Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

DM Brainiac's Ironfang Invasion: Table 1

Game Master Brainiac

Fight for survival against a monstrous army of hobgoblins and worse, and try to save Nirmathas from falling to the vile force!


101 to 150 of 163 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

Human Flame Spirit Shaman 1 | HP: 9/14 AC:14 T:11 F:13 | Saves F:3 R:3 W:4 | Init:1 | Perc:3/5 | CMB:4 CMD:15 | Speed: 30ft | Character Sheet

"Can anyone create a volume of water to douse the flames?, Wolfram asked urgently. "I'm afraid I didn't prepare that spell today!"

Instead I memorized Guidance. Doh!

He rushed inside the Smithy, yelling, "Anyone in here? Kining? The roof is on fire! Time to leave!"

It's the roof of the Smithy that's on fire, correct?

He looked around for useful gear to grab.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

If I apprenticed here, I should be pretty familiar where everything is.


In the animal pen, Wulfram spots a trough of water and three buckets.

Each bucket can hold 3 gallons of water. It takes 12 gallons to douse one square of the roof.


Human Flame Spirit Shaman 1 | HP: 9/14 AC:14 T:11 F:13 | Saves F:3 R:3 W:4 | Init:1 | Perc:3/5 | CMB:4 CMD:15 | Speed: 30ft | Character Sheet

Wulfram stopped at the water trough and yelled, "There's water and buckets here! He filled a bucket with water and, aiming at the roof, heaved it to try to douse the flames.

If I need to make a ranged attack roll:
Throw water:: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13


Female Init +3; Percept +8 |AC 16, T 14, FF 13 hp 9/9 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +3; +2 vs. fear, +2 trait bonus vs. Disease Hunter 1

"Give me a moment. Eustoma begins Creating Water as quickly as she can. She aims at the areas next to the burning areas in hopes that it will slow down the fire. "Get everyone out of there as fast as you can.

2 Gallons of water per action.


Male Dwarf Geokineticist 1 HP 17/17 (0 nonlethal); AC 15/12/13 (defensive training) (+2 v goblins); Saves +8/+4/+1; +2 init, +5 Per; 0/8 burn

Rogar ignores the flames as he, dropping his gear outside, plunges into the trading company, looking for anything of value.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Typical.


You don't need to make an attack roll, Wulfram.

Aubrin lends her magic to creating water as well, while some of the other villagers move to help Wulfram create a bucket brigade. Even as the flames start to gutter in one location, another patch of roof ignites.

Rogar rushes to the trading company, but the doors and windows seem to have been barricaded from the inside. The dwarf hears people coughing and screaming for help from within.


Male Dwarf Geokineticist 1 HP 17/17 (0 nonlethal); AC 15/12/13 (defensive training) (+2 v goblins); Saves +8/+4/+1; +2 init, +5 Per; 0/8 burn

"It's okay! We're 'ere to 'elp!" Rogar calls out to those inside, simultaneously launching a mass of earth on the the fire.


Human Flame Spirit Shaman 1 | HP: 9/14 AC:14 T:11 F:13 | Saves F:3 R:3 W:4 | Init:1 | Perc:3/5 | CMB:4 CMD:15 | Speed: 30ft | Character Sheet

Assuming that Rogar tells everyone what he hears:

"Here, someone take this bucket," Wulfram instructed. "Where's that axe?" He retrieved the hobgoblin battleaxe and ran to the door of the Trading Company and started to chop through the door.

Wulfram isn't proficient with the battleaxe, but hopefully he can use it to chop a hole in the door.


Male Dwarf Geokineticist 1 HP 17/17 (0 nonlethal); AC 15/12/13 (defensive training) (+2 v goblins); Saves +8/+4/+1; +2 init, +5 Per; 0/8 burn

I was going to give those inside a chance to open the door first before trying to barge it open- they are hiding from hobgoblins, after all.


