Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM CH-P's CoT: The Bastards of Erebus

Game Master Are


6,901 to 6,950 of 10,826 << first < prev | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | next > last >>

Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 3

Derek, canny as ever has realized that yahirma has a tendency of only speaking infernal in combat (though he is not canny enough to know she only UNDERSTANDS it during those times) and calls out to her.

Infernal:
"It strikes me, the whole plot could just be mad you know.
Any overt sign of a takeover would be met with armed response like I said, but maybe that is the plan.
Maybe they just plan on destroying Westcrown."

I was going to talk to big brother, but I recognize that expression, he is not in a very...communicating mood right now.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 11 | 50/126 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +5
Resources:
1st 3/6 | 2nd 0/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 2/2 | Summon 0/6 | Rage 6/20

Maddok growls and whirls his hammer in hand daring the other thieves to strike against the bard.

@Derek - heh.


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 11 HP: 111/112 AC: 22 FF: 20, Touch: 15 F:+14, R:+10, W:+17 Perception:+9(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4 -1 level)

Xerath steps forward and casts a spell. He attempts to take the fight out of the thief, by draining his energy.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Touch of Fatigue Fortitude Save DC 16 negates.


By the way: Appario, remember that magic circle's AC bonus doesn't stack with ring of protection :)

***

Fortitude vs touch of fatigue: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Xerath leans out the door, easily touching the guard Derek fights against. The man immediately gets a worn look in his eyes as his limbs begin to feel the effect of his fatigue.

The guards haven't lost their tactical disposition, however, and attempt to get into flanking positions without putting themselves in harm's way in the process. They all step into converging on Appario.

Rapier attack #1 (vs Appario): 1d20 + 9 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 9 - 1 = 13 (-1: fatigued)
Rapier attack #2 (vs Appario): 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 2 = 20 (+2: flanking)
Rapier attack #3 (vs Appario): 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 9 + 2 = 29 (+2: flanking)

Rapier damage #1: 1d6 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 - 1 = 3 (-1: fatigued)
Rapier damage #2: 1d6 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + (3, 5) = 12 (+2d6: sneak attack)
Rapier damage #3: 1d6 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 1 + (2, 3) = 7 (+2d6: sneak attack)

Misfortune reroll: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 2 = 27

All of their attacks miss, although one apparently only because of pure bad luck.

***

>>>Current Map<<<

The hag-spirit is 10 ft above O9.

Up next: The PCs.


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 3

Big brother will want to get into the fray, and this one is worse for wear, tactically it would make sense to move...here!
Derek takes a step up next to the man he is fighting, allowing for Maddok to move up to the other guards whilst still keep the blessing of proximity in effect.

Derek crosses his arms over his chest, seemingly a very non aggressive move.
suddenly, he leans forward and slashes his arms down in a cross cut followed by immediately lancing his rapier up, followed by the buckler to maintain his guard.
"How do you like the Falling and rising of the tide ?"

5' step to O12
Primary attack with combat expertise: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Secondary attack with combat expertise: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 11 | 50/126 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +5
Resources:
1st 3/6 | 2nd 0/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 2/2 | Summon 0/6 | Rage 6/20

Maddok steps into the center of the melee and drops a pair of blows into the guard providing a flank against Appario.

Rage 16/18

Primary: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18
Primary: 1d6 + 21 ⇒ (1) + 21 = 22
Iterative: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
Iterative: 1d6 + 21 ⇒ (1) + 21 = 22


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 11 HP: 111/112 AC: 22 FF: 20, Touch: 15 F:+14, R:+10, W:+17 Perception:+9(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4 -1 level)

Xerath just moves past everyone(Provoking from #5 and #1) into Q13 and casts touch of fatigue again.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


Derek stabs the guard through the throat while Maddok crushes his spine, combining to drop him in an instant.

Maddok can choose which of #1 and #2 is the victim of his iterative attack.

***

Rapier AoO: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
AoO damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

The guard is unable to hit Xerath as he meanders through the field of combat, and with Appario providing a distraction on the man's other flank, Xerath succeeds at touching him.

Fortitude vs touch of fatigue: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

However, the man easily fends off the feeling of fatigue.

***

>>>Current Map<<<

The hag-spirit is 10 ft above O9.

