Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Bloodgargler's Kingmaker

Game Master BinkyBo

{Kingdom Tracking Sheet} {Downtime} {NPC list} {District Grid}


1,501 to 1,550 of 3,556 << first < prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | next > last >>

Downtime Gnome Sorceror (draconic) 4

Furiel will visit with Papa Grundy on the way out. "Nothing to worry about. We ambushed them and have two of the major ringleaders."


Male hp: 35/35; AC:16/14-ff16/14-tch10; F+4, R+3, W+4; Initiative 0, Perception +5

Since it seems the party will pass at Grundy's Norton will have a few words with the old man, far from the bandits' hears.
"Back at Oleg's there is a load of those berries you use to do the Lord's beverage. I would like you to brew a batch for us, besides, you would see your boy there."


Grundy agrees hesitantly "Eh... I suppose. Gimme 10 minutes to load up and lock up. Won't be able to brew there to well without a decent still, but I'll head there with my portable contraption. I suppose that'll do."

loot:

3 horses (including one which hovers several inches above the ground)
2 shortswords
2 longswords
1 aldori dueling sword
1 light crossbow + 18 bolts
3 light steel shields
long handled ironwood sickle
leaf armor
shimmering blue cloak
studded leather
2 leather
1 breastplate
150 gp
3 labelled cure moderate potions


Male hp: 35/35; AC:16/14-ff16/14-tch10; F+4, R+3, W+4; Initiative 0, Perception +5

"Furiel, take a look at the equipment and see if there is something particular, and what is that damned floating horse anyway?"


Downtime Gnome Sorceror (draconic) 4

Furiel detects magic on the equipment. He suspects the horseshoes, so he will concentrate on them.
Know Arcana group 11d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Know Arcana group 21d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Know Arcana group 31d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Know Arcana group 41d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Know Arcana group 51d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Know Arcana group 61d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Know Arcana group 71d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Know Arcana group 81d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Know Arcana group 91d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Know Arcana group 101d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27


Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 HP 38/44 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+8| Ref:+2 | Will:+3| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (See in Darkness) | Speed 30

"So, one of the bandits got away, I got the feeling he was meant to do that? Can I ask, what was the point?
I'm not really that well versed in the art of war."


Furiel item ID:

sorry just one longsword, one morningstar as well
Horseshoes of a Zephyr
+1 morningstar
+1 aldori dueling sword
+1 ironwood sickle
Leaf armor: ID fail
+1 cloak of resistance + cold resistance:5
studded leather: ID fail

longsword, light crossbow, and breastplate are masterwork
rest is mundane and average


Male Human (taldan) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 03

Almar glances at Green and signals for him to follow to a place where the prisoners cannot overhear them:"The point, my big friend, was to convince him we were doing Sal'dor's bidding. When he reports to his employer, the Stag Lord I guess the drunkyard will retaliate against this Sal'dor. Hopefully they'll weaken each other enough for us to deal with both in one swift strike!" finishes the would be Aldori smiling widely.

It won't surprise anyone, but I call dibs on the Aldori duelling sword... ;D


Furiel lists the items he has identified:
Horseshoes of a Zephyr
magic morningstar
magic aldori dueling sword
magic ironwood sickle
magic cloak of resistance with extra cold resistance
leaf and studded leather armor was of unknown magic
magic in front means +1, but of course pluses are a game mechanic. Furiel highly suspects the leaf and studded leather are of the same strength as the rest (+1)
"Having passed on many items, I would like this magic cloak. Our druid can probably use the ironwood sickle. Norton may like the morningstar."


Male hp: 35/35; AC:16/14-ff16/14-tch10; F+4, R+3, W+4; Initiative 0, Perception +5

"It seems they were very well equipped. The morningstar and the longsword can be useful. I like even the breastplate, not as comfortable as the chainmail, but a lot harder to get through."

I say that during the travel we keep the prisoners as far as possible from each other in case they try something. Norton would like to speak with them to learn their story.

"What brought you here Errol? you strike me more for a city dweller than for a man of the woods."

