Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM CD's Unrest in Atlus

Game Master Vethcyr


1 to 50 of 2,803 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

It is a cool, crisp autumn morning in Silverkeep. The city bustles as merchants go about the business of selling their wares, as the Silver Guards drill and train new recruits, as the nobility bicker in upscale estates and as miscellaneous city folk undergo their daily migration from place to place. Their daily routines are ever-so-slightly more rushed and harried than normal as the town criers announce the recent news from the front lines.

"Goldcrest has fallen! Lord Hekkard's army was victorious!" cries one man, whilst on the other side of the town his fellow announces "Sir Derrin was defeated at Ram Keep! Goldcrest's army is on it's way here!"

In the main square, each of you saw another crier standing with a city magistrate. The pair had been there since well before dawn announcing their news and passing out fliers. "King Heric calls to all citizens of Silverkeep: help the guards defend your city! At noon today, please gather in the main courtyard of the Mithral Keep and learn how!

It is now half an hour until noon, and you stand in the courtyard of the Mithral Keep. It is a large, open-air courtyard surrounded by the high, stone walls of the Mithral Keep. Small trees and plants grow in carefully-arranged gardens around the courtyard's periphery. A sturdy, raised stone platform stands ten feet higher than the main courtyard, and serves as a protected balcony for the royal family and for nobles of the court to view the courtyard from an elevated vantage point. Today, this balcony will serve as a podium when the king delivers his speech at noon.

In front of the balcony, a line of Silver Guards with halberds stands guard along its full length. From your positions in the main courtyard, you can see a short, rotund man standing atop the balcony speaking animatedly with one of the Mithral Guard. Behind them, a large, heavy oaken door leading into the main keep stands slightly ajar, and you can occasionally glimpse movement within. A pair of flags in the crimson and silver colors of Silverkeep fly proudly on either side of the door.

Martin, Caladrius, or Knowledge: Nobility DC 10:
The short, fat man is Master Vincenzo di Tezirah, King Heric's Master of Ceremonies, and one of Silverkeep's richest and most influential nobles. He is also known to be a close confidant and friend of King Heric, as well as the one who controls access to the royal family.

People are slowly trickling in to fill the courtyard. Reflecting the city's makeup, most are human, with a smattering of elves, dwarves, halflings and gnomes. As you entered the outer keep, you were instructed to turn in your weapons at the gatehouse. "With so many people gathering to see the king and with this war on, we're taking no chances about his safety. You'll have to relinquish your weapons and staffs here - don't worry, you'll get them back when you leave. Should you require a walking stick, we can provide one for you," the guard tells you.

Gareth:
If you're on duty as a guardsman, you can either be one of the perimeter guards and be armed, or be undercover in the crowd and unarmed. If off duty, you'll be in among the rest of the crowd and unarmed.

Caladrius:
You will need to be in among the crowd in the courtyard, as only the royal family, their retinue and guards will be allowed on the balcony.

The buzzing of conversation grows as people group together to discuss their expectations for the upcoming speech. The King's promise to address the fortunes of the war and the imminent threat to Silverkeep has drawn a number of people of apparently widely varied walks of life, many of whom seem eager for the potential opportunity to rub shoulders with nobility.

Take this opportunity to introduce yourselves to each other and to roleplay. Let's get this game started!


HP 42/43

A rather young half-elf in common street clothes chats animatedly with the rest of the crowd, flitting from group to group soaking up rumors. His dark, lanky hair frames his boyish face, and he grins at the excitement of the situation, and earnestly expresses a desire to serve Silverkeep.

If asked his trade, he responds, "Well, I'm a novice assassin. I mean, right now I've put that on hold to serve my city, I hope, but afterwards if you need anyone killed, come find me at the Long Cat Tavern. Hey, never hurts to advertise, right?" Despite being more-or-less socially adept, he seems to miss or ignore the looks of horror (or, with equal frequency, confusion) that his spiel elicits.

GM Only:
Despite being leaving my armor and weapons at the inn. I've got my two sleeve blades (Complete Scoundrel) secreted in my sleeves. Complete Scoundrel says they require a DC 15 Search check to locate; I'll roll sleight of hand anyway in case you'd rather use that mechanic: SOH 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19 before any modifier you'd choose to use for the fact they're designed to be hidden. In the Perception DC below, I've estimated this as +2.

