Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM CH-P's CoT: The Bastards of Erebus

Game Master Are


7,451 to 7,500 of 10,990 << first < prev | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | next > last >>

The hound next to Appario takes a swipe of its jaws against Maddok as the warrior moves past.

Bite AoO: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
AoO damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Its teeth slide into Maddok, dealing 10 damage, and attempt to tear him to the ground.

CMB to trip: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

But it fails to do so, and Maddok crushes the other hound with a single strong blow.

***

>>>Current Map<<<

Up next: Appario, Derek, Xerath, Yahirma.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Maddok could have gotten there without provoking. I guess I need to specify those things?


Oh, you mean by moving through Derek's space. Yes, I think mentioning that would have been wise :)


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Yahirma's wand thanks you. =P

Maddok levels his gore-caked hammer at his foe in a promise of what was to come.


Mostly because I may not (as in this case) notice the non-provoking option. Feel free to have moved non-provocatively :)


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Map!


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

Appario will 5' step to Z9 and continue his assault.

1d20 + 15 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 15 + 1 + 2 = 30 to hit;
1d10 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 6 + (4) = 11 damage;

1d20 + 10 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 10 + 1 + 2 = 30 to hit;
1d10 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 6 + (6) = 13 damage;

1d20 + 15 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 15 + 1 + 2 = 38 to hit;
1d10 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 6 + (1) = 8 damage;

Potential Crit #1:

1d20 + 10 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 1 + 2 = 23 to hit;
1d10 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 damage;

Potential Crit #2:

1d20 + 15 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 15 + 1 + 2 = 32 to hit;
1d10 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 damage;

Sheesh, 54 to #10, time to update the map.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Extortion sings as Appario's quick and decisive blows cut the flanked mastiff into bits.

Map!

Still up for this round: Xerath, Yahirma, and Derek.


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 12 HP: 123/123(+11) AC: 30 FF: 23, Touch: 22 F:+16, R:+12, W:+19 Perception:+18(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4, False Life, Freedom of Movement, Remove Fear, Resist Energy

Xerath moves to AC7 and strikes Mastiff #11.

Power Attack: 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 10 - 2 + 1 = 22

1d8 + 3 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 6 + 2 = 17


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

"Come get your food doggies, the house special today is stabbing pain, come get it while it's hot!"

Derek stays back, knowing that he works better if he does not get too far ahead of the others, especially his big brother and his mighty hammer.

Delay


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Xerath wounds the shadowy mastiff with his arcane-empowered spear but doesn't put it down.

Map

Up for this round: Yahirma


Female Changeling (Mauxi Mwangi) Mwangi Spiritualist 12

Though magically quick on her feet, Yahirma sees little reason to move farther than to AC8, where she again readies her staff—this time to unbalance any hound that approaches.

Readied action to aid Xerath's AC: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Unless a greater threat crops up (and should you be waiting for Yahirma's turn), she will be following just behind the front line getting ready to bonk any canine that approaches and using Misfortune to upset any umbral offensive.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

The hound Xerath stabbed steps forward and snaps at the sorcerer.

#11 Bite: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

But is stymied by Xerath's magical protections and Yahirma's protective 'bonk'.

Another hound moves in to aid its packmate and risks Xerath's spear.

AoO from Xerath: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
AoO damage: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

#13 Bite: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

The hooded man's defensive blow wounds the beast enough for it to miss with its own attack.

The final two hounds attack as well, one charging Appario and the other moving in to attack Maddok.

#12 Bite w/ Charge: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
#14 Bite: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Both lock their jaws on armor they find too tough to penetrate or layers of magical defenses.

Map

***

Maddok bats the hound's ill-placed attack away and brings his hammer down with crushing force.

Rage 4/18

Primary: 1d20 + 17 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 17 + 1 = 28
Damage: 1d6 + 23 ⇒ (5) + 23 = 28

Iterative: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 12 + 1 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 23 ⇒ (5) + 23 = 28

Haste: 1d20 + 17 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 17 + 1 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 23 ⇒ (5) + 23 = 28

His first two blows crack the mastiff's skull and shatter its neck. His third blow bludgeons the one assaulting Appario soundly. Maddok takes a step forward.

Map

All three remaining hounds are wounded.

Up next: Yahirma, Xerath, Appario, Derek.


Female Changeling (Mauxi Mwangi) Mwangi Spiritualist 12

Ouch, that's some painful positioning.

Yahirma stands ready to move out of Xerath's way—ideally once Hound #14 falls.


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 12 HP: 123/123(+11) AC: 30 FF: 23, Touch: 22 F:+16, R:+12, W:+19 Perception:+18(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4, False Life, Freedom of Movement, Remove Fear, Resist Energy

Being surrounded left him litle choice as Xerath attempts concentrate on a spell.

