Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM CH-P's CoT: The Bastards of Erebus

Game Master Are


6,601 to 6,650 of 10,986 << first < prev | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | next > last >>

You're crippling yourself a little too much, Derek! Your attacks don't suffer penalties from being blinded, apart from the miss chance. So those should be 1d20+6 and 1d20+1, plus your damage should be 1d6+1.

***

Realizing what Yahirma is trying to do as she moves into the supernatural darkness, Livia makes her way closer to the stalker and calls out "Here!" in Infernal. Moments after casting her spell, Yahirma hears a cry of surprise and the soft thud of someone falling to the ground, followed by the chain returning to her side.

***

In his blindness, Derek's wildly swinging attacks are almost closer to hitting Maddok than his opponent.

***

As Maddok moves around Derek towards the stalker, he leaves himself open to attack from one of the creepers.

Dagger AoO: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
AoO damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

However, the creeper misses the Shoanti warrior.

***

>>>Current Map<<<

Derek and Appario are blinded. Appario is still invisible, but I figured it's easier for everyone if I show him on the map.

There's dim light (20% miss chance unless low-light vision or better) in the western room plus O19-O21 and N21, while there's normal light in the small room above the staircase. There's supernatural darkness in and below the staircase, and regular non-magical darkness in the remaining hallway.

Up next: Xerath (round 6) and Appario (round 7). In addition, Xerath can take an AoO against the stalker as it moves through his threat range.


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 12 HP: 123/123(+11) AC: 30 FF: 23, Touch: 22 F:+16, R:+12, W:+19 Perception:+18(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4, False Life, Freedom of Movement, Remove Fear, Resist Energy

AOO

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Xerath then releases his grip on his weapon, steps to N16 and unleashes a right hook to the stalker.

Flank + Stonefist
1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 2 = 20

1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 Fear my 1/2 BAB!


Xerath's spear pierces the stalker's flesh as it moves forward, but he's not as accurate with his fist, and the stalker easily dodges the attempt.

***

>>>Current Map<<<

Derek and Appario are blinded. Appario is still invisible, but I figured it's easier for everyone if I show him on the map.

There's dim light (20% miss chance unless low-light vision or better) in the western room plus O19-O21 and N21, while there's normal light in the small room above the staircase. There's supernatural darkness in and below the staircase, and regular non-magical darkness in the remaining hallway.

Up next: Appario (round 7).


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

Appario moves to N16 and takes total defense.

Heck of a fight. I wonder what's happening.


N16 is already occupied by Xerath.. Placing Appario at N17 instead, as that's the closest unoccupied square.

***

The door in the lower right corner of the room opens (despite Derek earlier believing it to be a false, trapped door), revealing an unarmed creeper standing just inside it. Another creeper comes through the door, choosing the currently blind Derek as its target of choice. The unarmed creeper closes the door behind it.

The creeper in the corner once again attempts to throw a dagger at Xerath, while the remaining creeper and the stalker focus their attacks on the enraged Maddok.

Dagger attack #1 (vs Derek): 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 10 + 2 = 28 (+2: flanking; blinded target)
Dagger attack #2 (vs Maddok): 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 10 + 2 = 32 (+2: flanking)
Dagger attack #3 (vs Xerath): 1d20 + 9 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 9 - 1 = 16 (+1: range penalty)

Dagger damage #1: 1d3 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 2 + (6, 4) = 14 (+2d6: sneak attack)
Dagger damage #2: 1d3 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 2 + (4, 4) = 13 (+2d6: sneak attack)
Dagger damage #3: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Short sword attack #1 (vs Maddok): 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 14 + 2 = 28 (+2: flanking)
Short sword attack #2 (vs Maddok): 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 14 + 2 = 17 (+2: flanking)
Short sword attack #3 (vs Maddok): 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 2 = 18 (+2: flanking)
Short sword attack #4 (vs Maddok): 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 9 + 2 = 29 (+2: flanking)

