Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM CD's Unrest in Atlus

Game Master Vethcyr


1,951 to 2,000 of 2,803 << first < prev | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | next > last >>

HP 81/87 (95 max w rage) Rage 18/18

I'm just going to assume you guys kept the watch order Pygrado suggested.

Martin:
As you sit by the fire, a large man suddenly steps into the light a dozen feet to your right. The man is bald, muscular, and heavily tattooed; he wears a loincloth and a massive greatsword and little else. A small owl is perched on one of the leather straps holding on his sword across his shoulders.

He grins at the sight of you and Ankou, and his voice booms out. Aha! The wolf-man. It is as Twohey (pronounced TOO-ee) has said!

Not-Martin:
You awake to a booming voice. Aha! The wolf-man. It is as Twohey (pronounced TOO-ee) has said! As you look, you see a large, muscular man. He is heavily tattooed, and wears a loincloth and a massive greatsword and little else. A small owl is perched on one of the leather straps holding on his sword across his shoulders. He is grinning.


HP: -11/31, 1st: 5/6, 2nd: 4/5, 3rd: 2/3, Mage Armor Active

Leto stares at the man in confusion. "Hello....who are you and why are you here? And what is a Twohey?"

Leto looks around "or did someone order a stripper while I was asleep? Because that would explain what has brought a man in a loincloth to our camp at this time at night."


HP: 33/45, Smite: 2/2, LoH: 3/6

Gareth groggily awakes to the sound of the loud voice. He stands up and rubs his eyes, half asleep, perking up at Leto's mention of "stripper". Finally his vision focuses on the tattooed man. "You've been looking for the wolfman? What for?" He stops and looks around quickly, "Wait... you mean our Martin, right, not some actual werewolf or something?"


HP 81/87 (95 max w rage) Rage 18/18

The large man grins broadly, and gestures at the owl on his shoulder. This is Twohey. He has lead me to your wolf-man. He looks around at the rest of you, rousing yourselves. I did not intend to wake you; I am sorry. Please, return to sleep and we can speak in the morning.


HP: -11/31, 1st: 5/6, 2nd: 4/5, 3rd: 2/3, Mage Armor Active

Leto looks a little incredulous "I don't think that is in the cards... So I guess we may as well perform introductions. I am Leto Anguis. And you are?" Leto looks deeply and completely confused but is trying to make the best out of a strange situation.

Sense Motive DC 5:

Leto still is not sure whether or not this new fellow is a stripper.


Milea doesn't rouse herself from her hiding spot when Hascya shows up.

Should you investigate her lack of reaction:
You don't find Milea, but as you look for her in the sheltered ditch in which she rested, you spy a note impaled on a thorn.

By the light of your campfire, you read the note. "Sorry to slink off like this, boys. My presence would only hinder your progress in Carron. Follow the road west. In ten miles you will be at the city gates. Expect the guards there to be a little incredulous. Also, try not to mention that you're from Silverkeep - the honorguard might not take kindly to armed agents of a foreign state. Don't worry about your friend the assassin, I'll try to keep him alive. Good luck, and I suspect we will meet again. Best wishes, Milea."


HP: 33/45, Smite: 2/2, LoH: 3/6

Gareth approaches the man with a handshake and says very matter of factly, "Well then, I'm Gareth Aldridge." He rubs his eyes and stares blankly at Hascya before adding. "I'll probably be better company in the morning. You look friendly, feel free to make camp with us." It's clear he's half asleep, and he takes no note of Milea's absence from the introductions.

SM Leto: Auto Success
SM Hascya: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 RPing this out, does Gareth trust Hascya? I'm working on the assumption that this roll means I do trust him.


M Human Paladin 2, Ranger 6

Martin is very surprised that his wolf smelled neither the loincloth man approach. Shooting a look to Milia, he is also surprised that his wolf did not miss her presence either. Needless to say, martin is not pleased by these turn of events and wears a big frown.

I'm not opposed to sharing my fire with a stranger, but maybe some introduction and an explanation on how you got past my wolf's nose.

