Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Bloodgargler's Kingmaker

Game Master BinkyBo

{Kingdom Tracking Sheet} {Downtime} {NPC list} {District Grid}


1,601 to 1,650 of 3,323 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>

Downtime Gnome Sorceror (draconic) 4

Furiel begins to cast enlarge on Green as soon as things look bad.
There isn't much more impressive things than a large Green Man!

Note, it has a full round casting time, so it will not be completed till the start of Furiel's next turn.


Male Human (taldan) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 03

Will save:1d20 - 2 ⇒ (19) - 2 = 17

Initiative check:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

"I warned you... you're going to make a lovely pair of boots!"

Edit: Shouldn't Furiel roll for initiative and the will check before posting actions? Besides... Enlarge someone in a narrow cavern meant for kobolds? Really?


Downtime Gnome Sorceror (draconic) 4

The map looks full sized. I was thought we had some prep time. If not, I will wait.


Male Human (taldan) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 03

??? Wait for what? The will save and Initiative check are mandatory, thay are the first things you need to do before doing anything else... so... why wait?


You should be able to get the spell off regardless, but you will need to make a will save. Your spell will go off at the end of your turn in round one, and you will need an Initiative roll for that.

kobold will saves:

H,181d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18
I,151d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12
J,191d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10
L,201d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8
M,161d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7
M,191d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15
N,171d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4
N,201d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
O,161d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19
O,181d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
Chief1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Mikmek1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6


NPC init:

Kobold Grunts 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Chief Sootscale 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Mikmek 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Shaman Tartuk 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Tickbiter 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


Downtime Gnome Sorceror (draconic) 4

Will save/Initiative
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 101d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Failing save should trigger DC14 concentration check to complete enlarge. Concentration 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Blinded by lights, Furiel cannot focus to complete his spell.
I hope the others are Ok. "I can't see."


Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2

Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

The Green Man is taken by surprise and unable to close his eyes in time, suffering the full blinding flash to his face.
Hoping to not reveal his weakness, the Green Man fights against his reaction to rub his eyes or blink rapidly, instead staring with open eyes towards the area the flash came from.

You want a fort save to do that or maybe a bluff check to try to not show weakness?


Round 1
Tickbiter - holds action
Rogar
Mikmek
Chief Sootscale
Kobold Grunts
Norton
Furiel
Green

@Green - either would work.


Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2

Fort save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

The Green Man atempts to force his battered and abused eyes to stay open, fighting every instinct and urge in his body, trying to make himself a target if possible.


Male Human (taldan) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 03

Rogar steps with a decisive stride up to K21 and attacks the shaman holding the sword with both hands, his patience apparently exahusted

"So you really wanted to become a pair of boots, after all! I'll be glad to accomodate your wish, Kobold!"

Round 1
AC 19, touch 14, flat-footed 15
hp 22/22
Fort +4, Ref +4, Will -2
Effects:-
Attack roll:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Damage roll:1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Round 1 cont'd

Mikmek curses, grasps his spear, and slowly backs up to the wall.
Chief Sootscale yells out "You will be put down without honor for this Tartuk!" He starts flailing his weapons around defensively.

The few kobolds that can see hesitate, until Mikmek calls out "Protect the Chief!" two of the unblinded kobolds circle Chief Sootscale, the third moves in next to Rogar.

map


Downtime Gnome Sorceror (draconic) 4

Furiel is excited at hearing Rogar's words.
Rogar is in the fight.
"Go Rogar--Mikmek, help Rogar--I can't."


Shaman Tartuk squawks as Rogar's blade flays skin off his ribs...
After determining Rogar has things in hand, Norton decides to stay behind a moment until he could be sure his blinded allies were in no immediate danger.

Bottom of Round 1
Furiel
Shaman Tartuk
Green


Downtime Gnome Sorceror (draconic) 4

Furiel creates fire in his hand while blind. He saw where the shaman appeared before he went blind. He aims his fiery ball blindly at his last known spot.

Produce flame Range touch 1d20 ⇒ 20 Conceal 1d100 ⇒ 26 Furiel's aim is dead on, but his blindness causes his shot to go wide.

Natural 20 and I miss :-(


Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2

The Green Man hefts his axe in anger, allowing himself to slip into the red rage once more.
Rage.


