Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM CH-P's CoT: The Bastards of Erebus

Game Master Are


7,201 to 7,250 of 10,874 << first < prev | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | next > last >>

Ancient Shoanti War Spirit 12 | 148/148 hp + 81/81 temps, Init +2, AC 33 (39 with barkskin and shield, +1 near Derek) [touch 15, FF 31], Fort +18, Ref +11, Will +14; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 6/6 | 2nd 5/5 | 3rd 4/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Very good thing! Time to set off all the traps/ambushes.

The Beast thunders across the room and tears the door open.


The Beast encounters no traps as it thunders across flimsy chairs that splinter into thousands of pieces in the process. The door opens easily. Beyond it, The Beast sees a room that's littered with assorted old blankets and tattered bedrolls. There's an open door further south.

Each of the four in the room, two men and two women, are dirty and dressed in rags, as if they were homeless vagrants who chose this room as their home for the day. They all turn in surprise from their huddled conversation, and look wide-eyed at the unexpected arrival of The Beast.

***

>>>Current Map<<<


Ancient Shoanti War Spirit 12 | 148/148 hp + 81/81 temps, Init +2, AC 33 (39 with barkskin and shield, +1 near Derek) [touch 15, FF 31], Fort +18, Ref +11, Will +14; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 6/6 | 2nd 5/5 | 3rd 4/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Not sure what to make of these humans, Shu-Ak’eh-Di looses a stone-splitting roar and beats his chest watching for one of them to draw a weapon.


They flinch from the roar, but after exchanging looks they draw weapons in unison; three draw rapiers while one pulls a hand crossbow from beneath her ragged shirt.

The three drawing rapiers ready their swords for The Beast's move into the room.

***

>>>Current Map<<<


Ancient Shoanti War Spirit 12 | 148/148 hp + 81/81 temps, Init +2, AC 33 (39 with barkskin and shield, +1 near Derek) [touch 15, FF 31], Fort +18, Ref +11, Will +14; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 6/6 | 2nd 5/5 | 3rd 4/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Ah ha! The roar of truth-revealing works again!

Should I wait for the others to catch up or just flatten these guys so we can move on?


What would The Beast do?


Ancient Shoanti War Spirit 12 | 148/148 hp + 81/81 temps, Init +2, AC 33 (39 with barkskin and shield, +1 near Derek) [touch 15, FF 31], Fort +18, Ref +11, Will +14; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 6/6 | 2nd 5/5 | 3rd 4/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Flatten them of course but I'm certain the others would have gotten inside by now and might want to get in on the flattening.


True :)

Yes, anyone who wants to steal The Beast's dubious glory for themselves may do so; everyone is inside.


Ancient Shoanti War Spirit 12 | 148/148 hp + 81/81 temps, Init +2, AC 33 (39 with barkskin and shield, +1 near Derek) [touch 15, FF 31], Fort +18, Ref +11, Will +14; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 6/6 | 2nd 5/5 | 3rd 4/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

There's nothing dubious about the Beast's glory!

Besides, it's well past your bedtime. Unless you wanted to get this encounter over with in a few posts before you get to sleep...


I'm not doing anything tomorrow :)

***

>>>Current Map<<<

Up next: The PCs.


Ancient Shoanti War Spirit 12 | 148/148 hp + 81/81 temps, Init +2, AC 33 (39 with barkskin and shield, +1 near Derek) [touch 15, FF 31], Fort +18, Ref +11, Will +14; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 6/6 | 2nd 5/5 | 3rd 4/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

I'm a terrible influence.

As the humans reveal themselves to be willing to do battle, Shu-Ak’eh-Di steps forward inviting them to strike the first blows.

The hulking bestial spirit strikes back with hammer, hooves, and horns.

Half damage still. Starting with any that manage to hit him.

