Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Bloodgargler's Kingmaker

Game Master BinkyBo

{Kingdom Tracking Sheet} {Downtime} {NPC list} {District Grid}


1,301 to 1,350 of 3,255 << first < prev | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | next > last >>

Male Human (taldan) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 03

After receiving the healing Rogar reaches the others and chimes in:"I'd say we've better settle things with the kobolds before visiting Budgie's old man. And... what's this talk about selling our weapons? I don't think I ever agreed with something like that!"


Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2

The Green Man rubs his forehead, hiding the large smirk he is wearing behind his hand.
And here we go again...we work well together, we get things done...but we are still like a horse who's legs want to go in opposite directions.

"Well, as long as both things gets done, I doubt it matter which we do first. The only difference is that papa Grundy is closer. On the other hand, he is unlikely to move anytime soon."


human ranger 2 NPC

Kressle returns in her old armor and handaxes on her hips. "Gods, it feels good to be back in my armor." She mounts up, and Alice lifts Mikmek into the saddle with her. "I feel the rush of anticipation... without guilt clawing at my guts... without the hate, the rage. Without the - Kobold! Stow that pervy tail before I hack it off."


Downtime Gnome Sorceror (draconic) 4

Furiel joins Green on his horse and says, "Let's see papa Grundy first, he is closer and I hate to travel on horseback any more than necessary."

It sure beats walking on gnome legs.


GM immediate narrative actions 1/day (0/1 remaining)

The farmboys Conrad, Willis, and Arnold Gielgud arrive as you are set to head out. The pull their mounts up next to yours.
Conrad asks about your trip, and when he hears they are without orders after the stable he shrugs "Not a problem, sirs .. m'lady."
"You've been quite the talk up north. Lotta men lookin for work. Blacksmith's taken on two new apprentices... been talkin to my father about reopening an old lumber mill now that South Rostland Road is a bit safer. It's bout an hour northwest - just on the border with Brevoy. He wants me to wait... But if we aren't workin here for a couple days I think I'll check it out..."


Male Human (taldan) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 03

Rogar greets the youths warmly:"Greetings, fine people, greetings! I applaud your initiative and spirit! Rest assured we'll support your endeavour. Reopening a lumber mill is a very good idea and I think you should go check it out. Just let us know what kind of assistance you need!"

Rogar speaks as everyone agrees with him, but he actually has only authority on himself. He's that way, but feel free to disagree if you want, it's just how the character is


Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2

Hnnnh, clear away the weeds and the vegetables can grow. It is really more like gardening than anything else.

"Well, this is a nice homey place, but I enjoy stretching my legs. It is funny, but I have not been able to walk this well since I was a little scrawny boy. The wound is still there, but for some reason...it doesn't bother me so much anymore."


{HP 32/32 | AC17 T12 FF13 CMD17 | F/R/W 5/3/8 | Init +2 Per +11/13 SM+4} Female Human Druid 3 {Kingdom} {NPCs} {Downtime}

"When exploring this mill, please exercise caution. When the wilds reclaim the dens of man, they often remain dens. There may be new residents that will not concern themselves with your safety." Ta'de-win gazes south. "And if you do reopen it, make sure to pay proper respect to the forests. Nature will resist man's touch if forced. Treat it with respect, embrace it as a friend, learn to live in harmony. Nature will provide for us, but we must give back as well. And never be afraid to ask for assistance. I would enjoy to learn how you plan to develop this land, and would gladly offer what I can to help appease the land."

Her preaching completed, she turns back to her companions, her gaze lingering on Kressle for a moment. "I would agree with Papa Grundy first. Though we must hear our new friend's opinion as well. What say you, Mikmek? This may well concern your tribe depending on the outcome."


GM immediate narrative actions 1/day (0/1 remaining)

"I will be respectful... and careful. Good day to you all." Conrad smiles and dismounts - joining his brothers.

Mikmek lifts his hood and answers Ta'de-win "I will not argue against a stop on the way." he lets the hood drop "We will not mention to the clan moving without haste to return Old Sharptooth."

You ride south down the gentle decline again. Far on the horizon are dark stormclouds; riding further, you realize they are well south of your first destination. You do however catch the occasional warm crosswind blowing east.


Male Human (taldan) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 03

Rogar follows Ta'de-win and Mikmek's discussion with a deepening scowl:"Very well... if we are dead set on visiting that old crow... let's move quickly I don't think we need to lose any more time..."


