Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Bloodgargler Stolen Kingmaker

Game Master BinkyBo


951 to 1,000 of 2,340 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>

Round 1
Jaestra - posted
Vladimir - posted
Hrafen - posted
Vorik - std action available
Dieter -
Mulky and Maury

Jaestra's arrow flies from her bow as soon as combat appeared inevitable. The arrows hits the halfling in the side of his belly - pinning his cloak to him.
Hrafen's bolts of force smack into the halfling... Vladimir prepares himself, and Vorik moves toward the porch to (A,11).

map


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 17 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 13 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

Knowledge (nature) 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18 Would Dieter know anything about Eidolons?

Dieter's eyes crackle with tiny white lightning bolts and his countenance grows hard. He raises his fist as though to strike the man physically, but holds it aloft as a violent susurrus of air surrounds his hand.

Ready an Action. Dieter will use Wind Blast on Mulky when he attempts to cast a spell or attack. Bullrush check 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23.


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

With a glance at the grinning creature, Vorik turns his attention to the balcony where Mulky is standing. Flexing his arms he brings his hammer around and slams it into the third, weak post.

"It seems we've found another rogue whose foul presence taints this land." Growls the paladin. "How about you come down from there friend and face the scales of justice."

Hit roll if needed: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Damage to Post: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


end of round 1

The weak post shatters from Vorik's blow. The halfling wobbles a bit from the balcony shaking, but he recovers and starts to cast a spells. A blast of wind from Dieter strikes him, and smacks him up against the house. Somehow he is able to maintain his concentration and finish casting.

concentration check DC241d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

The beast referred to as Maury confidently strides toward Vorik - cracking his knuckles as he approaches. moves to (*,12)(now at least mostly visible to the rest of the group) It has the legs of a satyr (though far more muscular), a torso and enormous arms like a gorilla, and a horned half man/half goat face. It has a symbol similar to the halfling's on its forehead. It has bluish grey skin with mottled dark wooly fur in patches. It speaks to Vorik as it glowers at him.
"This is no place for humans, boy."


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 17 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 13 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

Can we make a Spellcraft check to identify the spell?


yep

spellcraft DC17:

barkskin

Round 2
jaestra
Vladimir
Hrafen
Vorik
Dieter
Enemies


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Vladimir moves to the side of Vorik, reading his shield as he moves, and keeping an eye on the odd looking hulk around the corner.

Once in position, the swordsman studies the eidolon for a moment before giving advice on how to fight the creature.

"Go for the legs. The quadraped structure is inefficient at best when used for bipedal travel."

Move to (A,12), shield readied, beginning inspire courage (+1 to hit, damage, and will saves vs. fear)


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

Round 2:

Hrafen throws another pair of force missiles into the halfling!

Magic Missile: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 2) + 4 = 9.


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

I notice the large monstrosity come around the corner and look forward in horror for a couple of seconds, "What; in the name of the Elk Father, is that?!"

I come to again and decide to remove one threat at a time, focusing my attention back on the short man I nock another arrow to "GoldFire's" string and let her loose it at the man's direction.

"GoldFire"Attack : 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

But my aim is not true and the arrow buries itself into the wood just above the short mans head.


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

"Blast!" shouts Vorik as the halfling maintains his footing and concentration.

Unable to focus further on the little man as the creature approaches, the paladin follows Vladimir's advice and strikes low with his hammer as it comes into range.

Round 2
Vorik - Attack Creature 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Vorik - Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 17 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 13 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

Spellcraft 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

"He's raised a protective ward." Dieter follows behind Vladimir, keeping the warrior between himself and the eidolon. His hand crackles with tiny bolts of white lightning as he keeps a spell handy.

Move action to A11. Ready action to cast cure light wounds if Vladimir is hit.


Mulky takes another couple force bolts to the chest, recovers, and twirls his sling. He takes a couple steps before firing the bullet at Hrafen.
"That Hurts!! cut.. it.. OUT!!"
The bullet thumps heavily into the ground near Hrafen.