The shaman's raven darts at Rogar 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 but veers wide as Furiel's flame skips across the ceiling overhead.
Tartuk steps away from Rogar and seemingly unconcerned, he reaches in his belt pouch, and takes from it what looks like a coin. He brings it to his mouth whispers then shouts into it "I have done what you asked! Time to honor our bargain!!"

5'step north, still in AoO range for Rogar.

A bird appears in from his hand and flies down the east tunnel behind Shaman Tartuk.


Round 2
Rogar
Mikmek
Chief
Grunts
Norton
Furiel
Tickbiter+Tartuk
Green


Male Human (taldan) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 03

Pardon me if I'm wrong but the thing he's trying to do grants me an AoO?

Rogar moves closer to the Shaman and stabs at him again decided to get rid of the insolent Kobold before he can do more harm.
Rogar moves to K22 and attacks again

Round 2
AC 19, touch 14, flat-footed 15
hp 22/22
Fort +4, Ref +4, Will -2
Effects: -

Attack of Opportunity:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Damage roll(if it hits):1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Attack roll:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Damage roll(if it hits):1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

EDIT: Forgot I'm using the +1 sword atm! Please add +1 dmg to the Shaman! :D


Shaman Tartuk watches the bird fly away... Rogar regains his attention with a soft tissue stab.

Mikmek stumbles along the north wall, trying to make his way toward the sound of fighting. "I think I am getting my sight back."
Chief Sootscale has stopped swinging his weapons around... his nearby sighted guards making their presence known.
The kobold next to Rogar pokes at Shaman Tartuk weakly with his spear.
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Unsure of how best to help, Norton checks Furiel... trying to determine if his condition is temporary. 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 After a quick look he sees no damage to Furiel's eyes, and lets him know he should be fine in a moment.

blind duration over

Furiel
Shaman Tartuk+tickbiter
Green


Downtime Gnome Sorceror (draconic) 4

Furiel regains his vision and sees the kobold shaman. He rushes the shaman with his flaming balls in his hands. He stops and fires all of his fire used up in a single ball of flame that heads toward the kobold shaman. The afterimage of bright lights still affects him and his ball of fire misses wide.
Range touch -4 for engaged1d20 - 1 - 4 ⇒ (11) - 1 - 4 = 61d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Round 2
AC 13, touch 13, flat-footed 11
hp 18/18
Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +2
Move to M19 last round of produce flame attack


You hear a horrific throaty shrieking bellow echoing from the tunnels to the south. The kobolds gasp and the Shaman cackles. Shaman Tartuk takes a step away from Rogar and Furiel, draws his wand, and points it at the northeast firepit. (I,19) Dark smoke starts to pour out of the fire, and quickly fill the room.
You hear panic in the kobolds... and a word repeated in their tongue which Mikmek inadvertently translates... questioning what he is hearing. "Troll?? Here?!"

The nearest kobold to him guarding the chief responds as another is trying to convince Chief Sootscale to evacuate. The smoke starts to fill the room... "Sharptooth make us go fight trolls. Tartuk wanted one for magic looking. Tartuk say he make it so it won't heal and wake." he starts to cough, as does everyone nearby..

All sight, even darkvision, is ineffective in or through the cloud.

fort save DC 13:

Fail= All within the cloud take –4 penalties to Strength and Dexterity (Fortitude negates). These effects last for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 rounds after the cloud dissipates or after the creature leaves the area of the cloud. Spell resistance does not apply.

map


Male hp: 35/35; AC:16/14-ff16/14-tch10; F+4, R+3, W+4; Initiative 0, Perception +5

Fort Save 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


Male Human (taldan) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 03

Fortitude save:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

"Troll? Where???

Where did the shaman move? According to the map Rogar should get an AoO against him before he casts the spell, but if you didn't update the map where did he take his 5 f step to?


Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2

Troll? MINE!

In his bloodrage, The Green Man is not thinking very logical, and instead begins to move south through the cloud, towards the sound of the troll.

Fort save: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 2 = 15

Move to Q17
Rage 2 Rounds used.


Male Human (taldan) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 03

Green... RPG wise I commend your choice but realistically do you think you'll be able to deal with a troll at lvl 2 :D ? Besides we are everywhere on the map and Norton & Ta' aren't in play. Anyway I guess the troll isn't coming from outside or the sentries and Ta would have intercepted him.


rogar - yeah I forgot to move him on map... He moved 1 square north to (I,22)


Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2

Haha, of course not, The Green Man doesn't stand a chance against a troll. As for where it is coming from, we haven't been to the tunnels to the south yet, my guess is the Troll was chained or something in a secret part of the lair, hidden by Tartuk.


