Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Bloodgargler's Kingmaker

Game Master BinkyBo

{Kingdom Tracking Sheet} {Downtime} {NPC list} {District Grid}


1,901 to 1,950 of 3,954 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>

{HP 32/32 | AC17 T12 FF13 CMD17 | F/R/W 5/3/8 | Init +2 Per +11/13 SM+4} Female Human Druid 3 {Kingdom} {NPCs} {Downtime}

"I will speak with Green." As Ta'de-win starts to walk away, she stops and turns to Rogar, seeming to want to say something. Instead she turns back and continues on.

Ta'de-win will go and find Green, though she will approach cautiously. Finding him, she will simply watch, allowing the man to make the first move, staying away yet not hiding from him.


Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 HP 30/48 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+8| Ref:+2 | Will:+3| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (Darkvision 60ft) | Speed 30

The Green Man has meanwhile retreated to a private corner of the trading post, where he has stripped his torso bare and is in the process of taking out his anger on a pile of defenceless and innocent wooden logs, splitting them one by one with a borrowed hatchet.

At first he does not notice anyone’s presence, merely grunting with each strike of the axe, sweat beading down his forehead and torso as he works.

Eventually he takes a pause long enough to wipe his forehead, which is when he notices Ta'de-win. At this point he also notices Furiel.

"Hello..."


Downtime Gnome Sorceror (draconic) 4

"Remember, Green, we chose an Entmoot as our form of of government. Think of how long it will take to decide on our flag."

Furiel tries to be cheerful.

"I am just along for the ride. I enjoy it while I can. Can't say the bickering part is fun, though."


Male Human (taldan) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 03

"Shall we go and try to work out a plan? says Rogar to Norton


Male hp: 35/35; AC:16/14-ff16/14-tch10; F+4, R+3, W+4; Initiative 0, Perception +5

"Right now I would be happy just with managing to pull the group together and leave for Bokken. Do you think you can hurry everyone up for a quick departure? I have a couple of questions for Grundy"
Then addressing the old man "What can you tell me about this Bokken? Who is he? Why would he help us? Is there anything we can do to make him to like us?"


Grundy mops his brow, and fills his mug with a gesture and mumbled word. After taking a few gulps of conjured water, he responds to Norton."Bokkens not a bad man. Think he went off by himself to get away from his crazy family... some relation to my late wife in fact. Can't say for sure if he'll help ya, but I think it'd be worth a looksee. Have faith in yourself, boy. Believe in what you are doing here. Your words will move hearts when your conviction is true." He throws back the rest of his water, and mops his brow again.


Male Human (taldan) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 03

"I say we saddle up and pay this man, Bekken a visit then! And we'll see what happens from there" says Rogar urging Norton towards the stables


Rillo and Bunyon get to work cannibalizing the wagon from prototype 2 to construct the hidden crossbow wagon. They send one of the laborers back north to the Gielgud Farm blacksmith for a couple custom pieces.

Oleg starts going through your spoils to have an estimate of worth by your return. You mount up and head east.

After 30 minutes of travel you enter a scrubby tall grassfield, and find a slightly overgrown trail heading the direction you were told to head. Several animal trails crisscross the path... cutting through the halfling-high grasses and dense weeds. To the east and south you see several small groves of trees.

include perception checks with your next posts plz


Male hp: 35/35; AC:16/14-ff16/14-tch10; F+4, R+3, W+4; Initiative 0, Perception +5

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

During the day, if its possible Norton talks with Errol trying again to pierce his discretion and learn something else about the man. Other topic would be Nitschada, who is she?


Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 HP 30/48 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+8| Ref:+2 | Will:+3| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (Darkvision 60ft) | Speed 30

The Green Man rides at the back of the pack, prefering silence and solutide for now, he is still seething quietly and not ready to socialize again.

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4


Downtime Gnome Sorceror (draconic) 4

Per: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Furiel hopes he can still ride with Green. If allowed on the same horse, he says not a word and looks over some scrolls he brought with him.


{HP 32/32 | AC17 T12 FF13 CMD17 | F/R/W 5/3/8 | Init +2 Per +11/13 SM+4} Female Human Druid 3 {Kingdom} {NPCs} {Downtime}

Ta'de-win takes the lead as normal, guiding through the terrain, keeping an eye out for dangers of the wild.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22 add 2 if natural surroundings


Human Mivoni Duelist Fighter(Cad) NPC

Errol rides near the center of the group, and looks around the terrain. "Had a field of tall grass like this near where I grew up. As a boy, I would often steal one of my father's swords and go out attacking weeds... defending the honor of imaginary maidens from clumps of razorgrass."

