Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM CH-P's CoT: The Bastards of Erebus

Game Master Are


6,651 to 6,700 of 10,986 << first < prev | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | next > last >>

Male Chelish Arcane Caster 12 HP: 123/123(+11) AC: 30 FF: 23, Touch: 22 F:+16, R:+12, W:+19 Perception:+18(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4, False Life, Freedom of Movement, Remove Fear, Resist Energy

"We should not leave them alive. They are too dangerous." Xerath draws his spear and raises it to end the stalker. If no one stops him, he impales the creature.

Coup De Grace
3d8 + 9 ⇒ (5, 8, 1) + 9 = 23


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Maddok doesn't like it but he's not going to intervene.


Maddok's and Xerath's shield spells have now expired.

DM rolls:

Eye #4 stealth: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24
Eye #5 stealth: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17

Appario perception #1: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23
Derek perception #1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Maddok perception #1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Xerath perception #1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Yahirma perception #1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Livia perception #1: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

Appario perception #2: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Derek perception #2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Maddok perception #2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Xerath perception #2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Yahirma perception #2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Livia perception #2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

***

Livia pouts. "Yahirma wouldn't let me kill it!"

If noone hinders Xerath:
Xerath's spear drives deep into the stalker, causing it to explode into an expanding ball of white-hot flame. The burning flames singe the walls and kitchen equipment, but Yahirma's protective spell prevents them from injuring anyone.

***

The hidden door opens into a narrow hallway running alongside the building's northern brick wall. After about 30 ft there's an opening into an antechamber of sorts (I/K-12/13); a number of chairs are available along the walls here.

Beyond the antechamber there's a hallway running further south, and there's a door just down the hallway from the antechamber's western entrance.

Xerath and Livia both notice a small metallic sphere following the group, while Appario, Maddok, Xerath, and Livia all see another waiting ahead.

***

>>>Current Map<<<


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Maddok's chants again summoning the last of the spiritual aid he can for the day. A pair of Lantern Archons appear and spread their blessings among the party.

Are, please handle the Aid rolls.

Maddok follows Appario to the doorway in K11.


Aid (Appario): 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Aid (Derek): 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Aid (Maddok): 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Aid (Xerath): 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Aid (Yahirma): 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Aid (Livia): 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Aid (Archon #1): 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Aid (Archon #2): 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

Appario accepts the aid with a smile.

"Thank you bright ones. With your aid, nothing can possibly go wrong."

Bouyed by the spirit Appario stealthily moves to H13 and peers around the corner.

1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31 Stealth


Appario doesn't see anything more around that corner than what I've already posted above.


Derek follows the rest of the group down the hallway, holding the Morrowfall aloft to light the way down the darkened paths, and hoping his eyesight will not fail him again this day.

He secretly wonders how Appario managed to continue on despite the existence of a file cabinet, but files it away as the adrenaline of battle clouding the Abadarans natural instincts.


By the way: Since you didn't mention it, does that mean Appario allows Xerath to murder the prisoner (or doesn't object to it)?


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

Appario has no problem with slaying of evil, especially those as evil as them dark creepers/stalkers. He wouldn't have done the same himself, however, but Xerath can answer for his own crimes of conscience.

Appario will move to K11 and listen at the door while watching down the hall.

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30 Perception (hearing)

If safe, Appario will check the door for traps

1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32 Perception on door (w/lens)


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

I'm back!

Maddok follows closely behind the Abadaran.

"Do you hear anything?"


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 12 HP: 123/123(+11) AC: 30 FF: 23, Touch: 22 F:+16, R:+12, W:+19 Perception:+18(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4, False Life, Freedom of Movement, Remove Fear, Resist Energy

A con-what? I mean why would anyone object to the murdering of a helpless prisoner who surrendered? It's not we have a paladin here?

"I promise you can have the next one, Livia."


Appario doesn't hear anything through the door (or down the hall), and he finds no traps on the door.

