Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Bloodgargler's Serpent's Skull

Game Master BinkyBo


1,601 to 1,650 of 4,184 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>

Female Human (varisian) Magus 5

Knowledge (dungeoneering) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Survival 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Iolana move along the borders of the crates sitting on the planks, and looks down."There is a hole underneath this logs and crates, maybe 3 or 4 feet wide.I think something came out of it."


Female Elf Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4/Fighter 1

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Syndlara very reluctantly hops down from her perch atop the rocky outcropping and follows the group inside the cave. Wordlessly scanning the room, her keen elven eyes adjust quickly to the darkness. "It smells awful in here," she murmurs.


Female Dwarf Gunslinger 5(Pistolero)

Gatherine pulled out her shovel.perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


Syndlara:

The skeletons look like those of goblins, but a little different.
The state of the upper half of their skeletons (clean and intact) might normally suggest they have been around for quite some time, the lizard corpse looks like it has been here months at most.
The ground here is covered with a thin sludge... mud, filth, and grit. There are vague signs of tracks underneath, but nothing recent. Mostly drag marks in the center which could have been from bringing in the boat. You also find pieces of dark amber shattered glass in the sludge near one of the skeletons next to the lizard.

Tol:

You notice that one of the few scorchmarks still visible, is around the speared lizard. Looking around a glint catches your eye, like shattered glass near where Syndlara is searching.

Iolana:

The remains look like they may be that of grindylows. Aberrations of goblins with tentacles for legs.
The ground here is covered with a thin sludge... mud, filth, and grit. There are vague signs of tracks underneath, but nothing recent. Mostly drag marks in the center which could have been from bringing in the boat. You also find pieces of dark amber shattered glass in the sludge near one of the skeletons next to the lizard.
You also see signs of hands of a humanoid having partial dug their way out of the hole.

Gatherine:

You happen to find a rusted metal lid still attached to a ring of broken glass. Tiny holes have been poked through the lid, like a primitive salt shaker.


Female Dwarf Gunslinger 5(Pistolero)

....A salt shaker?


Female Human (varisian) Magus 5

Where is Sherlock Holmes when you need him?

"I found these tracks: The remains look like they may be that of grindylows. Aberrations of goblins with tentacles for legs.
The ground here is covered with a thin sludge... mud, filth, and grit. There are vague signs of tracks underneath, but nothing recent. Mostly drag marks in the center which could have been from bringing in the boat. There are pieces of dark amber shattered glass in the sludge near one of the skeletons next to the lizard.
There are also signs of hands of a humanoid having partial dug their way out of the hole.
"


"Mmm Safe to make camp? You all lookin a buurrip bip bit tattered.." Kekkaw asks... standing just outside the cave he glances over from inspecting the turtle shell boat.


Female Dwarf Gunslinger 5(Pistolero)

May as well. I'm beat. Its hidden---except for the smell. We should,y'know,make sure these bodies don't rise as zombies.

Gatherine started smashing the bones into bits with her shovel,then beheaded the shocker lizard corpse with the shovel's spade.


Female Human (varisian) Magus 5

"I'm weary now that you mention it.Will need to keep watch on the entrance and we'll be ok"

And it is time we get lvl 3 :)


Female Elf Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4/Fighter 1

"Can't hurt to keep an eye on this hole, either..." Syndlara adds, indicating the area near the crates.


Oracle lvl 4 [ HP 26/34 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | CMD 17 | F +3 R +3 W +3 | Init +2 Per -2]

Mugambi carefull takes a peak inside the hole, he tosses a pebble with light on it inside.

Maybe its shallow hole...


Dwarf Beast Rider Honor Guard (Cavalier) 3; AC 18/11/17; CMD 17; Saves +5/+2/+1 (+2 vs. pois., sp, sla); hp 28/31

Tol gives a "Harrumph," and says, "It's still early enough, but we are wounded, so a rest would be welcome. I am concerned about what might come up through the hole... And whatever killed the lizards and these... grindylows, they're called? Are those the creatures you mentioned seeing, Mr. Cuckoo?" He takes a look over by the dead lizard. "Scorchmarks around this one. Maybe the smashed glass is from some sort of potion or alchemical fluid? Do Grindylows use such items, Miss Iolana?"

He wipes a hand across his brow, where the seawater from his swim is drying into a layer of fine salt. "Aye, we might as well stay, but triple up on watches! There's plenty of time for all to rest before the morning."

Recommended schedule
Until nightfall: Kekkaw, Iolana, Mugambi
During the night: Syndlara, Tol, Gatherine

edit: Forgot to call people by mispronounced formal names for a minute, there... It's been too long.


Mugambi+ anyone standing there when he drops the pebble:
The pebble hits the bottom, and illuminates the 10 foot deep hole. There is some filth at the bottom, a bit of a dried excrement stench, but otherwise empty.

"Goblins with tentacles? Sounds like what I saw yes."
After a few moments of silence following Tol's words, Kekkaw asks "Well what's in the crate?"