"Nihtscada, right? You fought bravely earlier, even when there was only you left. You must be very loyal to the Stag Lord."
I'm not even sure I got which race she is.
Knowledge (geography) check 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

And to the last blue cloak
"What's your name? You all look like in those blue cloaks."

Diplomacy check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
If it is not enough
Diplomacy check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

As for the equipment, if nobody use them Norton will take longsword, morningstar and breastplate. The horseshoes would be nice on Murak, but we will think about it later.


Male Human (taldan) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 03

Rogar shrugs:"Take what you need. I'd like the sword but I cannot claim it without an honorable duel. What about it... Errol, was it? Anyway we've got to deal with some kobolds first, I'll borrow your sword for a while, we'll settle this after that is out of the way"


Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 HP 38/44 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+8| Ref:+2 | Will:+3| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (See in Darkness) | Speed 30

The Green Man listens to Rogar outlining his plan, nodding a little as he sees the sense in it.
He is just about to congratulate him on a brilliantly ad hoc plan, but instead he frowns, feeling like he is missing something.
For a few moments he walks in silence next to Rogar, trying to realize what his instincts are telling him.

Finally he looks over at Rogar and shakes his head sadly.
"I'm not sure it will work, and it is probably my fault if it doesn't."

"Think about it, everything we have learned so far indicates that the Staglord is an irrational brute who rules by fear alone.
Would you report a failure to him? Especially when it would be much easier to just slip up north and hide there in anonymity?
It would have worked I think if one of the leaders got away, someone important enough to be spared the Staglords wrath."

"But a lone foot soldier? His life won't be worth buttons if he returns, moreover, he might not even be able to make his way back alone. This is a wild land; he is likely to fall prey to wandering predators, especially if he needs to go a roundabout way which he himself may not know. We are after all between him and his way back."

The Green Man quickly holds out his hands in a consolatory gesture.
"I could be wrong, maybe this one bandit has more loyalty than common sense, and is lucky enough to return.
If he does then great, your plan works well, and if not...well, we haven't really lost anything in the trying.
Still, it would have been better if Errol was the one who got away."


{HP 32/32 | AC17 T12 FF13 CMD17 | F/R/W 5/3/8 | Init +2 Per +11/13 SM+4} Female Human Druid 3 {Kingdom} {NPCs} {Downtime}

When the prisoners are bound and everything has been packed up, Ta'de-win will begin scouting ahead as the group makes it's way to the kobolds lair. During trips back to the group, she will speak with Mikmek as well. "I would like to inquire what to expect as we near your lair. Particularly in the way of sentries and traps. I understand if you do no wish for your den to be exposed, thus if you would rather guide us as we near, I can fetch you. The warning to prevent accidentally wandering into a snare would be enjoyed."

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
Survival: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20

Rolls in case needed. As far as loot goes, Ta'de-win wouldn't mind the sickle, though the Leaf Armor would be great if and when we can identify it. I don't believe anyone else has similar restrictions on armor as I do, but just want to make sure. I also don't mind if Murak gets the horseshoes, just throwing that out there.


Male Human (taldan) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 03

Rogar shrugs as Green explains his perplexity:"Well, you might be right, Green, but it's worth a try anyway. Besides, if the one who escaped has nowhere else to go he'll go back to the Stag Lord... as you mentioned this is a wild land and he can't hope to survive alone out there unless he finds some friends... Anyway let's hope he gets back. If he doesn't... small loss for us I'd say"


Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 HP 38/44 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+8| Ref:+2 | Will:+3| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (See in Darkness) | Speed 30

The Green Man returns Rogar's shrug with one of his own.
"Yes, either he might set your plan in motion so the Staglord might lose more men to a pointless fight with another foe, or we will at least have seen the last of this one bandit.
One less to fight in the lair.
Win for us either way."


Downtime Gnome Sorceror (draconic) 4

"Miss Ta'De Win is welcome to the sickle and leaf armor. Both are tailor made for a druid." Furiel tries on the cloak.