While martin may be lacking in perception, my dog does have the scent ability


HP 81/87 (95 max w rage) Rage 18/18

The man gestures again towards the owl. Pleased to be meeting you, Leto, Gareth, Wolf-man. This is Twohey.

He looks quizzically at Martin. For a wolf-man, you do not know the woods as well as we do. At night, the wind blows towards the sea, to the north. We came from the north, so no wind which passed us by reached your wolf's nose.

He smiles down at Ankou, as one might at an adorable puppy. He is a fine wolf, too, is he not?

Not that we did so for hiding--we merely happen to have wandered from that direction, in search of finding you.


Live Session Recap!

The party chatted with and got to know the strange, nearly nude man who wandered into their camp. In short, he's a strange fellow with an owl who doesn't understand sarcasm or why this dysfunctional bunch travels together (neither do they, for that matter). Also, Martin kicked and sat on Jamros, for which Jamros kicked him back as he tried to fall asleep.

The party realized Milea had disappeared in the night, and became a little more unsure over whether or not she was really on their side. They also weren't comfortable speculating over what her plans might be.

Trekking towards Carron, the party realized that the birds flying around Carron were giant eagles, and that they were being ridden by the halfling mercenaries who took them captive on the Vista. Despite this past conflict, the party had a rather civil (albeit shouted) conversation with a halfling scout who asked what the heck they were doing wandering around the mainland. Apparently passing muster, the party was allowed into Carron.

Aside from noting the giant, ancient fortress inside the wall, the party took no interest in the halflings' base, and pressed further inland. Stopping for a night in a tavern (that some found rather familiar-looking), they discovered that a fire-breathing, three-headed dog had been sired by Joe Hubbard's dog to the north, that the war against Westwend had been rather uneventful lately, and that a bunch of halfling airborne musketeers had flown north a few weeks ago. Also, they tried to invent disco some centuries early (it wasn't well-accepted, thank the gods).

When they woke the following morning, the party realized that they really needed to talk to the halflings to learn more about who the diviner that had aided the halflings in the war against Silverkeep had been. After much planning, they decided to pose as a defeated but allied mercenary company who hadn't been able to get paid for their services.

Amazingly, their plan worked and got them an interview with one of the halfling leaders who had been at the vista. They learned that Milea (posing as an agent for Goldcrest) had actually hired them. Before they could learn more, the commander realized that the party really worked for Silverkeep, and drew his weapon.

In the following combat high in the open-walled tower, the party realized they were up against another firing squad scenario. Despite taking out a good number of halflings, they were taking wounds. Hascya proved a dangerous and fast warrior, cutting down a good number of halflings. Martin and Ankou managed an impressive kill count, in one notable case shield slamming a halfling off the building. Jamros's part was more subdued, as he buffed the party and inflicted light damage on the hostile halflings with his summoned axe. Leto incapacitated the halfling commander and a subordinate for a few moments, before walling off part of the battlefield and later tricking halfling reinforcements not to advance further. Gareth just shot stuff.

As they thinned the ranks of halflings, the party's thoughts increasingly turned towards escape. As they began claiming the unmounted eagles around the walls (thanks in no small part to Hascya's ability to speak with animals), the halfling commander whistled loudly and a large, dragon-like creature flew into the landing. After spitting a gob of acid at Hascya, it allowed the halfling commander to climb atop its back, and took to the air. Martin, Gareth, Hascya, and Leto climbed into the saddles of different eagles. Martin struggled for a while to get his eagle to pick up Ankou, but was eventually successful. At Hascya's command, Jamros was grabbed by an unclaimed eagle and carried clear of the tower. A halfling in the tower scored a perfect shot and shot Leto's eagle out from under him. Luckily, the young sorcerer was able to leap to the safety of the tower's landing as his slain eagle plummeted to the ground. Gareth's eagle grabbed Leto in its claws and carried him away. And so, battered and bloody, the group flew to safety outside the walls of Carron.

