Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Bloodgargler's Kingmaker

Game Master BinkyBo

{Kingdom Tracking Sheet} {Downtime} {NPC list} {District Grid}


151 to 200 of 3,719 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Spoiler:
Init:3 | Per:8 | HP: 24/24 | AC:16 FF:15 T:14 | CMB:6 CMD:20 | F:3 R:5 W:7
Monk (Master of Many Styles) 3

@Smedley "Thanks Smedley, I am doing fine on supplies at the present."

@Everyone "While planning is not a bad idea, remember, the more complicated a plan, the more chance of something going wrong.
I don't think anything should seem out of the ordinary. If anything, I assume these bandits, having had a free reign for quite sometime, would not suspect much opposition even if they saw one or two of us. Maybe a couple of us could pose as simple travelers? I don't require a weapon so I could possibly hide in the open, so to speak."


Male Human (taldan) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 03

Rogar adresses Smedley question with an open smile:"Well, Smedley, in the future I may need your help in purchasing a new duelling sword, mine is good and all, but I've seen better and I've got the feeling I will need a better blade as soon as possible. Know I cannot pay for it at the moment, but check among blacksmiths for me and I may be able to repay your effort".

After the merchant has departed the young fighter moves inside and is rather appaled bt Oleg's performance:"My good man! That's NOT the way to handle a weapon! Maybe it would be better if you defended the ladies while we deal with these brigands"


After Alice speaks Oleg offers "Hmm.. . I don't get much business to begin with ... and rarely at sunrise,... otherwise I might agree. I'd certainly feel better if the lot of you could be right next to me... but I'm afraid they might be suspicious seeing anyone other than my wife."

Oleg nods to Rogar's advice "Maybe so... should we keep the south doors of the main house barred and I can run to the north door and lock it behind me?... Well, just work it out among yourselves and let me know..."


{HP 32/32 | AC17 T12 FF13 CMD17 | F/R/W 5/3/8 | Init +2 Per +11/13 SM+4} Female Human Druid 3 {Kingdom} {NPCs} {Downtime}

When discussing plans. "I will not be able to use my entanglement spell during the battle inside the outpost, though I can keep it prepared in case we do have to give chase outside."


Male hp: 35/35; AC:16/14-ff16/14-tch10; F+4, R+3, W+4; Initiative 0, Perception +5

"Lady Morell you are right, keep it simple. I hope they all get inside and most of them dismount. You and Green can hide behind the doors, Rogar in the stable, I can be behind the house on Murak. When they are on foot I step out from the house, diverting their attention. At this point, you and Green should close the gate, and Rogar show himself, while Oleg runs for safety. Lady De-win can have my crossbow and be on a roof or any good aiming spot."

"The charter talks about unrepentent banditry so I'll give them the chance to surrender and be arrested. Not hoping on that much, so be ready."

"Somebody has a better plan?"

Master, the tables by the fireplace can be moved out of the way or they are fixed in place?


Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 HP 30/44 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+8| Ref:+2 | Will:+3| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (Darkvision 60ft) | Speed 30

"No, sounds like a good plan to me, but as much as I hate to disagree with a lady", Here The Green Man directs a tusked grin at Alice, "I think it is best we go with the original plan of having everyone start out in hiding. We should not risk losing the element of surprise if at all possible."

"Since we cannot entangle the lot to force a quick resolution, we should do our best to surround them and make sure to keep them out in the open, lest they give us the run around too much."


the tables can be moved ... they are essentially wooden picnic tables in design - about 12 feet long. The ground inside the palisade is very much like primitive cobblestone .. it appears to be flatish top rocks (4 to 10 inches across) hammered into the earth, which seems to be mostly clay from what you see...the surface seems even less forgiving from the gate to the stable with a higher ratio of stone to clay. There is a slight angle to the ground and the roofs of the buildings to guide rainwater toward shallow ditches along the north and west outer walls to the northwest corner of the palisade through the middens into a gravel "drain".


Male Human (taldan) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 03

Rogar doesn't really seem interessed in the specifics of the plan looking around while other people make their points, then forcing himself not to yhawn he speaks up:"Well, as long as we can get them I don't forsee any real problems, these are just scum after all. I have got one question though, wouldn't they suspect something if Oleg will not be out there to greet them? Do they just take the loot and go away or also espect Oleg and Svetlana to witness the theft? Depending on the answer we could have very different situations on our hands"


"Oh I'll be there to greet them .... I'd rather Svetlana stay inside even though she's usually with me when they come.. Once the fighting starts though I will get out of your way and head to the north door of the main house. That is, unless it turns to a fist fight ... I know how to use these." holds up his balled fists, trying to maintain some machismo in spite of his combat uselessness.