Primary: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31
Primary Dmg: 1d6 + 19 ⇒ (4) + 19 = 23
Iterative: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Iterative Dmg: 1d6 + 19 ⇒ (2) + 19 = 21
Hoof I: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 1 = 10
Hoof I Dmg: 1d4 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 1 = 8
Hoof II: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 1 = 17
Hoof II Dmg: 1d4 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 1 = 10
Horns: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 1 = 14
Horns Dmg: 1d6 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 1 = 9


Readied attack #1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Readied attack #2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Readied attack #3: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Rapier damage #1: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Rapier damage #2: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Rapier damage #3: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

None of the feeble rapier-attacks have any chance at penetrating The Beast's thick hide, and in retaliation one of the humans is smashed to a pulp by the hulking warrior's hammer, while another suffers under its horns.

***

>>>Current Map<<<

Up next: Appario, Derek, Xerath, Yahirma.


Ancient Shoanti War Spirit 12 | 148/148 hp + 81/81 temps, Init +2, AC 33 (39 with barkskin and shield, +1 near Derek) [touch 15, FF 31], Fort +18, Ref +11, Will +14; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 6/6 | 2nd 5/5 | 3rd 4/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Wow, now I feel bad. They should have surrendered! When a ten foot table wall muscle roars at you, your first instinct shouldn't be to draw a weapon. =(

The Beast continues his rampage against these unworthy foes that dare stand before him.

Half Damage.

Primary: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35
Primary Dmg: 1d6 + 19 ⇒ (3) + 19 = 22
Iterative: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
Iterative Dmg: 1d6 + 19 ⇒ (6) + 19 = 25
Hoof I: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 1 = 28
Hoof I Dmg: 1d4 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 1 = 8
Hoof II: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 1 = 26
Hoof II Dmg: 1d4 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 1 = 11
Horns: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 1 = 15
Horns Dmg: 1d6 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 1 = 13

Confirming: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25
Additional Dmg: 1d6 + 19 ⇒ (6) + 19 = 25


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 12 HP: 123/123(+11) AC: 30 FF: 23, Touch: 22 F:+16, R:+12, W:+19 Perception:+18(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4, False Life

Xerath engages one of the foolish rogues and strikes with his spear.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Their first instinct definitely wasn't, but their desire to become full members of the guild (plus not wanting to appear weak to the other novices) took over.

***

Once The Beast and Xerath finish mopping up the novice thieves posing as homeless vagrants and move on into the hallway to the south, they get the questionable pleasure of mopping up several more that come running to aid. After destroying about half of these, the remaining few abandon all prospects of joining the guild and run out of the mansion and away into the city.

***

I'm going to handle the remaining exploration quickly and efficiently; exploration post coming up shortly.


Ancient Shoanti War Spirit 12 | 148/148 hp + 81/81 temps, Init +2, AC 33 (39 with barkskin and shield, +1 near Derek) [touch 15, FF 31], Fort +18, Ref +11, Will +14; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 6/6 | 2nd 5/5 | 3rd 4/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Exploration summary sounds good. What were they level 2 rogues?

The Beast crushes his enemies and sees them driven before him.


The hallway from the "homeless shelter" leads to the plaza in front of the building's main entrance. A second hallway leads east, into a second "shelter" just like the previous one. A room north of the eastern shelter is simply a storage chamber for more watercasks and cheap foodstuffs.

***

The main entrance doors open to a reception chamber of sorts. Moth-eaten red velvet curtains drape the walls surrounding the chamber. A large oaken table stands in the center of the room, but far more interesting is what lies on top of it.

On the scarred surface of the table lies the corpse of an old man, only barely recognizable to Appario as Vassindio Drovenge. His body has been mangled and mutilated by cuts and slashes too numerous to count, and every inch of skin has been flayed from it. A pool of congealed blood lies on the floor beneath the table.

The body looks fresh still, as if he only died yesterday, but you heard of his death around two months ago. Magical investigation reveals that some sort of necromantic spell has been placed upon the corpse to preserve its freshness.

***

The five chambers along the northern hallway (at J10-J21) are all well-kept but spartan bedchambers. Each contains a potion of cure moderate wounds.

The chamber at the end of the hallway (at I22-K23) must have once been a well-stocked armory, but only a few dozen mundane weapons and suits of armor are currently within. A search turns up four magical flasks; three oils of keen edge and one vial of silversheen.

