Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM CH-P's CoT: The Bastards of Erebus

Game Master Are


7,701 to 7,750 of 10,990 << first < prev | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | next > last >>

Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

One of Appario's favorite things is blaming party members for random perceived slights.


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12
Maddok wrote:
One of Appario's favorite things is blaming party members for random perceived slights.

Actually, Appario likes money and puns. The perceived slights (in this case a real one) are just extra RP.

Appario looks confused by Yahirma, then realizes he's mistaken.

"Oh, you *did* cast it on me?! Sorry! Sorry! I was confuzzled. As you were."

Appario is ready to engage the spawn on his next turn.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

If only we could all understand the brilliant mind of Appario. See also, total defensing while blind.


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 12 HP: 123/123(+11) AC: 30 FF: 23, Touch: 22 F:+16, R:+12, W:+19 Perception:+18(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4, False Life, Freedom of Movement, Remove Fear, Resist Energy

Indeed, perhaps one day we'll be enlightened enough to understand


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

"Stay close to Appario. Even the lesser of their kind can invade the mind and turn us against each other."

Xerath's aggressive hostility is just as viable of RP as Appario's willful delusions.


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

"Yes...and we might want to wait until later to tear into eachother. Maybe we can get the proprietor of the devildrome to make it into a show, fun AND profits."


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 12 HP: 123/123(+11) AC: 30 FF: 23, Touch: 22 F:+16, R:+12, W:+19 Perception:+18(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4, False Life, Freedom of Movement, Remove Fear, Resist Energy

Yes, not all of us are as proficient in delusion as Appario. But we do what works for us.

"Yes, I don't think we need them to instill conflict between us."


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Derek did you want to take any actions? Both Appario and Maddok have acted. At the very least, pulling your stake to help Maddok start staking vampires next turn would be helpful.

Maddok nods.

"We can plan a trip back to the Devildrome after the Lord of Shadows is no more."


The commanded spawn follows Yahirma's orders, and attempts to grapple its nearest former companion. Despite its blindness, the targeted spawn swipes at it when it does.

AoO vs grapple: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
AoO damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 25 (1-50: miss; 51-100: hit)
Blind-Fight reroll: 1d100 ⇒ 72 (1-50: miss; 51-100: hit)

CMB to grapple: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

The commanded spawn seems out of place attempting this kind of maneuver, and is only rivalled in incompetence by its chosen target's poor job at taking advantage of openings in its defenses.

***

The four blind spawn converge on the group's frontline.

Slam attack #1 (vs Appario): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Slam attack #2 (vs Appario): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Slam attack #3 (vs Derek): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Slam attack #4 (vs Maddok): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Slam damage #1: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Slam damage #2: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Slam damage #3: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Slam damage #4: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Miss chance #1: 1d100 ⇒ 9 (1-50: miss; 51-100: hit)
Miss chance #2: 1d100 ⇒ 90 (1-50: miss; 51-100: hit)
Miss chance #3: 1d100 ⇒ 2 (1-50: miss; 51-100: hit)
Miss chance #4: 1d100 ⇒ 98 (1-50: miss; 51-100: hit)

No blind-fight rerolls necessary, since all of the attacks missed anyway.

All of the spawn miss with their feeble attempts at dealing damage.

***

The formerly-unseen greater shadow swoops in, sends its shadowy tendrils towards Maddok, and swoops away again.

Incorporeal touch: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12 (vs flat-footed AC due to stealth)
Strength damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4

However, in its eagerness to sap such a strong warrior's strength, the incorporeal creature misses.

***

>>>Current Map<<<

The red-ringed spawn are blinded; the blue-squared spawn and shadow are commanded; the greater shadow can currently only be seen by the commanded spawn.

Up next: The PCs.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Maddok easily fends off the clumsy blind vampire's attack.

The big Shoanti holds his stake at the ready, waiting for Yahirma's paralyzing salts.

"Hold your attacks!"


Be aware that only one undead, or one 5-ft square, can be affected by a single use of Yahirma's salts. To throw salt at all of the 4 non-commanded spawn, she'd need 4 rounds.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Oh, that certainly changes things. In that case:

"Now!"

Maddok's still going to hold back for now to make sure one gets staked.


Female Changeling (Mauxi Mwangi) Mwangi Spiritualist 12

Oh, what I wouldn't do for massive undead-paralyzing abilities! Yep, it's better just to take advantage of the blindness for now. Yahirma has other plans.