Male hp: 35/35; AC:16/14-ff16/14-tch10; F+4, R+3, W+4; Initiative 0, Perception +5

"The man is always eager to fight, much less to plan." Norton looks at Rogar while he speaks "we need to find some kind of leash to make sure his energies don't spring at the wrong time."

"I have no experience in banditry, but I can say something about traps. The enemy you don't see is the one that's feared the most. The bandits know Oleg is around, and while they would find it normal that lady Svetlana is in hiding, not seeing him would put them on alert. They would call out for him, to make sure he is not up to something. Or at least that is what a precautious man would do." Norton smiles a little "I don't say Oleg has to greet'em, just show himself unarmed, to give the men confidence and lure them in a trap."


Spoiler:
Init:3 | Per:8 | HP: 24/24 | AC:16 FF:15 T:14 | CMB:6 CMD:20 | F:3 R:5 W:7
Monk (Master of Many Styles) 3

@The Greenman "No worries, I merely thought it'd be best if one of use was somewhat near Oleg in case the bandits sensed something awry and tried to endanger him."


Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 HP 30/44 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+8| Ref:+2 | Will:+3| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (Darkvision 60ft) | Speed 30

The Green Man nods at Alice.
"Fair point, and well made. But I do not think you become a trader in these parts without a fair degree of fortitude.
Besides, we best not make any changes beyond what is needed.
Goodwife Svetlana being absent can be explained, but her being absent AND a stranger in the midst?
If even ONE of the bandits is smart...or at the very least paranoid, it could be a problem."

Green eyes sweep the party assembled.
"We are a rather...formidable party, none of us would really fit in easily."

He shrugs a little and smiles wryly.
"I am just a healer however, I know little of war, and maybe I am over thinking this..."

"Speaking of which, how is our absent friend? Still feverish? Perhaps I should have a look?"


"I just checked on your friend .. her temperature seems fine... just sleeping. Regardless, I'm sure she will be safest locked in the main house with me." Svetlana shrugs and tucks a few errant locks back into her bandana.


Male Human (taldan) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 03

Rogar paces along the room, pondering; after a while he speaks his mind:"All good points. I agree with Oleg, it's better if he greets them and then goes back to the building and prepares to defend the ladies, not that I expect it to be necessary, but one never knows. What I'd like to suggest is this: we'll all stay hidden inside the palisade BUT for ser Ambrosi and lady Ta'de-Win. I think they should stay outside and mounted, we'll take care of thebandits inside the palisade while they will attack those who could possibly stay mounted and outside. This way they'll be cought between a rock and an hard place..."


Spoiler:
Init:3 | Per:8 | HP: 24/24 | AC:16 FF:15 T:14 | CMB:6 CMD:20 | F:3 R:5 W:7
Monk (Master of Many Styles) 3

"I like the idea of closing the doors behind our bandit intruders personally. It is less dependant on their actions, and puts more of us in a position to disable them as a threat. I will gladly hide behind a door if needed. Perhaps we should do a dry run to make sure these doors are easy to close for those behind them?"

Alice will test the right door (facing from inside)
Strength Check if needed. (16 str)
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


Male Human (taldan) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 03

The fighter considers Alice's point putting his hand on his chin, after she's finished he answers with an apologetic smile:"You are absolutely right. Having all of them inside the palisade is our best case scenario cause then none of them can escape. The problem is what happens if some of them do not enter. We should be prepared for that eventuality. Therefore me suggesting to have our "chivalry" outside closing the trap down on these thiefs. If they are all inside they'll get in a little later, but if some of them stay outside then they'll be able to catch any fleeing bandits, a thing we could not possibly do while fighting in the courtyard. Basically we cannot just plan for the best case scenario... that said I understand how this might very well be too much thinking for some looters, it's just I don't think any of them should escape. It will be so much easier to catch any eventual friends they might have if they are not warned of our presence beforehand by some escaped bandit..."


Doing a dry run, Alice has no difficulty with the weight of the door. In fact it seems she can close both doors and lower the 3" by 6" board to bar the door in less than 10 seconds.

EDIT: map relinks grid map
map with key


In the daytime you get a good view from the palisade towers. The landscape to the south is completely open plains. It has enough of a downward grade to evoke some inner child desire to run .. but not quite steep enough for good rolling. Norton and Ta'de-win both appreciate how much their mounts would enjoy it as well.
Oleg has told you it as about 8 miles to the forest, hard to believe it is that far with nothing but atmosphere obstructing your view.
As you look over the plains you notice dark clouds approaching from the west. A little after noon the rain clouds reach the fort...a quick cloudburst... clouds drained of the dark grey ...blue skies not far behind.
The ground inside the palisade gets a little slick - especially along the north and west walls - but it should dry before the sun goes down.


