Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Bloodgargler's Serpent's Skull

Game Master BinkyBo


901 to 950 of 4,057 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>

I'm sorry you're fine .. you had 10 rounds do dive down and secure the rope to him. The successful dex check allowed you to do it with time to spare.

Iolana resurfaces after just under a minute.


Oracle lvl 4 [ HP 26/34 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | CMD 17 | F +3 R +3 W +3 | Init +2 Per -2]

The Mwangi mumbles to himself before Iolana resurfaces, ansiously looking at the sea.
...ssshhhh!...
...she fine...
...she fine Anton...
...ya will see...
...any moment naw...
...any moment...


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

swim rolls:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 success 1
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 success 2
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 success 3
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 success 4
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 success 5
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 no progress
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 no progress
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 no progress
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 success 6

Iolana swims back to the party,a distraught expression on her face:"I did it,it wasn't that difficult,but have to warn you once we'll have dragged the body here,it isn't a nice sight.And it was undoubtedly Averin."


Female Dwarf Gunslinger 4(Pistolero)

Gatherine was steadily digging a hole,tossing a mound of dirt up with each swing of her shovel.She was already three feet into the loamy soil,dark skin gleaming with sweat from her furious activity.

Death always is,isn't it?she muttered to herself.


Oracle lvl 4 [ HP 26/34 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | CMD 17 | F +3 R +3 W +3 | Init +2 Per -2]

Holding the rope with Iolanda and Gorra Mugambi helps pull Averin's body to the shore.

Ysed your horse to give a hand, hope you dont mind Tol.


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

<SIGH> Maybe i should change my name into Iolanda


It takes a few minutes to pull Averin's body ashore. Sword and backpack still strapped to him - he hadn't even the time to draw his sword before he was dropped.
His expression is peaceful, but an angry wound is on his shoulder ... presumably from where the creature fed. It had apparently torn through the shoulder of his armor ... the breastplate would need minor repairs before it could be used again.


Oracle lvl 4 [ HP 26/34 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | CMD 17 | F +3 R +3 W +3 | Init +2 Per -2]

Mugambi kneels down besides the corpse. Stubbornly he checks for life signs. After a couple of seconds a great saddeness take over him. He starts to chant a prayer in polyglot for his fallen comrade.


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

"For the short time i got to know him,he was a good friend.No one should die like this."

Iolana recovers her gear and clothing,but first wipes the water from her body with her usual towel.She does so without caring for modesty now.

how much i want to be away from this cursed place

"Let me just put something on,then will help you with the burial."


Female Elf Bard (Dervish Dancer) 3/Fighter 1

"It says something about you all that you go to such lengths for someone you had only known for a short while," Syndlara says. She walks over to the edge of the grave Gatherine is digging and squats down, resting her arms on her thighs. "Let me know if you need help, Shorty," she says, winking at the dwarven woman.


Oracle lvl 4 [ HP 26/34 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | CMD 17 | F +3 R +3 W +3 | Init +2 Per -2]

After finishing his prayer Mugambi retrives the elf's sword, bow and backpack. He then puts Averin's body inside the freshly dug hole and cover him with banana leafs.

They all help covering the grave with earth. The tribesman say some last words before they resume their hunt for the captain.

Here he lies where he long ta be;
Home is da sailor, home from da sea.


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

"Mr.Cherthand wasn't very happy to see us taking Averin's equip.I would only sell the armor and greatsword,so for me it isn't necessary to take them."


Oracle lvl 4 [ HP 26/34 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | CMD 17 | F +3 R +3 W +3 | Init +2 Per -2]

We still stranded in dis cursed island. Its good to have weapons at hand. Mugambi have in mind ta give our good captain an arrow or two for our troubla.


Female Elf Bard (Dervish Dancer) 3/Fighter 1

After they bury the unfortunate half-elf, Syndlara injects herself into Iolana and Mugambi's conversation. "Were we in Eleder, we could afford your late friend proper burial rites. Remember where we buried him. If we find our way off of this thrice-blasted rock, we can come back for him. And when we do, we will hopefully not need his arms any longer."