Perception DC 21:
As he shifts, you notice that the way the fabric of his shirt rests on his arms suggests something strapped to the underside of each wrist.


Male Human Rogue [Investigator] 1/Dragonfire Adept 3

A wiry and very well dressed man rolls his eyes in frustration at the guards as he disarms by making a dagger suddenly appear in each hand with a soft mechanical cha-thunk sound. He then gives them to the guard along with a good natured glare and joins the crowd, taking note of the enterprising and entrepreneurial assassin making the rounds.

While waiting, Caladrius amuses himself by waving to people he presumably knows up on the balcony. They do not wave back.

Perception on Pygrado: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28


HP: 33/45, Smite: 2/2, LoH: 3/6

EDIT: Changed around some of the wording and added in a perception check DC 21 for those of you sharp eyed folk.

Amidst the crowd of people filing into the courtyard, a tall, well-built, but not imposing, human makes his way to the front of the line. With each step, his medium-length golden hair sways in breeze. He is dressed in very extravagant noble's clothing, decorated with small lapis lazuli gems sewn into it. He beams a sly smile upon making eye contact with other passersby in the crowd, particularly attractive young women.

When reaching the front of the line, the guard who is collecting weapons stops him, "Gareth? Where the hell have you been? You're supposed to be on perimeter duty!"

Gareth keeps on walking, giving him a condescending pat on the shoulder. "Good to see ya too Volinar. How's the wife and children?"

Volinar, clearly angered, pulls Gareth aside, "This is not a joking matter. As a member of the Silver Guard you have a duty to-"

Gareth cuts in, with a smile, "If there's any "duty" I have, it's to look good for the king. Relax. I switched to interior for today. And besides, I got a couple of presents, just for you."

The "presents" Gareth is referring to are his greatsword and his longbow, which he promptly puts into the collection bucket. "Take care of these puppies; this town's not gonna defend itself."

Volinar mutters under his breath, "You're gonna need more than that outfit to look good when I'm done with you."

As he enters the courtyard, Gareth pushes his way towards the front of the crowd with little difficulty. "Excuse me!" "Sorry sir" "Excuse me." "Oh hey Miranda" "Coming through"

He strikes up casual conversation with others around him as he waits for the speech to start...

Perception DC 21:
You notice that some people in the crowd are pointing at Gareth while talking to each other, almost as if they are in awe of him. However, you don't know what they are saying about him.

GM Only:
Bluff check to Volinar that Gareth was cleared to interior duty: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

Knowledge:Nobility check to read spoiler in OP: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


HP 42/43

Perception on Gareth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


Male Human Rogue [Investigator] 1/Dragonfire Adept 3

Caladrius has clearly finished amusing himself trying to get a reaction out of the nobles on the balcony. He proceeds to look around for something else to do while waiting for the audience to start.

Perception on Gareth:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

EDIT:My Perception modifier is +10 not +9

He sees Gareth moving through the crowd and heads over to take a look.


HP: 33/45, Smite: 2/2, LoH: 3/6

Gareth notices Caladrius in his very well dressed manner making his way over through the crowd. Gareth looks towards him at a distance and flashes a smile, while trying to place whether or not they have been acquainted before.

Knowledge Nobility: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Am I familiar with Caladrius?


Gareth Aldridge wrote:

Gareth notices Caladrius in his very well dressed manner making his way over through the crowd. Gareth looks towards him at a distance and flashes a smile, while trying to place whether or not they have been acquainted before.

Knowledge Nobility: 1d20+4

Am I familiar with Caladrius?

Not with that result!

Pygrado:
Guard's perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

"Move along, sir" says the guard, turning to the next person.

We'll use your sleight of hand checks. I consider the set DC to represent the base ability an untrained person has for concealing such weapons. You are trained, and therefore more competent, plus SoH is such an unused skill in most games that it seems a shame to let your training go to waste!

Gareth:
Volinar's sense motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

"Like hell you were!" Volinar exclaims, before remembering where he is. Drawing you inside the booth he hisses at you, "Look, I'll let it slide this once, but you owe me, Gareth. Capisce?"