Up next: Appario and Yahirma.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 11 | 50/126 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +5
Resources:
1st 3/6 | 2nd 0/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 2/2 | Summon 0/6 | Rage 6/20

#1

Maddok snarls as he turns to face his remaining foes.


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 11 HP: 111/112 AC: 22 FF: 20, Touch: 15 F:+14, R:+10, W:+17 Perception:+9(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4 -1 level)

Since I'm going to work soon, I'm gonna post next turn's actions now. Xerath will recast touch of fatigue again.

Concentration check.

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 11

Appario will slice into Human#2 twice.

1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31 to hit;
1d10 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 damage;

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29 to hit;
1d10 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 damage.

Pot Crit:

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26 to hit;
1d10 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 damage.


Appario skewers the unfortunate thief, leaving only a single still-standing enemy (although he too has seen better days, considering Maddok's hammer blow).

***

Up next: Yahirma. Only Human #1 remains standing.


Female Changeling (Mauxi Mwangi) Mwangi Spiritualist 11

Now that she can see the action, Yahirma beckons her hag-spirit to join the fray from P13. The spirit's expression of glee sours when it realizes that it is too late to enjoy the fruits of combat, and it takes out this frustration on the remaining enemy.

Spiritual Ally attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19
Damage: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


The hag-spirit at least gets the satisfaction of sinking its vicious-looking knife into this guard.

Seeing all his companions dead or dying, the badly-injured guard drops his rapier and sinks to his knees, begging for his life.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 11 | 50/126 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +5
Resources:
1st 3/6 | 2nd 0/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 2/2 | Summon 0/6 | Rage 6/20

End Rage

Maddok grips the surrendered guard by the collar.

"When will you be expected to report?"


"Wh-what?" The guard spends a few bewildered moments before realizing what Maddok's saying. "I-in the evening! At sunset!"

***

It's currently around noon, with sunset 6-7 hours away.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 11 | 50/126 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +5
Resources:
1st 3/6 | 2nd 0/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 2/2 | Summon 0/6 | Rage 6/20

"Who do you report to? Where?"

Maddok begins looting the dead.


"One of the dark men. In here."

***

Each of the dead has a masterwork rapier and a suit of +1 leather armor. Their masterwork heavy crossbows were left on the roof.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 11 | 50/126 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +5
Resources:
1st 3/6 | 2nd 0/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 2/2 | Summon 0/6 | Rage 6/20

Can we assume someone goes up and gets them?

Maddok ties up the prisoner.

"Stay silent and you will live", Maddok warns him.

We should bring the other gardeners around to watch the prisoners. Heh.

"Let's head down to the ground floor."


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 11

Appario sheathes Extortion and moves down to the ground floor.

Good thing we cleared the roof.


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 3

Darn it! I should have asked Sandor if those globes were his...but it does make sense that they were. He was a scrier after all.
Still...

Derek takes a moment to scan for any more spy globes about.
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

The globes mave have COME from him, but someone else might be using them...


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 11 | 50/126 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +5
Resources:
1st 3/6 | 2nd 0/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 2/2 | Summon 0/6 | Rage 6/20

As group assembles at the stairs headed to the ground level, Maddok motions for the group to halt.

"It's not certain what dangers await us below and the spirits will not answer my call again today. It may be best to call upon Shu-Ak’eh-Di's strength. He's sought release for a while now and it may be best to let him loose here, in the stronghold of the enemy."


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 11 HP: 111/112 AC: 22 FF: 20, Touch: 15 F:+14, R:+10, W:+17 Perception:+9(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4 -1 level)

"Who is this Shu-Ak'eh Di?"


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 11 | 50/126 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +5
Resources:
1st 3/6 | 2nd 0/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 2/2 | Summon 0/6 | Rage 6/20

Maddok puts his hammer down and closes his eyes.

"You said you saw us in the Devildrome. Did you see the creature that took the title from Thrax?"


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 11 HP: 111/112 AC: 22 FF: 20, Touch: 15 F:+14, R:+10, W:+17 Perception:+9(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4 -1 level)

"Like I said, I was distracted during that event. I noticed something odd about you. I assumed it was some spell cast on you."


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 11 | 50/126 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +5
Resources:
1st 3/6 | 2nd 0/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 2/2 | Summon 0/6 | Rage 6/20

Maddok opens one eye to glance at Xerath in disbelief.

