Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Bloodgargler Stolen Kingmaker

Game Master BinkyBo


351 to 400 of 2,577 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

With a fierce look of determination in his eyes, Vorik waits until Jaestra's arrow flies and then sprints for the bandits on the south side of the stream.

Vorik - Sprint to P26


"GRraawr!! Kressle! What is this treachery!?" The large bald man with the Ustalav accent receives an arrow to the chest. He urges his horse toward from where he saw the arrow fly, while readying his lasso. He sees Vorik dashing out from hiding and keeps going. "Who the -- To arms!", calling back to the others. He glares at Jaestra as he approaches tossing one end of the coiled rope to his other hand...
(move to (N,16)


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Surprise Round

As the heavy set man approaches on his horse, Vladimir darts out of his position under the platform, slashing at the bandit leader.

Move to N15 on a partial charge action. No expertise this round due to the charge, shield readied AC = 16 until Vladimir's round 1 action.

Charging Attack:1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 = 14 (charge)
Damage:1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Hruska licks his lips as he prepares for his target who happens to be his favorite gender to lasso, when Vladimir's duelling sword skips across a couple scales of his armor and finds its way to his unprotected area under the arm.. "These are no bluecloaks! Fall back! *cough* Fall back!"
Round 1
Vorik
Hruska
Vladimir
Jaestra
Thugs

map


The two thugs at the south platform are just now catching on .. They look like they are just realizing they should be getting ready for a fight as Vorik nears them. A pale gaunt human carries a longsword, the other (looks like a larger than average half-orc with a serious astigmatism) reaches for the greataxe strapped to his back. These do not look like a couple of average bandits ..


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

As the large bandit is so close, I get +1 to my attack and damage due to Point-blank shot.


ah yes .. that will be a hit then


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Noticing the unusual look of the two bandits, Vorik takes a quick step back using the wagon to insure villains can't surround him. With shield raised and hammer poised to strike, the paladin waits for the two to make close the gap. Adding a little fuel to the fire he says to the half-orc, "Well, you're a mighty ugly fellow. Which of the gods did you tick off? Why not step over here and I'll see what I can do about rearranging that mug of yours."

Round One
Vorik - 5-foot step to O27
Vorik - Hold action until engaged then attack. 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Vorik - AOO(Just in Case) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
AOO Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Hruska knees his horse in attempt to bowl over Vladimir while throwing his lasso at Jaestra .. "Come to me leetle girl.."

Trip vs CMD 161d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15: fail
lasso vs AC 161d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23: success

Having been unsuccessful knocking over Vladimir, Hruska leaves himself open as he hurls the loop of is rope around Jaestra. AoO for Vladimir

Lasso from PRD:

Lasso: This thrown weapon is a length of rope with a simple open knot on one end that allows you entangle a foe like you would using a net. The DC to cast a spell while entangled with a lasso is 10 + the spell level being cast. An entangled creature can slip free with a DC 15 Escape Artist check as a full-round action. The lasso has 2 hit points and AC 10. It requires a DC 23 Strength check to break it. On a successful hit, the lasso tightens; to use it again you must spend a standard action sliding the knot to enlarge the loop.


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Seeing an opening created by Hruska's attempt to lasso Jaestra, Vladimir makes two quick slashes at the bandit again.

AoO Attack:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 - Potential Crit!
Damage:1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Round 1 Attack:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 (Expertise, AC = 19)
Damage:1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Confirm AoO Crit?:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Damage:1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Hruska looked as though he was planning to escape once his catch was secure. Assuming Vladimir was on the ground, he screams out startled as much as injured and releases the rope. Vladimir's second strike finds its way under his foes spasming arm and skewers one too many vital organs. The bandit leader starts to slowly slide off his saddle when the horse helps him off with a disinterested little buck.

Jaestra .. move action to free yourself from not fully tightened lasso. You can replace posted round 1 action.


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Since Hruska died with my standard action from round one, can I move to (M,21) for my move action while finishes dying?


yep got it


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

In that case I will still shoot and then spend my move action to free myself.