Human Mivoni Duelist Fighter(Cad) NPC
Norton wrote:
"What brought you here Errol? you strike me more for a city dweller than for a man of the woods."

"I come from Mivon. My family was respected for a time... but things changed. Instead of taking a "walk to the fishponds", I chose to leave. Not being a man of the woods, as you say, there was little else for me but mercenary work. "

To Rogar he responds with a nod and mischievous grin, "I look forward to ... settling things. Being defeated without crossing swords has left me ... unsatisfied."


Nihtscada and the other bandit are still in bad shape, and are not yet inclined to talk. She manages to glare at Norton when he addresses her, but doesn't speak. You are still unsure of Nihtscada's race. She appears to possibly be a mixed race... dark elf mixed with some type of outsider race.


Embermaw Kobold Clan Leader

Mikmek responds to Ta'de-win, "Our lair is not hidden. Sentries and patrols yes, but there will be no problem."


Male Human (taldan) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 03

After returning near the others Rogar answers Errol:"Good. A man of honor. I know of a man with a situation not unlike yours, maybe you can find a way to redeem your family name that doesn't involve serving some drunkyard with an army of bandits"


Male hp: 35/35; AC:16/14-ff16/14-tch10; F+4, R+3, W+4; Initiative 0, Perception +5

To Errol
"Well, I'm betting on the chance that in a near future there will be much more than that option around here."


Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 HP 38/44 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+8| Ref:+2 | Will:+3| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (See in Darkness) | Speed 30

The Green Man shrugs a little.
"Maybe, the future is an unknown quality for most of us.
I know how to heal, how to hurt, how to talk to the spirits and how to live of the land. The rest will sort itself out in time."

Rubbing a massive finger over his short snoutlike nose, The Green Man chuckles.
"But whatever happens, I am enjoying myself, and that is worth a lot for any green men."


Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 HP 38/44 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+8| Ref:+2 | Will:+3| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (See in Darkness) | Speed 30

"Let us make sure we are all in best fighting shape, I did say I know healing..."

Chanelling positive energy: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Chanelling positive energy: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Chanelling positive energy: 1d6 ⇒ 6


You make your way east out of the woods. Grundy speaks up.
"If you folks don't mind, I'll head straight for Oleg's. I thank you for getting my boy outta this racket. Here's a little something to make setting up camp a little easier for ya in the future." He fishes through his satchel and pulls out a few tiny objects, and hands a bead to Ta'de-win. "Don't know who wants to hold onto it. It's one of the little trinkets I used to whip up... a campfire bead. Just throw it on the ground and speak the command word "firegimmefire" and you have an instant campfire."

Papa Grundy now friendly. Social quest reward!

"Good luck to you all. See you when you return to the trading post."


Green - excluding anyone?


Male Human (taldan) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 03

Rogar salutes the old man raising his sword:"may the road be kind to you old man. I hope to se you again soon. We've got to talk more, you anhd I"

After Grundy moves away Rogar adresses the others:"Let's go people. We wasted enough time already and honestly it can be too soon we get rid of this awuful kobold business"


Embermaw Kobold Clan Leader

"I'll lead the way to the Sootscale Caverns." Mikmek casually gestures east across the plains and low hills... trying to cut off Rogar as he anticipates more "ire raising words".


Downtime Gnome Sorceror (draconic) 4

Furiel speaks to Green, "Green, you need to exclude our prisoners from healing for now. Watching them as we talk to the kobolds is dangerous enough."

Then to Papa Grundy, "Thank you for your help--fair weather and clear trails to you."


{HP 32/32 | AC17 T12 FF13 CMD17 | F/R/W 5/3/8 | Init +2 Per +11/13 SM+4} Female Human Druid 3 {Kingdom} {NPCs} {Downtime}
Papa Grundy wrote:

You make your way east out of the woods. Grundy speaks up.