"It's more involved than that."

The tattoos winding their way up the Shoanti's side go from softly glowing to burning brightly as Maddok begins a low chant. This continues for nearly a minute until, rather suddenly, the tattoos dim and turn black. The shadows begin to crawl along the floor and flow, as if they were only water, into Maddok's frame.

Quickly, a hulking shape is formed from the shadows, superimposed over Maddok's unmoving form. Its body is composed entirely of dark spirit-stuff somewhere between smoke and shadow yet is undeniably solid. It is humanoid in form but monstrous in dimensions, greatly resembling a dread minotaur with the head of a snarling bull, a set of wide sharp horns, and legs ending in heavy cloven hooves. Its arms are human, ending in strong hands. Its eyes, familiar points of burning light, stare down at the party.


Ancient Shoanti War Spirit 11 | 136/137 hp + 63/72 temps, Init +2, AC 33 (39 with barkskin and shield, +1 near Derek) [touch 15, FF 31], Fort +18, Ref +11, Will +14; Perception +5;
Resources:
1st 2/6 | 2nd 0/5 | 3rd 0/4 | 4th 1/2 | Summon 0/6 | Rage 3/20

The massive bestial spirit snorts shooting a gout of steam down over the party.

Shoanti:
"WE ARE FREE."


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 11 HP: 111/112 AC: 22 FF: 20, Touch: 15 F:+14, R:+10, W:+17 Perception:+9(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4 -1 level)

"Wait, what are you doing?" Xerath watches in awe as Maddok transforms. He instinctively starts a spell but stops himself quickly when the shoanti finishes and the Beast appears. He walks slowly around the Beast examining it. "What are you?"


Ancient Shoanti War Spirit 11 | 136/137 hp + 63/72 temps, Init +2, AC 33 (39 with barkskin and shield, +1 near Derek) [touch 15, FF 31], Fort +18, Ref +11, Will +14; Perception +5;
Resources:
1st 2/6 | 2nd 0/5 | 3rd 0/4 | 4th 1/2 | Summon 0/6 | Rage 3/20

The Beast leans down and snorts again in Xerath's face.

Shoanti:
"WE ARE THE CLASH OF SWORDS; THE BREATH OF THE DYING; THE STEAMING OF FRESH-SPILLED BLOOD; WE ARE SHU-AK’EH-DI, THE BEAST OF WAR."


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 11 HP: 111/112 AC: 22 FF: 20, Touch: 15 F:+14, R:+10, W:+17 Perception:+9(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4 -1 level)

"What are you saying? I don't understand the words that are coming out of your mouth."


Ancient Shoanti War Spirit 11 | 136/137 hp + 63/72 temps, Init +2, AC 33 (39 with barkskin and shield, +1 near Derek) [touch 15, FF 31], Fort +18, Ref +11, Will +14; Perception +5;
Resources:
1st 2/6 | 2nd 0/5 | 3rd 0/4 | 4th 1/2 | Summon 0/6 | Rage 3/20

The fiery points of light that compose the Beast's eyes narrow on Xerath but he does not respond.


Female Changeling (Mauxi Mwangi) Mwangi Spiritualist 11

"As you can see, Xerath, Shu-Ak'Eh-Di is no mere spell," explains Yahirma before Xerath decides to prod the horned spirit. "He is a Shoanti spirit of war, and you will find him a willful but steadfast comrade. I would caution against standing in his way when a fight breaks out, though, as he is quite insistent about his fighting style. What stands before him falls, and he but rarely accepts quarter."

Not unlike another person I know, she thinks as she explains matters to the sorcerer formerly known as Bearath the Bloody.

Turning to the primal outsider, she inclines her head slightly in respect. "Good afternoon, Shu-Ak'Eh-Di. Maddok has washed the upstairs with the blood of his enemies, and I see it is now your turn. We welcome you into our ranks once more and shall be proud to fight alongside."


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 3

Shoanti:
"Welcome back to us spirit walker, much blood has been spilled this night, but more enemies are here. You shall have your fill of battle, this I promise you."


