Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Bloodgargler's Serpent's Skull

Game Master BinkyBo


1,201 to 1,250 of 3,702 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>

"In the waters... hunting for urchins... my urchins, buurrip I let em take them. Don't think they care to follow me ashore, and certainly don't stick around when I shee em coming. Not the strangest thing I've seen out here.. ghosts in the water at night.. blue ghosts, green ghosts,... blue-green ghosts, the shredded man and his swarm of rotting crawlin zombies, pygmy chupacabra, and the red-winged devil... "

While speaking, Kekkaw takes the sawtooth sabre and wedges it into the floor under a crate he had just kicked aside. He pops open a trap door filled with water up to a foot below the top. The water in the hole is super-saturated with fish, and several brightly colored sea urchins lining one side. He then crouches down over the pit, and starts spearing fish with the sabre. "Cooked bekaw.. or not cooked?"


Female Elf Bard (Dervish Dancer) 3/Fighter 1

"Uh...Cooked, please," Syndlara replies with a grimace.


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

SIGH! Such a waste

"This isn't what i meant when i said to put that sabre to good use, but cooked for me too please"


Female Dwarf Gunslinger 4(Pistolero)

Same here.


Oracle lvl 4 [ HP 34/34 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | CMD 17 | F +3 R +3 W +3 | Init +2 Per -2]

Ya, cooked please.
Tell me something Chief. In all those years in dis island didnt ya ever try to build a boat? Ya house is pretty imbresive, ya must be good at building things.


Gatherine:

Although it needs more work, you figure out how the pistol operates, and feel confident you can get it to function. The left frizzen pan (which fires the lower barrel) slides back to release the barrels which enables them to swing right for loading. With a flick of the wrist the barrels swing back into place, and the frizzen pan slide just snaps back on its own. It is touchy, but you think you can get the hang of it.

just like your starting weapon, to others this weapon is still broken.

Kekkaw piles the fish on a flat stone, throws kindling down around it, douses it with some liquid from a dried gourd ... smells like very strong alcohol. Grabs the blunderbuss and holds it so the flintlock is near the fish and pulls the trigger a few times until the sparks ignite the alcohol. After a quick flash, he then covers it with a large carved wooden bowl.
"Mmm hmm Smoked dullfish." He turns to Mugambi, after he has the cover secure. "Bah bekaw... Never built boat. Thought about it, but didn't. At firsht just because it was dangerous... "Shiv" won't let you leave... But now" he shrugs "Just my home now."

He hands Mugambi a schematic drawing of a ship steering wheel with the pegs cut to fit in the metal eyelets of a tarp that has been cut and sewn into a strip like a belt which wraps around a shaft like a wagon axle which is fitted with paddles. The steering wheel has two poles attached to the rim facing opposite sides for two people to turn. The schematic also includes how to affix the mechanism to a raft, and a list of necessary materials. "Never built it... thought about training monkeys to turn it for me, but the monkeys don't like me. "


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

"Kekkaw,do you think we can rest here? If you need help with some work we are happy to help you in return."


Female Dwarf Gunslinger 4(Pistolero)

Monkeys suck anyway...dirty little things like gobs with tails.

She continued her work on the pistol after reassembling it successfully,fiddling with how it reloaded.

What kind of pistol is it?


Dwarf Beast Rider Honor Guard (Cavalier) 3; AC 18/11/17; CMD 17; Saves +5/+2/+1 (+2 vs. pois., sp, sla); hp 28/31

"Aye, anything we could do to help, we'd be more than willing. But... You say the Shiv itself won't let you leave? The whole island?" As he talks, the dwarf fills a feedbag with grain for Gorra.


Female Elf Bard (Dervish Dancer) 3/Fighter 1

"Who knew the place actually had a mind of its own?" Syndlara quips skeptically.


@Gath- double barrel pistol

Sense Motive DC15:

Kekkaw seems pretty crazy, but enough sanity remains to realize that what he said about the "Shiv" might not really be true.

"Wuh wuh well yes, or what does it matter? My home now. My home. I won't leave the captain. I'm his ... I'm his.. Maybe I need rest too. Long day, buurrip, talk in morning." Without another word, he climbs up the wall and unties a rope. A hammock unfurls just above your heads, and he curls up in it.


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

"Maybe we should just follow his example and rest,i'm dead tired."

Then,whispering "Looks like his mind has gone,better keep an eye"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Dwarf Gunslinger 4(Pistolero)

Gatherine finished with the double barrelled flintlock pistol's restoration,carving its new name into the Woodstock carefully with the edge of her war razor.Blowing away the grain left in its wake,the name Twinbellows written in dwarven runescript stood out starkly.