***

The door at T22 is swollen shut. Derek estimates that the door can't have been used in several decades, perhaps even a century. A strong man could break through it with a few tries, though.

***

That leaves only the smaller building around to the north, the hidden door apparently leading to it from I7 on the upper floor, the door that has been swollen shut for decades, and the spiral staircase leading to the dungeons.

***

>>>Upper Floor Overview Map<<<

>>>Ground Floor Overview Map<<<


"The Beast of War" wrote:
What were they level 2 rogues?

Exactly :)

***

During the course of the exploration, The Beast's form loses its shadow-trail and becomes substantial again, while Yahirma's rope stops levitating.


Ancient Shoanti War Spirit 12 | 148/148 hp + 81/81 temps, Init +2, AC 33 (39 with barkskin and shield, +1 near Derek) [touch 15, FF 31], Fort +18, Ref +11, Will +14; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 6/6 | 2nd 5/5 | 3rd 4/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20
Are wrote:
A strong man could break through it with a few tries, though.

Shu-Ak’eh-Di isn't a man but he's male. That'll have to be close enough.

The Beast lines up and slams into the stuck door with a crash.


Certainly; I was simply giving you the opportunity to not go through, since it apparently hadn't been used for a very long time, but I suppose such concerns aren't usually at the forefront of an adventurer's mind :)

***

The Beast easily breaks through the door with a few strong shoulder-tackles. More than an inch of previously undisturbed dust layers the floor of the hallway beyond. A door in the opposite end of the hallway likely leads outside, and is similarly swollen shut.

Two storage rooms connected to the hallway are similarly filled with dust, but these also contain an abundance of worm-eaten furniture, rusted equipment, and other assorted junk, as well as the occasional rat skeleton and dried rat droppings.

Appario finds a concealed door in the eastern wall of the easternmost storage room.

***

>>>Current Map<<<


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

"Lookee here, a door."

Appario checks the door with his lens before opening.

1d20 + 11 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 11 + 5 = 21 Perception (+1 vs. traps)


Ancient Shoanti War Spirit 12 | 148/148 hp + 81/81 temps, Init +2, AC 33 (39 with barkskin and shield, +1 near Derek) [touch 15, FF 31], Fort +18, Ref +11, Will +14; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 6/6 | 2nd 5/5 | 3rd 4/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Bah, adventurers have no time for details like that!

The Beast looks around the long rotted storeroom for worthy foes.


Female Changeling (Mauxi Mwangi) Mwangi Spiritualist 12

"I trust it is safe to open?" calls Yahirma from the back of the line. "There cannot be much more of the house left to see, but some part must lead to the dungeons that Sandor mentioned..." She trails off, neither minding the activity ahead nor fully remembering that the group has already found the spiral stairs leading downward.

We should do something with Drovenge...Oh! A smile creeps over Yahirma's face as gears begin turning. I wonder how much those scrolls might cost...hmmmm!


Female Changeling (Mauxi Mwangi) Mwangi Spiritualist 12

Yahirma extracts a piece of parchment and an inkpen and begins scratching out calculations and notes, occasionally tracing out frames that might eventually house illustrations.

Now I can see why the elder wendifu speak so reverently about the juju art! I cannot mess up this one. No, I must make sure that it is perfect, which will require experimentation...

"Yes, experimentation..." she mumbles to herself while turning the sheet sideways to scribble new insights in the margins.

For any witnesses to Yahirma's plotting:

The parchment bears calculations and notes regarding some form of spirit-channeling or soul connection interspersed with the name "Drovenge." A more knowledgeable individual might even recognize the necromantic aspects of it.

Oh boy - what a juju zombie this will make!


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 3

"I...I must know..."
Withdrawing a small dagger, Derek leans over the corpse of the Drovenge patriarch and gently prods the area around the heart, looking for the telltale metal sound of a "quieting needle".


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 12 HP: 123/123(+11) AC: 30 FF: 23, Touch: 22 F:+16, R:+12, W:+19 Perception:+18(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4, False Life

Xerath just quietly waits for everyone to finish their various doings.
"The beast is stomping around noisily. Yahirma is scheming to herself. Derek is about to probably set off a trap. Appario is being a coward. I bet if that door was a pit fiend, he would think it was safe. Or that it didn't exist."


