Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Bloodgargler's Kingmaker

Game Master BinkyBo

{Kingdom Tracking Sheet} {Downtime} {NPC list} {District Grid}


1,401 to 1,450 of 3,690 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>

Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 HP 30/44 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+8| Ref:+2 | Will:+3| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (Darkvision 60ft) | Speed 30

The Green Man will ask to be paired with Kressel, not because he doesn't trust her as much as for the fact that he knows himself to not be very observant.

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10


Male Human (taldan) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 03

Perception? Oh my! :D

Rogar will ask Ta'de-Win as a watch-partner (cause... he's Rogar!)

perception check:1d20 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 = 4


{HP 32/32 | AC17 T12 FF13 CMD17 | F/R/W 5/3/8 | Init +2 Per +11/13 SM+4} Female Human Druid 3 {Kingdom} {NPCs} {Downtime}

Ta'de-win will take second watch with Rogar then, and leave Green and Kressle for first. Norton with Furiel on third. Sound good?

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27 Add 2 if natural surroundings.


Male hp: 35/35; AC:16/14-ff16/14-tch10; F+4, R+3, W+4; Initiative 0, Perception +5

Fine with me

Perception Check 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Mikmek stays up with Green and Kressle. Unfortunately they are both terrible company for him. Kressle seems unnerved being back at the camp. Although - as she says - she is behind you and your intentions, the fight here that led to the death of many of her men is still fresh in her mind.
Whereas Mikmek seems to be irritated with the delay, and awkward position of his quest "relying on the whim of those he owes his life to.."

The night goes without incident. Ta'de-win hears faint barks carried on the wind from the southwest... but it sounded like it was miles away.

waking before sunrise? If so go ahead and get up


{HP 32/32 | AC17 T12 FF13 CMD17 | F/R/W 5/3/8 | Init +2 Per +11/13 SM+4} Female Human Druid 3 {Kingdom} {NPCs} {Downtime}

Ta'de-win informs Rogar of what she hears. "I believe in the distance, the wind carries the sound of barks. To the southwest. It is troublesome."

I'd say wake early personally. Opinions?


Male Human (taldan) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 03

Well, considering we are waiting to ambush a group of bandits I think we should all wake up early. Rogar certainly will

Rogar nods at Ta'de-Win and asks:"How far? Do you think these creatures, whatever they are, could be a problem for our task? If not I think we've better to leave them alone for the time being and concentrate on the ambush"


Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 HP 30/44 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+8| Ref:+2 | Will:+3| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (Darkvision 60ft) | Speed 30

During the night:

"Yes, it is not ideal, but the ghosts of the past need not haunt you Kressel, because they sleep now. The past and the dead only have as much power over us as we allow them to have."
As he says so, The Green Man's hand unconsciously grabs the little bag of bones and ash that he carries around his neck.

He then turns to Mikmek.
"Sorry about all this, but I still wish to help you return the statue AND forge a lasting peace with your tribe.
When we go after the Stag Lord, it will be nice to know our back is free.
But you must admit, it is a sound plan to deal death to your enemies before they can deal death to you yes?"

In the morning:

"I agree with Ser Valertis, a man might have two eyes, but they work best if they are both focused on one thing at the time.
Still, this land has proven to contain many surprises, and not all of them pleasant, so I say we remember the direction, lest it becomes another such surprise."


Male hp: 35/35; AC:16/14-ff16/14-tch10; F+4, R+3, W+4; Initiative 0, Perception +5

Back to the designated ambush spot Norton places himself as agreed.
Murak can graze near by, while the cavalier sets up a his tent and a small fireplace, to give the impression, in the distance, to be a loner wanderer of the land.

Then he sits and waits patientely.

Maybe someone could hide in the tent.

If needed:

Check Disguise 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Check Bluff 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
Didn't know which applies


human ranger 2 NPC

Just as Norton finishes setting up the tent, Kressle walks up. "Perfect. Thank you. Be sure to wake me before the battle starts this time." She climbs into his tent...

Mikmek crouches stone-faced next to Furiel, spear in hand.


Human Mivoni Duelist Fighter(Cad) NPC

Thirty minutes later, not long after first light, you hear the sound of horse hooves to the south on the path. Not many (maybe just a few), but they sound like they are approaching quickly.
Then you see them. Three on horseback, and three running behind. A man in a light blue cloak that seems to shimmer in the light. A dark-skinned woman, and a grungy man who looks like a typical rural bandit. The three running behind are dressed similarly to the grungy man, in black leather and cloaks.

