Allow me to help you consider your options with disorganized thoughts and a map...
You have about 4.5 hours of daylight left. It's about 2:30pm now.
Though you do not have an appointment with Beldame, she may informed by Abacus et al, and be expecting you - once she shows.
It would be a stretch to expect her to be terribly upset if you put it off, but the implication was made to members of the Clat and Clew that you would be back tonight.
You have about 3-4 hours more exploring to do in Beldame's hex before it is explored.
Tiny Dogman's lair is a couple/few hours travel through enemy territory.
PC location is Blue X.
Green bordered hexes are allegedly claimed by the lizardfolk Foul King Vesket. (according to Oadwilm the Trapper)
Sorry, life has been a bit hectic, and I've been a bit remiss I admit it.
I think that Green would really prefer to head back, to sort of write one thing off before starting another.
Are we allowed to discuss OOC?
If so, what I noticed that the Beldame mentioned that Vesket bought her services and she sounds like she isn't willing or able to back out of the contract. However, that and her earlier comment about gold being time sounds to me like she may willing to procure services from her. She might be willing to work both sides of the fence, and we would have the advantage of knowing it, while Vesket doesn't.
We may not be able to get her to stop collecting information about us, but it doesn't necessarily preclude her from providing intelligence to us about Vesket, as well. And we might also be able to get her to sabotage Vesket's operations- while she's still doing the same against us on Vesket's contract.
Of course it also runs the risk of giving her information she might give to Vesket about how much we know about what targets in his lands as well as operational knowledge about any sabotage operations we're running against him. So this whole thing could just be her stringing us along to inform on our activities to Vesket.
Plus, if we are to get anything out of her, she'll want our old friend Barndoor back, with all the information he already have.
As far as Green knows, the worm-who-walks back at the tavern already got him back, right? What I mean is, he threatened that they would go get Barndoor tonight and without the PCs in town there's not much chance he could have been stopped. So if she wants Barndoor it wouldn't really be any skin off Green's nose to say 'sure, you can have him back'. Just as long as we don't agree to be the ones to bring him back ourselves or something.
Plus it's not like we can just stay in town all the time to try to stop the Beldame's people from scouting us. I guess I just don't feel like we'd be losing much by agreeing to give Barndoor back. Even if we keep him, Beldame would just send other fey that we probably wouldn't catch.
When it comes to Barndoor, I've been thinking a little, and it strikes me that both Furiel and Sonechka have a point.
Barndoor IS valuable and shouldn't be offered, but Sonechka is right that they know about him and have said that they are going to get him.
Now assuming the Beldame is as powerful as she seem, she may already have collected him, in case the point is moot, but if not, then the trick may be to make them ask for him, that way we may be able to get something for him and still not appear weak.
Oh, yeah, I completely agree that we shouldn't offer to return Barndoor unless she asks for him. Barndoor needs to be returned in trade, not as a gift.
Map Error - The cat on the boulder is medium-sized not large.
Dolgrym - (I counted squares) As it stands right now, you have several options of two small dogs to hit with your pit.
1)There are two small north of the fire,
2)two small southwest of the fire,
3)medium-sized single one southeast of fire,
4)two small-sized visible "inside" the wall-less half of the structure
5)if you move up 20' before casting you can get the pair between the bonfire and the boulder - one small and one medium.
Five of the small thylacine are trying to get to their master. One of the two larger thylacine is as well.
The other larger thylacine is the only one by Green, Dolgrym, and the earthen mini-thug.
Two injured small dogs on Norton and his mount.
The female humanoid is asleep. Dogman and the lynx are dead.
EDIT: Oops no... the larger one by Green is dead.
OK most are saying fall back.
Norton has suggested some sort of ruse. If anyone has more to contribute to a plan of that nature, please speak up.
If not, you should decide which direction to go.
Lizardfolk approaching you are coming from the Southeast.
Thylacine retreated to a grove which is to the Northwest.
The friendly lizardfolk fort is to the East.
Clat, Clew, and Beldame is to the Southeast
Also FWIW ... Glaza mentioned that most of the approaching lizards had red tufts on their heads. The lizardfolk you healed and released earlier today said (in reference to your assistance)
He nods skeptically... a bit unsure if he is truly safe to leave.
"I tell fellow black rings.... Tale would be wasted on red-tuft stouts. They will never show mercy."
He runs his finger along the wide ring of dark pigmentation around his eyes to point out that he is a "black ring".
Red-tuft stout must be another variant of the lizardfolk species.
I said we run and two agreed. I hope we are not back to unaminous approval for all actions.
I posted immediate withdrawal the opposite direction of the approaching force. Last time I tried to force the action after waiting a week of real time for a single decision and flipped a coin in game to break a tie, it didn't work well. I am happy to allow the game to move at its own pace now.
Well, assuming nobody minds, how about my suggestion, into the trees directly away from the approaching lizards, then circle around and retreat towards the Clat and clew.
About a week ago I suggested we head directly opposite the approaching lizards until we were sure we broke contact. Then we can go where we want. As I said before, trying to force the action was my old style, now I just wait until we move along. I think we are back to waiting for everyone to agree, a little slower but keeps everyone happy.
I had hoped our jobs would allow a structure for decisions in the appropriate area--but consensus decisions are fine with me.