Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM CH-P's CoT: The Bastards of Erebus

Game Master Are


7,601 to 7,650 of 10,990 << first < prev | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | next > last >>

She can't fail that climb check, even with the penalties from exhaustion, so it won't be supremely enjoyable :)

The loss of Dex to AC does hurt her, though. Good thing she can cast fog cloud at will!


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

Appario sighs as he looks at the stalker far away and his hands full of Extortion and a heavy shield.

He looks around to see if any of the battle asters have any good solutions before stowing Extortion (move) and then his shield (move#2).

Just in time for the chuul to come back.


Realizing that her escape has been compromised, the stalker hangs onto the wall while creating another fog cloud in the same area as the previous one. Once again, fog billows out over the boat, while the stalker is unseen.

The chuul moves further into the "alcove" it's in, apparently uninterested in continuing combat, although the elementals think it seems ready for any incoming attacks.

***

Up next: The PCs.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Maddok growls as the stalker hides again and climbs back onto the boat.

He quickly takes up his position again and pushes the vessel back towards the climbing stalker.


It will take a full round to turn the boat around.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Can the elementals push it back?


Sure, and you certainly can push it backwards yourself, if that's your desire. But, like most other vehicles, boats favor going forwards. Either method of pushing it backwards would only provide 10 ft of movement per full round, unless you want to take on water.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

I suppose I'll just wait for the others for now then. If Yahirma dispels again, Xerath can ready to disrupt so we don't have to do this again. If Derek Inspires, Maddok will summon again.


You won't have to do this again at all if you simply let her escape :)


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

That's not a great idea. She's too dangerous. Her full attack will kill any one of us.


She's pretty dangerous, yes. At least she was when she had her bow. I was considering making her bow human-bane, or to give her a couple of human-slaying arrows.. but I got cold feet and figured that would be a bit overkill considering her superior position :)


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Well that's why she can't be allowed to get away. She'd be very dangerous again the moment she got her hands on a new bow.


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

"We have to kill it. She's completely and totally evil...just like the rest of them."

Appario's Quick Stats:

AC 25, touch 16, flat-footed 21 (+7 armor, +3 Dex, +2 shield, +2 deflection, +1 dodge)
hp 55/70
Fort +9, Ref +12, Will +9

Lay on Hands: 3d6 healing (0/5 used)
Smite Evil (+2 to hit, +2 AC, +7 damage) 3/day
Divine Bond 7/min day.

Spells:
lvl 1: Hero's Defiance, Bless Weapon
lvl 2: Suppress Charms & Compulsions

Bandolier:
Slot 1: Pot Gaseous Form
Slot 2: Pot Spirit Sight
Slot 3: Pot Tumbling
Slot 4: Pot CMW
Slot 5: Pot MCPfE10'
Slot 6: Pot Invisibility

Extras:
Potion of Invisibility
Potion of Gas Form
Potion of Lesser Restoration
Potion of CLW
Potion of CMW


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 12 HP: 123/123(+11) AC: 30 FF: 23, Touch: 22 F:+16, R:+12, W:+19 Perception:+18(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4, False Life, Freedom of Movement, Remove Fear, Resist Energy

I'm surprised the group hasn't tried to make friends with her.


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

Hmmm, maybe we can distract it, or make a deal?

"We are at an impasse," Derek calls out, "And we don't need to battle til the end.
Your loyalty is commendable, but we have removed your fog once and can do it again, do you really wish to be on the receiving end of arrows next?
What say you we talk this out? YOU don't have anything to lose that way certainly.
...
Actually, as far as masked beings covered in leather from head to toe goes, you are a bit of a babe, want to talk over drinks?
I got a nice bottle of Taldane Vintage with me."


Female Changeling (Mauxi Mwangi) Mwangi Spiritualist 12

Yahirma tries to determine if Derek is calling out a warning to the party or a message to the enemy. Not seeing anything obvious over the side of the boat, she decides it's probably the latter and holds off on her offensive for a few seconds.

Should Derek not get a response or look miffed about what he hears, Yahirma will smash the stalker off of the wall.

Delay/Readied action to drop a sound burst a little bit further down the wall (roughly AB-AC/12-13 just in case the stalker has moved farther) should there not be a response or Derek seems miffed by the response.


The stalker does in fact call out a response, in an angered voice.