Round 3
Rogar
Mikmek
Chief
Grunts
Norton
Furiel
Troll?!
Tartuk
Green

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


Male Human (taldan) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 03

Once again Rogar comes slashing at the shaman, determined to end his insolent existence for good.

"Ah! Nowhere to run now! Let's settle this stupid kobold!"

Rogar steps in J22 and attacks Tartuk

Round 3
AC 19, touch 14, flat-footed 15
hp 22/22
Fort +4, Ref +4, Will -2
Effects: -
Attack roll::1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Damage roll:1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Shaman Tartuk, already glugging blood from his wounds, lowers his guard as Rogar strikes him down. He falls grinning evilly, and the smoke thickens... rolling over his body.
The kobolds in the smoke feel their way around, and make a kobold chain to guide the Chief out the northwest tunnel. Three of the kobolds ready their spears and make a line of defense behind Green.

Norton
Furiel
Troll?!
Green

map


Male hp: 35/35; AC:16/14-ff16/14-tch10; F+4, R+3, W+4; Initiative 0, Perception +5

Norton walks out of the cloud taking position right behind Green. P17
"Let's hope this one is not a full grown one. Eh Green?"


Downtime Gnome Sorceror (draconic) 4

Furiel moves next to green by the wall and readies a spray of colors at any hostile approach.

Furiel moves to Q18 and readies a color spray to cover R15,16,17 S16,17 T18 Will DC15.


You hear a dragging sound and a grunt... a dragging sound and a grunt. From around a corner down the south tunnel, the head of a troll emerges. You then see it pull itself forward with arms missing everything past the elbow. The creature completely fills the tunnel, and labors to pull itself in your direction. It appears to be wearing what is left of its metal, canvas, and leather restraints.
A horsebit-like muzzle hangs from its neck, and its teeth appear to be coming back in nicely.

map


Downtime Gnome Sorceror (draconic) 4

Furiel tries to avoid laughing, and hits green in the shin with his elbow. "Oh no, not a troll."

Furiel shifts to the other side of Green S18 and uses gnome magic to recreate the flames in his hands and tosses fire at the 'troll'.

Produce flame: to hit range touch;damage1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 71d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2

The only reply Furiel gets from the enraged Green Man is a deep growl, slowly rising in volume until it nearly matches the volume of the troll itself.
Narrowing his eyes, The Green Man zooms in on the troll through the blood red mist in his vision.


Round 4

Ta'de-win:

You, Errol and the Chief's son hear a minor explosive sound inside, and yelling which is too muffled to make out. Nabkim starts to look like he is having a hard time staying put... concerned something has gone wrong.
Errol notices this and casually offers... "You two go ahead and check it out, I'll wait here.", and then grins. His face turns serious... a feigned look of concern. "Would be awful if something were to happen to your father, or your chums while you stand out here watching the horses." Ta - I'll take a perception check roll please.

Rogar
Mikmek
Chief
Grunts
Norton
Furiel
Troll
Green


Male Human (taldan) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 03

"Shaman down here! He really was annoying but I guess you Kobolds owe me now!" says Rogar while almost laughing at the notion. Then, in alouder tone he adds:"Coming down. If it's a real troll we'll need all the help we could muster! You, Mikmek! Can you get us some fire? I heard trolls don't like it much..."

Round 4
AC 19, touch 14, flat-footed 15
hp 22/22
Fort +4, Ref +4, Will -2
Effects: -
Rogar double moves to P16


{HP 32/32 | AC17 T12 FF13 CMD17 | F/R/W 5/3/8 | Init +2 Per +11/13 SM+4} Female Human Druid 3 {Kingdom} {NPCs} {Downtime}

GM:
Ta'de-win puts a hand on Nabkim's shoulder to keep him from going, though a look of concern is on her own face as well.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28 Add 2 if natural surroundings count


Male hp: 35/35; AC:16/14-ff16/14-tch10; F+4, R+3, W+4; Initiative 0, Perception +5

Norton will move to U14 ready to take the Troll between him and Green
"Let's take this thing down quickly Green."

