Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Bloodgargler's Serpent's Skull

Game Master BinkyBo


401 to 450 of 3,962 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Dwarf Gunslinger 4(Pistolero)

Gatherine finished rebraiding her hair and styling it into its uniquely pinecone fashion,looping the longest braids around her neck and tucked under her chin.She used her gunsmiths kit to clean her gun,carefully reloading the ammunition it already held to use later on.

She shook the grit and sand out of her clothing before redressing,using the raft and bundle of canvas as a privacy screen.She fitted her lamellar leather armor back onto her plump frame,slipped her buckler onto her arm, and shuffled her way over to the others.

The dwarf maid gave a jaw-cracking yawn and asked,Oi,now what?


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

Iolana ties her hair behind her head in a long tail,while looking the orizon,then the inland of the isle.

Roll to take Iolana's bearing:
Profession (sailor) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

"Just a second Gatherine,i'm trying to point our position and to decide which is the best direction"


Oracle lvl 4 [ HP 26/34 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | CMD 17 | F +3 R +3 W +3 | Init +2 Per -2]

Mugambi gather his wits and his gear getting ready for the day. Seeing Iolanda looking at the sea and the sky he handles her the broken cestante.

Here ma, its broken but maybe it will help


Iolana:

Your training and instincts suggest to you that your location is the inlet marked further northwest on Alton's map of the island. link

Mugambi hands a damaged sextant to Iolana. roll d20 to attempt to repair .. anyone with any slightly related craft training may attempt aid

edit: added link in shpoiler


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

roll to fix sextant:
1d20 ⇒ 18

"Thanks Mugambi! <examining the sextant>mmmmmm it is indeed broken,but i think i can fix it,give me some other minutes"


Sextant: A sextant is used to determine your latitude. A sextant grants a +4 circumstance bonus on Survival checks made to navigate while above ground. weight 2pounds


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

link
We are at the westernmost question mark


Oracle lvl 4 [ HP 26/34 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | CMD 17 | F +3 R +3 W +3 | Init +2 Per -2]

So, if we here points at the most west question mark, what is in da other question mark?


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

Bloodgargler DM:
If i understood correctly,the marks are our intended route and the one the captain changed.So the other mark is where we should have landed?


Iolana:

Nope. You weren't supposed to land on this island at all .. most likely explanation given so far is that Alton was trying to figure out where you were. .. the other open sea charts showed a difference in intended and actual routes


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

"Sorry Mugambi,i have no idea,we weren't supposed to land on this island at all.Alton was trying to figure where captain Kovack were going to disappear,so i'ld say the other mark is our only lead so far"


Oracle lvl 4 [ HP 26/34 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | CMD 17 | F +3 R +3 W +3 | Init +2 Per -2]

Unless somebody have a batter ideia, thats where we going, righ?


Dwarf Beast Rider Honor Guard (Cavalier) 3; AC 18/11/17; CMD 17; Saves +5/+2/+1 (+2 vs. pois., sp, sla); hp 28/31

Tol peers at the map. "Those questions look like they're marking two similarly shaped inlets. Maybe Alton was just guessing where we were? There's no harm in looking at the other one, since it's on the way to most anywhere else on the island. I do think we ought to make a point of finding some fresh water though. I got no desire to drink brine."


"Well I am not wandering through that diseased nastiness. I'm staying here until we are rescued. 80 gold to anyone who can build me suitable shelter .. and yes fresh water! In the meantime .. I am going back to sleep before it gets to be 1000 degrees again!" He retreats into the shadiest spot under the makeshift shelter, and curls up .. hat resting on top.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dwarf Beast Rider Honor Guard (Cavalier) 3; AC 18/11/17; CMD 17; Saves +5/+2/+1 (+2 vs. pois., sp, sla); hp 28/31

Tol sits on the ground near Gorra, appearing quite absorbed in sharpening his axe. He speaks calmly, and quietly, but deliberately. "Ah... Respectfully speaking, Mr. Gelik, but you commissioned us to keep you alive for one day after we get to Eleder, and I'm a dwarf that keeps to my word. If that means tying you up and throwing you over my saddlebags, so be it. I don't fancy hauling water across the bush to bring it to you, all while wondering if you've been eaten up by cannibals and ghouls. I reckon we best stick together for now." He looks up from his work to raise an eyebrow toward the more wilderness-savvy members of the group for confirmation.


Jask rummages through a crate and pulls out a mug. He holds one hand over his amulet and chants briefly .. He hands it to Gelik "How much for a cold mug of water?" Jask grins wide as Gelik suspiciously inspects the water then drinks it greedily.