Seeming to note Norton's receptive ear he continues...
"Had no idea how complex life was about to become. I had always thought of my father as a hero... the respect I saw given to him by people and his.. palpable aura of pride..."

" Then, politics changed. His past deeds were seen in a much different light. The blame for the dark path I have followed does not lie with him. I let my bitterness as a child toward those people... and how their treatment of him crushed his spirit.. I let that fuel my ambition in aligning myself with what those people feared."

Furiel+Ta'de-win:

A few feet into the weeds on your left, you see a curved piece of worked wood which appears to be a wagon wheel. There is also a faint note of rot in the air.


Downtime Gnome Sorceror (draconic) 4

Furiel calls a halt.

"I see a piece of a wagon wheel and smell some rot. Let us look around here a bit."


Male hp: 35/35; AC:16/14-ff16/14-tch10; F+4, R+3, W+4; Initiative 0, Perception +5

Norton hears Furiel.
"Good spot Furiel."
"Ta'de-Win, Green check it out, see what's about."
"Rogar, you and Errol keep an eye on the surroundings, let's not get surprised."


Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 HP 30/48 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+8| Ref:+2 | Will:+3| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (Darkvision 60ft) | Speed 30

"Right..."

The Green Man dismounts and draws the greataxe from his back. Then, as soon as Ta'de-win joins him, he begins to carefully walk towards the the spot indicated by Furiel. He keeps a few steps ahead of Ta'de-win.


Green + Ta'de-win:

You see gaps in the tall grass ahead.. the ground here is uneven and there is a sizable half-buried rock near the broken cartwheel. The smell of death increases and you hear a scraping gnawing sound. You take another few steps and see three horse carcasses, two bodies in field plate bent in impossible angles, and a broken cart that looks like it is covered in fur... wriggling fur. There are dozens and dozens of rats possibly hundreds chewing on everything over the roughly 30' area. They do not immediately react to your presence...

Green is 25' away when he can see them, Ta'de-win 40'... area is about 70' away from main path. Plz provide stealth check if applicable with your post/action.


Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 HP 30/48 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+8| Ref:+2 | Will:+3| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (Darkvision 60ft) | Speed 30

Ooops...not good.

The Green Man holds up a hand to stop Ta'De-Win in case she did not notice as well.
He then motions for her to begin backing up.
I'm not good at stealth...let her back off first and then I'll try.


{HP 32/32 | AC17 T12 FF13 CMD17 | F/R/W 5/3/8 | Init +2 Per +11/13 SM+4} Female Human Druid 3 {Kingdom} {NPCs} {Downtime}

Seeing the scene ahead, Ta'de-win carefully backs away from the sight, hoping all goes well.

Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22


Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 HP 30/48 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+8| Ref:+2 | Will:+3| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (Darkvision 60ft) | Speed 30

Once he senses that Ta'De-Win has got a headstart in getting away, The Green Man slowly begins to back away from the swarm of rats.

Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Oh dear...


Male Human (taldan) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 03

Rogar looks intensely at Norton but says nothing and scans his sorroundings... or tries to do it with as much enthusiasm as he can muster:

Perception check:1d20 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 = 4


Green:

Your backpedaling through the weeds as you move away from the rats draws their attention You see their heads pop up and eye peer at you. There is a wretched chorus of screechlike squeaking. The rats move toward you like a wave that passes over the wreckage and corpses, and then disappears into the tall weeds.

map (brown splotches are rat swarms... while in the weeds they have concealment 20% miss chance) (Row S and above is difficult terrain)

roll initiatives when ya can plz
rat swarm initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


Downtime Gnome Sorceror (draconic) 4

init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


{HP 32/32 | AC17 T12 FF13 CMD17 | F/R/W 5/3/8 | Init +2 Per +11/13 SM+4} Female Human Druid 3 {Kingdom} {NPCs} {Downtime}

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 HP 30/48 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+8| Ref:+2 | Will:+3| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (Darkvision 60ft) | Speed 30

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

"TROUBLE!!!"


Male hp: 35/35; AC:16/14-ff16/14-tch10; F+4, R+3, W+4; Initiative 0, Perception +5

Initiative 1d20 ⇒ 20


The rats swarm in over and around Green. Within seconds he is covered to his waist in the filthy brown shaggy vermin.
1d6 ⇒ 2 damage plus DC12 fort save vs disease

Round 1
2 rat swarms - acted (double move, swarm 1 auto damage as swarm)
Norton
Rogar
Ta'de-win
Green
Furiel
(Errol holding until commanded)

map

Rogar Init: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 HP 30/48 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+8| Ref:+2 | Will:+3| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (Darkvision 60ft) | Speed 30

"Rrragh! Gah!"

