Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM CH-P's CoT: The Bastards of Erebus

Game Master Are


8,351 to 8,400 of 10,990 << first < prev | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | 172 | 173 | next > last >>

Male Chelish Arcane Caster 12 HP: 123/123(+11) AC: 30 FF: 23, Touch: 22 F:+16, R:+12, W:+19 Perception:+18(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4, False Life, Freedom of Movement, Remove Fear, Resist Energy

29th of Arodus

Xerath eyes the weapon calculatingly. He takes it into his hands, whirling it about as if to test its balance. "Thank you. I did not think I would find myself a user of such a weapon, but it feels like an extension of myself. Like I was meant to wield Judgement's Hand."


Since we're on a new page, I figure it might be wise to link to the posts that will be relevant for Yahirma :)

Guxer Ciucci's response

Maddok leaving

Happenings in Maddok's absence


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

29th of Arodus

Those spirits have taken a liking to him. I've chosen well.

"Wield it well", Maddok says with a nod.

"We have defeated the shadows but Westcrown will never be safe as long as Eccardian lives. The greatest of our battles are still ahead of us."


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 12 HP: 123/123(+11) AC: 30 FF: 23, Touch: 22 F:+16, R:+12, W:+19 Perception:+18(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4, False Life, Freedom of Movement, Remove Fear, Resist Energy

"I will. We have a lot to do still. Eccardian owes for what he's done to this city and I do not forget debts. He will pay."

Money deducted for said weapon.


Changing the date for this timeline as per PMs

***

6th of Arodus - In Hagwood - Maddok:

Flying through the fresh air of morning, with only fishing boats for company far below him, Maddok makes good time towards Hagwood upon the magical carpet. After a few hours of first flying above the slow-moving waters of the Adivian River, then above the tall trees of Hagwood, he sees the clearing surrounding the Maggot Tree below.

Descending, he finds the clearing deserted apart from a tent set up only a few hundred feet from the massive tree. A cookfire has been set up close to the tent, and the satyr Madjaw has set up a pot hanging above it. Noticing the newcomer, Madjaw springs to his feet. "Ho there! Who comes to the Maggot Tree?"

Once Maddok is closer, Madjaw visibly relaxes. "Ah, it's you! Have you brought my woman?"


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

Appario looks at the Paralictor as he walks.

"Some of what you'll want to know are things that I cannot give you, Paralictor. The events that lead to the defeat of the vampire is valuable information...and because it has value, I cannot give it away. Tis a matter of faith, you understand."

Appario keeps walking, feeling safe and secure in his City, hoping that soon the citizens will also feel it.

"I did not work alone, but do not wish to detail the team that helped me with this. Many names are involved the vampire's web, but again, that information is valuable. I can arrange a meeting with the Head Banker if you wish to purchase it. But I suspect you might see the reverberations of our actions on the streets. It might be cheaper to use your resources to find those answers another way."


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

6th of Arodus - In Hagwood

Maddok rolls up the carpet and regards the satyr with a nod.

"I'm afraid not. Why are you camped down here? Has there been more trouble with those mercenaries?"

The big Shoanti looks up at the top of the Maggot Tree, "Any word from the Mother yet this morning?"

Yahirma has been a bit busy thus far today. He mentioned trying to post in a little while. Also, he mentioned a potential message Yahirma would like passed on to Madjaw.


2nd of Arodus - Walking with the Paralictor - Appario:

The Hellknight frowns.

"I know Abadar is fond of gold, but even so.. You said you hoped all the strands of the web had been broken. What if your hope is misplaced, and the information you withhold could be vital in the hands of our Order? Do you put a price on Westcrown's safety?"

He stops for a moment, steely eyes once more looking into Appario's.

"Look. I understand your desire to keep hidden the names of your accomplices. Recent weeks have produced several reports of citizens defying the curfew and hunting down some of these shadowbeasts, and I assume it's no coincidence that your success comes at the heels of those reports. But I promise you this: The Order of the Rack will not unduly punish any who had a hand in the curse being broken for lesser crimes committed in the process."