"You've destroyed my tribe and humiliated me. I create fog to escape, not to continue battle. Move your boat east. There's no fog there."


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

"That is unfortunate, but we may have broken your tribe, not wiped it out. Those that surrendered were shown mercy. What is broken can be mended."

Derek inhales softly before speaking again.
"You should always learn about your enemies, and if you know anything of us it is that while we certainly have left a fair share of broken corpses in our wake, we are not above showing mercy to those that surrender. Pointless killing is not our style."

An edge of steel creeps into his voice as he continues.
"But I will make no apologies for defending ourselves against those that for all we knew were servants of a being that has oppressed and terrorized the people of this city for decades, and who is responsible for deaths that has hurt at least myself personally.
And now we travel to save the life of a dear friend, no apologises will be made to anyone who stands between us and that goal.
Do not be a fool and take this personally, in a battle for survival, deaths are inevitable."

"You still live, that means what you have lost can be restored, and while I can make no promises as to my success, I am even willing to try and negotiate the release of your surviving kin, in exchange for your assurance that you will leave with them and trouble neither this city nor us any further."

"Please...please think on this..."


I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to achieve. She's already trying to leave :)

***

"Then continue your task, and let me leave. I have no need for talk."


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

We're worried about her making a reappearance. She hasn't given us any assurance that she's leaving for good.


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

Who says's I'm talking to HER? *winks*


Would you trust her if she did?


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

We trust everyone!


"Fine," she allows after a few moments of silence. "I will return to Nidal. If my surviving tribesfolk join me there within the month, this country will never see us again."

The edge in her voice makes it plain that should no such surviving tribesfolk join her, she would return and attempt to exact her vengeance.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Maddok climbs back onto the boat.

"Those that surrender will be allowed to return to your dark home. We make no promises for those foolish enough to battle us to the death."

"Are you the last of your kind here in Walcourt?"


Her answer is simply "I am."


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

Appario regrets not having the ability to kill the totally evil dark evildoer, but let's it go, trusting his friends in his.

Appario re-attaches his shield.

"Let us go on, we have much to do. Is there a wand around that I could use to heal from that evil thing's arrows?"

55/70


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

"Then be gone."

Maddok pushes the vessel along.

Aquan wrote:
"Brothers, do not engage that creature but alert us if it moves to leave its hole."


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 12 HP: 123/123(+11) AC: 30 FF: 23, Touch: 22 F:+16, R:+12, W:+19 Perception:+18(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4, False Life, Freedom of Movement, Remove Fear, Resist Energy

"Why don't we just invite her to join us already? This is where it's headed. And whatever happened to crushing your enemies and driving them before you?"


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

"When there is no choice but to fight then I'll fight, and to the end, mine or my foes.
However, I don't like needless killing, if she leaves and bother us no more than it is as good as killing her in my book.
Remember, they can only win if they kill us, we only have to remove them.
Besides, I don't want to waste resources now that we have a foe that is ready for us and have most likely planned a lot of nasty surprises along the way.
He KNOWS we are coming to the rescue, right now, he holds all the cards."

Cure serious wounds from wand on Appario: 3d8 + 5 ⇒ (8, 2, 1) + 5 = 16


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Maddok nods, "Well said little brother."

"Save your fury for the Lord of Shadows. His pawns are just that."


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

"Thank you, Derek," Appario says while testing out his shoulder. "Much better."


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 12 HP: 123/123(+11) AC: 30 FF: 23, Touch: 22 F:+16, R:+12, W:+19 Perception:+18(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4, False Life, Freedom of Movement, Remove Fear, Resist Energy

"Then they will keep coming at us, wearing us down since they know they can get away with it."


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

"No, they cannot. She said it herself. We've all but wiped out her tribe."


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

Derek snickers a little at that.
"We have spared maybe one in twenty so far, few foes would want to risk those odds if they had a choice.
After all, it is cold comfort for the other nineteen wouldn't you agree?
I'm rather thinking that a few might desert and leave seeing as they have not exactly done well against us so far."


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 12 HP: 123/123(+11) AC: 30 FF: 23, Touch: 22 F:+16, R:+12, W:+19 Perception:+18(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4, False Life, Freedom of Movement, Remove Fear, Resist Energy

"Maybe not her people, but more minions of the Lord of Shadows."