Ancient Shoanti War Spirit 11 | 136/137 hp + 63/72 temps, Init +2, AC 33 (39 with barkskin and shield, +1 near Derek) [touch 15, FF 31], Fort +18, Ref +11, Will +14; Perception +5;
Resources:
1st 2/6 | 2nd 0/5 | 3rd 0/4 | 4th 1/2 | Summon 0/6 | Rage 3/20

The massive bestial spirit nods at Yahirma and Derek's greetings and presses a fist to his chest.

Shoanti:
"YOU HAVE DONE MUCH WORK IN OUR STEAD. WE ARE PLEASED."

"BUT THE TAINT OF ABOMINATIONS FILLS THIS PLACE. LET US CONTINUE."

Shu-Ak'Eh-Di picks up Maddok's hammer and stomps his way down the stairs.


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 11 HP: 111/112 AC: 22 FF: 20, Touch: 15 F:+14, R:+10, W:+17 Perception:+9(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4 -1 level)

"I can appreciate that."


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 11

Appario follows the mooovement of the group, in a manner that behooooves him.


The room below the staircase is empty of creatures, but contains a table, several chairs, and a smoldering brazier that's on the verge of petering out. The unmistakeable reek of dark creepers lingers in the room.

A door to the south opens into a long hallway featuring multiple doors at either side. There are no light sources, but the light emanating from Appario's boot, Yahirma's buckler, and Derek's Morrowfall serve to show the way.

***

>>>Ground Floor Overview Map<<<

>>>Current Map<<<


Ancient Shoanti War Spirit 11 | 136/137 hp + 63/72 temps, Init +2, AC 33 (39 with barkskin and shield, +1 near Derek) [touch 15, FF 31], Fort +18, Ref +11, Will +14; Perception +5;
Resources:
1st 2/6 | 2nd 0/5 | 3rd 0/4 | 4th 1/2 | Summon 0/6 | Rage 3/20

The Beast's bovine snout wrinkles as he catches the foul scent of the creepers.

The massive spirit moves down the hallway and begins breaking down doors.


Barely registered by The Beast, as it tramples down the hallway breaking doors to left and right, is a scent of carrion coming from one of the rooms behind the broken-down doors. Two of the rooms feature doors leading further.

Following in his wake, hundreds of dark gray rats with glowing red eyes seethe out of the shadows and into the hallway.

***

Knowledge (religion or planes) DC 15:

This swarm consists of shadow rats, an undead rat variety usually found on the Plane of Shadow. They can blend into the shadows, gaining total concealment in anything lesser than bright light. They also see in the dark, and have a keen sense of smell.

All undead traits and swarm traits are also revealed.

Knowledge (religion or planes) DC 20:

As above, plus: In addition to normal damage and the distraction effect, a shadow rat swarm deals strength damage to those it harms with its swarm attack.

The swarm can assume an incorporeal form for up to 1 hour per day, but can still use its swarm attack (only dealing strength damage) against corporeal foes.

***

Initiative checks:

Appario: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Derek: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Maddok/The Beast: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Xerath: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Yahirma: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Swarm: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Current Initiative order:
22 - Derek
19 - Swarm
9 - Appario, The Beast, Xerath, Yahirma

***

>>>Current Map<<<

Up first: Derek.


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 11 HP: 111/112 AC: 22 FF: 20, Touch: 15 F:+14, R:+10, W:+17 Perception:+9(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4 -1 level)

Whatever you do, would you mind vacating that spot so I can have it, Derek?


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 3

As they continue on, Derek leans close to Yahirma and whispers.

Infernal:
[/b]"One can't help but wonder what exactly an ancient Shoanti spirit of war bound into human flesh considers an "abomination" eh?"[/b]

Knowledge the planes: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17

As he spots the swarm of rats he curses, "Abbadars golden rod!", and quickly moves aside, hoping to see some arcane fireworks against that swarm of undeads.
Undeads? Might be a good idea to point that out.

"Undeads, take them out fast!"

Move to K24


Each of the six rooms contains several beds, a table, and several chairs, although each appears to have not been used for some time.

***

The undead rats surge along the walls, floor, and ceiling, almost completely engulfing The Beast.

Strength damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

The cold bites of the hundreds of rats sap it of strength, dealing 1 point of Strength damage.

***

>>>Current Map<<<

Up next: The PCs except Derek (round 1), then Derek (round 2).


