Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Bloodgargler's Kingmaker

Game Master BinkyBo

{Kingdom Tracking Sheet} {Downtime} {NPC list} {District Grid}


1,651 to 1,700 of 3,522 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>

Ta'de-win:

You notice Errol's eyes dart over to look at something, turn look and see a small black bird fly out of one of the many dark holes that could be caves in the face of the kobolds lair. It flies north.

Sense Motive DC12: He suddenly seems more smug... or knows something.(fail=you don't notice)

Kobolds start coming out of the entrance... Nabkim perks up, and the third kobold (wearing a large avian skull as a headdress and other adorments that set him apart from the others) addresses him, and speaks in Common.. "Shaman Tartuk is dead. Longblade human killed him."
Nabkim looks like he is about to charge into the tunnel. The Chief holds out a hand and says a few words presumably in Draconic.
Errol starts laughing.


{HP 32/32 | AC17 T12 FF13 CMD17 | F/R/W 5/3/8 | Init +2 Per +11/13 SM+4} Female Human Druid 3 {Kingdom} {NPCs} {Downtime}

GM:

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
If possible, Ta'de-win will attempt to take down the bird (preferably with Storm Burst, but sling if over 30' away).
Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 30' range for Storm Burst vs. Touch AC, 20' range increment for sling).

Either way, she'll do the following.

Ta'de-win turns to the chief. "And what of my companions?"


Ta'de-win:

The storm burst hits. The bird is smacked by the blast.

roll damage please

The Chief responds "They are fine. Mikmek says they can handle a troll."


{HP 32/32 | AC17 T12 FF13 CMD17 | F/R/W 5/3/8 | Init +2 Per +11/13 SM+4} Female Human Druid 3 {Kingdom} {NPCs} {Downtime}

GM:
I actually didn't expect to hit. Nice!
Storm Burst Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) HP 38/44 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+8| Ref:+2 | Will:+3| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (See in Darkness) | Speed 30

The Green Man, bleeding heavily from his chest growls deeply all the way back in his throat like an angry bear.
The pain is only registered in the most basic way for him now, and it only serves to pour more red rage into him.
Lifting his axe once more he scrapes it along the wall as he pulls back, the sparks illuminating his crazed expression as he swings forward.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Damage: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Rage, 4 rounds used.


Downtime Gnome Sorceror (draconic) 4

Furiel will repeat his fountain of colors exactly.
"Hold on Green."
Obvious concern is on his face.
Same spell and area of effect.


Green's blow brings the troll down with a thump. It lies there prone and unmoving.

Ta'de-win:

The bird drops to the ground knocked out. It appears to be carrying a tiny rolled note.
Errol makes a comment... "Whoa... nice shot."


Downtime Gnome Sorceror (draconic) 4

"Woohoo, Green put a troll down."

Furiel uses gnome magic to produce flames again. With a flourish he puts two balls of flames into the troll from close up.
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 41d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 9 Fire damage from the 'double tap of fire'


Male Human (taldan) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 03

"Good work, people. Now I guess we have to discuss the terms of the alliance with these kobolds. I hope they won't give us any further trouble after they saw what we can do..." Rogar smiles broadly as he finishes cleaning his blade from the troll's blood an the creature garments.


{HP 32/32 | AC17 T12 FF13 CMD17 | F/R/W 5/3/8 | Init +2 Per +11/13 SM+4} Female Human Druid 3 {Kingdom} {NPCs} {Downtime}

GM:
With an eye still trained on Errol, Ta'de-win retrieves the bird and carefully examines the note attached to it.


Male hp: 35/35; AC:16/14-ff16/14-tch10; F+4, R+3, W+4; Initiative 0, Perception +5

"Mikmek, you should probably go on and take care of the remaining as Chief said."
Then to the others "Let's see if we can close this one with some sort of barbecue."
And starts walking toward the outside to check on the others.


Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) HP 38/44 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+8| Ref:+2 | Will:+3| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (See in Darkness) | Speed 30

The Green Man, his red rage not fully satisfied stands before the troll, roaring in anger.
He then steps over the now charred corpse of the troll and raises his axe high.
With a series of mighty blows he severs the head of the beast, holding the bloody thing up with a roar of triumph.
Only then does the rage leave him and he slumps a little from both wounds and fatigue.
Panting heavily, he walks over to the shaman and brings a foot down on his neck, making sure that neither it nor the troll will benefit from the healing powers he then calls upon.

Channel energy: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Channel energy: 1d6 ⇒ 4


The torch wielding kobolds start to approach the troll... then stop while Green hacks into the body, then timidly move in as Green walks off to burn the remains.

Ta'de-win:

The note reads: The mites and kobolds are decimated. Find my remains and bring me back as I was... as we agreed.


Male Human (taldan) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 03

Rogar chuckles moving away while Green hacks the dead troll to pieces. He motions for Norton to walk with him :"So... where's that chief kobold with the strange hat. I think you've better to do the talking, I risk telling him what I think about this farce of a tribe. Just remember they owe us big time because we delivered them from the evil shaman and his huge kobold eating troll... I trust the little lizards will be suitably impressed by our display of strength..." finishes Rogar smiling widely.


Male hp: 35/35; AC:16/14-ff16/14-tch10; F+4, R+3, W+4; Initiative 0, Perception +5

"Yeah, they are probably impressed, first the mites, then the shaman and the troll. My hope is that they will gladly go back to their prior nest, the quarry here by is something I would like to be clear from moody neighbors. Sun is going down, so the kobolds should be glad to stay outside. Dinner in front of a bonfire should set mind at ease, but chance are we are not going to like the food much."
He smiles and reaches the cave entrance with Rogar.


{HP 32/32 | AC17 T12 FF13 CMD17 | F/R/W 5/3/8 | Init +2 Per +11/13 SM+4} Female Human Druid 3 {Kingdom} {NPCs} {Downtime}

GM:
Ta'de-win briefly reads the note, then stows it on her person before she tends to the bird struck by her storm. If still possible to help the creature, she will go about making it comfortable as she returns to her position watching the prisoners. She addresses the kobold with the avian skull. "I would believe you are the chieftan of your tribe? Tell me, do you recognize this bird?"


You exit the cave and see those who evacuated standing with Ta'de-win, Errol, and the the two still unconscious prisoners. You hear Chief Sootscale responding to Ta'de-win.
"No.. it is not the shaman's pet, Tickbiter."

Ta'de-win:

There are no obvious signs of permanent damage to the bird... there is a good chance it is just stunned.


{HP 32/32 | AC17 T12 FF13 CMD17 | F/R/W 5/3/8 | Init +2 Per +11/13 SM+4} Female Human Druid 3 {Kingdom} {NPCs} {Downtime}

Seeing the others emerge from the cave she calls out to them. "I am glad to see Mikmek's faith in you all was not misplaced." She turns back to the chieftan. "So this Tartuk, he had a bird like this one then?" She can be seen holding an unconscious bird as she speaks.


Male hp: 35/35; AC:16/14-ff16/14-tch10; F+4, R+3, W+4; Initiative 0, Perception +5

Norton sees Ta holding a bird and remembers the one the shaman let loose.
"With all due respect I'm getting sick of all these birds"
Then to the chief "We took care of the troll, Mikmek and the others are burning the remains, shall we sit down and talk a little hoping no other interruptions come our way?"
He speaks casually about the troll trying to give the impression that dealing with them is a matter of everyday.


{HP 32/32 | AC17 T12 FF13 CMD17 | F/R/W 5/3/8 | Init +2 Per +11/13 SM+4} Female Human Druid 3 {Kingdom} {NPCs} {Downtime}

"Perhaps while the chief organizes his people, you can inform me of the events inside, Norton?"