Upon opening the door, Appario finds that it leads into a grand chamber, dominated by a massive table surrounded by leather-bound chairs. Dark curtains cover the walls at regular intervals (represented by the spotted blue rectangles), and between the curtains hang works of art in gilded frames. A chandelier of black iron dangles from the ceiling, but its fat, black candles are currently not lit. An elegantly enameled tinder box sits in the center of the table.

DM rolls:

Appario perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
Derek perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Maddok perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Xerath perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Yahirma perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Livia perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

***

>>>Current Map<<<


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

After getting the all-clear, Maddok opens the door.


(I edited the post above to represent opening the door, as I figured that would be the next logical step following the trap-searching)


Ooh, forgot Appario's trapfinding bonus!

***

Appario also notices several tiny nozzles set into the walls of the room, as well as signs suggesting the nozzles are connected to the large chandelier hanging above the table. Appario figures the chandelier can in some way be used to bypass the trap.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Maddok stares at the chandelier as Appario studies it.


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

Appario stares at the chandelier even as he notes the holes in the wall.

"Uh, that ain't good." Appario removes his MW toolkit and sheathed Extortion. "Stay back, let me handle this. Nothing can possibly go wrong."

1d20 + 19 ⇒ (2) + 19 = 21 Disable Device


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Maddok does as he's told and backs the others out of the room.


Tinkering with the trap mechanism, Appario suddenly hears a tiny click that doesn't sound right for what he was attempting to do. Immediately following, the nozzles spray devastating cold throughout the entire room.

Reflex (Appario): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30

Cold damage: 15d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 4, 2, 4, 1, 6, 6, 5, 2, 6, 3, 5, 1, 4) = 59

Appario manages to duck behind one of the thick curtains, finding himself protected from the cold within a small alcove. As the nozzles stop spraying, Appario hears several near-inaudible whirrs, as of a mechanism in the process of resetting.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Oh, nice.

"Appario, are you okay in there?!", Maddok shouts.


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 12 HP: 123/123(+11) AC: 30 FF: 23, Touch: 22 F:+16, R:+12, W:+19 Perception:+18(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4, False Life, Freedom of Movement, Remove Fear, Resist Energy

He's fine. He said nothing can possibly go wrong. "


Female Changeling (Mauxi Mwangi) Mwangi Spiritualist 12

Yahirma glances into the room and takes note of the rime-kissed walls and frost-laden curtains. "A magical effect, no doubt," she muses aloud before asking, "Appario, do you suspect that the snare's magic is spent?"


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

Appario peeks out of the curtains.

"I'm fine. Nothing has gone wrong! Let me just try again to undo it. Don't worry!"

Too much hammer last time. I should use the feather this time.

Appario tries again to disable the trap.

1d20 + 19 ⇒ (17) + 19 = 36 Disable Device


On his second attempt, having learned from his earlier mistake, Appario has no problems disabling the triggering and resetting mechanisms of the trap.

Upon further investigation, each of the thick velvet curtains hides either a small alcove or a privy. Appario notes that each of the seven paintings hanging on the walls is a masterpiece worth thousands of gp, and he also recognizes each as having been vanished for many years (some for several decades, or more).

Appario also estimates the enameled tinder box as being worth about 100 gp.

***

DM rolls:

Appario perception #1: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
Derek perception #1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Maddok perception #1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Xerath perception #1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Yahirma perception #1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Livia perception #1: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

Appario perception #2: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
Derek perception #2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Maddok perception #2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Xerath perception #2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Yahirma perception #2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Livia perception #2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

***

>>>Current Map<<<


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Maddok pokes his head in after Appario's finished his work.

Did you want to steal the artwork later?

Can we get an overall map?


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

Appario will poke around quickly, not taking time to take the paintings (yet).

"We have work to do...if our prey is not here, let us keep moving until they are found."

Appario inspects each of the privies for secret doors.

"Seems odd to put a 'death' trap in a room for only privies. Let's look around good here." Appario takes out his lens.

1d20 + 11 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 11 + 5 = 19 Perception


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Maddok and the two glowing spirits fan out and search as well.

