Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

DM Bloodgargler's Kingmaker

Game Master BinkyBo

{Kingdom Tracking Sheet} {Downtime} {NPC list} {District Grid}


5,251 to 5,300 of 5,412 << first < prev | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | next > last >>

Male Half Orc Oracle 3/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 HP 42/58 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+9| Ref:+3 | Will:+4| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (Darkvision 60ft) | Speed 30 | Rage 9/9 | Channel 4/4

"Gah!"

The Green Man gives a shout of anger, feeling his rage rising in response to the feeling of uselessness.
I am getting a bow when we go back to Stagfall!

Hold action


Though one chaneque and the dominated gathlain Balamew escape, you soon dispatch the magically hindered foes. Within the massive stump, the thawns give you little trouble. Inside an underground rough-walled chamber, you find a small cauldron, miniature crafting supplies, and books.
One book describes the befouling you'd seen at the Temple of the Elk. The transgressions deliberately elicited a curse from the Elkfather. The one responsible.. read by Dolgrym at the defiled temple, Elga Verniex, was also the one who brought these fey from the First World.

You finish your planned exploration, and days later return to Stagfall.


Kesten greets you, and informs you of what has transpired since your absence.
"Overall, things are going well here."

"Loy Rezbin and his wife Latricia wish to construct a settlement within the Narlmarches... not too far upriver from the Karrasin Lumberyard on Skunk River. They have a fair amount of funds, supplies, and support to do so, and would like to be a part of your kingdom."

"A hunter named Oadwilm came by to see you. He has told us that there has been little sign of the Lizard King's forces in the area surrounding his fortress. If true, it might be time to squash the threat... would be good for morale, I believe."


Male Half Orc Oracle 3/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 HP 42/58 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+9| Ref:+3 | Will:+4| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (Darkvision 60ft) | Speed 30 | Rage 9/9 | Channel 4/4

"Very well, we'll hold a council meeting in the morning, but I believe it will be mostly a formality.
I see no reason to deny the Rezbin's their request, and taking on the lizard king has been our intent all along."

Glad to be back in Stagfall, The Green Man chuckles as his belly begins to growl.
"Gyahahaha, the wilderness builds an appetite, time to fill our bellies and get a good nights sleep."

I do not think I've become soft, but I will admit I've learned to enjoy some creature comforts when they are offered."


Dwarf Transmuter 5 | AC 12 (14 w/MageArmor)/10/12 | HP 38/40 | F+4,R+2,W+5 | Init.+0 | Percept.+0 | SenseMotive +0

Dolgrim also takes the opportunity to visit with the builder dwarves, drink some ale and sleep on a soft bed. He would have searched he last battlefield with Detect Magic, looking for any additional interesting items that might have been hidden from normal vision.


Female Tiefling Witch (Winter Witch) 5 (HP 40/40 | AC:16 | T:12 | FF:14 | CMB: +2 | CMD:14 | Fort:+3 | Ref:+3 | Will:+5/+7 vs Illus | Init:+2 | Perc: +6 (See in Darkness) | Speed 30)

Sonechka took everything useful from the stump, even- especially- the books. She nods at Green. "Call and I will be there, my lord. You know where I will be."

Looking forward to banging out some more kingdom and downtime, uh, time.


Male Half Orc Oracle 3/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 HP 42/58 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+9| Ref:+3 | Will:+4| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (Darkvision 60ft) | Speed 30 | Rage 9/9 | Channel 4/4

Looking after the enigmatic figure of Sonechka, The Green Man chuckles a little, but makes sure not to speak until he is sure she is safely out of hearing range, then he leans over to Kesten and stage whispers.
"I've actually NO idea where she will be, and if she doesn't want to be found, I doubt that *I* would be the one capable of finding her."