Female Dwarf Gunslinger 4(Pistolero)

Gatherine laid a large stone atop the grave---a gravestone and just in case he tried to dig his way out.

Rest in peace,Averin.I'll try my best to avenge you--I'll skin that lizard bastard for you!


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

Iolana marks the spot Averin was buried by drawing a circle with some rocks.
"Now we have to catch up with captain and Ieana,and we have lost quite sometime,better move on."


Dwarf Beast Rider Honor Guard (Cavalier) 3; AC 18/11/17; CMD 17; Saves +5/+2/+1 (+2 vs. pois., sp, sla); hp 28/31

Tol looks on grimly as Mugambi retrieves Averin's gear, but he doesn't say anything as he helps to pile the sand into the grave.

He nods at Iolana's words, and gazes into the interior of the island. "Aye, let us be on our way. We shouldn't waste our time on the lizard, it was just a dumb animal. There could be hundreds like it, and we'd never know if we'd found the right one. No, Captain Kovack is the one that stranded us on this gods-forsaken island, it is he who bears the blame for Mr. Grey's death, and First Mate Devers, and all the rest. It is against him we must wreak our vengeance."


Thump ... faintly in the distance. ...Thump ... drums from the west. A slow but steady beat. No louder than the now gentle surf. As if this cursed island had given you just these few quiet moments to grieve before reminding you ... You are not alone on this island.


Female Elf Bard (Dervish Dancer) 3/Fighter 1

Syndlara's ears twitch, and she frowns. "Well, seems I got lucky that I ran into you before I ran into any more...hostile natives." She turns toward the sound, facing west, and adds, "Perhaps we will find someone with a ship--and thus a way off the island--there. Or perhaps we will find this Captain Kovack there. Either way, it beats standing around here. Shall we go?"


Female Dwarf Gunslinger 4(Pistolero)

Gatherine shuddered at the sound of drums.Reminds me of when gobs beat on drums during raiding,


Dwarf Beast Rider Honor Guard (Cavalier) 3; AC 18/11/17; CMD 17; Saves +5/+2/+1 (+2 vs. pois., sp, sla); hp 28/31

Tol thinks. "We had planned to continue following Captain Kovack and Miss Ieana's tracks. I have no love for the cannibals, but we must not lose sight of our goals. There were no survivors from the attack on us, so word of our presence may not have reached the village, and these drums might have nothing to do with us. I say we return to the scene of the battle and have our new tracker," he indicates Syndlara, "try to pick the trail up again."

Did everyone hear the last words of the enemy leader, or was Tol the only one close enough? It's the sort of thing Tol would likely ignore as an idle, superstitious threat, but I don't want it to go completely unnoticed.


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

are we keeping the same walking order substituting Syndlara for Averin?

"I would like to avoid unnecessary fights,and looking for revenge will only make it harder to attain out goal.I'm afrsid we'll find enough opposition where those drums are beating,no need to add other threats."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Dwarf Gunslinger 4(Pistolero)

Gatherine frowned as she strapped her shovel back to her backpack.Her brow furrowed before her eyes went large.

Guys,I just remembered something from the battle!Tol,right after you and Gorra trampled that shaman..I think he said something in Common! Something about us losing and his spirit flying faster?

She gasped with growing dread.Bolka's teats! Maybe those drums ARE for us! The shaman's spirit might have told the rest of his degenerative tribe! Shaman's do that,don't they?!

The dwarf maid ran about in a circle,working herself into a panic.Who knows how many of those freaks are out there? They'll try to eat me first because I'm so pleasantly plump!


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4
Iolana Zerengo wrote:
out goal=OUR GOAL blasted keys
Iolana Zerengo wrote:
I'm afrsid=i'm afraid where was i looking?


