Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Bloodgargler's Serpent's Skull

Game Master BinkyBo


1,051 to 1,100 of 4,100 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>

Dwarf Beast Rider Honor Guard (Cavalier) 3; AC 18/11/17; CMD 17; Saves +5/+2/+1 (+2 vs. pois., sp, sla); hp 28/31

Before Tol is able to regale the company with the tale of the griffin, he is slapped in the face with wet leaves. His words die on his lips, and he is attentive to the gloomy silence around him.

Perception:1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6


Female Elf Bard (Dervish Dancer) 3/Fighter 1

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Syndlara frowns as the sounds of the jungle seem to die away. Her ears twitch as she strains to hear any approaching danger, and her hand rests uneasily on the hilt of her scimitar. She starts to say something, but thinks better of it.


Female Dwarf Gunslinger 4(Pistolero)

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


Female Human (varisian) Magus 5

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


Oracle lvl 4 [ HP 26/34 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | CMD 17 | F +3 R +3 W +3 | Init +2 Per -2]

Mugambi seems hesitant to put words to his memories. He was about to speak when something stir up his senses.

perception
1d20 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 3


The path weaves away from the cliff face again... bushes fill the space in between. As you come around the bend the bushes shake 10 feet ahead of you on your left. You see a small monkey peer through the leaves, and faintly 'coos' a half-dozen times.

Gatherine + Syndlara:

You see movement in the bushes on the opposite side as well - 10' down the path, 25-30' further away from the path into the jungle on your right.


Female Dwarf Gunslinger 4(Pistolero)

Gatherine recoiled in disgust at the sight of the cooing monkey,gripping her gun a grip so tight her knuckles crinkled.When it didn't throw a a handful of its own dung at her,she relaxed but noticed movement in the growth up ahead of them by about ten feet,on the opposite side of the path some thirty feet away into the jungle itself.

Gatherine made a deliberate show of aiming Sneezy Dragon at where she saw movement and chewed on the end of the tindertwig in her teeth.The flask of oil rested within easy reach in her sash on her chesDung-flinging monkeys or people -eating barbarians?


Female Elf Bard (Dervish Dancer) 3/Fighter 1

Syndlara glances at Gatherine, shrugging almost imperceptibly. "Could be both, or either. Or neither. Let's get closer and find out, mm?" she replies, drawing her scimitar slowly and quietly. Moving quietly, she slips over to the right edge of the trail and starts to creep further, eyes on the area she spotted movement to the right.

Stealth: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 3 - 2 = 16


Female Human (varisian) Magus 5

Not having perceived what Syndlara and Gatherine had,Iolana starts seeing the elven woman changing pace and sneaking further along the trail.

she must have seen something the varisian girl also keeps her head low and readies her scimitar slowly.


map

trying out google docs since I can't use usual method until I get back home. Please place your image on the map somewhere on the path Row P or below. Monkey is at (O,8). Disturbance spotted by Gath and Syn is around (H,20)
round things are tall trees that hang over everything
visible trees are low branch trees
green grass where monkey and disturbance are... are bushes


Dwarf Beast Rider Honor Guard (Cavalier) 3; AC 18/11/17; CMD 17; Saves +5/+2/+1 (+2 vs. pois., sp, sla); hp 28/31

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

I won't be acting in the surprise round, so I'll wait before posting an action.


Female Human (varisian) Magus 5

map works for me

Initiative 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

status:

Str 12/Dex 13/Con 13/Int 16/Wis 12/Cha 14
HP 12/15
AC (lamellar armor) [Tot 16] [Touch 12] [FF 14] Dodge feat already included
CMB:+2 (+1BaB +1strength)
CMD:13 (+1BaB +1strength +1dexterity +10)
Fortitude save +4 (+3base +1con)
Reflex save +1 (+0base +1dex)
Will save +4 (+3base +1wis)
BaB+1
Initiative+1
Caster level check +5
Speed 30ft/9mtr
Scimitar [att+2 dam1d6+1 18-20/x2 type S]
Shortbow [att+2 dam1d6 x3 60ft type P] 18 arrows
Prepared Spells :Level 0(cantrips):Daze(will DC13);Acid Splash(1d3 acid);Light;Detect Magic
Level 1:Shocking Grasp(2d6 elect);Shield(+4 AC)
Arcane Pool(1/2 magus level+int mod)[2]
Carrying 40lbs/light emcumbrance/check penalty -1

Iolana uses a pool point to give her scimitar a magical bonus

+1 scimitar 1/10


Female Dwarf Gunslinger 4(Pistolero)

Not working for me.Can someone tell me my position please ?