GM immediate narrative actions 1/day (0/1 remaining)

By late afternoon the skies to the south clear up, and it is unseasonably warm. You come to the sidetrail Ta'de-win took to scout several days ago.


Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2

The Green Man inhales deeply and smiles.
"Feel that? That scent on the air?
This is the kind of day it is good to be alive indeed.
Makes a man want to heal a few wounds on the deserving, and crack the heads of other deserving..."


Downtime Gnome Sorceror (draconic) 4

Furiel finishes, "Or set evil heads aflame."

"Be ready, I think papa Grundy was the one that left the goblin tied to a tree the night we went after Kressle."

Furiel urges them on.


Male Human (taldan) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 03

"Yeah... gotta be the sensible one in his family..." adds Rogar in response to Furiel's remark.


{HP 32/32 | AC17 T12 FF13 CMD17 | F/R/W 5/3/8 | Init +2 Per +11/13 SM+4} Female Human Druid 3 {Kingdom} {NPCs} {Downtime}

"I question the wisdom of simply leaving a goblin as such." Ta'de-win leads them up the path, taking caution to check for any tracks or other signs of pursuits, including the avian variety.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

Survival: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16


GM immediate narrative actions 1/day (0/1 remaining)

Ta'de-win leads you along the narrow trail. There is still enough light coming through the canopy to easily find your way. After a half-hour of travel, you come to the small vale. The goblin corpse is gone, but the stake and the remnants of its bonds are still there.


Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2

"Hmmm...Interesting place isn't it? I wonder why he picked this spot for his..."sport".
Oh well, shall we continue?"


Male Human (taldan) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 03

"Shouldn't carrions have dealt with the corpse by now? Anyway, let's proceed, please"Inquires Rogar with a flat tone. He doesn't really seem concerned about the fate of the goblin at all.


human ranger 2 NPC

Kressle looks across the clearing. There are the remnants of a wooden fence in a vague rectangular shape, and other scattered abandoned pieces that appear to be being slowly reclaimed by nature. "Ah... I see where we are. I've never come this way before..."
She stops and looks up as she hears - as you all do "Caw eeya yaw yaw"

The fat crow flies out from the far side of the clearing, and lands on a still standing lantern pole near the fence in the middle of the little vale.
Kressle calls out to the bird."It's fine Bitters, we're not goblins." She looks back toward the group, and points in the direction of the shack Ta'de-win scouted earlier. "His place is right there. To the right of that oak, and back ... there."


Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2

The Green Man is far too content with being out in the wilds again, especially on such a fine day, to even remember his initial suspicions about Kressle, and when he glances over to see her he merely smiles his widest tusk-filled smile.

"Smart bird, and you knew him by name as well, is he the regular one or have you managed to get to know them all?"


{HP 32/32 | AC17 T12 FF13 CMD17 | F/R/W 5/3/8 | Init +2 Per +11/13 SM+4} Female Human Druid 3 {Kingdom} {NPCs} {Downtime}

Ta'de-win will examine the area where the goblin was staked, searching for any unusual signs. Aside from maybe guessing how long since the goblin was taken from here, just a quick search.

After searching the area and listening to Kressle, she asks, "Do we proceed openly or with stealth?"


Downtime Gnome Sorceror (draconic) 4

"There is little to lose attempting stealth as long as you have a clever rejoinder when noticed." Furiel says with a smile.


Male Human (taldan) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 03

Rogar smiles as he spurs his mount forward boldly:"Let's stride forward! No need to hide ourselves! What danger could an old man pose to heroes of our stature, after all?"


{HP 32/32 | AC17 T12 FF13 CMD17 | F/R/W 5/3/8 | Init +2 Per +11/13 SM+4} Female Human Druid 3 {Kingdom} {NPCs} {Downtime}

"The pride of a lion, the sense of a dodo," Ta'de-win mutters as Rogar leads on. "At least he's straight-forward an honest."


Male hp: 35/35; AC:16/14-ff16/14-tch10; F+4, R+3, W+4; Initiative 0, Perception +5

Norton keeps quiet. He thinks the old man is not a threat, even if he is not as bold as Rogar, he knows old men can be very dangerous.