Grumbling, he waves you in after instructing you to report any suspicious behavior or persons to the guards - "You know, one of us who does his job!"

I like the roleplay, but just remember that I control the NPCs and their dialogue. I have veto power if needed, okay? So only do this with inconsequential NPCs - you can't write entire scenes by yourself!


Caladrius wrote:

A wiry and very well dressed man rolls his eyes in frustration at the guards as he disarms by making a dagger suddenly appear in each hand with a soft mechanical cha-thunk sound. He then gives them to the guard along with a good natured glare and joins the crowd, taking note of the enterprising and entrepreneurial assassin making the rounds.

While waiting, Caladrius amuses himself by waving to people he presumably knows up on the balcony. They do not wave back.

Perception on Pygrado: 1d20+10

It's worth clarifying that the fat man and a pair of Mithral Guards are the only people on the balcony right now. Caladrius, the fat man glances briefly at you before returning to his conversation, but your waving elicits no other response.


M Human Paladin 2, Ranger 6

A man in a dark grey travelers cloak strides into the room. He looks a little out of place in his dirt worn clothes among the rest of the tightly kept nobles.He places his sword the bucket, and places his longbow against the wall.

Pausing for a moment, the man asks the guard, "Do I also need to relinquish my shield."

The guard replies "Yes sir, no need for it in here."

Looking reluctant, the man unstraps his wolf-shield from his side and places it in the hands of the guard, and walks further into the room.

He takes the room in at a glance:
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

and silently moves to a corner of the room, bringing his hood up.


M Dwarf Druid 2 Fighter 1

A dwarf who appears to just be approaching maturity and wearing what appears to be Dragonscale Breastplate walks in through the gate. He wields a quarterstaff in his hands and strapped across his back is another two handed weapon of dwarven make that appears to be of far finer quality than the piece of wood he carries in hand. When told by the guard he needs to relinquish his weapons, Baldor glowers at the man for a good ten seconds and then tosses both his weapons at the guards chest and heads into the courtyard without looking back. The guard glares after him and places the weapons with everyone elses. As Baldor makes his way through the crowd he does not bother with trying walk around everyone but merely jostles his way through the crowd, bumping people as he goes, eliciting several reproachful looks and a few glares. He leans against a wall and although he is approached by several people looking to make small talk but he discourages them with a gruff attitude. One rather plump merchant in particular thanks him for having sold so many precious gems to him, saying it had helped him get by. Baldor looks him up and down and stops at his waist and quirks an eyebrow replying "I'd say you've done more than get by" and then turns away. The merchant is left flabbergasted and storms away.

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18


Female Human Sorceror (Sage) 3

A middle aged woman rushes into the courtyard and stops before reaching the guards to lean against a wall and catch her breath at the entrance to the courtyard. She takes a second to fix the bun her greying brown hair is tied into and adjusts her spectacles. In contrast to the generally grim, nervous and/or impatient atmosphere given off by the crowd, she has a small, excited smile on her face. When she starts to move into the courtyard, a guard stops her with a demand to take whatever weaponry she carries. Somewhat flustered, Eleri quickly produces an unremarkable dagger, then spends a minute trying to dislodge an old crossbow from her rather sizable backpack, quietly muttering some apologies to the guard.
The guard accepts the weapons along with the apologies and frowns. "Ma'am, most of the other people here are young men and women in their primes, outfitted with higher quality arms and armor. Are you sure that you want to volunteer? I mean, unless you're some sort of spellcaster, I don't see how you-"
Eleri cuts him off with a glare and rises to her full height. "I'll have you know, young man, that I am a wordcaster, and that I am just as capable of contributing to the city's defense as the more traditional mages are." Nodding sharply to the guard, she reshoulders her pack and storms off in a huff, working her way around the crowd to take shelter in the modest shade provided by one of the small trees where she starts muttering and whispering things to herself.


HP: 33/45, Smite: 2/2, LoH: 3/6
DM CD wrote:
Gareth Aldridge wrote:

Gareth notices Caladrius in his very well dressed manner making his way over through the crowd. Gareth looks towards him at a distance and flashes a smile, while trying to place whether or not they have been acquainted before.