"If you folks don't mind, I'll head straight for Oleg's. I thank you for getting my boy outta this racket. Here's a little something to make setting up camp a little easier for ya in the future." He fishes through his satchel and pulls out a few tiny objects, and hands a bead to Ta'de-win. "Don't know who wants to hold onto it. It's one of the little trinkets I used to whip up... a campfire bead. Just throw it on the ground and speak the command word "firegimmefire" and you have an instant campfire."

Papa Grundy now friendly. Social quest reward!

"Good luck to you all. See you when you return to the trading post."

"You're help has been most appreciated, Papa Grundy. Please do not hesitate if you need our assistance in the future."


Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 HP 38/44 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+8| Ref:+2 | Will:+3| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (See in Darkness) | Speed 30

Apologies, Green will exclude the prisoners, and I shall try to be more specific in the future.


Mikmek pulls his hood low to shield his eyes from the mid-morning sun. He vocalizes his discomfort "Ech..." It is unseasonably warm, and no clouds in sight.

Bitters, the fat crow, labors into flight after Grundy... his loud "caw" scatters the other birds around. The population of small wildlife seems to have increased a bit since you have been here last. Certainly more animals here in the lush plains and low hills than in the woods.


Male Human (taldan) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 03

So... says Rogar while stiffling a yawn, "How much to your people's "home", Kob... Mikmek? You must be eager to bring back Old Snapthooth... they'll hail you as their hero... no?"


Embermaw Kobold Clan Leader

"Will be there soon after nightfall. Yes. Eager to return. Maybe not hero, but hope for honor enough... for High Shaman to say I can take mate."
Mikmek's foul mood appears to be worsening... regressing to more primitive sentence structure and snarling delivery of words.


Male Human (taldan) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 03

"Youch! So is the shaman the one who decides who can... mate with who in your tribe? Pretty dis... inconvenient, I'd say" Rogar does his best to hide his revulsion although he's having quite an hard time doing so.


Downtime Gnome Sorceror (draconic) 4

"Mikmek, how do your people feel about gnomes? If they don't like gnomes, maybe I'll keep a low profile?"


Embermaw Kobold Clan Leader

Mikmek grunts in response to Rogar's question. "Shaman can say who does not mate... Shaman Tartuk fears my bloodline."

He then turns to respond to Furiel with a slight nod.
"Gnomes not respected. We see as tricksy cowards. Never one has been ally. I know you as more than gnome, but will they listen?... humph" he shrugs.


Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 HP 38/44 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+8| Ref:+2 | Will:+3| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (See in Darkness) | Speed 30

The Green Man chuckles a little at that.
"They best respect Furiel, or he will cook some of them with his fires, here The Green Mans face turns serious, that is, if there are any left after I wring their necks."

Then The Green man smiles again.
"But I am still hoping to make allies out of the tribe, so I am going to hope we all get along famously."

"So, does this shaman sit at the right side of the chief? Or is it the other way around."

I wonder why he is so angry. We are getting closer now, I mean, we did take our time yes, but we are going now...is he...not happy about going home?

Steering his horse a little ways away from the others, The Green Man turns to Mikmek and looks straight at him.
"Listen, what's with the foul mood? Is there something you're not telling us?
I think we've helped you enough to be trusted by now yes?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Sense motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


Downtime Gnome Sorceror (draconic) 4

"Mikmek is not the problem, the shaman is the problem. I think Mikmek is saying this shaman tends to be a manipulative &%# who sent Mikmek on a suicide mission into an entire den of mites, and when Mikmek comes back, the shaman will try to work this situation to his advantage and to Mikmek's disadvantage."

Furiel puts his hand on Mikmek's shoulder to reassure him, "Now that I am your friend, you need not fear any magic this shaman can do while I am watching."


Embermaw Kobold Clan Leader

Mikmek snorts at Greens initial statement, then turns toward him and tries a smile to show he meant no disrespect with the snort.
"Chief Sootscale listens sometimes too much, but Chief is in charge not Shaman Tartuk."
He then nods in response to Green asking about his mood. "When we found Old Sharptooth, I thought of return and glory. Now the thought of seeing Tartuk the Bloodless... sours my guts."