Maury the beast responds to Vorik's hammer by bringing his mighty fists down - just missing the Ulfen, then he uses his massive arms to push off and gore Vladimir with great force.

Mulky 5'step to (B,8)(still on balcony) sling vs Hrafen 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 miss

Maury slam vs Vorik 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Gore vs Vladimir 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 (that's a hit even with shield right?)
1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 damage to Vladimir


Round 3
Jaestra
Vladimir
Hrafen
Vorik
Dieter
Enemies

map


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

Hrafen tosses another pair of force bolts at the halfling ;-)

Magic Missile: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 1) + 4 = 9 Force damage.


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2
DM Bloodgargler wrote:

Maury slam vs Vorik 1d20+7

Gore vs Vladimir 1d20+7 (that's a hit even with shield right?)
1d6+5 damage to Vladimir

Yep, 18 is what you needed since I have not had a chance to use expertise yet. Dieter, I'll take that healing now ;)


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 17 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 13 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

Reminder to self to requisition a wand of cure light wounds at some point.

Round 2 Cure light wounds 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

What a delightful use of a spell slot! Great job, dice roller!


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 17 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 13 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4
Vladimir Ducheski wrote:
Dieter, I'll take that healing now ;)

Sorry, I'll hit you up again this next round. I'm going to wait to see if Mulky goes down before posting.


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

I think Dieter's CLW should be 1d8 + 2 as he is a 2nd level caster. Dieter, correct me if I'm wrong please.

Vladimir winces from the goat-like horn piercing his flesh and tries to return the favor with his blade, while continuing to give advise on how to better attack the eidolon.

Attack:1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 1 = 27 (inspire courage, expertise - penalty negated by trait) - Potential Crit
Damage:1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 1 = 11 (inspire courage)

Confirm?:1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 1 = 11 (inspire courage, expertise - penalty negated by trait)
Extra Damage:1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 1 = 11 (inspire courage)


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 17 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 13 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4
Vladimir Ducheski wrote:
I think Dieter's CLW should be 1d8 + 2 as he is a 2nd level caster. Dieter, correct me if I'm wrong please.

You are correct. I thought I was 1st level for some reason.


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Feeling the breeze of the creatures fist as it narrowly misses, Vorik gives an impressed grunt. Stepping up he tries to force the creature to divide its attention between him and Vladimir as he brings his weapon around for another strike.

Round 3
Vorik - Attack Maury: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 1 = 12
Vorik - Damage1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Vorik - Move to *11


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I have had a very limited access to the internet and couldn't post any sooner.

Seeing that my last shot missed its mark I aim "GoldFire" and try again.

"GoldFire" Attack : 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
"GoldFire" Damage : 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

This time my arrow flies true and strikes the man square in the shoulder.


Vladimir hacks into the beast as Jaestra's arrow thunks into the halfling, and he starts to look panicked. He turns as if to run when Hrafen's bolts hit him again. He falls to his knees, then drops off the balcony to the ground.
The beast yells out "Noooo!!" then disappears in a poof.


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 17 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 13 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

"Strike the head and the body shall fall... or some other applicable platitude." Dieter walks over to Vladimir and starts another healing spell. "Could someone check him for signs of life? I can stabilize him, if we would like to question him. Not that I want to, but if someone else would..."

Cure Light Wounds
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

Hrafen shrugs.

"He seemed to be more than a little bit mad, but it might be worth talking with him..."

He then moves over to the fallen halfling, and checks for signs of life / attempts to stabilise him.

Heal attempt #1: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11.
Heal attempt #2: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16.

Satisfied with his work, he turns to the others.

"We should probably search the shack for anything useful..."

Hrafen then procedes to search the halfling.


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Vorik nods to Hrafen saying, "Aye, let's keep him from bleeding out, we may want to talk with him." He turns toward the goats who're still in the fenced pasture.

"There's something a bit odd about those goats. I could swear they were trying to...warn us."

The paladin walks over to one of the goats and tries to see if he can sense any kind of intelligence behind the animals usual placid gaze.