Knowledge Nobility: 1d20+4

Am I familiar with Caladrius?

Not with that result!

Gareth cocks his head slightly, trying to figure out who Caladrius is. He shifts through various names. "Orthelli, Orthalli, Orthellini... what was his name?" He's sure that the two have met. I mean, he's familiar with a number of nobles in Silverkeep. "It must have been at that party last year at that merchant's house, the one by the Merlin'he river. Come to think about it, I don't remember his name either..."

F*** it. Gareth decides to go with his gut.

He approaches Caladrius, pats him on the shoulder, and shakes his hand:
"Orthano, right? How's it going man? What are you doing here, protecting the city? You never seemed like the 'hero type'."


Male Human Rogue [Investigator] 1/Dragonfire Adept 3

Caladrius returns the handshake.

So...Gaius...How have you been?


HP: 33/45, Smite: 2/2, LoH: 3/6
Caladrius wrote:

Caladrius returns the handshake.

So...Gaius...How have you been?

Gareth laughs. "Almost. It's Gareth. Gareth Aldridge. I'm sure you remember meeting me at that party last winter, right?"

EDIT:
Also, sense motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 Do I think that he recognizes me? Or is confusing me for someone else he knows better?


Baldor Forstrong wrote:

A dwarf who appears to just be approaching maturity and wearing what appears to be Dragonscale Breastplate walks in through the gate. He wields a quarterstaff in his hands and strapped across his back is another two handed weapon of dwarven make that appears to be of far finer quality than the piece of wood he carries in hand. When told by the guard he needs to relinquish his weapons, Baldor glowers at the man for a good ten seconds and then tosses both his weapons at the guards chest and heads into the courtyard without looking back. The guard glares after him and places the weapons with everyone elses. As Baldor makes his way through the crowd he does not bother with trying walk around everyone but merely jostles his way through the crowd, bumping people as he goes, eliciting several reproachful looks and a few glares. He leans against a wall and although he is approached by several people looking to make small talk but he discourages them with a gruff attitude. One rather plump merchant in particular thanks him for having sold so many precious gems to him, saying it had helped him get by. Baldor looks him up and down and stops at his waist and quirks an eyebrow replying "I'd say you've done more than get by" and then turns away. The merchant is left flabbergasted and storms away.

1d20+10

Not to nitpick, but please label and/or describe explicitly what you're rolling for. I'm guessing you're rolling perception on Caladrius. Is that correct?


Male Human Rogue [Investigator] 1/Dragonfire Adept 3

Sense Motive:
You think that he is purposely getting your name wrong since you didn't know his name.

DM, that perception check is more likely to be on Pygrado than me.


HP: 33/45, Smite: 2/2, LoH: 3/6
Caladrius wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

DM, that perception check is more likely to be on Pygrado than me.

Upon studying Caladrius's blank facial expression and him ignoring his question, Gareth decides that he has chosen poorly. "Guess his name wasn't Orthano after all... there must have been something in the ale that night," he thinks to himself.

"Oh, I'm sorry sir. I must have mistaken you for a friend I have not seen in some time. You remind me of him. Which, trust me, is just as much of a good thing as it is a bad thing. Anyways, as I said, my name is Gareth. What do you go by?"

Diplomacy (for funsies): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25


Caladrius wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

DM, that perception check is more likely to be on Pygrado than me.

You're quite right. I had your names crossed for some reason.


Male Human

As people continue to move into the courtyard, a guard emerges onto the balcony and whispers in the fat man’s ear before returning inside the keep. The fat man approaches the end of the balcony and waves for silence.
“People of Silverkeep, it is my pleasure to introduce his majesty, King Heric the Wise.” He announces, as the main door opens behind him.


Male Human

Flanked by four more guards, a tall man in his fifties with grey hair and beard, wearing a brilliant suit of mithral armor and carrying a regal-looking bastard sword sheathed at his side enters the room. On his head rests a gold crown in which a number of rubies are embedded and on which the seal of Silverkeep is embossed in mithral. Behind him, with two more guards, a bored-looking young woman with brown hair and wearing a crimson dress and a silver tiara enters as well. As the king approaches the balcony, the fat man briefly bows and moves behind him to stand alongside the young lady.