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

"Little brother speaks the truth. Only a handful have fought us and lived to tell of it. Let those with the wisdom to admit defeat spread word of us and perhaps some of the Lord of Shadows remaining minions may yet walk away."


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 12 HP: 123/123(+11) AC: 30 FF: 23, Touch: 22 F:+16, R:+12, W:+19 Perception:+18(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4, False Life, Freedom of Movement, Remove Fear, Resist Energy

"Not likely. We let people who try to kill us and on one occasion succeed, walk away free."


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

"And if one ever dares to betray our mercy, we will show them the error of their ways. In the meantime, the Gardeners and all of Westcrown needs allies more than slain enemies."


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 12 HP: 123/123(+11) AC: 30 FF: 23, Touch: 22 F:+16, R:+12, W:+19 Perception:+18(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4, False Life, Freedom of Movement, Remove Fear, Resist Energy

"Right, and if they come back and end one of us? What then?"


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20
Maddok wrote:
"And if one ever dares to betray our mercy, we will show them the error of their ways. In the meantime, the Gardeners and all of Westcrown needs allies more than slain enemies."


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

"This is a good discussion, and I agree we should speak more of it, but how about we do it in a less...dangerous enviroment?"

Whoa! Was that ME being the voice of reason just now?


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

"Agreed."

"This lake has to lead somewhere. Why else would they guard it so fiercely."


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

"Well...it could be what we call a "red herring", a deliberate attempt to draw us into a prepared ambush to make us waste resources without actually coming anywhere closer to our goal..."


Nothing disturbs Maddok as he brings the boat forward, and the elementals keep their focus on the chuul where it remains still in its corner. Once the Shoanti pushes the front of the boat out from the confines of the fog, however, Appario sees a quintet of shadows waiting for them beyond, floating in the air just above the water. One among them appears to move with more grace and fluidity than the others.

***

Knowledge (religion) DC 18:

The more graceful shadow is in fact a Greater Shadow.

Greater shadows are very like their lesser kin, but they are more resilient, accurate, and agile, and sap the strength of their victims faster.

In addition, everything you know about regular shadows also apply to greater shadows.

Undead traits and incorporeal traits are also revealed.

***

Initiative checks:

Initiative (Appario): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Initiative (Derek): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Initiative (Maddok): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Initiative (Xerath): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Initiative (Yahirma): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Initiative (Shadows): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Initiative (Greater Shadow): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Current Initiative order:
22 - Xerath
21 - Greater Shadow
20 - Appario
19 - Derek
12 - Maddok
9 - Yahirma
8 - Shadows

***

>>>Current Map<<<

The shadows are all hovering just above the water. The chuul is submerged at the bottom of the lake.

Up first: Xerath.


Oh yes, and there's still fog in columns 17-24.


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 12 HP: 123/123(+11) AC: 30 FF: 23, Touch: 22 F:+16, R:+12, W:+19 Perception:+18(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4, False Life, Freedom of Movement, Remove Fear, Resist Energy

Xerath cracks his knuckles as he notices the shadows coming for him. His body is soon covered in electricity as he then hurls it in a line towards the greater shadow.

Ectoplasmic Lightning Bolt, getting the greater shadow and 2 of his buddies.

9d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 3, 6, 6, 5, 6, 6, 6) = 48


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Wow! 48/54 damage. Nice roll.

Maddok growls as the shadows appear.

"Shield little brother and Xerath!"


Female Changeling (Mauxi Mwangi) Mwangi Spiritualist 12

Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

Yahirma takes her time assessing the situation and flinching in response to the sorcerer's lightning-quick assault — so long that she is left fumbling for the wendo talismans around her neck as others leap into action.

Oooooh channel energy...it's going to be good.


Reflex (greater shadow): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

The ectoplasmic energy tears the two lesser shadows apart, while dealing a good amount of damage also to the greater shadow.

The greater shadow swoops in, gives Xerath a caress with its negatively-charged shadowy tendrils, then flies away and around the corner.

Incorporeal touch: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
Strength damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8

Xerath takes 8 points of Strength damage from the shadow's touch.

***

>>>Current Map<<<

The shadows are hovering just above the water; the chuul is submerged at the lake's bottom.

Up next: Appario, Derek, Maddok, Yahirma.

7,601 to 7,650 of 10,990 << first < prev | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM CH-P's CoT: The Bastards of Erebus All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.