Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

DM B's PFS PbP The Labyrinth of Hungry Ghosts High

Game Master Beckett

Low Tier Play.

A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for levels 3–7.
Following a successful mission into the mist-shrouded and shifting Gloomspires, the Pathfinder Society sent another team to explore the tomb of the legendary pirate Sevenfingers. Unfortunately, this team never returned. The spires have momentarily halted, allowing a new team to brave the tomb’s many dangers, hopefully rescuing their allies in the process.
This scenario is a sequel to Pathfinder Society Scenario #6–06: "Hall of the Flesh Eaters".

INIT:

[spoiler=Init Rolls]
[dice=Bennybeck]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Bernard]1d20+6[/dice] +4 with no Grit
[dice=Ellismus]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Imrijka]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Omar]1d20++4[/dice]
[dice=Sven]1d20+4[/dice]
...
[dice=]1d20+[/dice]
[dice=]1d20+[/dice]
[/spoiler

-->> MAP <<--


201 to 250 of 256 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Shadow Lodge

|| Maelstrom Rift 2 || LoHG LOW || LoHG HIGH || Serpent's Skull ||

Rumbs hands together and simply watches the party speculate. . .
"Excellent."

Shadow Lodge

|| Maelstrom Rift 2 || LoHG LOW || LoHG HIGH || Serpent's Skull ||

In all honesty, he does not seem to be lying. And just for the record, he can fully understand you in common, he just can not force his body to speak it, for whatever reason. He claims that something here stripped him of his memory (and ability to speak anything but Celestial). He is acting a bit odd, but you really can't be sure if it's because he is trying to "go through the motions", being deceptive, or something else. He was the leader of the team, but he himself might not have been given the actual Floating Boat, (or carried it personally). You are not sure, and neither is he. The truth is, you really have not had enough time with him to really discern what is going on. He might be a really good liar, or he may honestly not remember/know, and be doing what he can to pass himself off as normal, or not as bad off.

The trip back to the surface takes next to no time, and there is no trouble either there or the way back. As requested, Jaohd digs a simple grave, lamenting that he can not recall much about his own friend. He does offer a simple service and performs a few rituals common to Shelyn's faith and a few other benevolent faiths.

Know Religion DC 20:
The rituals are authentic enough, and as a crusader, you wouldn't expect him to perform them with the expertise a priest might, but he seems to be more going through the motions here. This is not too terribly out of the ordinary, all things considered, for if his memory has indeed been damaged, he might simply be going off of "muscle memory", and he might honestly not recall, or be able to access any emotional attachment to his fallen ally he can not really remember.

Sense Motive DC 22:
There seems to be a certain notable emotional detachment in Jaohd. He is doing well to try to hide it, which is not really that circumspect IF he is telling the truth about not remembering. He might be embarrassed, or even feeling guilty over the ordeal. You are not sure, but you have seen through a crack in his armor and know that something is up. Not wrong, or off, just that there is something.

The trip back down is likewise uneventful, though Jaohd seems more somber and silent, lost in thought. When you arrive back at the same location you had just left, there is a single pathway leaving this area, entering into the true maze that gives this level it's namesake.

If you zoom in on the map a lot, you will see a very small maze. That is where you are going through right now. It's not just background for the map.

Please give me a Know Dungeoneering or Survival Check. You MAY Aid Another, but you MAY NOT Take 10 or Take 20 here. Also, I can't recall, but I believe the prior Chronicle gives you a bonus that might apply here as well.

Additionally, if anyone can make a DC 17 Know Planes or Know Arcana, you can get an additional +2 bonus here, (cumulative).

As you enter The Labyrinth you quickly discover the labyrinth’s perplexing, extra-dimensional nature, as the ever-twisting maze consists of hallways, stairs, ramps, and long lightless galleries that could not possibly fit inside the Gloomspire’s normal dimensions. Additionally, the strange reality-warping magic that infuses the Gloomspires causes walls and corridors regularly shift positions or cease to exist entirely. These supernatural physical alterations always occur out of sight, but they emit a sound reminiscent of the growl of an enormous predatory beast.