Maddok 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Archon I 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Archon II 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 12 HP: 123/123(+11) AC: 30 FF: 23, Touch: 22 F:+16, R:+12, W:+19 Perception:+18(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4, False Life, Freedom of Movement, Remove Fear, Resist Energy

Xerath also searches around.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


Neither Appario, Maddok, Xerath, or the archons find any hidden doors during their search.

***

>>>Overview Map<<< (as requested)


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

I wish I was 1/4 as good as you at making maps.

"Let's come back here and search again later. At least this room is safe now."

Maddok leads the party down the hallway south.

Unless that's a dead end.


I try my best, but it's not easy.. the full map of this single floor took me around 4 hours to make, I think :)

***

The southbound hallway twists and turns until it ends at a closed door.

***

>>>Current Map<<<

I didn't place the PCs; you can choose the order :)


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Maddok makes some space for Appario to move to the front and do his standard search/disarm/unlock routine.

Appario, Maddok, Derek, Xerath, Yahirma. Livia can fly above someone. After the cold trap I imagine we'd give Appario some room to work.


Appario perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
Stalker stealth: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (18) + 24 = 42

***

Appario finds no traps on the door, and the door is unlocked. However, once he pulls the door back, he's greeted by the sight of a stalker lying in wait. Darkness sweeps into the hallway as the stalker acts upon his element of surprise.

Short sword attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21 (vs flat-footed AC)
Short sword damage: 1d6 + 3 + 5d6 ⇒ (3) + 3 + (3, 2, 4, 3, 3) = 21 (+5d6: sneak attack)

Despite being caught by surprise, Appario finds himself unscathed by the stalker's strike as the sword glances off his bark-like skin.

***

Initiative checks:

Appario: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Derek: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Maddok: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Xerath: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Yahirma: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Livia: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Stalkers: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Current Initiative order:
26 - Stalkers and Livia
22 - Derek
20 - Maddok (w/archons)
12 - Xerath
9 - Yahirma
6 - Appario

***

With Appario still fumbling to grasp the situation, the stalker presses his attack.

Short sword attack #1: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20 (vs flat-footed AC)
Short sword attack #2: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34 (vs flat-footed AC)
Short sword attack #3: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19 (vs flat-footed AC)
Short sword attack #4: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 (vs flat-footed AC)

Short sword damage #1: 1d6 + 3 + 5d6 ⇒ (3) + 3 + (1, 4, 2, 5, 6) = 24 (+5d6: sneak attack)
Short sword damage #2: 1d6 + 3 + 5d6 ⇒ (1) + 3 + (3, 3, 2, 5, 4) = 21 (+5d6: sneak attack)
Short sword damage #3: 1d6 + 3 + 5d6 ⇒ (1) + 3 + (5, 4, 5, 6, 3) = 27 (+5d6: sneak attack)
Short sword damage #4: 1d6 + 3 + 5d6 ⇒ (5) + 3 + (4, 6, 2, 4, 6) = 30 (+5d6: sneak attack)

Potential critical: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17
Critical damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Fortitude save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Only one of the stalker's many strikes hits the holy warrior, dealing 25 damage (17 damage once the temporary hit points from aid are taken into account). Appario's body fights off the infection in the wound, but the wound continues to bleed profusely.

The stalker steps back, as if inviting Appario into the darkened room beyond.

***

Livia stays invisible near Yahirma, getting ready to translate messages between the cursed oracle and the rest of the group.

***

Derek holds back, waiting for an opportunity to use the Morrowfall's blinding power until Yahirma can cause misfortune for the stalker.

***

>>>Current Map<<<

There's dim light (20% miss chance unless low-light vision or better) in the 7 and 8 columns of the hallway and the room, while there's supernatural darkness (50% miss chance unless see in darkness) in the 4-6 columns of the room.

Appario takes 5 points of bleed damage at the start of his turn unless he's healed or receives a DC 15 Heal check before then.

Up next: The PCs.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

"Stay close little brother."

Maddok surges into the room and lunges for the canny stalker.

