Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Bloodgargler's Serpent's Skull

Game Master BinkyBo


851 to 900 of 3,869 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

Oracle lvl 4 [ HP 26/34 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | CMD 17 | F +3 R +3 W +3 | Init +2 Per -2]

Since we lost one of our front-liners i would suggest putting Tol at front. I can guard the rear by myself and he have the better offense / defense balance in our group.

Mugamnbi frantic looks for any sign of the flying beast or Averin.

perception
1d20 - 2 ⇒ (14) - 2 = 12


Female Dwarf Gunslinger 4(Pistolero)

Gatherine had her pistol up,eyes on the sky overhead and the foilage on both sides as they made their way towards the site where the beast took their guide and fellow survivor.
Perception:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Oi,guys,I was thinking...if we come across that beast again,we should use a rope and lasso it so we can tie it off on a tree or something so it can't fly off.Or tie it up and kill it before it wriggles loose.We could use one of those charms,the cat one,and jump onto it in case it tries to fly off.


The rainwater drips through the leaves.. the air becomes misty from the rain and heat..

Iolana + Gatherine:

As you are walking you see in the direction you are heading, a lone figure walking toward the group. It is not immediately clear if the group has been spotted by the lone figure.


Syndlara:

You can barely make out a group walking in single file toward you in the growing mist about 80 feet away .. one horse at least three humanoids. You see the one in front stop.


Female Dwarf Gunslinger 4(Pistolero)

Gatherine swiveled her aim to the front of her,aiming away from Iolana as a lone figure emerged steadily out of the mist.

Oi,we got company!


Female Elf Bard (Dervish Dancer) 3/Fighter 1

Syndlara freezes when she sees the first figure stop. Cursing her choice in clothing for being useless as camouflage, she ducks lower and behind a palm tree, seeking to make herself a smaller target for archers. Her hand on the hilt of her scimitar, she calls aloud in Taldane, "Ho there! Are you the ones who were making all that racket earlier?"


Dwarf Beast Rider Honor Guard (Cavalier) 3; AC 18/11/17; CMD 17; Saves +5/+2/+1 (+2 vs. pois., sp, sla); hp 28/31

Tol rides up to the front of the party, lance held vertically, but at the ready. Leave it to an elf to wander around the jungle in a getup like that, he thinks to himself, At least it doesn't appear to be another savage. He calls back, "And what's it to you if it was? Come on out from there, show yourself!"


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

Iolana had her scimitar at hand and for the moment she doesn't lower it.
"Noticed her Gatherine,be ready with that gun of yours"

"Let's not make a mess here,this island is already too much populated for my tastes.My dwarven friend is right,come out from cover,we aren't cannibals."


Female Dwarf Gunslinger 4(Pistolero)

Gatherine raised her voice,tone irritable.If you honestly think that I can't hit you from behind that scrawny tree,you probably shouldn't have worn something I could see a mile away from behind me.Hurry up and come out before I turn you into Swiss cheese--this island has made me paranoid from all the ghosts,cannibals,and zombies and I'll shoot your pointy ears off!!


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

"Gatherine, please.We don't want to start a fight out of a potential ally,we need all the help we can gather"

<whispering>

Gatherine:
"next time i play the bad cop"


Female Elf Bard (Dervish Dancer) 3/Fighter 1

Syndlara laughs. "Now I know I'm safe. A dwarf is threatening to shoot an elf in the treeline." As she speaks, she stands out from behind her cover, her hand moving away from her scimitar's hilt to relax at her side. She walks closer to the group, her posture nonthreatening. "So, are you the ones who were firing off gunshots earlier?"


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

"Yes, we were. Now would you like to tell us who you are?"
Iolana puts her scimitar away as well


Female Elf Bard (Dervish Dancer) 3/Fighter 1

The flamboyantly-dressed blond elf smiles at Iolana as she walks closer to the group. A handful of paces away, she stops. "I'm Syndlara. Late of Kyonin and recently of whatever rock this is that my ship wrecked near. You're the first other souls I've seen on this island. You're not cannibals who are going to eat me now, are you?" she asks, amusement clear in her melodic elven voice.


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

"I'm a sailor without a ship,my name is Iolana.Our ship suffered the same fate as yours.And you can relax,no one of us is going eat you."

The varisian girl looks at her dwarven companions,which have all their weapons out yet.

"Sorry for this welcoming committee,we had a lot of troubles coming this far inland,including a cannibals patrol and a giant lizard-bird thing that flew away with another member of our party.What about you?How did you get here or what troubles you met?"