Grand Lodge

stuff:
Wand of CLW: 19 charges; Masterwork Thieves' Tools; Alchemist's Fire Flask (16/17); Arrows: 58/60
Male Taldan TN **BUFFS: dex mutagen, reduce person (dex mod +3, nat armor +2, wis mod -1)** Alchemist (Grenadier) 4 - Init +5; Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +8, AC 24/ touch 16/ ff 19; hp 35/35, F+7, R+10, W+2, Speed 30 ft.; Bombs 3/9

survival: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
know. Arcana: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32

Shadow Lodge

|| Maelstrom Rift 2 || LoHG LOW || LoHG HIGH || Serpent's Skull ||

Please also indicate if you are attempting the rolls yourself, or activel trying to Aid Another here, please. (not that it matters too much after Ell's last roll.)

Dark Archive

male Ulfen Knifemaster 4 Perc. +8 AC 18 (T 14 FF 14) HP 44 CMD 25 CMB 8 FORT +6 REF +4 (+6 while raging) WIL +3 (+2 vs. mind affecting +2 while raging)

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Duh...my mind feels numb!

Super swamed wih new Job. Sorry for the brevity of my Posts...

The Exchange

Male Halfling Gunslinger (bolt ace) 3 - Init +4/+6 - AC 20|16|15 - hp 28/28 - Grit 2/2 - Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +3; +2 vs. fear - Speed 30 ft.- Perception +10 - low-light vision - Adaptable Luck: 2/3; Lessons of Chaldira: 1/1
Wands:
gravity bow 43; CLW 48
Ammo:
Bolts 4; Bolts (adamantine) 10; Bolts (cold iron) 28; Bolts (ghost salt) 10; Bolts (silver) 20
Wrist sheath (spring loaded):
holy weapon balm; holy water

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

"Oh, c'mon boys! As Benny here told", Bernard lay his hand on his halfling friend's shoulder, "Jaohd is a paladin, someone chosen by the gods, the good ones. We should let him carry weapons and even a shield, if you have one to lend. After all, any reinforcement is welcome."

When seem that he finished, the halfling finally concludes: "well, if we would have any reason to not trust him, why he is walking with us? Why are we helping him? This make no sense to me. I trust in him. He is just so...confused, right now. We were sent here to help him, so let's do this."

Survival - aid Ellismus: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Scarab Sages

Male Halfelf - Skald 4 - AC19(18)/T14/F14/CMD14 |HP 30/31 | Fort:+5;Ref:+4;Will+4 |Percept.+6 | Init.+4 | { }12 (7/15 song used) { }

Omar studies the rituals as performed by Jaohd.

bardic kn:rel: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 + 1 = 12

Sense motive: 1d20 ⇒ 11

Not really my area of expertise. Will this take long, Jaohd? Anything I can do to help?

Silver Crusade

M Halfling Rogue 3 AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 13 (+2 armor, +3 Dex, +1 dodge, +1 size) hp 23 (3d8+3) Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +3; +2 vs. fear Percpetion +9

The rogue looks at Bernard in disbelief and says in halfling

Halfling:
That it not at all what I said. I said we SHOULDN'T give him a weapon

Sense motive 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 from the pst at 430 yesterday

Know Dungen 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Silver Crusade

M Halfling Rogue 3 AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 13 (+2 armor, +3 Dex, +1 dodge, +1 size) hp 23 (3d8+3) Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +3; +2 vs. fear Percpetion +9

I think I am going to have to keep an eye on Mr. Holy Roller especially since these people don't seem to mind. I wonder if anytime anyone says they are a paladin it is greeted in this manner? the halfling says reading the man's facade.

Grand Lodge

stuff:
Wand of CLW: 19 charges; Masterwork Thieves' Tools; Alchemist's Fire Flask (16/17); Arrows: 58/60
Male Taldan TN **BUFFS: dex mutagen, reduce person (dex mod +3, nat armor +2, wis mod -1)** Alchemist (Grenadier) 4 - Init +5; Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +8, AC 24/ touch 16/ ff 19; hp 35/35, F+7, R+10, W+2, Speed 30 ft.; Bombs 3/9

I'm assuming that someone that made the Sense Motive 22 tells shares with Ellismus that something is off with the paladin... considering the type of creature we've met earlier, Ellismus is very much on his guard in regards to this 'paladin'...

Bernard Nimblefeet wrote:
"Oh, c'mon boys! As Benny here told", Bernard lay his hand on his halfling friend's shoulder, "Jaohd is a paladin, someone chosen by the gods, the good ones. We should let him carry weapons and even a shield, if you have one to lend. After all, any reinforcement is welcome."

