Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Bloodgargler Stolen Kingmaker

Game Master BinkyBo


1,101 to 1,150 of 2,641 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>

Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

"While I'm comfortable in the wilds, stalking is not my forte. Would someone like to creep forward to learn more?"


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

"I can try; I am not the stealthiest of Halflings, but I dare say that I am better at it than the average human in armor... Just be prepared to coming running if things go south!"

Assuming that there is consensus, Hrafen will sneak forward for a better look...

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17.


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Vorik squints against the bright daylight but can't see whatever it is the others are alarmed about. Shrugging his shoulders he turns to Hrafen saying, "I think both Vladimir and Jaestra are good at moving quietly, if you'd rather not go on your own. I'm also happy to provide a bit of a distraction if that would be useful."


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

I dismount and quietly try to follow Hrafen, keeping about 10-15 feet to the side of him. trying to blend into the surroundings.

Stealth : 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

In one hand I hold "GoldFire" and an arrow, the other hand rests on the handle of my blade, ready in case I am ambushed.


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Vladimir creeps along, bow readied, keeping roughly 15 feet to the opposite side of Hrafen as Jaestra.

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Vladimir, Hrafen, and Jaestra make it about 150 feet before the one walking turns their direction. You hear him yell in a bestial voice toward the tent. "Hey! Get up. Old man musta called for help somehow." he turns toward the hut and sprints, while another two emerge and stand from the lean-to.

It is not immediately clear who or how many of you he has spotted, but they are about 100-120 feet away from at the moment.

Knowledge(nature) DC12:

They appear to be bugbears


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

Knowledge (nature) 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

Go figure, all I needed was a 1.

"Bugbears!" Dieter draws a dagger and sickle in each hand and places himself behind the party.


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

I remain in the shadows, trying not to be seen. My hand move from my sword pommel, to the arrow and I nock it to "GoldFire"'s string, which I pull back tightly. After a couple of seconds of aiming at the creature running back to the hut, I let the arrow loose.

"GoldFire" Attakc : 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 (17 if it is more than 110 feet away)
"GoldFire" Damage : 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Knowledge (Nature) : 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

'He is right, they are BugBears, well these are no match for GoldFire and I. Besides that, why would "the old man" call for help?'


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Seeing Jaestra launch an arrow in the direction of the bugbears, Vladimir does the same, targeting the same creature as the ranger.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Hearing Dieter's shout, Vorik spurs his horse and charges toward the single visible creature with a loud "Whoop" as he brings his hammer up to deliver a blow.

Vorik Ride Check(DC10): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Vorik Attack(+2 if Charge is allowed): 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 2 = 16
Vorik Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Jaestra and Vladimir's arrows sink into the dashing bugbear. Gravely injured, he steadies himself on a tree. He then falls in a heap from Vorik's hammer.

remaining bugbear initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

Narrowing his eyes, Hrafen launches a pair of force missiles at the remaining Bugbear.

Magic Missile: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 4) + 4 = 11 Force damage.


Another, slightly larger and more fierce looking bugbear steps out of the hut and yells toward Vorik. "Drop your weapons or we kill the old man!" The old man (presumably Bokken) is not yet visible.

map

sense motive check might be useful... particularly for Vorik due to being close enough to see the leader well.


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

"Kill the old man, and I'll see your hide turned into a fine coat for his children. Now why don't you step away from the cabin fiend." Vorik growls in response to the creatures threat while looking to see how serious it might be about harming Bokken.

Sense Motive" 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Step Forward to E11


"No. You go! I'm warning you... We're gonna cut his throat if you don't back off!"

Vorik:

You don't think he wants to kill the old man. Also the way he is looking around, you get the impression he doesn't have any idea how many there are of you.

care to roll initiatives?


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

Initiative: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13.


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

Apologies! For some reason I keep losing all of my dots. It's happening about every other day.

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

Initiative : 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Vorik Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Round 1
Dieter
Bugbears
Hrafen
Jaestra
Vorik
Vladimir

map


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

"If you kill the old man, you won't be able to get whatever it was you came to get from him." Vorik says as moves his horse another step forward.

"One of your companions is already dead. If you'd care to join him, continue to threaten Bokken. If you want a chance to walk away from here with your skin in tact, step away from the hut."

Intimidation(Untrained): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13


The bugbear alpha male replies coolly "You have my attention, bring him out."
He gestures to someone yet unseen inside the small simple peaked-roof hut... He starts to take a step away from the hut. His hand remains hovering near his still-sheathed sword. "Don't do anything that'll make my brother's hand slip. We're just gonna walk away like you said."