Concentration Check: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20 Success

Magical glowing dust appears out of nowhere and covers Mastiff 11 and 13, threatening to blind them.

DC 17 Will Saves from the Glitterdust.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

#13 Will Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
#14 Will Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

The hounds' ferocious snarls turn to whimpers as the explosion of sparkling glitter robs them of their sight.

All three remaining hounds are wounded. #13 and #14 are blind.

Up next: Appario, Derek.


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

Time to really see what this speed can do!

Crouching low, Derek takes a step forward and then violently uncurls his body to full height as he thrusts forward with the trident, then violently swinging it from side to side in an attempt to catch and rend the hounds flesh.

Primary attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Extra primary attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Secondary Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

Appario will dance to AA15, striking at the blind mastiff #13, before ending up in AC15 (provoking from #12...vs. AC 30).

1d20 + 15 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 15 + 1 + 2 = 32 to hit;
1d10 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 6 + (2) = 16 damage.


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 12 HP: 123/123(+11) AC: 30 FF: 23, Touch: 22 F:+16, R:+12, W:+19 Perception:+18(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4, False Life, Freedom of Movement, Remove Fear, Resist Energy

Having just been reminded that scent negates being concealment, I will retcon my action and just fire off magic missiles. Which means Appario wouldn't have gotten sneak attack anyway.

#12: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

#13: 4d4 + 4 ⇒ (1, 2, 4, 2) + 4 = 13


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Xerath's arcane missile distracts the mastiff long enough for Derek's deft blows with the Mhartis heirloom weapon to strike it down.

The remaining missiles collide with one of the hounds and combined with Appario's blow nearly bring the shadowy canine to its knees... nearly.

Yahirma steps back and prepares to swing her staff defensively should the hounds pursue the sorcerer.

Aid Defense for Xerath: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

The two hounds snarl and attack those that last hit them.

#11 Bite vs Appario: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
#13 Bite vs Xerath: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Neither of their jaws meet soft flesh although Xerath just barely evades harm due to his supernatural speed and Yahirma's warding staff.

***

Sensing the battle is under control, Maddok calms himself and allows his primal fury to bleed away.

End Rage. Fatigue 1/8

His steps forward and attacks, aiming to finish off the two wounded mastiffs.

Primary: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31
Damage: 1d6 + 18 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 18 - 2 = 22

Iterative: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Damage: 1d6 + 18 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 18 - 2 = 21

Haste: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 18 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 18 - 2 = 19

The first blow causes the hound last struck by Appario to crumple and the last causes the final mastiff to reel in pain.

Xerath steps back and strikes it down with his spear.

Xerath attack w/ flanking via Appario: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 2 = 20
1d8 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

No more active enemies.

Maddok surveys the battlefield.

"Well struck little brother. It appears your time training with the Antuin and your new 'gifts' are showing their effects."

The big Shoanti also reflects on the power Xerath's blows had behind them.

"Did you enchant yourself with a new spell? I don't recall seeing so much weight behind those attacks with your spear last time you wielded it."

Do we want to assume we take the time to chase down and finish off the sad blinded hounds?

Edit: Bah, I had Xerath finish off the last one after I realized it wasn't quite dead but had already written post-battle RP.


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 12 HP: 123/123(+11) AC: 30 FF: 23, Touch: 22 F:+16, R:+12, W:+19 Perception:+18(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4, False Life, Freedom of Movement, Remove Fear, Resist Energy

"My brush with death has changed me. Let's leave it at that for now. And thank you Yahirma for your aid."


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

"Can I suggest we do not linger too long? The howls will have drawn attention; we may not want to be here when the Dottari...or even Hellknights arrive."

"...I will admit it felt rather good to fight like that, few things are as satisfying as finding the goal you worked towards achieved."


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

The big Shoanti nods in agreement and then leads the group into the building through Ophal's house and to the stairs leading down to the basement.


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

Appario pads along, following the group.


The building appears deserted; the group faces no opposition on their way to the staircase or on their way below. After descending at least 50 ft into the darkness, with only the Morrowfall providing light to guide their steps, the group finally reaches the narrow stone landing at the end of the staircase. Moored to the platform's edge is a flat-bottomed boat fitted with a pole for pushing it.

Opening before them is a huge natural grotto, with a murky pool covering the cavern floor. There's no telling how deep the dark waters go, although judging by the length of the boat's pushing pole it's likely no more than 20 ft to the bottom. The ceiling of the grotto soars 30 ft overhead through a maze of stalactites. The Morrowfall's light and Appario's keen eyes reveal a number of platforms about 20 ft up among these stalactites.