The thin human speaks to the bug-eyed half-orc and points to Vladimir .. "You get this one .. I'll handle the swordsman." He then gestures at Vladimir, chants briefly .. and a bright purplish-blue light bolts out of his hand -- striking Vladimir as he approaches. The thin human finishes with a "Heeyah" urging his horse toward his target.

The half-orc charges on his horse, wielding his greataxe. He leans in his saddle to swing as he rides by.

rolls:

human
magicmissle1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2: damage to Vladimir
move (W,31) to (U,27)
half-orc
ride check1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
greataxe vs Vorik1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8: miss
move to (P,26)

The bug-eyed half-orc's axe hits the wagon beside Vorik, while Vorik's hammer smashes into the half-orc's shoulder.


Round 2
Vorik
Vladimir
Jaestra
Thugs

map


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

Once free of the Lasso, I draw and nock another arrow and aim "GoldFire" towards the bandit away from Vorik (U27) and let my arrow loose.

"GoldFire" attack : 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
"GoldFire" damage : 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Keeping his shield high, his expression calm and calculated, Vorik maintains his ground and aims another blow at the half-orc.

Round 2
Vorik - Attack half-orc bandit 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Vorik - Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

AC:18 HP:11/11 Effects: None


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Vladimir thinks to himself, I was hoping to save this for some other time, but I really don't have much of a choice... as he drops his shield and quaffs the potion given to him the night before.

Free Action = Shield drop, Move = Pull potion, Standard = Drink

Potion CLW:1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Well that potion was less than great. HP=9/11, AC = 16


Human Expert 4 / Doctoral Student 5

*dot*


The bug-eyed half-orc's forward momentum is gone, and he finds himself pinned out of position by Vorik's shield .. right before the hammer swings around it -- shattering bone. The half-orc falls from his saddle.

The gaunt human bandit at the edge of the stream hears the fatal crunch of his ally behind him, sees Vladimir "juice up", and starts to rethink his strategy... An arrow fired by Jaestra sinks deep in his right pectoral .. his sword arm goes limp. He lifts his left black-gloved hand and brings it to his mouth as if whispering to a captured bug. He then looks at Vladimir and gestures toward him "Tell her to stop shooting"

Vladimir Will save DC11:

actually DC13, but you get +2 bonus in combat.
fail= you are fascinated, and view him 'indifferently' and do not see his request as unreasonable.


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Will Save:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

...and I'm effectivelty out of the fight....


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

Hearing Vladimir to tell me to stop shooting I look down to him, "Why, did they surrender? They don't look like they surrendered, but okay I will stop shooting."

I spend my move action climbing down the tower and my second move action to sling my bow on my back and draw my sword as I walk towards the remaining bandits. (I can make it to N20 with my blade out)

Standing next to Vladimir, "What? You said stop shooting him, you didn't say anything about cutting him..."


oops:

rolled this guy's spells randomly .. first time I've used hypnotism. This guy would need a std action to dismiss spell before Vladimir could talk. For continuity's sake we'll just say he was charmed, not hypnotized.


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

So ... did Vladimir tell me to stop shooting the bandit still?


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

DM Bloodgargler:
Where did the casting bandit move to? From where he started the round he would have to be a 12th Level caster to target Vladimir with either spell.

If he moved on his mount, he would have to make a Concentration check (DC 10 + Level of the spell) or lose the spell due to vigorous motion as described on page 206 of the Core Rulebook.

If the spell was hypnotism the effect would not take place until his turn on Round 2 as Hypnotism has a one round casting time (or later if he had to move to target Vladimir).

If the spell was Charm Person, Vladimir would get a +5 bonus to the save (irrelevant in this case), and would become friendly, while still retaining my own will to say what I will (as long as I am sticking to treating the caster as friendly. Odds are I would say something along the lines of: "Hold on, cease fire. He is not our enemy."

Sorry to go all "Rules Lawyer" on you, just trying to figure out what is going on. Please advise.


Vladimir:

yep .. that's why I changed it to charm person .. he'll move to (R,23) and std action cast. Sorry for the mess.


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

With the ruling being charm person (any chance for the concentration check?) Vladimir would say (instead of the directed speech):

"Hold on, cease fire! He is not our enemy!"


conc check:

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
DC 11 vigorous motion and spell level 1 .. arrow damage was before casting started so that is not added in.