As Rogar lends his aid by smothering the flames with dirt, Wulfram runs up to the door and starts chopping at it with his axe. He's able to swiftly cut a sizable hole in it, and though furniture is piled up on the other side, it provides an outlet for some of the thick smoke to pour out of the building. The people inside take some ragged gasps of fresh air.

It takes several more gallons of water, magic and mundane, along with scooped earth, but eventually the fire stops spreading long enough for you to douse it completely. The survivors inside are able to push their makeshift barricades out of the way and stumble out into the yard, coughing and brushing ash off of their clothes.

There are three humans, along with the dwarf Kining Bronzebeard. Countless old burns mar the smith's pale skin, and she keeps her iron-gray hair in a short wedge. She glares up at Wulfram.

"It's about time you got here, boy," she grumbles. "We could have used you about fifteen minutes ago when these damned hobs showed up!" That's about as much thanks as you'll get from the cantankerous dwarf.


Male Tiefling Bard (Arcane Duelist) 1 | HP 6/10 | AC 21* TO 13* FF 18 *+2 vs. Goblinoids | F +1 R +5 W +0 | CMD 16 | Resist Cold 5 Elec 5 Fire 5 | Init +4 | Perc +4 DV | BP 5/7

I'm sorry we took so long. - says the Tiefling, approaching with a friendly smile - But I'm happy we still manage to make it on time. We're reuniting a group of people to fight and flee together - trying to save as many people here as possible, and potentially cross the bridge and reorganize at the forest. It'd be great to have you all with us.

Trying to bring them to our group. Taking 10 on Diplomacy for a 17


The grateful villagers are eager to join your group and get to safety. "Any place is better than here right now," says Kining.


Male Dwarf Geokineticist 1 HP 17/17 (0 nonlethal); AC 15/12/13 (defensive training) (+2 v goblins); Saves +8/+4/+1; +2 init, +5 Per; 0/8 burn

"Can ye all gather supplies an' anything of value? We'll need all we can get fer survivin." Rogar asks the assembled group, as he looks around himself, especially for a horse or other mount-worthy animal.
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

#%#^%#. The one time I roll above a 13...


Human Flame Spirit Shaman 1 | HP: 9/14 AC:14 T:11 F:13 | Saves F:3 R:3 W:4 | Init:1 | Perc:3/5 | CMB:4 CMD:15 | Speed: 30ft | Character Sheet

"You're welcome," Wulfram replied to Kining, a hint of gruffness in his voice. "Kining, what do you think of the idea of trying to re-establish the smithy once we find a safer location? We both know that a community without a forge is not able to endure without outside assistance, and we may have precious little of that for a while. We may need to beat a few plowshares into swords.

"We don't have much time — the enemy will be back here very soon. What would you suggest we take with us?" He knew that, given her contrary nature, she might be more inclined to cooperate if he asked her advice.


"So you're going to take all of my stuff? Your looting's as bad as the hobs!" Kining grumbles as Rogar leads the villagers into the trading company. She doesn't stop them though as they search around. The interior of the shop is drab and dominated by sacks of seed, bolts of cloth, barrels of nails, and staples like flour and salt. Thanks to the Nirmathi free-spirited nature, Kining maintains a small stock of supplies for would-be adventurers and mercenaries, including numerous weapons.

There is a longsword, two battleaxes, an alchemical silver rapier, a masterwork light steel shield, a masterwork backpack, a climber’s kit, and eight waterskins, along with 12 Provision Points.

Rogar is able to discover a loose floorboard behind the counter. Inside is a finely crafted buckler decorated with the symbol of a stone arch with a fire underneath. The kineticist recognizes it as the holy symbol of Droskar, the evil dwarven god of toil, slavery, and cheating.

In response to Wulfram, Kining huffs and crosses her arms. "I suppose that means I'm not going to get paid for a while, eh? Fine, whatever. Let's see if those gobbos left anything in the smithy."