He pauses, starting to walk again. "Fines must be paid, of course. We cannot abide lawlessness. One beholden to Abadar's teachings must realize that."


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

Appario smiles in response.

"Of course. We should promote and ensure the safety of civilization and I commend you on your efforts in this matter. Truly, the Church does support banding together to ensure common safety. If you can find laws that deny citizens the rights to defend themselves against threats against them, I suggest you follow up on that. Thankfully, the curfew may no longer be necessary as the threats has ended. I look forward to a thoughtful review of it being necessary after the information I have delivered to you."


6th of Arodus - In Hagwood - Maddok:

The satyr looks disappointed at Yahirma's no-show. "The mercenaries have not been back, but who's to say they will stay away? The Mother bade me keep watch, as her ability to defend her realm would be diminished by this ritual."

Madjaw looks up at the huge branches, then to the ground closer to the massive tree's trunk. "See for yourself. These branches used to teem with life, but now the carcasses of thousandfold flies and spiders lie beneath them. I fear the Mother may never recover fully from this exertion."

He shakes his head to Maddok's last question. "I have heard nothing this morning, but fear not. The Mother knows you have come. She sees everything beneath the canopy of the Maggot Tree."


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

6th of Arodus - In Hagwood

Maddok looks at the mass of dead insects and then up again. The hag had seemed against the idea of a man inside her sanctum previously. He would be a gracious guest and wait.

"What of the Redcaps of the Bloody Tarn? I trust you are still their chieftain."


2nd of Arodus - Walking with the Paralictor - Appario:

"Yes, the necessity of the curfew may be at an end, and it has never been among the laws providing gold for the Mayor's coffers. As you may have noticed, those citizens were not arrested or fined for their defiance of the curfew. I mentioned them only because experience has shown me that those who defy a curfew may also find it easy to defy other laws. I believe you may have misunderstood my position. I offer fines, in place of harsher penance, for any lesser crime committed in the process of ridding Westcrown of this curse."

He smiles. "On a principal point, however, if you would indulge me. Even should a law be struck from existence today, justice must still be served those who broke that law yesterday. Do you disagree?"

Not waiting long for an answer, the Paralictor moves on.

"But all of that is a minor matter. You evaded the more important question, concerning the names involved with the vampire's web. Would you have me pay gold for those names, when withholding them may cause Westcrown's citizens even more anguish?"


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12
DM Are wrote:
He smiles. "On a principal point, however, if you would indulge me. Even should a law be struck from existence today, justice must still be served those who broke that law yesterday. Do you disagree?"

Appario lets it go.

I hope I don't have to hold you to that.

DM Are wrote:
"You evaded the more important question, concerning the names involved with the vampire's web. Would you have me pay gold for those names, when withholding them may cause Westcrown's citizens even more anguish?"

Appario seems affronted.

"You think I could give them to you? Oh no. That is the Church's call now. They may or may not deem to give them to you for a copper or for more, but that is a matter for the Head Banker. I would let him decide religious matters like this. That is what he is paid for."


The Paralictor stops, holding out a hand.

"Very well. It seems I will learn no more without speaking with the Head Banker himself. If you meet with him, let him know he can expect a visit within the week."

After Appario shakes his hand (or if he chooses not to), the Paralictor turns and begins the return journey to the Hellknight garrison.

Sense Motive DC 20:

The Paralictor seems disappointed at the lack of any substance in Appario's answers, yet determined to find out more.


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

Appario shakes the man's hand.

"Of course, Paralictor. I look forward to the new age of prosperity brought about by a secure and safe Westcrown."

Appario really does look forward to that.

Need at Nat 20 to get that...

1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15 Sense Motive


6th of Arodus - In Hagwood - Maddok:

The satyr gives a hearty laugh. "They elected to follow Dog's Tongue, if you can believe it. It is of no concern to Madjaw. He will soon have a new tribe, even if he must make one himself!"

***

I'll hold off on the actual reunion until Yahirma posts; if there's a note for Madjaw from Yahirma, I think it would be best if it's handed over pre-reunion, as that would give Madjaw the chance to write a reply.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Sounds good.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Maddok glances up again at the tree and then down at his present company.