Yahirma whispers quick instructions to her shadow before calling out a different set to her new corporeal minion. Then, relying on her broken line of sight to the "great one," she negotiates her way to O-32 and, salt in hand, watches the eastern wall.

Infernal instructions:

To the shadow Yahirma says, "Follow me and stay above me. Disrupt the 'great one's' attacks should it emerge."

To her vampire spawn she adds, "Join me here and do the same: disrupt the shadow's offensive."

Shadow moves to O-32 (immediately above Yahirma) and readies an action to aid the AC of whomever the greater shadow attacks. The vampire spawn moves to N-32 and does the same. Yahirma has a readied action to use Reminder of Death when the greater shadow starts to emerge from the wall. Misfortune favors the saving throw to resist it.

The undead have extraordinary spiritual fortitude to resist my abilities. Perhaps I am just out of practice...

Shadow's aid another: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Spawn's aid another: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

I guess we're just going to kill them all twice.

Seeing that the magical paralysis isn't coming in the near future, Maddok drops his stake and swings wildly with his hammer.

Primary: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27
Damage: 1d6 + 18 ⇒ (5) + 18 = 23

Iterative: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 18 ⇒ (2) + 18 = 20


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

Appario looks at Maddok, then Yahirma.

"Can I kill things now?"

Looking at the blind spawn and unsure how long it was going to last, Appario tries to take down #1 (N28) staking be damned, this is war.

1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33 to hit;
1d10 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 6 + (6) = 20 damage;

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19 to hit;
1d10 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 6 + (3) = 12 damage;

Edit: potential crit:

1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25 to hit;
1d10 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 damage;


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

"Yes. I don't know what Yahirma's plans are but it appears she does not think it important to destroy these spawn for good."


Female Changeling (Mauxi Mwangi) Mwangi Spiritualist 12

Yahirma still suffers from selective hearing — a class feature. Thinking that blind vampires might be easy pickings, she has turned her eyes to the more brutal threat: the greater shadow. If that backfires somehow, I'll be paralyzing vampires for you in no time.

Too borrow from the ooc text, greater shadow's spell "doooom."


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

I understand. I'm just RPing the change of plans. =P

I agree the greater shadow is the more immediate threat but the spawn are a greater long term problem. It's almost impossible for us to destroy them without you. They're just going to mist-form to safety and heal to full. I'm not really looking forward to fighting the master vampire + 8 vampire minions.


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

"Up close and personal? I can do that."

Primary attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Secondary attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 12 HP: 123/123(+11) AC: 30 FF: 23, Touch: 22 F:+16, R:+12, W:+19 Perception:+18(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4, False Life, Freedom of Movement, Remove Fear, Resist Energy

Xerath will just attack one of the spawn, focusing whoever is taking the most damage, still very aware of the shadow that can spring up at any time.

Power Attack: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 9 - 2 = 22

1d8 + 3 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 6 + 2 = 14


Maddok wrote:
It's almost impossible for us to destroy them without you. They're just going to mist-form to safety and heal to full. I'm not really looking forward to fighting the master vampire + 8 vampire minions.

It takes spawn (and other vampires) an hour to even begin reforming once they've reached their coffins. You'll have ample time to either locate those coffins before heading to the master vampire, or to fight the master vampire, long before the spawn reform.

Besides, it's not like you have someone else around who can create sunlight that would destroy all of these spawn in a single action :)


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Nope. Don't have any of those. =P


One spawn is smashed into mist by Maddok's hammer, while another is similarly sliced and pierced into mist by Appario's and Xerath's combined attacks. Derek's attacks injure a third.

***

The two misty spawn begin drifting away towards the doors to the north, while the remaining two spawn continue their attacks.

Slam attack #1 (vs Appario): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Slam attack #2 (vs Derek): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Slam damage #1: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Slam damage #2: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Miss chance #1: 1d100 ⇒ 65 (1-50: miss; 51-100: hit)
Miss chance #2: 1d100 ⇒ 97 (1-50: miss; 51-100: hit)

Again, their slams are unable to hit.

***

The greater shadow obliges Yahirma as it swoops in for another chance at drinking in Maddok's strength.

Will save vs reminder of death: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

It's stopped dead in mid-flight as the powerful salts remind it of its death.

***

>>>Current Map<<<

The red-ringed spawn are blinded; the greyed-out spawn are gaseous; the blue-squared spawn and shadow (flying above Yahirma) are commanded; the greater shadow is immobile.

Up next: The PCs.


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

"Hey, Derek!"

Round 2

"Hey, Derek! Derek!!"