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

DM Bloodgargler:
I know it was a low chance, but stranger things have happened. :) Can't wait for 2nd level so that I can pick up that level of bard (and the associated +2 to Reflex and Will) *laughs*


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Hearing Vladimir's shout as the half-orc falls to the ground, Vorik is baffled for a second saying a quick, "What the....his partner just tried to take my head off?!"

He checks to make sure the half-orc is out of the fight for good, and then grabs the reins of the horse. In a gruff, clear voice he says, "If you be surrendering mage, dismount and don't utter a word. Otherwise, we'll see if you fair any better against Astridonoir than your friend over there."


The bandit looks around .. then speaks quietly to Vladimir .. "Tell them not to worry .. I'll be back..." He gives a weak smile .. crooked teeth outlined in red as he spits out his own blood, and starts turning his horse toward the way from which he came. He speaks gravely to Vorik, "I've pledged my life to the Stag Lord, it is no longer mine to offer..." and starts to urge his horse forward.

still at (R,23), just turned around.

Round 3
Vorik
Vladimir-charmed
Jaestra
Bandit

map


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

Seeing the Bandit start to leave I glance over to Vorik, "Sir Vorik, what should I do? Attack or stand down? He could be going to get re-enforcements! Please advise me!"


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Seeing the mage turn, Vorik attempts to quickly mount the captured horse in order to go after the fleeing bandit. Unable to get the skittish horse under control easily, he looses a few precious seconds getting in the saddle, but then moves to engage the mage.

Shouting quickly to Jaestra he says, "He's not surrendering, take him down if you can."

Round 3
Vorik - Fast Mount 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 (Fails)
Vorik - Move Action to Mount
Vorik - Move to S24
Vorik - Guide with knees 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

Hearing Vorik tell me to take him down, I charge at the bandit without making a sound. Before I charge I speak quietly, "Sorry Mr Vladimir, but Sir Vorik has asked me to stop him from leaving."

Charge Attack : 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Charge Damage : 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

I will charge to square Q22. Darn, I doubt that hits! :{


The bandit takes hold of his reins with his one good hand and tries to flee before Jaestra and Vorik completely cut off his escape..

He attempts to withdraw directly east, first square of movement not considered threatened, but will provoke AoO from Vorik for second square of movement.

if AoO misses:

he moves 80 feet directly east (20 feet of distance is difficult terrain)


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

If he gets away from Vorik and myself, I will draw "GoldFire", nock an arrow to her string and loose it at the fleeing bandit.

"GoldFire" Attack : 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
"GoldFire" Damage : 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Move Action to draw and nock an arrow.
Standard Action to fire.
Free action to drop my sword.


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Vorik swings his hammer as the man tries to ride past. To the bandits fortune, the weapon goes wide and with a growling curse Vorik turns to pursue.

Vorik - AoO 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Vorik's swing misses and the bandit slips away.. he looks back to check his lead on his pursuers, when an arrow comes from his blindside -- piercing his throat. He falls from the saddle, and the horse slows then stops a few yards away.
Vladimir has a brief flash of concern for the bandit before the spell effect ends completely.


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Finally shaking the effects of the bandit's charm spell, Vladimir realizes the battle is over. "I am sorry for my behavior." he says to Vorik and Jaestra. "I...I'm just not sure what just happened there, perhaps an enchantment spell of some sort, or at least I think I remember Astavos describing those sort of thing that way."


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Seeing the bandit fall, Vorik breathes a quick sigh of relief and gives Jaestra a smiling wave. Then, hopping down from his mount he wrangles the other mans horse and wraps the reins to a nearby tree. Seeing no other threats, he'll help drag the bodies closer to camp and do a quick search for any valuables or useful goods.

With the search finished, he hands a couple of shovels to the two gnomes saying, "You two can start earning your keep by digging the graves for these three. We wouldn't want their filthy carcasses to attract any wild beasts."

His eyes taking in all of the horses recovered so far, Vorik says to Jaestra and Vladimir with a chuckle, "Well if nothing else, we've the beginnings of a decent horse ranching outfit."


