Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM CH-P's CoT: The Bastards of Erebus

Game Master Are


451 to 500 of 10,874 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

If Appario has time, he will small talk with the following:

Ermolos:
Appario wants to know if his shop has any security problems or needs any services from the Church of Abadar.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Rizzardo:
As a fellow and relative newcomer to the City, Appario will ask Rizzardo for tips about the City and things he should know.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Sclavo:
Appario will engage Sclavo about her worship of Iomadae in this City. New to the City, Appario is uncertain about how much of his faith he can show and who may or may not be offended by it.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Religion1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Tarvi:
Appario wants to know if her jewelry shop has any security problems or needs any services from the Church of Abadar, otherwise will just make small talk, probing her about her interest in magic.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Everyone:
Appario will seek to learn more about the Shadowbeasts (which he heard about from whispers). As such things are a threat to civilization and commerce, Appario is keenly interested in stopping them.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Other than that, Appario will just enjoy the night, whispering as necessary to Semenya (though it does freak him out a bit).


Eklektos:

Vitti saddens as he responds. "Unfortunately, Hagwood hasn't been safe for a long time; the name isn't just for show. There are real hags dwelling there, and other monstrous creatures too. It's a dangerous place, even for someone as skilled as yourself. My father was a kind and good-natured man, and I had hoped to ask him more questions about my ancestry, but he perished in a storm several years ago when the ship he travelled on capsized on the way to Absalom."

Derek:

Amaya looks up in surprise as Derek invites her onto the table. "Me? But you are so talented! I couldn't possibly.." She blushes and looks away briefly, then seems to steel herself. "If you really want me to, I suppose I could give it a try." Taking Derek's helping hand, she climbs up to join him, while keeping her skirt in place with her other hand. She's not entirely successful, as you can't help but catch a glimpse of a well-shaped leg.

Appario:

Ermolos seems reluctant to discuss such matters at first, but some coaxing loosens his tongue. "It's supposed to be a secret, but I know that my master pays a group of thugs for "protection" once each month. He seemed to be fine with it until recently, but now the thugs have become more aggressive, and the payments steeper. I fear that he will do something foolish the next time they come to collect. I'm sure he would be happy to receive help from the church instead of having to pay those low-lifes every month."

Rizzardo is a loud fellow, and appears to have had his fair share of drink tonight. "Oh, not to worry! This city has something for everyone! And the way the various factions of the dottari and the hellknights tend to fight amongst themselves for jurisdiction, it's a wonder they ever get anything done. The mayor seems content to build new opera houses and entertainment venues, but that may be just as well. They say he's not the brightest when it comes to official affairs."

Sclavo perks up in delight at being addressed. "As you probably know, the church of Asmodeus is the most popular one in Westcrown. Whether true worship or simply lip-service, it has far more followers than any other faith. Those faithful to Iomedae, such as myself, tend to keep in close-knit circles. Hers is not a faith I can safely proclaim to my co-workers, which is even sadder considering she was born here in Cheliax. Most other faiths have it much easier, and you should have no issues with your faith in Abadar."

Tarvi laughs as you suggest the shop might have problems with security. "Oh no, the dottari make sure nothing too problematic happens out on the central island! Just think what would happen if the nobles couldn't get the latest fashionables!" Pausing to consider, she then goes on. "My father might be interested in securing a sizable vault locker though." Changing the subject, she continues. "As for me, I'm trying to figure out how to create magical jewelry. That could become the next big fashion! What do you think?"

Regarding the shadowbeasts, you discover that they began appearing around 30 years ago, and have caused fear and trepidation in Westcrown ever since. The curfew does a decent job at keeping people away from the streets at night, but new tales of deadly attacks arise weekly. The dottari maintains several man-sized torches (called pyrahjes) on the central island and in the major plazas of the western city, patrolling between them carrying long staves hooked with lanterns. Such lanterns are also made available to the public along the most traveled streets. Despite having been around for over 30 years though, nobody seems to know exactly why the creatures are here or where they came from, although several different theories float about. Some think they were always close, but were kept at bay by Aroden's might, while others think they have been enlisted by the government to maintain order. In either case, the people have adapted fairly well to the nightly curfew.