"Why were you leading the Redcaps to begin with? All the tales I've ever heard of Satyrs said they were mighty lovers and tricksters but never warrior-chieftains. Did the Mother bring you to the Hagwood?"

I don't recall Madjaw's description. Is he visually different from what you'd expect of a satyr?


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

Appario returns to the safehouse, whistling, and trying to plan how he is going to spend his finder's fee for the sale of the information to the Hellknights.

How much will it sell for? What should my cut be?

Appario will spend the night auditing his ledger to make sure things are accurate.

I'll ponder another avenue of RP soon enough, but if anyone needs a bored merchant prince-to-be please mention so.


6th of Arodus - In Hagwood - Maddok:

Madjaw is slightly more feral (as opposed to handsome) in appearance than most satyrs, and wields a big greataxe instead of the more common dagger.

***

"Hah!" Madjaw bursts into laughter once more. "Even mighty lovers need someone to handle tasks they have no interest in, like fishing, setting traps, and cleaning huts!"

The satyr smiles viciously. "Besides, victory in bloody combat is much more worthwhile when one has an audience!"

He sends a brief look towards the pot over the fire, deliberating whether to show weakness by stoking the fire and checking on the pot. "No, I came to Hagwood in search of foes more suitable for my own prowess than those I left behind. Sadly, there were few. You would have made for a fine opponent, I think!"


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

6th of Arodus - In Hagwood

Maddok answers with a laugh of his own, He could have easily been a member of the Shadde-Quah in another life.

"A worthy ally is just as valuable as a worthy opponent", the big Shoanti replies. "And just because we are allies does not mean we cannot test each other's strength."

Maddok looks up again for a sign from the Mother.

"Or perhaps you'd like to test his your strength again Shu-Ak’eh-Di?"


"You are right, and Madjaw would welcome the challenge! But," the satyr sighs wistfully, "It must wait until the Mother no longer has need of my watchful eyes."


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Alright Are, go to bed!

Maddok nods, "You are a vigilante protector. The Mother is lucky to have your service."


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

I wonder if Livia...no, bless her little heart, she wouldn't last a day. Too focused a task for her mind.

"Excellent, I'll begin looking for a likely prospect in the morning. In the meantime, do you have any jewellery fashioned in a Tian style by any chance?"


Female Changeling (Mauxi Mwangi) Mwangi Spiritualist 12

Bit of a weekend hiatus

Yahirma's message is merely a reminder to remain vigilant. Though Westcrown now appears safer, it is likely that — like a mother who has let her cubs hunt alone — the disappearance of the previous threat will soon be noticed by the more powerful force that established it in the first place.

At the Ciucci manor

Yahirma glances with some concern at the growing audience. "Dismissal is but one option, sir. Spirits can be coaxed to stay longer, too, and I have the capacity to request their approach to speak with those still living," she responds to the paranoid defense of Guxer.

Diplomacy, drawing upon Yahirma's experience with calming Khazrae: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (15) + 17 = 32

"I'm looking to provide the master of the house some help," she adds in a quiet aside to the recently arrived servant.

Stay out of my head, rakshasas!
Anti-rakshasa Will save: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

6th of Arodus - In Hagwood

"She did have one thing she wanted me to tell you", the Shoanti says.

Maddok proceeds to relay Yahirma's message.

I'm not sure what that's going to do to assuage his passions, lol.


2nd of Arodus - Ciucci residence - Yahirma:

Guxer's response is far from immediate, and it almost seems as if he's not going to reply, when his voice is finally heard again. "Some times she stays long, accusing me of allowing my brother to kill her, and some times she's only there for moments, just looking at me with those terrible dead eyes, and leaving me despairing to see her again. And some times she just stands by my bed for hours, saying nothing, while I long to hear her voice."

He begins crying, although softly. "If you can make her stay longer every time, come in and do what you can. But only if you promise, promise, not to deprive me of her visits!"

