Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM CH-P's CoT: The Bastards of Erebus

Game Master Are


7,501 to 7,550 of 10,845 << first < prev | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | next > last >>

Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

Appario continues to delay, happy to get a full attack (even with cover/combat penalties), when a target presents.


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 12 HP: 123/123 AC: 26 FF: 23, Touch: 22 F:+16, R:+12, W:+19 Perception:+18(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4 -1 level)

Xerath will ready another magic missile for when the Chuuls show themselves.

5d4 + 5 ⇒ (2, 3, 1, 2, 4) + 5 = 17


Still to act/ready this round: Derek.


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 3

I won't be caught unaware...or unarmed.
Derek removes his bow and draws the beautifully crafted trident again.
"Here they come..."


After another six seconds where nothing happens apart from ripples continuing to move slowly towards the group's position, the two ice elementals suddenly dip below the surface to attack something Maddok can barely see, and which remains just out of reach for his spear.

The elementals both 5-ft-step down to attack.

Fortitude vs numbing cold: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

The chuul retaliates against the elemental injuring it.

Claw attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34
Claw damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (3, 2) + 7 = 12

Hitting the offending elemental, the chuul attempts to grab hold of it and squeeze the remaining life from it.

CMB to grab: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (14) + 19 = 33
Constrict damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (4, 2) + 7 = 13

It succeeds at cutting the icy creature in half.

At virtually the same time, the other chuul partially surfaces near Xerath. After suffering from Xerath's missiles and the hag spirit's attacks, the chuul attempts to hit Xerath.

Claw attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22
Claw damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (2, 6) + 7 = 15

The chuul hits, dealing 15 damage, and attempts to grab hold and constrict.

CMB to grab: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (7) + 19 = 26
Constrict damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (6, 3) + 7 = 16

It succeeds, dealing another 16 damage and pulling Xerath towards it.

***

>>>Current Map<<<

Xerath is grappled, and currently held just above the water's surface. Chuul #1 is grappling, and is partially submerged (+4 bonus to AC from cover against non-swimming attackers).

There's 5 ft of water separating Maddok and the remaining elemental, while there's 10 ft of water separating Maddok from Chuul #2 (both are submerged, and get a +8 bonus to AC from cover against non-swimming attackers).

Up next: The PCs. Yahirma can apply misfortune against the Chuul's attack or CMB check against Xerath, if she wants to.


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 3

"Damnit! We should have stepped back, oh well, too late for regrets."

Derek quickly sings out the words for a spell to lend his comrades further speed, then he begins to orate, describing the battle as it happens.

Casting haste
Inspire courage +2, 3/21 Rounds used.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 6/6 | 2nd 5/5 | 3rd 4/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Inspired by his little brother's song and spell, Maddok roars a warcry and leaps into the water after his prey.

Stepping off the dock. Assuming there's nothing special about this water Maddok can't fail to tread water.

Rage 5/18

Primary: 1d20 + 12 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 12 + 5 = 28
Damage: 1d8 + 17 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 17 + 5 = 26
Iterative: 1d20 + 7 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 5 = 29
Damage: 1d8 + 17 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 17 + 5 = 30
Haste: 1d20 + 12 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 12 + 5 = 33
Damage: 1d8 + 17 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 17 + 5 = 24

The elemental is undeterred by its superior opponent and slams into it again.

Slam: 1d20 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 3 = 13
Damage: 1d4 + 3 + 1d3 ⇒ (2) + 3 + (2) = 7
Haste Slam: 1d20 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 3 = 10
Damage: 1d4 + 3 + 1d3 ⇒ (4) + 3 + (1) = 8


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 12 HP: 123/123 AC: 26 FF: 23, Touch: 22 F:+16, R:+12, W:+19 Perception:+18(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4 -1 level)

Xerath will total defense and wait to be saved by the party.

CMD is now 31


Maddok destroys the nearest chuul with Xerath's spear, leaving its carcass grounded on the bottom of the pool.

