Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

DM Brainiac's Ruins of Azlant: Gills and Grit!

Game Master Brainiac

Battle Maps on Google Slides

Map of Talmandor's Bounty


801 to 850 of 919 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

Male Human Bard (Archaeologist) 3; HP 19/19; AC 19/13/16; F+2/R+6/W+3; Init+3; Per+7; Arch.Luck+2,6/6

Figuring he might as well take his last shot before he passes out,
Gideon makes a last effort at felling the beast with its arm around his throat before he slumps over, unconscious.

Machete Attack-Grapple+AL: 1d20 + 3 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 3 - 2 + 2 = 13
Machete Damage+AL: 1d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 2 = 9

Fingers crossed!


Male Human Gunslinger (bolt ace) 3 | 20/20 HP | AC 20 T 14 FF 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7 | Grit 2/2½ | Set Mind 1/1

Tobar takes aim once more and squints.

Crossbow attack, point-blank: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 1 = 24
Crossbow damage, point-blank: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Gideon tries to slash the choker, but his blade scrapes harmlessly against its rubbery skin. Darkness claims him as he falls unconscious.

Calvin retaliates against the choker that struck him, cutting it down with a powerful overhand chop.

Tobar takes aim again, this time finding his mark. His bolt sinks into the last choker's chest, dropping it!


Male Human Bard (Archaeologist) 3; HP 19/19; AC 19/13/16; F+2/R+6/W+3; Init+3; Per+7; Arch.Luck+2,6/6

Yay! Ding dong, the chokers are dead! Now wake me up! :P


Male Human Gunslinger (bolt ace) 3 | 20/20 HP | AC 20 T 14 FF 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7 | Grit 2/2½ | Set Mind 1/1

"We need to get Gideon a gorget or something. They love his neck."


Gillman Oracle 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 19 : TAC 12 : FAC 17 : CMD 11 | Fort +3 : Ref +3 : Will +4 | Perc. +8 : S.M. +5 | Init +2 | Move 20' : Swim 20'
resources:
Healer's Way: 5/5, Spells: 1st 6/6 | Bolts 10 | Spirit of Wine 2 | wand of flaming sphere 8

Weyve rushes over to Gideon.

"I remember the feeling."

He presses his fingers down on the wound.

cure light wounds: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
cure light wounds: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Using 2 spells. Gideon is back to full!

"There. Better?"


Male Human Bard (Archaeologist) 3; HP 19/19; AC 19/13/16; F+2/R+6/W+3; Init+3; Per+7; Arch.Luck+2,6/6

"Oof...yeah, much. Thanks." Gideon says as Weyve helps him to his feet. "Second time somethin's knocked me unconscious. I just hope third time isn't the charm for them." he adds, rubbing a sore muscle in the back of his neck.

He looks around the room, searching for anything that might be worth finding, while commenting idly, "Is it just me, or can you still feel the things on their hands they latch onto you with, even after they're gone?"

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


There doesn't seem to be anything of value in this cave. Choker tracks crisscross the chamber, including several full-sized sets.


Male Human Bard (Archaeologist) 3; HP 19/19; AC 19/13/16; F+2/R+6/W+3; Init+3; Per+7; Arch.Luck+2,6/6

"Lovely..." Gideon mutters as he puts his fingers to his neck. "On the positive side, they don't seem to have any way of attacking at range. No point delaying the inevitable though...this group is going to have to be exterminated if the colony is to remain safe. Cal, this might be a good time to have some of that acid or fire ready to go, in case we come up on a cluster of them."


Male Gillman Fighter (Steelbound) 3 Init +6; Senses Perception +1; hp 21/31; AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18; Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1 (+1 vs. fear); +2 vs. non-aboleth enchantments and -2 vs. aboleth enchantments

"We could do with iron collars to keep us from being throttled again." Calvin says, leading the way as they continue exploring.


Male Human Bard (Archaeologist) 3; HP 19/19; AC 19/13/16; F+2/R+6/W+3; Init+3; Per+7; Arch.Luck+2,6/6

"Wouldn't be a bad idea if we had time to forge some for ourselves. I'm not sure I want to give these guys a chance to relocate, though. I know there's a danger to us, but I think we should wipe them out now, while we still have them halfway by surprise." Gideon replies, leading the group toward the southern tunnel, sheathing his machete and getting his bow ready for a snap shot.