The maid continues lingering, content to watch without interfering.

***

I'll leave it up to Yahirma to decide if she proceeds before Maddok returns, or if she waits until he's present again.


6th of Arodus - In Hagwood - Maddok:

Madjaw looks thoroughly confused by the relayed words, as if expecting a very different kind of message. He returns to stoking his fire and tending to his pot, brows furrowed in thought. At one point he suddenly stands up, resolve on his face, and he strides into his tent.

Emerging a few minutes later, the satyr hands Maddok a folded note. "Give her this!"

The note reads:

Woman! Madjaw grows impatient! He longs to tear the clothes from your body and thrust himself inside you! When will you come?

***

Not particularly subtle, but subtlety isn't one of his strong suits :)


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

6th of Arodus - In Hagwood

LOL, nope.

Maddok, confused by the gesture, takes the offered note and stows it.

"I will be certain she gets it."


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

Appario sleeps a good sleep and wakes to dreaming about how he is to build his merchant kingdom. Those dreams are short lived as he remembers that there are still stolen goods to return that take precedence over his current fantasies.

I should pay a visit to M'Lady Chammady.

Appario will begin to sort through the art objects and the like and make preparations to return them to their proper owners (when they can be found).

What needs to be done, Are?


6th of Arodus - In Hagwood - Maddok:

The first rays of the morning sun begin shining through the Maggot Tree's massive canopy into the clearing, and at the same time its branches finally show signs of life. They begin waving sluggishly back and forth, as if waking from a long slumber. Moments later, a translucent door slices the air only a few feet from Maddok, revealing the inside of the Mother's sanctum in a scene eerily similar to when Maddok last saw Vahnwynne.

Unlike that time, however, Vahnwynne is within the sanctum and looking out. With eyes full of trepidation, she carefully prods into the few rays of sunlight coming through the canopy with one foot, allowing it to linger when no harm befalls her. She takes another step, fully emerging from the Mother's above, before throwing herself laughing into Maddok's waiting arms.

"The sun is shining, and I'm outside! I didn't dare believe this day would come! Love of my Life, take me to where I can see it rise, with no trees to block my view!"

Following Vahnwynne out the translucent door is a shrivelled old hag, appearing more like a walking corpse than as a living being. Even the flies and maggots covering the Mother are dying, and they fall off her body in droves of withered husks as she slowly, painstakingly, takes the few steps necessary to bring her close to Maddok.

Only granting the reunited pair a few moments before intervening, she stretches out a gnarled hand to clasp Maddok's shoulder, her sharp claws biting painfully into it. The Mother stretches her creaking neck to speak directly into Maddok's ear, her voice insistent. "Remember our deal."

Having delivered her message, the old hag releases his shoulder and returns to her sanctum, the door slicing shut and vanishing in her wake.


Appario Lind wrote:

Appario will begin to sort through the art objects and the like and make preparations to return them to their proper owners (when they can be found).

What needs to be done, Are?

Over the course of a month or so, Appario will be able to locate the owners through various avenues (possibly with the help of Derek or some of the Gardeners) and return the appropriate art objects to them; the reward averages to 20% of their combined value.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

"I will not forget what you have done", the Shoanti calls out to the retreating hag. "Eccardian will fall for what he's done to you and your sisters; for what he's done to Westcrown."

Maddok cannot help but feel a pang of guilt. How much had the ritual and Vahnwynne's life cost the Mother of the Hagwood? Would she ever be whole again? The possibility that he'd sacrificed another for the life of the woman he loved weighed on him, or at least it would have if his heart wasn't close to bursting with joy.

The big Shoanti unfurled the enchanted carpet again and scooped up Vahnwynne. He took a moment to exult in her scent and the warmth of her flesh against his own and then stepped onto the carpet. With a heavy breath, he recited the command words and willed the carpet to take the two of them as high and as fast as its magics would allow.