***

>>>Current Map<<<

Xerath is grappled, and currently held just above the water's surface. Chuul #1 is grappling, and is partially submerged (+8 bonus to AC from cover against non-swimming attackers).

Up next: Appario, Yahirma.

***

Note: I read the aquatic rules slightly wrong earlier; there's actually a +8 AC bonus (rather than the +4 I thought it was) when partially submerged, while full submersion is total cover (rather than the +8 I thought it was).


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

Appario will 5' step next to Derek (O3) and try to drive an arrow through the water and into the chitinous shell of the Chuul.

These are much less fun than jewels.

1d20 + 10 + 1 + 2 - 8 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 10 + 1 + 2 - 8 - 4 = 20 to hit; (cover, combat)
1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 2 = 9 damage;

1d20 + 10 + 1 + 2 - 8 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 10 + 1 + 2 - 8 - 4 = 17 to hit; (haste)
1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 2 = 7 damage;

1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 - 8 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 1 + 2 - 8 - 4 = 3 to hit;
1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 2 = 7 damage.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 6/6 | 2nd 5/5 | 3rd 4/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

If Maddok's attacks destroyed the chuul, the elemental will go swim over and make one attack on the other one (which I'm sure misses). He'll swim to the far side from the docks where the hag-spirit is.


One of Appario's arrows strike the grappling chuul, while the elemental misses with its attempt.

***

Map and information as above except Appario's and the elemental's moves.

Up next: Yahirma.


>>>Current Map<<<


Female Changeling (Mauxi Mwangi) Mwangi Spiritualist 11

Unfortunately, Yahirma cannot get line of sight for Misfortune. This won't stop the hag-spirit, but it does stop instantaneous effects.

Seeing Xerath being dragged off the pier (in reaction to being grappled), Yahirma utters an indistinctly enunciated syllable that allows Xerath's body to bend and slip out of the chuul's claw.

Liberating command - Xerath's Escape Artist check: 1d20 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 18 + 2 = 32

She then creeps down the stairs (M2), and magically spites the chuul from her position of cover (shouldn't need to cast defensively but automatically passes if she does). The hag-spirit, sensing a cursed target, tears into the aberration.

Ill omen on Chuul #1 for two rolls
Hag-spirit attack #1: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Hag-spirit attack #2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Nice job, spirit of feminine spite! Hopefully that Escape Artist check will get you out of the grapple, Xerath.


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 12 HP: 123/123 AC: 26 FF: 23, Touch: 22 F:+16, R:+12, W:+19 Perception:+18(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4 -1 level)

Did I ever mention how awesome you are?


Female Changeling (Mauxi Mwangi) Mwangi Spiritualist 11

Just a clarification: the liberating command was in response to the grapple in the first round, and it meant I have no swift action this during my recent round. That said, Misfortune should be recharged and ready to go against the chuuls. Anybody can feel free to use it this round to deny them saving throws, successful attacks, etc.


With his agility greatly enhanced by Yahirma's spell, Xerath twists his body and slips out of the chuul's grasp to splash into the water.

Swim check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

It's all he can do to tread water to avoid slipping beneath the surface.

The hag-spirit gets a couple of nice hits in on the chuul, which turns and attacks the two assailants at its back.

Claw attack #1 (vs elemental) (roll #1): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19
Claw attack #1 (vs elemental) (roll #2): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15

Claw damage #1: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (5, 3) + 7 = 15

Claw attack #2 vs the hag-spirit, no rolls necessary.

One claw snaps the water next to the elemental, while the other snaps through the force-hag without effect.

The chuul burbles something in frustration, and slips beneath the surface with a 5-ft step (leaving it completely submerged, and with total cover from those on land).

***

>>>Current Map<<<

Xerath and Maddok are treading water; the chuul is submerged.

Up next: The PCs.


Female Changeling (Mauxi Mwangi) Mwangi Spiritualist 11

This seems well enough in hand.

Yahirma reaches around the corner to try to give Xerath a helping hand, should he want to get out of the water. Meanwhile, the hag-spirit continues its assault.