The wall of this cave are slick with moisture, and the smell of rotten meat fills the air.

Perception:
Calvin: 1d20 ⇒ 3
Gideon: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Tobar: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Weyve: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

As Calvin steps through the narrow gap, rubbery tentacles whip out from around the corner to try to grab him, but they scrape against his armor!

Tentacle, Surprise: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 = 12
Tentacle, Surprise: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 = 11

Initiative:
Calvin: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Gideon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Tobar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Weyve: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Chokers: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Before you can react, the two chokers lash out at the gillman again. Each one manages to wrap a tentacle around Calvin's neck, throttling him until he passes out!

Tentacle: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Tentacle: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 241d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Tentacle: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Tentacle: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 191d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Grab: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 191d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Grab: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 261d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

These chokers are a seriously health hazard! 22 total damage to Calvin, which brings him down to -4 HP. :(


Male Human Bard (Archaeologist) 3; HP 19/19; AC 19/13/16; F+2/R+6/W+3; Init+3; Per+7; Arch.Luck+2,6/6

No kidding...since Calvin is down from that, will the -4 to ranged attacks into melee still apply? I'm assuming not but wanna make sure.


Nope, no penalty.


Male Human Bard (Archaeologist) 3; HP 19/19; AC 19/13/16; F+2/R+6/W+3; Init+3; Per+7; Arch.Luck+2,6/6

EDIT: Gonna revise my action for this round, since no one else has posted yet and I'm still within the edit window; instead of attacking, which was my original action, I want to move away from the chokers cast Sleep defensively, in case they come after me. I think that would be a better use of my action; hope you don't mind the revision.

Cast Defensively (DC 17)+Lvl+CHA: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 + 2 = 21


Gillman Oracle 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 19 : TAC 12 : FAC 17 : CMD 11 | Fort +3 : Ref +3 : Will +4 | Perc. +8 : S.M. +5 | Init +2 | Move 20' : Swim 20'
resources:
Healer's Way: 5/5, Spells: 1st 6/6 | Bolts 10 | Spirit of Wine 2 | wand of flaming sphere 8

Remember, sleep has a 1 round casting time. Not great to cast when you are in danger of being in melee.


Male Human Bard (Archaeologist) 3; HP 19/19; AC 19/13/16; F+2/R+6/W+3; Init+3; Per+7; Arch.Luck+2,6/6

I know, but with Calvin taken out of the fight already, I'm not confident that we'll be able to take down two chokers with just the three of us. They could split their attack and bring two of us down really easily, and then that's all she wrote. Chokers are small creatures and so have a bit higher of an AC; we know they have enough HP that none of us, without Calvin, could take one out in a single hit. To my notion, our best shot is to try and put at least one of them to sleep so we don't have to deal with two separate targets. I know it has a chance of failing utterly, but this seems to me like one of those risk vs. reward situations where the risk needs to be taken.

Since I'm not already in melee, do I need to cast defensively? I haven't had to in forever. If you're not already in melee, can you choose to use the fight defensively action and cast a spell with it instead of attacking?


Gillman Oracle 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 19 : TAC 12 : FAC 17 : CMD 11 | Fort +3 : Ref +3 : Will +4 | Perc. +8 : S.M. +5 | Init +2 | Move 20' : Swim 20'
resources:
Healer's Way: 5/5, Spells: 1st 6/6 | Bolts 10 | Spirit of Wine 2 | wand of flaming sphere 8

"I'll try to slow them down!" shouts Weyve.

Weyve's eyes turn black and his skin darkens to blue as he hurls a bolt of darkness at one of the chokers.

Casting shadow trap on the choker that is further south.


Male Human Gunslinger (bolt ace) 3 | 20/20 HP | AC 20 T 14 FF 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7 | Grit 2/2½ | Set Mind 1/1

"Did I not just say we should get Gideon a gorget...?"

As Tobar talks he reloads, and immediately moves to try to find a firing solution at one of the chokers that choked out Calvin.

5' step and fire.

Crossbow attack, point-blank: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 1 = 24
Crossbow damage, point-blank: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


You don't have to cast defensively if you're not in melee. But you do have to make a concentration check if you are damaged while casting the spell.

Tobar steps up and fires a shot at the choker he can see, driving his bolt into its tentacle. It shrieks angrily.

Gideon retreats and begins casting a sleep spell.

Weyve tries to trap the wounded choker with its own shadow, but it resists the spell.

Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

As Calvin bleeds, the chokers, rush forward to get to Tobar. Each one lashes out with a tentacle--one hit, grabbing the crossbowman by the throat!

Tentacle: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 221d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Tentacle: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Grab: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 171d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

10 damage to Tobar, and he is being grappled. Calvin can roll to stabilize.

At the start of Gideon's turn next round:

Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Gideon finishes his sleep spell, but the choker resists its effects!


Male Human Gunslinger (bolt ace) 3 | 20/20 HP | AC 20 T 14 FF 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7 | Grit 2/2½ | Set Mind 1/1

Tobar drops his crossbow and lashes out again with his spiked gauntlet at the choker that's, well, choking him.

Spiked gauntlet, grappled: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 3 - 2 = 17
Spiked gauntlet damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Male Human Bard (Archaeologist) 3; HP 19/19; AC 19/13/16; F+2/R+6/W+3; Init+3; Per+7; Arch.Luck+2,6/6

Well spit. New plan then... Tobar, how about I come help you with that choker while Weyve, you go try to wake Calvin up. I think we are gonna need him shortly. Also, don't both chokers have to make the save?


The chokers have 3 HD each. Sleep only affects up to 4 HD of creatures.


Male Gillman Fighter (Steelbound) 3 Init +6; Senses Perception +1; hp 21/31; AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18; Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1 (+1 vs. fear); +2 vs. non-aboleth enchantments and -2 vs. aboleth enchantments

Uhh... question. I don't think that grab does damage on the turn you succeed at grappling a target? I've been staring at the encounters we've had with them and that would be a stupidly op alpha strike for monsters. Why wouldn't every enemy be grapple builds?

Stabilize: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 3 - 4 = 1


Male Human Bard (Archaeologist) 3; HP 19/19; AC 19/13/16; F+2/R+6/W+3; Init+3; Per+7; Arch.Luck+2,6/6

Unfortunately, the constrict ability does specify that it deals damage on the first turn the grapple is established.

"Weyve, try to get Cal up!" Gideon says desperately, moving forward to attack the choker with its tentacle around Tobar's throat, thinking to himself that it would royally suck to have survived that big grindylow only to get strangled by a couple of lucky hits from these stupid things.

Heck... if i knew they were 3hd i wouldn't have e even tried the stupid sleep spell...move to back up Tobar, drop the bow, grab the machete.

Machete+AL: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 2 = 19
[Dice=Damage+AL1d6+1+2[/dice]


As Gideon said, chokers have the constrict special attack, which lets them automatically deal damage on a successful grapple check. According to the FAQ, this includes the first check to establish the grapple (such as when using the grab universal monster rule). It's a pretty brutal ability.

Gideon, it looks like you forgot a bracket for your damage die. I will roll it for you here.

Damage+AL: 1d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 2 = 6


Gillman Oracle 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 19 : TAC 12 : FAC 17 : CMD 11 | Fort +3 : Ref +3 : Will +4 | Perc. +8 : S.M. +5 | Init +2 | Move 20' : Swim 20'
resources:
Healer's Way: 5/5, Spells: 1st 6/6 | Bolts 10 | Spirit of Wine 2 | wand of flaming sphere 8

Now I'm wishing I had learned liberating command.

"I can't get to Calvin! The choker's in the way!"

Weyve presses his hand on Tobar's back, and blue light seems to shine from his fingertips.

Casting cure light wounds on Tobar.

cure light wounds: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Tobar punches the choker grabbing with him his spiked gauntlet, leaving some bloody wounds behind. Gideon moves in and chops at it with his machete as well. The monster is badly hurt but still standing.

Weyve moves in to heal Tobar as Calvin continues to bleed out. If the others can finish off the wounded choker, the oracle can reach his fellow gillman.

The angry monsters continue to throttle Tobar, though, refusing to let go!

Grapple, Maintain Hold: 1d20 + 8 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 5 = 231d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Grapple, Maintain Hold: 1d20 + 8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 5 = 191d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

8 total damage to Tobar.


Male Human Gunslinger (bolt ace) 3 | 20/20 HP | AC 20 T 14 FF 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7 | Grit 2/2½ | Set Mind 1/1

Tobar chokes and struggles and punches again before passing out!