A water-filled tunnel 10 ft in height and width exits to the north, past a set of rusty iron bars. Barely seen, even with the Morrowfall's guidance, is the cavern's extension to the south-east.

***

>>>Overview Map<<<


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

"Best be careful, we've seen that hidden dangers love to lurk underneath the surface...eh Appario?"


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Maddok nods at his little brother's suggestion, "The spirits will lend their aid."

Shoanti:
"Spirits of the North Wind - whose chill sends all life to slumber, Maddok of the Hawk Clan calls upon you! Send one of your servants, a herald of snow and Winter's frost."

Four small roughly humanoid shapes made of dark ice appear on the water's surface.

1/5 Summon Monster. Summoning 4 small ice elemetals.

Aquan:
"Brothers, search this lake for anything dangerous or valuable. Be wary, this place is full of deadly foes."


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

At the site of the ice elementals, Appario nods at Derek knowingly.

He's probably thinking exactly what I'm thinking.


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

Chuckling a little as he nods back at Appario, Derek can't help but suspect that there is a storm of puns coming soon.


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

"So yeah...we should totally get some of the ice e's to keep our beer and ale cold, don't you think? A few of them swimming in our barrels will keep them cold. Our customers will love it. Right?"


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Maddok ignores the puns directed at the noble spirits and watches the ripples as they drift through the water.


The elementals spread out to cover a larger area of the cavern's water, and it doesn't take long before the ripples of other, larger creatures also show on the water's surface. A pair of lobster-like creatures with thick, armored shells break the surface near two of the elementals. Tiny eyes gleam above mouths full of writhing tentacles, and huge pincers seek to snap the elementals in half.

***

Knowledge (dungeoneering) DC 17:

These creatures are Aberrations known as Chuuls. They are predators usually found in shallow ponds, where they hide near the bottom until prey appears. They then burst from their spots of concealment to snatch prey and drag them back underwater to eat.

Chuuls are fairly slow, but good swimmers. They are amphibious, and often make their way onto land in their search for prey. They can also see in the dark.

A chuul can catch and hold victims in their constricting claws.

They are surprisingly intelligent, and speak a burbling Common among themselves. They are, however, not likely to speak to members of any other race.

Aberration traits are also revealed.

Knowledge (dungeoneering) DC 22:

As above, plus: Chuuls are immune to poison, and are efficient fighters even when facing concealed foes.

Once a chuul has a victim trapped in a claw, it can transfer that victim to be held by the tentacles around its mouth. The tentacles exude a paralytic secretion, and in addition the creature's mandibles begin chewing on the held victim.

***

Initiative checks:

Appario: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Derek: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Maddok: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Xerath: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Yahirma: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Chuuls: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Current Initiative order:
22 - Appario
21 - Yahirma
18 - Chuuls
14 - Derek
13 - Maddok w/elementals
3 - Xerath

***

>>>Current Map<<<

Up first: Appario and Yahirma, then the Chuuls.


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

Knowledge dungeoneering: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

"Chuuls! Don't let them trap you in their claws!"


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Maddok calls out to the elementals.

Aquan:
"Withdraw brothers. Draw those creatures back to us!"


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

In the interest of moving things along once I go to work I'll state Dereks action now.

Once Derek recovers from the shock of seeing TRUE Abominations like those he quickly finds his voice and in rapid succession sings out a spell, followed by a proud declamation of imminent victory.

Casting haste.
Inspire courage +2, 3/21 Rounds used.


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

Round 1, Init 22

"What? Jewels?! WHERE!?"

Appario delays, alerted and confused.


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 12 HP: 123/123(+11) AC: 30 FF: 23, Touch: 22 F:+16, R:+12, W:+19 Perception:+18(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4, False Life, Freedom of Movement, Remove Fear, Resist Energy

"He said Chuuls, not jewels, you greedy idiot."


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

"What? 'Chule'? Ah...not jewel? Damn fool. At least it's not ghouls."

Appario will draw his bow and nock an arrow, readying to shoot a "chule" when one is seen.

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27 to hit;
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 damage.


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 12 HP: 123/123(+11) AC: 30 FF: 23, Touch: 22 F:+16, R:+12, W:+19 Perception:+18(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4, False Life, Freedom of Movement, Remove Fear, Resist Energy

"Sigh..." Xerath contemplates jumping into the water. Dealing with a Chuul was way more desirable than dealing with a fool.


Female Changeling (Mauxi Mwangi) Mwangi Spiritualist 12

Interested herself in landing these creatures in reach of her allies, Yahirma readies herself to call the hag-spirit to herd the chuuls to the dock.