Female Elf Bard (Dervish Dancer) 3/Fighter 1

Syndlara winces at the mention of a 'giant lizard bird-thing' and glances back toward the south. "My ship was sunk during a storm a few days back. I was knocked unconscious by a falling mast and swept overboard--woke up on the beach a few miles south of here. Like I said, you're the first inhabitants I've met other than myself. Although...I did see a large blue and red winged lizard fly over my encampment on the beach not even an hour ago. It seemed to be carrying something. The flying lizard landed a few hundred feet from where I was hiding and seemed to be eating something it had been carrying, but it took flight again a few minutes later and dumped whatever it was eating in the sea. I tried to get closer to see what it had been eating, but by the time I got to the water's edge, all I could see were a few bubbles and a spreading pool of blood," Syndlara says with an apologetic shrug.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dwarf Beast Rider Honor Guard (Cavalier) 3; AC 18/11/17; CMD 17; Saves +5/+2/+1 (+2 vs. pois., sp, sla); hp 28/31

Tol exchanges a look of dismay with the rest of the group, and uneasily returns his lance to its cup with a heavy sigh. "You speak ill tidings, Miss... Sindora, was it?" The dwarf stumbles a little over the unfamiliar sounding name. "I fear that was the end of our shipmate Mr. Grey. As I recall, he set out from Cheliax to find fortune and adventure in the Mwangi Expanse. Such was his fortune, and so ends his adventure." At this last, Tol looks meaningfully at Gatherine.

"But I'm forgetting my manners, Miss... Sandella. I am Tol Cherthand, son of Trannik, son of Dorkath, in the service of Sir Torgill Deepheavy, and this is my... That is to say... " His formal speech falters as he gestures to Gatherine, "This is Miss Gatherine Deepheavy, and I am her..." He clears his throat, then finishes more firmly, "Her sworn protector."


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

Iolana return the look of dismay to the dwarves and the muwangi, then turns her back to them and prays with broken voice.

"Ne pare rau Averin .Sufletul său pentru a găsi avere şi averea Abadar"

Varisian:
"I'm so terribly sorry Averin.May your soul find fortune and wealth in the realm of Abadar"

The girl wipes some tears from her eyes before speaking to the elven woman "Thank you miss Syndlara for telling us.Now seems like we have to cooperate if we don't want to end like the poor half elf,would you mind joining us?"

used Google translator to write in rumanian lang (for me the real world equivalent of Varisia)but surely it is full of mistakes,plus i deleted some words the software didn't translate and added the names


Female Elf Bard (Dervish Dancer) 3/Fighter 1

Syndlara gives Tol a bemused look as he stumbled over her everyday name. And that's the least complicated of my names, she thinks. "A pleasure to make your acquaintances as well, Tol, Gatherine. And if it was in fact your compatriot, Mr Grey, that this beast took...then I am sorry for your loss. But as Iolana here says, if we don't want to end up the same, I think it would be wise if we were to join forces. Where were you headed?"

She shifts her weight to one hip and turns to look back toward the south, tugging on her leather gloves. "Well, where were you heading before you chased off after that overgrown gecko?"


Oracle lvl 4 [ HP 26/34 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | CMD 17 | F +3 R +3 W +3 | Init +2 Per -2]

Mugambi seems at lost for words. He walks away about 15 feet from the group and leans heavily on a tree, his sight wondering at some faraway place.


Female Dwarf Gunslinger 4(Pistolero)

Gatherine sniffled as she swallowed a sob,eyes watering and lips pinched.Poor A-averin...!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dwarf Beast Rider Honor Guard (Cavalier) 3; AC 18/11/17; CMD 17; Saves +5/+2/+1 (+2 vs. pois., sp, sla); hp 28/31

Tol observes the grief of Gatherine and Mugambi with pity, but maintains his self-control. I fear they'll see more death yet, before we are out of this. Averin, Alton, the rest of the sailors... This island is thirsty for blood. He clears his throat once more. "And that there, in the mask, is Doctor Mugambi. He and Miss Zerengo were members of the crew of our ship, the Jenivere, and I was a passenger, and Miss Gatherine was a sto-- was also a passenger. Of sorts." He looks a little sheepishly at Iolana. "It seems that our getting wrecked was not an accident, but a treachery perpetrated by the captain, as part of a plot to abduct the ships owner and, we suppose, to live out his days with her on this," he gestures at the jungle around him, and continues wryly, "island paradise. We were tracking them, in hopes to save Miss Ieana, that's the owner." He pauses as a look of realization comes over his face before he continues, more slowly, "That is... Mr. Grey was tracking them, and leading us. Now..."