Move action to U14
Swift action, issue challenge to Troll, elect Green as ward, +1AC
Standard action, inspire courage +1 attack and damage


With the chief out of the room and the smoke starting to clear, Mikmek breaks apart one of the skin-stretching frames, and takes the sticks from and moves to the remaining low fire... the other two were extinguished by Shaman Tartuk's wandcasting.
Mikmek speaks to the three kobolds nearby.

Draconic:

"Stay out of the way of our new friends. Once the troll is knocked out, burn it... every last bit."

Furiel
Troll
Green


Downtime Gnome Sorceror (draconic) 4

Furiel shoots a flame ball at the troll; once again his aim is way off.
Range touch.1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 21d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
produce flame


The troll growls and pushes himself forward as Furiel's flame blasts against the cave wall again. The large crippled beast gets to the wider area of the tunnel and brings one leg up underneath its body.... this leg has regenerated all the way to the ankle... the other leg has regrown only to the shin. It belts out a couple throaty shrieks in the two directions of its enemy.

moves to (U-V,16-17)... regains 5hp


Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2

"Rrrrrrrrargh!"

Unwilling to wait longer, The Green Man moves forward, axe gripped so firmly that his knuckles have gone from green to white.
As he steps within the trolls reach, the possibility of being swiped by it's claws seems to not concearn him at all.

Move to W18.
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Damage: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Rage, 3 Rounds used.


Male Human (taldan) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 03

It should be my turn, qustion though, did Green pass behind the troll on purpose even if that gives the creature attacks of opportunity?

Inspired by Green's reckless charge Rogar immediately follows suit:

Round 5
AC 19, touch 14, flat-footed 15
hp 22/22
Fort +4, Ref +4, Will -2
Effects: Charging
Action: Charges to T16 sword held with both hands
Attack roll:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
Damage roll:1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Edit: and menaces critical

Critical confirmation:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
Critical damage:1d8 + 4 + 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 + (2) + 4 = 14


Green's axe scrapes the ceiling in its arc hacking deep into the shoulder of the troll, and powdering him with small rocky bits of the tunnel ceiling.
The troll's reflexive change in position from Green's strike brings an opening for Rogar just as he arrives. A stab and tear from Rogar's sword tosses dark gloopy troll blood on the wall inches from Norton's face.


Rogar - acted
Mikmek and Kobolds - holding action
Norton
Furiel
Troll
Green

map <--hack job on what I had.

(and yes, I'm assuming Green's posted location was based on the last map I had posted... before troll had moved up)


Male hp: 35/35; AC:16/14-ff16/14-tch10; F+4, R+3, W+4; Initiative 0, Perception +5

Norton sees that his impetuous friends moved too forward to flank the monster so he tries to find a way to the other side of the troll.
"Hold it there, I'll take it from the rear, lets see how tough it is!"

I think he can't get to the troll and attack so Norton will double move to the area around Z17, to see the surroundings and be ready to charge next round.

Inspire courage round 2/7 still +1 on attack and damage. Does it make sense that green has +1 AC now that Norton is not in the fight?


Male Human (taldan) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 03

I just realized I didn't add the Inspire courage bonus, which means I should have dealt a couple of points o damage more to the troll


Downtime Gnome Sorceror (draconic) 4

Furiel moves and casts a fountain of colors barely missing Rogar and hitting the troll. Norton vacates the area just before the spell washes over his former spot.
Move S15, Cast color spray T15, U14-16,V14-16 DC 15 Will save
"That was a little dicey timing and targeting."


The troll sees the one who threw fire start to cast again, and cringes behind the dividing wall as the scintillating colors blast the area.
It turns back to Rogar and Green. Supporting itself against the wall of the tunnel with one partial arm, it swipes at Rogar with the other.. the bone sticking out like a broken spear shaft... The troll then thrusts its head and shoulders toward Green, and takes a bite.
It starts its crazed deep shriek again while clenching down on Green's torso, then releases when it realizes it doesn't have the leverage to drag a foe down it is used to..

Willsave: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

vs Rogar: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 8 - 4 = 12
vs Green: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 damage vs Green

Norton - I still consider you in the fight, unless there are specific cavalier challenge rules that I'm too lazy to check for.

1,601 to 1,650 of 3,323 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Bloodgargler Kingmaker Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.