“Good people, thank you for coming,” he says. “Three days ago, our forces under Lord Hekkard took the city of Goldcrest, along with many of its leaders. However, while this would normally be cause for celebration, yesterday an army under Goldcrest’s Lord Urist Stronginthearm crushed one of our towns, Ram Keep, as well as the army defending it. He is believed to be marching with the intent to take Silverkeep itself. As our main army is under Lord Hekkard and currently engaged in stabilizing Goldcrest, they cannot come to our aid. As such, I ask each of you to help the city guard in preparing our defense of this city in however way you can. Please report to your local guard bases to learn how you can help.”

With that, the king turns and walks back into the keep, trailed by the rest of the group on the balcony.

Hang on, there's another post coming up!


With the king's speech at an end, the now-milling crowd begins to depart.

Pygrado:
A pair of guards approach you. "Excuse us, sir, but someone in the court would like to see you. I believe he has a job offer for you. If you would follow us, please?" One of them addresses you, motioning towards a side door.

Caladrius & Gareth:
A young court page approaches the two of you, and says "Excuse me, sirs, but Master Vincenzo would like to speak with you immediately. If you would follow me, please?"

Caladrius:
You know Master Vincenzo rather well. He serves as a mentor to you in a number of ways, not least in that he also acts as the king's spymaster. He typically assigns you to mingle with courtiers and to keep him apprised of any possible threats among them.

Martin:
A guard you vaguely recognize from your days in the Guard approaches you. "Hey Martin, how are you doing?" He asks, before continuing "Anyway, Master Vincenzo wants to see you. He has a special job offer in mind for you, he says. I don't know any more - he was pretty close-mouthed about it. He's this way. If you would please follow me?" he says, motioning towards a side door.

Eleri:
A city guard you recognize from the gate approaches you, saying "Excuse me ma'am, but we were told to show any spellca- magic users into a meeting with one of the king's top advisors after the speech. Would you please follow me?" He moves to a side door and holds it open for you.

Baldor:
A guard from the gate approaches you, saying "Excuse me sir, but we were instructed to show some of the more formidable attendees into a meeting with one of the king's top advisors after the speech. Would you follow me, please?" He motions to a side door, indicating that you should follow him.


HP: 33/45, Smite: 2/2, LoH: 3/6
DM CD wrote:

With the king's speech at an end, the now-milling crowd begins to depart.

** spoiler omitted **

** spoiler omitted **

** spoiler omitted **

** spoiler omitted **

** spoiler omitted **

** spoiler omitted **

Caladrius+DM Only:

Gareth nods and tells the page, "Of course, sir. Did Master Vincenzo provide you with any details of the coming briefing?"

As he starts walking behind the page, he mutters under his breath, "This oughta be interesting..."


Gareth Aldridge wrote:


** spoiler omitted **

Gareth & Caladrius:
"Something about horsies and doggies," says the page, who cannot be more than 8 years old. "I didn't really listen. They're in the council room with the biiiigggggg round table in it!" He says, gesticulating wildly in an attempt to convey how big the table is.

Female Human Sorceror (Sage) 3

For DM Only, I guess:

Eleri follows the guard through the side door.
"It's sensible to have a separate briefing for mages, I suppose. The musclebound sword-swingers need only stand on the walls and swing at whatever comes their way, but we casters offer many more tactical and strategic options. Speaking of strategy," she continues, taking the opportunity to voice her complaints to an underling, "whose idea was it to send a Lord to take the enemy city and some 'Sir' to defend our own territory? The skilled generals of old would always first put themselves beyond the possibility of defeat, then wait for the opportunity to defeat the enemy. This more aggressive strategy sounds like it was motivated by merchants who wanted a quick resolution so their businesses wouldn't be disrupted. Honestly, if the city wants war they should leave the decisions to the military, not the mercantiles. Not that I want the city to be run by the army, of course, but if we're going one way or the other I'd at least like to see it done competently. Furthermore-"
Eleri cuts herself off, realizing that she's been completely oblivious to her surroundings during her rant. Gods, she hopes that no one important was listening to her. Criticizing policy to a low ranking guard was one thing, but she certainly would be quite embarrassed if a higher-up heard her...


