Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM CD's Unrest in Atlus

Game Master Vethcyr


451 to 500 of 2,803 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

M Human Paladin 2, Ranger 6

GG:

Splat, -11 HP

Rolls to stabilize:
1d20 - 9 ⇒ (1) - 9 = -8

Glad that a Nat. 1 isn't auto dead


Female Human Sorceror (Sage) 3

Hasta la Vista:

"I suppose I also destroy my enemies if I kill them." Eleri's voice again drops to a low rumble. "Selected Shock Arc"

Shock Arc, DC 16 Reflex for half damage.
Damage: 3d4 ⇒ (3, 4, 4) = 11

Not wishing to suffer any repercussions that may arise from zapping the captain, Eleri moves to B15.


Goblin Group:
Seeing their ally bleeding out on the ground, Gareth and Jamros coordinate their tactics. Running towards each other, Gareth draws his bow while Jamros tosses him the ozone-smelling arrows. Quickly nocking one, Gareth shoots the barghest full in the backside. On impact, the arrow crackles, and delivers an electric surge to the beast.

Meanwhile, Martin gurgles and continues to bleed out on the ground.

The barghest continues to smolder.

Furious at being shot in the ass, the barghest turns, ready to attack the first thing it sees: Jamros. Snarling, it opens up with a full attack after stepping towards him. While Jamros is able to easily dodge the bite attack (fumble not confirmed) and one claw, he is less lucky against the other claw. The claw inflicts a deep wound in the halfling's chest (8 damage).

DM Done!

Map


DM Rolls - Goblin Group:
Gareth Arrow Magic Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Bite vs Jamros: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Fumble confirmation roll: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Claw 1 vs Jamros: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Claw 1 damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Claw 2 vs Jamros: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Vista:
The captain is hit by the full force of both blasts, but he still stands.

"At least I can guarantee she'll have company." He says, dropping his now-ruined falchion and drawing a pair of daggers as he moves to -D20. Ready for such a move, Pygrado flourishes the captured wand, but nothing happens (just trying to interpret your readied actions here). The captain then flings one of the daggers at Pygrado. It connects, striking Pygrado high in the chest (9 damage).

DM Done!

Map


DM Rolls - Vista:
Captain Reflex save vs Caladrius: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Captain Reflex save vs Eleri: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Captain Thrown Dagger vs Pygrado: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Thrown Dagger damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Pygrado readied UMD: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


HP: 33/45, Smite: 2/2, LoH: 3/6

Goblin Group:

Gareth jeers at the barghest, "You know why your kingdom got destroyed? It wasn't us. It's because you were weak!"

Angered at the sight his fallen ally, he fires two magical arrows at the barghest and then 5 foot shifts to -C10.

Attack 1:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Damage 1:1d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 4 + (4) = 9
Attack 2:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Damage 2:1d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 4 + (2) = 14

Confirmation Roll:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Extra Damage:1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Card Number:1d52 ⇒ 32
Card Number:1d52 ⇒ 23
Card effect: Javelin Catcher
Double Damage and 1d6 bleed.
Bleed:1d6 ⇒ 3


Goblin Group:
Gareth's shots strike true, the first striking the barghest deep in the right front leg, once more delivering an electrical shock to the beast. His second shot, however, strikes the barghest full in the throat. The electrical shock triggers and the beasts falls, twitching and spurting blood from its neck.

Barghest is down! You're off initiative now.

Map, if you're interested.


HP: 33/45, Smite: 2/2, LoH: 3/6

Goblin Group:

Gareth brushes his hair back, walks up to the barghest's corpse, and spits on it.

DM, how many ozone-smelling arrows remain in the bundle?

He then approaches Martin and lay on hands him.
2d6 ⇒ (4, 5) = 9
1 out of 5 LoH left

"Martin! Wake up!" he says as he shakes the body. Martin still seems to be unconscious.

Sighing, Gareth heals Martin one more time.
2d6 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6
"Come on Martin! Stay with me!"
0 out of 5 LoH left


HP: 36/36 Spells: lvl1 6/7, lvl2 5/5

GG:
Whew! Also, there are three arrows left.
"Good catch Gareth." As Gareth revives Martin, Jamros begins to untie the horses. "Tha' was too close for me. Le's get out of 'ere. Wha'ju find in tha' chest?" and as Martin is revived, "Y' gunna make it, Martin?"


