Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Bloodgargler's Serpent's Skull

Game Master BinkyBo


1,551 to 1,600 of 4,042 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>

Female Dwarf Gunslinger 4(Pistolero)

Gatherine waddled her way after the others with her her new brood of lizards tucked in her tricorned hat,bickering with Tol all the way.


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

A (just to bump)


You continue south for about a mile when the trail comes to an abrupt end. There is a fifty foot cliff overlooking the sea below. Several knotted ropes and vines hang over the edge, and lead down to the rocky beach below.
The face of the butte to your left is about 20 feet high. It appears your choices are up, down, or back the way you came.


Oracle lvl 4 [ HP 26/34 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | CMD 17 | F +3 R +3 W +3 | Init +2 Per -2]

Can we go up or down with the horse?


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

I know Tol isn't going to post anytime soon, but this question should be for him

"Mr. Cherthand,do you think Gorra can follow us down this cliff? I don't think so, but you are the owner."


I'll take perception checks
It looks highly implausible that Gorra would be able to make it down here. There was a path back where you fought the lizards. Much of the beach along the way appeared rocky enough to be a fair challenge as well. There is another cliff running roughly perpendicular to this cliff, and about the same height which would be possible for Gorra to jump.(but failable, and most likely fatal if failed)


Female Dwarf Gunslinger 4(Pistolero)

HUH. Can't we tie rope around her and just haul her up pulling altogether?Gatherine suggested.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24Perception


Female Elf Bard (Dervish Dancer) 3/Fighter 1

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

"That's an awful lot of work...." Syndlara demurs, looking around. "Maybe there's a trail nearby."


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

"Looks like we'll have to go back to the place where we fought the lizards"


Dwarf Beast Rider Honor Guard (Cavalier) 3; AC 18/11/17; CMD 17; Saves +5/+2/+1 (+2 vs. pois., sp, sla); hp 28/31

Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13
Roughly how far is the jump?


It is about 18 feet

Gath,Syn,Iolana:

While looking along the rocky beach, you see what looks like a very large sea turtle shell turned over and partially obscured by vines.
Syn+Gath you think you see a couple primitive oars fixed to the edge.[/ooc]


Female Dwarf Gunslinger 4(Pistolero)

Gatherine held up a pistol,squinting suspiciously over at what apparently was a primitive boat.Anybody see that boat?


Dwarf Beast Rider Honor Guard (Cavalier) 3; AC 18/11/17; CMD 17; Saves +5/+2/+1 (+2 vs. pois., sp, sla); hp 28/31

Tol examines the cliff and looks across the jump. "No, she can't climb down that. Jumping across... She might, if she wasn't weighed down. I wouldn't risk it, though. We could maybe lower her down with ropes, but we'd need some sort of harness, maybe pulleys, a--" He breaks off as Gatherine mentions the boat. "Everyone get down! Where is it? Are there natives on it?"


Female Elf Bard (Dervish Dancer) 3/Fighter 1

"Yeah, I see the boat. We might be able to put it to use," Syndlara replies. She continues, turning to look at Tol. "No, I don't see any natives. I can take a closer look, if you'd like."


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

"Saw it, but didn't immediately understand it had oars.As Syndlara, i see no one else but us."

Iolana then turns to the elven woman
"I could assist you if you like"


Oracle lvl 4 [ HP 26/34 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | CMD 17 | F +3 R +3 W +3 | Init +2 Per -2]

perception: 1d20 ⇒ 14

Dat rock over there? Dats a ship? the tribesman tries to focus his eyes at the far distance.

Bettar if we dont split. Maybe people living in that one too. Bettar if we all go back and around... Mugambi seems nervous about the perspective of splitting the group.


Oracle lvl 4 [ HP 26/34 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | CMD 17 | F +3 R +3 W +3 | Init +2 Per -2]

After a couple of seconds. ...but if ya wana go just be very carefull, right...


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

"Don't worry Mugambi,you'll have to tolerate my presence for a long time yet."


Dwarf Beast Rider Honor Guard (Cavalier) 3; AC 18/11/17; CMD 17; Saves +5/+2/+1 (+2 vs. pois., sp, sla); hp 28/31

"We'll have to go back anyway, if we're going to get Gorra down the cliff. It will take time, but it's got to be done. If Miss Iolana and Miss Syndlara want to go secure the boat until the rest of us can make it around, I won't stop you. However, I will, ahem, remind you what happened before when we sent a scout ahead of the rest of the group. A zombie was involved, you may recall. It's safer if we stick together."