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Vorik sits alertly in the saddle watching and waiting for those inside to emerge from the hut. Replying to the bugbear's warning he says in a calm matter-of-fact voice, "If your brother doesn't want to be stuffed and mounted as our next archery practice dummy, he'd better make sure his hand is as steady as steel."


anyone else doing anything during this?

The bugbear leader steps a few feet away from the door. Then another bugbear emerges, with a sword to the throat of an old man he is using as a shield.
The leader calls out to the two at the tents without taking his eyes from Vorik. "Bring the horses!" The two bandits east of the hut start to move to where the two horses are lashed.


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Vladimir stands by, bow in hand, ready to fire at a moments notice.


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

I have "GoldFire" nocked and ready to loose an arrow at the bugbear holding the hostage, in case things go wrong with the negotiations. I try to remain hidden for as long as possible.


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

Many apologies for my absence. We had a baby!.... earlier than we thought we would! Thank you for your patience.

Dieter stands ready, a spell ready on his lips in case of attack.


congrats!

The two lead the horses toward the hut, passing right by Vorik. The uninjured bugbear checks out Gorra, and then seems to size up Vorik. He slows and says something presumably in his native tongue to the leader.

Goblin:

"I do not fear him. We should take his horse."

The leader nods. "Get off your horse, human. Get off or we kill the old man."

The old man starts to stammer something, but the bugbear holding him silences him by tightening his grip.


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Vorik shakes his head at the bugbear. "I'll hear no more demands from you. Let the man go now or your lives are forfeit should you take another step."

He tightens the grip on his hammer and turns his horse to maintain a straight, clear line to charge.

Vorik will attack if the one holding the old man doesn't free him.
Attack roll if needed: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Ride (DC10): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


The bugbear holding the old man looks to his leader. The leader shakes his head then speaks a couple brief words to the bugbears near Vorik.

Goblin:

"Kill him"

The uninjured thug(D,12) near Vorik reaches for a greatsword strapped to the saddle as Vorik charges the bugbears refusing to release the old man. The injured bugbear(D,9) pulls a satchel from the saddlebags of the horse he is leading, and begins rummaging through it.

Vorik:

attacking the leader or the one holding the old man?

Round 1
Dieter
Bugbears
Hrafen
Jaestra
Vorik
Vladimir

map

edit:old man is at(E,6), bugbear holding him(E,5)


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

DM:
Vorik attacks the one holding the old man at E5


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

Remaining hidden, I study the creatures holding the man captive for a few seconds, trying to see if there is any sign of bluffing or more creatures hiding.

Sense Motive : 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Perception : 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15

Feeling confident that there are no more enemies waiting in hiding, I carefully aim "GoldFire" at the Bugbear holding the old man (E,5) and loose her arrow before the creature hurts the man.

"GoldFire" Attack : 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
"GoldFire" Critical Confirmation : 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (7) - 2 = 5
"GoldFire" Damage : 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

Sorry! Between the new baby and my dots disappearing all the time, I didn't know the game had updated.

"A fine mess." Dieter hustles his way toward the ensuing melee.

Double move action to L17.


No biggie. I've had little time myself studying for midterms.

The bugbear Vorik charges toward tosses the old man aside and tries to avoid Vorik's hammer, but reacts too slowly. He switches to a two-handed grip after receiving a sizable blow to his right shoulder, he dashes a few feet putting himself between his leader and Vorik then hacks at Vorik.

longsword vs Vorik: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 damage to Vorik
crit confirm: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 fail

The alpha male draws his sword as he barks "Don't you move!" at the old man (now trying to slip back into his hut) He steps to his brothers left and stabs at Vorik with his short sword... the tip of his blade finds it's way between the scales of his armor

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 damage to Vorik

~ ~ ~

The previously injured bugbear takes a vial from the satchel, chugs it, then mounts the horse he was leading.
The one next to him decides to mount as well... he returns the greatsword and mounts up.

Spoiler:

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

map (before Hrafen, Jaestra etc actions)


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

"Oh no you don't!"

Hrafen urges his trusty hound forward, (Moving to E20) and throws a pair of force missiles at the injured bugbear who just mounted his horse.

Magic Missile: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 2) + 4 = 9 Force damage.