"C'mon boys?" says Ellismus, disbelief and anger showing, "This man is not well, and he's not going to carry a weapon or go into any battle. And that's the end of that. As soon as we have what we came for, we're escorting him to safety. Paladin? ok... that means he gets to carry a heal stick. There," says Ellismus, handing over one of his cure sticks to the paladin.

I have one cure stick with 15 charges and one with 4 charges, for a total of 19 charges; I give him the one with 4 charges. I more or less suggest we all move on at this point with the paladin at the back taking total defense actions; if he's vertical, that's all I care about; and if he can fire a pally spell or two, or use the heal stick or his healing channel / lay on hands on the front liners, great.

Shadow Lodge

|| Maelstrom Rift 2 || LoHG LOW || LoHG HIGH || Serpent's Skull ||

In Celestial "While I fully understand your reticence, I'm . . . I seem to have forgotten how to properly use these. I know no miracles. But, I understand, and I will not argue. I think I, the old I at least, would have been willing to give my life for others, and for honor. Perhaps this is a test of faith? If I am able to bring healing and light to the world even in my darkest hour."

Though no living creatures patrol the labyrinth, its passageways are haunted. Trapped within the polished black stonework are countless spirits and lost souls, the haunted vestiges of beings that died in the tomb. These utterly silent spirits appear as vague outlines and blurry humanoid forms that glide across the black marble. The spirits are only dangerous if a you touch the marble with bare skin for a prolonged period of time. If a you touches bare skin to the stonework, the ghostly
vestiges grow more distinct and agitated.

It takes you 1 solid hour to make your way to the next area through the maze, but you also feel there is much more to come. All buffs/allies/other that last 1 hour or less are now gone.

This chamber resembles a lord’s banquet hall, complete with a fireplace and a long oak dining table. Dozens of ghostly entities fill the chamber. A score of lords and ladies are seated at the table enjoying a feast, a group of minstrels play lively music in one corner, and more revelers dance and cavort in an open area to the south.

As you enter the room, one of the revelers approaches each of you individually with open hands, beckoning you to join in the dance. You can not help, after their gentle ministrations, but put aside your weapons, and succumb to party's magic, at least for a few steps with your ghostly (but not at all "ghastly") partner . . .

Please give me:
a Will Save
and a Perform Dance

Grand Lodge

stuff:
Wand of CLW: 19 charges; Masterwork Thieves' Tools; Alchemist's Fire Flask (16/17); Arrows: 58/60
Male Taldan TN **BUFFS: dex mutagen, reduce person (dex mod +3, nat armor +2, wis mod -1)** Alchemist (Grenadier) 4 - Init +5; Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +8, AC 24/ touch 16/ ff 19; hp 35/35, F+7, R+10, W+2, Speed 30 ft.; Bombs 3/9

Will save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Perform Dance: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (9) - 2 = 7

Ellismus shakes his head, and wonders what has gotten into his old bones...

Scarab Sages

Male Halfelf - Skald 4 - AC19(18)/T14/F14/CMD14 |HP 30/31 | Fort:+5;Ref:+4;Will+4 |Percept.+6 | Init.+4 | { }12 (7/15 song used) { }

Omar shrugs as they continue onward, not sure what to do with the holy warrior and his lack of memory

***

What is this dance of the dead?

Upon hearing the song...Omar is surprised, but likes the tune...

will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

perform dance: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 lol

And the skald nearly trips.

Ooops. I did not see that chair.

Dark Archive

male Ulfen Knifemaster 4 Perc. +8 AC 18 (T 14 FF 14) HP 44 CMD 25 CMB 8 FORT +6 REF +4 (+6 while raging) WIL +3 (+2 vs. mind affecting +2 while raging)

Wil1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Dance 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Sven steps into the chamber and does a few twirls, looking mighty elegant for an Ulfen warrior.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Gunslinger (bolt ace) 3 - Init +4/+6 - AC 20|16|15 - hp 28/28 - Grit 2/2 - Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +3; +2 vs. fear - Speed 30 ft.- Perception +10 - low-light vision - Adaptable Luck: 2/3; Lessons of Chaldira: 1/1
Wands:
gravity bow 43; CLW 48
Ammo:
Bolts 4; Bolts (adamantine) 10; Bolts (cold iron) 28; Bolts (ghost salt) 10; Bolts (silver) 20
Wrist sheath (spring loaded):
holy weapon balm; holy water
Ellismus wrote:
I'm assuming that someone that made the Sense Motive 22 tells shares with Ellismus that something is off with the paladin... considering the type of creature we've met earlier, Ellismus is very much on his guard in regards to this 'paladin'...