The smithy is lit by a flickering everburning torch. It looks like most of the weapons and armor that were being forged here are missing. A single hobgoblin lies still in the middle of the floor, sporting numerous wounds.

There's a grumble like stones grinding together, and a creature steps out of the wall of the smithy. The hulking, roughly humanoid creature of dirt and stone stands four feet tall, faceless save for two glowing gemstone eyes. It trundles towards Wulfram!

Initiative:
Aramant: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Rogar: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Wulfram: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Eustoma: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Sia: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Aubrin: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Earth Elemental: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19

Aramant goes before the elemental.


Human Flame Spirit Shaman 1 | HP: 9/14 AC:14 T:11 F:13 | Saves F:3 R:3 W:4 | Init:1 | Perc:3/5 | CMB:4 CMD:15 | Speed: 30ft | Character Sheet

"The hobgoblins will get everything we don't take with us," Wulfram replied to Kining. She knew this, of course. She just likes to complain, he thought to himself.


Male Dwarf Geokineticist 1 HP 17/17 (0 nonlethal); AC 15/12/13 (defensive training) (+2 v goblins); Saves +8/+4/+1; +2 init, +5 Per; 0/8 burn

"Ah, we're not takin yer stuff- ye are! We're jus' helping ye carry it." Rogar does his best to stow the buckler he found in his backpack stealthily.
There's plenty of time ta settle that later on. he thinks, narrowing his eyes at the dwarven smith.

Untrained Sleight of Hand: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14+3 if it would instead be a stealth check
I guess the 15 wasn't wasted. It's nice to be 'contributing.' ;)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The DC to find the buckler was 20, so you hit it right on the nose. ;)


Female Init +3; Percept +8 |AC 16, T 14, FF 13 hp 9/9 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +3; +2 vs. fear, +2 trait bonus vs. Disease Hunter 1

Eustoma sighs. Still no bow for my size. I guess that's to be expected everyone is bigger than a hobbit except a gnome. She gathers up what she can and divides it between the survivors. "Ma,am we'll make sure you get paid, but right now we need to move."


Kining shouts in surprise when the elemental emerges. Alerted by her cry, Aramant rushes in to attack. His sword glances off the creature's rocky hide.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

As Aubrin gives Rogar another blessing, the elemental swings its fist in a powerful blow. Aramant manages to dodge the clumsy swing.

Attack, Power Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Rogar has a +1 sacred bonus on attacks, skill checks, ability checks, and saving throws for 1 round.


Male Tiefling Bard (Arcane Duelist) 1 | HP 6/10 | AC 21* TO 13* FF 18 *+2 vs. Goblinoids | F +1 R +5 W +0 | CMD 16 | Resist Cold 5 Elec 5 Fire 5 | Init +4 | Perc +4 DV | BP 5/7

I'm sorry! I didn't notice it was my action. I'm on PST, so it's still on the morning for me here (when I usually post heh). The action is fine, though, thanks GM.


Male Dwarf Geokineticist 1 HP 17/17 (0 nonlethal); AC 15/12/13 (defensive training) (+2 v goblins); Saves +8/+4/+1; +2 init, +5 Per; 0/8 burn

Just watch, I'll roll a 1....

Rogar looks around, the familiarity of the smithy momentarily distracting him, but as the elemental moves to attack, a mass of coal swirls through the air and slams into the elemental as a massive torrent of earth.

Move action gather power, standard Pushing Infusion
Kinetic Blast Pushing Infusion: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 1 = 241d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Crit Confirm!!!!: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 1 = 151d6 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Bull rush (max 5 feet): 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 1 = 18
Hey hey! That's more like it! My first hit of the game!


Human Flame Spirit Shaman 1 | HP: 9/14 AC:14 T:11 F:13 | Saves F:3 R:3 W:4 | Init:1 | Perc:3/5 | CMB:4 CMD:15 | Speed: 30ft | Character Sheet

Wulfram moved to try to get around the rock creatures flank before attacking. "What's this thing doing in the Smithy?"