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Female Human (varisian) Magus 5

..............Syndlara
.....Mugambi.............Iolana
.......Gatherine
..........Tol

Syndlara and Mugambi are on the trail, Iolana is just right out of it,on her right there is a tree.Gatherine and Tol also are on the trail.The monkey is 30 feet straight ahead of Syndlara among some brushes.


Female Dwarf Gunslinger 4(Pistolero)

Omigawd,I just remembered something.Anybody remember who has the pipes of haunting?!Scare the buffers off or give us an edge!


Female Elf Bard (Dervish Dancer) 3/Fighter 1

Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Syndlara is sneaking toward the area around L15-16, scimitar drawn.


Dwarf Beast Rider Honor Guard (Cavalier) 3; AC 18/11/17; CMD 17; Saves +5/+2/+1 (+2 vs. pois., sp, sla); hp 28/31

@Gatherine: I don't think we ever decided who would carry them; none of us has Perform (wind instruments), so we were just planning to sell them. Iolana identified them, so I guess she was the last one to have them. Perform is usable untrained; Mugambi has the highest Cha bonus, so he would have the best shot at it, and they seem thematically most appropriate for him, so maybe she would have given them to him?


Oracle lvl 4 [ HP 26/34 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | CMD 17 | F +3 R +3 W +3 | Init +2 Per -2]

Mugambi draw his own weapon following his friends example even if he cant see any threat.

Initiative
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 initiative

A few seconds after you prepare yourselves, two savages rise from hiding. One dressed similar to the ones with blowpipes who holds a spear, the other wears a faded green hide vest along with his loincloth - draws a short bow in your direction.

bow guy at E,18.... Spear guy at H,20


Female Human (varisian) Magus 5

Iolana has the highest initiative so far,but i don't know if she can act in the surprise round


Female Dwarf Gunslinger 4(Pistolero)

Oi,Mugambi,remember that scrimshaw pipe we found?Why don't you use em to rattle em up?Show em you our big bad shaman?

She plucked the oil flask from her sash,picking the tindertwig from her teeth in preparation to light it and set the nearest threat ablaze.


Round 1
Iolana
Mugambi
Tol
Syndlara
Savages
Gatherine

ok ... Can't add to map ... If someone can and cares to place icons for them... They are at the coordinates I posted.
Edit you knew something was there ... No surprise round


Female Human (varisian) Magus 5

Ok icons added

status:

Str 12/Dex 13/Con 13/Int 16/Wis 12/Cha 14
HP 12/15
AC (lamellar armor)(shield round 1/20) [Tot 20] [Touch 16] [FF 18] Dodge feat already included
CMB:+2 (+1BaB +1strength)
CMD:13 (+1BaB +1strength +1dexterity +10)
Fortitude save +4 (+3base +1con)
Reflex save +1 (+0base +1dex)
Will save +4 (+3base +1wis)
BaB+1
Initiative+1
Caster level check +5
Speed 30ft/9mtr
Scimitar [att+2 dam1d6+1 18-20/x2 type S]
Shortbow [att+2 dam1d6 x3 60ft type P] 18 arrows
Prepared Spells :Level 0(cantrips):Daze(will DC13);Acid Splash(1d3 acid);Light;Detect Magic
Level 1:Shocking Grasp(2d6 elect)
Arcane Pool(1/2 magus level+int mod)[2]
Carrying 40lbs/light emcumbrance/check penalty -1

round 1:

if this is the first round,i'm counting this as the first round of +1 scimitar
move action:moves to Q11
standard action,casts shield on herself