Female Elf Bard (Dervish Dancer) 3/Fighter 1

Syndlara smiles sympathetically. "I might be able to help you there--know a few things about tracking. Where did the trail end?"


Female Dwarf Gunslinger 4(Pistolero)

Shouldn't we find Averin and give him a proper burial first? Y'know,so he don't haunt us as a ghost or rise as a zombie?


Female Elf Bard (Dervish Dancer) 3/Fighter 1

Syndlara shrugs. "That's up to you guys. If you think that his body was what that flying lizard dumped, and you think you can recover it...."


Dwarf Beast Rider Honor Guard (Cavalier) 3; AC 18/11/17; CMD 17; Saves +5/+2/+1 (+2 vs. pois., sp, sla); hp 28/31

Tol shakes his head sadly. "He was wearing a solid steel breastplate, so there's little chance of his floating to shore. I'm afraid burial at sea is the best we can do for him. Though, the good Doctor might know more about ghosts and zombies..." Tol looks to Mugambi questioningly.


Oracle lvl 4 [ HP 26/34 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | CMD 17 | F +3 R +3 W +3 | Init +2 Per -2]

...
He was right beside me
...
right beside me...

Pulling himself together Mugambi drys the wet in his face that he didnt notice was there before. He rejoins the group.

We shoud go to da beach. Maybe we can give da man a proper burial. he says looking downcast.


Oracle lvl 4 [ HP 26/34 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | CMD 17 | F +3 R +3 W +3 | Init +2 Per -2]

After hearing Tol's words Mugambi stays quiet for a couple of moments reflecting.
Ya maybe be right chief, but I still would like to go there. Its close, should not take long.


Female Elf Bard (Dervish Dancer) 3/Fighter 1

"Only a couple of miles to the south. I can lead you there, if you want."


Dwarf Beast Rider Honor Guard (Cavalier) 3; AC 18/11/17; CMD 17; Saves +5/+2/+1 (+2 vs. pois., sp, sla); hp 28/31

Tol nods. "Aye, I'll follow the Doctor on this. We should be quick, though. The captain and Ieana aren't getting any closer."


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

"I'm coming too,don't want to split the party.And have to give the last farewell to Averin,even only to his spirit"


The light rain stops, and the jungle steams... This is the hottest and most humid it has been since you arrived. The sounds of the jungle are now more alien, bizarre, and ominous without your trusted guide to assure you.
As you move further south you hear the more familiar sound of sea birds and surf. Syndlara eventually leads you to a lowland clearing with a narrow beach just past. Three shacks form a half circle facing the water. Apart from the recent use of the fire pit and the remnants of recently foraged food and ration packaging, it appears to have been abandoned for months at least. Faded pentacles and other painted warning or wards are all around... as well as signs of battle equally aged by time. Several fat pillars of rock span the coastline from a few dozen to 100 feet from shore.


Dwarf Beast Rider Honor Guard (Cavalier) 3; AC 18/11/17; CMD 17; Saves +5/+2/+1 (+2 vs. pois., sp, sla); hp 28/31

"So this is your camp, then, Miss Sandalora? Where did you see the creature drop Mr. Grey?"


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

"If so i guess we should start diving,and her name is Syndlara,mr.Cherthand"

Knowledge on the pentagrams:
Knowledge arcana 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dwarf Beast Rider Honor Guard (Cavalier) 3; AC 18/11/17; CMD 17; Saves +5/+2/+1 (+2 vs. pois., sp, sla); hp 28/31

"Isn't that what I said?"


Female Dwarf Gunslinger 4(Pistolero)

Well, i gotta shovel so i guess i should start digging a proper grave. Six feet deep,too steep to climb out of just in case poor Averin does happen to come back as a zombie.

She eyed the camp curiously and turned to the garishly dressed elf woman.How exactly have you survived here without the cannibals spotting you?I'm thinking that they count on people unlucky enough to be shipwrecked here and specifically watch for survivors to pick off.


Iolana Know(arc):

It appears to be nothing more than graffiti, human teeth have been pounded into the points and center. Leftovers from superstitious ritual, celebration, maybe marking territory... but nothing decidedly arcane.