Sneezy Dragon and Twinbellows.....their thundering dirge heralds the arrival of Gatherine Deepheavy,the Pistoleer!

She muttered to herself,caught up in her own fantasy to take note of the conversation.Or Mebbie I should change my moniker to 'Leadfox' instead...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dwarf Beast Rider Honor Guard (Cavalier) 3; AC 18/11/17; CMD 17; Saves +5/+2/+1 (+2 vs. pois., sp, sla); hp 28/31

Sense Motive:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Tol chuckles as he brushes down Gorra. "Just like your father, you are, Miss Gatherine! Always obsessed with those noisy contraptions! We've got more to worry about than a pretty bit of gunmetal!" The old dwarf favors his charge with a rare paternal smile, evidently in a good mood. " But go ahead and shine up your new toy, it seems we're safe for the night, thanks to Mr. Cuckoo. I tell you, it's good to be indoors, even if it is a hollowed out crab." He looks around curiously. "Er... Speaking of which, did Mr. Cuckoo retire for the night already? That was... abrupt, after all that strange talk about the island." He shrugs. "Ah, well, maybe that's normal for talking birds. It's good to know he feels so safe, but I'd rather set watch, myself. I wonder if he'd mind us using his telescope to keep an eye out for torches."


Female Dwarf Gunslinger 4(Pistolero)

1d20 ⇒ 20Sense Motive

Poor crow probably went crazy from the isolation of being stuck on a haunted island rife with death and hopelessness...Gatherine thought as she loaded both barrels,casting a look at the slumbering tengu.

Hope he don't try to murder us in our sleep like crazy people are wont to do.


Female Dwarf Gunslinger 4(Pistolero)

DM Bloodgargler:
I guess guns are rare,which is cool,but is there a way Gatherine can craft her own gunpowder using Alchemy or Gunsmith skills? Is there a DC for it? If its anywherez,its in the awesome crab hut of cuckoo.


Oracle lvl 4 [ HP 34/34 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | CMD 17 | F +3 R +3 W +3 | Init +2 Per -2]

Regular watch shifts? the tribesman asks while opening his bedroll in a corner.


Female Elf Bard (Dervish Dancer) 3/Fighter 1

Syndlara shrugs. "Works for me. I can take one of the middle shifts," the sword-dancer volunteers.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
GM immediate narrative actions 1/day (0/1 remaining)

Gatherine:

yes

"Crafting Ammunition: You can craft bullets, pellets, and black powder for a cost in raw materials equal to 10% of the price. If you have at least 1 rank in Craft (alchemy), you can craft alchemical cartridges for a cost in raw materials equal to half the price of the cartridge. At your GM's discretion, you can craft metal cartridges for a cost in raw materials equal to half the cost of the cartridge. Crafting bullets, black powder, or cartridges takes 1 day of work for every 1,000 gp of ammunition (minimum 1 day)." -quoted from gunsmithing feat in PRD

my house rule is that you can craft up to 100gp worth of ammo in one hour.


Female Dwarf Gunslinger 4(Pistolero)

Then I'll take first watch,Gatherine offered.

Carefully so not to wake Keekaw,the she-dwarf climbed up to use the spyglass on her watch.She scanned the night-shrouded area beyond the crab.

1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 7 - 1 = 24perception


Oracle lvl 4 [ HP 34/34 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | CMD 17 | F +3 R +3 W +3 | Init +2 Per -2]

I will leave da night for ya folk with da good eyes. Mugambi will do last one in da morning.

After setting down the mwangi speaks with the group's newcomer.
Ma Syndlara, Mugambi hear ya people very good with da bow. I planned to learn how to use dis the tribesman says pointing at the longbow and quiver he is carring. but I trade it for yar sling. I think ya better with it.


Female Dwarf Gunslinger 4(Pistolero)

DM Bloodgargler:
Kay...100gp per hour of crafting.If I have my shopping list up,it'll take me a while.3 hours and 49 min to make what I think I'll need...should I supply you with a list of what I wish to craft?


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

"I'm with Mugambi in doing one of the last watch,when there is enough light for me."


Female Elf Bard (Dervish Dancer) 3/Fighter 1

Syndlara gives Mugambi a curious look. "I certainly wouldn't object to having a bow in my hands again, but I don't have much to trade for it."

Syn doesn't have a sling unless one was given to her/she found one earlier, and I forgot to write it down on her character sheet.


GM immediate narrative actions 1/day (0/1 remaining)

You see the torches slowly move around the area visible to you through the telescope. The bonfire on the eastern bluff remains lit through the first few hours. There is a tense moment when a torch came nearby and left the field of vision, but it reappeared moving away with no sign of having taken interest in your area.