HP 42/43

Oof:
I didn't have a readied action; move action to pick up the wand and then move action to move. I was planning to UMD it, but that's no longer relevant.

The dagger takes Pygrado high in the chest. He falls to his knees, clutching at the wound, but quickly passes out.

Check to stabilize 1d20 + 2 - 6 ⇒ (9) + 2 - 6 = 5
He bleeds for another point.

EDIT: Also, if it looks like we're going to wipe, I totally suggest that Caladrius bust out the blasting powder from our saddle bags.


Male Human Rogue [Investigator] 1/Dragonfire Adept 3

The Vista:
Two Questions:First how injured does the captain look relatively and second, where are our horses relative to the map?

Also Eleri, remember that if you are within 30' of me you get +1 DC to any electrical based effects.


Vista:
Oh well - my mistake about your actions, Pygrado.

The captain is badly burned. Your horses are up in -G 17-19.


M Human Paladin 2, Ranger 6

GG:

blood pumps from an open wound in Martin side, swiftly spilling onto the ground. Gareth kneels down and places his hands on Martin and they seem to emit a faint light,and the wounds appear to slide close.

Coughing up dirt and blood, Martin seems to regain consciousnesses, staring up in stark panic from the ground. He goes for his sword, and is about to wave it weakly, when a spike of pain shoots through his body. Coughing up blood once more, Martin sits up recognizing Gareth above him and visibly calms.

"What happened? One moment I was charging the devil with my shield and the next I'm coughing up blood." Taking in the scene, Martin seems to spot the hulk of a corpse, riddled with arrows. After another deep cough, a grin seems to cross his lips, "Well, I'll be. That's ones not going to be harming anyone else."
Glancing at Jamros behind him and then looking up at Gareth, Martin says, "Thank you. I really mean it. I don't think I would have made it without you."
Getting to his feet, Martin spits out a mouthful of blood and says, "Ok, lets get out of this forest fire".


HP: 33/45, Smite: 2/2, LoH: 3/6

Goblin Group:

Gareth smiles at Martin. "Martin! I was worried! I... We took care of that bastard. Glad you're back on your feet, but you're still pretty hurt and we still have to get out of this fire. You may want to drink that potion that we found on the goblins.

Jams, you may want to take a look at these. I found them in the chest in the cottage."

As the group prepares to depart, Gareth shows Jamros and Martin the items he found in the chest.
-A strange gnarled wand
-A camouflage kit
-A few jars of yellow fluid
-A few packets of what seems to be plant dyes

"Some of it could be junk, but I'm sure at least some of it is magic"

Assuming that I appraise things while we're on the road:
Appraise on wand:1d20 ⇒ 10
Appraise on Camouflage kit:1d20 ⇒ 11
Appraise on Fluid:1d20 ⇒ 17
Appraise on Dyes:1d20 ⇒ 18


Goblin Group:
I will post the travel update tomorrow evening. Please use the intervening time to roleplay amongst yourselves.

And well done with these combats!


Gareth:
The wand is well-made from a gnarled, light brown branch. Without knowing what it does, it is impossible to ascertain its value.

The camouflage kit may be used to grant a person a +2 circumstance bonus on stealth checks for an hour. It is used by rubbing the dyes on a person and his or her gear (think the combat dyes you see special forces folks use in movies). It appears to have 4 uses left.

You crack open one of the four jars, and your nose is instantly assaulted by the unmistakable stench of urine (hunters often pee in jars so they can conceal their scent, and the urine can be used to ward off unwanted wildlife from certain areas). You think they could be used (with the survival skill) to deter wildlife from entering an area.

You initially think the jars of plant dyes could be used as components for spells or as raw materials that could be used to replenish the stealth kit. After further examination, however, you realize that the dyes come from some rare plants and might be worth as much as 500 gold to an alchemist or apothecary.