The dark-skinned woman points out Norton's camp to the well-dressed man in the shimmering cloak. He puts up a hand "Ho!" They all slow down to a walk around (aC,13-15)
He addresses Norton as they all slowly approach "...and who might you be? " He grips the hilt of dueling sword sheathed to the side of his horse. The woman pulls her horse up beside him and snarls at Norton. She looks like an elf, but the wrong shade of dark skin to be a drow. She wears a long handled sickle on her waist.
at this point the lead is around row Z, the rear is around row aD, all are slowly moving forward.


Male hp: 35/35; AC:16/14-ff16/14-tch10; F+4, R+3, W+4; Initiative 0, Perception +5

Norton was just minding the boiling water for the tea when the lot approached. He stands up calmly to face the incoming people.
"Goodmorning to you" he speaks when adressed emphasizing his cheliax accent.
"The name is Norton" he speaks loudly but slowly, to give them the time to approach, "... and you are?"


Human Mivoni Duelist Fighter(Cad) NPC

"I am Errol Voelker. What business do have here?" he responds politely but a bit coldly.

They have now moved up another 5 feet


Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 HP 30/44 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+8| Ref:+2 | Will:+3| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (Darkvision 60ft) | Speed 30

Almost...almost...


Male Human (taldan) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 03

"Good... come just a little bit closer..."

When they are in position Rogar will shoot at the "rural bandit" on horse then charge in the fray


Downtime Gnome Sorceror (draconic) 4

Furiel was enlarging Green--well already.

"These *(&(^ will regret tangling with us. " Consider Furiel readying his signature flames to fire at the bad guy (after enlarging Green).


Male hp: 35/35; AC:16/14-ff16/14-tch10; F+4, R+3, W+4; Initiative 0, Perception +5

"Errol, please to meet you, would you like some tea" Norton steps back to the fire, gesturing the pot "I was just about to have breakfast, maybe we can exchange a few words."


Human Mivoni Duelist Fighter(Cad) NPC

Errol smiles while the dark elf's eyes narrow. "Most kind of you. Perhaps -" he stops when the dark elf interrupts with "sir."
He turns and she shakes her head.
"Come now Nihtscada, if you don't care to stop... by all means go on ahead" He dismounts, and the others move up. The mounted grungy bandit rides up next to the dark elf woman referred to as Nihtscada, and leans in to speak quietly to her. The bandits on foot move in around them.

Errol continues "So ... Norton. I did not catch what your business is here? There are many dangers in this woods, happen to come across any well-armed groups out here?"

can't update map til I get home (8hrs) but they have moved up. All between rows v and z


Male Human (taldan) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 03

Gotta say this: Errol face is REALLY creeping me out! Great choice there GM!


Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 HP 30/44 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+8| Ref:+2 | Will:+3| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (Darkvision 60ft) | Speed 30

The Green Man's knuckle whitens as he grips his great axe tighter, almost loud enough to make the wood creak.
Every instinct screams for him to charge now, especially as the leader approaches Norton, but he holds back.
I promised to follow the lead of those better at tactics...


Male hp: 35/35; AC:16/14-ff16/14-tch10; F+4, R+3, W+4; Initiative 0, Perception +5

Norton smiles at Errol.
"Strange to say I was waiting here for someone to talk with. I have a kind of proposal for you people."


Human Mivoni Duelist Fighter(Cad) NPC

"Us people? Who do you think we might be?" slightly exaggerated "who me" mannerism as he speaks, and he stops approaching.
Nihtscada scowls.

current map


{HP 32/32 | AC17 T12 FF13 CMD17 | F/R/W 5/3/8 | Init +2 Per +11/13 SM+4} Female Human Druid 3 {Kingdom} {NPCs} {Downtime}

"The trap closes upon the wolves, realizing they are the sheep."

Surprise action will be to cast Entangle when Rogar shoots. Target should be around AE|AF, 16|17 for the source, not so much to entrap them as cut off their retreat.


Male Human (taldan) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 03

Damnation, Ambrosi! It's not supposed to take us that long... although... What if we shout "For Sal'dor!" when we attack and then we allow one or two of these to run away? I guess increasing the tension between the stag lord and Sal'dor can only benefit us....
Rogar thinks of this for a moment then he communicates his idea to Ta'de-win whispering so not to be heard by the bandits.