Sure. Bernard will always share the spoiler informations to everybody.

Ellismus, the angry wrote:
"C'mon boys? This man is not well, and he's not going to carry a weapon or go into any battle. And that's the end of that. As soon as we have what we came for, we're escorting him to safety. Paladin? ok... that means he gets to carry a heal stick. There,"

"Hey, hey, buddy, calm down, right? You don't have to be so rude", Bernard is clearly uncomfortable with the alchemist's anger. "Let's keep moving, right?"

Then, the halfling whispers to Jaohd: "don't worry, I'll take care of your back", and he winks to him.

At the banquet hall...

Will + Adaptable Luck: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 2 = 15
Perform (dance): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11

"For Chaldira! This is so exciting!", Bernard exclaims as he starts to dance with a big smile in his face.

Silver Crusade

M Halfling Rogue 3 AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 13 (+2 armor, +3 Dex, +1 dodge, +1 size) hp 23 (3d8+3) Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +3; +2 vs. fear Percpetion +9

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 Perform
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 will

Shadow Lodge

|| Maelstrom Rift 2 || LoHG LOW || LoHG HIGH || Serpent's Skull ||

The entire group quickly joins in the dance, but Bennybeck, Ellismus, and Omar quickly seem to break free as whatever compulsion had overtaken their mind seems to fade back, and they suddenly stop in place. Their ghostly partners continue to whirl about in a fervor, as they see the rest of the assembled Pathfinders continue on, working around the room in a calypso train. Jaohd in particular seems incredibly out of his element here, blushing a bright red, and stumbling all over himself.

Currently everyone is required to spend a Move Action in order to continue the dance (Except for Bennybeck, Ellismus, and Omar). Can everyone else give me a Perform Dance Check, and you may otherwise spend a Standard, Free, or Immediate Action, if appropriate. For Bennybeck, Ellismus, and Omar only, you are free to act as you wish.

THE FINAL COUNT DOWN 10. . ., 9. . .
Bernard
Omar
Sven
Imrijka
Ellismus
Bennybeck

Jaohd

Init Rolls:

Bennybeck: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Bernard: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 +4 with no Grit
Ellismus: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Imrijka: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Omar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Sven: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Scarab Sages

Male Halfelf - Skald 4 - AC19(18)/T14/F14/CMD14 |HP 30/31 | Fort:+5;Ref:+4;Will+4 |Percept.+6 | Init.+4 | { }12 (7/15 song used) { }

After nearly tripping on a chair, Omar stops dancing and watches the ghosts with his companions.

Hey Ellismus, Benny... What is going on here? Are these ghosts or haunts or some illusion causing this mad dance?

Omar will look around, past the ghosts, trying to find a source of their origin.

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

And he will move to a corner and cast detect magic to try to concentrate on any auras in the room.

Grand Lodge

stuff:
Wand of CLW: 19 charges; Masterwork Thieves' Tools; Alchemist's Fire Flask (16/17); Arrows: 58/60
Male Taldan TN **BUFFS: dex mutagen, reduce person (dex mod +3, nat armor +2, wis mod -1)** Alchemist (Grenadier) 4 - Init +5; Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +8, AC 24/ touch 16/ ff 19; hp 35/35, F+7, R+10, W+2, Speed 30 ft.; Bombs 3/9

Ellismus shifts uncomfortably, as he is not well-versed in ghosts and spirits... he tries to identify the spell or magical effect that has taken over his companions.

Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24

Shadow Lodge

|| Maelstrom Rift 2 || LoHG LOW || LoHG HIGH || Serpent's Skull ||

Just in case it wasn't clear:
Bennybeck, Ellismus, and Omar are free to act.
Bernard, Imrijka, & Sven must spend a Move Action to continue to dance, but may otherwise spend a Standard/Free/Immediate Action as they wish (as long as it's something they could reasonably do while dancing, so you could not, for instance drop Prone to stop dancing, but could draw/drink a potion, cast a spell), and need to give me a Perform Dance check each "round".