Iolana sprints toward the savages,but stops along the way to cast a protection on herself
"Let's get the archer first"

+1 scimitar round 1/10


Oracle lvl 4 [ HP 26/34 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | CMD 17 | F +3 R +3 W +3 | Init +2 Per -2]

The tribesman sprints to the best of his abilities. Run to H17


Dwarf Beast Rider Honor Guard (Cavalier) 3; AC 18/11/17; CMD 17; Saves +5/+2/+1 (+2 vs. pois., sp, sla); hp 28/31

Updated the map for Mugambi's move. Will post mine later tonight, need to go pick up the little one now.

edit: Bloodgargler, is what I drew a clear charge path?


Female Elf Bard (Dervish Dancer) 3/Fighter 1

Was Syndlara able to sneak forward a bit before things went into initiative order? If so, how much closer did she make it?


Dwarf Beast Rider Honor Guard (Cavalier) 3; AC 18/11/17; CMD 17; Saves +5/+2/+1 (+2 vs. pois., sp, sla); hp 28/31

Round 1:

Tol
AC 18, touch 11, flat-footed 17
HP 17/22
Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +0 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like)
move action: Ready lance
move action: Ready shield

Gorra
AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 13
HP 26/26
Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +2 (+2 vs. hot/cold env. or suffocation)
double move action: move to M-N 11-12

Barely able to see the two savages through the thick trees, Tol curses under his breath and spurs Gorra after Iolana and Mugambi. He rounds on the two islanders, lance leveled. "I've had enough of you cannibals! Drop your weapons or feel my lance!" he bellows in common.

Reread the description, and decided low branches around the tree at M20 would block a charge.


Syndlara:

You could have gotten as far as 25feet from your current position on map before Round 1.


Female Elf Bard (Dervish Dancer) 3/Fighter 1

Round 1:

Syndlara curses under her breath and rushes forward at the nearest savage, scimitar leading in a vicious diagonal slash. "Can't any of the natives not be trying to kill or eat us?" she asks Mugambi, not taking her eyes off of the man in front of her.

Assuming she made it to around R12 pre-combat, she's charging to I20 and taking a swing at the savage at H20.

1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 2 = 27
1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 2 = 20

2d6 + 6 ⇒ (5, 1) + 6 = 12

HP 14/15; AC 15 (-2 for charge)


The spear-wielding savage was just trying to change his grip on his spear as the group advances. He feebly tries to block Syndlara's slash, but her scimitar cuts into his belly. He then attempts to drive the point into Syndlara while the other savage lets an arrow loose toward Mugambi.

spear vs Syn 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 damage

5' step + arrow vs Mugambi 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
1d6 ⇒ 3 damage

The little monkey hops to and up the cliff-side, and starts climbing the hanging vines.

Gatherine:

You are the only one with the right angle to see the few savages moving into position at the top of the cliff. You can only see their heads and shoulders at the moment. The monkey appears to be climbing toward them.

bottom of the 1st round
Gatherine

map


Female Dwarf Gunslinger 4(Pistolero)

Oi,its a ambush!Three more coming from the cliff! The little turd-tosseing monkey's a spy!

Gatherine aimed at the monkey's fuzzy gangly form as it steadily made its way up to the crouching savages.She took a step forward and fired.

Actions:5 ft step+ ranged attack on monkey:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Dmg:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Reload.
Dropping into a crouch,she stuck the oil flask under her arm and reloaded.


The monkey screeches as the foliage around him gets blown off the cliff face.

Round 2
Iolana-
Mugambi
Tol
Syndlara
Savages
Gatherine


Female Human (varisian) Magus 5

"Thanks Gatherine,but they are too far away to defend agaist them yet.Better take down the ones we can reach now."