Yahirma wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Nice!

***

Derek does indeed find quieting needles stuck into the corpse's heart, but it seems as if they were placed there some time after the man's death, as if someone eventually remembered that it might be a good idea to use them. The killing doesn't seem like the work of a cold-hearted assassin, but rather that of a cruel and passion-driven individual.

***

Appario finds no traps on the door.

Upon opening it, he finds himself looking in on another storeroom much like the previous two, except this one also features an old desk with a worm-eaten journal and a lump of wax that must once have been a tallow candle on top of it.

Appario takes in all this while his mind tries to make sense of the skeletal creature standing in front of him, its hollow skull wearing a tricorn hat and one eyesocket bearing a golden eyepatch. Its worm-tongue lashes out at him from the other eyesocket.

Knowledge (religion) DC 18:

This Undead creature is known as a Mohrg. They are usually formed when those who have slayed many during their lifetime are unable to find rest in the afterlife, and return to slay yet more.

Caring even less for life in undeath than they did in life, mohrgs exist solely to wreak havoc on the living. They retain some semblance of their own memories, and of the delight they once took in hearing the screams of the dying.

Mohrgs are often mistaken for ordinary skeletons or zombies, but are far more dangerous.

Mohrgs are highly mobile, and a mohrg's tongue can induce paralysis in its victims.

All undead traits are also revealed.

Knowledge (religion) DC 23:

As above, plus: A mohrg can grab hold of creatures with its slams.

Humanoids slain by a mohrg rise as fast zombies under its control immediately upon death. When this occurs, the surge of negative energy unleashed causes the mohrg to heal, as well as become faster and more deadly.

***

Surprise tongue attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11 (vs flat-footed touch AC)

The tongue lashing out misses wildly. Perhaps this creature has had little practice in the decades that have gone by.

***

Initiative checks:

Appario: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Derek: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
The Beast: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Xerath: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Yahirma: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Mohrg: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Current Initiative order:
18 - The Beast
17 - Mohrg
16 - Derek and Xerath
11 - Appario
3 - Yahirma

***

>>>Current Map<<<

Up first: The Beast.


Ancient Shoanti War Spirit 12 | 148/148 hp + 81/81 temps, Init +2, AC 33 (39 with barkskin and shield, +1 near Derek) [touch 15, FF 31], Fort +18, Ref +11, Will +14; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 6/6 | 2nd 5/5 | 3rd 4/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

The Beast roars as the creature comes into view and flails its tongue at Appario.

Shoanti:
"ABOMINATION!"

Shu-Ak’eh-Di smashes and gore at it as best he can from around the corner, eager to rid the world of its taint.

Primary: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21
Primary Dmg: 1d6 + 19 ⇒ (5) + 19 = 24
Iterative: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Iterative Dmg: 1d6 + 19 ⇒ (4) + 19 = 23
Hoof I: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 1 = 12
Hoof I Dmg: 1d4 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 1 = 11
Hoof II: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 1 = 28
Hoof II Dmg: 1d4 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 1 = 10
Horns: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 1 = 18
Horns Dmg: 1d6 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 1 = 8


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 3

"Quieting needles...someone wanted to make sure this man stayed dead. But while that is the same as what happened to Jalki, this was done as an afterthought here.
And his jaw is left intact, it would be possible to speak with his spirit."

Hearing the comotion Derek turns around, "What is...ABOMINATION!"


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 Know (Religion)

Appario tries to move to the other side of the Mohrg.

1d20 + 17 ⇒ (13) + 17 = 30 Acrobatics

If that fails, he will try again.

1d20 + 17 ⇒ (3) + 17 = 20 Acrobatics

"Sheesh, Derek, I'm going to need more dance lessons."

Appario will draw Extortion.


Appario must wait his turn; the Mohrg acts again before he gets a chance :)

***

The Beast only succeeds at hitting the creature around the corner with a single hoof, while its hammer strikes splinters from the door's frame.