Dwarf Beast Rider Honor Guard (Cavalier) 3; AC 18/11/17; CMD 17; Saves +5/+2/+1 (+2 vs. pois., sp, sla); hp 28/31

Tol narrows his eyes. "Good question." He walks toward the crate with his axe.


Female Human (varisian) Magus 5

As a player, i never heard about grindylows, but with her high knowledge check from before Iolana should know.Think i'll ask the GM.

So, do Grindilows use potions?


Tol pops the lid off the crate. Inside there are a few amber glass jars with lids similar to the one Gatherine found. Inside they are about one third full of what looks like dessicated beetle husks.
Also in the crate are a few carpentry tools of better than primitive quality, an outfit... maybe a sailor's garb, a cutlass, and pocketed sash of better than fair quality.

Iolana:

You would be familiar with most of the info here
PRD wrote:

About 4 feet long from head to tentacle tip, grindylows appear to be half-goblin and half-octopus, the split occurring at the waist. Grindylows are violent, ravenous creatures that use their spears to hunt or just to poke at things that scream and cry.

While grindylows resemble goblins, they are not humanoid creatures. Nonetheless, these aquatic monsters are just as wicked as the most sadistic of goblins, and take immense pleasure in others' misfortunes and the spread of mayhem. Thanks to this twisted desire, grindylows have a nasty reputation among both other intelligent water-dwelling creatures and most land-dwelling beings.

Grindylows eat whatever they can kill, giving them a rather wide selection of meals. High or low, no one is safe from the brutish assaults; tribes of merfolk have been overwhelmed by bands of grindylows, as have galleons full of experienced sailors.

regarding potions, you have no knowledge of their use of potions being any different than goblins.


Dwarf Beast Rider Honor Guard (Cavalier) 3; AC 18/11/17; CMD 17; Saves +5/+2/+1 (+2 vs. pois., sp, sla); hp 28/31

How many is "a few?"

Tol pulls one of the jars out. "Looks like... Some sort if insect? Anyone know what these are?" He holds it out for the others to look at while examining the rest of the gear. "This gear is in good condition. Perhaps we've found Captain Kovack's crate? If that's the case, ahem, then where are Captain Kovack and Miss Ieana?"


Female Dwarf Gunslinger 5(Pistolero)

Gatherine settled down to rest,covering her nose to Ward off the smell.Me sister mentioned grindylows as being abberations of regular gobbies but ten times worse. Like comparing drowned to elves. I didn't believe her...

She scowled at the hole.I think they might have kept something prisoner there in that hole,but what? I don't think it was the shocker lizard..


Tol - there are 3


Female Human (varisian) Magus 5

"I don't think these Grindylows have any special use for potions aside from that of any other race mr. cherthand.And let me see that cutlass"

Iolana casts Detect magic on the cutlass.


Dwarf Beast Rider Honor Guard (Cavalier) 3; AC 18/11/17; CMD 17; Saves +5/+2/+1 (+2 vs. pois., sp, sla); hp 28/31

"Well, something seems to have dealt with the... garn-do-loo-lies, did you say they were? Why can't anything have normal names around here?" He gestures with exasperation at the whole of the island. "Ahem. As I was saying, something dealt with these gidri... tentacle goblins, but it seems like it was long ago, for the flesh to be gone and the bones to be clean. The dead lizard is more recent, so something must have happened here since the tentacle goblins, and that something might involve the Captain. Maybe he was holding Ieana in the pit?"

I suddenly think I know what the beetles-in-saltshakers are, and I don't think they are a condiment... But I'll hold my tongue for now. Tol still doesn't know.

My guess:
Flesh-eating beetles. Maybe undead flesh-eating beetles. Like the kind used to clean skeletons for museums. Why Captain Kovack brought them here, I can't begin to guess. Well, I can begin, but...


anyone with ranks in survival:

There are no recent tracks, it couldn't have been Captain Kovack or at least not this "visit".

Iolana:

The cutlass emits a faint glow

After finishing with helping clean up, Kekkaw asks "Alright to buurrip build fire? For cooking... better now than when it gets dark?"

it is about 3-4PM at the moment


Female Human (varisian) Magus 5

Is it possible to take 10 in Spellcraft for a score of 18?


Iolana:

sure
+1 cutlass (cutlass stats are identical to scimitar)


Female Human (varisian) Magus 5

This is a +1 cutlass, which is identical to a scimitar.So it'll be veeeeery useful to Iolana or Syndlara,but let's here from the rest of the party


Female Elf Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4/Fighter 1

Its combat stats are identical to a scimitar, but I'm not sure that it is "identical to a scimitar" for other purposes, like Syn's Dervish Dance.


Female Human (varisian) Magus 5

bu-bump


Oracle lvl 4 [ HP 26/34 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | CMD 17 | F +3 R +3 W +3 | Init +2 Per -2]

I dont think dis is da Captain crate chief Tol. Maybe something from that boat at da beach...

Mugambi exams the contents of the crate and cast detect magic on all of them.

Ya, lets set camp. he says to Kekkaw.