Everyone is on the map, dancing about the room with a whole host of spiritual revelers. I'll see how the Grapple Checks go once I see everyone else's checks, (which have a chance to free them from the event.

@ Ellismus: Good point. I did forget to include this. Using the same roll as above and swapping Arcana for Religion, can you beat a

Know Religion DC 17:
It's Haunt, not a spell effect of some sort. From what you can gather, at one point there had been some sort of victory feast, and right in the middle of the celebration, something seemed to have happened that killed all. While these spirits are not actually the souls of those victims, the incident seems to have left a permanent stain on the fabric of this realm. Perhaps, if the "dance off" can be completed, it just might lay these energies to rest.
Everyone can attempt the check here. Ell just already rolled.

Grand Lodge

stuff:
Wand of CLW: 19 charges; Masterwork Thieves' Tools; Alchemist's Fire Flask (16/17); Arrows: 58/60
Male Taldan TN **BUFFS: dex mutagen, reduce person (dex mod +3, nat armor +2, wis mod -1)** Alchemist (Grenadier) 4 - Init +5; Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +8, AC 24/ touch 16/ ff 19; hp 35/35, F+7, R+10, W+2, Speed 30 ft.; Bombs 3/9

I have a boon that can replicate dispel magic, but I'm unsure if this work on haunts. AFAIK you can channel positive to damage haunts but not sure if heal sticks can work... however if dancing works I'll try to bust a move! Lol

Dark Archive

male Ulfen Knifemaster 4 Perc. +8 AC 18 (T 14 FF 14) HP 44 CMD 25 CMB 8 FORT +6 REF +4 (+6 while raging) WIL +3 (+2 vs. mind affecting +2 while raging)

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

I fear we are under the effect of a haunt! Maybe there was a grand dance here at some point! Sven reveals with a tern face.

Grand Lodge

stuff:
Wand of CLW: 19 charges; Masterwork Thieves' Tools; Alchemist's Fire Flask (16/17); Arrows: 58/60
Male Taldan TN **BUFFS: dex mutagen, reduce person (dex mod +3, nat armor +2, wis mod -1)** Alchemist (Grenadier) 4 - Init +5; Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +8, AC 24/ touch 16/ ff 19; hp 35/35, F+7, R+10, W+2, Speed 30 ft.; Bombs 3/9

"How can I kill this?" says Ellismus, hesitant to waste one of his four remaining bombs...

Scarab Sages

Male Halfelf - Skald 4 - AC19(18)/T14/F14/CMD14 |HP 30/31 | Fort:+5;Ref:+4;Will+4 |Percept.+6 | Init.+4 | { }12 (7/15 song used) { }

"I thought they could only be killed by divine energy."

Omar will draw his wand and try to tap a ghost dancer.

Clw : 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Grand Lodge

stuff:
Wand of CLW: 19 charges; Masterwork Thieves' Tools; Alchemist's Fire Flask (16/17); Arrows: 58/60
Male Taldan TN **BUFFS: dex mutagen, reduce person (dex mod +3, nat armor +2, wis mod -1)** Alchemist (Grenadier) 4 - Init +5; Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +8, AC 24/ touch 16/ ff 19; hp 35/35, F+7, R+10, W+2, Speed 30 ft.; Bombs 3/9

Same here

CLW whap!: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Dark Archive

male Ulfen Knifemaster 4 Perc. +8 AC 18 (T 14 FF 14) HP 44 CMD 25 CMB 8 FORT +6 REF +4 (+6 while raging) WIL +3 (+2 vs. mind affecting +2 while raging)

You will have to roll a touch attack...

Grand Lodge

stuff:
Wand of CLW: 19 charges; Masterwork Thieves' Tools; Alchemist's Fire Flask (16/17); Arrows: 58/60
Male Taldan TN **BUFFS: dex mutagen, reduce person (dex mod +3, nat armor +2, wis mod -1)** Alchemist (Grenadier) 4 - Init +5; Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +8, AC 24/ touch 16/ ff 19; hp 35/35, F+7, R+10, W+2, Speed 30 ft.; Bombs 3/9

In the discussion thread we were told the haunt is special: it takes the whole room and you can just attack the area... which we are completely inside of at the moment, so I'm going with Omar's auto zap unless told otherwise! :)