Female Tiefling Witch (Winter Witch) 5 (HP 40/40 | AC:16 | T:12 | FF:14 | CMB: +2 | CMD:14 | Fort:+3 | Ref:+3 | Will:+5/+7 vs Illus | Init:+2 | Perc: +6 (See in Darkness) | Speed 30)

That's really funny. I love the idea that Green thinks Sonechka is going to go brew potions and cast curses on people in a cave somewhere while she really goes and plays folk music at a vegan coffee shop she runs with her life partner. :)


In the morning at the council meeting, you are introduced to Loy and Latricia Rezbin. Latricia is pleasant.. a tad effusive (she acts similar to a kindly elementary-school teacher to everyone, but seems genuine). Her husband, Loy, is energetic and exuberant.
"An honor to meet all of you!" He lays flat construction plans which had been rolled and tucked under his arm.
"Latricia and I have had plans to do this for quite some time... pipe dreams, they were.. for years. After hearing of the push to tame these lands, we set out to find a locale. I procured surveys from the Narthropples, and I believe we've found an ideal spot for Tatzlford!"

"With some assistance, we hope to grow into a vital part of your kingdom."
The drawings are well drawn, and include a modest castle, a temple, a market area, a tavern, and a bridge over the Skunk River... as well as housing on either side.
"I set up a deal months ago with the Karrasin Lumberyard to get a break on materials due to their supply left over from an abandoned expedition, and the short distance to our site. We've also built up a nest egg to offset your costs. Potential residents are ready to go... to grow your kingdom, and increase your yield in taxes."

"Questions? .. Concerns?"

fort (and upgrade to castle), temple, market, tavern, and bridge costs would be halved.


Male Half Orc Oracle 3/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 HP 42/58 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+9| Ref:+3 | Will:+4| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (Darkvision 60ft) | Speed 30 | Rage 9/9 | Channel 4/4

The Green Man looks over the plans and rubs his chin slowly.
In truth he doesn't have enough knowledge to really mull over things a lot, but it never hurts to be seen thinking.
"What sort of support would you need? And how long do you estimate it would take for Tatzlford to be up and running?"

Halved cost in Tatzlford due to their nest egg? And one of those or one of each of those?


Yes, as well as due to their skill, motivation, and preparedness. The cost of the first of each of those structures would be halved.

"We, unfortunately, cannot shoulder the entire financial burden. We do hope it would be your intention to grow your kingdom regardless... meaning what we are able to provide for ourselves would be considered a boon."

"We could be well underway in a matter of months. We understand, however, your need to continue construction here in your capital is of importance. If and when we begin is wholly up to your majesty and the council."


Male Half Orc Oracle 3/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 HP 42/58 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+9| Ref:+3 | Will:+4| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (Darkvision 60ft) | Speed 30 | Rage 9/9 | Channel 4/4

Druming his fingers on the table, The Green Man considers for a moment.
This works...Stagfall is the capital, we can focus on building that into something grand to impress people...
And now we can slowly build Tatzlfort into a good place for smaller businesses.

Perhaps build a house and tavern there this month and another house and inn next month for example?
That would boost the economy a bit, potentially allowing us to get more BP to build something big in Stagfall.

A toothy grin spreads over The Green Man's face as he realizes something.
"I couldn't really call myself a "king" if all I rule is a city state no? so by funding Tatzlfort, it would be a big step towards actually giving me some legitimacy."

"Well, unless someone has any concerns...?"


Dwarf Transmuter 5 | AC 12 (14 w/MageArmor)/10/12 | HP 38/40 | F+4,R+2,W+5 | Init.+0 | Percept.+0 | SenseMotive +0

"A bit of expansion could be a good thing, so long as our growth is controlled."


Male Half Orc Oracle 3/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 HP 42/58 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+9| Ref:+3 | Will:+4| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (Darkvision 60ft) | Speed 30 | Rage 9/9 | Channel 4/4

"Yes, overextending our reach would be foolish, but at the same time we need to grow.
Not everyone would want to live in a capital, and considering the location of Tatzlford, it is likely to, at least initially, be a haven for hunters and loggers."

"No other concerns? Because if not..."


Female Tiefling Witch (Winter Witch) 5 (HP 40/40 | AC:16 | T:12 | FF:14 | CMB: +2 | CMD:14 | Fort:+3 | Ref:+3 | Will:+5/+7 vs Illus | Init:+2 | Perc: +6 (See in Darkness) | Speed 30)

Starting a second city is a fine investment at this point in the kingdom. I'm good with it.