The mohrg continues attacking the as-yet-not-recovered Appario.

Tongue touch attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11 (vs flat-footed touch AC)

The tongue once again lashes ineffectually into the air, and the mohrg continues with slams.

Slam attack #1: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27 (vs flat-footed AC)
Slam damage #1: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (6, 6) + 5 = 17

The first slam hits, dealing 17 damage to Appario. The mohrg attempts to grab onto the holy warrior.

CMB to grab: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (19) + 19 = 38 (vs flat-footed CMD)

It succeeds at grabbing hold of Appario, and follows up with its final slam.

Slam attack #2: 1d20 + 15 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 15 - 2 = 25 (-2: grappled; vs flat-footed AC)
Slam damage #2: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (1, 2) + 5 = 8

The second slam barely hits, but deals another 8 damage to Appario.

***

Map as above. The mohrg and Appario are grappling.

Up next: Appario, Derek, Xerath, Yahirma (round 1), then The Beast (round 2).


Female Changeling (Mauxi Mwangi) Mwangi Spiritualist 12

Knowledge(religion): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Now the materials required for such a course of study would be substantial. It would be so much easier to be able to create such animate bodies without expending gems Yahirma thinks to herself while bracing her parchment against the wall. As the Beast begins bellowing, she looks up, half-notices the undead creature standing in the doorway, and nods slightly. Yes, sort of like a morhg can create zombies. I shall have to ask it about the methods of, oh wait, I think we're fighting again.

Oh, Yahirma's initiative...it's so reliably low.


Yes, but she's ahead of the mohrg's next turn, so she can act at will; no need to wait for other party members :)


Female Changeling (Mauxi Mwangi) Mwangi Spiritualist 12

Yahirma leans over and voices a quick request of Derek.

Infernal:
Could you convince Shu-Ak to push through to the other side? The morhg seems occupied, and we need room.


Female Changeling (Mauxi Mwangi) Mwangi Spiritualist 12

Rethinking her idea, she waves a dismissing hand as if to take back her recommendation and instead conjures her own binding force after stepping to W25 for a better view. A golden chain manifests far behind the morhg (X29) and lashes out to return the grappling favor.

Chain of perdition attempts to drag: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29
Why not? Fortune re-roll: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34

If the drag works (and if the morhg lacks reach, it will hopefully break the grapple.


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 3

Shoanti:
"We need room brother, push through to the other side, let us surround and destroy this foul dead-thing-that-walks."

Nothing here to impede our sight, and it IS undead...but no, I can't use the burst without hitting others, and I will save the ray in case we run into the vampire.

Realizing that right now he would only get in the way, Derek hangs back for now.


After initially seeming to slip off the skeletal form, the chain suddenly tightens and pulls the mohrg away from Appario.

***

>>>Current Map<<<

Up next: Appario, Xerath (round 1), then The Beast (round 2).


Ancient Shoanti War Spirit 12 | 148/148 hp + 81/81 temps, Init +2, AC 33 (39 with barkskin and shield, +1 near Derek) [touch 15, FF 31], Fort +18, Ref +11, Will +14; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 6/6 | 2nd 5/5 | 3rd 4/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20
Derek wrote:
Realizing that right now he would only get in the way, Derek hangs back for now.

I don't think anyone would object to some inspiring. =P

Seeing his brother's request already attended to, Shu-Ak’eh-Di storms into the room W28 and smashes the foul thing with Maddok's hammer.

Primary: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32
Primary Dmg: 1d6 + 19 ⇒ (3) + 19 = 22


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 3

Yeah, that'd work. There is something to be said for the "in your face" approach to a problem.


As The Beast storms past it, the mohrg lashes out at it with its tongue.

Tongue touch AoO: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22 (vs touch AC)

Fortitude vs paralysis: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31
Paralysis duration: 1d4 ⇒ 4 minutes.

The tongue hits The Beast, but the hulking warrior is unaffected by its paralyzing effects.

The Beast's hammer strikes the undead creature, denting some of its bones.