Scarab Sages

Male Halfelf - Skald 4 - AC19(18)/T14/F14/CMD14 |HP 30/31 | Fort:+5;Ref:+4;Will+4 |Percept.+6 | Init.+4 | { }12 (7/15 song used) { }

Omar waves the wand around menacingly and nearly drops it

Touch : 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 if needed

The Exchange

Male Halfling Gunslinger (bolt ace) 3 - Init +4/+6 - AC 20|16|15 - hp 28/28 - Grit 2/2 - Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +3; +2 vs. fear - Speed 30 ft.- Perception +10 - low-light vision - Adaptable Luck: 2/3; Lessons of Chaldira: 1/1
Wands:
gravity bow 43; CLW 48
Ammo:
Bolts 4; Bolts (adamantine) 10; Bolts (cold iron) 28; Bolts (ghost salt) 10; Bolts (silver) 20
Wrist sheath (spring loaded):
holy weapon balm; holy water

And Bernard is still dancing!

Perform (dance): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6

Shadow Lodge

|| Maelstrom Rift 2 || LoHG LOW || LoHG HIGH || Serpent's Skull ||

Svan and Bernard continue to dance with the spectral partners, as the nearly unheard music begins to speed up, forcing them to follow suite.

So, at this point, I'm still waiting on:
Ellismus: A touch Attack
Sven: A Perform Dance Check
Imrijka: I believe has dropped. I PM'd, but had not received a response, and they have not posted in some time. So, I'm going to drop them, and if they come back, possibly allow to rejoin.

Grand Lodge

stuff:
Wand of CLW: 19 charges; Masterwork Thieves' Tools; Alchemist's Fire Flask (16/17); Arrows: 58/60
Male Taldan TN **BUFFS: dex mutagen, reduce person (dex mod +3, nat armor +2, wis mod -1)** Alchemist (Grenadier) 4 - Init +5; Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +8, AC 24/ touch 16/ ff 19; hp 35/35, F+7, R+10, W+2, Speed 30 ft.; Bombs 3/9

Ellismus attempts to smite a ghost right through with a vicious slash of his deadly wand of Cure Light Wounds! Melee Touch... oh boy... can I throw the wand? :P: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (12) - 2 = 10

Dark Archive

male Ulfen Knifemaster 4 Perc. +8 AC 18 (T 14 FF 14) HP 44 CMD 25 CMB 8 FORT +6 REF +4 (+6 while raging) WIL +3 (+2 vs. mind affecting +2 while raging)

Perform 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1

Sven nearly stumbles over his feet as he rocks the dance floor with his ghostly sidekick.

Silver Crusade

M Halfling Rogue 3 AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 13 (+2 armor, +3 Dex, +1 dodge, +1 size) hp 23 (3d8+3) Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +3; +2 vs. fear Percpetion +9

Is there a way to help those who have been enchanted to break their situation?

Shadow Lodge

|| Maelstrom Rift 2 || LoHG LOW || LoHG HIGH || Serpent's Skull ||

Both Omar and Ellismus attempt to level their wands against the ghostly celebration, but it seems that Omar has not chosen the proper target for his ministrations, while Ellismus feels a certain discharge of energy as he swipes through one of the ambient spirits, causing a shudder throughout the room. Bernard, Sven, and very, very poorly Jaohd continue their attempts at keeping up with the incorporeal dance-off to little avail, though it seems the barely heard beat is beginning to speed up, forcing them to follow suite.

Knowing that it is naught be a Haunt does not seem to offer any sort of protection as those still caught within it's grasp struggle to control their own bodies.

THE FINAL COUNT DOWN 10. . ., 9. . . 8. . . (x0)

Bernard ()
Omar (free)
Sven ()
Ellismus (free)
Bennybeck (free)

Jaohd ()

Grand Lodge

stuff:
Wand of CLW: 19 charges; Masterwork Thieves' Tools; Alchemist's Fire Flask (16/17); Arrows: 58/60
Male Taldan TN **BUFFS: dex mutagen, reduce person (dex mod +3, nat armor +2, wis mod -1)** Alchemist (Grenadier) 4 - Init +5; Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +8, AC 24/ touch 16/ ff 19; hp 35/35, F+7, R+10, W+2, Speed 30 ft.; Bombs 3/9

Ellismus' deadly wand of Cure Light Wounds flashes once more! Melee Touch... sigh: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 = 4 for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 damage!