Male Half Orc Oracle 3/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 HP 42/58 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+9| Ref:+3 | Will:+4| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (Darkvision 60ft) | Speed 30 | Rage 9/9 | Channel 4/4

The Green Man leans back in his chair, drumming his fingers along the armrest.
for the moment he is content to listen a bit as his companions and advisers bring up important points and clarifications.
Eventually the situation becomes clear enough that he can involve himself in the conversation once again.

"Ah well, now that things are a bit clearer, this is what we will do...
Since we are planing on dealing with the so called lizard king soon, we will take the armies out of Stagfall, but we cannot leave our backs undefended.
According to master Broadhammer it will take around three months to build citywalls fit enough for protection.
We will focus on that first, while also sending out some works to prepare the area where Tatzlfort will be build."

"It looks like you will have to wait for the construction to begin until the fourth month master Rezbin.
But while you wait, you are more than welcome to stay here in castle Stagfall.
We can go over further details, and you can get to know the people, some of whom will more then likely join you in the new great endeavour."


Rezbin graciously accepts.
"I could not have hoped for a better offer, Your Majesty. I will take some time to meet with the lumberyard to pass on the good news, and look into hiring hunters to clear out the tatzlwyrm den near the site as well."

The Broadhammers begin construction on the defensive walls.
"Oh aye M'lord.. we can build walls alright... famous for't"

Rojeune arrives, curtsies and smiles at Green, and gives her report to Sonechka.

Sonechka:
"We've had some issues. Mince had been sowing seeds of discontent, and indulged herself in self-aggrandizing delusions. I've had her placed in the cells for plotting against your leadership. Her known accomplices are being held at the estate... though I cannot be certain they've all been rooted out. Having you around for a while will likely help dissuade any further complication of the like... it's good to have you back, M'lady."

She hands you a pendant with a symbol of a bloodshot eye. "This was found among her belongings, and the same symbol was discovered where a man was found murdered in a camp just outside Stagfall. He was allegedly known to be rather abusive toward his wife, and his death came three days ago.. not long after a particularly violent episode. The battered woman now widow has not been seen since."

Sonechka DC15 know religion:
The symbol is for the cult of Gyronna.. known to attract spurned lovers, embittered prostitutes, and victims of domestic abuse or adultery.


Male Half Orc Oracle 3/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 HP 42/58 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+9| Ref:+3 | Will:+4| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (Darkvision 60ft) | Speed 30 | Rage 9/9 | Channel 4/4

"The hunters will meet up with the Greenwood Marshals, that way they can benefit from their experience.
Besides, this will be a good trial by fire for them at any rate."

The Green Man leans back and strokes his chin for a moment, muttering to himself.
"Have to get word to Kressle about that, something tells me she'll enjoy the forest better than the plains anyway."

Rojeune's presence makes The Green Man break out a wide grin and he nods happily at her.

It wouldn't surprise me if she brings less than pleasant news, but she makes a fetching messenger nonetheless.


Female Tiefling Witch (Winter Witch) 5 (HP 40/40 | AC:16 | T:12 | FF:14 | CMB: +2 | CMD:14 | Fort:+3 | Ref:+3 | Will:+5/+7 vs Illus | Init:+2 | Perc: +6 (See in Darkness) | Speed 30)

Take 10 on a Kn: Religion check, success.

Sonechka murmurs her response back to Rojeune.

Murmuring:
"I am surprised she decided to act against both of us. It makes me wonder if she had a sponsor." She pauses for a moment, thinking. "I will question her personally in a few days. Let her sit in the dark with no one to talk to and nothing to eat. I will check in on her 2 nights hence and see what she has to say."

Sonechka takes the bloodshot eye pendant and lets it dangle from her hand as she turns to Green. "We may have a problem, my lord. This pendant was found among the belongings of a woman who fell afoul of the Magpies while we were gone. It is the symbol of Gyronna, patron goddess of spurned women. The same symbol was found at the site of a murder, and the dead man's wife- rumored to be the frequent victim of his fists- is missing."

She gave Green, Norton, Furiel, and the other men present her chill smile. "While I, personally, have little to fear from them, a cult of Gyronna festering in our town could foment a great deal of unrest."