Eleri Warlow wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

DM Only!:
Bluff: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Eleri:
"Well, ma'am, tactics aren't quite mah speciality, but ah reckon they're nah quite so simple as that. An' Sir Derrin is a lord, ma'am, but he don' like that title and uses the one he earned fer hisself. Or so he tol' me at the Horn." The guard drawls.

Eleri Only Sense Motive DC 17:
The guard seems to be attempting - badly - to hide his amusement at your rant. And that he actually has a rather good grasp of combat tactics. Also, his drawl is completely fake.

Eleri Only Knowledge: Nobility DC 13:
The guard's uniform indicates he is a senior sergeant, and he wears a medal indicating valor proudly.

Eleri Only Knowledge: History DC 15:
The Battle of the Horn was the first major victory for Silverkeep in the war, where Sir Derrin's archers effectively crippled Goldcrest's cavalry and prevented them from assaulting Hekkard's infantry.


Male Human Rogue [Investigator] 1/Dragonfire Adept 3
DM CD wrote:


** spoiler omitted **

DM & Gareth:
Caladrius looks at the boy for a beat before smiling. Well that's good, the room with the medium sized table is entirely inadequate for a meeting of this import. Would you like to take us there?

HP 42/43

DM Only:
"But of course, but of course. Lead on!"

A few steps later, he casually remarks to one of the guards, "You know, I'd come here to join the defense against the Goldcrestians, but only a fool turns down unsolicited business, especially from one of the court, eh?"


M Human Paladin 2, Ranger 6

After being approached by a guard, Martin seems to nod in agreement with something the guard said and begins following him in the direction indicated.

For DM or DC 9 Perception:

How the Perception DC was determined:
Hear the Details of a conversation: 0
Unfavorable conditions (room of people talking): +2
Distance +1/10 (Assuming about 20 ft because of room): +2
Creature making check is distracted (say by their own storyline): +5
Total: DC 9

As he follows the man Martin asks, "I'm sorry, but do you have any idea what this might be about? I mean obviously it's for the defense of Silverkeep, but I've been out of the loop for some time now, so why the special interest?"

Sense Motive: Does the guard seem to sense any danger, or seem nervous?
1d20 ⇒ 11


Gareth & Caladrius:
"Sure! Follow me!" The page exclaims, before scampering off through a veritable maze of corridors and passageways until you finally arrive at a large wooden door. "Master Vincenzo is in there. Now I need to run another errand. Bye!" The page says before running off down another corridor.

Pygrado:
"Of course, sir." Says one of the guards as he leads you through a passageway to a large wooden door, his fellow trailing you closely. "Your meeting will take place in there, sir. Good day to you." And with that, the two guards take up positions on either side of the door.

Pygrado Only: Sense Motive DC 8:

Guard's Bluff: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
The guards seem to be notably on edge around you, with hands held close to weapons.

Martin:
"Like I said, I don't know any more about the offer. I'd guess it involves a special mission outside the city - after all, he wants to speak to you about it." The guard says as you walk through the keep's corridors, before showing you to a large wooden door. "Master Vincenzo is through here. Now if you'll excuse me, I am needed elsewhere. Take care." He says, walking back the way you came.

The guard seems annoyed that you're being offered a special mission, but is otherwise at ease.


HP: 33/45, Smite: 2/2, LoH: 3/6

Gareth & Caladrius:

Gareth motions towards Caladrius to follow him.
"Let's go!", he says as he opens the large wooden door...

Perception for Martin (Am I even in the same area as him? I'll still roll I guess.): 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (20) - 2 = 18


HP: 33/45, Smite: 2/2, LoH: 3/6

Oh s**t! Do I get a prize for the first nat 20?


Gareth Aldridge wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

Perception for Martin (Am I even in the same area as him? I'll still roll I guess.): 1d20-2

You all started in the same area and are headed to the same meeting, but with different messengers and by different routes. As he was in the starting area when that spoiler took place, feel free to roll it.