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 12 HP: 123/123(+11) AC: 30 FF: 23, Touch: 22 F:+16, R:+12, W:+19 Perception:+18(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4, False Life, Freedom of Movement, Remove Fear, Resist Energy
Xerath wrote:

Xerath decides to keep vigilance in training the little imp for the next few days. Frustration builds due to the lack of progress, but he ensures Livia that all the training would be worth it. He keeps himself motivated by the thought of seeing what different spells she could learn. Somewhere around midday, he decides that it was time to visit Yahirma.

Reposting since it looks to be lost in the shuffle.

5th Day of Arodus

Xerath makes his way into Delvehaven in search of the Mwangi Spiritualist. Seeing her distracted by another pet project, he clears his throat rather loudly. After he's gotten her attention, he speaks.

"I have a rather peculiar request, if you would oblige me. You see, during our first trip to Walcourt, both Derek and I fell victim to the foe known as gravity. While down in the pit, I offered to heal Derek provided he get away from me. I had intended to bandage his wounds but, before I could, he was healed. It was obviously magical, but I don't know how it happened. I somehow know I did it, but I've never magically healed anyone before. I thought I knew all of my capabilities, but apparently I don't. Would you be willing to help me find out what that was and how I did it? Of all the Garderners, you've always seemed the most magically adept and you're always interested in magical oddities..."


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

No Tian Jewellery then?

She'll do, now how to get Apparios interest? No, that's the easy bit...there is gold to be made here. The hard part is trying to get the notion of romance into his thick skull.
I may need a VERY big hammer and a metal spike for this...
What a shame they have not invented some sort of rotary device to which you could fasten a chain of jagged metal teeth that spins at high velocity around the thin metal arm, thus allowing you to "saw" through stubborn material...ah well.


Derek:

Missed that :)

Gladys quickly shifts her mind from dreams of expansion, back to being the saleswoman. "Tian jewelry? I don't have much in that style, I'm afraid, but I do have a few pieces. Come over here." She leads Derek to a small display case, where several pieces of eastern-looking jewelry lie on velvet drapes. "Do any of these serve?"


6th of Arodus - Above Hagwood - Maddok:

Vahnwynne wraps her arms tightly around Maddok's chest as the carpet lifts them up, through the canopy, and into the rising morning sun above Hagwood. As the sunlight bathes her face, she arches her back and laughs ecstatically into the sun, nearly releasing her grip around him.

As soon as the carpet levels out, she turns Maddok's face towards her own and kisses him with a fervor that leaves no uncertainty in regards to what she wants.


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

It does not take many moments for Dereks attention to hone in on a small, gem encrusted brooch in the shape of a heron on the wing.
"Oh, that one there! That's just the thing I ahd in mind, might I be so crass as to enquire about the cost?"

Amaya deserves a token of appreciation, and I remember how well she liked the Tian wine.

Stroking his goatee softly, Derek considers where he should head next, he ad a lot of errands to run today, and this one was only the first on his list.

She wants Maddoks blooood! No wait, she's not a Vampire anymore, still might involve bodily fluids though.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

6th of Arodus - Above Hagwood:

Wanting the same, Maddok happily obliges. The trip home back to Westcrown would undoubtedly be too short.

Mile-high club anyone? =P


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

8th of Arodus - Westcrown:

Maddok stepped out into the midafternoon sunlight clad only in his breechcloth. He was sore and his powerful body was heavy with fatigue but he felt good and he was happy in a way words could not express. He took one last look behind him at the peacefully sleeping living beauty, nestled in the pile of furs that was his bedding, before closing the door behind him.

The big Shoanti greeted his apprentice with a silent nod and paused to examine some of the work that he’d done over the past few days. Rizzardo did his best to focus on his current task and hide his grin. It had been two days since his master had come home with his ladylove and neither of them had left the single room living space attached to the smithy since. More than a few passersby had stopped to ask if the pounding and moaning that could be heard was a product of the smithy. Rizzardo had done his best to lie.

Maddok put the freshly minted blade down and cleared his throat.

”This is fine work. You honor us both”, he offered his apprentice.

”I had a good teacher”, Rizzardo answered, still struggling to hide his grin.