Aid another to climb: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
Spirit's attack #1: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Spirit's attack #2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

Appario delays, awaiting the return of the chuul.

"Xerath, come out of the water! Or are you joining the school of chuul?"


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 6/6 | 2nd 5/5 | 3rd 4/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Rage 6/18

Maddok swims under the docked vessel with supernatural speed and jabs at the remaining chuul with Xerath's spear.

The elemental slams into it again as well.

Flanking with the elemental.

Primary w/ flank: 1d20 + 12 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 12 + 5 + 2 = 31
Damage: 1d8 + 17 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 17 + 5 = 28

Slam: 1d20 + 6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 3 + 2 = 16
Damage: 1d4 + 3 + 1d3 ⇒ (3) + 3 + (3) = 9

Haste Slam: 1d20 + 6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 3 + 2 = 13
Damage: 1d4 + 3 + 1d3 ⇒ (1) + 3 + (3) = 7


Maddok can't get far enough to strike the chuul; the most he can swim as a move action is a quarter of his hasted speed (= 15 ft), which only gets him to N4.

***

The hag-spirit and the elemental both miss with their attacks.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 6/6 | 2nd 5/5 | 3rd 4/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Wouldn't 15' get me to M4 and thus 10 feet from the Chuul (with a reach weapon?) If not, Maddok will double move to threaten the chuul.

Edit: Just realized that adjacent wouldn't work.


Maddok can't move diagonally through the landing (or more accurately, through the poles supporting said landing), so he has to start his movement by going to P4, then to O4 and N4 to complete the 15 ft of movement :)

Adjacent seems like a poor choice, since that gives the chuul an AoO, and also means Maddok won't be able to use the spear to attack it unless he or it moves next turn.


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 12 HP: 123/123 AC: 26 FF: 23, Touch: 22 F:+16, R:+12, W:+19 Perception:+18(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4 -1 level)

Xerath climbs back to dry land with Yahirma's attempt to aid him. He then readies a spell for when the Chuul shows itself again.

Concentration: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22

Magic Missile
5d4 + 5 ⇒ (3, 4, 4, 3, 4) + 5 = 23


The chuul attempts to swipe Xerath back into the water with one claw as he climbs back onto the landing.

Claw AoO: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26
AoO damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (1, 6) + 7 = 14

The claw hits, dealing another 14 damage, and threatens to grab hold once more.

CMB to grab: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (15) + 19 = 34
Constrict damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (3, 1) + 7 = 11

The claw grabs hold around Xerath, deals 11 further damage, and pulls him beneath the surface.

***

Xerath can choose a different standard action :)

Up next: Appario's delayed action, Xerath's standard action (he's currently grappled and submerged), and Derek.


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 3

Damn, back to being unable to help. I don't fancy trying to swim, I can't shoot...what's left? Better focus on inspiration and hope Big brother has got this.

Inspire courage +2, 4/21 Rounds used.


Female Changeling (Mauxi Mwangi) Mwangi Spiritualist 11

Yahirma tries what she can to deflect the incoming attack against Xerath.

Misfortune reroll on the attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18


The chuul's claw scrapes the cavern wall as it shoots towards Xerath, causing just enough of a distraction that it misses. A dripping wet Xerath gets safely back onto the landing.

(removing all the damage from the AoO and constrict)

***

Hmm, I forgot ill omen for that AoO. Since the misfortune caused a miss, I'll use the second ill omen roll for the chuul's turn instead.

***

The submerged chuul turns its attention to the spear-wielding swimmer.

Claw attack #1 (roll #1): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16
Claw attack #1 (roll #2): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29

Claw damage #1: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (1, 1) + 7 = 9

The first attack misses.

Claw attack #2: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25
Claw damage #2: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (2, 4) + 7 = 13

The second claw hits Maddok, dealing 13 damage to the swimming warrior. The chuul then attempts to snap its pincers shut around him.