Short sword damage #1: 1d6 + 3 + 5d6 ⇒ (3) + 3 + (3, 6, 5, 3, 5) = 28 (+5d6: sneak attack)
Short sword damage #2: 1d6 + 3 + 5d6 ⇒ (3) + 3 + (1, 5, 5, 3, 1) = 21 (+5d6: sneak attack)
Short sword damage #3: 1d6 + 3 + 5d6 ⇒ (6) + 3 + (4, 5, 5, 6, 1) = 30 (+5d6: sneak attack)
Short sword damage #4: 1d6 + 3 + 5d6 ⇒ (2) + 3 + (6, 3, 1, 6, 3) = 24 (+5d6: sneak attack)

Potential critical (dagger attack #2): 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 2 = 22
Critical damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Fortitude vs poison (Derek): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Fortitude vs poison (Maddok): 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 11 + 2 = 28 (+2: rage CON bonus)

***

Derek is struck by the newcomer, and takes 14 damage.

Maddok is struck twice by the stalker and also by the creeper, taking a total of 65 damage (64 once the 1 remaining point of aid is removed).

Both Derek and Maddok resist the poison.

The ranged attack against Xerath misses again.

***

Map coming up shortly.


The blind stalker near Yahirma and Livia realizes its defenses are not sufficient to facilitate an escape when it can't see, but its assailants can see it.

Despite still not seeing the stalker below the staircase, Yahirma hears it when it calls out in halting Infernal.

"You defeat me! I surrender!"

***

>>>Current Map<<<

Appario is still invisible.

Derek and Appario are blinded during their turn, but will see again before the next enemy turn.

Maddok takes 5 points of bleed damage at the start of his turn, unless he receives some form of healing or a DC 15 Heal check before then.

There's dim light (20% miss chance unless low-light vision or better) in the western room plus O19-O21 and N21, while there's normal light in the small room above the staircase. There's supernatural darkness in and below the staircase, and regular non-magical darkness in the remaining hallway.

Up next: The PCs except Appario (round 7), and Appario (round 8).


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

Derek curses, trying to heal himself as best as he can with a spell.
Cure serious wounds, Defensive casting: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23
Cure serious wounds: 2d8 + 8 ⇒ (4, 7) + 8 = 19


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 12 HP: 123/123(+11) AC: 30 FF: 23, Touch: 22 F:+16, R:+12, W:+19 Perception:+18(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4, False Life, Freedom of Movement, Remove Fear, Resist Energy

Xerath continues to fight at the stalker.

1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 2 = 9

1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Cure serious wounds is 3d8, so Derek gets healed for an additional 1d8 ⇒ 7.

***

Almost all of Derek's wounds close up, leaving only a few minor cuts.

Xerath misses the stalker again, this time nearly clawing at himself.

***

Map and other information as above.

Up next: Maddok and Yahirma (round 7), Appario (round 8).


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

This may be the end for Maddok.

Maddok howls in pain as the dark folk's blades pierce his back and sides. Even on the brink of death, the Shoanti's fury is unabated. He focuses his assault on the central creeper. #5

Rage 14/18

1d20 + 16 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 16 + 1 = 24
1d6 + 21 ⇒ (6) + 21 = 27
1d100 ⇒ 53

1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 11 + 1 = 26
1d6 + 21 ⇒ (5) + 21 = 26
1d100 ⇒ 43

"Yahirma, we need your help!", the wounded smith cries hoarsely.

If the first one drops the creeper Maddok will move to O18, otherwise step to O17. In either case he'll attempt to do so stealthily.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

Oh yeah, I was thinking in 2nd edition terms again, there were no cure moderate in that game.
Sorry for the confusion.

Damnit! Big brother needs me, Clear up damn my eyes!


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

That didn't sound good.

Appario move to heal Maddok (which depends on what happens with his attacks).

"Here you go, Mad. I'll be back in this fight as soon as I can see..."

Lay on Hands:3d6 ⇒ (1, 4, 3) = 8 healing

Appario's stats:

AC 25, touch 17, flat-footed 22. (+7 armor, +3 Dex, +2 shield, +2 deflection, +1 dodge)
hp 44/61
Fort +8, Ref +11, Will +8

Lay on Hands: 3d6 healing (3/5 used)
Smite Evil (+2 to hit, +2 AC, +6 damage) 2/day - 1 used
Divine Bond 6/min day. -used


Don't forget the bleed damage :)

***

Maddok destroys the creeper with two powerful blows, the first crushing into its side and the second smashing its skull. It explodes in a burst of blinding light.