Realizing that they may have become persona non grata in Carron, the party decided to fly east to Westwend (Carron's arch enemy) in the hopes of finding sea transport back to Silverkeep.

Party goals:
- Get to Westwend and from there travel to Silverkeep
- Warn Vincenzo that Milea acted against Silverkeep
- Use Milea's note as a scrying focus to find her
- Identify the assassins who attempted to kill the king


HP: -11/31, 1st: 5/6, 2nd: 4/5, 3rd: 2/3, Mage Armor Active

I think it is pretty safe to assume that we are all on the way to Westwend by bird if you are waiting for us to say something.


I know. I've been too busy to make a new map until now. Prepping for grad work, adopting another terrier, that kind of thing. That said, I have better token images for Hascya, Ankou, and the birds.

You fly east, away from Carron. Ankou doesn't much like being carried by an eagle, but he'll be safe in its grip so long as you don't get into aerial combat. By the time the sun sets, you've travelled over forty miles. You land your birds by an old stone tower. Its construction is architecturally similar to that of the road, of Carron's walls, and of The Aerie. It looks abandoned and leans slightly to one side, but it otherwise appears to have four floors and is structurally sound.

Map


HP: -11/31, 1st: 5/6, 2nd: 4/5, 3rd: 2/3, Mage Armor Active

Leto pulls out his wand of Enfeeblement. "Let's rest the night here if we can. But we should see if there is anyone here already." With that Leto opens the door and casts dancing lights to look inside.

By the way I'm just assuming that we have tied our birds off or something like that so that they don't fly away in the night.


HP: 33/45, Smite: 2/2, LoH: 3/6

Gareth struts into the tower when Leto's dancing lights manifest themselves. "Hello?" he calls out. "Anybody home?"


M Human Paladin 2, Ranger 6

Ok let's do this. Also, CD, could u give us our eagle mount's stats. Seems kinda important.

Upon landing, Martin hops off his mount, and moves to his bag. Taking bits of scraps of meat, Martin feeds the eagle, patting down it's neck and then feeds some to Ankou as well, "Good boy, good boy".

Tapping his belt, martin mutter something under his breathe and then touches a bloody spot on his arm, the cut quickly closes. 2d8 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5 (2 charges remain)

If you want to check inside, I'll go take care of the eagles, Martin says, starting to lead the mounts towards the open grass (C,18)


HP: 33/45, Smite: 2/2, LoH: 3/6

Oh yeah, I forgot about healing!

Retcon: Before Gareth checks the tower, he examines the wounded among the party and produces his wand of lesser vigor, handing it to Jamros. "Here Jams, you can work this thing, right? I think Leto and Hascya look a bit hurt."

Whoever wants a charge for 11 HP, let me know and I'll mark it accordingly.


You push open the smooth stone door. Inside, you see a large, black stone statue of a humanoid figure. In the light provided by four small glowing stones set into the ceiling, you see that the statue is of a kneeling human man, but sized so that the man would stand ten to twelve feet tall. One of its arms is missing below the elbow, and the statue itself bears many chips and chinks. The statue was carved wearing a simple, unadorned robe and sandals. A black, spiked metal chain dangles from a stone shackle around the statue's remaining wrist (the shackle is part of the statue, but the chain is a real spiked chain that was affixed into the statue). The statue's expression is sorrowful.

A staircase in the back of the room leads upwards. There are no other furnishings in the room, apart from a mosaic tile circle patterned into the floor. A layer of dust coats everything but the statue. No one has been in this tower for a very long time.

Map

Knowledge (History) DC 25:
This statue is thousands of years old. Between the statue's garb and expression, you think the culture who carved it viewed humans as a lesser race, or even as a slave race given the shackle. The statue was likely intended as a reminder of humanity's inferiority, and to warn any humans who entered that they had best be subservient and dutiful to their masters. It's placement here may have marked it as a symbolic guardian of some sort.