Male Half Orc Oracle 3/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 HP 42/58 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+9| Ref:+3 | Will:+4| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (Darkvision 60ft) | Speed 30 | Rage 9/9 | Channel 4/4

Again The Green Man's fingers begins to drum on the armrest of the chair as a frown crosses his features.
"While religious freedom is something that should be encouraged, cults that encourage murder cannot be tolerated.
Perhaps something we should deal with ourselves, to send a clear message."

"And we should also send a clear message that abuse is not to be tolerated either."

Frowning a little, The Green Man focuses his mind to allow the thought he just had to come forth.
"We should compile a list...a list of all known cults, bandit gangs and organizations that work within these lands and the surrounding areas.
So we can have an easier time knowing what to look for, we cannot allow malicious elements to begin influencing our society at this stage, or indeed ANY stage!"

The fist that slams down on the table underscores the rising anger building in the large half orc ruler.


Female Tiefling Witch (Winter Witch) 5 (HP 40/40 | AC:16 | T:12 | FF:14 | CMB: +2 | CMD:14 | Fort:+3 | Ref:+3 | Will:+5/+7 vs Illus | Init:+2 | Perc: +6 (See in Darkness) | Speed 30)

Sonechka nods and tucks the pendant into a pocket hidden under her voluminous cloak. "I will confer with Rojeune and compile a list for you, my lord."


Male Half Orc Oracle 3/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 HP 42/58 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+9| Ref:+3 | Will:+4| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (Darkvision 60ft) | Speed 30 | Rage 9/9 | Channel 4/4

"Always reliable..."
Calming down slowly, The Green Man nods towards the general area where Sonechka hid the pendant.
"Let's go into town tomorrow and look around, see if we can find any clues as to how big this cult is, and where it might be found."


(When you do so, I'll take a know(local) and diplomacy both DC15 to round up a list of possible suspects)

Kesten nods.. stern-faced. "Good. Let me know how I may be of service. We need to deal with this with haste."

Akiros adds.. "With caution as well, however. Any overreach or missteps could be viewed unfavorably by our citizens. Many would protest against what could be considered a witch hunt. No offense My Lady." He smiles and bows his head to Sonechka.


Male Half Orc Oracle 3/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 HP 42/58 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+9| Ref:+3 | Will:+4| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (Darkvision 60ft) | Speed 30 | Rage 9/9 | Channel 4/4

I'll supply the diplomacy, anybody got knowledge local covered?

"Good, that takes care of our long term plans as well as the short term ones."

Oh, while we are in town, I should check out any postings on the message boards, we might be rulers, but we could always use some PERSONAL addition to our fortunes.

"Ah, that reminds me, if the Tatzlwyrm lair is cleared out without our intervention, make absolutely sure that one of the heads is preserved and delivered here.
I know someone who would appreciate it."

Stroking his bear, The Green Man mutters a little to himself, "Wouldn't mind one myself to be honest...though I'd want the whole thing stuffed and mounted..."


Female Tiefling Witch (Winter Witch) 5 (HP 40/40 | AC:16 | T:12 | FF:14 | CMB: +2 | CMD:14 | Fort:+3 | Ref:+3 | Will:+5/+7 vs Illus | Init:+2 | Perc: +6 (See in Darkness) | Speed 30)
Bregor Rowain wrote:
"Let's go into town tomorrow and look around, see if we can find any clues as to how big this cult is, and where it might be found."

Sonechka nods. "As you will, my lord. I will do my best to prepare us beforehand."

DM Bloodgargler wrote:
Akiros adds.. "With caution as well, however. Any overreach or missteps could be viewed unfavorably by our citizens. Many would protest against what could be considered a witch hunt. No offense My Lady." He smiles and bows his head to Sonechka.

Sonechka gives Akiros an amused smile. "I am not offended by the mere word. In my land, witches lead rather than hereditary nobles. There, power is earned by deeds, not blood." She shakes her head. "I hope I make no secret that I hope to influence our nation in such an egalitarian direction."

The amusement leaves her face as she continues. "But woe to the man who tries to hunt me or mine." She looks back at Green. "I have no respect for these cultists, my lord, but any woman who comes to me with news her husband has been beating her will have my support, however she cares to use it."