CMB to grab: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (13) + 19 = 32
Constrict damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (4, 6) + 7 = 17

It succeeds, dealing another 17 damage as the claw constricts around Maddok's waist and pulls him close.

***

>>>Current Map<<<

Maddok and the chuul are submerged and grappling.

Up next: The PCs.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 6/6 | 2nd 5/5 | 3rd 4/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

So much for Plan A.

Rage 7/18

Finding himself unable to bring the spear to bear, Maddok wrestles with the clawed monster. He releases Xerath's spear, draws his own dagger and, while gripping the dagger in his teeth, tries to turn the tables on his attacker.

Trying to take control of the grapple.

Grapple: 1d20 + 16 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 16 + 6 = 41

The elemental continues slamming into the chuul's armored form.

Slam: 1d20 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 3 = 29
Damage: 1d4 + 3 + 1d3 ⇒ (1) + 3 + (3) = 7

Hasted Slam: 1d20 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 3 = 29
Damage: 1d4 + 3 + 1d3 ⇒ (4) + 3 + (1) = 8

Confirming: 1d20 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 3 = 21
Additional Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Confirming: 1d20 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 3 = 22
Additional Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Wow... 2 Fort saves. CMD is 29 right now.


While Maddok's strength pulls the pincers from his waist, instead giving him the upper hand in the grapple, the unassuming elemental slams into the chuul's head until it floats lifeless to the bottom, its heavy carcass threatening to pull Maddok down along with it.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 6/6 | 2nd 5/5 | 3rd 4/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Heh, that was anticlimactic.

Is it dead? Do I need to free myself further?


It's dead. You just need a free action to end the grapple.. of course, letting it pull you down puts you right next to the spear you dropped, so you can bring that back up to Xerath :)

Edit: And there will be more chances for climactic endings to encounters during this dungeon!


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 12 HP: 123/123 AC: 26 FF: 23, Touch: 22 F:+16, R:+12, W:+19 Perception:+18(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4 -1 level)

My poor spear. :(


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 6/6 | 2nd 5/5 | 3rd 4/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Convenient! Well assuming it isn't super deep...

Maddok rides the chuul's dead weight to the bottom of the underground lake. Spotting Xerath's spear, he snatches it up before swimming back to the surface. Breaching with a gasp, Maddok climbs back onto the dock.

"Thank you", Maddok says offering the sorcerer back his ichor-coated weapon. "It is a fine weapon but I think something else might suit you better..."

Maddok examines the boat and then climbs in to test its sturdiness. He waits for the others to join him before trying the attached push-pole.

The big Shoanti calls out to his valiant ice spirit.

Aquan wrote:
"Brother, I must ask one more boon of you. Swim ahead and see how far this lake goes."

It's cool. I hadn't expected the elemental to do much damage all of sudden.


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 12 HP: 123/123 AC: 26 FF: 23, Touch: 22 F:+16, R:+12, W:+19 Perception:+18(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4 -1 level)

"What's wrong with my current weapon?"


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 6/6 | 2nd 5/5 | 3rd 4/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Maddok shakes his head, "You misunderstand. As I said, it's a fine weapon, the head is sharp and the haft well-balanced."

"But a weapon, the right weapon, should mirror the wielder's spirit. The spear is a good weapon and unwieldy in unskilled hands but obvious in its purpose. Bluehood should carry weapon that is both veiled and deadly."

"Perhaps when I have some time at the forge..."


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 12 HP: 123/123 AC: 26 FF: 23, Touch: 22 F:+16, R:+12, W:+19 Perception:+18(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4 -1 level)

"What kind of weapon are you talking about?"


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

Appario lowers his bow and restores it on his back, then reattaches his heavy shield.

"Nice work, Maddok. Let's move on."


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 6/6 | 2nd 5/5 | 3rd 4/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

"I have some ideas but now is not the time for planning such a thing. The Lord of Shadows hides down here somewhere. We should not keep him waiting."

Maddok and Xerath could also use some wanding from Derek and/or Yahirma.