The shacks around you seem to have been built from planks and other pieces from a ship. Hanging in the center shack are several planks lashed together that display the name of the recycled ship. The Bearded Harpy


Female Elf Bard (Dervish Dancer) 3/Fighter 1

Syndlara looks out to sea, pointing toward where she saw the body go into the water in response to Tol's question. She smiles at Gatherine. "I know a trick or two," she says with a wink. "Actually, I haven't even seen another soul on the island besides you lot."


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

Iolana begins to strip of armor and gear.
"Syndlara,if you can point me in a more precise point the body was thrown in maybe i'll have a easier time lookig for it underwater"

Profession Sailor: how deep is the water? What underwater currents are here if any? 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

and these are the only clothes i have,better not have them soaked with sea water.....bah, naked again

Iolana blushes a little while finishing speaking:
"And Syndlara,hope it is not a problem for you seeing a naked human girl,but i'ld need to strip down to my loincloth"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dwarf Beast Rider Honor Guard (Cavalier) 3; AC 18/11/17; CMD 17; Saves +5/+2/+1 (+2 vs. pois., sp, sla); hp 28/31

Tol rolls his eyes while Iolana isn't looking. "Ahem. I'll stay here on the shore to stand guard and... assist Miss Gatherine with the digging. Now... Does anyone have a shovel?"

Little does Tol know, hisexperience swimming in the Tears of Grog fiasco has improved his abilities significantly, and he's now actually a better swimmer than Iolana...


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

Only because of the nonsense of this system.Tol's swim skill has a +3 from strength,he only has +1 rank in it.In RL Iolana would be a better swimmer having put 2 ranks in the skill.


Female Elf Bard (Dervish Dancer) 3/Fighter 1

Syndlara shrugs at Iolana. "Doesn't bother me any," she says. Never did understand the human taboo on nudity. "The body fell in about a hundred feet out."


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

"It isn't much of a problem to me too. Having lived on ships since my birth i had to learn how to live with the necessity to strip a lot,but sometimes there have been passangers who were troubled by naked crewmembers,so i ask,just for courtesy"

DM:how many swim rolls Iolana should make and which DC?


6 successful DC12 swim rolls will get you out there.


Oracle lvl 4 [ HP 26/34 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | CMD 17 | F +3 R +3 W +3 | Init +2 Per -2]

Mugambi has lost enough friends already. Be carefull Ma Iolana. the tribesman says fearfull of the waves.


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

Swim rolls:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 success 1
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 success 2
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 success 3
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 no progress
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 success 4
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 no progress
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 success 5
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 success 6

Once she is with only her loincloth,Iolana looks within her gear loaded on Gorra.She takes her rope then turns to the party:"Thank for your care Mugambi, i appreciate it.To be safe i'ld consider tiyng the corpse,if it is Averin's,so to swim back and haul him onshore;i'm afraid his armor will burden me too much to carry him myself,but my only rope is too short.Mr.Cherthand or gatherine, do you have more?"


Oracle lvl 4 [ HP 26/34 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | CMD 17 | F +3 R +3 W +3 | Init +2 Per -2]

Going through his backpack Mugambi pull out 50ft of coiled hemp rope and offers it to Iolana.


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

This time the girl pays no attention to her bare breasts,and starts binding the two ropes together are we assuming Iolana does so automatically or i have to roll something? Maybe Escape Artist?

"Thanks Mugambi,it should be enough;swimming with one hand holding one end of the rope won't hamper me as much as dragging an armored body"


rank in profession(sailor) is enough if no one is trying to break free
After joining the ropes, Iolana dives in..

Iolana:

You have a little difficulty with the undertow, but not enough for any real concern. You make it to the pillar Syndlara pointed out to you and descend. All around the pillar it looks like a garden of bone among the sparse coral and worn bits of the remnants of old wrecks. You see Averin's body immediately.
DC 10 Dex check to tie in 1rd. one DC 10 Con check to hold breath if you succeed, two if you fail and take longer to secure before surfacing.


Female Human (varisian) Magus 4

rolls:
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11 dex
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 con 1 failed
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 con 2 failed
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 con 3 failed
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 con 4 failed
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15 con 1 done
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 con 5 failed
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17 con 2 done
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 con 6 failed
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 con 7 failed
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 con 8 failed
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13 con 3 done
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 con 9 failed
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15 con 4 done
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 con 10 failed
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15 con 5 done
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14 con 6 done

If i got it right,Iolana went up and down until she got two consecutive DC10 constitution checks,or she drown :(

851 to 900 of 3,869 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Bloodgargler Serpent's Skull Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.