless people who needn’t be our enemies in the first place."


Male Human Rogue 1

"Good job with the spells, you two. We haven't slowed down a bit. And good idea on the cover story, Semenya. Our identities should be safe still."


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

"Indeed master Vane, though I will point out I can only do that spell once more today, none if I am called upon to heal, but as master Apofysi has not done so yet I think we can probably save my healing for emergencies. Let's hope we won't run into any more trouble until we find the safe house."

After a few more steps Derek muses out loud, not directed at anyone particular.

"They say a hero's merits can be based on the quality of his foes, as such we are but juniors indeed ha-ha, goblins and Hell knight recruits...hardly the stuff of legends as of yet."


M Human ( Chelis ) Fighter 2

"Bu****it!!! I want to enjoy a good victory. I don't care if my foe was so strong that i'm remembered like a most honorable and valuable man....i'm dead anyway. Of course i enjoy fair fights, i won't tackle with weaker opponents just so to be able to say i always win ; THAT would be cowardice"


Male Aasimar Druid 2

Eklektos, hearing the conversation from up ahead, merely shakes his head. At his side, Theron snorts. They continue to pace each other through the darkness, following the small point of light through the sewers and doing what they can to cover the tracks left by the others.


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

Realizing that perhaps not EVERYONE shares his own ideas and ideals about what is epic and not, or indeed even wanting to be epic, Derek simply chuckles and resolves to try and "convert" them to his own thinking at a more opportune time.

Cheliax

Sorry again guys. Moving on in a little bit, gotta type something up.

Cheliax

Semenya

Spoiler:
The marker at the next intersection is spotted easily by your keen eyes. As you move through the next tunnel you spot an old rusty tower shield shoved close to the stone wall.

Eklektos

Spoiler:
Keeping an eye out behind you, nothing has appeared out of the norm. When you turn back toward the group you hear a soft splash in the sewage behind you. As you look back you can see ripples in the cloudy water.


M Human ( Chelis ) Fighter 2

Welcome back CH-P

Cheliax

Arodio Ambusta wrote:
Welcome back CH-P

Thanks. Sorry for the absence. Crazy holidays and crazy work. Hopefully it's over for now, till Christmas.


Male Aasimar Druid 2

DM:
Eklektos stops suddenly, letting out a sharp, but quiet, whistle (aiming to be heard by the nearest members of the group, but not much farther if possible). Theron, hearing the whistle, stops as well. Eklektos walks to approximately where whatever it was entered the water and begins probing with his spear, ready to stab the thing if it proves hostile or to try and blind it if necessary. Theron watches tensely from across the sewer, ready to spring if something chooses to attack his companion.

Both Eklektos and Theron are holding actions. If the thing proves hostile, Eklektos will attempt to stab with the spear if he can, otherwise use his Daylight spell-like ability to try and blind it. Theron, if whatever it is proves hostile, will charge it. Relevant attack rolls if necessary:

Spear thrust: 1d20 ⇒ 2 for 1d8 ⇒ 4
Charging Panther: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 for 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

If the thing is not immediately hostile, they'll both keep the held actions ready, but try and determine who/what it is and what its intentions are.


Female Half-Orc Sorcerer, 7th (Brass Draconic Bloodline)

DM:
Semenya will examine the rusty shield, and the wall it's next to. The odds that something like this wouldn't be disturbed by sewer goblins seems rather low to her.

She'll pass any results she has back to Del.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 Perception


Male Mazinger-type Fan of Go Nagai level 38

WTF ? i keep opening Semenya's last post and the thread keeps telling me there is a new post, and it is always the last post of Semenya

Added:And now it disappeared O_0 !!!! Did Semenya cancelled it ?


Female Half-Orc Sorcerer, 7th (Brass Draconic Bloodline)

DM:

Semenya examines the tower shield, and the wall behind it - looking for any indication of a door. It is highly unlikely that this much metal would be left undisturbed by the sewer goblins.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 Perception

She'll relay what she finds to Del - but she's almost certainly too far forward to hear Eklektos' whistle. She'd notice the Daylight ability, though, if it gets used.


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

Happily walking along as he composes a short ballad of what has been happening so far he is not likely to notice anything right away, and as such he'll probably bump into the person right in front of him as the group stops.

"Oh, what's going on?"

151 to 200 of 10,986 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM CH-P's CoT: The Bastards of Erebus All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.