Male Aasimar Druid 2

"Perhaps someday the Hagwood won't be quite as dangerous as it is today. We shall see what happens." Eklektos settles in to watch the remainder of the evening's show, feeding Theron from the table as well as himself.


M Human ( Chelis ) Fighter 2

"When we talk of Iomedae faith, i'm in....and i can help with thugs and securing vaults"


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 3

Derek begins to sing a popular ballad common to westcrown, it's called "The herald comes" and is a perfect piece for a duet.
He focuses his singing on building up Amaya as much as possible, to instill courage in her and allowing her natural skill to shine through.
During the chorus he encourages everyone to participate as well.

Perform Sing:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
He also takes 10 (for a total of 17) on Perform stringed to accompany the singing


Amaya listens to you sing the first part of the song, then joins in for the female parts. Her voice turns out to be strong, though unpolished. She stumbles through much of the song, but you are able to mask her problems with your own stellar performance. Her confidence does falter somewhat as she can't get the words quite right, and she's blushing fiercely by the time the song is finished.

Amaya's perform (sing): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

You think there is some potential there, but it would require some tutelage to craft her into a successful performer.


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 3

"Very well done, for a first performance, that was quite enjoyable, I think you have a future on the stage, in fact, I think I'm going to become your tutor, under my training you will soon surpass my own meager skill."


Amaya beams at Derek's appreciation. "Do you really think so? I would be honored at becoming your student! This is so exciting!"

As the platters of food and goblets of drink are emptying, Janiven speaks up. "This has been a very enjoyable evening, especially with regards to the entertainment provided!" She nods and smiles to Derek. "But, as with all good things, also this evening has to end. The Hellknights will not be in a good mood after their fiasco today, and they will likely petition the dottari for assistance in making sure nothing of the sort happens again. I suggest we all try to lay low for a while."

She pauses and looks at everyone in turn. "Once that has run its course, we should make an effort to win the heart of the people. We should have some sort of symbol that will allow us hide our real identities, yet also allow us to be identified as a group when we act in public. The red armbands and hooded cloaks Amaya suggested this morning should work well, unless someone has a better idea?." Janiven looks up to see if anyone objects to this, then continues.

"To give the public something to rally around, we need a unified name as well. There were several suggestions mounted this morning, but I don't think one was agreed upon before we had to leave to set up Arael's rescue. Let me see if I can remember them all... My suggestion was Children of Westcrown, other names mentioned were Knights of Westcrown, Saints of Westcrown, Ghosts of Delvehaven, and Justicars of Westcrown. What is your preference?"


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

Appario listens with delight as Derek entices a melody out of Amaya and stops talking for the duration of the performance.

I wonder if Derek wants to get another performance out of Amaya...a private one. If so, he's off to a good start.

At the conclusion of the duet, Appario will clap or hoot as appropriate.

Upon listening to Janiven's words, it becomes apparent, moreso, to Appario that he has walked into something a bit bigger, a bit larger, than he had originally thought. Obviously intrigued by the possibilities, he begins to think of his own symbols and names.

Of the ones that Janiven has mentioned, he likes Children of Westcrown (even though it doesn't necessarily apply to him) or the Knights of Westcrown (even though the term 'knight' is even less applicable to him).

He briefly considers tossing out his own suggestion: The Balancing Scales of Westcrown, but realizes that is folly and keeps his tongue.

Appario will hoot approval for either Children of Westcrown or the Knights of Westcrown. Either way, Appario *wants* be a part of this.


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 3

"Very well then, you may now consider yourself the newest member of the Keegan acting troupe, I will make sure to introduce you to my grandfather once the chance presents itself." Derek smiles, bows and kisses Amayas hand.

Ah, the name WAS undecided then afterall."

"I still think that "The saints of westcrown" is the most fun name, it flies in the face of the traditional devil worship of Cheliax and at the same time speaks of our wish to succour the people of westcrown, but I am willing to bend to the wishes of the group should my voice fall on deaf ears."

Derek then does a theatrical back flip off the table.

Acrobatics:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Landing deftly on his feet he bows again and grins.

"May I also suggest we do not go with the color red? It is a common color amongs the Asmodeus church afterall, we want to distance ourselves from that."


Female Half-Orc Sorcerer, 7th (Brass Draconic Bloodline)

Semenya rises, her maroon sleeves sliding back from her malachite skin, the brass of her tattoos showing on her forearm. "I've a fondness for green, myself." She waits for the laughter to die down.