"Yes. We can speak now." The chief puffs up, and shoos the peons away.
"You have done good for us. Have done good, and done good well. Brought the foul statue to me, not Tartuk. Killed Tartuk who did not deserve to die by kobold spear. You kill troll with ease... and treat me with respect."
"We are not kobolds of civilizations sewers... living off of humans' scraps. We are dragonblood. Remember this with this talk."
He gives a couple orders to prepare a places to sit, and quickly consults with Mikmek and Nabkim.


Two of the kobolds that had stayed to torch the troll bring out Shaman Tartuk's body, and approach Rogar. One of them, a grunt with a stubby snout, speaks "Claim teh spoils, before we trow him in teh field to rot in sun... (not seeing enough appreciation from Rogar which he then assumes is from lack of understanding) no honor... no bury. Soo bad kobold death."


Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) HP 38/44 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+8| Ref:+2 | Will:+3| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (See in Darkness) | Speed 30

"It is fair, he was a useless thing in life, but in death he can feed the animals and thus become useful in the circle of life."


Male hp: 35/35; AC:16/14-ff16/14-tch10; F+4, R+3, W+4; Initiative 0, Perception +5

While the chief is busy arranging up the sitting place Norton brings the druid up to speed.
"As we expected the shaman wasn't too happy with us. Actually he was so unhappy he tried to fight and unleashed a troll against us. Rogar and Green took care of both."

"What do you reckon, was that bird flying to alert someone? I saw the shaman set it free, Where was it headed?"


Male Human (taldan) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 03

Hearing the chief vaunting his tribe's "might", Rogar puts an hand on his face but manages to say nothing:"Yeah... dragonblood indeed... hidden heirs of House Rogarvia... no doubt! And maybe the chief is Choral himself reborn!"
Stiffling a laugh the would be swordlord follows the kobolds to the shaman's corpse:"Very well. We'll take the corpse, I said I'd turn him into a pair of boots and I meant it. As for the loot we'll check for ourselves, thank you" so saying Rogar lifts the shaman's corpse and brings it towards Green and Furiel.


Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) HP 38/44 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+8| Ref:+2 | Will:+3| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (See in Darkness) | Speed 30

"When this is all done, we might want to check the shamans quarters, maybe there might be some clues about where that bird went, previous correspondence, that sort of thing."

The Green Man lowers himself onto the ground ponderously, gingerly massaging his leg.
While more nimble than he used to be, the wound still troubles him, especially during rain.

"Let me ask this bluntly chief Sootscale, will you now reclaim your old lair, or is this where you plan on staying?
Wherever you make your home, you may want to step up the defenses, whomever your shaman reported to might still have an interest in your clan.
...
...
That might actually be a good argument for moving back, but it is your decision chief."

A little respect goes a long way, let someone think it is their idea or their choice and more often than not you can make them pick the right one.


Chief Sootscale replies "This is one of our caves used generations ago, but now just for fighting away from our home. This place important to protect our home. It is like...(he seems to struggle with the words) like door to many tunnels below and one leads many miles to our home."


{HP 32/32 | AC17 T12 FF13 CMD17 | F/R/W 5/3/8 | Init +2 Per +11/13 SM+4} Female Human Druid 3 {Kingdom} {NPCs} {Downtime}
Norton Ambrosi wrote:

While the chief is busy arranging up the sitting place Norton brings the druid up to speed.

"As we expected the shaman wasn't too happy with us. Actually he was so unhappy he tried to fight and unleashed a troll against us. Rogar and Green took care of both."

"What do you reckon, was that bird flying to alert someone? I saw the shaman set it free, Where was it headed?"

Ta'de-win pulls out the note, "I may be able to help with a part of that." She shows him the note she found on the bird.

The note reads: wrote:

The mites and kobolds are decimated. Find my remains and bring me back as I was... as we agreed.

In a hushed voice, "And it may do us well to ask Errol what he knows. My attention was drawn to this creature by his own glance, and I did not like the demeanor he displayed."


Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) HP 38/44 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+8| Ref:+2 | Will:+3| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (See in Darkness) | Speed 30

"Let me be blunt with you chief, warriors like us should see eye to eye yes?
This land is going to see changes, and there may be no room for a middle ground.
We would like an alliance with your tribe, and I believe we have proved our worth more than once.
Stand together with us; add the blood of the dragons to our cause."

The Green Man turns to Mikmek and places a massive hand on his shoulder.
"This brave warrior was the one who told us of the value of your tribe, it is largely because of him we are here, if you agree to an alliance, someone should work as a go between, as an honourable emissary.
Who better than one who already knows us, and who have demonstrated bravery and skill so far?"


Downtime Gnome Sorceror (draconic) 4

Furiel smiles at Mikmek and continues to keep a low profile.


Male hp: 35/35; AC:16/14-ff16/14-tch10; F+4, R+3, W+4; Initiative 0, Perception +5

Norton keeps talking with Ta as the chief seems busy with Green. "I believe this message was intended for Saldor, it's probably him behind the clashes between the mites and the kobolds"
Then looks at the second part of the message.
"What do you think this means? That someone took the place of the shaman? Could it be possible, can we find it out now?"
Then looks at Rogar dealing with the corpse.
"Rogar, is anything strange with that body?"


Male Human (taldan) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 03

Rogar eyes the dead shaman's corpse carefully:

Perception check:1d20 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1

Edit:"Yes Ambrosi! It's a dead kobold! That's enough to consider it strange in my book! It's soon to be put to good use though!"

Btw... what about the loot from this rancid creature's body? :D


Male hp: 35/35; AC:16/14-ff16/14-tch10; F+4, R+3, W+4; Initiative 0, Perception +5

"Is there anyway we can check the corpse for magic?"
Knowledge Arcana 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


The chief nods his head quietly with a serious look on his face, and continues to do so for a pregnant pause. He then inhales deeply and responds to Green "Then it is decided. We will return to our home. You be our shield from above, and we be yours below. Mikmek will lead the force that returns here, and guards our door until those who speak our name as friend secure these lands from those who would do us harm." He turns to Mikmek who looks like he is about to speak... the chief cuts him off "You have done well, and I give you this honor Mikmek... last of the tyrant clan. I can give you no more. Harblik and Nimno will stay with you until I can send others."

Tartuk's possessions:

wand
staff
bracers
satchel with rations and
journal with
a scroll tucked inside


Downtime Gnome Sorceror (draconic) 4

Furiel detects magic.
Know Arcana troll corpse1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Know Arcana item1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Know Arcana item1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Know Arcana item1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Know Arcana item1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Know Arcana item1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Know Arcana item1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


Furiel:

There is nothing remarkable about the kobold corpse. No spell component pouch, so most likely his arcane ability was inherent like you rather than learned like a wizard.
His wand is a wand of pyrotechnics CL3 22 charges remaining
The forked dark grey staff has a moderate aura... and varied. You can't quite pin down what it is, might be divine magic.
The bracers are minor abjuration magic (bracers of armor+1)
The scroll in the journal is Fly.
The journal is written in a language you can't read.


{HP 32/32 | AC17 T12 FF13 CMD17 | F/R/W 5/3/8 | Init +2 Per +11/13 SM+4} Female Human Druid 3 {Kingdom} {NPCs} {Downtime}

Ta'de-win will examine the kobold shaman's body for anything unusual.

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Heal: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Not sure if I can learn much without Local, but I'll try.


Ta'de-win:

Nothing stands out as unusual regarding his body... he is a bit more purple-hued than any of the others, but you think it is within the normal colorings for kobolds.
Death by stab and slash, serious smash to the neck after death.


Downtime Gnome Sorceror (draconic) 4

Furiel explains, "The bracers act as minimal armor and the wand causes a fire display. The staff is the best of the lot and probably divine--Ta'de-win, you should take it. There is also a scroll that let's you fly."