Fort save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

The Green Man, seized by primal fear and anger stomps around himself, swinging his axe and almost trying to bite the rats.
He is desperatly trying to keep the swarming rats of his body.


Downtime Gnome Sorceror (draconic) 4

"Hit 'em and get clear, Green. I'm coming."

Furiel tries to spur the horse to go after the rats.

ride untrained: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Remarkably, he doesn't fall off. His horsemanship is quite good actually.

Sprint x4 move with horse.


Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 HP 30/48 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+8| Ref:+2 | Will:+3| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (Darkvision 60ft) | Speed 30

"Argh! Gah! Don't wait, burn them! Get them off me! Burn them now! I can take it!"


Male hp: 35/35; AC:16/14-ff16/14-tch10; F+4, R+3, W+4; Initiative 0, Perception +5

Norton casts Feather Steps on Murak and spurs him towards Green.

"Green, get out of there! Furiel get some blast ready, I'll try to get their attention."

Norton will move as close to Green as possible, I'm not sure how much movement Murak is allowed to do between the spell and normal movement.


{HP 32/32 | AC17 T12 FF13 CMD17 | F/R/W 5/3/8 | Init +2 Per +11/13 SM+4} Female Human Druid 3 {Kingdom} {NPCs} {Downtime}

Round 1

"Green!" Ta'de-win calls out, concern spreading on her face. Focusing her mind, she summons forth a spirit of fire in the the form of a ball. As she watches the orb appears amidst the rats on green, a spongy flame lighting the rats afire.

Cast Flaming Sphere at C11.

Flaming Sphere, Reflex DC 16: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 4) = 11


Murak carries Norton swiflty through the weeds. Furiel is able to urge Green's horse toward the shaman as well, however, she must work her way through with high steps to avoid getting tripped up in the foliage. Ta'de-win's ball of fire appears amidst the swarm on Green... you can smell the singed rat hair immediately, but they seem to avoid most of the flame.

Swarm1 Ref Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

map

Bottom of Round 1
Green
Furiel you have an action coming, but your horse has moved it's full possible in difficult terrain.(double move)
end of round


Downtime Gnome Sorceror (draconic) 4

Furiel attempts a quick dismount DC 15 ride--failure=spend move to dismount to L8ride: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Furiel stumbles off his mount and causes a ball of fire to appear in his hands, he immediately tosses it at the far left swarm. He misses wildly.
touch/damge: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 71d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Two rounds of produce flame left


Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 HP 30/48 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+8| Ref:+2 | Will:+3| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (Darkvision 60ft) | Speed 30

No, THAT is Greens action, I'm really playing up to the fear he is feeling from the situation.


The rats continue to cover Green, the other wave of rats swarms in around Murak... scaling the legs of Norton's mount. The grasses around the magical fire start to blacken and smoke. Rising above the sound of the conflict, you can hear ire-piqued Rogar asking what Errol expects him to do against rats, presumably in response to an unheard comment from the Mivoni.

1d6 ⇒ 5 damage to Green plus DC12 Fort save vs disease
1d6 ⇒ 5 damage to Murak plus DC12 Fort save vs disease

Round 2
2 rat swarms - acted
Norton
Ta'de-win
Green
Furiel

map


Male hp: 35/35; AC:16/14-ff16/14-tch10; F+4, R+3, W+4; Initiative 0, Perception +5

"Geen, get out of here! There is nothing you can do."
Norton moves murak on the other side of the swarm E12-F14
"Ta' roll that ball on Green's swarm again. Furiel, hit something!"

Murak Fort save 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 HP 30/48 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+8| Ref:+2 | Will:+3| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (Darkvision 60ft) | Speed 30

The Green Man manages to collect his wits enough to move, trying to escape the biting and clawing rats.
He rushes headlong towards Furiel.
"Gah, they are in my armor, they are in my armor!"

Move as far straight down as possible please.


{HP 32/32 | AC17 T12 FF13 CMD17 | F/R/W 5/3/8 | Init +2 Per +11/13 SM+4} Female Human Druid 3 {Kingdom} {NPCs} {Downtime}

Round 2

Ta'de-win focuses on the sphere of flame, attempting to push it over the rats as best able, hoping the animal's fear of fire would drive them away. She retrieves her sling to provide help from a distance.