***

After getting dressed, Maddok left to tend to errands. He left instructions with Rizzardo to tell Vahnwynne to wait for him should she wake before he returned.

Maddok’s first stop was the safehouse. He briefly checked in with Arael and any others that happened to be present at the time. He proudly told any that seemed interested about Vahnwynne’s return - once again whole.

The Shoanti’s second, and last stop, was Delvehaven. After stopping to entertain the mischievous little guardian dolls for a moment, he found Yahirma and Tarvi hard at work.

”The carpet worked exactly as you said. It flew us both, tirelessly, all the way back as swift as a hawk”, Maddok said as he rested the bundled magical carpet on a nearby surface.

He produced a note from his pack and offered it to Yahirma directly.

”Madjaw wanted me to give that to you. I delivered your message. Its meaning was lost on him I’m afraid.”

Maddok took a breath before he continued.

”There is one more matter I had hoped for your help with”, he says. ”When I retrieved Vahnwynne from the Mother I noticed she was… diminished. She spoke of the ritual draining her but I had not expected this. This was death. Perhaps there’s something that can be done for her. And if there’s not, someone should be there. She has no family left.”

He paused, giving Yahirma a moment to consider his story.

”I have business that needs my attention at the forge but within a few days I plan to return to the Hagwood. Would you come with me?”


Derek:

She peers at the brooch Derek chose. "You want that one? Well, it's not cheap, but.. Take it, as a token of my gratitude for the business plans you've outlined, as well as the business partner and apprentice you're going to choose for me."


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

"No no, I insit on paying for it. I appreciate the idea, but if you want to give me a gift, wait until I have sucessfully put our plans into action. Only THEN will I deserve it."


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

Appario begins work on returning the stolen stuff. Though it might take a while, he will do it earnestly.

I really should be tending to my business now...where is Derek?


Female Changeling (Mauxi Mwangi) Mwangi Spiritualist 12

2nd of Arodus - at the Ciucci residence

Yahirma listens to Guxer's mix of bargaining and plea, pausing for a time after his last words trail off into silence. "I can honor that request and do what I can to bring you peace and help you to commune with your wife." As she waits for the door to unlock or open, she pulls the butler aside and whispers to him, "If a shapeshifter is about, I need you to perform a quick check. Check the maid's quarters or usual haunts, and ensure that she is not in two places at once." She pulls out a pinch of salt and passes it to him. "Place this in a pocket; it shall help me to recognize you when you come back. The shapeshifter may be about, and it may try to take your form, too. Be careful. When we see each other again, report that on 'the supply of candles' — low means there's trouble, and high means all is well. Take note if Delilee is about."

5th of Arodus — at the Delvehaven laboratory

After Xerath explains past events, Yahirma settles into a moment of thought and recollection. "I am certainly interested in magical oddities, as you say, but many magical phenomena occur with the consent or conscious effort of their practitioners. I trust you were not maintaining hold of an active spell at the time?" She considers a few other possibilities before suggesting, "Perhaps this was an extension of one of your enchanted pieces of equipment? Most augmentations do not interact with each other in unexpected ways, but bizarre, sometimes fortuitous combinations of disparate elements can create powerful effects..."

Oh, or that could be a possibility she thinks to herself while considering her own supernatural power.

Yahirma takes to looking closely at as much of Xerath's face as she can manage without prying back his oft-present hood. "For the sake of investigation, what about strange manifestations in your family's past? Cheliax has recent history of close liaisons with infernals, and there are times when that might cross the line of professionalism. It is not unknown for other outsiders," she posits a kindly as possible — or fey..."to be woven into a family tree, and often signs of these legacies can come to light in strange ways."

"We can perform some experiments if you desire. An analysis of the arcane equipment would be the easiest to test in a short time, and we can expand the investigation from there."


3rd of Arodus - At Gladys Zerackis's jewelry shop - Derek:

"Well, if you insist.. The brooch costs 500 gold pieces."

The proprietor produces a large keyring from somewhere on her person and unlocks the display case, lifting out the brooch. She locks the case again, then goes behind the counter to find a small jewelry box to put the brooch in. Once Derek produces the appropriate amount, she places the small box in his hands.