"If no one objects, I'll take all but the staff for now."

If that skews the treasure too much to me, I still have a cloak of resistance that anyone can wear.


Male Human (taldan) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 03

"Yeah, yeah... keep that stuff for all I care Furiel... I can't say there's anything I like among it anyway. By the way, I gather this whole kobold business to be at an end, right? If they promise to behave themselves we can go, I think we have more important matters to attend to, like properly exploring the rest of our domain..." Rogar seem pretty impatient to leave


Embermaw Kobold Clan Leader

Most of the kobolds start preparations to leave. Mikmek approaches with two runty kobolds behind him. "Make tents here? Welcome to join me, Harblik and Nimno in the cave for the night... Nasty things come out at night here."


Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) HP 38/44 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+8| Ref:+2 | Will:+3| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (See in Darkness) | Speed 30

"Right, that sounds fine by me, how about showing me the shamans old quarters? I'd like to commune with the spirits and cleanse this place of his influence."

Or just check for anything interesting...


Male Human (taldan) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 03

Rogar gives Mikmek a long hard look:"... Fine! But after that you'll have to deal with your problems yourselves! If I wasn't sure you Kobolds love each others like brothers I would say your chief doesn't like you and your friends very much, Mikmek..."


Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) HP 38/44 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+8| Ref:+2 | Will:+3| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (See in Darkness) | Speed 30

Does he mean that the chief only agreed with my request because he wanted MikMek gone? That thought never occured to me.
Well, if that is the truth, then this may be MikMek's chance to make a name for himself independantly.
It will all work out in the end, and if it doesn't, I have a VERY large axe.


Male hp: 35/35; AC:16/14-ff16/14-tch10; F+4, R+3, W+4; Initiative 0, Perception +5

"Well then, let's make camp, we can share food and stories around a fire."
Norton is quite happy of the outcome, the group is alive, the bloodshed has been minimum and the kobolds are on the good side.


Embermaw Kobold Clan Leader

"I will show you the way." Mikmek heads into the cave, and heads in the direction from which the troll appeared. There is a room, nearly the size of the main room, with worktables and shelves filled with mostly broken arcane, alchemical, and occult paraphernalia. Two of the worktables are overturned, and bloody "clamps" with chains lie on the floor.(appears to be the means by which Tartuk kept the troll from regenerating)
On the far side of the room are a couple of grungy piles with a few shiny objects glinting through the filth.
"I will be outside if you need anything." Mikmek leaves... his tone sounds like he would rather forget about Tartuk than stick around.


Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) HP 38/44 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+8| Ref:+2 | Will:+3| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (See in Darkness) | Speed 30

The Green Man sighs deeply, disturbed by the signs of depravity and evil performed here.
"Trolls are more natural than what happened here, tis' a sin against nature."

Going around the room, The Green Man begins to collect items, clean up, turn the tables back up and generally make the place a little more comfortable.
Next he casts a spell to detect magic.
Finally he expends a burst of positive energy to appease the spirits that may linger in the room.

"A great evil took place here; we must make sure nothing like this happens again."

After doing his bit, The Green Man gathers up what pieces may have caught his fancy and heads to find MikMek again.
"It is done, the room is clear."


Tartuk's room contents:

In the room you find 726gp worth of coin,
a longsword, a quiver of 7 arrows, and shield... all of better than good quality.
a pouch filled with some powder.
and a plain bronze ring set with a pearl.


Male Human (taldan) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 03

Rogar searches for a comfortable spot where to sleep in and after deciding with the others the turns of watch he lays down:"Good night everyone. Wake me up when it is my turn. And keep an eye on the prisoners. I would hate for them to run away after all we went throygh not to kill them"


Downtime Gnome Sorceror (draconic) 4

Furiel thanks Mikmek for his help.
"Your tribe has a much better future now."

1,651 to 1,700 of 3,522 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Bloodgargler Kingmaker Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.