Longspear: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 no flank bonus added
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


No worries, Aramant. You can post your actions for this next round now if you'd like.


Male Tiefling Bard (Arcane Duelist) 1 | HP 6/10 | AC 21* TO 13* FF 18 *+2 vs. Goblinoids | F +1 R +5 W +0 | CMD 16 | Resist Cold 5 Elec 5 Fire 5 | Init +4 | Perc +4 DV | BP 5/7

If the enemy is still up, despite the shocking powerful attack of his companion Rogar, Aramant attacks it.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 = 9 AS

Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Extra Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5 AS

What a wasted crit! I bet our kineticist already kicked this little guy's bottoms :)


Male Dwarf Geokineticist 1 HP 17/17 (0 nonlethal); AC 15/12/13 (defensive training) (+2 v goblins); Saves +8/+4/+1; +2 init, +5 Per; 0/8 burn

I guess that's the answer, then. Just put me up against creatures made of the very substance I control. ;)
Still, (with my luck) I doubt I confirmed, but I'm pretty sure that 17 damage would return it to the ground regardless.


Female Init +3; Percept +8 |AC 16, T 14, FF 13 hp 9/9 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +3; +2 vs. fear, +2 trait bonus vs. Disease Hunter 1

Eustoma goes sliding into the smithy. "A rock person? Never seen one of those before. Sia hold." She fires her sling bow at it.

Sling Bow, PBS, Into Melee: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 5 - 4 = 10
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Wolf N Medium animal Init +6; Senses low-light vision, scent; Perception +5 AC 14, T 12, FF 12 | hp -3/13 | Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1

Sia stands outside the doorway snarling, and snapping. She doesn't move forward to attack.


Unfortunately, elementals are immune to crits. Fortunately, you still hit it pretty hard.

Eustoma's sling bullet bounces off the elemental's body, doing no harm.

It's a different story for Rogar, though. He hurls a massive torrent of coal at the creature, battering it and chipping chunks off its body. The force of the blast pushes the creature back a few feet, separating it from Aramant.

Wulfram circles around and tries to stab it, but doesn't hurt it.

Aramant steps up to deliver the finishing blow, shattering the elemental into a thousand fragments.

With the creature defeated, you hear movement from the nearby hayloft. Two half=elves leap down--you recognize them as the hunter Lirosa and her brother Taidel. "Thanks for dealing with that thing," Lirosa says. "We were hiding in here to ambush the hobgoblins who came to loot this place, but then the rock monster showed up. The hobs attacked it, and it attacked and killed one of them before the others fled. We didn't know how to deal with it, so we were going to wait until it left."

Taidel nods. "You can take care of the townsfolk now."

Lirosa adds, "We've got hobgoblins to hunt."


Human Flame Spirit Shaman 1 | HP: 9/14 AC:14 T:11 F:13 | Saves F:3 R:3 W:4 | Init:1 | Perc:3/5 | CMB:4 CMD:15 | Speed: 30ft | Character Sheet

"Lirosa, Taidel! I'm glad to find you well!", Wulfram replied. "Come along with us! We're heading to Oreld's to pick up survivors, then to the bridge. I'm sure there'll be hobbos to fight; we've run into a few so far. We've already been to the Shrine; we were in the Taproot when this all started."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

"It's quite the coincidence — the rock creature showing up and the same time as the hobgoblins. I wonder where it came from?", he mused out loud.

He looked around, thinking about which tools to take. "Kining, what equipment do you think we should bring with us from the Smithy?"

Is there a cart we could use to transport things?


Male Dwarf Geokineticist 1 HP 17/17 (0 nonlethal); AC 15/12/13 (defensive training) (+2 v goblins); Saves +8/+4/+1; +2 init, +5 Per; 0/8 burn

Ah, right. Darn. I forgot. Still, I actually hit for once!