Shadow Lodge

|| Maelstrom Rift 2 || LoHG LOW || LoHG HIGH || Serpent's Skull ||

I'm a bit rushed at the moment, and might be missing something very obvious, but what is Ell's -2 for? (not that it matters for this specific roll)

Scarab Sages

Male Halfelf - Skald 4 - AC19(18)/T14/F14/CMD14 |HP 30/31 | Fort:+5;Ref:+4;Will+4 |Percept.+6 | Init.+4 | { }12 (7/15 song used) { }

Omar will try to tap a ghost again.

"Hold still you crazy ghosts."

Wand Touch : 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 oh pleeze.

Grand Lodge

stuff:
Wand of CLW: 19 charges; Masterwork Thieves' Tools; Alchemist's Fire Flask (16/17); Arrows: 58/60
Male Taldan TN **BUFFS: dex mutagen, reduce person (dex mod +3, nat armor +2, wis mod -1)** Alchemist (Grenadier) 4 - Init +5; Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +8, AC 24/ touch 16/ ff 19; hp 35/35, F+7, R+10, W+2, Speed 30 ft.; Bombs 3/9
DM Beckett wrote:
I'm a bit rushed at the moment, and might be missing something very obvious, but what is Ell's -2 for? (not that it matters for this specific roll)

Melee Touch uses STR right?... oh you're right: we're not buffed you said so I'm back to medium size, so BAB 3 minus 1 due to my 8 STR so it should have been +2 on the last two rounds...

Dark Archive

male Ulfen Knifemaster 4 Perc. +8 AC 18 (T 14 FF 14) HP 44 CMD 25 CMB 8 FORT +6 REF +4 (+6 while raging) WIL +3 (+2 vs. mind affecting +2 while raging)

Dancin...Dancin...

Perform 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (16) - 2 = 14

Silver Crusade

M Halfling Rogue 3 AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 13 (+2 armor, +3 Dex, +1 dodge, +1 size) hp 23 (3d8+3) Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +3; +2 vs. fear Percpetion +9

The halfling will try to shake Bernard Come on man, dont let this thing make you do things.

Grand Lodge

stuff:
Wand of CLW: 19 charges; Masterwork Thieves' Tools; Alchemist's Fire Flask (16/17); Arrows: 58/60
Male Taldan TN **BUFFS: dex mutagen, reduce person (dex mod +3, nat armor +2, wis mod -1)** Alchemist (Grenadier) 4 - Init +5; Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +8, AC 24/ touch 16/ ff 19; hp 35/35, F+7, R+10, W+2, Speed 30 ft.; Bombs 3/9

Ellismus shakes his head, "Aargh! I think this waltzin has gotten to his brain already!!"

Ellismus reorients his wand towards the ghost embracing Sven!

Shadow Lodge

|| Maelstrom Rift 2 || LoHG LOW || LoHG HIGH || Serpent's Skull ||

The spirits continue to lead Sven around as both Ell and Omar struggle to get their magics to work. Perhaps the Haunt has some sentience, but suddenly a few of the now abandoned ghostly partners whirl about in a furry, lashing out at those no longer jamming out. These slimy, shifting mass has the shape of a humanoid, but is made out of what appears to be some form of sticky rope or cloth.

Slam vs Omar (AC 19): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 <HIT> ||Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Slam vs Ellismus (AC 24 ): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 <miss>
Slam vs Bennybeck (AC 17): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 <HIT> || Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Omar and Bennybeck: Will Save DC 12 (Fear):
Any creature struck by an ectoplasmic creature’s slam attack must succeed at a DC 12 Will save or be shaken for 1d4 ⇒ 2 rounds.

Know Religion DC 16 (Undead):
Not part of the Haunt at all, these three ghostly beings are called Variant Ectoplasmic Creatures. Not truly ghosts, but rather some sort of manifestation of past tragedies reliving, yet mocking the scene of their deaths. They are resistant to both blunt and piercing weapons, but not those that cut deeply.

DC 21+:
Ectoplasmic Creatures have an ability to literally leech the courage from targets with but a touch. While not themselves actually sentient, they in many ways appear to be, reliving their demise over and over as they attempt to bring others along for the ride as well. Sadly, it is a one way trip.