Move action to move Flaming Sphere to C10, standard to draw sling.

Flaming Sphere, Reflex DC 16: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 1) = 8


Downtime Gnome Sorceror (draconic) 4

Furiel moves toward Green and launches more fire at the already singed rats.

touch/damage: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 191d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
He misses hitting the rats in a vulnerable spot but Burns many of them.

confirm/damage: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 71d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

move h9. 1 round prod. Flame left.


Ta'de-win's ball of flame rolls into the swarm, but the rats are again too quick... they are able to avoid the fire. Furiel's flame lands near where the rats had bunched up... some scatter into the weeds (which are now starting to burn), some bleed into the second swarm which is now moving toward Furiel and Green.

Ref Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

The rats start climbing up Furiel then drop when they get close to the flame in his hand. They continue to do this... biting into wherever they can get without being too close to his conjured fire.
1d6 ⇒ 3 damage to Furiel, plus DC12 Fort save vs disease

Round 3
rat swarm - acted
Norton
Ta'de-win
Green
Furiel

map


Male hp: 35/35; AC:16/14-ff16/14-tch10; F+4, R+3, W+4; Initiative 0, Perception +5

Norton moves with Murak to cover the others' retreat 8I-9J
"Green, keep moving south, get out of reach. Ta', keep rolling that ball, Furiel climb up with me and roast these vermins."
He lends a hand to the Gnome to help him on the back of the horse.


Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 HP 30/48 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+8| Ref:+2 | Will:+3| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (Darkvision 60ft) | Speed 30

"Yes...yes....away, away from me! Gah..."

The Green Man, jaw clenched so tightly his teeth treathen to crack under the strain, continues to move away from the rats, stumbling away, one hand franticly rubbing his eyes.
Don't...Don't....

Two move actions south.


Downtime Gnome Sorceror (draconic) 4

"I can cast better on the ground."

Furiel retreats and launches another ball of flame hitting the rat pack squarely and burning many, the flames stop forming on his hands.

Fort/touch/damage: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 221d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 161d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
25/28hp move to L9 use last round of produce flame


{HP 32/32 | AC17 T12 FF13 CMD17 | F/R/W 5/3/8 | Init +2 Per +11/13 SM+4} Female Human Druid 3 {Kingdom} {NPCs} {Downtime}

Round 3

Ta'de-win focuses on the sphere of flame once again, bringing it south back into the swarm followed by a sling stone.

Move action to move Flaming Sphere to H10, standard to use sling.

Flaming Sphere, Reflex DC 16: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 4) = 14

Sling: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2


Many of the rats curl and smolder from Furiel's last blast of flame. The remaining vermin move under Murak before Ta'de-win can will the ball of fire to them. Some of the grasses catch fire... a sizable blaze looks possible.

1d6 ⇒ 1 damage to Murak, plus DC12 Fort save vs disease.
Ref Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Round 4
Rats - acted
Norton
Ta'd-win
Green
Furiel

map


{HP 32/32 | AC17 T12 FF13 CMD17 | F/R/W 5/3/8 | Init +2 Per +11/13 SM+4} Female Human Druid 3 {Kingdom} {NPCs} {Downtime}

Round 4

Watching as the flame burns out and the rats swarm Murak, Ta takes up her sling and sends another stone into the swarm.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
1d4 ⇒ 1

Is it just me, or does this not seem like it should be effective? Sometimes rules confuse me.


Downtime Gnome Sorceror (draconic) 4

Furiel shouts: "Protect the horse."

Using his gnome magic abilities, Furiel recreates his flaming balls of fire and hurls one at the swarm. He claps his hands in glee as he catches a mass of them with his fire.
Gnomish magic, produce flame again.
hit touch/damage: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 181d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Male hp: 35/35; AC:16/14-ff16/14-tch10; F+4, R+3, W+4; Initiative 0, Perception +5

Murak moves north, Norton trying to attract the swarm to him, away fro, the others. H8-I9
"Attack, but keep your distance, Murak and I can outrun the rats anytime."


Furiel's flame slams into the swarm as it turns to follow Murak and Norton. Though some may have scattered, the swarm is decimated by the fire. A few tufts of flame remain in the field just to your north. The air is still, but the grasses are fairly dry.
Norton is first to spot from his position and height, a hole in the ground near a rotted stump becoming more visible as the grass covering it burns away. A boar's skull appears to be fixed to the far side of it... so it hangs over those who enter. The hole/tunnel is small; it would be a tight fit for even Furiel.

1,901 to 1,950 of 3,954 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Bloodgargler Kingmaker Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.