HP: 33/45, Smite: 2/2, LoH: 3/6

Why am I still up at 6:30 AM?:

Upon closer examination of the yellow jars, Gareth makes a quick gagging sound, then starts laughing hysterically. "Wow. I must have been in a huge rush to grab stuff out of the chest. Smell this!"

He tosses a jar to Jamros, who can choose to smell it if he wants.

"This camouflage kit looks pretty spiffy. If we rub these dyes in it on our bodies and gear we could blend in better with terrain. And these dyes here could be used to replenish the kit when it runs out. If I had to guess, we could use this about four more times. And I have no clue what this wand does or is, but it looks pretty well made."

If Jamros or Martin smells the vial:

You crack open one of the four jars, and your nose is instantly assaulted by the unmistakable stench of urine.

Optional: Roll a Fort Save DC 999 or be sickened.


HP: 36/36 Spells: lvl1 6/7, lvl2 5/5

GG:
Jamros catches the jar and takes a wiff. "Yech! Foul! Oh Gods!" I'm not going to be sickened, but only because I want to know what that wand does... Jamros puts the cap back on and walks over to Gareth. After making like he was going to dump the "potion" on Gareth, he grabs the wand saying, "Le'me 'ave a look at tha'."
So, it turns out that identify isn't on my spell list, so I can't use my wand without a UMD check, so I think until my next level, I'll just avoid using it.
Jamros studies the wand carefully spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 "Hmmmmm... Martin, can I see tha' ring o' yours?" Jamros detects magic at the ring.


Jamros:
The wand appears to be one of Lesser Vigor. It seems to have 40 charges remaining.


Male Human Rogue [Investigator] 1/Dragonfire Adept 3

The Vista:
Caladrius sees Pygrado go down and briefly considers a tactical retreat until he notices that the captain seems heavily injured as well. Here's a free sample of the hell my freind was talking about. He uses fire this time just to change things up at little, and then moves protectively to where Pygrado lies.

1d6 ⇒ 6 Fire (DC 17)
Move to -A21


NEWS: My copy of Ultimate Combat just arrived. I will read through it and post my comments about options and their integration into the campaign world sometime today or tomorrow in the OOC thread.


HP: 36/36 Spells: lvl1 6/7, lvl2 5/5
DM CD wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Goblin Group:
"AHA! YaHOO! Well I'll be! Jamros touches himself with the wand. The tip of the wand glows blue as he touches himself with it. "Wonderful! This here's a healin' wand. It'll heal you slowly, but a lot. looks like we can use it 39 more times before it's just a stick."

Wand of lesser vigor, Cleric/Oracle lvl 1 spell, heals 10+lvl HP (up to 15 total)over as many rounds.
His wounds start to close ever so slowly and over the course of the next 2 minutes, his wounds heal nearly completely.
I believe how much we heal depends on the caster level of the creator of the wand, not the user. So, how much HP do I gain DMCD? Also, is the ring magical? Already used Detect magic.
Turning to Martin, Jamros says "Would'ja like a charge or two? Your pick of the healin' potion n' the healin' wand. N' you, Gareth?"


M Human Paladin 2, Ranger 6

GG:

The mud covered, and blood stained Martin gives Jamros an incredulous look and says, "Thank you Jamros, I would love a charge."


HP: 33/45, Smite: 2/2, LoH: 3/6

GG:

Gareth has a few cuts and bruises, but appears to mostly fine (21/24)

"A healing wand! Luck is on our side. Don't worry about me, I'm fine. A few scratches, but I'll live. We're going to need this for our horses if we keep on riding them from this fire. I'm sure they could use the energy more than I could."


My comments regarding the contents of Ultimate Combat are up in the discussion thread. Please post relevant comments, concerns, questions, or discussion there.

Goblin Group:
The wand heals 11 hit points over 11 rounds, at the rate of one hit point per round.

Jamros:
The ring emits an aura of faint transmutation. A spellcraft check will tell you more.


HP: 36/36 Spells: lvl1 6/7, lvl2 5/5

GG:
Jamros uses a charge of the wand to heal Martin 11HP.

DM:
spellcraft on ring: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


M Human Paladin 2, Ranger 6

GG:

Martin still appears bloodied, but is looking like he's in a much better state then before.

"Ok gentlemen, lets get to the horses.