Iolana rushes to help Syndlara,seeing that the elven woman has just been wounded.

status:

Str 12/Dex 13/Con 13/Int 16/Wis 12/Cha 14
HP 12/15
AC (lamellar armor)(shield round 2/20) [Tot 20] [Touch 16] [FF 18] Dodge feat already included
CMB:+2 (+1BaB +1strength)
CMD:13 (+1BaB +1strength +1dexterity +10)
Fortitude save +4 (+3base +1con)
Reflex save +1 (+0base +1dex)
Will save +4 (+3base +1wis)
BaB+1
Initiative+1
Caster level check +5
Speed 30ft/9mtr
Scimitar [att+2 dam1d6+1 18-20/x2 type S]
Shortbow [att+2 dam1d6 x3 60ft type P] 18 arrows
Prepared Spells :Level 0(cantrips):Daze(will DC13);Acid Splash(1d3 acid);Light;Detect Magic
Level 1:Shocking Grasp(2d6 elect)
Arcane Pool(1/2 magus level+int mod)[2]
Carrying 40lbs/light encumbrance/check penalty -1

round 2:

move action:sprint to J16
+1 scimitar round 2/10


Dwarf Beast Rider Honor Guard (Cavalier) 3; AC 18/11/17; CMD 17; Saves +5/+2/+1 (+2 vs. pois., sp, sla); hp 28/31

"Well, can't say I didn't give them a chance..." Tol mutters, then, with a yell, spurs Gorra in the direction of the archer.

Round 2:

Tol
AC 17, touch 10, flat-footed 15 (including Combat Expertise and Charge)
HP 17/22
Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +0 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like)
Effects: combat expertise, charge

full-round action: Charge archer; lance attack 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21; damage 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (1, 6) + 6 = 13

Gorra
AC 12, touch 8, flat-footed 11
HP 26/26
Fort +5 Ref +4 Will +2 (+2 vs. hot/cold env. or suffocation)
Effects: charge

full-round action: "charge" to F14-G15

Charge rules: The charge rules are kind of awkwardly written; I generally treat it as "when mounted, the mount & rider charge as a unit," which makes sense. The rules make it sound like the mount itself must charge, and the rider can get in on the benefits. In this situation, Gorra can't make a charge attack because horses don't have reach, and there's 5 ft. of bushes in the way. However, Tol's lance does have reach, and the idea that a horse has to be able to bite or hoof the opponent in order for a knight to successfully charge seems crazy to me. I hope you feel the same. :-) If not, call it a move + attack.


Female Dwarf Gunslinger 4(Pistolero)

DM:
Can I toss the flask at the cliff and set it on fire?Burn the vines and make smoke,an environment hazard/difficult terrain?


Dwarf Beast Rider Honor Guard (Cavalier) 3; AC 18/11/17; CMD 17; Saves +5/+2/+1 (+2 vs. pois., sp, sla); hp 28/31

How tall is the cliff?


Female Human (varisian) Magus 5

Also,how are the savages on the cliff equipped? melee or ranged?


Gatherine:

Yep. It would be a touch attack AC 5, with penalties for range. Roll a 11 or better on an attack roll 1d20+3 (attack roll including dex bonus)

You glance over at the forty foot high cliff. The canopy blocks everyone from seeing the savages Gatherine has pointed out, but you do see at least three figures through the leaves.

perceptionDC18:

all three carry spears or javelins


Dwarf Beast Rider Honor Guard (Cavalier) 3; AC 18/11/17; CMD 17; Saves +5/+2/+1 (+2 vs. pois., sp, sla); hp 28/31

Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9


Female Elf Bard (Dervish Dancer) 3/Fighter 1

Round 2:

Syndlara gives the savage that just stabbed her an exhilarated, crooked smile. Right foot leading, she feints and slashes at the man's midsection. "Not even worthy of the Dance," she taunts, her tone almost conversational as the scimitar's edge opens up the man's belly.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

HP 9/15; AC 17

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Oracle lvl 4 [ HP 26/34 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | CMD 17 | F +3 R +3 W +3 | Init +2 Per -2]

The first arrow comes strait to Mugambi, he barely have time to raise his shield. With a loud "TUMP" the arrow head digs deep into the wood of it. Decided not to let his enemies have a second chance at his life he attacks the nearest one.

