Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Bloodgargler Stolen Kingmaker

Game Master BinkyBo


401 to 450 of 2,344 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Taking a closer look at the amulet, Vorik furrows his brow in thought then says, "Could be you've got the right of it, Jaestra." With a shrug of the shoulders he adds, "Could be they'll help. If there's no magic on either amulet, I'd guess it wouldn't hurt to hold onto them."


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

With the former bandits working and the sun rising in the east, Vorik runs his hands through his hair, then walks over to the others.

Keeping his voice low he says, "We've done a good bit of work. Now we should consider what to do next." He flashes a glance at the two loaded wagons. "We could take all of these goods back to Master Oleg's, perhaps rest up from our wounds. Or we could see about these mites and recovering Svetlana's ring while we are in the area."

Starting to pace a little as he thinks, the big man continues, "We've also yet to start mapping the region as per our charter. Not to mention these other groups of bandit both Kressle and the gnomes mentioned. We might have a bit of time, before they start to move in, but likely Kressle had the right of it. If no one is actively defending the territory, these other scoundrels will try to impose their will as soon as they can. Of course, none of this even looks to this Stag Lord himself."

He pauses for a second then says while thinking, "Although, I think taking him on now might be a mistake. It might be better to chip away at his strength from the edges. Build up a bit of fear among his followers and gain a few supporters of our own if we can. Then confront him."

He stops pacing and turns to Vladimir and Jaestra, "What do you both think? Any preferences at this point?"


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

I listen to Vorik patiently, then once he has finished I speak up, "I think we should head back to Mr Oleg and Miss Svetlana's. They could take this gear off of our hands, we could rest up and then begin to chip away at his reputation. Maybe by taking the land he is claiming as his own and providing Law, Order, peace and hope to the people in the area. This would also include going and recovering Miss Svetlana's ring, as well as disposing of the evil Mites. Does that sound satisfactory?"

I hand the amulet to Vorik to take and possibly wear.


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

"I think Jaestra has the right idea. As small of a group as we are, we have to rely on quick strikes and a bit of stealth...that is a bit difficult to do lugging around as many goods as we have recovered so far."

Vladimir glances over toward the gnomes and Kressle, "What do we do about them? Take them back to Oleg's with us, or turn them loose here?"


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

"It looks like it's settled. We head back to Oleg's, and determine our next plan of attack from there."

Following Vladimir's gaze, Vorik takes a moment to think before speaking up, "Hrmmm. A good question. I don't think I want to just set them loose out here. It might be too tempting for them to seek out the Stag Lord again. Plus, it just doesn't seem honorable to leave them in the wild with no food or weapons. I'd say let's bring them back to Oleg's and send them on their way from there. At least that puts a little more distance between them and their former patron."


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 17 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 13 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

Kesten:
When the soldiers bring out the bandit captive, Dieter leans forward and hands Mauersberger a line of rope, "Bind his hands," then ties the other end to the pommel of his saddle. "If you try to make trouble, I will spur my mount. I doubt being dragged behind a galloping horse is something you desire." Dieter nods toward the south, "Ride on."


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

Content that we have made up our mind on where to go, I gather all my things and prepare to move out. "Right, off we go then. Is everyone ready?" I look to the trio of bandits, "Please do not try anything on the journey, if we get to Mr Oleg's safely and without trouble, we shall let you go as promised."

I look up to the platform where I made camp and speak quietly to myself, but not as quiet as I think, "That was rather comfortable, maybe this camping out won't be too rough?"

Edit :

I look about the camp and try to see if I can see or hear anyone approaching the camp, that could cause us more trouble.

Perception : 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Vorik sees that the wagons are all hitched and that the former bandits ride in the one that doesn't carry any weapons. After saying a quick prayer for the dead, he'll take up the reins of the wagon following the bandits and give wave to the others that he's ready to depart.