Well after midnight, during Tol and Syndlara's shift overlap... a pale green light shimmers through the cracks in the shell. It seems to be coming from the direction of the water. There is another slide peephole near the front (similar to what you might see on a cell door) Other than that, opening the front "door" would be the only way to get a decent view of that direction.

Edit:fixed


Dwarf Beast Rider Honor Guard (Cavalier) 3; AC 18/11/17; CMD 17; Saves +5/+2/+1 (+2 vs. pois., sp, sla); hp 28/31

Tol watches Mugambi offering Averin's old bow to Syndlara with some skepticism, but he eventually shrugs and looks away without saying anything. Mr. Grey was half an elf himself, so I guess it's alright. They're all kin of one sort or another, to hear it told, he thinks to himself.

Later in the night, as the green light becomes visible through the cracks in the shell, Tol makes the sign of Torag. "Torag's beard," he whispers, "What did Mr. Cuckoo say? Blue, green... something about ghosts..." He grips his axe in his right hand, knuckles white, and hesitates for a moment before holding his breath, opening the peephole facing towards the water, and gazing through.


GM immediate narrative actions 1/day (0/1 remaining)

Tol:

You immediately see the source of the light a short distance up the beach near the abandoned huts. A humanoid ghostly figure stands in the edge of the surf... wisps of green light - similar in color and transparency as the figure itself - radiate along the surface of the water around it. You then notice creatures crawling awkwardly from the dimly illuminated water around and past the ghost. They are just black silhouettes against the green glow from this distance. They appear to be moving in the direction of the path from which you entered the beach... currently a little more than 60 feet from you.
The ghost takes a few steps, turns directly toward you, then speaks in a dry clear voice.
------------

A dry clear voice reaches you from outside the shell, which wakes those who were still asleep.

Polyglot:
"The living shall join the dead"


"Bwah! Close it! Bekaw! Don't let him see you!" Kekaw flaps around frantically, and hops/falls out of his hammock.

Tol roll will save plz


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

Still half asleep,Iolana rolls in her bedroll and mutters "Whose voice was that?Let me sleep some more,who is going to join who anyway?"

After realizing what the voice said,the girl suddenly wakes up and begins coming out of the couch "Who said The living shall join the dead"?


Female Dwarf Gunslinger 4(Pistolero)

Gatherine jolted awake with a violent jolt at the ominous voice,hand reaching for Sneezy Dragon.Her eyes were drawn to Tol,who wlls peering outside the peephole with axe in hand and sickly green light illuminating his features wierdly.

He seemed to be transfixed.

Gorra woke with a snort,curled up on the floor against one of the 'walls',wickering inquiringly.The war horse's ears flattened at the sound of the voice,baring her teeth and snorted.

Tol,get away!!

Dropping her pistol so it dangled from her wrist,the dwarf maid surged up from where she'd been stretched out on the floor and hurled herself at Tol.

Do I make a strength check or a grapple check to pull him away or,I dunno,cover his eyes?


Dwarf Beast Rider Honor Guard (Cavalier) 3; AC 18/11/17; CMD 17; Saves +5/+2/+1 (+2 vs. pois., sp, sla); hp 28/31

Will save: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18 (+2 vs spells & spell-like abilities)


GM immediate narrative actions 1/day (0/1 remaining)

Tol:

You shake off a debilitating fear

Gath - either strength or grapple would work to try to pull him away, but he made his save and can act normally


Oracle lvl 4 [ HP 34/34 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | CMD 17 | F +3 R +3 W +3 | Init +2 Per -2]

By da spirits! what was dat?


"The shredded man! ... and hours til daylight!" Kekkaw dances around growing hysterical. "Buurrip pip pip,... aaaawww buurrip pip pip." he finally slides in behind Gorra, presumably to hide. He whispers from his new spot. "just be quiet and he might go away. "

The ominous dry voice speaks again - repeating itself and then continuing with increasing fervor.

Polyglot:

"The living shall join the dead ... the dead will march... Reclaim the bones of the father! Calamity has found you captain! Calamity will gut you Berzac! "

Some force smacks into the crabshell, enough to knock several knick-knacks from the walls.


Female Elf Bard (Dervish Dancer) 3/Fighter 1

"Who is 'Berzac'?" Syndlara asks, tensed in a low crouch away from any wall.


Female Dwarf Gunslinger 4(Pistolero)

Alright,who or what is 'Berzac' and who's it calling captain? Undead i'm pretty sure i can shoot to smithereens but ghosts....that's it,I'm gonna become a magical gunslinger.Bullets with spells attached!

