Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Bloodgargler Stolen Kingmaker

Game Master BinkyBo


1,051 to 1,100 of 2,619 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>

Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2
Hrafen Vormenghast wrote:
...I am trying to imagine a goat riding a horse ;-)

secure them to the back of the horse.


Hrafen - Yes, you are about 4-5 hours away at normal speed. Just might take an hour or so longer with fatigued goats. (you should get to Oleg's around 12 or 1am.)


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

"I'd agree that we should continue, even at a bit slower pace." Vorik glances over to the struggling goats, "Those two are going to attract a lot of attention if we try to camp through the night out in the open."


You continue through the night at a slower pace, crossing the plains to Oleg's. About five hours later, you see the palisade of the trading post on its hill. A couple hundred feet you see Oleg up on the catwalk looking out at the group. He turns his head down toward the front gate. "Yes. That's them." Oleg turns back toward you and waves. "Welcome back!"

The gate opens... one door is pushed open by the greying hair and moustachioed Loomis, the other by swayback and gunnysacked Mauersberger. They nod to you.
Oleg comes down the ladder west of the gate, and greets you as you approach.
"Good to see you. Hello there. (to Mulky who is starting to look nervous) Don't worry about these two... they wouldn't hurt anyone." the comment seems to go ignored by two guards.


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

"Greetings Master Oleg!" Vorik says with a wave and smile for the old merchant. "It's good to be back within safe walls."

With a nod to the two guards, Vorik takes his horse to the stables and points out the two goats to Oleg. "A pair of unfortunate souls we discovered on our travels. Good farm folk who're turned into goats by a foul bit of magic. We were hoping they'd be safe inside your walls while we found a cure?"

Looking thoughtful for a minute the paladin asks Oleg, "You wouldn't know of any benevolent wizards in the area or someone who knows the secret of dispelling magics or curses?"


Vorik's question interrupts Oleg from deciding whether or not to be skeptical.
"Eh... not unless benevelment means ornery. Bokken makes potions and some minor magic what-nots, but uh..Dunno how he is at... (Oleg glances over at the goats) ungoatin folk."
"Bokken lives bout 10 or 12 miles east of here... well east-southeast. Had a deal with him way back to sell his wares on consignment, but all that ended with the bandits."


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

Hrafen listens thoughtfully to Oleg's suggestion.

"Hmmm... Well, he certainly sounds like our best bet at present..."

He then turns to the others.

"What do you think? Shall we head out in the morning and see whether he can help these unfortunates?"

It also would not hurt to open-up trade negotiations with a potion maker...


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

"Like you said Hrafen, it certainly seems to be our best option at the moment. Perhaps we can get a bit later start in the morning, as I imagine our goat friends could use the extra rest."


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Nodding at the Hrafen's suggestion Vorik says, "Aye, sounds like our best bet. In the meantime a bit of food and drink would certainly hit the spot before hitting the hay if it wouldn't be any trouble Master Oleg."

I'm not sure if Dieter's still with us, but Vorik would certainly help him secure the wand and Mulky before retiring for the night.


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

I look around and listen to the others speaking, "So we venture East tomorrow to speak to this Master Bokken? Lets hope he is willing to speak with us and able to help us in this dilemma then. But I agree Sir Vorik, we should have something to eat and drink before retiring to our beds, if that is not asking for too much Master Leveton?"


"Not at all, I'll bring something out right away, then make sure the horses and... goat people are tended to. I'll take a look at your map in the morning over breakfast... see if I can give ya a better idea of where yer headed."


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

Hrafen nods, and perks up noticeably at the mention of a good meal.

"That would be appreciated, Master Leveton."


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

After everyone has finished eating, Vorik turns to the others and asks, "I've been wondering what we should do with Mulky? I have to say I'm a little concerned leaving him here with Oleg and Svetlana. He's already proven a dabbler in dark magics and poor moral judgement. If he should get his hands on the wand again, I'm sure either he...or it...would bring trouble upon our good host and hostess."


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

Hrafen gives Vorik a long, hard look.

"What are you suggesting? That we should deal with him... permanently...?"


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Vorik returns Hrafen's gaze with a steady gaze of his own. "I only suggest that at this point he shouldn't be left to roam free among our allies."

He takes a deep breath, "However, we have already sent some of those involved with this banditry to their graves after judgement was rendered. Should the group decide a similar fate for Mulky, I would abide by the decision. For myself I am still uncertain which is why I pose the question."


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

"It is not as simple of a matter as taking away his weapons. A caster is very dangerous with only his mind, as we all well know." he adds with an approving nod toward Hrafen.

"As unpleasant as it may be, and as repentant as Mulky may seem, I feel it is just too dangerous to our hosts to leave him be. He must be dealt with."


Oleg comes back to fire... yawning, Finished with the horses, he collects the empty plates and cups. "Well I'm heading back to bed. Good to see you back safe. See you in the morning." He yawns again... "wha.. can't stop yawning.. "


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

I listen to the conversation concerning Mulky, not sure what to do. But upon seeing Oleg yawning a lot, "You should go and get some rest, it is rather late and I am sure Miss Svetlana would prefer you to sleep indoors than out here."