Handle Animal - 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


Dieter:

Budgie the bandit cooperates and chats as he is being bound. "Won't make no trouble, no sir. Full redemption minus a few fingers, yes sir, as it were. Don't plan to lose any more, no sir."

You ride south across the slightly downward sloping plains .. nine miles to the northeast edge of the forest. You pass a swath of stumps before you reach the treeline, possibly used to build the palisade around Oleg's. The northern part of the woods are mostly large and straight evergreens.

You continue further south. The land to your left varies, but is primarily low hills and plains.. Some stunning lush ponds with abundant life .. Some rocky near-lifeless areas. To your right, the woods look much the same for several miles.
About six hours later, Budgie clears his throat and speaks up, starting to sound a bit worn out "We .. uh .. we usually lunch here. Right about here.. " he cocks his head to the side and motions with his bound hands.


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Vladimir, seeing that everyone is ready to go, climbs aback Shadow and begins the ride back Oleg's Trading Post.


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 17 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 13 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

Budgie:
"If we were to stop here to rest, and the charter-bearers were returning from the camp, would we be in their path?"


Dieter:

"Yes sir. If their intention is to return to Oleg's, then most definitely, sir."


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 17 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 13 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

Budgie:
"Then we will camp here, and you had best hope that they do find us." Dieter dismounts, and begins unpacking his bedroll from the saddle. "I think we all need a rest. Goodman Mauersberger, tie our prisoner's hands and feet behind his back and find a shady spot for him to lie nearby. That will prevent him requiring our attention while we nap." Untying his bedroll and billowing out the material, Dieter lies down and sighs heavily, lightly snoring within moments.


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Vorik tries to keep an eye out for any trouble while also concentrating on driving the wagon over the rough, narrow forest path. As they approach the path where they found small tracks yesterday, he calls ahead to Jaestra and Vladimir, "Keep a sharp eye. If those other creatures are about, we might make for a tempting prize."

Vorik - Perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Vorik - Handle Animal 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Taking note of Vorik's warning, Vladimir tries his best to be a bit more on guard.

"Will do, Vorik."

Perception:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Wait, what do you mean we are in a forest? I don't see any trees.


The gnomes nod in response to Jaestra .. Kressle's expression looks a little less tortured. She gives a slight nod, and comes close to making eye contact with Jaestra when she quietly thanks her.

You exit the forest, and turn north along the treeline. You come to the deer stand and hitching fence, and then continue.

taking both the wagon from camp and the cart from the bag men?


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Bloodgargler: I think we are taking both. If Jaestra and Vladimir prefer to be in the saddle, one of the gnomes could drive the cart.


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Makes no difference to me. I can drive the cart or we can load everything into the wagon and leave the cart.


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

I would prefer to stay in the saddle of the horse, however it is suits the group better then I shall drive the cart.


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Vladimir will drive the cart. Handle Animal (Take 10) = 16


human ranger 2 NPC

You travel for several hours .. the bandits are quiet for the most part. On an occasion when Jaestra happened to be riding near Kressle, the former bandit leader spoke .. "I was wondering. Wondering about the man who wore that amulet before you.. He is dead, I assume?"


Human NPCFighter3

Dieter:

Kesten wakes you .. "Riders from the south .. little better than a quarter mile away. Wagon and cart. Could be your fellow charter holders?"


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 17 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 13 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

Kesten:
Dieter wakes with a start. "Thank you, Ser Garess. We had best mount our horses in case it is not who we expect." He rolls up his bed, stows it beside his saddle, and clambers upon his horse. He squints his eyes to get as good a look as possible at the oncoming travelers.


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

I look to Kressle with a sad look upon my face, "Happs? I'm afraid he is no longer with us, he is roaming free with the Great Elk Father. He chose to die with honour, rather than be maimed and hunted, as he put it. I heard that the two of you were close, I'm very sorry for your loss."

During the journey back to Olegs, I keep an eye and ear out for anything threatening, other people or even the Mites along the road.