{HP 32/32 | AC17 T12 FF13 CMD17 | F/R/W 5/3/8 | Init +2 Per +11/13 SM+4} Female Human Druid 3 {Kingdom} {NPCs} {Downtime}

"Such a view. As most things in nature, a beauty to behold, but with hidden danger. In this case we would find it difficult to hide outside the outpost."


Oleg keeps his mind occupied by doing mundane chores throughout the afternoon. He cleans the stables and throws down the last of his hay from storage. He works on the gate bar trindle mechanism, making sure it closes smoothly. After stocking and arranging the shed he returns to the main house "Gonna spend some time with my wife.. We'll be out in a couple hours with some dinner. We'll finish up the last of the fresh produce we picked up from Gielgud Farms. If I don't live past tomorrow, at least I won't have to worry about doing the shopping. ...Four hour ride for fresh food... "


Male Human (taldan) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 03

Rogar grins widely at Oleg:"Don't worry too much, my good man, enjoy your time and have faith, you are not going to die tomorrow, some others will"


Oleg returns Rogar's smile, "Well you may want to get some rest now or after dinner. Sunrise is still a ways away."

at some point please give me coordinates of where you would like to be positioned for the ambush ... Oleg will be at (L,13) to greet them.


Male Human (taldan) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 03

Rogar will hide in H15, near the vagon itself. Of course he will do so if that spot provides a modicum of hiding space.


Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 HP 30/44 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+8| Ref:+2 | Will:+3| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (Darkvision 60ft) | Speed 30

The Green Man looks a little embarrassed, and when he speaks, his normally soft voice has been raised maybe one octave from sheer embarrassment.

"Not really used to trying to hide what with my size and all, anybody got an idea where I should place myself?"


Male Human (taldan) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 03

The would be swordlord gives and hearty laugh as he hears Green's admission, he slaps the half orc on the shoulders in a friendly gesture and speaks:"Don't worry my friend, even if your stature is indeed impressive I think we can easily manage to find a place to hide you... what do you think about the back of the storehouse? You can come out when they get to the caravan, or keep your distance in order to cast your spells"


if you mean inside the storage shed behind where Oleg will be..(around J-10 to M-10) yes he would be able to hide here behind and among the stacks of hides and furs.


Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 HP 30/44 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+8| Ref:+2 | Will:+3| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (Darkvision 60ft) | Speed 30

The Green Man shrugs a little, clearly still a touch bashfull.
"Fair enough, I'll have a go at that then."

The Green Man will thus hide at J10.


Male hp: 35/35; AC:16/14-ff16/14-tch10; F+4, R+3, W+4; Initiative 0, Perception +5

"Aren't Green and Miss Alice meant to close the doors. Can't they just hide behind each leaf, between the leaf and the wall, so when the time comes they just bush the two shut and be ready at the rear of the bandits?"


this is what I've gotten so far from whats been posted and guestimating from what Ta'de-win has said. I've included Oleg's planned path back to the house that would stay clear of Norton's charge. Feel free to adjust ... just giving you something to work with. Plan A<---map

EDIT: Plan B


Male hp: 35/35; AC:16/14-ff16/14-tch10; F+4, R+3, W+4; Initiative 0, Perception +5

I was thinking to put myself at w11-12 (Murak is 10 ft) and then approach the fight from the campfire side, so we have them surrounded.

"Lady Tar-de'win, do you prefer to fight hand to hand or rather use my crossbow from the wall?"


{HP 32/32 | AC17 T12 FF13 CMD17 | F/R/W 5/3/8 | Init +2 Per +11/13 SM+4} Female Human Druid 3 {Kingdom} {NPCs} {Downtime}

"Thank you for the offer of the weapon, but I will be fine with my own abilities. I can fight in both manners but a bit of distance serves me better."

Plan A is what I was thinking.


After dinner you go over the plan, weighing different options. Norton's desire for strategy is hampered by not knowing the extent of his allies' abilities, but morale seems high. The storage shed is arranged so Green man can hide behind a stack of crates but still be able to peek through directly south of his position.
A couple hours before sunrise, Oleg takes watch, just in case they decide to arrive early. Now is the time for last minute preparations. "Who should give the signal to uh .. when will you charge in?" he asks, returning to the fire pit to fill his belly a bit before returning to watch.

Ambush positions


The first signs of light appear... the fire is kept low. Oleg climbs down from the ladder west of the gate. "Yea I see em. About halfway across the plains. Riding slow and tight... looks like six of them. Should take em little over thirty minutes at that speed. Gods, Pharasma make cradles for us all... a half hour of my heart pounding like this.."