Spiked gauntlet, grappled: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 3 - 2 = 14
Not sure if that hits while the enemy's grappling. Probably not. Will roll damage just in case.
Spiked gauntlet damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Male Human Bard (Archaeologist) 3; HP 19/19; AC 19/13/16; F+2/R+6/W+3; Init+3; Per+7; Arch.Luck+2,6/6

Gideon continues hacking away at the injured choker!

Machete Attack+AL: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 3 + 2 = 23
Machete Damage+AL: 1d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 2 = 4

Well...let's pray that a minimum damage roll was enough to finish off that injured choker.


Tobar and Gideon stab and slash the wounded choker, and it releases the bolt ace's neck as it falls to the ground!

Just enough! Weyve can get to Calvin now and heal him if he wishes.


Male Human Bard (Archaeologist) 3; HP 19/19; AC 19/13/16; F+2/R+6/W+3; Init+3; Per+7; Arch.Luck+2,6/6

Yay! One more to go! I hope you continue that string of 1 rolls when it comes after me next round, Brainiac.


Male Human Bard (Archaeologist) 3; HP 19/19; AC 19/13/16; F+2/R+6/W+3; Init+3; Per+7; Arch.Luck+2,6/6

What is Cal at right now? -6?


Male Gillman Fighter (Steelbound) 3 Init +6; Senses Perception +1; hp 21/31; AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18; Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1 (+1 vs. fear); +2 vs. non-aboleth enchantments and -2 vs. aboleth enchantments

Stabilize: 1d20 + 3 - 5 ⇒ (1) + 3 - 5 = -1


Gillman Oracle 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 19 : TAC 12 : FAC 17 : CMD 11 | Fort +3 : Ref +3 : Will +4 | Perc. +8 : S.M. +5 | Init +2 | Move 20' : Swim 20'
resources:
Healer's Way: 5/5, Spells: 1st 6/6 | Bolts 10 | Spirit of Wine 2 | wand of flaming sphere 8

Weyve concentrates and mutters a few words, and blue light glows from his fingertips. He steps forwards, and reaches down and touches Calvin.

cure light wounds: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

"Calvin! Wake up!"

Since CLW is a touch spell, I can cast it and then move and deliver the spell as a touch for free. I will do it that way so as to avoid the attack of opportunity from the choker.


I believe Calvin is conscious and disabled at 0 HP. He can take a move action this round without falling unconscious again.


Male Gillman Fighter (Steelbound) 3 Init +6; Senses Perception +1; hp 21/31; AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18; Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1 (+1 vs. fear); +2 vs. non-aboleth enchantments and -2 vs. aboleth enchantments

Calvin's going to remain still until he's certain he's not going to get snagged immediately.


As Weyve heals Calvin, the choker remains focused on strangling Tobar.

Grapple: 1d20 + 8 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 5 = 281d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

6 damage to Tobar.


Gillman Oracle 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 19 : TAC 12 : FAC 17 : CMD 11 | Fort +3 : Ref +3 : Will +4 | Perc. +8 : S.M. +5 | Init +2 | Move 20' : Swim 20'
resources:
Healer's Way: 5/5, Spells: 1st 6/6 | Bolts 10 | Spirit of Wine 2 | wand of flaming sphere 8

"Oh, Devils of the Deep!" Weyve curses.

He steps back out of reach of the choker, and pulls out a wand.

"Here goes nothing," he mutters to himself, as he concentrates on the wand.

Use Magic Device DC 20: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

A ball of fire bursts into existence right where the choker is standing!

5' step back, move action to take out the wand, and then standard to use. Using the wand of flaming sphere.

flaming sphere damage (DC 13 reflex negates): 3d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 1) = 6

Edit Actually it looks like I can't take a 5' step because Gideon is in the way. So if it is allowed I will move 10' back (provoking an AoO) and draw the wand while moving. If that is not allowed I will stayi in the same place, provoke an AoO by drawing the wand, then use the wand.


The choker doesn't threaten while grappling, so you don't have to worry about AoOs.


Male Human Gunslinger (bolt ace) 3 | 20/20 HP | AC 20 T 14 FF 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7 | Grit 2/2½ | Set Mind 1/1

Since it's choking me I'm not sure it has any AoO available!

Tobar continues to choke and lashes out again with his spiked gauntlet.

Spiked gauntlet attack, grappled: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 3 - 2 = 15
Spiked gauntlet damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Male Human Bard (Archaeologist) 3; HP 19/19; AC 19/13/16; F+2/R+6/W+3; Init+3; Per+7; Arch.Luck+2,6/6

Rather than press the attack, Gideon steps over to Cal, casting a second healing spell on him.