You move across the little vale. As you move down the hill, you start to see the structures nestled in the trees more clearly. A white-bearded rather normal looking old man peers out of the front door of the nearby shack. He takes a step out, and the bird addressed as Bitters by Kressle flies toward him and lands on the top of his walking stick.

The old man leans his head toward the crow as if listening to it. He nods, and walks carefully down the front steps."Kressle? Who ya friends?"

The shack he now stands in front of is about 40' by 60'. It looks like there are two floors, but the bottom floor is half underground.
The building past the shack looks like a 50'x 50' log cabin with narrow gaps in between the logs. The top of the exterior walls are covered with spikes, and several dozen tiny black birds are sitting all over it.


Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2

The Green Man quickly rides up next to Rogar and whispers, "Let Kressle speak, I want to know his mood before we reveal ourselves. If he grows belligerent and attacks us it might end with him getting hurt, no need to agitate an old man right?"


Downtime Gnome Sorceror (draconic) 4

Furiel stays behind Green.
No need to stand out. He might just like stringing up little guys.


human ranger 2 NPC

"These folk have come to rid us of our unkind ... master. They are good people, and have considerable power. I would appreciate it if you could give them some of your time."


"Going up against the horned princess, eh? Sounds foolish, but what do I know." He turns around and starts to walk back into the house.
"Come on in. You can lash yer horses over there." He gestures toward a suitable hitching fence, and continues inside - leaving the door open.


Male Human (taldan) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 03

Rogar seems genuinely puzzled at Papa Grundy's words:"Thanks for welcoming us, old man but... what do you mean by "horned princess"? I thouht the stag lord was a man... not a woman!"


GM immediate narrative actions 1/day (0/1 remaining)

You hear Grundy respond with an "Eh?" as he continues inside.

Kressle turns to Rogar as she dismounts. "I think he was being colorful... He does not hold the Stag Lord in very high regard."


GM immediate narrative actions 1/day (0/1 remaining)

Grundy's


Downtime Gnome Sorceror (draconic) 4

Furiel peeks from behind Green, "Please tell us all you know about her highness."


You head inside. It smells of alcohol and stale smoke - luckily just short of reeking. There are two small round tables inside, a bar with stools, and behind the bar is a large cushioned chair covered in fur which Papa Grundy is pushing aside to get to a tray of mugs.

"Don't you worry ... I may not see too well, but Bitters never lets me miss a spot when I clean the mugs." He speaks a little loud, and either ignores or doesn't hear Furiel. "You can pull those tables together if you all care to sit together. How are you dear?" Kressle opens her mouth to answer when he cuts her off. "How about a drink. A little drink. Who wants a drink?"


Male hp: 35/35; AC:16/14-ff16/14-tch10; F+4, R+3, W+4; Initiative 0, Perception +5

I won't mind some fresh water please. Norton settles himself, old people tend to have their own pace, trying to push them faster is usually useless.


Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2

"You are something of a brewer are you not? How about letting me sample some of your moonshine then venerable master?"
Old people often have fierce pride, let's see if we can't butter the old man up a little with some basic respect...


"Water? Sure ... we can do water. Here lad, run and fill this for us." he hands a large pitcher to Furiel "Out the door and to the right... pump the handle..."

He turns as Green speaks, and holds his hat to look up at him. The skin around his eyes look like it has endured decades of alcohol-induced popped blood vessels and sleepless nights. Papa Grundy has a sizable frame himself, and although a bit doddering, he does not look too terribly weak. "Coming right up. 'Bout all I make now is the "Green Hammer" herbal liquor for that madman, but yer welcome to try it. Apart from that I've got a more ... entry level 3 tuber white lightning, basic ale, and stout. "


Downtime Gnome Sorceror (draconic) 4

Furiel looks like he wants to say something, and to the amazement of even himself he fills the large pitcher and returns without saying a word.


Male hp: 35/35; AC:16/14-ff16/14-tch10; F+4, R+3, W+4; Initiative 0, Perception +5

"It seems you have been here for a long time man. Your knowledge of the place and people around here must be deep. We were hoping you could share some of that with us."


Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2

Madman is it? I wonder if we shall find ANYONE with a kind word to say about the Stag lord. He must be a wretched creature indeed.
"Sounds promising, let us try that, after all, a "Green hammer" should suit a Green Man perfectly."
After having a good look at Papa Grundy, The Green Man feels a bit more respect for the old man, clearly he has seen his share of hard work in his time.