Appario swings at another spawn (#2).

"Derek, why are vampires so anxious?!"

1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27 to hit;
1d10 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 6 + (4) = 16 damage.

"Because they're looking for their necks victim!! Ha!"

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14 to hit;
1d10 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 6 + (6) = 18 damage.

I should totally go back into theater...I'm hilarious.


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

Sunburst? But we've used that power before, I was hoping to save the other sunpower for the master.

"Very droll Appario, your rapier wit cuts like a knife through hot butter.
The stage lost a true credit to the art when you took holy wows."

Too much? Well, we'll see won't we?

Derek begins to adopt a particularly flashy mode of attack, then suddenly falters as he realizes his opponent is blind.
Right, blind...forgot about that.
Pausing just long enough to do a chagrined face palm, he then instead simply flips the trident up, bends the arm bearing his buckler at the elbow and catches the haft of the trident in the crook of his arm.
"Sometimes the simple way is the best."

With the buckler held steady in front of his heart the thrusts out twice, first at the vampire’s midsection, then at his neck.
"Rising tide , since I know you can't see it."

Primary attack with combat expertise: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Secondary attack with combat expertise: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

I've used a rapier too much, this new weight is making me lose my balance...got to adjust for it.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Maddok watches in frustration as the mist drifts lazily away. The big Shoanti lays into the remaining attacking spawn with looping hammer blows.

Primary: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
Damage: 1d6 + 18 ⇒ (5) + 18 = 23

Iterative: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Damage: 1d6 + 18 ⇒ (2) + 18 = 20


Appario and Maddok each hit their respective spawn once, while Derek misses with both of his attacks.

***

Map and information as above. Both spawn are injured.

Up next: Xerath and Yahirma.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Maddok notes Xerath eyeing the graceful shadow warily.

"Do not strike it. A single blow will break the enchantment. Focus your attacks in the remaining vampires."


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 12 HP: 123/123(+11) AC: 30 FF: 23, Touch: 22 F:+16, R:+12, W:+19 Perception:+18(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4, False Life, Freedom of Movement, Remove Fear, Resist Energy

"Yes, I know." Xerath jabs his spear at another spawn.

Power Attack: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 9 - 2 = 27

1d8 + 3 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 6 + 2 = 17

Confirming: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 9 - 2 = 18

2d8 + 6 + 12 + 4 ⇒ (5, 6) + 6 + 12 + 4 = 33


Xerath's spear pulverizes the spawn to the point where it almost seems as if the forming mist will be sucked in by its power, but the mist finally manages to escape the spear's gravitational pull.

***

Up next: Yahirma. Only one spawn remains, plus the greater shadow.


Female Changeling (Mauxi Mwangi) Mwangi Spiritualist 12

Shaking a few grains of salt from her hand, Yahirma admires her handiwork as it sticks out of the wall. She scratches her chin in thought before turning to Derek and trying to get in a word edge-wise as he and Appario banter unintelligibly.

Infernal:
"I can only hold a few under my control. Let us finish that one (the remaining spawn), then I can try to take control of the greater shadow."

I figure we can dispatch the lesser shadow and vampire spawn, and I can then control the greater shadow. If it makes both saves against my control, we can have readied actions to finish it off instead.

Yahirma gives her shadow quick instructions as she negotiates her way off of the beach. With another handful of salt, she showers the remaining enemy spawn with a purified reminder of its past life.

Move to M-30 or 31 and use Reminder of Death on the remaining spawn.

Infernal to the shadow:

"Follow the vampire mists and see where they sleep. Report back quickly."


Will vs reminder of death: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Misfortune reroll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

The final spawn attempts to resist the painful reminder of its death, but must finally succumb to the buried memories.

The three misty spawn drift further away, two making it through the doors.

***

Both the commanded spawn and the commanded shadow already know where the spawn rest; there's no need for them to follow the mist.

Since the map was likely unclear: Nothing is inside the wall; I placed the commanded shadow there to avoid stacking it on top of Yahirma.

Up next: The PCs. Both remaining enemies are currently immobile.


Female Changeling (Mauxi Mwangi) Mwangi Spiritualist 12

Yahirma looks to the stake at Maddok's feet, makes a stabbing motion, and then raises an eyebrow in inquiry. Turning to her coerced ally, she asks a few questions in Infernal.

Infernal to controlled vampire spawn:

"Inform us where your coffin or other hiding place is. If you have several or know of your master's place of rest, state that as well."