Although Mulky the halfling is in terrible shape, Hrafen is able to stabilize him. You do not expect him to come to for quite a while as he is now - provided he survives at all.

Hrafen:

You feel pretty confident he will make it.

On his person you find
20gp
a well crafted sling
leaf armor under fine clothing
a clear spindle gem stone which was orbiting around his head.
a wand that appears to have been carved from bone, and has a tiny razor sharp nub jutting out where the wand is held.
a small key.

As Vorik approaches the goats, the two that had been behaving strangely, now bow their heads before looking Vorik in the eye. Then one of them walks past Vorik to where the halfling lies, and nudges the wand with one hoof.


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 17 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 13 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

"Let us bind him with rope in a... what is it called? A "hog-tie," or some such? That and a gag or blindfold should keep him out of trouble until we can question him." Dieter walks over and snatches the wand away from the curious goat.


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

Hrafen totals-up what he finds on the halfling's body, gently tugging the wand away from the goat.

Feel free to look at the spoiler ;-)

He then casts Detect Magic to determine what, if anything, is magical.

"These goats seem to be acting with remarkable... Intelligence; I wonder..."

Hrafen then turns to address the goats.

"Bob your heads once, and bleat twice, if you are not actually goats."


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

"The goats seem to be particularly interested in the wand and the halfling did mention something about us staying here and munching on the grass like these guys." the swordsman says, gesturing toward the goats.


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

While Hrafen is searching the Halfling I head over to the house and go to open the door, but everyone's mentioning that the goats may not be as they seemed, I stop and head over to the group. I stand there trying to think about what to do, "More magic, huh? I am starting to feel left out."


The two goats nod and bleat exactly as Hrafen instructs, then look at each other and each other.

Hrafen Detect magic:

---faint aura
sling
leaf armor
wand
clear spindle gem

---strong! aura
wand

Dieter will save DC14:

fail= you like this new wand quite a bit. You might not know what it does, but you think you need to hold on to it for the group.
(if you failed this first roll, at this point you just want to claim it as yours... minor attraction)


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Vorik's eyes grow wide as the goats respond to Hrafen's instructions. "It seems our foe was indeed dabbling in dark magics."

Turning to both Deiter and Hrafen he asks, "Any idea how to restore these creatures to their original form? Perhaps that wand they were so interested in had something to do with it."


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 17 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 13 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

Will 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 Whew, just barely.

Dieter frowns upon grasping the wand, tensing his face and limbs for a moment as though lifting a heavy weight. He relaxes just as quickly, turning the wand over in his hands. "I felt a strong urge to... possess this wand upon touching it. It has some sort of compulsion triggered on physical contact. I have resisted it, so I will keep it for now to prevent it affecting anyone else before we have a chance to examine it." He wraps the wand in a bit of cloth and stows it in a vest pocket.

We don't have anything that could produce an identify effect, do we?


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

Anyone with Spellcraft can attempt to identify magical items; Identify simply gives you a massive bonus to such checks.

"The sling, leaf armor, and gem all radiate faint magic; the wand has both a minor, and a major, aura."


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 17 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 13 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

Since we are 2nd-level and we do not have an Int-based spellcaster, I'm just assuming we might have a hard time identifying the wand without some sort of help.

Or we could take 20 and hope for the best, but we need a safe place to rest first.


The two goats silently watch Dieter as he stows the wand, then look at each other. The one goat nuzzles the neck of the other, as if doting or comforting.

This is the last area of the hex, and night is about to fall.


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

I take it that a search of the house turned up nothing?

@Dieter: Only you have Spellcraft, so you might as well *try* to identify the items ;-)


No one has searched the shack yet. Jaestra was about to but got distracted.


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

At the talk of magic aura's; faint, minor and major, I get confused so enter the house and begin to search for anything that could be useful for the group.

Perception : 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25


The inside of the house smells of milk turning. There are dozens of crude metal milk bottles lying around, and it is pretty filthy inside.
There are three rooms in the first floor... a storeroom/study, a tiny kitchen, and a fairly large bedroom with a single bed. There is a path through the mess that leads upstairs.