Delay until we see if the chuuls are willing to approach on their own. If what remains of the ice elementals cannot lure them in, Yahirma will cast spiritual ally behind Chuul #2 to drive it towards us.


Both chuuls move towards the ice elementals closest to them and attack (with reach) while remaining partially submerged.

Claw attack #1 (vs elemental #1): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31
Claw attack #2 (vs elemental #4): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17

Claw damage #1: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (5, 6) + 7 = 18
Claw damage #2: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (6, 2) + 7 = 15

Both chuuls hit with their claws, leaving one elemental dead. The injured elemental faces another trial, as the chuul attempts to grab hold and constrict.

CMB to grab: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (13) + 19 = 32
Constrict damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (1, 2) + 7 = 10

It too succumbs, as the chuul's pincers snap it in half.

***

>>>Current Map<<<

Up next: The PCs. Derek and Appario can change their pre-stated actions if they wish.

Note: The elementals are currently too far away to be affected by Derek's haste.


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

Seeing the enemy well out of range, Derek reaches back and retrieves his darkwood bow, reflecting on the fact that he might want to consider upgrading it at some point.

"Let's see what you've got old girl..."

Attack against Chul #1: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

The remaining frozen elementals heed Maddok's warning and gracefully swim towards the party.

Double Move until they're up adjacent to the dock closer to Maddok.

Maddok looks on and realizes he has no way to attack the creatures at range.

"Xerath, I have need of your spear."

Spoke to Xerath, he said it was okay.

Taking the polearm in hand, Maddok readies to strike if the monsters come within range.

Readied Longspear Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26
Damage: 1d8 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Xerath's in the process of moving into a new apartment and he'll be heading into work after that. He asked me to post his turn in his stead.

Xerath mutters an arcane verse and with a brief gesture, sends a volley of arcane missiles into one of the aberrant monsters.

Targeting whichever one is hurt by Derek and/or Appario's shots.

Magic Missiles: 5d4 + 5 ⇒ (3, 3, 1, 4, 1) + 5 = 17


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

Round 3

Appario delays until he can see a bad guy to shoot.

When they do pop up, Appario will come out of delay to take his full, hasted turn.


Appario: It's still round 1 (that's why I asked if you and Derek wanted to change your pre-stated actions). The chuuls are visible, but they're partially submerged (granting a +4 bonus to AC for cover from land-based attacks). Since Derek elected not to cast haste after all, Appario won't get a hasted turn (unless Derek casts haste later).

Anyway, since Appario has moved all the way to round 3, I'll assume he's going to keep his originally stated action for round 1 :)

***

Both Appario's and Derek's arrows hit the chuul, as does Xerath's force missiles.

***

Map as above, except the two remaining ice elementals are now beside the stone landing.

Up next: Yahirma's delayed action (round 1).


Female Changeling (Mauxi Mwangi) Mwangi Spiritualist 12

Noting that dockside real estate will be at a premium, Yahirma moves to M1 on the stairs, where it appears she will have a respectable view of the water without being in anyone's way.

No other action until after the chuuls, so my turn is done.


The chuuls, being just as intelligent as the average human, duck below the surface to stay out of sight from those firing arrows and missiles. The few slow-moving ripples suggest they're moving in the general direction of the group.

***

>>>Current Map<<<

Up next: The PCs (round 2).


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

I'm going to use quotes instead of spoilers for other languages from now on. I think it looks better.

Maddok issues directions to the frozen spirits and holds Xerath's spear at the ready.

Aquan wrote:
"Brothers, where are they? Hold until they close and then strike!"

The elementals ready to attack when the chuuls get within range, using a 5-foot step if necessary.

#1 Readied Slam: 1d20 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 3 = 15
Damage: 1d4 + 4 + 1d3 ⇒ (1) + 4 + (3) = 8

#2 Readied Slam: 1d20 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 3 = 25
Damage: 1d4 + 4 + 1d3 ⇒ (3) + 4 + (2) = 9

Each one that hits has a DC 12 fort save vs staggered that goes with it. Maddok will delay until they reappear.


Female Changeling (Mauxi Mwangi) Mwangi Spiritualist 12

Yahirma waits for just the right moment to call her ally, though she remains wary of the grasping claws of the cunning crustaceans.

Readied action to spring the spiritual ally behind a chuul when it surfaces to attack
Spiritual ally: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32
Critical confirmation: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Critical damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
At the moment, Misfortune is the immediate action of choice for an enemy attack. I can bring liberating command to bear if need be.

7,451 to 7,500 of 10,990 << first < prev | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM CH-P's CoT: The Bastards of Erebus All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.