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

I continue my action to the same target, now at E, 6


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Move to (M,22)

Vladimir moves up to intercept the other mounted bugbear, firing an arrow in the creature's direction.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

*pokes the thread, hopefully*


Ooops here again. Recap...

Surprise Round
Vorik - charged

Round 1
Dieter - double moved
Bugbears - mauled Vorik/others mount up
Hrafen - magic missile
Jaestra - shot Goldfire
Vorik - up
Vladimir - posted

map (includes Vladimir's actions)


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Vorik sways in the saddle after taking a couple of savage blows. Gritting his teeth he slides nudges his mount to the left of the wounded leader. With a shout his muscles ripple as he brings his hammer around and attempts to put down at least one of his foes quickly in order to improve the odds.

Vorik Round One
Step to G7
Attack wounded bugbear at F6: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Ride Check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


Vorik's hammer shatters the skull of the bugbear previously struck by Jaestra's arrow.
Hrafen and Vladimir fire on the mounted bugbears, and both hit.

Round 2
Dieter
Bugbears
Hrafen
Jaestra
Vorik
Vladimir


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

I aim "GoldFire" at one of the enemies and let her arrow loose. (Aiming at C11)

"GoldFire" Attack : 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
"GoldFire" Damage : 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, my Campaign section said there were no new posts for some reason.


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

With a satisfied nod, Vorik watches the first bugbear fall to the ground dead. Despite his wounds, the paladin raises his hammer and brings it around ready to strike at the bugbear still trying to escape with its hostage.

"Let the man go." Growls Vorik. "Or join your comrade in the pits of the abyss."

Guiding his horse along the creatures flank, he swings again with Astridsonoir just to reinforce his threat.

Move to F5
Attack Bugbear E6 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Seeing the injuries Vorik has sustained, Dieter moves toward him ready to assist or heal. The alpha male bugbear remaining in melee with Vorik grips his sword with both hands and savagely swings... allowing the old man to slink back into his shack. The bugbears blade just misses... the tip inches from his face as he arches back for a forceful swing of his hammer. Astridsonoir lands between the bugbear's shoulder blades, knocking him off balance a moment.

The two mounted bugbears glance at each other and nod before urging their horses in different directions. The one to the right (C-14) heads straight toward Hrafen. He draws his sword and prepares to swing, but his mount veers north away from the halfling. to (A,B-21,22)
The injured mounted bugbear to the left (C-11) heads southeast, trying to pick up speed quickly... he sees Jaestra's arrow fly the moment they both have a clear view of each other. His arm rises reflexively to shield himself... the arrow pins it to his face, and he falls from the horse.

guide with knees: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

E6 sword: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Dieter - std action remaining
Bugbears - acted
Hrafen - up
Jaestra - acted (move action available)
Vorik - acted
Vladimir - up


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Vladimir drops his bow and charges the errant bugbear, drawing his blade to make a two-handed strike as he moves. Ending movement in (C,21)

Dueling Sword Charge: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 2 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

Hrafen raises an eyebrow, and calmly directs a pair of force missiles into the bugbear that attempted to target him.

Magic Missile: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1) + 4 = 7.


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Seeing the bugbear off balance and the old man disappearing safely into the shack. Vorik laughs at the bugbear. "Ho! Ho! You're hide is going to make a fine bit of rug for Master Bokken"

He then takes another swing at the bugbear, hoping to end the combat quickly as he can feel Astridsonoir getting heavier as the blood drips from his wounds.

Round 4
Attack Bugbear 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Ride Check 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

I won't move, I will try to remain out of sight while "Sniping" from a distance.


After being peppered with Hrafen's arcane bolts, the mounted bugbear is disemboweled by Vladimir's blade.
Dieter moves in behind Vorik. He waits for his chance to heal, but is reluctant to risk getting any closer to the melee...

The alpha-male bugbear bares his teeth... His toothy glare turns to an evil smirk as he hacks wildly and futilely at Vorik's horse. He howls madly as his rage increases.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Round 3
Dieter - std action remaining
Bugbear - acted
Hrafen - up
Jaestra
Vorik - posted
Vladimir


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

I remain where I am and draw another another, nocking it to "GoldFire's" atring. I aim it carefully and once I feel comfortable I release her string, which looses the arrow straight towards my prey.

"GoldFire" Attack : 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
"GoldFire" Damage : 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

1,101 to 1,150 of 2,641 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Bloodgargler Stolen Kingmaker All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.