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

Seeing Gatherine panicking,Iolana tries to reassure her.
"Try to get a hold on yourself Gatherine.You are in a party,we'll protect each other,just never split from one another and we'll be fine."

Then,in an attempt to lighten the tension:
"And you never know,they may like more hot looking girls,so the first targets would be Syndlara or myself"


Dwarf Beast Rider Honor Guard (Cavalier) 3; AC 18/11/17; CMD 17; Saves +5/+2/+1 (+2 vs. pois., sp, sla); hp 28/31

Tol sarcastically mutters under his breath, "Hmmph. 'Hot looking girls,' indeed. Hmmph." He then addresses the group more loudly, "Even if the shaman's words were more than superstition, and the entire tribe knows of our presence, I don't think that changes our plan. We need to find our quarry before they do... If they haven't already."


Female Elf Bard (Dervish Dancer) 3/Fighter 1

Syndlara smiles faintly, otherwise ignoring the inclusion in Iolana's remark. "Lead me back to where you left the trail, then."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Dwarf Gunslinger 4(Pistolero)

Brought out of her panic by the jibe,the dwarf maid snapped,You calling me ugly?!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Oracle lvl 4 [ HP 26/34 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | CMD 17 | F +3 R +3 W +3 | Init +2 Per -2]

Giving a small tap on Gatherine's shoulder Mugambi tries to hide his smile as he follows the group back into the jungle.

Come on kid, lets geta moving. Besides, all da little kids are adorabla.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

"Not at all Gatherine,just saying that they may not understand dwarven standard for beauty,i surely don't.But i'm sure you are beautiful for your men"


The sun starts to bake you on the beach until you head out north, and the baking turns to an oppressive damp heat. You walk back through the jungle area from which you just came, and to the trail that led to the scene of your last battle.
The corpses of the pale feral savages appear as they were, except for the one whose entire leg is currently being consumed by a blanket of miniscule red crawling insects.


Female Elf Bard (Dervish Dancer) 3/Fighter 1

"This is the place, huh?" Syndlara says with a grimace. Careful to avoid the carpet of insects eating one corpse's leg, she looks to the others. "Which way were you following these tracks?"


Dwarf Beast Rider Honor Guard (Cavalier) 3; AC 18/11/17; CMD 17; Saves +5/+2/+1 (+2 vs. pois., sp, sla); hp 28/31

"We came down from the bluff here, and were following them that way." Tol points.


Dwarf Beast Rider Honor Guard (Cavalier) 3; AC 18/11/17; CMD 17; Saves +5/+2/+1 (+2 vs. pois., sp, sla); hp 28/31

Tol looks uneasily at the bodies of their erstwhile enemies. "Do you thing we ought to do... something with... those?"


Female Elf Bard (Dervish Dancer) 3/Fighter 1

Syndlara shrugs at the dwarf, kneeling down to observe the tracks in front of her. After a few minutes and muttered words in Elven, she stands, dusts the dirt from the knees of her pants, and moves over to another set of tracks nearby. She repeats this several times, then declares, "I think I have the trail. This way."

Survival (tracking): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

"In other occasions i'ld have said to bury them;but i prefer to chase the captain and Ieana now,and they didn't really struggle to become friends to us"


Female Dwarf Gunslinger 4(Pistolero)

Bah! Let em rot,do some sort of good by feeding the bugs.They were evil and deserved to die for the good of anyone else unfortunate enough to get stuck here. Eating other people just because you can is sick and wrong.

Gatherine sneered at the ant-covered corpses,pointedly gesturing with Sneezy Dragon.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dwarf Beast Rider Honor Guard (Cavalier) 3; AC 18/11/17; CMD 17; Saves +5/+2/+1 (+2 vs. pois., sp, sla); hp 28/31

"Aye, aye, I feel no remorse for their deaths. I just meant it might be good to... ah... conceal the evidence? In case the rest of the tribe comes by?"