"It also has some symbolism in the rest of the world." She nods to Apofyosi. "It is the color of rebirth. It is the color of spring and renewal."

"May I suggest that we use it for the color theme for the group? And choose a name that indicates our aim to renew the liberties of the people of Westcrown?"

"Perhaps the Gardeners of Westcrown? Tending and nurturing the first shoots of liberty, rising out from the hard pack of the heavy tread of the Asmodeans, and the Thrice Damned House of Thrune?"


M Human ( Chelis ) Fighter 2

"If you ask me, i'll come with some name like The bonecrusher of Westcrown so maybe better you choose one hahahahaaaaa!!!! now where did i put that bottle?"


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 3

"The gardeners of westcrown? Why that is an inspired suggestion, responsible for the care and tending of plants, but also for pruning away the useless and getting rid of the chaff and dead bits...I'm all in favour of that name myself."


Male Aasimar Druid 2

"The Gardeners of Westcrown might be an interesting name. White would also be a counter-color to the church of Asmodeus. Green and White opposing the Red and Black? I've just thought of another idea." He gestures to the shrine at the head of the room. "What about we reference Aroden? He was the patron deity of this country before Asmodeus. That gives us a symbol to use for the group, as well. The winged eye can be our mark. Our costume could be priestly raiment of the Church of Aroden, in green and white. Why not Aroden's Gardeners, or some such name?"


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 3

"Now that would certainly be a massive middle finger aimed right at the heart of the house of Thrune, "The gardners of Aroden" have my support indeed. Not so sure about dressing up in anothr gods priestly rainments however, but something green and something white certainly. A white cloak with a green armband would be quite stylish. But a green cloak with a white armband would make it easier to hide in. Add a winged eye to the back of the cloak and you've got a uniform."


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

Gardeners? Of Westcrown?

Appario blanches at the name, but not the concept. Smiling to himself, he ponders more:

"Fear the mighty rake of Aroden!" I can see all shrubberies quaking in fear at that battlecry. "Evildoer, prepare to be smitten by my BattleHoe!"

Continuing in thought:

I *do* like the idea of pruning the evil from this city. There is much corruption to be rooted out and brought to light. That *is* a concept that I can get behind.

Appario will get behind the concept, realizing that the name may be less important but something symbolic will aid us in our efforts.


Male Aasimar Druid 2

Is this a +1 keen flame burst spell-storing vorpal BattleHoe, or merely a mundane battlehoe?


Janiven seems excited about the new ideas. "Gardeners of Westcrown is an excellent suggestion! I like the idea of a green cloak with white armbands, too." Musing on the suggestion of using Aroden's name, she continues. "I'm not sure we should invoke the name of a deity.. we wouldn't want to push away those of other faiths who could be sympathetic to our cause."


Male Aasimar Druid 2

"That is actually part of the reason I think we should invoke Aroden. Aroden doesn't have many, if any, major disagreements with the other faiths who would support our position, and many of Asmodeus's supporters were originally supporters of Aroden. Those supporters would flock to our cause, even if they had to give public lip service to Asmodeus. And there is another matter to consider. Aroden, for all his status as a deity and the Last Azlanti, is dead. His power is faded, and I'm not certain that creating a shadow group that supports his name would offend the other deities. I personally would be willing to portray a supporter of Aroden in whatever role I have as a member of this group. I don't believe that would interfere with my worship of Gozreh. I am merely a subject here, though. You and Arael are the leaders."


"You have convinced me, Eklektos. Let it be so." Janiven turns her attention to the entire group. "Let us henceforth be known as Aroden's Gardeners! We shall nurture the spirit of Westcrown's people, and watch their confidence grow, until they spring out in full bloom! The night will once again belong to the people, without fear of monsters jumping from every shadow!" Applause and excited cheers follow her short speech.

The party winding down, those who have reason to get up early the next morning (Amaya, Ermolos, Fiosa, Gorvio, Larko, and Sclavo) say their goodbyes and prepare to leave as a collective group.

Before they leave, Janiven asks "Would some of you be so kind as to go with them and make sure they get safely home?"