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

Seeing the fleeing bandit drop to the ground, I relax, bend down and pick up my sword. I stand up straight and sheath it, then place "GoldFire" over my back. Seeing Vorik wave I blush, but am distracted by Vladimir's speaking, "Don't worry Mr Vladimir ... could I call you Vlad? I have heard those magicks can be quite dangerous, it was a good thing that he did not tell you to attack us."

I am distracted again, this time by Vorik speaking to the Gnomes, "Talking about attracting, I had better go and disarm those traps." I walk over to the traps and carefully disarm them, bringing them back into the camp already triggered. I place them next to all the gear by the fire. Looking to Vorik as he jokes about the horses, "The beginnings, yes, but we would need to build a stable to house them all, unless we were to sell them to Mr Oleg and Miss Svetlana, or give them to us as they were so gracious to offer us free lodgings the other night. Maybe once we have completed our charter, we could set up a small school? You could teach people how to ride, I could show people the ways of traps and teach them the proper use of them and Mr Vladimir could teach students the art of combat? I think that sounds quite peaceful and hard work ..." I look as if I am far away in thought at the idea I have been speaking of.


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2
Jaestra Gelabraes wrote:
"Don't worry Mr Vladimir ... could I call you Vlad? I have heard those magicks can be quite dangerous, it was a good thing that he did not tell you to attack us."

"Vlad? I do not see why not. You certainly wouldn't be the first to call me that." he says with a smile.

"I do not believe you would have been in any danger should he have told me to attack you or Vorik. It was more of a sensation that the mage was a trusted friend, rather than an ability to control my will."


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

I smile at Vladimir, "Well then ... Vlad ... I'm glad to hear that it was not severe, but it's still worrying and scary that someone can make you think such things."


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

The Trip to Oleg's:

Dieter dismounts from his horse, obviously cramped and sore from the long ride. He grimaces as he stretches and dusts himself. "A bed would be most welcome, Goodman Leveton. The road does not agree with me this time of year." He pauses, briefly processing what he just heard and looking Oleg in the eyes. "Bandits? This far north? I knew the River Kingdoms has been rife with them for years, but this close to the Rostland Plains? Tell me what has happened."


Dieter:

"Well it started several months back .. whole mess of em strolled in, bold as brass.. Stole most of my supplies, and physically harassed me and my wife. After that, they returned every month .. This morning, however, the other charter carriers were ready for em. Took em out in seconds, and then went to clear out their camp in the woods."


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

Oleg:

"Then we have come just in time. Come, Ser Garess! Bring Loomis and Mauersberger, we haven't time to rest. Grab the captive bandit and bring him along. He will show us where to go. It is time you earned your keep." Despite visible weariness, Dieter remounts his horse. "Goodman Leveton, if the charter-bearers return, tell them we are heading toward the camp and likely missed them in the journey. We will return immediately upon reaching the camp and ascertaining their safety."


search results:

120 total gold
3 waterskins

Hruska- light crossbow, 18 bolts, labeled cure light wounds potion, scale mail.

Thin human- cold iron longsword, silver stag skull amulet.

Half-orc- greataxe, hide armor, punching dagger.

Halfway between camp and where the path separates from the river .. you find a one-horse cart full of crates of liquor, jars of honey, and packets of tobacco.


Militia Leader

Dieter:

Kesten's face is difficult to read ... after a moment he nods "Loomis, get the wagon unloaded, and get our interim shelter ready for our return. Goodman Oleg, bring us this captive bandit. Mauersberger, you're with us.. the bandit is your responsibility."
Oleg brings out a young man, missing a few fingers ... he appears human other than a very slight point to his ears. After twenty minutes of preparation, you are ready to ride. Budgie the bandit pointing the way south to and around the outskirts of the woods.


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

I pick up the silver amulet, "This looks just like the one we found on the others ... Do you think this Stag Lord gives them to his men, so people know they are his? Could they help with getting us to see him with less resistance?" I pull the silver amulet that I am wearing up for everyone to see the similarities. Unfortunately as the string is not long, it only moves a little amount before stopping. So people wishing to spot any differences would have to lean in close ... if there are any differences.

351 to 400 of 2,577 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Bloodgargler Stolen Kingmaker All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.