I assume we continue riding from the forest fire as fast as possible.


HP: 36/36 Spells: lvl1 6/7, lvl2 5/5

for ease of rolling these, here is the code for the rolls for 1 hour:
hour 1: DC 10 Jamros fort [ dice ]1d20+x[ dice ], J dmg [ dice ]1d6[ dice ] HP xx/xx
Pony Damage: [ dice ]1d6[ dice ] Horse HP: x/15

Run Away!:
And as such, assuming nothing exciting happens here are the foced march rolls:
hour 1: DC 10 Jamros fort 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Pony Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6 Pony HP: 7/13
hour 2: DC 12 Jamros fort 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Pony Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4 Pony HP: 3/13 wand => 13/13
hour 3: DC 14 Jamros fort 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11, J dmg 1d6 ⇒ 5 HP 12/20
Pony Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4 Pony HP: 9/13
hour 4: DC 16 Jamros fort 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15, J dmg 1d6 ⇒ 4 HP 8/20 wand => 19/20
Pony Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1 Pony HP: 8/13
hour 5: DC 18 Jamros fort 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8, J dmg 1d6 ⇒ 6 HP 13/20
Pony Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6 Pony HP: 2/13 wand=>13/13
hour 6: DC 20 Jamros fort 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Pony Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4 Pony HP: 9/13
3 charges used, 36/40 charges

If something exciting happens, then oh well, I guess.


Female Human Sorceror (Sage) 3

Viruses, Infections, Spyware, Trojans, Adware:

Eleri moves up to -D15 and, seeing the enemy captain on his feet with a dagger in his hand, curses under her breath. "He's still standing? I can't keep this up all day! Line Shock Arc!"

Shock Arc, DC 18* Reflex for half.
Damage: 3d4 ⇒ (2, 1, 4) = 7

*Thanks for the reminder, CvH.


Vista:
The captain fails to dodge Caladrius's breath and takes the full brunt of the flames. However, it is Eleri's blast that finishes him off, launching him off the vista entirely. Not even rolling the save - he was dead no matter what.

Meanwhile, Pygrado's breathing eases and he stops bleeding out (successful stabilization!).

Well done all - this was a tough fight.

Now that you get the opportunity to look around, you can see a massive forest fire blazing rapidly through the forest to the southwest. The winds are pushing it northeast - towards the vista and the gorge.

The captain's falchion appears ruined by the rust. The knife currently sticking out of Pygrado, however, looks like it is of particularly fine make, as is the bow dropped by the captain.

Most of the rest of the gear carried by the soldiers is unremarkable, although the sorceress wore an amulet made from a rune-enscribed seashell.

Assuming you explore the camp, you find five horses grazing on shrubs at the end of the vista, in addition to the horse by the campfire. In the tent at B21 you find a pair of potions atop a locked chest. Next to the chest, you find a curious contraption: a small, curved metal tube with a trigger mounted on the concave side - much like that of a crossbow. It bears the emblem of Goldcrest. Next to the object are three cloth packages that look like they might fit inside the tube.

Overhead, the light show sparkles out, leaving you alone on the dark, windy vista in the middle of the night (it is about 1 AM). The conditions are low-light, due to the clear night. In the distance, the forest burns.

Map


Vista Group Perception DC 20:
The chest appears to be trapped - a dart may be launched at a person who tries to break into it.

Vista Group Knowledge: Engineering DC 20:
The contraption seems designed to ignite a black powder charge that can launch an object from the barrel. (It's a pistol). The cloth packages appear to be flare cartridges.

DM Rolls:
Captain Reflex vs Caladrius's breath: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Pygrado Stabilization: 1d20 + 2 - 7 ⇒ (18) + 2 - 7 = 13


HP: 33/45, Smite: 2/2, LoH: 3/6

GG:

So are we doing the 1 hour at a time traveling thing or should we make a whole load of forced march rolls as Jamros suggested?


Male Human Rogue [Investigator] 1/Dragonfire Adept 3

The Vista:
Now that the immediate threat is ended, Caladrius kneels to check on Pygrado. Seeing that he is not in fatal danger any longer, he checks to see if the assassin has a healing potion on his person. If Pygrago has a healing potion I will administer it to him and help him to his feet if he is conscious. Otherwise I will move him to one of the tents to recover. Before searching the area.