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Maddok picks up his discarded stake and drives it into the heart of the held spawn.


Female Changeling (Mauxi Mwangi) Mwangi Spiritualist 12

More Infernal to Derek:

"Once my two thralls are destroyed, I will be able to control the greater shadow. Let the others know that if it is too willful and escapes my control, they should be ready to strike it down."

As Maddok grabs the stake, Yahirma points to the paralyzed vampire spawn. Once Derek has had a chance to related Yahirma's plan (and once the controlled vampire spawn relays what it can), Yahirma will help direct the party in destroying the two creatures under her control.

Though you have been shackled by misfortune, today you are freed.


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

Appario watches the staking with interest.

Oh, that's how it's supposed to work.


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

"Yahirma wants to "upgrade" her minion, she wants us to destroy the ordinary shadows so she can focus on the greater one. But she warns us that we should be ready to destroy it too if it proves to..."willfull."


The controlled spawn looks on as Maddok drives his stake into the last spawn's heart, the wooden implement slaying it instantly, then replies to Yahirma's question.

"Our coffins are in Silana's chamber. Through the doors there," it points to the double doors in the northern wall, "then through the first door in the eastern wall. A short hallway leads to a second set of doors, opening into her chamber."

"The master rests elsewhere. There's a place in the hallway outside Silana's chamber. When the master comes, he always enters and leaves through there in mist-form. Silana does the same when the master summons her. Living creatures some times go to see him, but I don't know how."

"I think Silana and the master have other resting places, too, but I don't know where."

***

Once you feel the spawn has been emptied of useful information, it's trivially easy to destroy it (and the commanded shadow); Yahirma can simply order them to stand still and not defend themselves.

***

Will vs undead servitude: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 2 = 13 (+2: channel resistance)

In their place, Yahirma gains the services of the greater shadow.


In order to irreversibly destroy them, the two staked spawn must at some point either be exposed to sunlight for two rounds, be immersed in running water for 3 rounds (the lake won't suffice, since the water there is still), or have their heads severed and anointed with holy water.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Thanks for abbreviating that Are.

Maddok watches Yahirma and her new 'pet' with a bit of worry before sheathing Shadowbinder and gripping his hammer tightly.

"So a Silana is through these doors? Is she the lover or the 'diseased one'? We'll see soon enough."

Once everyone's grouped up, Maddok opens the doors.

Maddok will take care of the grisly business of head severing. I believe Yahirma has holy water.


Female Changeling (Mauxi Mwangi) Mwangi Spiritualist 12

"It sounds as though Silana is also a vampire or one with the power to become mist. Our new, short-term ally will be little use against a vampire, but it may be useful against the 'diseased one' or the creature that abducted Tarvi. I suggest we seek those out first," recommends Yahirma.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Maddok nods and then opens the doors.


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

Tarvi!! Yes, that was disappointing. Delivering justice to that one must happen.

Appario nods at Yahirma, anxious to to find the diseased one.


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 12 HP: 123/123(+11) AC: 30 FF: 23, Touch: 22 F:+16, R:+12, W:+19 Perception:+18(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4, False Life, Freedom of Movement, Remove Fear, Resist Energy

"Agreed." Xerath resists the urge to destroy the shadow and follows Maddok through the doors.


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

"We have a plan then? Good, no time like the present."


The doors open to reveal a hallway ending in a set of double doors to the north. Two other sets of double doors lead east.

***

>>>Current Map<<<


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Well if the plan is to hunt down everything else first, let's go to the area that doesn't house the possible vampire(s).

Maddok advances down the hallway and opens the double doors at the end.


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

"Right, so Silas is through the first set of doors here. But we wanted to go further?
I must admit, I hate to have the enemy be able to come up on us from behind."


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

"Let them come from all sides. As long as we stay together, there is no foe we cannot overcome", Maddok offers.

Also, as long as we stay within the Magic Circle. =P


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 12 HP: 123/123(+11) AC: 30 FF: 23, Touch: 22 F:+16, R:+12, W:+19 Perception:+18(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4, False Life, Freedom of Movement, Remove Fear, Resist Energy

"We'll cross that bridge when we come to it. You could say the same thing about the diseased one or the creature that captured Tarvi."

Before Maddok opens the next set of doors, Xerath casts a protective spell in the likely chance that he will be in danger.

Shield

"Your optimism is unrelenting isn't it." He replies rather dryly to Maddok.

7,701 to 7,750 of 10,990 << first < prev | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM CH-P's CoT: The Bastards of Erebus All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.