Once Oleg has left I turn to my companions, "Although I dislike the idea, I think the death of one man is better than the death or torture of many. So we may have to let him sleep the eternal sleep."


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

Wow, sorry guys. I lost my dot and didn't see this game update.

Dieter taps his chin. "A dagger in the throat while he sleeps would be the quietest and quickest way of dispatching him. He would be unconscious from blood loss before he even knew what was happening."


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

"Dieter, we are not assassins. If you condemn a man to death, have the grace to allow him to make peace with his gods prior to meeting them."

Shifting his gaze toward Vorik, "I will handle this one my friend, I would not cloud your resolve with an act that you obviously question."


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

"'Tis a mercy to die in your sleep, Ser Ducheski. Slipping the bonds of this world without having to face the fear of death is the grace I would extend." Dieter makes a slight bow. "But I will defer to your judgment."


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

A worried look passes across Vorik's face. "I agree the Mulky's crimes certainly warrant death. However, I feel we should give the man a chance to speak for himself before making final judgment. We've offered the same opportunity to the bandits. I know he's related his crimes, but as we've seen, people can and do seek to change for the better."

The paladin shakes his head sadly, "Although, I fear there is little that can be saved for one whose greed caused him to lose his only daughter and deal in such dark magics."


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

Hrafen sighs.

"Whilst I agree that his deeds certainly paint him as a villain, he is a bit of a tragically tormented one. I admit that I am loathe to leave him alone, here - there is no telling what carnage he would create if he managed to bring his 'friend' back... I shudder to think what would happen to Oleg, Svetlana, and the others..."

He then shakes his head sadly.

"As much as I find it personally distasteful, given where we are and the lack of infrastructure necessary to render him 'safe', I fear sending him to his 'eternal reward' is probably the best option..."


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Vorik nods his head at the others. "It seems we're in agreement overall."

Running a hand through his hair his voice is sad but determined as he continues, "I'll speak with him one final time. Unless he suddenly becomes very trustworthy, he'll have to face the consequences of his actions."

"If anyone wishes to join me you are all welcome."

Rising from his seat at the table, the big warrior strides to where Mulky is being held and proceeds to speak with the halfling to get a better sense of the thief's willingness to seek redemption and change his ways.

Detect Evil
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Vorik:

Mulky emits a faint aura of evil.
sense motive result: tough to read... his sense of right and wrong seems muddled, but considering the result of your detect evil... what is left of his shattered mind must be evil.


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

I join Vorik when he starts to question Mulky, before we head to him I turn to Vorik, "Let us hope that he is able to redeem himself or provide a good reason as to why he should be allowed to live free. Either way, the Law must be upheld at all times, don't you agree Sir Vorik?"

During the whole time with Mulky I stand by letting Vorik do the talking, but my hand is ready to reach for my blade should Vorik or anyone else be threatened.


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Vladimir joins Vorik as well, reiterating his willingness to do what must be done. "If it comes to it Vorik, I will do the deed. There is no need for these sorts of judgements to be solely on you."


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

With a sad shake of his head after his conversation with Mulky, Vorik moves away from the condemned man with Jaestra and Vladimir. Once out of listening range, he turns to the others and says, "He's truly given himself over to evil. The aura isn't strong, but after speaking with him further I fear the good that may have resided in his soul seems to have fled after his encounter with the wand and that companion."

Looking at Vladimir he adds, "I thank you for your offer. As it seems we are all in agreement, I will leave the next grim task in your capable hands. Although if you wish assistance, simply let me know."


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Vladimir nods to Vorik, heading back over to Mulky. "Your deeds and the intentions that lie within your heart have been judged and found to be wanting. I will give you the briefest of moments to make peace with which ever gods you venerated prior to your folly."

A moment later, a lightning quick slash of a blade later, Mulky is dead as his life's blood pours from the deep cut in his throat.


After Vladimir ends the twisted halfling's life, Loomis and Mauersberger offer to deal with the body so you can get some rest.

When morning comes, the trading post and its inhabitants are as if the grim night never happened. Kesten, Oleg, and Jhod the druid greet you in unison all with mouths full and then laugh as if it were an inside joke. Svetlana peeks her head out of the door of the main house. "These three seem to be regaining their youth since they found each other... or at least the immaturity part of it. Rolls are on the table, I'll bring out some eggs and hash once I finish washing the dishes Oleg swore he'd get to... "
Oleg cuts in "Hey if I didn't say that you would've stayed up too late doing them last night.." She goes back in with a "Pfft" while Oleg finishes his thought, not loud enough for her to hear.. "...and breakfast woulda been late." ... which brings more laughter from Jhod and Kesten.