THE FINAL COUNT DOWN 10. . . 9. . . 8. . . 7. . . (x0)

Bernard ()
Ghost RED ()
Omar (-5, free)
Sven ()
Ghost PURPLE ()
Ellismus (free)
Ghost YELLOW()
Bennybeck (-7, free)
Jaohd ()

Scarab Sages

Male Halfelf - Skald 4 - AC19(18)/T14/F14/CMD14 |HP 30/31 | Fort:+5;Ref:+4;Will+4 |Percept.+6 | Init.+4 | { }12 (7/15 song used) { }

Omar grunts as the slam bruises a rib.

will,rage: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 = 11 +2 vs. enchantments, +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic

Great! Now it is fighting back. Wand, don't fail me again!

Shadow Lodge

|| Maelstrom Rift 2 || LoHG LOW || LoHG HIGH || Serpent's Skull ||

Unfortunately it is none of those. Just a Fear Effect.

As Bernard continues to dance about the room, his pace growing faster as his body is forced to keep up, it's clear he and Sven can not keep this up much longer.

The ghostly creature again strikes out at Omar, sending bits of it's own misty body coiling around the skald, but nothing seems to connect.

Slam vs Omar (AC 19): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 <miss>

THE FINAL COUNT DOWN 10. . . 9. . . 8. . . 7. . . (x0)

Bernard () <Perform Dance Please>
Ghost RED ()
Omar (-5, free)
Sven () <Perform Dance Please>
Ghost PURPLE ()
Ellismus (free)
Ghost YELLOW()
Bennybeck (-7, free) <Will Save Please>
Jaohd ()

Scarab Sages

Male Halfelf - Skald 4 - AC19(18)/T14/F14/CMD14 |HP 30/31 | Fort:+5;Ref:+4;Will+4 |Percept.+6 | Init.+4 | { }12 (7/15 song used) { }

Omar, shaking from the last hit, manages to dodge another of the ghostly members.

Not again you unholy ballroom ghosts!

wand touch,rage shaken: 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 1 - 2 = 19

clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

He swings again with the cure wand, trying to tap a spirit.

How do you like that for a tap-dance?

Silver Crusade

M Halfling Rogue 3 AC 17, touch 15, flat-footed 13 (+2 armor, +3 Dex, +1 dodge, +1 size) hp 23 (3d8+3) Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +3; +2 vs. fear Percpetion +9

Is this a fear effect?

Shadow Lodge

Yes it is.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Grand Lodge

stuff:
Wand of CLW: 19 charges; Masterwork Thieves' Tools; Alchemist's Fire Flask (16/17); Arrows: 58/60
Male Taldan TN **BUFFS: dex mutagen, reduce person (dex mod +3, nat armor +2, wis mod -1)** Alchemist (Grenadier) 4 - Init +5; Senses: Normal Vision, Perception +8, AC 24/ touch 16/ ff 19; hp 35/35, F+7, R+10, W+2, Speed 30 ft.; Bombs 3/9

Seeing the slimy new arrival, Ellismus forgets about his heal stick for now (keeping the charge though) makes an acrobatic check to back off 20 feet from that thing, then lobs a bomb at it:

Alchemist Bomb; ranged touch: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20 for dmg: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (4, 3) + 6 = 13 (catches fire for 1d6 fire damage on each of its turn; DC17 to extinguish as a full-round action)

Dark Archive

male Ulfen Knifemaster 4 Perc. +8 AC 18 (T 14 FF 14) HP 44 CMD 25 CMB 8 FORT +6 REF +4 (+6 while raging) WIL +3 (+2 vs. mind affecting +2 while raging)

Sven keeps up the boogie woogie.

Dance 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (16) - 2 = 14

The Exchange

Male Halfling Gunslinger (bolt ace) 3 - Init +4/+6 - AC 20|16|15 - hp 28/28 - Grit 2/2 - Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +3; +2 vs. fear - Speed 30 ft.- Perception +10 - low-light vision - Adaptable Luck: 2/3; Lessons of Chaldira: 1/1
Wands:
gravity bow 43; CLW 48
Ammo:
Bolts 4; Bolts (adamantine) 10; Bolts (cold iron) 28; Bolts (ghost salt) 10; Bolts (silver) 20
Wrist sheath (spring loaded):
holy weapon balm; holy water

@DM Beckett, Bernard can take another actions while dancing?

Perform (dance): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8

201 to 250 of 256 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM B's PFS PbP The Labyrinth of Hungry Ghosts High Game All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.