I will post bandits' arrival in about twelve hours


Male hp: 35/35; AC:16/14-ff16/14-tch10; F+4, R+3, W+4; Initiative 0, Perception +5

Replaying to Oleg.
"I'll give the signal. I'll wait till the most of them dismount then I'll walk into the open. Try to stay as far as you can from anyone. When I step in they will be distracted, you should grab that window and run, before they can act and use you as an hostage."

Speaking to all others.
"When I'm out and they are watching me, you can close the door and make yourself visible."


Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 HP 30/44 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+8| Ref:+2 | Will:+3| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (Darkvision 60ft) | Speed 30

"Like a pack of wolves, we will surround our prey and nip at their heels until they are bloody and confused.
Remember, taking one alive would be a good idea, we need more information."


Oleg gets into position .. nervous .. but feels much better knowing he has allies close enough to protect him. After quite a few minutes of being in place, you start to hear them. It sounds like a group of drunks returning from a long night out.
The clamor of laughter and chatter grows louder... Alice and Ta'de-win on either side of the gate are the first to be able to make out words.
"Yea yea hush now .. we got any left or have you wasted em all Budgie?"
"A few left boss."
"Alright alright. Hey! OOOOLEEEG!
" one of the bandits calls out with a drawn out lyrical taunt, and a few of the others barely stifle their snickering.


Spoiler:
Init:3 | Per:8 | HP: 24/24 | AC:16 FF:15 T:14 | CMB:6 CMD:20 | F:3 R:5 W:7
Monk (Master of Many Styles) 3

Alice will remain quiet, waiting for the best opportunity to spring into action.

If you need a stealth check for when they come in....
Stealth:

Spoiler:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


{HP 32/32 | AC17 T12 FF13 CMD17 | F/R/W 5/3/8 | Init +2 Per +11/13 SM+4} Female Human Druid 3 {Kingdom} {NPCs} {Downtime}

Here's Ta'de-win's Stealth check if needed:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19


Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 HP 30/44 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+8| Ref:+2 | Will:+3| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (Darkvision 60ft) | Speed 30

Oh nature, forgive me for staining you with this unclean blood this day.


You hear the hooves start to hit the hard packed earth of the road and entrance to the outpost. They've stopped talking ... Alice and Ta'de-win see the tiny cracks of light through the gate go dark repeatedly as the bandits pass their hiding places. The increasing light makes your confidence in your hiding a little less secure as you wait for the moment to strike.


"Well hello there good sir Oleg... up and at em pretty early are we? But *gasp* where is the missus? She must still be getting ready, eh?" You hear the sound of one man vaulting off his horse and his boots hitting the ground... "Shall I wake her?" .. a few snickers again... and the sound of another set of boots hitting the ground.


"Bah! " A low voice... almost sub-humanly deep and textured like the warning of a large cat. "Travel all morning, day and night and she don't come out to see u-" Happs cuts him off


"That's enough Hruska ..... Budgie lets show Oleg our new trick! .. he says excitedly


"Wha what are you doing? ... is that?"


"Budgie will throw the vial of alchemist fire ... and I will hit it out of the air and it will explode harmlessly... don't worry I've done at least twice... it won't hit your home... might wake up the missus though!"

I'll post initiative next post


Oleg loses his composure and shouts out "Now! Now! Now!"

combat map

initiative:

taking them by surprise gives you a surprise round and a penalty to their initiative.

Alice 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Green 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Norton 1d20 ⇒ 11
Rogar 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Sorcerer 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Ta'de-win 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Oleg 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Happs 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (10) - 5 = 5
Hruska 1d20 - 6 ⇒ (7) - 6 = 1
Bandits 1d20 - 7 ⇒ (17) - 7 = 10


{HP 32/32 | AC17 T12 FF13 CMD17 | F/R/W 5/3/8 | Init +2 Per +11/13 SM+4} Female Human Druid 3 {Kingdom} {NPCs} {Downtime}

Initiative hates me :( On my action I'll use a standard to slam the door shut.


When you come out of hiding you see two men off of their mounts.. one with a bow drawn(L-15), facing the house ... one holding the reins to two horses(K-16). The farthest north mounted bandit(N-15) is in the middle of throwing a vial high in the air above the house.

everyone gets one action in the surprise round... then initiative order


Male Human (taldan) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 03

On his turn Rogar will come out of hiding and attack the bandit leader (positioning himself in L14). Is there a way to scare the horses so they throw their riders down?


Alice and Ta'de-win risk a glance at the bandits near them and see a large horse burdened with a bloated man, leaned forward in his saddle - spinning a coiled rope in his warted meaty grip.
You see all of their slow confused reactions from both Oleg's shouting and the sudden eruption of the allies' charge.

@ Rogar You could try an intimidate check

new page reposting map

151 to 200 of 3,719 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Bloodgargler Kingmaker Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.