Fortitude vs blindness (Maddok): 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 11 + 2 = 33 (+2: rage CON bonus)
Fortitude vs blindness (Stalker): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Fortitude vs blindness (Creeper #1): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Fortitude vs blindness (Creeper #4): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Blindness duration: 1d6 ⇒ 2 rounds (minimum 1 round for dark folk, even on a successful save)

The explosion of light blinds all of the dark folk in the room temporarily, while Maddok once again resists its effects.

***

>>>Current Map<<< (the red-ringed dark folk are blinded)

Appario is still invisible. He's also blinded during his turn, but will see again before the next enemy turn.

There's dim light (20% miss chance unless low-light vision or better) in the western room plus O19-O21 and N21, while there's normal light in the small room above the staircase. There's supernatural darkness in and below the staircase, and regular non-magical darkness in the remaining hallway.

Up next: Yahirma (round 7).


Appario's healing hands close a few of Maddok's many wounds, but many more remain. It also stops the gushing stream of blood from the stalker's cuts.

(ending the bleed effect)

***

By the staircase, Livia makes her way to Yahirma's side, whispering in Infernal.

"Maddok is shouting for your help!"

***

Map and info as above, except Appario is no longer blind.

Up next: Yahirma (round 7)


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20
DM Are wrote:
Don't forget the bleed damage :)

How could I?

Maddok breathes a small sigh of relief as his gushing wound closes up from the invisible Appario's healing touch. He still sways on his feet as if only standing from willpower alone.


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

Stating Dereks next round action before bed, just to not hold anything up.

Steping up behind his big brother, Derek places his a hand on his shoulder and sings out a soothing tone.
5' step to O18.
Cure serious wounds: 3d8 + 8 ⇒ (5, 5, 8) + 8 = 26


Female Changeling (Mauxi Mwangi) Mwangi Spiritualist 12

Yahirma snaps out of her murderous reverie at Livia's insistence regarding Maddok's call for help. She tries to share a look with Livia in the darkness and then whispers quick instructions for her.

Infernal for Livia:
"Have you ever managed a prisoner before? Keep an eye on him; he's in your hands right now."

As she turns to head up the stairs, Yahirma adds a parting remark for the stalker's benefit before crooking her finger to give the chain one more command.

Infernal:
"Your warden is watching. Remember that you are to go nowhere."

Chain CMB to drag towards the stairs 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (18) + 17 = 35

She then makes her way up the stairs, shakes her head at a clearly disappointed hag-spirit, and heads down the hall as quickly as she can.


Livia smiles happily, whispering back.

Infernal:

"I can do that! Should I kill him?!"

***

In the western hall, the stalker elects to withdraw from immediate combat rather than remain while blinded. It moves out of the room through the open door at N15, using its considerable evasive skill to move at full speed despite being blinded (it can't fail the DC 10 acrobatics check to do so).

The traces of supernatural darkness exit the room along with the stalker, leaving the room lit as by a lantern.

The creeper in the southwest corner stays there, while the creeper by Derek also withdraws, moving slowly to avoid stepping a foot wrong and choosing the northwest corner as its refuge. Both remain blinded.

Several more of Maddok's wounds close up as his little brother touches them.

***

>>>Current Map<<< (the two red-ringed creepers are blinded)

Appario is still invisible.

There's normal light everywhere except K23 and further east where there's natural darkness, and in and below the staircase where there's supernatural darkness.

Up next: Maddok, Xerath, Yahirma (round 8), Appario (round 9).


Female Changeling (Mauxi Mwangi) Mwangi Spiritualist 12
DM Are wrote:

Livia smiles happily, whispering back.

** spoiler omitted **

As the hag-spirit nods an emphatic "yes - do it," Yahirma is just able to call out, "Ouchi, Livia!" before bounding out of easy earshot. She grabs at invisible strands in the air and gives the hag-spirit a yanked command to follow along and not cause any trouble.

Infernal:
"No, Livia"


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Maddok takes a deep pained breath as Derek's healing tune mends the worst of his injuries. His shoulders sag as the battle-fury leaves him.