The remainder of the group aid Janiven in clearing the table and getting everything set up as normal, then create makeshift beds for themselves on the floor or the surprisingly comfortable pews.


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

So now am I to become a Gardener? As long as I don't tell my supervisors...or my parents! My parents would never understand. I'll just keep this "Gardening" to myself.

Smiling at the thought, Appario will finish of his wine and prepare himself to escort. Attaching his shield and sword to his back, Appario looks around at who is ready to leave.

"It would be my honor, Janiven, to assist my new friends to their homes. Perhaps a sampling of the protection services offered by Abadar will leave them wanting more," Appario says with a smirk.

Figuring that Derek will probably want to see the prized Amaya home personally, Appario will stand ready to make small talk with rest of the group as they make their way through the city.


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 3

Derek can almost read Apparios thoughts, and winks at him before walking over to Amaya and offering his arm.
"What kind of teacher does not make sure his new student gets to her home all safe and sound?"


Amaya gratefully accepts Derek's proffered arm, while the others flock to Appario's side. As you make your way outside, it's immediately obvious that day has given way to night.

It's dark, and shadows flicker in every alleyway. There are islands of light throughout the main street, clearly visible from the side street you emerge in. The streets are eerily deserted, although most windows are candle-lit.


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 3

"Where there are light in the darkness, there are invariably shadows, for where darkness retreats but does not yield only the shadows remains."

Mindful of making sure that Amaya get's home safely, Derek sings a single tune and calls a sphere of light into being, settling it on his glove.

"This should light our way and see us to our destination. The magic of song is not as flashy or impressive as the wizardly ways, but it serves its purpose."

Derek turns to the others. "Let us remain together for as long as we can, no martyrs for the cause eh?"


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

"Indeed, friend Derek, we should stick together. And your light is welcome...it is darker than I thought it would be out here."

Appario will take a moment to equip his shield, as a protector, he might has well be equipped to protect should such things be necessary.


M Human ( Chelis ) Fighter 2

"If there is to assure the safety of someone, and more important to have a nice evening brawl you cannot leave me here doing nothing but looking at my hands"

"I want to come too of course"


Female Half-Orc Sorcerer, 7th (Brass Draconic Bloodline)

"I will be happy to go with a group and lend my eyes to the cause of vigilance." Semenya cats Message to link herself and Appario and Arodio with secure communications.

I do hope that we don't encounter anything tonight. We're not equipped to deal with shadow beasts.


Male Aasimar Druid 2

"I would be remiss if I were to allow you all to go alone. Theron and I shall help with escorting you all home." Eklektos will cast Light on the tip of his spear, periodically re-casting it as it runs out every 20 minutes or so, and take up the rear guard. Theron will follow at the edge of the circle of bright light.


Well-lit and with such a large group, you encounter few difficulties on your way. You occasionally feel that someone, or something, is watching you from the shadows, but when you turn to look, nothing seems to be there. At one point during your walk, you hear a blood-curdling scream from a few streets away.

Once you've reached the main street, you encounter a few dottari patrols that simply try to hurry you on your way. Near the western city gate you hear the sound of horses fast approaching, and you see a Hellknight patrol coming through the gate, barely slowing down before turning in the direction you were just coming from. As they pass by you, Arodio and Eklektos notice that the horses look like they've been driven hard for at least an hour if not more.

About an hour after you left the shrine, almost everyone is back home safely. The winding route you've taken ends up at Amaya's place, whether by chance or design.


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 3

"Well now, this was a small adventure in itself was it not? I dare say there is a chance we were responsible for the speed of that hellknight patrol, but then again maybe not."

Derek smiles warmly at Amaya, bows to her while sweeping of his hat with one hand and taking her hand in his other, he kisses it softly and winks at her.

"Since we are to lay low for a bit, why don't you come to the playhouse tomorrow for your first lesson, we shall find out where your talent lies best, acting, singing, dancing, oratory or instruments."

While attracted to Amaya, Derek is not willing to jeopardize her lessons at this point and will leave it at that, once she is well on her way, then maybe he will try to be more than a teacher and a friend...but that is later.


Amaya smiles and blushes slightly at Derek's gallantry. "I'd like that very much. I have work to do in the morning, but I can close up early in the afternoon." She says goodbye to the group, and waves to Derek as she disappears into the house.