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 11 HP: 111/112 AC: 22 FF: 20, Touch: 15 F:+14, R:+10, W:+17 Perception:+9(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4 -1 level)

Xerath steps forward into J26, sees the incorporeal rats and fires off a lightning bolt that seems to weave in and out of the ethereal plane effortlessly.

Ectoplasmic Lightning Bolt. DC 19 reflex for half from the swarm and the Beast.
8d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 3, 1, 4, 5, 3, 3) = 30

And I'm out of 4th level slots.


Reflex (swarm): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Reflex (The Beast): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

The part-real, part-ghostly stream of crackling electricity bounds down the hallway, striking both the swarm and the beast within.

The swarm is demolished, leaving only a scattering of individual rats scurrying away, while The Beast suffers 30 points of damage.

***

And a very well-used 4th-level slot, too (especially considering the 50% bonus damage to swarms)!


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 11 HP: 111/112 AC: 22 FF: 20, Touch: 15 F:+14, R:+10, W:+17 Perception:+9(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4 -1 level)

Yep, thats why I did it.

"That felt oddly cathartic." Xerath says as the swarm dissipates.


Ancient Shoanti War Spirit 11 | 136/137 hp + 63/72 temps, Init +2, AC 33 (39 with barkskin and shield, +1 near Derek) [touch 15, FF 31], Fort +18, Ref +11, Will +14; Perception +5;
Resources:
1st 2/6 | 2nd 0/5 | 3rd 0/4 | 4th 1/2 | Summon 0/6 | Rage 3/20

The Beast roars in frustration as the mass of undead flesh pours over its form. After Xerath's spell erases the bulk of the swarm, the Beast goes to work grinding any survivors underneath his hooves.

His work complete, Shu-Ak'Eh-Di takes a moment to reconstitute its spirit-flesh and then thunders back to the group.

Healing:
Potion of Lesser Restoration
Wand of Rejuvenate Eidolon: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Wand of Rejuvenate Eidolon: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Wand of Rejuvenate Eidolon: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Wand of Rejuvenate Eidolon: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Wand of Rejuvenate Eidolon: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Shoanti:
"YOUR MAGIC WAS AIMED POORLY. SEE THAT IT DOES NOT HAPPEN AGAIN OR WE WILL SHATTER YOUR BONES AND DEVOUR YOUR HEART."


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 11 HP: 111/112 AC: 22 FF: 20, Touch: 15 F:+14, R:+10, W:+17 Perception:+9(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4 -1 level)

Though he cannot understand the beast, the context makes the words clear to Xerath. He stands unwavering against the towering hulk.

"You presume to threaten me? I just saved you from that swarm. Or would you rather have your existence snuffed out by things you can't fight? I thought so."


Ancient Shoanti War Spirit 11 | 136/137 hp + 63/72 temps, Init +2, AC 33 (39 with barkskin and shield, +1 near Derek) [touch 15, FF 31], Fort +18, Ref +11, Will +14; Perception +5;
Resources:
1st 2/6 | 2nd 0/5 | 3rd 0/4 | 4th 1/2 | Summon 0/6 | Rage 3/20

The bestial spirit glares at Xerath one final time and growls.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (9) + 17 = 26

Shoanti:
"I AM WAR. THERE IS NO FOE I CANNOT FACE."

"DO. NOT. DO. IT. AGAIN."


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 3

Derek leans close to Xerath and whispers.
"No use trying to argue there, the beast doesn't understand tactics the same way we do.
I doubt you can make it understand that it could not fight the rats directly."

Derek then turns to the beast and makes placating gestures.

Shoanti:
"Easy spirit walker, the rats were the dead that walks, such ABOMINATIONS cannot be allowed to intrude on the land we walk in. We must all be willing to suffer some pain to see them destroyed and the earth cleansed."

Here is hoping I got through to both of them...


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 11 HP: 111/112 AC: 22 FF: 20, Touch: 15 F:+14, R:+10, W:+17 Perception:+9(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4 -1 level)

Though the beasts words and his large frame makes Xerath flinch for a moment, he still stands there.

"Why don't you rip down some more doors. If you want to feebly attack the next swarm, be my guest."

6,901 to 6,950 of 10,826 << first < prev | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM CH-P's CoT: The Bastards of Erebus All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.