Appraise DC 20:
This style of statue hasn't been crafted for thousands of years. Between the statue's garb and expression, you think the culture who carved it viewed humans as a lesser race, or even as a slave race given the shackle. The statue was likely intended as a reminder of humanity's inferiority, and to warn any humans who entered that they had best be subservient and dutiful to their masters.

The statue was carved from blackened marble, and the chain is adamantine. Despite the damage, it could still fetch a price in excess of twenty thousand gold from a collector. On the other hand, it likely weighs about 5000 pounds.


Detect Magic:
The lights give off strong auras of universal magic.

The statue gives off auras of moderate abjuration and enchantment, as well as strong auras of enchantment and universal magic.

You may roll one spellcraft check for each aura.


Bird Stats:
Giant Eagle
N Large Animal
Init: +3 Senses: low-light vision; Perception +14
Defense
AC: 15 (12 touch; 12 flat-footed)
HP: 26 (4d10 + 4)
Fort: +5, Reflex: +7, Will: +2
Defensive Abilities: Evasion
Offense
Speed: 10 ft., fly 80 ft. (average)
Melee: 2 claws +7 (1d8 + 4), bite +7 (1d6 + 4)
Space: 10 ft. Reach: 5 ft.
Statistics
Str 18, Dex 17, Con 12, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 11
Base Attack +4; CMB +9; CMD 22
Feats: Alertness, Flyby Attack
Skills: Fly +8, Perception +14, Sense Motive +3

They mostly have the classic giant eagle stats, but are just animals. Their mental stats have been adjusted accordingly (lowered int to 2, wisdom to 12). Intelligent giant eagles don't exist unless a druid decides to awaken one. As such, the lore provided on the pfsrd is not accurate for these birds.


HP: -11/31, 1st: 5/6, 2nd: 4/5, 3rd: 2/3, Mage Armor Active

Leto says to Gareth "Thanks, but I think I am good for now. No need to waste the charges to fix me up when we will probably be going to sleep soon."

He then turns to examine the statue.
Knowledge (History): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25 Boom! Right on the money!!!!
Leto looks shocked. "What is this place? This statue is thousands of years old. Between the statue's clothing and expression it appears that humans were viewed as a lesser race by the culture that carved it. They may have even seen the humans as a slave race from the shackle."

"The civilization that constructed this did so probably did it as a reminder of humanity's inferiority. To warn humans entering that they had best be subservient and dutiful to serving their masters. Whoever those were. Strangely enough, it's placement here may have marked it as a symbolic guardian of some type."

Leto looks a little more nervous "Whoever these people were, I wouldn't have wanted to meet them. Gareth, actually, I don't know what will be in there. I would love that healing that you offered. Thank you."

Leto continues to try to find out more from the building and casts Detect Magic:
Spellcraft (Abjuration): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Spellcraft (Enchantment: Weak Auras): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Spellcraft (Enchantment: Strong Auras): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Spellcraft (Universal Magic): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29


Leto:
The abjuration effect provides protection from all forms of magic.

The enchantment is a form of control.

The transmutation effect forces those caught in its area to move slowly.

NOTE: Should have been a different spell altogether. Stronger enchantment effect was actually a moderate transmutation effect. Fixed now.

The universal aura reflects the use of a ritual of great power.

Also, you think these effects were created via wordcasting rather than the spellcasting you employ. Thus, the descriptions of the effects rather than explicit spell names. I have linked the equivalent spell names for your convenience, though.


Leto only Knowledge (Arcana) DC 20:
DC 25 - 5 for succeeding on all of the spellcraft checks = DC 20.

The statue is a true guardian as well as a symbolic one. It is a stone golem. Despite the damage it appears to have sustained over the ages, you suspect it remains fully functional. These creations are indomitable foes on the battlefield, due to their strength, their toughness, and their nigh-invulnerability to most forms of offensive magic.

Stone golems can magically slow all enemies in melee with them, but are themselves vulnerable to certain spells and effects designed to weaken stone. While neither self-aware nor capable of speech, these golems can understand commands issued by their creators or in any language their creator understood at the time of the golem's creation. Whether or how they accept these commands may be another story...