Kekkaw spends his time digging through clamshells in the bottom of the turtle boat, and finds a couple flawed pearls. It is overcast and muggy through the evening. You prepare for bed in the dim light of a red sunset through the vines.

It is still dark when Kekkaw stirs those sleeping. "Few minutes til first light..."

Mugambi:

Apart from the cutlass, you do not detect any magic auras


Female Human (varisian) Magus 5

Bubump


Oracle lvl 4 [ HP 26/34 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | CMD 17 | F +3 R +3 W +3 | Init +2 Per -2]

Mugambi gather his gear getting ready to the new day. He scratches his eyelids and look at the endless sea. The dreams were not so bad as they usually are, which does not mean they were any good none the less. Maybe today their hunt would come to an end. One can only hope.

Mugambi is updated to 3rd lvl.


Female Elf Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4/Fighter 1

As the dawn rises, Syndlara rises with it. As she stretches out and gathers her scant belongings, she starts singing softly in Elven, an old Desnan hymn to exploration and the unknown.

Also updated to 3rd level.


Female Human (varisian) Magus 5

Woke by Syndlara's singing, Iolana stretches trying to not make too much noise,so to not interrupt the elf Nice singing,pity our situation isn't as such

The girl the takes her book and begins preparing her spells.

Iolana too is updated.


Female Dwarf Gunslinger 5(Pistolero)

Gatherine stretched and yawned to the sound of Syndlara singing. She checked her equipment and her pistols,feeling oddly hearty.Like she had somehow gotten stronger....

Huh.


Kekkaw sets out cold leftovers to avoid building a fire pre-dawn. As the sun starts to come up, you see a walkable path along the shore under less than a foot and a half of water in the low tide.

current position

It is not immediately clear as you step out of the cave, but there appear to be at least a couple ways up the cliff a few hundred feet from where you stand.


Oracle lvl 4 [ HP 26/34 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | CMD 17 | F +3 R +3 W +3 | Init +2 Per -2]

Lets look at dat crashed boat on da beach before we leave. Mugambi says pointing at the shipwreck.

Srry about the delay, lost the dot.


Female Human (varisian) Magus 5

Is the game still on? i hope it is

"I'm in for the shipwreck."


Female Elf Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4/Fighter 1

"Good idea," Syndlara says as she finishes preparing herself for the day. "Maybe we can salvage some supplies."


Tol and Kekkaw clean out the bottom of the turtle shell boat. It appears that it will hold four of you relatively comfortably. There are oar mounts and oars still in decent condition.
Tol offers to stay behind with Kekkaw.
Standing on the shore in the dim shadow of the sun rising in the east, you see two shipwrecks. Judging from what you see and can read from the map, the wreck to the north is about two miles away... The one you have just now spotted should be about a mile.

two visible shipwrecks


Female Human (varisian) Magus 5

"It seems obvious which wreck to start from; the nearest one."

Is there any check to roll to drag the turtle shell to the shore?And who is coming? I take Iolana,Gatherine,Mugambi and Syndlara.


Female Elf Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4/Fighter 1

Syndlara clambers aboard the turtle shell boat and picks up an oar. "It sounds like a plan. Let's get moving."


Oracle lvl 4 [ HP 26/34 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | CMD 17 | F +3 R +3 W +3 | Init +2 Per -2]

Mugambi climbs aboard the turtle boat and grabs an oar. Oka

I havent seen Gatherine in a while, maybe its worth it to send her a PM...


Female Dwarf Gunslinger 5(Pistolero)

To the west!


You settle into the boat just past the lagoon-like shore. With your weight, the edge of the boat is about a foot and a half above the surface of the water... on fairly calm seas as you face at the moment it should be fine, but in rough weather it would take on water quickly.

Syndlara and Mugambi propel you toward your destination with the oars. It takes a little more than 30 minutes to reach the beached wreck. The ship appears to have turned on it's side as it came ashore, and crashed into the wedge-like cliff. The deck and splintered masts face you as you row toward the beach.

perception checks plz


Female Dwarf Gunslinger 5(Pistolero)

What's this?
Perception1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


Female Human (varisian) Magus 5

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


Female Elf Bard (Dervish Dancer) 4/Fighter 1

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Syndlara preoccupies herself with rowing and watching the waters around the shell-boat. "What's what?" she asks, her attention snapping to Gatherine.


Oracle lvl 4 [ HP 26/34 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | CMD 17 | F +3 R +3 W +3 | Init +2 Per -2]

Percept: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

??!!


Vines hang down from the wedge-shaped cliff above, and partially cover where the cliff and wreck meet. There is a hole in the deck facing you, which appears to have been the opening of the cargo hold. The line of stain on the ship, indicates the water reaches a couple feet above this opening when the tide comes in... which should be a little less than 2 hours from now.

Gatherine:

You happen to notice boards supporting the aft of the wreck mostly submerged in the water.


a sketch to give an idea of the layout
>the wreck< the X is where you are landing the turtle dinghy.

1,601 to 1,650 of 4,184 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Bloodgargler Serpent's Skull Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.