"Ah, it's nary a problem. Gather up all ye can find, an then le's move on."

Rogar looks around the shop for anything that might have been overlooked by previous looters. He also makes sure to snag the Everburning Torch as they leave.
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Hey! It looks like my bad luck might have broken!


Taidel shakes his head. "We work better alone. We can harry these hobs and slow them down to give your group a better chance to escape."

Kining mutters a curse in Dwarven as she looks around the looted smithy. "Bastards already made off with all of the good stuff. Just grab the torch and the tools and let's go." She moves over to her workbench and grabs a ring of keys. Several notes regarding the Phaendar Bridge are scribbled in chalk on a large piece of slate leaning against the wall.

"I suppose you're planning on trashing the bridge to keep them from chasing us? I still wasn't done repairing it. Get me to the construction shed and we can use the crane to knock down the support structure and send the whole thing tumbling into the river."

No cart, unfortunately.

Outside, Aubrin looks at the dead animals in the pen. "It's grisly, but if you think we can spare a few minutes, we can butcher these animals for extra meat."


Human Flame Spirit Shaman 1 | HP: 9/14 AC:14 T:11 F:13 | Saves F:3 R:3 W:4 | Init:1 | Perc:3/5 | CMB:4 CMD:15 | Speed: 30ft | Character Sheet

"We're going to need the meat — we have a lot of mouths to feed," Wulfram replied to Aubrin, looking around at the refugees. "OK, who wants to help Aubrin with these carcasses?" After organizing the butchering, he headed back inside to gather tools.

Would I know where the construction shed is?


Several people volunteer and begin harvesting the meat from the dead horse and goats. It takes about five minutes, giving you time to gather up everything of use in the forge and take a quick breather. It seems most of the fighting has died down, but the occasional shout or cry still splits the relative silence.

Lirosa and Tairdel keep watch over your group, but once the animals have been butchered, they prepare to depart.

You gain 8 Provision Points. The construction shed is right next to the bridge.


Male Tiefling Bard (Arcane Duelist) 1 | HP 6/10 | AC 21* TO 13* FF 18 *+2 vs. Goblinoids | F +1 R +5 W +0 | CMD 16 | Resist Cold 5 Elec 5 Fire 5 | Init +4 | Perc +4 DV | BP 5/7

Taidel, Lirosa... - says the bard, choosing his words - I understand your value and skills while working alone. And believe me, our work here is just starting, and for sure we will have the need of small, specialized, targeted parties if we are to survive this invasion and turn the tides. Come with us, for now - we can all escape together, then plan our next steps.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 G@#!+#n my fricking diplomacy rolls!

The tiefling doesn't insist, and shakes his head hearing the plan to take the bridge down.

To the construction shed, then.


Lirosa shakes her head. "Don't worry, friend. We can take care of ourselves. Gods willing, we will meet up with you in the woods later." The half-elves then slip off into the night.

"We should still check Oreld's shop on the way to the bridge for more survivors and supplies," Aubrin says.


Male Dwarf Geokineticist 1 HP 17/17 (0 nonlethal); AC 15/12/13 (defensive training) (+2 v goblins); Saves +8/+4/+1; +2 init, +5 Per; 0/8 burn

Before the half-elves leave, Rogar tells them, in his gruff dwarf manner, "If ye mus' go, take care at leas'. Meet up wi us, can ye?"
Diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8


Human Flame Spirit Shaman 1 | HP: 9/14 AC:14 T:11 F:13 | Saves F:3 R:3 W:4 | Init:1 | Perc:3/5 | CMB:4 CMD:15 | Speed: 30ft | Character Sheet

"Yes, next stop: Oread's," Wulfram replied to Aubrin.


Oreld's Fine Shop—labeled with a small shingle hanging out front—is one of the few buildings in town made entirely of stone. Mortared white blocks form the walls of this odd-shaped cottage. Scorch marks that shift in color from black to dark blue to glimmering violet mar one wall. The door to the shop stands open and bloody footprints lead inside.