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

"The quickest way to dispose of them i can think of is throwing the corpses in the sea,but we have moved a lot from it.Down a cliff would be the same as here if some other of them finds the bodies"


Female Dwarf Gunslinger 4(Pistolero)

Why don't just leave 'em? Like a warning. We ain't scared of them and we shouldn't be trifled with. We took out their shaman--and he looks like a right gory mess. And the wounds my bullets made should boggle them. Besides,they already know we're here.

The dwarf maid scowled thoughtfully.Barbarians like them are no better than Orcs and gobs.All they understand is blood and strength along with might makes right.We passed on all accounts.Together,the Survivors of Smuggler's Shiv,are mighty!!


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

Iolana giggles
"A bit exagerated,but you got the point Gatherine.I don't know what brought those men to act like this and quite frankly i don't care.But let's just not give them further reasons to increase their appetite shall we?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dwarf Beast Rider Honor Guard (Cavalier) 3; AC 18/11/17; CMD 17; Saves +5/+2/+1 (+2 vs. pois., sp, sla); hp 28/31

Tol snorts a little at Gatherine's diatribe, tugs at his beard a little, then shrugs. "Alright, then. Let's be off. I'm eager to leave this place behind me."


Syndlara picks up the trail after having been shown your last location. When noting the nature of the tracks, you recall and inform her that Averin had determined the were carrying something between them.

You travel west and northwest through thick tall grasses surrounded by stumpy, flat topped palms. Visibility is good, but the trail is difficult to follow at times ... Enough weather and time has passed that trampled grasses have recovered. Syndlara therefore needs to part the grasses as she goes to follow the footprints.

As you pass the edge of the cliff and woods that have been flanking you to the north, the edge of the horizon opens to blue water ... you appear to be a few miles from a beach.


Female Elf Bard (Dervish Dancer) 3/Fighter 1

"Looks like they made for another beach, it seems," Syndlara says. "We may be getting closer to a campsite. We should try to be circumspect here." She looks at Gatherine's dragon pistol and adds, smiling wryly, "At least til after we ascertain that they're all implacably hostile."


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

"Circumspection isn't among our most trained skills i'm afraid."
Iolana says to Syndlara in a sheepish tone.

Perception:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

The varisian girl looks toward the new beach trying to get signs of hostile activities.

"But i'm quite agile and lightly encumbered.I could try to come with you should we need to take a closer look."


Oracle lvl 4 [ HP 26/34 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | CMD 17 | F +3 R +3 W +3 | Init +2 Per -2]

Iff ya guys decide to scout ahead dont go too far away. Stay at shout distance.


You advance a little further northwest ... just enough for Iolana to be able to see the lower elevation beach. Syndlara determines the tracks start to veer west - while the beach is north.

Iolana+any with percept DC15+:

On the beach to the north (a little on the right of where you have been facing) you see a similar camp as before, but this one looks nearly leveled. The appears to be someone standing at the waters edge. You see no signs of hostility, and little cover for any hidden threats.

map


Dwarf Beast Rider Honor Guard (Cavalier) 3; AC 18/11/17; CMD 17; Saves +5/+2/+1 (+2 vs. pois., sp, sla); hp 28/31

Perception:
1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19

"There's someone over there on the beach, in the ruined camp, but I can't make out who. Perhaps we should investigate, it might be another survivor."


Female Dwarf Gunslinger 4(Pistolero)

Perception:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Gatherine had Sneezy Dragon out,peering out over the beach suspiciously at the lone figure.

I dunno.Could be a trap. Like a scarecrow set up to lure people over.Or a zombie just standing about waiting for its next victim to gnaw on.


Dwarf Beast Rider Honor Guard (Cavalier) 3; AC 18/11/17; CMD 17; Saves +5/+2/+1 (+2 vs. pois., sp, sla); hp 28/31

DM and others who made the perception check:
For clarification, does the ruined camp look like the one Syndlara was at, or the one we found earlier, that we supposed to have been Kovack's?

901 to 950 of 4,057 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Bloodgargler Serpent's Skull Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.