Male Human (taldan) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 03

Rogar nods at Grundy's words:"I'll take a sip of your ale, old man. You seem quite knowledgable about your trade, at least as much as we are about ours. And ours is going to help you get rid of that nice fellow... the Stag Lord... what do you say about that idea?" Rogar finishes by lifting his mug and cheering.


Papa Grundy hands Norton his water, and looks at him intently, then starts looking around at the others. "Yes. Yes I suppose so." He uncorks a bottle and pours a few fingers of green liquor for Green, and smiles with a hint of devilishness.
He fills Rogar's mug and replies "Yes yes very nice of you to say. Good luck with that."
Grundy walks around the group offering drinks while finally (kind of) responding to Norton.

"Good sir. You have the look of a noble. Don't see many of you out in the Narlmarches. Your kind don't seem to fare too well out here. And every time the Swordlords and the rest of Brevoy are sent packing, things just get more catawampus. Unchecked predators, whole sections of woods turning foul... It has been like this for decades.
"The cowardly Fey... who never lose any but the footsoldiers spread like fire. So less than a year ago, this mercenary captain from the south comes along, vows to rout the Fey... unite the people. Well, all we had out here was bandits and victims, and they all ate it up. Once he was in power, he showed his true nature. Stark-raving mad bloodthirsty self-serving monster. The whole area has fled, is dead, or in his service.
"

sense motiveDC19:

As he walks around, his eyes linger on Rogar's sword - and he seems uncomfortable near him after this.

Rogar- just the ale, not the Green Hammer, right?


Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2

The Green Man sniffs the moonshine.
"Woof! Strong stuff indeed, but I like the smell."
As The Green Man is far from a gentleman, he simply opens his cavernous mouth, tilts his head back and swallows the contents of the glass in one gulp.

Sense motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Strange...he seems to dislike the sword, but why? My axe would be a much more obvious target, there is more at work here.


GM immediate narrative actions 1/day (0/1 remaining)

Green Fortsave DC10:

+2Str -1Wis -1Int for one hour no save (further drinks increase the penalty not the bonus.)
Fail save=1d6+1 non lethal damage


Male Half Orc Oracle 2/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2

Fortitude save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

"Ah, like the kick of a horse right to the gut!" The Green Man smacks a fist into his chest with an audible thump.
"That's the good stuff indeed!"


{HP 32/32 | AC17 T12 FF13 CMD17 | F/R/W 5/3/8 | Init +2 Per +11/13 SM+4} Female Human Druid 3 {Kingdom} {NPCs} {Downtime}

Ta'de-win sips from the ale she accepted, "Do you know much of the fey in this area?"


"Yes. Many of the people that lived around here were 'fey-touched'. Treated like dirt all through the River Kingdoms... sins of their father's mother's violators... bah. Group came about. Called themselves the Magpies. All Fey-touched, angry, and willing to do anything to increase their power, and those who spoke ill or worse of the fey-touched would be found gutted in their bed. Now, they work for His Travesty. There are some tolerable, but still untrustworthy fey in the old woods to the west. But the gremlins ... the mites! Oh the blasted mites. No better than roaches with faces that erode your humanity with each blueberry head you pop!" He leans on the bar and catches his breath, reaches for the jug tips it back... empty.. mutters a few words pointing at it.. "Bah!" slams it down.

spellcraft 1 or more ranks or divine caster:

failed casting of create water


Male Human (taldan) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 03

At -2 sense motive it's actually impossible for Rogar to notice Grundy's uneasyness

Rogar seems nonplussed by Grundy's attitude:"I don't think many real swordlords came this way or the situation would be much better. And as for the mites, know we dealt with a whole nest of the creatures just yesterday. I had the pleasure to kill their chief in single combat, so, not only we can help you with the stag lord... we already dealt with your mites. By the way, know that, one day I will join the ranks of the swordlords, so refraining from befouling their reputation in my presence could be wise"


"Oh pay no attention to old fool like me, lad. Didn't mean no offense. Make yourselves at home. I'll be right back. I think I have a bench sturdy enough for the big fellow to sit on." He heads through the door to the right of the bar, and shuts it behind him.

1,301 to 1,350 of 3,255 << first < prev | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Bloodgargler Kingmaker Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.