The other castaways don't seem to like the idea of going anywhere. Aerys and Ishirou both want to make a camp with fairly secure shelter. Gelik and Sasha appear to agree. Although Sasha does say she would like to go explore after she has a decent night sleep. Jask is torn between the two groups.


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

"May i remember mr.Gelik that no one knows we shipwrecked on Smuggler's Shiv? It is unlikely help will ever come,if not in the guise of pirates.I say looking the other mark is our best option.And maybe we'll find a natural pond of fresh water,a lot of us need to bath."


Female Dwarf Gunslinger 4(Pistolero)

Gatherine held out a hand to the conflicted Jask and smiled reassuringly at the dusky skinned human.I'd appreciate it if you'd come alongside us--never know who could turn the tide of a situation from bad to better.Of course,it's your choice.We'd love to have your help either way.

To Gelik,she cocked a hip and snapped,Don't think for a minute that you'll be sitting cozy here while we're out trying to find a way off this lump of sand.Besides,who's gonna protect you if we're off in the jungle?Sasha?And,who exactly killed those bugs that were going to eat us alive? WE did.And who killed the giant one that killed Alton?WE did

The dwarf maid offered her nastiest sneer.Now get that arse moving.


"That's it .. I'll not be ordered around like that anymore! ... I'll find my own way .. " Sasha scoops up her gear, and stomps out off to the west.


Jask turns to Tol .. "Don't worry .. she'll be back. I think it might be good for me to work on a secure camp .. we don't know how long we gonna be here. I think Aerys and I can protect ourselves .. and don't underestimate the gnome. That pouch on his belt is no coinpurse .. some sort of arcanist I gather."
"Trust me on this .. I will take care of things here - you go find that captain. Just don't go so far you can't get back here by nightfall, eh?
"


Oracle lvl 4 [ HP 26/34 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | CMD 17 | F +3 R +3 W +3 | Init +2 Per -2]

O.k. Lets secure this camp then we go explore.

What can we do to secure his camp?


Oracle lvl 4 [ HP 26/34 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | CMD 17 | F +3 R +3 W +3 | Init +2 Per -2]
Mugambi wrote:


What can we do to secure his camp?

...THIS camp.


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

Maybe moving it closer to the wreck,so that there is only one way to reach it? And using planks from the ship to surround it with a fence?

"If Jask is sure Sasha'll be back she should be enough to stand guard here.She said she wasn't going to explore anyway.As for me i won't stay idle waiting to be taken by slavers or pirates.Which kind of ships do you think are more common in waters like these?"


Female Dwarf Gunslinger 4(Pistolero)

Wouldn't the wreck attract pirates?


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

"Maybe,or maybe not.But at least in the open the other will have time to see someone approaching.Inside the jungle they won't.And inside the jungle they will surely attract something,as we will."


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

Iolana ponders what to take with her.
After trying the various weights of her gear,she turns to the people who will be traveling with her.
"I'm at full capacity with just one change of clothes,armor,scimitar,bow,backpack and book with reagents for spells.I'ld need to bring either rope,another outfit,lamp and oil and bedroll but they weight too much for me.Can someone help me?"


Female Dwarf Gunslinger 4(Pistolero)

Gatherine hefted her still rather light pack and waved a hand.Oi,I'll carry it for you,Ms.Iolana.


Dwarf Beast Rider Honor Guard (Cavalier) 3; AC 18/11/17; CMD 17; Saves +5/+2/+1 (+2 vs. pois., sp, sla); hp 28/31

Tol shrugs his shoulders. "If you think this lot will be safer here, I won't argue. And that is a nice trick you've got there with the water," he nods to Jask.

"Miss Zerengo, I'd be happy to carry your extra gear in Gorra's saddlebags." He pats the horse's flank affectionately. "There's plenty of room."


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

looks like we are ready to go

"Thanks mr.Cherthand,it'll be better to let your mount carry this stuff,it won't slow down any of us in case of emergency.Thanks Gatherine too,hope you don't take an offense over my choosing Gorra,it is just the most logical solution."


Female Dwarf Gunslinger 4(Pistolero)

Oi,I'm ready to go already!The dwarf maid's voice lilted into a whine.


Oracle lvl 4 [ HP 26/34 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | CMD 17 | F +3 R +3 W +3 | Init +2 Per -2]

Mugambi stands up picking up his backpack.
Ok than, lets start moving.


The very first step you take into the foliage causes a ripple of movement through the tall grasses .. every step sends up a cloud of miniature moth-like bugs .. tiny lizards scatter and the insects chitter in waves of sound. The undergrowth is so thick you rarely can even see your feet through the mass of green.


Oracle lvl 4 [ HP 26/34 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | CMD 17 | F +3 R +3 W +3 | Init +2 Per -2]

$&@#%!!!
I guess...