Sonechka can hit Kn: Local DC 15 with a Take 10. Or if you need a roll, DM:

Kn:Local: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


Male Half Orc Oracle 3/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 HP 42/58 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+9| Ref:+3 | Will:+4| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (Darkvision 60ft) | Speed 30 | Rage 9/9 | Channel 4/4

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

"Certainly, women have the same right to live free of fear as the men and children do.
You may be sure that I myself shall introduce said man to the feeling of being on the wrong side of a fist should I learn about something like that."


Downtime Gnome Sorceror (draconic) 5

Furiel rounds up a few of his guard and goes 'house to house' of the more suspicious establishments.

Furiel questions them, making as if he knows much more than he does to get those he questions to spill their guts. Each time his story is the same -- "Now is a good time to tell us about the cultists we know about!!"

BLuff: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17
BLuff: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24
BLuff: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34
BLuff: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20


Female Tiefling Witch (Winter Witch) 5 (HP 40/40 | AC:16 | T:12 | FF:14 | CMB: +2 | CMD:14 | Fort:+3 | Ref:+3 | Will:+5/+7 vs Illus | Init:+2 | Perc: +6 (See in Darkness) | Speed 30)

Would Furiel have discussed that with the others before doing it? Because Akiros just warned us to not make this into a witch hunt and Green and Sonya seem to be on board with doing this quietly. I'm fine with him just doing this on his own without talking to anybody about it, but if he would discuss it then it seems like somebody should get a chance to say something before Furiel takes the troops out.


Furiel finds out little in the first few locales. The symbol discovered at the crime scene appears to be the first talk of the cult to hit the streets.

Akiros (and Kesten at a distance) join Green and Sonechka.
Sonechka comes up with a few most likely in the know.. from whom Green gleans a dozen names of woman who fit the bill.
Word comes of Furiel own information gathering. Akiros sends Kesten to speak with the General.

Furiel:
"Lord Green and Lady Alkaeva are having some success rounding up a list of suspects, General... if you care to join us for the questioning."

As they are escorted for interrogation, Akiros assures them they have nothing to fear if innocent.

rolls:
1d4 ⇒ 4
1d4 ⇒ 1
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


DC 20 diplomacy to interrogate without rumors of “unfounded and cruel interrogations” spreading through the nation. Akiros grants +2 aid another to all but the seventh interrogation.


Male Half Orc Oracle 3/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 HP 42/58 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+9| Ref:+3 | Will:+4| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (Darkvision 60ft) | Speed 30 | Rage 9/9 | Channel 4/4

That sounds ominous, is there any way to increase those odds further, magic, other interrogators?
Can we have Norton do the interrogating?


Female Tiefling Witch (Winter Witch) 5 (HP 40/40 | AC:16 | T:12 | FF:14 | CMB: +2 | CMD:14 | Fort:+3 | Ref:+3 | Will:+5/+7 vs Illus | Init:+2 | Perc: +6 (See in Darkness) | Speed 30)

Sonya has a few spells that could be helpful in interrogation- Detect Thoughts, Suggestion, and Charm Person come to mind. They're not in her usual load-out but she'd prep them if they were going to be questioning prisoners.


Male Half Orc Oracle 3/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 HP 42/58 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+9| Ref:+3 | Will:+4| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (Darkvision 60ft) | Speed 30 | Rage 9/9 | Channel 4/4

Well then, let's have Norton (if that's ok) deal with the interrogations as the "good cop" and Sonechka standing by to apply a little bit of magical pressure should we find a promising lead.


Norton leads the rounds of questioning, and does a masterful job... a couple even seem to enjoy the experience. He signals to Sonechka during a few of the interrogations.

Norton rolls:
1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 15 + 2 = 33
1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 15 + 2 = 30
1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 15 + 2 = 34
1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 15 + 2 = 31
1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 15 + 2 = 32
1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 15 + 2 = 26
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33
1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 15 + 2 = 27
1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 15 + 2 = 25
1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 15 + 2 = 28
1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 15 + 2 = 25
1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 15 + 2 = 31
3d12 ⇒ (9, 9, 11) = 29
Sonechka:
There are three which seem suspicious/evasive. What will you be casting?