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 3

"Well then, having seen them all home, I think it's about time we retired for the night as well yes? I for one am eager to get back to my humble abode, have a drink to Cayden and then sleep."


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

To All: "Today was a good day. Shall we meet again on the morrow? I am anxious to begin my 'gardening' work. Mayhaps I will look into those thugs that Ermolos mentioned."


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 3

"Let's lay low for three days before we do anything, and once we do make a move, let's try to do it on the outside of Westcrown, or on the outskirts, that way we can see if the Hellknights are still activly looking. Plus it will give me a little time to test Amaya's talents. After that I'm all game for whatever we might be interested in doing."


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

"I could put off my garden for now, but I see no need to wait on these thugs. There is nothing that would stop us from conducting lawful business, is there?"


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 3

"Well, thugs usually work near to nightfall anyway, so I guess that leaves me some time to instruct Amaya and then meet up with you after. Yes, that would work for me, until tomorrow eve then."


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

Appario cracks a wry smile at Derek's bravdo.

"So you'll just need the morn to 'instruct' dear Amaya? My, my, you work fast, Derek, but I do not think she will crack so easily. I have a gold piece to your silver says that won't.

Nonetheless, I do think thugs, even in the city, do most of their work during the day...too dangerous at night, but I could be mistaken. Maybe I'll do some work on the streets to find out more during the morning so we can discuss in the early afternoon. I think, depending on circumstances, we'll need to talk to them in daylight."


Male Human (Azalanti) Bard 8/Fighter 3

Derek frowns a little, unsure exactly what Appario is driving at, but eventually he shrugs.
"Well, her voice is a little on the unpolished side, but I think I can teacher her to sing clearly and with strenght. And I would not be surprised if I made some progress tomorrow, with my grandfather's help she is sure to become a champion."


Male Aasimar Druid 2

Raising a hand to all present, "Come, friends. It is time we returned to our abodes for the evening. Let's get going before somebody has reason to question us for loitering. Do we risk the darkness, or travel well-lit?"


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

Appario pauses to think whether Derek is making some sort of jest or really has no interest in the beautiful Amaya. Unable to really tell, Appario will smile and just go along with it.

"I'm sure she'll be a champion too, if she follows your lead. I do not doubt that you'll have her singing like a songbird in no time."

"Oh Eklektos, you should know by now that I like to walk in the light. If your light would extend to me, I would be grateful."


If noone has anything more they wish to do during the night:

The night passes without incident, and you awaken to a warm, sunny morning. The city is already bustling with energy as shopkeepers open their stores and stalls, and the early birds are flocking to those that sell fresh produce and warm bread. By the docks, some late starters are just getting their fishing boats ready to leave, while others seem to already be on their way back with fresh catch.

It looks like a fine day is in the making, although the rainclouds out in the bay may find their way into the city before the day is over.


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

Appario lets himself sleep a bit, enjoying his first real day of work (and payment) since arriving in Westcrown. After a quick breakfast, Appario will head to local Abadaran church and offer what will be first of many (he hopes) tithes: 5 gp.

After that, he'll look into the Emerlos's thug problem. Appario will visit the blacksmith and see if there is more to the story. After that, he'll go to the streets to see what he can discreetly learn about the thug group: how many, where they hang out, other 'customers' they may have, etc.

Of course, I'll happily rendezvous with anyone if they want to come with. I'd be happy for the company and the help.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 with the blacksmith.
Diplomacy 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 to gather info about the thugs.

Know(Local) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 for info about the thugs.
Know(Local) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 for anything else that might be helpful.


M Human ( Chelis ) Fighter 2

I have a terribly busy period,so keeping Arodio's posting to the minimum,he is only useful in combat anyway

"I'll help with thugs"


Male Aasimar Druid 2

Eklektos will talk with Janiven and Arael, asking them if there is anything that he and Theron might be able to help with. He has healing talents, and he has some scroll-crafting ability.


Female Half-Orc Sorcerer, 7th (Brass Draconic Bloodline)

Semenya will be investigating who's pulling what strings among the Dottari. If they're not going out to defend caravans, someone may well be paying for that, or paying others to hit them.