Grapple -1d20 + 15 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 15 + 1 = 27
1d100 ⇒ 78

One luminescent spirit floats down to renew Appario's blessing. The other drifts into the room to cover Maddok's flank. Q7

Appario Aid 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

The other readies to reAid Maddok if/when he gets hit.

Assuming Maddok's grapple succeeds everyone should be safe to enter the room AoO free.


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 12 HP: 123/123(+11) AC: 30 FF: 23, Touch: 22 F:+16, R:+12, W:+19 Perception:+18(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4, False Life, Freedom of Movement, Remove Fear, Resist Energy

Xerath walks into the dark room until he ends up in Q7. He then launches a fist made of granite at the dark stalker .

1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 1 = 18

1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Maddok successfully, although he realizes that was only barely the case, grabs and holds onto the stalker.

Derek, seeing that Maddok keeps the stalker at bay, moves into the room to let the Morrowfall's light combat the darkness even there. Once he gets into the room, the resulting dim light reveals another stalker in the north-west corner of the room. Derek moves towards it, assuming a defensive stance.

The light also reveals no less than 5 doors leading out of the room in addition to the one the group enters by.

***

>>>Current Map<<<

There's dim light (20% miss chance unless low-light vision or better) in the room and the hallway.

Appario takes 5 points of bleed damage at the start of his turn unless he's healed or receives a DC 15 Heal check before then.

Up next: Xerath, Yahirma, Appario.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Can Derek stay adjacent to Maddok so he can keep their brotherhood boon going?


Xerath could see the stalker completely, since he has darkvision and there's dim light where the stalker is (even before Derek went into the room, there was supernatural darkness only in the 4-6 columns, while there was dim light in the 7 and 8 columns).

His attack missed anyway, though.

***

>>>Current Map<<<

There's dim light (20% miss chance unless low-light vision or better) in the room and the hallway.

Appario takes 5 points of bleed damage at the start of his turn unless he's healed or receives a DC 15 Heal check before then.

Up next: Yahirma and Appario.


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 12 HP: 123/123(+11) AC: 30 FF: 23, Touch: 22 F:+16, R:+12, W:+19 Perception:+18(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4, False Life, Freedom of Movement, Remove Fear, Resist Energy

Yea, I didn't read it carefully and assumed the whole room was deeper darknessed.


Maddok wrote:
Can Derek stay adjacent to Maddok so he can keep their brotherhood boon going?

Sure, although that will make the area around Maddok very crowded; placing him at R7 instead :)

***

>>>Current Map<<<

There's dim light (20% miss chance unless low-light vision or better) in the room and the hallway.

Appario takes 5 points of bleed damage at the start of his turn unless he's healed or receives a DC 15 Heal check before then.

I just realized I posted the damage to Appario as if the critical was confirmed, when it fact it wasn't. Corrected damage is 21 (13 when aid is taken into account).

Up next: Yahirma and Appario.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

I'm okay with this. Crowded = Less Sneak Attack!


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

Dang. What a great map.

Round 1, Init 6

Appario grunts as he gets slashed repeatedly and begins to bleed. "Ah...Sarenrae's glittering teats!"

Appario will move to S8, drawing Extortion as he moves.

1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 14 + 2 = 36 to hit;
1d10 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 5 + (4) = 13 damage.

Edit: Potential Crit:

1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 14 + 2 = 32 to hit;
1d10 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 damage.

If Yahirma doesn't heal him on her turn, Appario will take 5 bleed and lay on hands to avoid future bleeding.

3d6 ⇒ (1, 1, 2) = 4 healing

Appario's stats:

AC 28, touch 17, flat-footed 25. (+7 armor, +3 Dex, +2 shield, +2 deflection, +1 dodge, +3 barkskin)
hp 37/61 -- not including lay on hands above or bleed yet
Fort +8, Ref +11, Will +8

Lay on Hands: 3d6 healing (3/5 used) -- possible 4/5
Smite Evil (+2 to hit, +2 AC, +6 damage) 2/day - 1 used
Divine Bond 6/min day. -used

Magic Circle Protection from Evil 10'
Barkskin +3


Female Changeling (Mauxi Mwangi) Mwangi Spiritualist 12

Not to worry, Appario.