Perception : 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26


human ranger 2 NPC

Kressle nods "I gave him that amulet .. he did not know the meaning of it. Those amulets were for the Stag Lord's original forces."
"I left the fort after being assaulted by a few of the others. I found these fellows out here .. living off of the Grundy's scraps. Tried to whip them into shape."
"A few weeks later, Stag Lord's men came out here, that's when I was told we work for him. Happs found it exciting, I .. had been there before .. but never told him. He never met the Stag Lord in person .. mistook everyone's fear for respect.
"


You notice a small camp ahead .. just past the crest of a low hill along the treeline. Two men in mismatched armor and a man with white hair and wearing a green and yellow trimmed courtier's garb watch you approach.

Dieter:

Kesten speaks to you while watching the group approach. "Ah .. I think it is them. Oleg mentioned the red-bearded mountain."


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Vladimir calls out to Kressle, "Do you recognize these men?" he says, gesturing to the small camp ahead.

"How about you, Vorik, Jaesta? They look familiar to either of you?"


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 17 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 13 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

"Thank you, Ser Garess." Dieter raises his hand and calls out, "Ho! Are you the charter-bearers from New Stetven?"


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Vladimir brings the cart to a stop after hearing the white haired man speak.

"That we are. Who is asking, and why?"


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

I look to Kressle, "When we put a stop to the Stag Lord's reign of chaos and Lawlessness, I shall take it upon myself to pay them back for what they have done to you. Us women have to stick together, even if we have different back-grounds."

I turn to face the small camp and then Vladimir, "I don't recognise them, no."

I draw "GoldFire" nock an arrow and aim towards the camped group. "Who wants to know?"


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 17 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 13 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

The white-haired man touches his fingers to his heart. "I am Ser Stolzdorf, of House Lebeda. I have come from New Stetven with the soldiers requested to garrison Goodman Leveton's trading post. He told us you were attempting to clear out a band of bandits. We came to assist."


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Vladimir turns to Jaestra and quietly says with a smile and a wink, "Seem all of the nobles are coming out the woodwork, eh?"

Turning his attention back to Ser Stolzdorf,"Perhaps you will be able to help on our next expedition out, we are currently on our way back to Oleg's. I assume you have papers verifing your story, good sir?"


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 17 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 13 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

"That I do. I assume you have yours?" Dieter spurs his horse to a slow walk until he is ten feet from the cart. He reaches into his belt pouch and withdraws his charter, holding it up for perusal. "Now, to rectify this disadvantage, may I have your names?"


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Shaking his head at Vladimir's question Vorik says, "Never seen 'em before. Although wait a second, isn't that our good pal Budgie?"

With a loud "Whoa!" and gentle pull of the reins, he brings the wagon to a stop near the three men. Giving the group a closer, wary look he offers a slight bow of the head to the man who called out. Once the man introduces himself, Vorik offers a smile and says, "Vorik Torgrimson, at your service."


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

Spotting Budgie I face him, "Hello Budgie, you're not causing trouble are you?"

Hearing and seeing that he contains the same papers as us I lower "GoldFire" and put her back over my shoulder. Turning to face Vladimir, "So it would seem, this is a most noble of quests though."


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Glancing over Dieter's charter, Vladimir is satisfied with what he sees, dismounts the cart and produces is own charter.

"A pleasure to meet you Ser Stolzdorf." he says walking over to Dieter, "Vladimir Ducheski." he continues, extending his hand to Ser Stolzdorf.


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 17 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 13 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

Dieter raises his eyebrows and accepts Vladimir's hand. "Ah, a Ducheski. One of the 'new money' families. Don't be offended - of all the houses, Lebeda respects success through mercantile pursuits the most. Well, met Ser Ducheski. You are traveling back to the trading post? Did you already clear the bandit camp?"


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

"That we did." he says gesturing toward Kressle and the two gnomes. "These three have seen fit to seek redemption, there were others who did not."