Gatherine whispered harshly to them,squeezing herself into the smallest shape possible beneath the peephole next to Tol.She had both loaded pistols up and gripped in both hands,which turned gray from the loss of circulation due to her unrelenting hold on them.


Dwarf Beast Rider Honor Guard (Cavalier) 3; AC 18/11/17; CMD 17; Saves +5/+2/+1 (+2 vs. pois., sp, sla); hp 28/31

Tol slams the peephole shut and turns his back to the wall, leaning against it and breathing heavily. "I don't know what he's saying... But I don't like it. Those shapes all walking past..." He shudders, and then controls himself. "Well, we fought ghosts and zombies before, on the wreck," he says weakly, "but this one seems a bit stronger. And he's got a lot of friends."

His eyebrows furrow, and he looks a little calmer, despite the shuddering of the shell. "Looked like they were all headed inland, up the path. Does this happen every night, Mr. Cuckoo?"


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

While getting back in her armor,which she had removed to sleep,Iolana answers to the dwarf : "He said -The living shall join the dead ... the dead will march... Reclaim the bones of the father! Calamity has found you captain! Calamity will gut you Berzac!- Mr Cherthand, but don't ask me what it means.Do you have any idea of who this Berzac is, Kekkaw?"


"Maybe every night. T-try to sleep through it,... and usually do." He shakes his head "No, buurrip. I don't know of whom he speaks. "


Female Dwarf Gunslinger 4(Pistolero)

Wait...Berzac!!That's the name of that Cheleaxian sod merc who wrote that diary we found on the Tears of Grog! The one where that ghost kept hollering and got eaten by zombies we killed.Because that lady gave her soul to lay a curse on them for double crossing them and keelhauling her brother and chained her to the bed until she died. That Berzac!!

Gatherine gasped with realization.


Oracle lvl 4 [ HP 34/34 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | CMD 17 | F +3 R +3 W +3 | Init +2 Per -2]

So...is dat da dead brother?


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

"This means we haven't finished dealing with that curse yet.What all of you suggest? I don't think it is wise to follow them but will bow to the majority"


Female Dwarf Gunslinger 4(Pistolero)

What if its following us? Do we...have to lay the bones to rest? Maybe we should go get Jask,if he's still alive---he is a cleric.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dwarf Beast Rider Honor Guard (Cavalier) 3; AC 18/11/17; CMD 17; Saves +5/+2/+1 (+2 vs. pois., sp, sla); hp 28/31

Nice catch on Berzac's name, Gatherine.

As the pounding continues on the walls of the crab, Tol says, "Finding the bones and bringing Mr. Jask are fine and good, but I think something a little more, ah... immediate is in order."


Judging from where the light is seeping through the crack and seams of the shell, the ghost seems to be moving on inland. Less than a minute later it fades completely. Kekkaw hops up to the telescope and angles to see the path inland. "Buurrip, yep. I see the glow... he's moved on."
A few seconds after that you hear a thump against the exterior of the shell - low and near the front. Then another near it. Then, around the same area on the shell, you hear a sound like a giant thumb rubbing against a clean plate. Then another thump.


Female Dwarf Gunslinger 4(Pistolero)

Gatherine took the opportunity to use the peephole,and her pistol sliding out thru the slot to get a good shot on whatever was making the commotion.

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


GM immediate narrative actions 1/day (0/1 remaining)

Gatherine:

Your view is partially obscured. After a couple seconds you see what looks like a zombie torso slipping down the outside of the shell which makes the the squeaking rubbing sound. As it slides down, you see the shoulder and stump of an arm... snapped or rotted off at the elbow. A protruding bone at the end of the stump jabs at the peephole. In the space visible, past the zombie you see several other limb-lacking zombies crawling toward the shell with your colorless darkvision.


Female Dwarf Gunslinger 4(Pistolero)

Gatherine jerked her face back and shut the peephole just in time to hear bone scrape against it.S frowned at the others.

We are surrounded by armless zombies...


"Ack! To arms!" Kekkaw rushes to Gatherine's side, nudges her out of the way, and yanks a lever which clicks as he pulls. He peers out the peephole, waits a few seconds, and then lets go of the lever. You hear the arm of the crab slam into the ground. 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (10) - 4 = 6 "Bah bekaw! Missed!"


Female Elf Bard (Dervish Dancer) 3/Fighter 1

"How do we get out of this contraption again? I'd prefer having some room if there's going to be a fight," Syndlara says, looking around the unfamiliar interior.

1,201 to 1,250 of 3,702 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Bloodgargler Serpent's Skull Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.