The shop consists primarily of a desk, a few crowded shelves, and a cluttered window display, all of which appear to have been ransacked by invaders. A man's body lies curled up just within the doorway, a javelin protruding from his stomach.

A single hobgoblin in a bandolier rifles through the shelves, but when he sees you, he reaches for a canister strapped to his chest.

Initiative:
Aramant: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Rogar: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Wulfram: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Eustoma: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Sia: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Aubrin: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Hobgoblin: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Looks like everybody but Rogar get to go before the hobgoblin. He's 15 feet away from the shop's entrance.


Human Flame Spirit Shaman 1 | HP: 9/14 AC:14 T:11 F:13 | Saves F:3 R:3 W:4 | Init:1 | Perc:3/5 | CMB:4 CMD:15 | Speed: 30ft | Character Sheet

Wulfram didn't want to wait to see what the canister would do. "Here's something for you!", he shouted, rushing the hobgoblin and thrusting his spear at him.

Longspear, charge: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 2 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


Female Init +3; Percept +8 |AC 16, T 14, FF 13 hp 9/9 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +3; +2 vs. fear, +2 trait bonus vs. Disease Hunter 1

"No you don't." She fires a bullet with her Hafling Sling Staff. "Sia hold."

Hafling Sling: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Hafling Sling Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Dang, that was fast.

Before the hobgoblin can properly react, Sia brains him with a sling bullet. His skull cracks and he howls in pain, grasping the bleeding wound.

Wulfram rushes in to finish him off, driving his spear right through the hobgoblin's chest. It explodes out his back and pins him to the shop's wall, his body twitching though he's already dead.

As you look through the shop, Aubrin moves to examine the man's body. She turns it over and sighs when she sees the middle-aged man's dark features and neatly trimmed goatee. "Oreld. Damn. We were too late to save him."

The alchemist's shop is neatly organized, its shelves filled with jars, bottles, and paper envelopes. Much has been destroyed or looted, but you can still find three vials of antiplague, five bottles of bloodblock, a bottle of fire ward gel, and two flasks of defoliant. A well-used marble mortar and pestle (worth 50 gp) sits on the desk.

The hobgoblin has: unknown potions (3), alchemist’s fire (3), antitoxin, healer’s kit, oil (5), smokestick (2), tanglefoot bag (2), thunderstone (2), leather armor, daggers (3), heavy mace, hooded lantern, Provision Points (3), 16 gp.

A door leads further into the building.


Male Tiefling Bard (Arcane Duelist) 1 | HP 6/10 | AC 21* TO 13* FF 18 *+2 vs. Goblinoids | F +1 R +5 W +0 | CMD 16 | Resist Cold 5 Elec 5 Fire 5 | Init +4 | Perc +4 DV | BP 5/7

Aramant smiles - the tiefling barely even moved before his colleagues quickly dispatched the enemy. Laughing, he moves and goes in the shop after Aubrin. As they collect whatever is still useful, he will try to identify the three potions.

Spellcraft?: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Spellcraft?: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Spellcraft?: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

He detects magic across the other items and, then, follows up to keep looking further in the building.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


Aramant identifies one of the potions as one of invisibility, but is unable to identify the other two at the moment. His detect magic spell reveals two faint magic auras coming from a point beyond the door, likely in the next room.

When the tiefling opens the door, though, he triggers a trap! The doorknob is tied to a string, which causes a simple device to spray sizzling acid at the bard!

Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Damage (Acid): 1d6 ⇒ 3

"Careful!" says Aubrin. She gives Aramant her last potion of cure light wounds.

Beyond the shop lie a workroom and part-time clinic, and a comfortable bedroom. A rug has been hastily kicked over a cellar door, only partially concealing it.