Male hp: 35/35; AC:16/14-ff16/14-tch10; F+4, R+3, W+4; Initiative 0, Perception +5

"Wearing blue cloacks and heading to Grundy's. Is my understanding that you are of the Stag Lord's lot.
Now,
Norton pauses for effect it happens me to be charted to deal with the banditry of these lands. I'm here to give you a fair warning, give up your weapons and come with me, your deeds will be forgot."


Downtime Gnome Sorceror (draconic) 4

Furiel rushes quietly west to get a shot and help Norton.
I hope we didn't blow our surprise.


{HP 32/32 | AC17 T12 FF13 CMD17 | F/R/W 5/3/8 | Init +2 Per +11/13 SM+4} Female Human Druid 3 {Kingdom} {NPCs} {Downtime}

Whispering back, "An interesting idea, if one should escape. I hope they do not. It is wise to keep another wolf waiting in the woods, if the deer should run."


Human Mivoni Duelist Fighter(Cad) NPC

Nihtscada immediately turns her horse around scanning the horizon. (you notice now her horse happens to be hovering several inches above the ground.)

Errol shakes his head disappointed, steps back to his horse. He takes hold of the hilt of his sword sheathed to the saddle, and faces Norton again.
"It is by His word that I take command of the Narlmarches, Norton. Do not mistake me for one of Kressle's stable of dimwits." He looks down at his shimmering light blue cloak, and nods slightly to the grungy bandit. "Glausho..."

"Sir?" The grungy bandit responds. He still watches Norton with his beady eyes nestled in a mass of weathered lines that look more like squinting muscles than wrinkles. Glausho gestures toward the bandits on foot, then speaks, "Check him... search the tent."

As he draws his blade, Errol speaks again "If you care to pit your piece of paper against my blade... I hope, for your sake, it's a thick piece of paper."

Here will be your perception to beat if you care to try to advance without her spotting you or take an action that could give away your presence.
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
This post equals 2 rounds of enemy in posted positions. (other than Errol moving 5' east)
Feel free to roll initiatives.


Downtime Gnome Sorceror (draconic) 4

Hidden by the trees and they are talking.
Stealth 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


{HP 32/32 | AC17 T12 FF13 CMD17 | F/R/W 5/3/8 | Init +2 Per +11/13 SM+4} Female Human Druid 3 {Kingdom} {NPCs} {Downtime}

Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 Assuming at least a disance penalty on her Perception roll? ;p
Inish: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Male hp: 35/35; AC:16/14-ff16/14-tch10; F+4, R+3, W+4; Initiative 0, Perception +5

Initiative 1d20 ⇒ 12


Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 HP 30/44 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+8| Ref:+2 | Will:+3| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (Darkvision 60ft) | Speed 30

The Green Man only just manages to stifle a loud guffaw at Nortons audacity.
The man has, as they say, a set of pure brass ones.

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

The Green Man quickly realizes that he has NO chance of approaching undetected, and that he needs to start moving now, despite his promise to himself.

Lets hope they focus on me then.

The Green Man will move forward at full speed, as far as he can get in one round, trying to close with the enemies.


Male Human (taldan) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 03

Stealth Check:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Initiative check:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Rogar moves where he can have a clear shot at the riders and fires an arrow at them targetting the bandit the leader just adressed. WHile he prepares to shoot he yells:"For Sal'dor! Death to the Stag Lord's dogs!", hoping his friends get what he's trying to do.


enemy initiatives
Errol 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Glausho and 3 amigos 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Nihtscada 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Round 1
Errol-drew weapon ... talked.
Green-need co-ords plz, you have enough movement to get to any of them.
Kressle-delays
Rogar-need co-ords too plz
Norton
Glausho + 3
Ta'de-win
Mikmek
Nihtscada

Kressle 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Mikmek 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

map (after Errol's turn, before others)


Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 HP 30/44 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+8| Ref:+2 | Will:+3| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (Darkvision 60ft) | Speed 30

Right, then X18 if possible please.