Sense Motive 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

DM:
Are the rest of the party in this room? Your spoiler didn't mention any people, so this is assuming that I'm the first into the room. Let me know if not and I'll do something else. Pygrado pokes his head back out the door. "Thanks for bringing me, fellows. Any idea who I'm going to be meeting with? Want to make a good impression, you know."


Male Human

As you enter the door...:
Through the door is a large meeting room lit by many small stones orbiting the ceiling, which you guess is underground. Old tapestries depicting scenes of battle and images of the city over various time periods adorn the walls. A number of small cabinets with exquisite marquetry stand against the far wall. The room's main fixture, however, is the large round table crafted from darkwood and inlaid with circular gold bands. Seated at the table opposite the door you came in from is the fat man you saw on the balcony only a short while earlier. A Mithral Guard stands in each of the room's four corners.

The fat man looks up from the papers he was reading and says "Ah, welcome! Please take a seat while we wait for the rest of our attendees." He waves you to a seat opposite him, where you see that a slip of paper with your name on it has been left on the table. Looking around, you see that other slips have been left in front of other seats. Each slip has a name on it. They read "Pygrado," "Eleri," "Baldor," "Martin," "Gareth," and "Caladrius."


M Human Paladin 2, Ranger 6

Martin strides over to the table, carefully looking over the name placements, and then situates himself into his seat.

Turning to the others assembled there, he says with a grin, "Well, at least the seats are comfy."


HP: 33/45, Smite: 2/2, LoH: 3/6
Master Vincenzo di Tezirah wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

As Martin strides over to the table, he notices a tall, blonde man leaning back in his chair in a comfortable position sitting behind the nametag "Gareth". He has in his hands a half-full bunch of grapes and is slowly picking one off at a time, throwing it up in the air, and catching it in his mouth. Every time he catches one in his mouth, he says a number, which you presume is the number he has caught in a row.

"22." He says to himself, with a smirk on his face. He tosses another about 8 feet up in the air, positions his mouth under its trajectory, and catches it in his teeth, biting and swallowing it in one motion. "23."

Upon Martin's comment, Gareth turns towards him, extending the grape bunch in his right hand. "You want some?"


ajkkjjk52 wrote:

Sense Motive d20+4

** spoiler omitted **

Pygrado:
One of the fun things about PbPs is that they play merry hell with ordering. Technically, Gareth got there first, and Caladrius may or may not have arrived with him (he hasn't posted recently), and Martin would have arrived after you. Eleri is en route, while Baldor is still in the courtyard, and NM's character is who-the-heck-knows-where. So it's really up to you how you roleplay this. It's likely you arrived after Gareth & Caladrius, but are lying low enough in a seat that the others simply haven't noticed you yet. If you like this route, you can make a stealth check or just handwave it as you sit up straight in your chair and people notice you. Or something.

As explained above, this replaces my last spoilered action. Pygrado walks into into the room and looks around. Seeing the two others already arrived and the nametags on the table, he walks over to the fat man and says softly but audibly:

"Begging your pardon, your honor, er, excellency, er, sir, but I usually work alone. From the looks of these two fellows, they'd like-as-not be more hindrance than help."


M Human Paladin 2, Ranger 6

Martin eyes the grapes suspiciously, then thinking better of it says "Sure I'll have a grape".

then leaning closer, Martin asks in a hushed tone

DC 15 perception check & Gareth:
"any idea what this whole secret meeting is about?"


Male Human Rogue [Investigator] 1/Dragonfire Adept 3

Next to Gareth, a tall copper haired gentleman sits at the place marked "Caladrius". He is alternately fiddling with the clasp of his blue and gold cloak and eyeing Gareth's grapes as if resisting the uege to reach over and grab one out of the air.

He looks at the variety of people entering the room with increasing surprise at seeing each of them.

Perception on Martin's whisper:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17


Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Pygrado says nothing to correct the misconceptions of the muscle clearly hired to "help" him.


HP: 33/45, Smite: 2/2, LoH: 3/6
Martin Stillwaters wrote:

Martin eyes the grapes suspiciously, then thinking better of it says "Sure I'll have a grape".

then leaning closer, Martin asks in a hushed tone

** spoiler omitted **

Gareth shrugs to Martin and hands him the rest of the grapes.

"Didn't say. Here, you can have the rest."