HP: -11/31, 1st: 5/6, 2nd: 4/5, 3rd: 2/3, Mage Armor Active

Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 Damn! I feel like that one was really important.

Leto looks rattled "Okay! So....We should investigate but we might get killed and I definitely want that healing before we go in."

"There is the equivalent of an anti-magic field, anti-compulsion spells, and spells to slow people down. So yeah, and I might be being paranoid, but all this protection in the room is making me think that the guardian may be part of some sort of trap or something else to that uses these spells to protect whatever is in there."

Leto pauses for a second. "Actually, I have a theory." You hear hissing come from Leto's mouth as he says something to the room.

DM:

Leto says to the guardian and the room as a whole using Serpentfriend "I come in peace. Deactivate spells and the statue."

I have a theory that this was all constructed by the ancient serpent race that Leto has been studying. I am hoping that I can deactivate everything by speaking to them all to deactivate the things by speaking to them. The serpent people probably did not wish to fight their own guardian.


The statue turns its head and stares directly at Leto.

Knowledge (Arcana) DC 20:
The statue is a true guardian as well as a symbolic one. It is a stone golem. Despite the damage it appears to have sustained over the ages, you suspect it remains fully functional. These creations are indomitable foes on the battlefield due to their strength, their toughness, and their nigh-invulnerability to most forms of offensive magic.

Stone golems can magically slow all enemies in melee with them, but are themselves vulnerable to certain spells and effects designed to weaken stone. While neither self-aware nor capable of speech, these golems can understand commands issued by their creators or in any language their creator understood at the time of the golem's creation. Whether or how they accept these commands may be another story...


Everyone gets a +4 circumstance bonus on the check, now.
Leto:
The magical effects remain active.


M Human Paladin 2, Ranger 6

DM:

Martin is going to look through the eagle's saddle bags to see if there is anything to set them down for the night. He imagines he might find some rope and stakes to stake them to the grass, but is not sure of the protocol with winged mounts.


Martin:
Within each saddlebag (each bird carries two), you find a horn of black powder. It is the black powder Milea described, and you recognize it as being very similar to Silverkeep's blasting powder. You also find a pouch of bullets in each bag, along with enough rations for a small creature for three days (two days' worth for a medium creature) and some large dried strips of meat. You think these strips of meat are more intended as treats for the birds than as a dietary mainstay. The birds will need to hunt for meat every day.

There are no ropes or other gear inside the saddlebags. The halflings relied on their birds' training to control them and to trust them not to spook and fly off in the night (it's not like a halfling could hold these birds' jesses to keep them from flying away).

Total gear found:
Trail rations: 16
Strips of meat: 8 (can be given to an eagle for a +4 circumstance bonus on one handle animal check made out of combat)
Blackpowder: 80 units (split evenly between 8 powder horns)
Bullets: 80 (split evenly in 8 pouches)

Also, each bird bears two small-sized military saddles. A medium creature can sit in one of these saddles, but will only gain the effects of a riding saddle.


HP: -11/31, 1st: 5/6, 2nd: 4/5, 3rd: 2/3, Mage Armor Active

Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 4 = 16Dang it!

Hascya:

I realized that when I hissed and wrote in the DM spoiler you could have actually read what I was saying because you can understand animals.
Leto said: "I come in peace. Deactivate spells and the statue."

"I misspoke before by the way it is a compulsion spell I sense not an anti-compulsion spell that I sensed."

"Okay, no one enter the room. I am going to see if I can deactivate it." Leto thinks for a few minutes and then says "Okay, let's see if this works. Hascya, please don't freak out for this next bit." With that fangs shoot out of Leto's gums and his eyes change to the eyes of snakes. You hear him hissing at the statue again, he sounds more insistent this time.

DM:

"In the name of the serpent people's you will stand down! You will not strike me or my slaves be it with magical or physical force! Do you understand slave?! Nod if you do and agree!"