Male Human (taldan) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 03

Rogar moves to W23 and fires at Glausho shouting as a free action


Downtime Gnome Sorceror (draconic) 4

Init 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
As far west from original spot as I could move.


surprise round
Nihtscada sees the large green form crashing through the woods toward them. Just as she starts to call out, they all hear the Rogar's battle cry as he charges forward. Nihtscada yells "Ambush!" and draws her sickle. "Put them down, and finish your kills-" Suddenly the grasses coil up around the feet of two of the bandits, and the horses of Glausho and Nihtscada.

entangle saves:

bandit Y,18 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17 saved
bandit Z,13 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 failed
Glausho horse 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Nihtscada horse 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Human Mivoni Duelist Fighter(Cad) NPC

Round 1
Errol twirls his sword in his loose grasp. He grins coolly at Norton while his comrades are entangled behind him. "Your boys can handle this, right Glausho?... " He takes a second to get his footing, then nods at Norton to let him know he is ready.


Errol - posted
Green
Kressle
Norton
Rogar
Norton
Glausho +3 bandits
Furiel
Ta'dewin
Mikmek
Nihtscada

map


Downtime Gnome Sorceror (draconic) 4

I didn't realize I could that far sneaking, I would have stopped at M11 where I could see a bandit and support Kressle and Norton. Green was enlarged as they talked. Love the map again!

Surprise Round Produce flame at bad guy in X12.
Range touch 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 11d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Male Human (taldan) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 03

If I'm not mistaken Rogar should go before Norton. 13 vs 12 ini.


Male hp: 35/35; AC:16/14-ff16/14-tch10; F+4, R+3, W+4; Initiative 0, Perception +5

"Errol, you should have thought this a bit more through. Now someone is going to get hurt."
Norton gestures Murak to attack and unsheats his weapon Move action

Then speaks to the rest of the group "Let's do this quick, we have other matters to attend" Standard action: inspire courage, +2 attack +2 damage

Murak moves to the blue cloak in X12 and tries to bite him
Murak Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Bite Damage 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Male Human (taldan) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 03

This should still be in my surprise round

Rogar aims at the bandit named Glausho

Attack roll:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Damage roll:1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Downtime Gnome Sorceror (draconic) 4

Furiel rolls a 1 and Rogar a 3. Not a promising start.


Male Human (taldan) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 03

Are you waiting for me? If so:

Rogar lets another arrow fly towards the bandit called Glausho, again he yells:"For Sal'dor! Kill them all!"

Attack roll:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Damage roll:1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Downtime Gnome Sorceror (draconic) 4

Furiel having thrown a ball of fire not even close to his target, realizes he is not as quick as the bandits, and awaits their actions.

"Green, Kressle, get 'em."


Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 HP 30/44 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+8| Ref:+2 | Will:+3| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (Darkvision 60ft) | Speed 30

Thanks for clearing the confusion up in ooc DM.

The Green Man decides not to give in to the bloodlust welling up in his chest.
clamping his jaws shut in concentration he instead swipes out with his axe at the bandit right in front of him.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Damage: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


Downtime Gnome Sorceror (draconic) 4

Surprise round, throw flame touch clearly missing.

Round 1
AC 13, touch 13, flat-footed 11
hp 18/18
Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +1
Effects:None

Round 1 move to Q10 and throw ball of fire from flame touch at the big bad guy U14.

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 151d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Furiel moves forward to support Kressle and tosses another ball of flame at the enemy facing Norton. As he tosses his ball of flame, the flames surrounding his hands dissipate.

4 fire damage if he hits touch AC 15 - the spell is good for two tosses of the flames-- so it is now done.


Round 1 cont'd

Kressle peeks her head out of the tent "Did I hear my name?"
She looks across the area of battle, and snorts - very much amused by Rogar's battle cry.

Errol glances at her, and his devilish smirk fades for a moment. He then looks back as Norton speaks and draws his weapon. Errol shrugs to show he is not rattled... just before a ball of flame flies from Furiel's hand and smacks against him. He calls out "Glausho! Show me your men aren't worthless. Kill the caster!"

Glausho reacts growling to Rogar's arrow that pierces his thigh. He barks orders as he swings his morningstar at Green. "Bring this beast down, then take out the casters! Nihtscada, bring me that archer's head!"

The thug on foot in front of Green swings his sword at him, then tries to escape the area of entangling foliage. (AoO for Green)
The westernmost thug loads his crossbow and moves behind Errol's mount - putting the horse between Furiel and himself. (AoO for Murak)

rolls:

Glausho(X-Y,16-17) vs Green 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 damage to Green
Glausho horse entangle save 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 fail
(Y,18) short sword vs green 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 damage to Green

(Z,13) save to escape entanglement 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 fail

1,401 to 1,450 of 3,690 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Bloodgargler Kingmaker Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.