There is a slight incline as you travel east southeast. Averin leads you around the perimeter of the densest foliage .. but far enough from the cliffs to the left to not need worry about a misstep leading to a tumble.
As the terrain rises the grasses thin out. A certain species of tree seems to dominate the area to your right .. branches sprout into vine-like foliage that hangs like beaded curtains as far as you can see.

perception checks if you please


Female Dwarf Gunslinger 4(Pistolero)

Gatherine peered uneasily through the foilage and insects that road around them like a grainy mist.Perception!1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


Oracle lvl 4 [ HP 26/34 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | CMD 17 | F +3 R +3 W +3 | Init +2 Per -2]

Perception:
1d20 - 2 ⇒ (7) - 2 = 5


Dwarf Beast Rider Honor Guard (Cavalier) 3; AC 18/11/17; CMD 17; Saves +5/+2/+1 (+2 vs. pois., sp, sla); hp 28/31

Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

too much damn foliage


Among the wall of sound you hear a loud bullfrog-like growl .. similar to the warning of a large cat, but different - more reptilian..

Percept 12:

Obscured by foliage on a rocky crag, you see what looks like a large nest of woven vines several feet above your heads. ..off to the left side, about 30 feet further down the path. You see a large beaked and winged lizard thing peer over the edge of the nest..


Dwarf Beast Rider Honor Guard (Cavalier) 3; AC 18/11/17; CMD 17; Saves +5/+2/+1 (+2 vs. pois., sp, sla); hp 28/31

Tol reaches quietly for his sling, while saying in a loud whisper, "There, up ahead on the left, in a nest on the rocks. I don't think it's a bird..."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Dwarf Gunslinger 4(Pistolero)

Gatherine's ear twitched at the odd,guttural growl like that of a bullfrog announcing its presence.Her eyes scanned the foilage around them before her gaze focused on what appeared to be a nest--with a bizarre lizard-bird peering over the edge at them with slitted gold eyes.

Sucking her teeth,she jerked up Sneezy Dragon and aimed at the thing lest it decided to jump down onto them.She struggled not to holler and hissed out in a loud whisper as the creature watched them steadily approach.

Oi,we got a looker!Looks like a confused parrot had a baby with a lizard!


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

Iolana freezes and reaches for her scimitar.
Her left hand placed in front of her mouth,with the index finger crossing the lips.


Two more heads peer around the rocks - their nests better hidden - mimic the sound. The first one props itself up and flaps its wings a few times before letting out a caw. They look like awkward plucked birds with leathery skin, with a goofy looking overbite -two fangs in front like buck teeth.


Oracle lvl 4 [ HP 26/34 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | CMD 17 | F +3 R +3 W +3 | Init +2 Per -2]

Its naver good to fight a beast at its nest. Maybe we could retreat and go around...

Mugambi says while slowly drawing his morningstar and giving a 5 foot step backwards.


It does appear possible to go around staying a good 50 feet from the nests. Averin had been trying to avoid traveling so close to the treeline's curtain of foliage, but a quick detour might be in your best interest.
know: nature 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

And really .. whats the worst that can happen?


Oracle lvl 4 [ HP 26/34 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | CMD 17 | F +3 R +3 W +3 | Init +2 Per -2]

/facepalm


Averin had thought that he had a pretty good grip on nature and the outdoors before he set sail on this little adventure. 24 hours in this exotic country showed him just how much he had yet to learn as he peered up to the nests of these new creatures. This jungle was both exhilarating in it's newness and slightly terrifying as his inexperience seemed to be leading the group. For now the safe route - "better safe than sorry" was a popular phrase for a reason, and until he knew what to expect out here he was happy to give the natural fauna a wide berth.

"I agree, Mugambi. It doesn't seem like it'd be too hard to go around them and since there could be more of those things I think it'd be smart to try. That is, unless anyone has experience with these things and knows a better option."

roll:
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25 I'm sure I missed the earlier perception, but just in case. If it's too late for that roll, can I try for a solid head count? I don't like the idea of too many more popping up on us unexpected.


Female Dwarf Gunslinger 4(Pistolero)

Gatherine tightened her grip on Sneezy Dragon until her knuckles cracked.If one of those plucked frogs tries to gnaw my face off,Averin,thunder will roll.


Averin:

There appear to be three nests.. can't see if there are any eggs or hatchlings inside from this angle, but there is one large bird sitting in each nest.

Skirting around the birds' nests seems to quiet their squawking. After you pass their territory and veer back near the coastline, you see another wrecked ship a quarter mile offshore - wedged and crumpled among three pillar-like rocks.

401 to 450 of 3,962 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Bloodgargler Serpent's Skull Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.