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 12 HP: 123/123 AC: 26 FF: 23, Touch: 22 F:+16, R:+12, W:+19 Perception:+18(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4 -1 level)

"Understood."


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 3

Derek chuckles a little at that.
"Indeed not, when he is so kind as to provide is with this much entertainment, we would be rude to keep him waiting."

Derek produces the wand and taps Xerath and Maddok twice each.

Cure serious wounds Xerath: 3d8 + 5 ⇒ (3, 3, 6) + 5 = 17
Cure serious wounds Xerath: 3d8 + 5 ⇒ (1, 5, 4) + 5 = 15

Cure serious wounds Maddok: 3d8 + 5 ⇒ (5, 6, 1) + 5 = 17
Cure serious wounds Maddok: 3d8 + 5 ⇒ (4, 3, 5) + 5 = 17

Need more?


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 12 HP: 123/123 AC: 26 FF: 23, Touch: 22 F:+16, R:+12, W:+19 Perception:+18(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4 -1 level)

"And the last thing we would wand to do is be rude."


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 6/6 | 2nd 5/5 | 3rd 4/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Xerath only needs one hit from the wand. That'll leave him down 4 hp which Yahirma can get with her wand of Cure Light.

"Gratitude little brother", Maddok says as the wounds along his torso mend.

How many charges are left on that wand?


The elemental swims away towards the south-east, and soon moves beyond sight. It never returns.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 6/6 | 2nd 5/5 | 3rd 4/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

After the minutes pass and the elemental never returns Maddok grows concerned.

He asks the spirits to protect him from harm and pushes the boat away from the dock towards the south-east.

Shield: 1d100 ⇒ 61

I'm assuming everyone has piled into the boat at this point.

"Be at the ready. Something else may lurk within the water."


Maddok finds the boat fairly easy to maneuver, but it's not the fastest craft one could imagine. He's able to push it 20 ft forward each round (10 ft with one move action).

***

When the boat has reached a decent distance from the dock, approaching the narrower section of water headed east, an arrow suddenly comes out of nowhere towards Appario.

Shortbow attack: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (19) + 19 = 38 (vs flat-footed AC)
Shortbow damage: 1d6 + 7 + 7d6 ⇒ (1) + 7 + (6, 6, 3, 2, 6, 4, 6) = 41 (+7d6: sneak attack)

Appario takes 41 damage from the arrow, and the wound bleeds profusely.

Sniping stealth: 1d20 + 40 - 20 ⇒ (18) + 40 - 20 = 38 (-20: sniping)
Perception (Appario): 1d20 + 12 - 6 ⇒ (11) + 12 - 6 = 17 (-6: distance)
Perception (Derek): 1d20 + 10 - 6 ⇒ (7) + 10 - 6 = 11 (-6: distance)
Perception (Maddok): 1d20 + 6 - 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 - 6 = 10 (-6: distance)
Perception (Xerath): 1d20 + 5 - 6 ⇒ (8) + 5 - 6 = 7 (-6: distance)
Perception (Yahirma): 1d20 + 2 - 6 ⇒ (7) + 2 - 6 = 3 (-6: distance)

There's no sign of whoever shot the arrow.

***

>>>Current Map<<<

Up next: The PCs. Appario takes 7 points of bleed damage at the beginning of his turn unless he receives healing before then.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 6/6 | 2nd 5/5 | 3rd 4/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Were we able to spot where the arrow came from at least?

Maddok curses as the party comes under attack again. He searches, in vain, for a sign of the attacker.


Okay, I'm in a kind mood :)

***

The arrow came from somewhere ahead and upwards, perhaps from one of the platforms Appario noticed earlier.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 6/6 | 2nd 5/5 | 3rd 4/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

How many such platforms are there? If we put a Glitterdust up there could we hit multiple platforms?


They're pretty haphazardly placed, but there's approximately 20-25 ft between each.

7,501 to 7,550 of 10,845 << first < prev | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM CH-P's CoT: The Bastards of Erebus All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.