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

Dieter enters the room, stretching and yawning. "Good morning, everyone!" He takes a seat and rubs his eyes as he looks over the bounty on the table. "By the gods, I feel like I could eat horse after the last few days. Hooves and all!" He grabs a roll and liberally slathers it with butter. He covers his mouth to hide his chewing as he chats with the party. "Where to now?"


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

Hrafen seems a little subdued this morning; lingering guilt from what he knows was done to Mulky. His mood swiftly improves, however, as he has a chance to down several human-sized portions at the breakfast table.

"Well, we still need to work out what can be done to help the 'goats' - The hermit fellow that was mentioned still seems like our best bet. We should probably go and have a word with him."


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

As usual I wake up early and do some early morning excerises, followed by a quick prayer to the ElK Father out in the woods. I return to see Johd, Kesten and Oleg laughing away at the table and start to head over. By the time I get there Dieter and Hrafen have also arrived and I sleepily sit down at the table looking for something to wake me up a bit more.

I reach for a piece of bread and meat, along with a mug of fresh water, while listening to Dieter and Hrafen talk together, "I agree, we should go and visit Master Bokken. He may have some way of curing the poor people that have been cursed into their new forms. Even if he does not, it would not hurt to make some more friends out here in this unforgiving place."


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

As usual I wake up early and do some early morning excerises, followed by a quick prayer to the ElK Father out in the woods. I return to see Johd, Kesten and Oleg laughing away at the table and start to head over. By the time I get there Dieter and Hrafen have also arrived and I sleepily sit down at the table looking for something to wake me up a bit more.

I reach for a piece of bread and meat, along with a mug of fresh water, while listening to Dieter and Hrafen talk together, "I agree, we should go and visit Master Bokken. He may have some way of curing the poor people that have been cursed into their new forms. Even if he does not, it would not hurt to make some more friends out here in this unforgiving place."

I then look to Oleg, "Master Oleg, how are the plans for the working stations coming along? If you need any assistance in collecting the materials to start making it, I would be more than happy to help collect some."


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

"Good morning." Vladimir says, gathering bits of food for a light breakfast.

"How soon until we leave to visit this Bokken fellow?"


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

"Good morning Vlad, we are just waiting on Sir Vorik now and for everyone to finish breaking their fast. After that we should be on our way."


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Vorik arrives at the table with a smile and warm greeting for everyone. "There's nothing like a good nights rest to refresh the mind and soul." He says while filling a plate with several rolls and a healthy portion of meat.

When the conversation turns to the day's work he nods agreement with Jaestra. "Aye, an early start suits me fine. The sooner we can get those folk back to their normal form, the better."


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

Dieter butters another roll, then stuffs two more into his beltpouch. "I am going to go prepare my mount. 'Seize the day,' as they put it." He goes and gets his horse ready, patiently waiting for the others.


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Joining Dieter, Vorik readies his horse and waits for the others to begin the days journey to Bokken's.


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Finishing his light breakfast, Vladimir saddles up Shadow in preparation for the journey to meet with Bokken.


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

I too finish my meal, taking a final drink of water before reacquainting myself with my lovely mare. I place the saddle onto her back and begin to fasten the straps. Once I have finished I head to the main gate, where I mount up and await anyone else who is coming to see Bokken.

While waiting I stand up in the saddle and lean forwards, where I begin to stroke the mare's face and neck to keep her calm. (Wow, just had the image of Jaestra hovering in the saddle like a jockey then ...)


The inhabitants of the trading post see you off, and you head east-southeast as directed by Oleg. The area is primarily plains, with a few small groupings of trees. After about 5 hours of travel you see a small pond with a dozens trees on the far side, and a plume of what looks like chimney smoke rising above.

I'll take perception checks if you don't mind


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18.


The plume of smoke is about 250 feet away from you in the center of the trees. On the south side, a few dozen feet from where you see the smoke and mostly hidden, you see a crude tent and at least two horses.


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


Valdimir + anyone else DC20 or more:

You see the tent and horses Hrafen is looking at, and you also can make out a well-hidden hut where the smoke is rising from and a figure walking from it toward the small camp to the south. (difficult to tell for sure, but at least human size... maybe a little large for a human)


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

"Hmmm... It would appear that we are not the only ones visiting this area...", Hrafen comments, as he nods towards the tent and horses in the distance.


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Vladimir points in the direction of the tents, "Looks like we have signs of life. If you look carefully past the tents you can make out a hut that someone has tried to hide, and it also appears that that someone is heading for the tents currently. Shall we move in for a closer look?"


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

Hrafen nods his agreement.

"Yes, let's. Hopefully they will not be hostile, but if necessary, I am certainly prepared..."


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

Perception : 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18

I try to look where Hrafen and Vladimir are pointing, but fail to see what they are looking at, "What hut, are my eyes failing me again? Where exactly are you looking? If they are hostile, "GoldFire" and I are ready to incapacitate them. Then we could have them answer some questions, but let us hope; whoever they are, they are friendly."

1,051 to 1,100 of 2,619 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Bloodgargler Stolen Kingmaker All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.