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 17 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 13 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

Dieter nods and asks, "What are the gnomes called?", then motions with his head toward Budgie. "He was at the trading post when we arrived. Did he also seek sword-point redemption?"


Budgie waves sheepishly with bound hands when he is referred to .. "The gnomes are brothers Rillo and Bunyon." He then nods to the two gnomes and bows to Kressle. "Just out for a little walk, yes sir. Heading back now? Splendid."


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 17 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 13 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

Dieter looks at Budgie, then looks back to Vladimir. "I assume the servile attitude means, "yes." Do you need anything before we depart? Does anyone require healing?"


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2
Dieter Stolzdorf wrote:
"Does anyone require healing?"

"Require might be a bit overstated, but I would not refuse the offer. Perhaps it would be best off to wait until we make it back to Oleg's, you never know for sure what is going to happen and if someone may have a greater need than I currently do."


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 17 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 13 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

"Then let us go. This is Ser Kesten, House Garess. He is the commander of the garrison troops. That man is Mauersberger. We left another named Loomis at the trading post." He turns toward the soldier. "Mauersberger, you may release... Budgie. We have his word." He turns his horse and spurs it forward.

*cue traveling music*


Human NPCFighter3

"I will be stationed with my men at Oleg's, keeping the base camp secure during your expeditions. It is an honor to serve with noble men of action." He salutes with a fist over his heart. "And M'lady of course." bowing to Jaestra, before returning to the saddle.


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

BloodGargler, is or was Kesten part of the watch in New Stetven? If so we would probably know each other, also if he is / was could you please tell me his rank?

I look at Dieter, and pull out my copy of the Charter, show it to him and then place it back into my pack. "It would seem that there are many people who signed up to undertake this noble quest, more than I would have thought. My name is Jaestra Gelabraes, but you can just call me Jaestra Sir Stolzdorf."

Seeing a man of the Law I bow my head in respect.


@Jaestra -He was not part of New Stetven watch to your knowledge .. he was sent from Restov in a non-military capacity. Essentially a volunteer militia of three. Recalling anything specific regarding Kesten requires a DC20 know(nobility) check


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

Ah, okay. I don't have any knowledges so I wouldn't know.

I lean in towards Vorik and whisper to him, "Sir Vorik, are you sure your not of noble birth? Currently you are the only Charter holder here who is not. Not that you need to be, you must feel free with no weigh of a name weighing you down."


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Chuckling at Jaestra's whispered comment, Vorik leans down and quietly replies.

Jaestra:
"Nay, unless you consider a common soldier and blacksmith, a seamstress, or a village full of fisher folk noble. It's certain you can say I'm free of the weight of a high born name."

Shrugging his shoulders he adds, "I've seen too many men who think because they were born to a certain house, they can do no wrong or are better than those who work the land. It is deeds more than birth which are important in my book. Already your actions along with those of Vladimir and Peregrine are why I value our companionship and feel fortunate for our meeting."


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

I smile at Vorik's comment and whisper back.

Vorik:
"It is true that some of noble birth consider themselves above everyone else, but without everyone else they are noble of nothing. I would much rather spent my time with the honest hard workers than other "nobles" and in fact most of my life I have. In secret I worked and sweated with the Guard of New Stetven and made a name for myself, without them even knowing who I was. As you can imagine my parents were not happy when they found out. Anyway, I speak too much, but I also value your companionship Sir Vorik and am most happy that we both share a common dream."

I look to everyone else, "We should get back to Mr Oleg and Miss Svetlana's, I am sure they will be pleased with our results and we should rest up before going after these Mites."


Human NPCFighter3

After you start moving again, Kesten rides near Vladimir and after a moment speaks .. "So .. Ser Ducheski... Seems you have been acting swiftly. How many bandits captured or killed so far? 'Spose they'll leave us be for a while, eh?" .. curious, but not wanting to sound 'green' maybe ...

401 to 450 of 2,344 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Bloodgargler Stolen Kingmaker All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.