Female Elf Bard (Dervish Dancer) 3/Fighter 1

Syndlara winces in remembrance. "A point well-taken, Sir Dwarf."


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

Iolana instinctively puts a hand around her chest and shudders "Right mr.Cherthand.My ribs still remember that encounter.Let's get moving backward then, all togheter."


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

B (bump)


You return to one of the paths down near the lizard nest. The narrow beach is easy terrain for over half a mile. Once you are within sight of the vines hanging down, you are faced with a barrier of jagged rocks. The water here is much more calm than most of the beaches you have encountered here... you might be able to swim around the 150-200 feet of rocks. The turtle shell boat you saw from above was on the other side of the outcropping of rock.

DC16 climb and DC14 acrobatics to go over the rocks, two DC 15 swim checks to go around.

feel free to roll other checks too like perception.


Female Dwarf Gunslinger 4(Pistolero)

Are these balance related checks because I get an additional +2 if so for a total of +7 on Acrobatics and Climb.


the acrobatics check is balance related.


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

Even if she strips naked (and she isn't going to this time) Iolana'll never make 16 climb and 14 acrobatics, not even taking 10.Other solutions?


Female Dwarf Gunslinger 4(Pistolero)

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13Perception
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27Climb
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9Acrobatics


Dwarf Beast Rider Honor Guard (Cavalier) 3; AC 18/11/17; CMD 17; Saves +5/+2/+1 (+2 vs. pois., sp, sla); hp 28/31

Tol looks at the piled rocks and sighs. "Well, girl, there's no way you're climbing over that," he says to his horse. Gorra whickers in agreement. "We'll just have to swim it. Could someone help me with this armor?"

Once the armor is removed, he stows it in Gorras saddlebags, and leads the mare into the water.

Unarmored, Tol and Gorra both have +7 to swim, and can make the DC 15 by taking 10.
Tol Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10
Gorra Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Oracle lvl 4 [ HP 26/34 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | CMD 17 | F +3 R +3 W +3 | Init +2 Per -2]

Mugambi looks at the rocks and the sea with dismay.
Tol, chief. Could Gorra take Mugambi's armor too please?

The tribesman strips his armor and store it in with the war horse if the dwarf alows it.

Percpt: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

I was mistaken :( no need to climb, Iolana can just swim around, and she will do so by just taking 10 without stripping

"I'll just need some towel to dry myself and my clothes once on the other side,but i can swim in my armor and equip."

Saying so, the sailor-girl dives into the water.

edit:Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


Gatherine climbs up the large rocks on the beach. She stumbles across a difficult area and collects a few bruises. 1d6 ⇒ 5 non-lethal

Gatherine:

You reach the other side. There are vines hanging close enough to you to easily climb down. You notice behind the vines is a recessed hidden cave about 15 feet wide and 8 or 10 feet high.

Swimmers:

As you come around the wall of rocks, you see Gatherine at the edge of the rocks within arms reach of the vines.
Iolana+others who swam with a DC16 perception roll Hidden in the shadow of the cliff, behind the vines is a cave about 15 feet wide 10 feet high.[/ooc]


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

Bloodgargler:

Is this cave approachable by foot or need to go back in water.If so how's the water around it?


Female Elf Bard (Dervish Dancer) 3/Fighter 1

Climb: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19

Swim: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Syndlara climbs the jagged rocks with ease, showing off a little as she dances from one rock to the next with practiced hops and pirouettes.


Syndlara:

You reach the other side. There are vines hanging close enough to you to easily climb down. You notice behind the vines is a recessed hidden cave about 15 feet wide and 8 or 10 feet high. Just inside the cave you see scorch marks similar to the ones you saw near the lizard nest.

Iolana:

rough sketch (past the rocky part, there is 30-40 feet of beach between the water and the vines covering the cave.


Female Elf Bard (Dervish Dancer) 3/Fighter 1

"I think there might be more of those lizards about, guys!" Syndlara calls down from her perch on the rocks. For the moment, she stays put, hoping to avoid further entanglements with the shocking reptiles.


Oracle lvl 4 [ HP 26/34 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | CMD 17 | F +3 R +3 W +3 | Init +2 Per -2]

Slowly the tribesman enters the waves and starts to swim at the best of his ability, which is low... At first he makes good progress but half way through he goes under and the rest of way is less dignified. Mugambi arrives at the other shore in a fit of cough.