End Rage.

Shoanti:
"Thank you little brother."

The big Shoanti steps over and tries to look down the hall.

Can Maddok see up the hall at all from O16?


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

Round 9, Init first

Appario realizes that now all the enemies are either dead, helpless, fleeing, or blinded that now it's his time to strike!

Springing into action, Appario will spring attack the creeper in Q14, ending in N15.

1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22 to hit;
1d10 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 5 + (3) = 16 damage.

Appario's stats:

AC 25, touch 17, flat-footed 22. (+7 armor, +3 Dex, +2 shield, +2 deflection, +1 dodge)
hp 44/61
Fort +8, Ref +11, Will +8

Lay on Hands: 3d6 healing (3/5 used)
Smite Evil (+2 to hit, +2 AC, +6 damage) 2/day - 1 used
Divine Bond 6/min day. -used

Magic Circle Protection from Evil 10'


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 12 HP: 123/123(+11) AC: 30 FF: 23, Touch: 22 F:+16, R:+12, W:+19 Perception:+18(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4, False Life, Freedom of Movement, Remove Fear, Resist Energy

Sigh.

Xerath walks to P15 to cut off the creeper's escape and launches an uppercut.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Well at least I'm there to physically block him.


Maddok sees a corner of hallway beyond the door. The hallway appears to lead eastwards.

Appario's blade ends the life of the blind creeper, causing a burst of blinding light to erupt from its body.

Fortitude vs blindness (Appario): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Blindness duration: 1d6 ⇒ 5 rounds.

Appario fends off the light's effect. From his ending position, he sees a door on the opposing wall of the hallway, as well as the view of the hallway abruptly ending in a wall of supernatural darkness at M19.

The brawling mage once again misses with his fists.

***

DM rolls:

Eye #1 stealth: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26
Eye #2 stealth: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36

Appario perception #1: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
Derek perception #1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Maddok perception #1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Xerath perception #1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Yahirma perception #1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Appario perception #2: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
Derek perception #2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Maddok perception #2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Xerath perception #2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Yahirma perception #2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

***

Appario notices another small metallic orb, that had been hovering in the corner between wall and ceiling, now moving away towards the east and through a small hole in the wall.

***

>>>Current Map<<< (the red-ringed creeper is blind)

There's normal light everywhere relevant except there's supernatural darkness beginning at M19 in the hallway north of the western room.

Up next: Yahirma (round 8).


Because everyone is going away soon, and because I don't think Yahirma's turn will influence the enemy actions (although it might):

***

While standing in the doorway, Appario suddenly sees that the supernatural darkness further east vanishes, revealing a sharp bend in the hallway.

Appario also notices that the door at N17 doesn't seem to exist on the other side of the wall.

The blind creeper in the corner edges slightly south, then assumes a combat-ready stance as its eyes clear of their temporary blindness, although it still squints at the Morrowfall's light.

***

>>>Current Map<<<

Up next: Yahirma (rounds 8 and 9), Derek, Maddok, Xerath (round 9), and Appario (round 10).


Female Changeling (Mauxi Mwangi) Mwangi Spiritualist 12

Seeing that Maddok is hurt but that the combat is well in hand, Yahirma moves to O17 and administers some preliminary healing.

Cure serious wounds 3d8 + 8 ⇒ (4, 3, 7) + 8 = 22

The hag spirit remains in the hallway, though it gradually dawns upon it that its time is limited.


Yahirma's healing touch closes most of Maddok's remaining wounds, leaving Appario, Derek, and Maddok still with minor injuries, but noone gravely injured.

***

The enemy actions remain the same.

***

>>>Current Map<<<

Up next: Derek, Maddok, Xerath, Yahirma (round 9), and Appario (round 10).


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

Derek, happy to be able to see once more decides to enter the combat again.
Whipping out his rapier, he flourishes it through a circle of eight in the air, before rushing towards the creeper, the rapier trailing behind him.
The rush forward appears suicidal, but just as he comes within range of the creepers weapon his left leg suddenly seems to collapse, and he rolls forward and to the side.
As he rolls under the creepers guard, his rapier flashes out quickly in a sting of the honeybee .
Derek then regains his feet expertly, well out of harm’s way.