Having cared for Pygrado, Caladrius then begins examining the Vista to try to calculate where to place the charges for maximum effect. I'm thinking this would be Knowledge(Engineering).

Knowledge(Engineering)1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

After mentally plotting the (hopefully) optimal placement of his explosives, Caladrius turns to the equipment that the Goldcrest soldiers had. A few questions. First is the falchion fixable by say Mending or some other spell? Also, what sort of gear do the dead spearmen have?

Perception:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

He then turns to Eleri. Can you get some of this equipment loaded up onto their horses while I get the charges? Don't forget to take any goldcrest insignia off their bodies, it may come in handy later.


Goblin Group:
Sorry for the delay - I'll have a proper update for you tonight.

Vista:
The falchion could be repaired via Mending. The dead spearmen have a longspear, a chain shirt, and a handaxe each - none of these are magical, masterwork, or special in any way.

Caladrius:
The best place to plant the explosives would be in a line along the underside of the vista - such a placement would let the vista's weight bring more down. Failing that, a concentrated blast right by the boulder's south side could bring down a respectable amount of material.

These are abstractions - art major physics again.


HP 42/43

Vista:
Pygrado does indeed have another potion of cure light. 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 He is still unconscious, so you will need to move him into the tent anyway.


Goblin Group:
Apologies for the delay. I've been doing a lot of design work based on the contents of Ultimate Combat, and hopefully the exploration aspects of this campaign should be stronger for it.

Now, to business!

You continue to ride, and as the trails turn north, so do you. After two more hours of travel, you and your horses, tired from travel and harrowed from your ride through the flames, find yourselves leaving the forest at last. You are at the western end of the Pendrian Gorge, and before you stretch the hills and cliffs through which you can finally reach the vista.

Spend some time roleplaying. While the Vista group has finished their combat, I would like them to resolve a few things before you arrive. If they dally overmuch, I will catch you guys up. Jamros - assume that your travel thus far has expended 15 charges from the wand due to travel - you just completed your sixth hour of travel after leaving the goblins' lair, three of which were covered under a normal day's worth of travel.


HP: 33/45, Smite: 2/2, LoH: 3/6

GG:

Gareth takes in a fresh breath of air as Petey whimpers. He is noticeably tired, and has a large deposit of ashes and soot caked on his forehead and his now black-blonde hair.

"See? I told ya we'd hold up riding through the woods. I hope we didn't get thrown too far off course. Martin, do ya know where we are?"

Gareth also checks his hourglass. What time is it right now?


Goblin Group:
It is about 1 AM.


HP: 36/36 Spells: lvl1 6/7, lvl2 5/5

Homey G:
15 charges?! There are 5 of us including mounts, so if we all fail our fort checks and take max damage for each of our three hours, that is one charge, plus another to get us to full health if we feel like it, meaning that if we use 10 charges, we would all be at full health, including our mounts. Jamros only missed one of his fort saves and would only need to use the wand once unless he wanted to be at max health for meeting the others (which he probably would), meaning our actual use would be something like 6 to 8 charges. Can we compromise and say 10?

Also, I made a spellcraft check a while ago on the ring, and I rather liked the roll. :)

"Ahh, the gorge! Let's find the others. Do you think the fire will jump the gorge? And if it does, could we survive down there?


Goblin Group:
Your mounts auto-fail forced march checks, and need to be healed every hour or they become fatigued and then exhausted, in which case Petey can no longer carry one person, much less two.

Also, it isn't about not taking max damage - any damage from forced marches makes you fatigued, and if you take forced march damage again, you become exhausted - a condition which does not go away until you rest or use better magic than lesser vigor.
Therefore, you need to use several charges every hour if you want to maintain a decent pace.

As such, the default number of charges needed to avoid fatigue thus far is 15 (the three of you, plus your mounts, over three hours of forced march). Each of you may roll 3 fortitude saves - DC 10, DC 12, and DC 14. Each success reduces the number of spent charges by one. Jamros has already rolled - two successes for him.

Sorry about any confusion caused by last night's update - I totally forgot about saving throws.