The second floor seems to have seen more use recently. There is another bedroom with a double bed, dressers, wardrobe closets etc.. There is also another room that appears to have been a sitting room. The walls of which are covered in mad scribblings. A mural of violence and anger. Drawings of humans (primarily three people of fairly distinct characteristics) being brutalized by malevolent versions of creatures of the woods, and things written like "I warned you", "The wand is mine!", and "Find me and kill me if you dare... dogs of the witchmarket!"

search results:

you find barrels and sacks of foodstuffs, some still edible. Typical housewares, clothing, gardening and animal care gear.
You also find a few things of better than fair quality hidden under the floorboards...
a crystal ball
a cloak
a spellbook with a few pages ripped out.
a headband
a 4"x9"x14" lockbox


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

Once I have found everything, I step out onto the balcony, "I have found some good quality stuff in here, if you want to make your way upstairs and check them out, some of you might recognize some of them, or the drawing of people on the walls."

With that I find a clear space on the floor and pull out some picks. I look the Lockbox over, to make sure there aren't any surprises waiting for me if I open it and if there are none, I try to open it. If it is locked I use my picks to try and pick the lock.

Disable Device : 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Perception : 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

"I'll be up in a minute." Vladimir says heading toward Jaestra.


The lock pops open. Inside is a journal, and an amulet with a symbol of an onyx dagger on top of an ivory circle.

Only a few pages of the journal contain writing. The context is unclear, but it describes the regret of a thief stealing from a "minor" fey-lord (and mentions the "witchmarket" again), his flight from the first world, and how he felt his mind turning dark and twisted. He writes about how he lacked the will to destroy "the wand", and ends with his stating the intention to end his own life.


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

When Vladimir enters the room, he see's me with an open box on my lap, the amulet in my hand and my nose in the book. Upon realising that Vlad is in the room with me, I look up to him, "You know this wand thing you are all talking about? I think we should destroy it! It was stolen from a Minor-Fey Lord and he felt it twisting his mind, he couldn't destroy it in the end so sought out a way to end his own life ... by the way, does the word "Witchmarket" means anything to you?" I point to the wall, "It mentions the "Witchmarket" on there and in this journal."


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 17 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 13 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

Dieter takes a moment to examine the spellbook and wand.

Spellcraft 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17 - Spellbook
Spellcraft 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 - Wand

I will have to wait until tomorrow to try again if those rolls are not high enough.


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Vorik wanders into the house. Hearing Jaestra and Vladimir talking upstairs, the Ulfen joins them with a smile. Seeing the writing on the walls, he frowns and shakes his head.

"It seems our prisoner is a bit more mad than we initially supposed."

Noticing Jaestra perusing a small book, he asks, "Did that belong to our short foe? I don't suppose he quickly described how to return those poor souls into their original form?"


Dieter:

There is nothing remarkable about the spellbook itself. It has 15 arcane spells inscribed within.
The wand seems to resist your "probing" you feel as though it incorporates several schools of magic much like a rod of wonder.. but mostly evil and chaos rather than chaotic "primal" magic.

Jaestra:

Regarding Vorik's question... the journal does not specifically say how, just that he lacked the will to destroy it.


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

I look up to Vorik, listen to his question and quickly flick through the book again, "It says nothing about how to use the stick, just that he failed to gather the will to destroy it. I still say we should destroy it, we should not allow something; that can twist ones mind, loose into the world. That was cause chaos!"


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Nodding at Jaestra's comment, Vorik says, "Aye, you're right. We should share what you've discovered with Hrafen and Dieter."

Recalling Dieter taking the wand, worry crosses the paladin's face. "I only hope Dieter's brief exposure to the wand hasn't already caused some kind of trouble."


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

"Even as troublesome as the wand is, we can't just leave those people as goats can we?" says the somewhat surprised swordsman.

"While I agree the wand must be destroyed, we should see what we can do for those people first."

951 to 1,000 of 2,340 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Bloodgargler Stolen Kingmaker All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.