Yahirma jumps in shock as a flurry of sword swings and waves of night greet Appario. One day we will walk into a room that is neither trapped nor set for an ambush, she silently promises herself before recovering from her combat paralysis and turning the corner. She arrives at O8, tries to get a glimpse of the situation, and is blocked by Appario.

Honestly now...oh!

Spotting Appario's wound, her sense of triage rearranges her priorities, applies pressure, and elevates for maximum effect.

Cure serious wounds 3d8 + 8 ⇒ (3, 5, 5) + 8 = 21

Fair warning - Yahirma can likely only see columns 7 and 8 for Misfortune purposes. Anyone can feel free to grab it for avoiding critical hits, pushing saving throws, etc.


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

Yip yip Yahrima! Yip yip Yahirma!

No lay on hands, no bleed.

Appario's stats:

AC 28, touch 17, flat-footed 25. (+7 armor, +3 Dex, +2 shield, +2 deflection, +1 dodge, +3 barkskin)
hp 61/61
Fort +8, Ref +11, Will +8

Lay on Hands: 3d6 healing (3/5 used)
Smite Evil (+2 to hit, +2 AC, +6 damage) 2/day - 1 used
Divine Bond 6/min day. -used

Magic Circle Protection from Evil 10'
Barkskin +3


First, an apology for moving on from the trapped room without everyone involved specifying that they were okay with moving on. If anyone wanted to check that room out more thoroughly before continuing down the hallway, that can be handled simultaneously with the current combat (and I'll just adjust the timescale).

***

I'll also note that Appario has already received misfortune today, while Yahirma has used fortune on herself once. I believe both were against the Mhartis estate vampire's domination effect.

***

Appario's sword strikes well, slicing through leather, flesh and bone in the stalker's chest.

***

The grappled stalker attempts to wriggle its way free from Maddok's grip.

CMB to break grapple: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

It's probably worth a misfortune to avoid the other stalker getting to flank, so:

Misfortune reroll: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

The stalker, while appearing to gain the upper hand momentarily, fails in its attempt as its hands slide off Maddok's sweaty body.

***

The other stalker moves into the combat, choosing the Morrowfall-wielding Derek as its target.

Short sword attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19
Short sword damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

The attack misses.

***

>>>Current Map<<< (Maddok and Stalker #2 are grappling)

There's dim light (20% miss chance unless low-light vision or better) in the room and the hallway.

Up next: The PCs. Derek will hold until everyone else have acted.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Don't worry about it Are. I have no issues at all with moving forward when it's pretty clear that's the plan.

The archons, seeing that their wards are safe for the time, move into position above and unleash a volley of hated light onto the ungrappled stalker.

1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 3 - 4 = 2
1d100 ⇒ 14
1d6 ⇒ 4

1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 3 - 4 = 17
1d100 ⇒ 52
1d6 ⇒ 6

1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 3 - 4 = 7
1d100 ⇒ 78
1d6 ⇒ 5

1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 3 - 4 = 0
1d100 ⇒ 58
1d6 ⇒ 3

Maddok continues wrestling with his foe and with a grunt, pins the stalker's arms to his sides.

1d20 + 15 + 1 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 15 + 1 + 5 = 29


One light ray hits the stalker, the others flying high and wide of it.

The grappling stalker is now pinned.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

That should trigger some Aura of Menace saves I believe.


Okay, okay :)

***

Will save vs aura of menace #1 (Stalker #2): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Will save vs aura of menace #2 (Stalker #2): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Will save vs aura of menace #1 (Stalker #3): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Will save vs aura of menace #2 (Stalker #3): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

The unpinned stalker seems to have been weakened by the presence of the archons.

6,651 to 6,700 of 10,986 << first < prev | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM CH-P's CoT: The Bastards of Erebus All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.