Really just a fancy way of saying that Derek performs a spring attack to Q14
Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Critical confirmation: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Critical damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Derek's expert swordsmanship grants him the honor of achieving first blood on the last remaining creeper.

***

>>>Current Map<<<

Up next: Maddok, Xerath, Yahirma (round 9), Appario (round 10).


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

I never actually took any actions for round 8.

Maddok retrieves a potion and quickly downs its contents, washing away the weariness from his rage.

Potion of Lesser Restoration.

After Yahirma applies her own healing spell, Maddok feels and looks leagues better.

***

Maddok draws and consumes another magical tincture and then steps in alongside his little brother. P15

Potion of CSW.
3d8 + 5 ⇒ (5, 3, 8) + 5 = 21

After the potion takes its effect, the only evidence left of the Shoanti's near-mortal wounds he had seconds prior are the blood coating his armor and several new scars.


Male Chelish Arcane Caster 12 HP: 123/123(+11) AC: 30 FF: 23, Touch: 22 F:+16, R:+12, W:+19 Perception:+18(Effects: Mage Armor, Heroism, Barkskin+4, False Life, Freedom of Movement, Remove Fear, Resist Energy

The brawling mage steps over to N14 and continues to brawl while Maddok heals his papercuts.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Xerath finally connects with a punch, throwing the creeper's head back momentarily from the impact.

***

>>>Current Map<<<

Up next: Yahirma (round 9), Appario (round 10).


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

Round 10

Appario looks down the corridor.

"Looks like some escaped this way. If we can keep the light moving, we should be able to clean this place out. Follow me?"

Appario will spring attack to P16 to strike at the creeper...

1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 14 + 2 = 35 to hit;
1d10 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (9) + 5 + (3) = 17 damage.

...and then finish his spring at N15.

Edit: pot crit:

1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 14 + 2 = 18 to hit;
1d10 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 5 + (5) = 15 damage.


Sorry, but Appario can't spring attack the creeper. It's adjacent to Appario already, and spring attack specifically excludes using it against someone who was adjacent at the start of your turn :)

But if Appario uses an ordinary attack instead:

***

Appario's sword slices the creeper's head clean off its shoulders, causing yet another combustion of light.

Fortitude vs blindness (Appario): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Fortitude vs blindness (Derek): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Fortitude vs blindness (Maddok): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Fortitude vs blindness (Xerath): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Blindness duration: 1d6 ⇒ 3 rounds.

Once again, and ironically for the Morrowfall-wielder, Derek is blinded by a creeper explosion. This time lasting 3 rounds.

***

Map as above, except the creeper is dead.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Maddok nods.

"Little brother, take my shoulder and follow us."


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 4

"This is getting REALLY old..."
Sighing, Derek takes a firm grip on Maddoks shoulder, and an even firmer grip on the Morrowfall, lest someone tries to snatch it while he cannot see.


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

"Lead the way Appario."


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

Appario moves to M16.

"Let's get some light up here, eh? I don't like being stabbed in the dark. In the light is fine, but in the dark is where Sarenrae weeps."

"Yahirma, would you ask your friend to stand down there? Guard that way?" Appario points down the M corridor (going east).

Appario will ready to open the M16/L16 door.

"Maddok, you're with we. Xerath, uh, prepare to blast something or something."

Edit: While waiting for others to get into position, Appario will draw and drink a potion of CMW.

2d8 + 3 ⇒ (1, 7) + 3 = 11

hp 52/61


Female Changeling (Mauxi Mwangi) Mwangi Spiritualist 12

Seems we're briefly out of combat.

Appario's words are some of the few that have made any sense to Yahirma over the past minute, and her head snaps up to look in his direction. "Ah, yes, I think she can..." Yahirma trails off as the hag-spirit dissipates, shaking its bloodied blade in frustration. "I understand that Livia is presently guarding a prisoner downstairs. If one of the enemy has escaped, then we are served as effectively by regrouping and interrogating a local mind about the dangers ahead than we are rushing into areas unknown after a more informed runner," she recommends while hoping that nobody knows enough of her own reckless pursuit to identify the hypocrisy of her suggestion.