A cabinet holds various alchemical components, and Oreld's workstation is a portable alchemy lab. Aramant's spell of detection leads him to a hidden compartment in the worktable containing two carefully folded parchment envelopes tied with twine. Each holds a dose of different colored magical dust.

Aramant takes 3 acid damage.


Male Dwarf Geokineticist 1 HP 17/17 (0 nonlethal); AC 15/12/13 (defensive training) (+2 v goblins); Saves +8/+4/+1; +2 init, +5 Per; 0/8 burn

Rogar looks around the shop, trying to find anything the others might have missed.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

....Aaaaannnd I'm back to the bad rolls. Well, it was nice while it lasted, I guess.


Rogar finds some notes on a work table describing Oreld's experiments with a "stump remover," a potent explosive mixed from alchemically refined lamp oil and animal dung. Enough ingredients can be found in the workroom to assemble one charge of the explosive.

The notes themselves provide a +5 bonus on Craft (alchemy) checks to assemble and use the explosive, and allow such checks to be attempted untrained.

While you are searching, the cellar door opens and a pair of scared-looking women emerge. One is Oreld's apprentice, a half-orc hedge witch named Karrga. "You didn't sound like hobgoblins. I'm glad that I wasn't mistaken," she says. "Please, don't leave without us!"

The cellar has vegetables and a variety of forest herbs worth 4 Provision Points.


Human Flame Spirit Shaman 1 | HP: 9/14 AC:14 T:11 F:13 | Saves F:3 R:3 W:4 | Init:1 | Perc:3/5 | CMB:4 CMD:15 | Speed: 30ft | Character Sheet

"Don't worry, we're not leaving you behind, Karrga," Wulfram told her. "We're heading for the forest. We need to move quickly, but we'll have need for whatever food and herbs you can bring." Wulfram also looked around for useful items to bring with him.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


You search the shop, but aren't able to find anything else of use. The time has come to make for the bridge. Everybody huddles close as you slip around the east side of Phaendar.

As you pass by a building, you spy a patrol of six hobgoblins heading in your direction. Before they get too close, however, one of the soldiers cries out and falls, a pair of arrows protruding from his back. You catch a glimpse of Lirosa and Taidal retreating around a building, and the other hobgoblins shout and give chase. Your path ahead is clear.

Colorful gobs of lichen and moss dapple the ancient, basalt bridge here at the Marideth's narrowest crossing. The ravine below drops twenty feet into raging whitewater and jagged, exposed boulders. To the northwest stands a ramshackle shed and a weathered but sturdy-looking wooden crane. Twenty-some bloody and motionless bodies litter the ground, and above them flap banners painted with an ominous, fanged red shield. To the north, three hundred feet past the bridge, a wall of trees and ferns marks the edge of the Fangwood.

A lone female hobgoblin in a fine breastplate stands guard on the bridge, holding the harness of a large, mean-looking wolf. They haven't noticed you yet. There are several stunted oak and elm trees that can provide cover if you want to attempt a stealthy approach.

You are about 100 feet away from the bridge at the moment.


Male Dwarf Geokineticist 1 HP 17/17 (0 nonlethal); AC 15/12/13 (defensive training) (+2 v goblins); Saves +8/+4/+1; +2 init, +5 Per; 0/8 burn

Rogar attempts to approach unnoticed, hindered only slightly by his armor.
Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


Female Init +3; Percept +8 |AC 16, T 14, FF 13 hp 9/9 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +3; +2 vs. fear, +2 trait bonus vs. Disease Hunter 1

In the Alchemist Shop

Eustoma takes a moment to look at the vials Aramant was unable to identify. She also takes a look at the dust.

Spellcraft Vial: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Spellcraft Vial: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Spellcraft Dust: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Spellcraft Dust: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

At the Edge of the Bridge
Eustoma creeps up behind the closest stump, and prepares to fling a bolt a the Hobgoblin.

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

101 to 150 of 163 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Brainiac's Ironfang Invasion: Table 1 Gameplay! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.