Swim checks
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

Once she is on the beach on the other side,Iolana starts shaking away the water from her clothes and hair.
"Noticed the cave Syn. And i'm not so eager to face those fu****g lizards again."

Then she readies her bow and arrows.
"But just in case,this time i'll stay afar from them."


Female Dwarf Gunslinger 4(Pistolero)

Bruised and sporting a skinned chin,the plump she-dwarf struggled to heave her bulk over the rocks. When the prancing elf shouted a warning about more lizards,she stiffened.

She remembered how both Iolana and Syndlara both nearly dropped during the skirmish with just three of them. There was no telling how many more there were.

Carefully,she reached for the vines at the mouth of the cave and slid down them to the bottom. She tried to be as quiet and still as possible.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8Perception
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12Stealth
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24Climb


to all on the beach or descending the vines (within 30 feet of cave)

As you move closer to the cave, you smell death... rot. You do not see any movement... it is dark and well hidden by the vines. As the vines sway from Gatherine's descent you start to make out the dimensions. The shallow cave is about 15 feet wide and 8 feet high, and you see the back wall no more than 20 feet back from the entrance.

The sea turtle shell boat is to the left of the cave covered in vines.
Just past the vines are faded scorch marks similar to near the lizard nest, but a large unmoving rotting shocker lizard with three small spears pinning it to the ground catches your eye.

There are several small skeletons here... but just the top halves. At the base of each of their torsos are dozens of small thin bones, like skinny drumstick bones. An old crate sits against the back wall with crude instruments on top.


Dwarf Beast Rider Honor Guard (Cavalier) 3; AC 18/11/17; CMD 17; Saves +5/+2/+1 (+2 vs. pois., sp, sla); hp 28/31

Does "on the beach" include those of us who successfully swam around? I'm not exactly sure where this cave is, since I didn't make the perception check.


yes, those who swam around and walked at least out of the water on shore can now see it. It is easy to spot once it is pointed out to you, and the vines are moving ... here is a rough sketch


Dwarf Beast Rider Honor Guard (Cavalier) 3; AC 18/11/17; CMD 17; Saves +5/+2/+1 (+2 vs. pois., sp, sla); hp 28/31

"Gatherine, wait! Don't go exploring hidden caves alone, haven't you learned anything?" As soon as he reaches shore, Tol grabs his axe and shield and runs to the cave entrance, still wet and without armor.


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

That dwarven girl will be the death of me

"Wait all of you, we go together or nothing"
Iolana switches back to her blade and follows the dwarves.


Female Dwarf Gunslinger 4(Pistolero)

Gatherine relaxed when she realized that it was a dead lizard. She climbed into the cave,moving past the dead shocker lizard.


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

I keep bumping us, because dots aren't working lately, and the game is very often a lot down in the games list.


Oracle lvl 4 [ HP 26/34 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | CMD 17 | F +3 R +3 W +3 | Init +2 Per -2]

Mugambi ready his shield an mornngstar before following a little behind the others


In the shallow cave there are three small (lifeless) skeletons. Two are on either side of the decomposing speared lizard. One is near the crate against the back wall. All three skeletons are intact from the ribcage up, but have a pile of dozens of small bones in place of their legs.

The crate rests on planks of halved trees at the the back. There are old primitive tools and heavy stained bowls. There is also a smallish lizard skeleton pinned to the top of the crate with a bone dagger.

fire off some checks plz


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

What checks? I can only think of Perception.

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


Dwarf Beast Rider Honor Guard (Cavalier) 3; AC 18/11/17; CMD 17; Saves +5/+2/+1 (+2 vs. pois., sp, sla); hp 28/31

Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15
Knowledge might also be appropriate. Probably dungeoneering, if my guess as to the nature of the skeletons is correct. Tol doesn't have any knowledge skills, though.

Tol looks around the cave dubiously. "Doesn't seem there's any threat at the moment. Hmmph. Wonder what happened to their legs?"


Iolana's attention is drawn to the area by the crate.

Iolana:

You notice a greater darkness between the gaps in the logs on which the crate sits. It appears they are covering a hole. As you move around it, you see a gap where it appears something had pushed aside the cover enough to get out. Without further moving the crate and logs, you can guess the hole underneath is 3 or 4 feet wide.

yeah perception, heal, knowledge(nature+dungeoneering here), survival maybe a couple others

1,551 to 1,600 of 4,042 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Bloodgargler Serpent's Skull Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.