Semenya would like to find out whom.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 Diplomacy for Gather Information


Appario:

The blacksmith is gruff and tight-lipped, and you find it hard to get more than a polite "what can I do for you?" out of him. He doesn't seem interested in talking about the thugs, and it takes some prodding from Ermolos to get him to acknowledge that there is a problem. "Well, my apprentice may be right. I should probably let someone else handle the situation. The thugs have become rougher over the past month or so, and it didn't seem to satisfy them to just take the gold and leave last time, although they ended up doing just that. They should be back to collect within the next few days if they keep to their regular schedule. There's usually three of them; one keeping watch outside while the remaining two enter the shop."

You discover that there has been a marked increase in the activity of the various bands of bandits, brigands, thugs, and thieves in and around the city over the past 4-5 weeks, with some of the groups having become very bold and reckless recently.

Eklektos:

Entering the shrine in the morning, you find Arael, Morosino, Mathalen, and Yakopulio working on creating long cloaks out of green and white fabric. Arael thanks you again for the rescue the day before. "I fear what could have happened if I had been imprisoned at the Citadel. Few have escaped once they're inside those walls." He shudders at the thought, then continues. "I'm recovering nicely, thanks in no small part to you. I have had communion with Iomedae this morning, and she has blessed me with good health once again."

Hearing about Eklektos's ability to create scrolls, Arael adds "If you wish to make scrolls for the group, we would naturally be happy to pay you for them."

Semenya:

Like Appario, you also discover that there has been a sudden rise in banditry and crime both inside and outside the city walls over the course of the past month, and rumor has it that the legendary "Council of Thieves" is responsible. Yet, this rumor is strongly contested by the fact that the organization was eradicated several hundred years ago.

In any case, your contacts inform you that the upsurge of criminal activity has left the dottari with its hands full simply trying to handle everything that goes on within the city proper. The countryside has been left for the Hellknights, but they have appeared more interested in hunting so-called rebels and insurgents than in keeping the roads safe for the trade caravans.


Male Aasimar Druid 2
DM Are wrote:

Eklektos:

Entering the shrine in the morning, you find Arael, Morosino, Mathalen, and Yakopulio working on creating long cloaks out of green and white fabric. Arael thanks you again for the rescue the day before. "I fear what could have happened if I had been imprisoned at the Citadel. Few have escaped once they're inside those walls." He shudders at the thought, then continues. "I'm recovering nicely, thanks in no small part to you. I have had communion with Iomedae this morning, and she has blessed me with good health once again."

Hearing about Eklektos's ability to create scrolls, Arael adds "If you wish to make scrolls for the group, we would naturally be happy to pay you for them."

"Are there particular spells that you or your group might find useful? Healing spells, defensive spells, distraction spells?"

I'd also describe the effects of various of the spells Eklektos can cast.


Male Human (Taldan) Abadaran Militant 12

Keeping his agreed meeting time with Derek (and anyone else who agreed to show up) and share what he learned about the thugs, increased thuggery and seeming increase in crime both within and outside of the city.

Already believing Arodio to be very willing to help, Appario suggests that this might be a good 'gardening' opportunity (and a good way for profit for the Church of Abadar).

"The plan is simple, my friends. We simply take this opportunity to let thugs know that this city will have law and order. I believe I can talk the blacksmith into asking us for help and letting us scare off these thugs. From there, I'll have one of my fellow Abadarans set up a proper, legal, and fair protection offer."

"The blacksmith says they are due to return in a few days...we may need to stake out the area until they return and let them know their protection services are no longer needed. In addition, we may be able to learn if there is a larger, coordinated plan behind this. I think it is unlikely...as these seem to be ordinary thugs taking advantage of the situation, but it is something to look into to."

"What counsel and guidance would you give?"


Female Half-Orc Sorcerer, 7th (Brass Draconic Bloodline)

The blacksmith says there are three of them? Could we put them all to sleep...and then let me talk to them?

She moves her hands in the gestures that begin her Hypnotism spell, then stops. "I can be very...persuasive. Particularly with a single person at a time."

"We'll want to know who they work for."


Male Aasimar Druid 2

If I'm there for this

"Might there be something Theron or I could do to help? Crafting scrolls wouldn't necessarily take all day. Perhaps some form of scare-tactic or even just having extra bodies present might convince these thugs to submit."

451 to 500 of 10,874 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM CH-P's CoT: The Bastards of Erebus All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.