He lets Furiel speak then nods, "I would not speak those words, but some maybe true."
"So you will just watch?" He then snorts a few times and tries to smile again with his attempt at humor.


Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 HP 38/44 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+8| Ref:+2 | Will:+3| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (See in Darkness) | Speed 30

"Well, don't worry, we're returning the statue to the chief, not the shaman. And if the shaman tries to disparage someone when I'm around, we'll have a little talk shaman to shaman him and me."

"The chief will know you did good, survived when nobody else did. The chief will know your worth Mikmek.
It may just be that chief Sootscale has been listening to the WRONG shaman for a bit eh?
Second opinions sometimes can be very helpful."


Embermaw Kobold Clan Leader

Mikmek shows some signs of relaxing a bit, and you continue. He rushes you through your quick meals, and shortly after dinner the terrain turns into rocky hills, with few but large hardy trees. Mikmek keeps scanning the horizon in several directions.
"Hour away, could see patrols at any time."
He points north.
"That is where the human settlement was... they were mining in what has become part of our lands."


Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 HP 38/44 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+8| Ref:+2 | Will:+3| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (See in Darkness) | Speed 30

"Mining? What were they mining? Do you know?
If it is something valuable, you should consider mining it yourself and trade it once this area becomes a bit more settled. Your clan could become wealthy in short order."

And if you don't like the idea, you should hide it so nobody tries to come here and take your lands from you.


{HP 32/32 | AC17 T12 FF13 CMD17 | F/R/W 5/3/8 | Init +2 Per +11/13 SM+4} Female Human Druid 3 {Kingdom} {NPCs} {Downtime}

"You must be cautious when doing such digging. It may come with unintended consequences to the surrounding land. I would be happy to provide guidance as I can if your tribe wishes to pursue such an idea."

As they approach, Ta'de-win stays with the group, still wary of the kobolds intentions if they were to catch a lone human.


Male Human (taldan) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 03

Rogar looks at the kobold:"And pray tell... how was this settlement abandoned and forgotten? What happened to cause that?"


Downtime Gnome Sorceror (draconic) 4

Furiel explains, "Well, as we develop a kingdom, natural resources, such as those taken from mines, will become essential. We may want to reopen this mine sometime in the future."


{HP 32/32 | AC17 T12 FF13 CMD17 | F/R/W 5/3/8 | Init +2 Per +11/13 SM+4} Female Human Druid 3 {Kingdom} {NPCs} {Downtime}
Rogar Valertis wrote:
Rogar looks at the kobold:"And pray tell... how was this settlement abandoned and forgotten? What happened to cause that?"

"Perhaps after we return Mikmek to his home, we can examine this settlement."


Spoiler:

discussed as one of the bounties here
Ketsen Garess wrote:


"Ah yes .. kobolds. That relates to the next order of business..I have received several requests that I cannot fulfill while stationed here. Therefore I will post a bounty board on the wall there near the gate. I understand you are overwhelmed as it is, but should happen to stumble upon the subject of a bounty ... such as " ... he flips through some papers .. "Deal with the increasing number of aggressive kobolds ... posted by kin of deceased prospectors and matched by the Swordlords of Restov 800 gold"
"Yes I noticed the lack of clarity. From what I can tell they were intentionally vague. It may be the Swordlords' adaptation of the bereaved kins' wishes. I would argue either culling or pact would satisfy the request."


Embermaw Kobold Clan Leader

Mikmek gets quiet, perhaps regretting having mentioned it. "I know little of such things."


Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 HP 38/44 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+8| Ref:+2 | Will:+3| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (See in Darkness) | Speed 30

The Green Man gives MikMeks shoulder a friendly clap.
"Don't worry about it, do any of us look like miners? We probably know less about it than YOU do. Hahahaha!"


Male Human (taldan) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 03

Rogar says nothing more, but he gives the kobold a very penetrating look

1,501 to 1,550 of 3,556 << first < prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Bloodgargler Kingmaker Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.