Move and attack enemy at D17
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Hearing Gatherine's warning shout in the background he quickly glances around trying not to lose focus.

Perception
1d20 - 2 ⇒ (12) - 2 = 10


Female Dwarf Gunslinger 4(Pistolero)

Gatherine glared up at the cliff in frustration as the monkey was startled but caught itself from falling from the clifface as her shot missed,shredding vines and sending sparks off the rock.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8Perception

Bits of tattered foilage fluttered down,obscuring her vision in a dizzying cascade of green.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Oracle lvl 4 [ HP 26/34 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | CMD 17 | F +3 R +3 W +3 | Init +2 Per -2]

I just realised this is our 3rd combat today! Tropical paradise my %#+!!!


Female Human (varisian) Magus 5

perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

"As i thought, all of those three have ranged weapons, damn them"


The savage sliced by Syndlara drops his spear and falls to his knees... his hands reflexively try to restuff his belly for his last few seconds of life.
Gatherine sees more heads and speartips appear on the edge of the cliff - at least three more. One them yells out something in mostly Polyglot.

Polyglot:

"Sound the (unknown word), they have come right to our hunting ground. (unknown chelaxian? word) them here. Tonight we feast!"

The bow wielder avoids Mugambi's strike. Mugambi notices him look down at a woven lidded basket at his feet. He kicks it over and starts to run for the cliff when Tol nearly bowls him over - shattering a rib with his lance.

Gatherine:

You see two of the savages sit on the edge of the cliff, as if they are planning on dropping down. You see another reaching for vines hanging from the canopy of trees with a little hook on the edge of his spear, and then he starts to hand the vines to the sitting men.


Gatherine
Round 3
Iolana
Mugambi
Tol
Syndlara
Savages
Gatherine

map


Female Dwarf Gunslinger 4(Pistolero)

Gatherine grinned viciously when she saw the savages prepare to leap down using the vines.Lighting the tindertwig with a flick of her wrist against her leather armor,she lit the wick of the oil flask and tossed it aside.

Taking a big step forward,she reeled back and hurled the smoking flask of oil at the cliff with a whoop.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

I actually rolled decently this time.FIRE!Burn!

Oil splashed and orange flame rolled across the foilage clinging to the cliff.


Female Human (varisian) Magus 5

Iolana winced at the sight of the new enemies on the cliff,but she is determined to fight for her life. The girl shouts while running on Syndlara's foe.
"What the?????? They brought the entire tribe,they must really fear us."

status:

Str 12/Dex 13/Con 13/Int 16/Wis 12/Cha 14
HP 12/15
AC (lamellar armor)(shield round 3/20) [Tot 20] [Touch 16] [FF 18] Dodge feat already included
CMB:+2 (+1BaB +1strength)
CMD:13 (+1BaB +1strength +1dexterity +10)
Fortitude save +4 (+3base +1con)
Reflex save +1 (+0base +1dex)
Will save +4 (+3base +1wis)
BaB+1
Initiative+1
Caster level check +5
Speed 30ft/9mtr
Scimitar [att+2 dam1d6+1 18-20/x2 type S]
Shortbow [att+2 dam1d6 x3 60ft type P] 18 arrows
Prepared Spells :Level 0(cantrips):Daze(will DC13);Acid Splash(1d3 acid);Light;Detect Magic
Level 1:Shocking Grasp(2d6 elect)
Arcane Pool(1/2 magus level+int mod)[2]
Carrying 40lbs/light encumbrance/check penalty -1

round 3:

+1 scimitar round 3/10
moves to G19
attacks savage in H20:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
I seriously doubt Iolana hits,but in case:damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


A gout of flame erupts on the cliff face below the gathering savages, and drips fire in streaks as the leaves and vines sizzle. You hear startled yells and screams from the savages above.


Female Dwarf Gunslinger 4(Pistolero)

Dm Bloodgargler,can I try tossing some gunpowder wrapped in a scrap of cloth at the flame? If not,I'll just start shooting.And this time,I'll be using my Grit.

1,051 to 1,100 of 4,100 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Bloodgargler Serpent's Skull Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.