After handing off the grapes, Gareth briefly pauses, grabs his nametag and turns back towards Martin, displaying it to him.
"Gareth Aldridge. And it looks like you must be..."
He immediately reaches for Martin's nametag. "...Martin?"


As you wait for the others to arrive, another guard walks in and whispers in the fat man's ear, handing him another sheaf of papers.

Perception DC 15:

Bluff to pass secret messages:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

The guard whispers, "Sir, the city guards have caught that miscreant you sent them after and are bringing him here. Do you want me to set out a place for him?"


The fat man grins enormously, saying "Hah! It looks like Lieutenant Radlar's information was good, after all. Yes, please do set a place for him!"

The guard writes something on a slip of paper and sets it in front of another seat before taking his leave. It reads "Jamros."

Jamros:
As the guards bundle you into the keep you see a crowd dispersing before you are carried inside, and then through a maze of corridors until you arrive at a large wooden door.
Please describe the scene of your arrival as a pair of city guards carry you into the room where the other players are meeting. No actual violence is all I ask - 'twould be a shame to kill a character so soon! Feel free to read the door spoiler above, but the fat man will have a different spiel for you as you are unceremoniously dropped into your seat.

Gareth, Martin, or DC 15 Knowledge: Local:
Lieutenant Radlar is a city guard lieutenant tasked with reducing street crime in Silverkeep.


Male Human Rogue [Investigator] 1/Dragonfire Adept 3

Caladrius makes a show of leaning back in his chair, but it is clear that he is straining to see and hear what the guard is doing.

Perception:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Knowledge(Local):1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16


HP: 33/45, Smite: 2/2, LoH: 3/6

Perception: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1

LOLOLOLOLOL was worth a shot


HP 42/43

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Knowledge(Local) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 (what's with all the really good rolls when I don't need 'em?)

Pygrado stands impatiently behind the fat man for a bit as this exchange goes by and his question remains unanswered. Eventually comprehension dawns on him and he awkwardly walks to his seat opposite Martin. "It seems I misunderstood why I was here..." he grumbles under his breath to no one in particular, then, "Not that I can't still be of use."

Jamros is NN-M? Hey, welcome! Or, if it's someone else, welcome also.
EDIT: Sorry about the earlier posts under the wrong alias. I've changed Pygrado to be my default alias, so it shouldn't happen again.


Pygrado wrote:

Perception d20+7

Knowledge(Local) d20+6 (what's with all the really good rolls when I don't need 'em?)

Pygrado stands impatiently behind the fat man for a bit as this exchange goes by and his question remains unanswered. Eventually comprehension dawns on him and he awkwardly walks to his seat opposite Martin. "It seems I misunderstood why I was here..." he grumbles under his breath to no one in particular, then, "Not that I can't still be of use."

Jamros is NN-M? Hey, welcome! Or, if it's someone else, welcome also.
EDIT: Sorry about the earlier posts under the wrong alias. I've changed Pygrado to be my default alias, so it shouldn't happen again.

1) He is.

2) It happens, don't worry about it.


M Human Paladin 2, Ranger 6
Gareth Aldridge wrote:
Martin Stillwaters wrote:


"Gareth Aldridge. And it looks like you must be..."
He immediately reaches for Martin's nametag. "...Martin?"

"Ah yes, I'm Martin Stillwaters. I work as a local wilderness guide, helping lead expeditions in the area. A pleasure to make your acquaintance. Two seconds..."

Martin pauses to listen to the guard with a letter.
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

"What was I saying, Oh yes. Garet Aldbridge, and what is it that you do, and who is this friend of yours?"

squinting at the card, "Caladrius?"


HP: 33/45, Smite: 2/2, LoH: 3/6

"So you're a wilderness guide, huh? I haven't been able to get out of the city much lately. I've been stuck here on duty with the Silver Guard for the most part. Specifically, I'm a trained archer."

He then turns to Caladrius.

"Oh, and yeah, this is Caladrius. We just met."

He leans in closely to Martin and says:

Martin or Perception 15:

"But trust me, good luck trying to get a word out of this guy. At least he seemed pretty shy earlier."

1 to 50 of 2,803 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM CD's Unrest in Atlus All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.