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

Derek smiles and hands over the 500 gold pieces, gently takes the box and stores it upon his person.
"Many thanks, I shall begin my search for a suitable candidate tomorrow, I'll be back for the ring before week’s end, and by then I hope to bring you good news as well.
Good day to you mamzel Zerackis."

Next, Derek will begin to look for someone who deals in metals, specifically in rare and costly metals, what he has in mind will require a substantial amount of mithril.


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 12 HP: 123/123(+11) AC: 30 FF: 23, Touch: 22 F:+16, R:+12, W:+19 Perception:+18(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4, False Life, Freedom of Movement, Remove Fear, Resist Energy

5th Day of Arodus

"At the time, my equipment was the same as it was for months. And while having a real Infernal in the family would not surprise me, in fact I'm sure there is one.. I don't think they could cause this kind of power. What other kinds of outsiders are you referring to?"

"Alright, we can check my equipment if you deem it necessary."

Xerath removes his magical equipment, one by one. First his headband followed by his belt. Then, his bracers followed by his cloak and amulet. Last but not least, he hesitantly removes his hooded robe which reveals him to be wearing simple breeches and a pair of mundane boots while leaving his more than above average muscled torso rather bare.


2nd of Arodus - Ciucci residence - Yahirma:

The butler's eyes grow wide, and he's unable to keep his voice down as he bursts out. "A shapeshifter? What do you mean, like a werewolf? I thought this was a matter of either madness or Cecelly's spirit returned from the grave!" He stares dumbfounded at the pinch of salt, slowly making the motions to pocket it while the wheels are almost visibly turning in his mind.

His eyes flicker from Yahirma to the now even more interested maid sidling closer, growing shock showing also on her face. Hortan finds his voice again. "Two places at once.. I don't understand. And 'take note of Delilee'.. What do you mean?"

While Hortan speaks, Yahirma notes a quick shuffling from inside the master bedroom, followed by a 'click' as from a lock being turned. The shuffling quickly recedes from the door again.


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

Appario will continue to work on returning stuff and consider visiting M'Lady Chammady.

In due time.


Female Changeling (Mauxi Mwangi) Mwangi Spiritualist 12

2nd of Arodus - Ciucci residence

Ah knucklebones, I suppose I've said to much and will need to say more.

"I simply mean that the visions your master has been having may be legitimate, or they may be an unrelated phenomenon. I would appreciate knowing that the members of the household are accounted for as I begin," Yahirma explains while attempting to direct Hortan's suspicions away from her slip of the tongue in mentioning the S[hapeshifter] word. Turning to face him full on, she places a hand upon his upper arm and states with reassuring confidence, "I offered my services before and follow through now because I trust you and respect your discretion. I knew that you would act in the interest of the household because you're the best at what you do. Everything you have done has been founded in sound reason and tempered by your exceptional professionalism."

Even if they're not entirely true, what upper-level servant in a traditionally thankless job wouldn't appreciate hearing a few reassuring compliments — particularly with a subordinate in earshot? she thinks to herself while dredging up a few of the tactics used by Mwangi spiritualists who lack a legitimate connection to healing power but still wish to convince a client that good is being done. [smaller]"Your master trusts you as I do, and we are both trusting you to show your discretion in ensuring that the members of the household are accounted for. No one is in danger while I am here. Talk of shifting shapes refers merely to hallucinations perceived in these strange circumstances. I shall clear matters up," she promises with a soft clap on his arm as she withdraws her hand. "We both have work to do."

Best if he believes that shapeshifters refers to something else, particularly if there is a rakshasa drinking our thoughts.

Diplomacy to calm Hortan: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (5) + 17 = 22
Bluff to casually dismiss/redirect his concerns about actual shapeshifters: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (5) + 20 = 25

Well, hopefully his discretion is not too keen; I certainly botched those rolls.

8,351 to 8,400 of 10,990 << first < prev | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | 172 | 173 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM CH-P's CoT: The Bastards of Erebus All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.