Jamros:
Whoops, missed that spellcraft check, I guess.

The ring allows the wearer to more competently survive in the wilderness (grants a +2 competence bonus to Survival).


HP: 36/36 Spells: lvl1 6/7, lvl2 5/5

Goblin Group:
While travelling through the woods,
"This a ring's magic, ya know. It'll help ya survive in the wilderness, helpin' ya track and.... survive and track... and... Jamros trails off and then, "So, ya think ya could use it? Martin?" +2 competence bonus to Survival.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
What Jamros really said at the gorge was:
"The gorge! Le's find the others. Ya' think the fire will jump the gorge? Could we survive down there if it does?

Thanks CD


M Human Paladin 2, Ranger 6

GG:

"I dont know, toss it here and let me see.

Martin catches the ring and slips it on his finger, and then begins to examine their surroundings.

Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Knowledge Local:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


HP: 33/45, Smite: 2/2, LoH: 3/6

Gobzorz:

Gareth says, "Well, it's about 1 in the morning. We don't have to meet up with the others for a little while. And we've been traveling hard all day. Why don't we take a rest when we get a chance? We've earned it."


HP: 33/45, Smite: 2/2, LoH: 3/6

GG:

Oops! I missed the request for three Fort Saves:

Save #1:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Save #2:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Save #3:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

That means I save for 1 and 2 and fail 3, saving us 2 charges.


M Human Paladin 2, Ranger 6

GG:

Fort Saves
DC10: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
DC12: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
DC14: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Martin Saves on all, but could use a charge for normal healing purposes.


Female Human Sorceror (Sage) 3

Vista Group:

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Emotionally drained by the fight and starting to feel the pain from her wounds again, Eleri simply nods in response to Caladrius. She walks around the boulder and sees the red ruin that Pygrado's dagger had made of the sorceress' throat and chest. Eleri stops short and, suddenly lightheaded, tries to hold herself steady on the boulder. Her nausea overcomes her, though, and she falls to her knees and vomits.

"By the gods, look at her. Had she been born in Silverkeep, she might have been one of my students.."

Eleri picks herself up and stumbles over to where the sorceress lays, searching for any sign of life.
DM, you said that she was unconscious when Pygrado was done with her. Has she died? If not, is she still bleeding out or has she stabilized?


Eleri:
She appears to be bleeding out. If you want to know how long she has, a heal check may tell you more.


Male Human Rogue [Investigator] 1/Dragonfire Adept 3

The Vista:
Caladrius sits down and begins sketching out ways to rig the vista efficiently. He seems to be sketching a rope passed under the bottom of the vista with a string of packets tied to it.

That's basically my idea. Would it be possible to tie the bags of blasting powder together along a rope and then pass that rope underneath the vista so that the charges are attached to the bottom where they can possibly bring down the entire promontory on the enemy.


Vista:
Sure, but you'll need to make another Knowledge (Engineering) check to figure out how to time the fuses. It will take you several hours to rig this system up.

Also, Pygrado is still unconscious.


HP: 33/45, Smite: 2/2, LoH: 3/6

GG:

"So, are we up for setting up camp and resting? Or are we moving on to catch the others? I think we've escaped the worst of the fire for now."


Goblin Group:
You are safely outside the range of the forest fire, at the mouth of the gorge. To the west is the vista. Directly north of you is a series of rolling hills.

I don't know whether you want to camp here or move on immediately. Let me know what you want to do.


Martin:
This area is rather exposed for a campsite. You think that finding a concealable location in the hills might be safer than camping out in the open. Bandits tend to prowl this area, waiting to ambush caravans and travelers as they pass through the gorge.


M Human Paladin 2, Ranger 6

gg:

"I think we should pack up for the night."

Knowledge Nature:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Knowledge Local:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Do i know a nearby good place to camp?


HP 42/43

Vista:
Kn(Engineering) 1d20 - 34 ⇒ (13) - 34 = -21 (-40 penalty for being unconscious)

Pygrado says nothing.


M Human Paladin 2, Ranger 6

gg:

Do i know anywhere nearby to camp?

451 to 500 of 2,803 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM CD's Unrest in Atlus All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.