1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Gillman Oracle 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 19 : TAC 12 : FAC 17 : CMD 11 | Fort +3 : Ref +3 : Will +4 | Perc. +8 : S.M. +5 | Init +2 | Move 20' : Swim 20'
resources:
Healer's Way: 5/5, Spells: 1st 6/6 | Bolts 10 | Spirit of Wine 2 | wand of flaming sphere 8
DM Brainiac wrote:
The choker doesn't threaten while grappling, so you don't have to worry about AoOs.

I wondered about that, actually. All right then, action is as stated; position on the map is correct. That also means Cal can stand up without provoking, which is nice.


Male Gillman Fighter (Steelbound) 3 Init +6; Senses Perception +1; hp 21/31; AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18; Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1 (+1 vs. fear); +2 vs. non-aboleth enchantments and -2 vs. aboleth enchantments

Calvin climbs to his feet and makes a deliberate thrust to end the choker trying to take out Tobar.

stabbity stab: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 7 - 1 = 16 Are they still denied their dex while grappling? I *should* hit.
damage?: 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 = 9


Tobar continues to struggle and choke, punching the choker holding him with his spiked gauntlet. Gideon casts a spell to get Calvin back on his feet.

Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Weyve activates his wand, and a ball of flame engulfs the choker! It shrieks in pain, writhing to try to get away from the ball of fire.

Calvin takes the opportunity to stand up and thrust his sword into the burning choker's back. It releases Tobar as it falls, skin crackling and burning from the heat of the flaming sphere.

Grappling creatures still get their Dex bonus but take a -2 to AC, so you hit!


Male Human Bard (Archaeologist) 3; HP 19/19; AC 19/13/16; F+2/R+6/W+3; Init+3; Per+7; Arch.Luck+2,6/6

Yeah, that should hit. Both the grappler and the graplee gain the grappled condition, which means he can't move and is -4 DEX, which is automatically at least -2 AC.


Male Gillman Fighter (Steelbound) 3 Init +6; Senses Perception +1; hp 21/31; AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 18; Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1 (+1 vs. fear); +2 vs. non-aboleth enchantments and -2 vs. aboleth enchantments

Comeback victory for the win!

Calvin coughs. "Now that I think about it. I'd like one of those collars NOW." he mutters.


Male Human Bard (Archaeologist) 3; HP 19/19; AC 19/13/16; F+2/R+6/W+3; Init+3; Per+7; Arch.Luck+2,6/6

Assuming the fight is over and the choker is dead...

Gideon nods, looking around at the others. "I change my vote. I dunno about you guys, but I think these buggers are worse than than that stupid big grindylow. I say we go back topside, cover the well up so nothin' can come up to try and throttle us in our sleep, get something to keep our throats safe from them, and come back down tomorrow."


Male Human Gunslinger (bolt ace) 3 | 20/20 HP | AC 20 T 14 FF 16 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +2 | Initiative +3 | Perception +7 | Grit 2/2½ | Set Mind 1/1

Tobar rubs his throat, coughs, and makes a weak strangled noise of assent.


Gillman Oracle 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 19 : TAC 12 : FAC 17 : CMD 11 | Fort +3 : Ref +3 : Will +4 | Perc. +8 : S.M. +5 | Init +2 | Move 20' : Swim 20'
resources:
Healer's Way: 5/5, Spells: 1st 6/6 | Bolts 10 | Spirit of Wine 2 | wand of flaming sphere 8

Holding the wand, Weyve causes the ball of fire to roll back and forth over the dead creatures for good measure before the ball of flame disappears.

What HP are you guys at? I am out of my CLW spells but still have all 5 of my lay on hands.

"Yeah, some heavy logs could secure the top of the well. Something heavy enough that they can't come out that way. Let's hope they don't have another exit."

"Next time though, let's not just wander into these rooms. The Chokers seem to like to attack by ambush. Anyone have a hand mirror? I have an idea."

Weyve goes on to explain that with a combination of mage hand and light, he can levitate a glowing mirror ahead of the party that would allow the group to see around corners in the underground complex.

Wish I had thought of that earlier, but what can I say?

801 to 850 of 919 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Brainiac's Ruins of Azlant: Gills and Grit Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.