***

>>>Current Map<<<

Up next: Appario and Xerath.


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 12 HP: 123/123(+11) AC: 30 FF: 23, Touch: 22 F:+16, R:+12, W:+19 Perception:+18(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4, False Life

Xerath decides that his human form is no match for this undead creature. He concentrates for a moment. He can see the dull gray scales and they instantly start forming across his skin. He imagines the claws as they extend from his fingertips. A crest forms along his back as his robe melds into his now lizard-like frame. He roars as he moves forward to X27

Alter Self- Form of Troglodyte.


Interesting choice!

***

>>>Current Map<<<

Up next: Appario.


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

Appario will 5' step to X27 and attack the mohrg.

1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26 to hit;
1d10 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 damage;

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 to hit;
1d10 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 damage.


Considering Xerath already occupies X27, I suppose it makes most sense for Appario to use a regular move to W27 and make one attack. Since the second attack was a natural 1 anyway, he isn't missing out on anything!

***

Appario gets a nice hit on the skeletal creature, slicing off a few lingering muscles and tendons.

***

The mohrg lashes out with its tongue at the hulking beast.

Tongue touch attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

Fortitude vs paralysis: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20
Paralysis duration: 1d4 ⇒ 1 minutes.

The tongue hits The Beast, who finds itself completely paralyzed and unable to move.

Shifting its attention back to Appario, the undead creature slams the holy warrior.

Slam attack #1: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25
Slam damage #1: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (1, 3) + 5 = 9

Missing with the first slam, it tries again with the other arm.

Slam attack #2: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23
Slam damage #2: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (3, 8) + 5 = 16

But it misses again.

***

>>>Current Map<<<

The Beast is paralyzed for 1 minute.

Up next: The PCs.


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 12 HP: 123/123(+11) AC: 30 FF: 23, Touch: 22 F:+16, R:+12, W:+19 Perception:+18(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4, False Life

Troglodyerath unleashes a flurry of claws and teeth on the skeletal creature.

Claw
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Claw
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Bite
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


All of the troglodyte's many attacks miss the mohrg.

***

Map as above.

Up next: Appario, Derek, Yahirma.


Female Changeling (Mauxi Mwangi) Mwangi Spiritualist 12

Yahirma first calls upon the chain to strike at the morhg's legs. She then invokes a simple curse to thwart the undead creature's attacks before she moves to the doorway (X26)

Chain of perdition to trip: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32
Ill omen hits the morhg for its next two d20 rolls.


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12
DM Are wrote:
Considering Xerath already occupies X27, I suppose it makes most sense for Appario to use a regular move to W27 and make one attack. Since the second attack was a natural 1 anyway, he isn't missing out on anything!

Definitely makes sense, but I, as a player, can't suggest that since my action was supposed to be before Xerath's, however, as it has worked out is fine. That's why we pay you the big bucks to GM for us. :)

Appario shakes his head at Maddoks's condition.

"Now he's immo-bull."

That was pretty dumb.

Appario attacks the mohrg again, getting his smite on.

Smite Evil.

1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 14 + 2 = 18 to hit;
1d10 + 5 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 6 + 6 = 26 damage;

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26 to hit;
1d10 + 5 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 6 + 6 = 22 damage.


The chain tangles itself around the mohrg's legs, causing it to fall. Extortion slices through more bones and tendons this time, although only one of Appario's attacks hit.

***

>>>Current Map<<<

The Beast is paralyzed; the mohrg is prone.

Up next: Derek.


Ancient Shoanti War Spirit 12 | 148/148 hp + 81/81 temps, Init +2, AC 33 (39 with barkskin and shield, +1 near Derek) [touch 15, FF 31], Fort +18, Ref +11, Will +14; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 6/6 | 2nd 5/5 | 3rd 4/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Damn, that's what I get for being stingy with rage.

The Beast growls as the foul creature's tongue wraps around one of his burly limbs. His fury rises as the shadowstuff of his form grows increasingly rigid until it's completely immobile.

7,201 to 7,250 of 10,874 << first < prev | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM CH-P's CoT: The Bastards of Erebus All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.