Male Half Orc Oracle 3/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 HP 42/58 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+9| Ref:+3 | Will:+4| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (Darkvision 60ft) | Speed 30 | Rage 9/9 | Channel 4/4

While he did his best to not show it in front of the others, The Green Man was heaving a great sigh inwardly.
The truth was that he was absolutely terrified of them, and especially him getting a bad reputation amongst the people in Stagfall.

Being a half orc was not a bed of roses, and he had been run off from enough little town and villages in his lifetime to find rejection the perhaps most vicious wound of all.

And now he was a ruler, meaning that more eyes than ever before were on him, and that meant he had to, HAD to be even better.
Wiping sweat from his brow he offered a silent prayer of thanks to all the gods of the green faith that Norton had been there to aid them in this.


Female Tiefling Witch (Winter Witch) 5 (HP 40/40 | AC:16 | T:12 | FF:14 | CMB: +2 | CMD:14 | Fort:+3 | Ref:+3 | Will:+5/+7 vs Illus | Init:+2 | Perc: +6 (See in Darkness) | Speed 30)

Spoiler:
She'll turn on Detect Thoughts while Norton is questioning them, to see if they're keeping anything back. If she doesn't get anything while Norton is talking to them, she'll try Suggestion to suggest she could help them if they would share the information with her. If that doesn't work, her last shot will be Charm Person to make them friendly.


Sonechka:
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

The first woman resists your detect thoughts, and you discover nothing from the suggestion... very likely innocent.

The second resists your detect thoughts.. your suggestion brings some answers... They meet in the cellar of a barn on the outskirts of town. THe leader's named Malgorzata Niska, and there are eight disciples.

The third is has thoughts that show she is another disciple.


Male Half Orc Oracle 3/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 HP 42/58 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+9| Ref:+3 | Will:+4| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (Darkvision 60ft) | Speed 30 | Rage 9/9 | Channel 4/4

The Green Man had managed to calm down a bit by now, and his mind drifted a bit, trying to list the various things left to do.
A war to prosecute...
Should visit that lumbercamp to inquire about the children's mother...
Clear out that Tatzlwyrm den...
Continue with the exploration and mapping of the land...
Probably a lot more than that as well...

Taping his chin, he considers for a moment.
Right now he was not doing any good, and once the information was gathered he would hear it from Sonechka.
Better to perhaps walk into town and look around, he could check the message boards and see if anyone had tasks needing doing out there.
A little extra gold in the groups personal pockets wouldn't go amiss.

Grabbing his hammer, The Green Man heads out and towards the centre square.


Female Tiefling Witch (Winter Witch) 5 (HP 40/40 | AC:16 | T:12 | FF:14 | CMB: +2 | CMD:14 | Fort:+3 | Ref:+3 | Will:+5/+7 vs Illus | Init:+2 | Perc: +6 (See in Darkness) | Speed 30)

Spoiler:
She'll go back a second day to re-question the third prisoner, asking specifically about the make-up of the group, what kind of resources they have, what crimes they've committed, etc.

Sonechka relays the information to Rojeune and has them monitor the barn on the outskirts of town and find and keep track of Malgorzata Niska and her associates.

Sonechka seeks out Green to give him the information they'd discovered from the prisoners. Finding him out and about, she sidles up to him and murmurs "We have a location, my lord, and a name."


Male Half Orc Oracle 3/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 HP 42/58 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+9| Ref:+3 | Will:+4| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (Darkvision 60ft) | Speed 30 | Rage 9/9 | Channel 4/4

"Indeed?" The Green man rubs his chin before whispering back.
Do you think it would be possible to trap them all and deal with them in one blow?
We could lie in wait, and then we surround the barn with some soldiers to make sure they cannot flee, and while they hold the line, we move in and take them out."


Female Tiefling Witch (Winter Witch) 5 (HP 40/40 | AC:16 | T:12 | FF:14 | CMB: +2 | CMD:14 | Fort:+3 | Ref:+3 | Will:+5/+7 vs Illus | Init:+2 | Perc: +6 (See in Darkness) | Speed 30)

Sonechka nods in agreement. "I have the Magpies monitoring them, my lord. Give them a few days to make sure we have identified all of them, then we will do just as you suggest."