As if remembering that she has a captive, Yahirma reaches one hand towards the hallway, grasps at the air, and pulls emphatically towards herself. Downstairs, the chain again pulls at the stalker. "Livia," she calls out, "Kindly bring your friend up here."

Chain attempts to drag the stalker - because why not? 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (16) + 17 = 33

As Yahirma pulls out a well-used wand, she listens intently for the sweet sound of a body being dragged up the stairs.

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Wand of CLW on Appario when I get a chance 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
And again! 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

"Thank you, Yahirma."

58/61


Going to assume a little bit to speed things up:

DM rolls:

Appario perception #1: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16
Appario perception #1: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

***

The first door Appario opens reveals a neat office, outfitted with an elegant desk and chair. A tall file cabinet stands behind the desk. Two doors in the office lead to a small bedchamber and a privy.

The office is K/L-15/17, the bedchamber is I/J-17/18, and the privy is K/L-18.

***

Following the hallway to the east and further north, it opens into a kitchen of sorts. There's a small fireplace with a grill in the eastern wall, and a closed cupboard on the opposite wall. A small table with a few chairs sit in the center of the room. There's a privy nearby as well.

The kitchen is I/J-19/22, while the privy is K/L-19.

***

Yahirma indeed hears the satisfying sound of someone being dragged up the stairs, followed a few rounds later by Livia appearing with her chained charge not far behind.

Derek's vision clears while all this goes on, followed not long after by the chain vanishing.

***

>>>Current Map<<<


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Seeing no evidence of their fleeing foes, Maddok returns to Livia's prisoner.

The big Shoanti lifts the dark folk by the collar and growls.

"A few of your kind fled down that hall but there's no sign of them. Where did they go? Did they flee to your Sandor?"

Intimidate - 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (14) + 17 = 31


The stalker's blind eyes attempt to focus on Maddok, although without much success.

"I don't know. There are many halls and many hidden pathways. Maybe he fled, or maybe he sets up an ambush. Perhaps he went to Sandor the Strange, but probably not. The wizard is not our friend."


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

"How do you reach the wizard's lair from the room with the false doors?", Maddok demands. "Is it on this floor or below?"


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

Appario will put on his lens and search for secret doors, sure that something might be there.

1d20 + 11 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 11 + 5 = 31 Perception
1d20 + 11 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 11 + 5 = 29 Perception
1d20 + 11 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 11 + 5 = 28 Perception


Appario discovers that three of the doors in the room where the group fought earlier are false and trapped (at N17, Q14, and Q18), but he also discovers that the last of those (Q18)) has a hidden door behind it, that can likely only be opened from the other side unless the trap is disabled.

In addition, he finds a hidden door in the kitchen (at I19).

***

The stalker thinks for a moment. "The wizard's chambers are on this floor. There are two ways you can go. Both of the real doors lead there, through hidden paths. The kitchen hides a path, and the room to the west hides another."

He pauses. "The wizard keeps to himself. He doesn't let anyone in. I wouldn't go see him, if I were you."


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

"Why not? Is he also the one your group calls the Lord of Shadows?"


"Why? He's a master of magic who doesn't like being disturbed. That's reason enough for me to stay far away."

The stalker makes a strange sound Maddok eventually realizes might be a laugh. "No, he's not. The Lord of Shadows is a great man."


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Maddok grows increasingly aggressive. His tattoos begin to glow softly.

"Is he here?"


Seeing no sign of glowing tattoos, the blind stalker continues to answer calmly. "Yes, in the dungeons below."


Male Shoanti Barbarian/Summoner 12 | 136/136 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 25 (29 /w barkskin) (+1 near Derek) [touch 16, FF 23], Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +12; Perception +6
Resources:
1st 5/6 | 2nd 1/5 | 3rd 1/4 | 4th 3/3 | Summon 7/7 | Rage 20/20

Consulted with Xerath and Appario. It looks like we're going after the wizard.

"Then he's next."

Maddok ties the blind stalker tightly and then follows Appario through the hidden door in the kitchen, dragging the prisoner along.

6,601 to 6,650 of 10,986 << first < prev | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM CH-P's CoT: The Bastards of Erebus All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.