HP: 33/45, Smite: 2/2, LoH: 3/6

Appraise checkers king me!! 1d20 ⇒ 19 aslfjsefjasefkj now that's just mean. Anyone want to assist me :P

Gareth listens intently, examining the statue as Leto describes its history. "Well they were wrong. Nobody deserves to be a slave and nobody has a duty to be subservient to others. And the joke's on them, we're the ones who are still around!"

When the statue moves, Gareth jumps. "Aaand that thing just moved. What is this place?"

DM:
K(religion):1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Any symbols or markings of any religion around here on the statues/walls/etc.?

I am the ninja post master!


The statue stands up, twirling the spiked chain.

Gareth:
None that you can see. The inch-thick layer of dust obscures the walls pretty thoroughly, though.

Leto:
Magical effects are still up.


HP: -11/31, 1st: 5/6, 2nd: 4/5, 3rd: 2/3, Mage Armor Active

"Damn it! The theory was sound! The spells must be too old for the statue to recognize commands!"

"Aside from that, try to stay away from it, hit it with ranged weapons if you can, try to stay out of the range of its spells. Get to close and it will probably hammer us. I am going to try one last thing and then let loose."

DM:

Knowledge (History) To find out how these things were commanded in the past:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Knowledge (Arcana) To find out how to turn this thing off and/or command it with the spells even though they are faded: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8Apparently Leto is just sucking at knowing how to work with this giant.


Leto:
While you don't know what it is or how it works, you think this statue was created to punish, intimidate, and remind humans of their inferiority. It was probably commanded by military officers and/or priests overseeing slave labor. You think they may have used some special signal or code word to make sure it only responded to the commands of certain people.


HP: -11/31, 1st: 5/6, 2nd: 4/5, 3rd: 2/3, Mage Armor Active

DM:

Do I know of any command words for anything magical or other devices in their history:
Knowledge (History):1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Knowledge (Arcana) do I have any hints for other giant moving creatures and their command words or the type of word?:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


Leto:
The first question is functionally the same question you asked in your last post. No rerolls.

You think that commands for constructs depend on the whims of their creators and the purpose of the construct. A construct designed for combat will likely accept a variety of commands that focus on killing stuff. One designed for oppression will accept a variety of commands along the lines of "beat this person senseless as an example" or "break the slaves' legs if they try to run." A construct designed for menial tasks will accept commands to shelve or clean stuff.

Most constructs are not self-aware and can be fooled if you know how they will respond. For any degree of nuance, though, direct orders need to be issued.

Most constructs will accept commands only from their creator and those the creator instructs them to accept commands from. Maybe if you looked like an authority figure it would accept commands from you.


HP 81/87 (95 max w rage) Rage 18/18

Hascya, who had been outside conversing with the eagles (mostly talking about the weather, and also telling them a funny story about a fish he once met) has entered by this point.

Clearly, the guardian does not want us here. Perhaps we should be leaving now, yes?


HP: -11/31, 1st: 5/6, 2nd: 4/5, 3rd: 2/3, Mage Armor Active

DM:

Knowledge (History) What would a serpent authority figure look like or the serpent people period?:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23


Leto:
Not good enough.


HP: -11/31, 1st: 5/6, 2nd: 4/5, 3rd: 2/3, Mage Armor Active

Leto pauses casts Minor Image on himself to make him look like this
He speaks in the snake language again.

DM:

Leto casts Minor Image on himself to make him look like this
he then says, in the snake language. "Strike your weapon against the floor and do not stop until I tell you!"
As Leto does this he has the snake image move its mouth as though it is speaking.


The golem stares at Leto's new appearance for a moment, before lurching forward (5 foot step) and lashing out with the chain. The spikes and blades slash into Leto (12 damage).

Surprise Round Over!