Male Half Orc Oracle 3/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 HP 42/58 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+9| Ref:+3 | Will:+4| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (Darkvision 60ft) | Speed 30 | Rage 9/9 | Channel 4/4

"Excellent, why not accompany me into town? I as going to heck the boards for posts about things we could look into when we continue our explorations.
Anything that can enhance our personal fortunes could be interesting.
I certainly wouldn't say no to a new armour."


Female Tiefling Witch (Winter Witch) 5 (HP 40/40 | AC:16 | T:12 | FF:14 | CMB: +2 | CMD:14 | Fort:+3 | Ref:+3 | Will:+5/+7 vs Illus | Init:+2 | Perc: +6 (See in Darkness) | Speed 30)

Sonechka nods. "Of course, my lord. I am sure the dwarves would be happy to craft armor for you; you should ask Master Broadhammer. Outfitting you would be a coup for them, as a warrior of renown and the ruler of their city, both."


Male Half Orc Oracle 3/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 HP 42/58 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+9| Ref:+3 | Will:+4| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (Darkvision 60ft) | Speed 30 | Rage 9/9 | Channel 4/4

As the duo wanders into town, The Green Man muses outloud. While he is addressing Sonechka, he also appears to be articulating his own thoughts, as if speaking them out loud would make it easier to understand.

"Some of the people have taken to calling me "king", but I'm not sure a ruler of a simple city-state can be claim that title.
Establishing a second town will go a long way towards legitimize us in the eyes of other states..."

"Once we have connected Stagfall by road to Oleg's place, that might become our third town.
As it is a border town it might become important to trade, so it's probably going to expand fast..."

"I've been meaning to look in on the children, which reminded me that we should make a trip to the logging camp and hear about their mother.
Plus the camp is close to the area where our lizardly rival resides, so it's an area of interest at any rate."

"I wonder if Jhod is hard at work restoring the temple? Perhaps a small town will be established there in time, with our without our interference..."

"The magpies have proven themselves very competent, and they've been around for some time...
What are the odds that the former leader, and the ones before that have some hidden knowledge that we have yet to discover?
If they had a previous headquarters, there might be hidden knowledge there..."


Female Tiefling Witch (Winter Witch) 5 (HP 40/40 | AC:16 | T:12 | FF:14 | CMB: +2 | CMD:14 | Fort:+3 | Ref:+3 | Will:+5/+7 vs Illus | Init:+2 | Perc: +6 (See in Darkness) | Speed 30)

Sonechka lets Green muse aloud to himself for the most part, not sullenly silent but simply patient. She does respond a few times, indicating she is listening, but she is not the type of person who likes to share her thoughts in public.

Bregor Rowain wrote:

"Some of the people have taken to calling me "king", but I'm not sure a ruler of a simple city-state can be claim that title.

Establishing a second town will go a long way towards legitimize us in the eyes of other states..."

"Once we have connected Stagfall by road to Oleg's place, that might become our third town.
As it is a border town it might become important to trade, so it's probably going to expand fast..."

She nods. "Had Tatzlford not volunteered themselves I would have recommended expanding the trading post into a town first. Closest to Restov and the rest of Brevoy and on the South Rostland Road, it is the place visitors see first and where the majority of imports come into the... country."

"But we would not want to discourage people from establishing communities as they naturally spring up, and if people voluntarily wish to associate with us we would be foolish to refuse them."

"As for your title, where I am from the Wychlaran rule, but that is not a title to which you would wish to aspire. Those with talent and training rule, rather than passing rulership through bloodlines. Perhaps fyrra? Though that is what we call the ruler of an individual settlement, somewhat akin to a mayor."

"If you do not wish to be king, perhaps Prince or Duke? We could be a Principality, such as they have in Ustalav, or a Duchy rather than a kingdom. Though those are largely similar institutions. Do you wish to establish hereditary rulership here?"

Bregor Rowain wrote:

"The magpies have proven themselves very competent, and they've been around for some time...

What are the odds that the former leader, and the ones before that have some hidden knowledge that we have yet to discover?
If they had a previous headquarters, there might be hidden knowledge there..."

Sonechka nodded. "Perhaps, my lord. They are a tight-lipped group. Very competent, and in their business discretion is a hallmark of competence. Learning about their former leaders would be a sensible precaution."


Male Half Orc Oracle 3/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 HP 42/58 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+9| Ref:+3 | Will:+4| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (Darkvision 60ft) | Speed 30 | Rage 9/9 | Channel 4/4

The Green Man nods, it was nice to have someone to listen, especially when that someone was more cerebral than himself, but at the same time not arrogant about it.
So far Sonechka had more or less reflected his own view on things.

"I wonder if that will happen again? People contacting us to build their own town and then join us?
At some point, the influx of new citizen will dry up surely? At that point it's going to be more a case of relocating people from already established towns and watch them grow over generations."

"I think the question of hereditary rule can rest for a little longer, at the moment, no heir can come from my blood, which means my heir would need to be appointed.
And if I appoint someone now and then have a heir of the blood...I've read enough stories to know how that often ends up."

"No matter if it becomes a hereditary monarchy or a meritocracy, we need to make things stable enough that it can survive a transition from one ruler to another first no?"


When you reach the bounty board.. A lightly armored young female half-elf is reading postings to a handsome but grubby and scraggly (and well-armed) young man. He sees you approach and bows "M'lord.. m'lady.", then taps his companion.. who does the same, and steps aside.

You find little on the bounty board. A missing person, stolen horse, job postings.


Male Half Orc Oracle 3/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 HP 42/58 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+9| Ref:+3 | Will:+4| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (Darkvision 60ft) | Speed 30 | Rage 9/9 | Channel 4/4

I take it that the "jobs" are proper jobs, like carpentry and the like?

Shaking his head, The Green Man looks disappointedly at the the slim pickings on the board.
Though he does decide to look closer at the missing person report.
Maybe that might be something that we can deal with during our travels?


Green - correct

Sonechka:
Rojeune comes to you just after midnight with urgency.
"Ten women just entered the barn we'd suspected. It is just south of the road to Quillor... two miles from here."
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Green:
The missing person is a fisherman who never returned from a fishing trip on Tuskwater... lost for three days. Local traders and friends have pooled money for a 450 gold reward.


Male Half Orc Oracle 3/ Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 2 HP 42/58 | AC:17 | T:13 | FF:16 | CMB: +5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+9| Ref:+3 | Will:+4| Init:+1 | Perc: +5 (Darkvision 60ft) | Speed 30 | Rage 9/9 | Channel 4/4

Tuskwater eh? Well, it's not easy to track someone on water, but there could be some information along the shoreline.
And it is certainly close enough.


Female Tiefling Witch (Winter Witch) 5 (HP 40/40 | AC:16 | T:12 | FF:14 | CMB: +2 | CMD:14 | Fort:+3 | Ref:+3 | Will:+5/+7 vs Illus | Init:+2 | Perc: +6 (See in Darkness) | Speed 30)

Rojeune, midnight:
Sonechka slept little and Rojeune found her in her library as the spy-mistress expected. She was on her feet in a moment. "Send runners to Lord Bregor, Dolgrym, Norton, Furiel, and the Marshal and Warden. Give them all a place to meet near the barn but far enough away we will not be seen approaching." She gave Rojeune her chilly smile. "We will see what these women have to say for themselves."

"Possibly, my lord. This is a large, unclaimed territory. There are certainly communities we have not yet met. If we are successful and develop a reputation as fair minded rulers, more people may come to us and ask to join with our kingdom. As for further pioneers, they will eventually stop coming in great volume, but I am sure there will always be a few who wish to start a new life in a new land."

For the first time, Green saw Sonechka look surprised. She schooled her expression quickly, but whatever she had been expecting him to say, it was not that. "My lord, ah... You are... Who told you that you are incapable of passing on your lineage?" This conversation took a weird turn. ;)

5,251 to 5,300 of 5,412 << first < prev | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Bloodgargler Kingmaker Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.