Initiative Order:
Leto: 19
Jamros: 14
Martin: 9
Gareth: 6
Hascya: 3
DM: 1

Map

DM Rolls:
Attack vs Leto: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (7) + 21 = 28
Damage: 2d4 + 9 ⇒ (1, 2) + 9 = 12

Initiative Rolls:
DM: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
Gareth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Hascya: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Jamros: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Leto: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Martin: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


M Human Paladin 2, Ranger 6

Im not inside, so what do i hear/ experience? or do i?


That depends on how the folks inside react. The statue doesn't shout or do anything louder than swinging the spiked chain. Leto might scream.


HP: 33/45, Smite: 2/2, LoH: 3/6

As Leto tries his various methods of interacting with the statue, Gareth says sternly, "I don't think it's working. Let's get out of here before this thing..."

Just then, the statue lurches forward. Gareth yells out loud (possibly audible to Martin), "The damned thing's alive now! Get out!"

Delaying my action until Leto/Martin/Jamros act in initiative.


HP: -11/31, 1st: 5/6, 2nd: 4/5, 3rd: 2/3, Mage Armor Active

HP: 4/26
"Run for it. We don't need to fight this guy!" With that Leto moves out the door to K5. He continues to concentrate on the image leaving it in his place.


M Human Paladin 2, Ranger 6

Martin is rummaging around in the eagles backpacks, taking off the saddles, hoping that he can cox the eagles to return to them after hunting using the meat.


The golem doesn't react to Leto's withdrawal.

Post 2000 by the way. Jamros is up!


HP: 36/36 Spells: lvl1 6/7, lvl2 5/5

Do I have any stats? What spells have I used? HP?
Jamros high-tails it.


HP: 33/45, Smite: 2/2, LoH: 3/6

Gareth also bolts.


Jamros Milltell wrote:

Do I have any stats? What spells have I used? HP?

Jamros high-tails it.

Ah, right. I forgot you had connection issues at the live session. You took a couple of hits and are at 22 HP. I also had Jamros use one casting of Bless and one casting of Spiritual Weapon.


HP 81/87 (95 max w rage) Rage 18/18

Hascya will carefully withdraw.

Friend Leto, that statue is not a snake. It cannot understand when you talk like a snake.


Everyone inside the tower runs away. Martin is outside the tower, preparing to send the eagles off to hunt for a while. The birds are no longer saddled.

Those who fled the tower see the statue charge through the snake illusion, dispelling it. Its charge carries it to the doorway of the tower, and gives it a clear line of sight to all of you.

DM Done!

Map

Statue Description:
The large, black stone statue is of a human man, but sized to stand twelve feet tall. One of its arms is missing below the elbow, and the statue itself bears many chips and chinks. The statue was carved wearing a simple, unadorned robe and sandals. A black, spiked metal chain dangles from a stone shackle around the statue's remaining wrist (the shackle is part of the statue, but the chain is a real spiked chain that was affixed into the statue). The statue's expression is sorrowful.


M Human Paladin 2, Ranger 6

Martin drops the saddle that he was holding, his hands instead clutching at air and stares dumbfounded at the statue.

"What?"


HP: -11/31, 1st: 5/6, 2nd: 4/5, 3rd: 2/3, Mage Armor Active

HP:4/26
Leto five foot shifts to I7.
Leto casts Silent Image on the squares G4-G8, and H4-H7. On each of them appears a soldier. They are all in heavy plate mail armor and with a variety of weapons, some with great swords, some with swords and boards, some with spears, and some with maces, all of which are on fire.

DM:

If hit they will be knocked back a square and then resume their position, avoiding whatever of the creature is in that square. They cannot die, if hit in such a way that they would not be knocked back the object will pass through them bloodying them, but they will stay standing after being hurt by it. At all times these soldiers will appear to be trying to find an opening to attack.


HP 81/87 (95 max w rage) Rage 18/18

Bump. Jamros is up.


NPCing Jamros. Martin, Gareth, and Hascya are up.

Jamros double moves to H13, shouting "Git on tha birdies! We've gotta move!"

1,951 to 2,000 of 2,803 << first < prev | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM CD's Unrest in Atlus All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.