Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Bloodgargler Stolen Kingmaker

Game Master BinkyBo


51 to 100 of 2,185 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Oleg comes out of hiding wearing misfitting armor including a battered ceremonial replica greathelm .. "All clear?" he looks around "By the gods .. you did well. Barely even made a mess!" .. he walks around, sees their horses .. "Ah .. these are Old Man Gielgud's brands on these young ones. We'll get things cleaned up here, and I'll have Svetlana run a couple of em to Gielgud farms ..its about 4 hours away - north of here. Should be a fair reward. Everything else here I'll be happy to take off your hands .. in fact I'll buy em from you for my usual selling price. Happy to throw in a little extra too." He hands each of you 20 gold. "Let me know if you happen to come across Svetlana's wedding ring they took from her first time they were here..."

Oleg asks Gaddak if he would be able to escort Svetlana, and take a couple stolen horses with him to return. He then walks around with a few nooses .. looking for a good spot to hang some bandits. Making the less hardened bandits sweat and swallow hard ...


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

I accept the Gold coins from Oleg, "Thank-you for your generous reward for capturing these bandits. I will keep an eye out for Miss Svetlana's ring and my eyes don't miss much. Could you describe it to me, just so I know what it is when I see it. We will be heading over to that camp soon anyway, to complete a bit more of our own mission, so doing a little extra for you is no trouble."

I watch Svetlana and Gaddak ride out of the fort and disappear around the corner. Little did I know then, that was going to be the last of Gaddak I was to see.

Once they have left I prepare everything, ready to move out to the camp of the bandits. "Sir Vorik, Mr Fetch, have you decided who is truly going to give up their unlawful ways? I wish to complete our mission, but do not wish to endanger Mr Oleg." I seem to be quite excited that we will be able to deal a large blow to the chaos and banditry in this realm so soon.


Having questioned all the bandits Peregrine pulled the other aside and spoke to them in low tones, if possible he managed to look more grim and dour than usual. "This is my judgement, if none are opposed. With the exception of two they did not cooperate, and having been caught in the act their guilt is unquestionable, to these men I would give the sentence of hanging until dead. I would further recommend that the bodies, or at very least, their heads be left on display as a warning against future banditry. Take whatever precautions you feel necessary in sanctifying their bodies."

"For the one calling himself Budgie I suggest we sever the fingers as we spoke of earlier, while his motivations may be suspect I believe he is telling the truth and i think it is to our benefit that we demonstrate that cooperation is looked upon favorably. I would have preferred that we be able to wait until we had check out his information before rendering the sentence but we really don't have the means to hold him reliably at this time."

"Their leader Happs also cooperated, but I am of the opinion that given his leadership position that he cannot be allowed to escape the death penalty. However in light of his cooperation I would give him the option of whether he wishes to pass by rope or by blade and withhold his body from pubic view if it his wish. I feel these judgements fall within the bounds of what we are allowed via the charter. What say you?"


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

"I'm not sure, the leader did co-operate fully and was not rude to us. I would have thought the loss of some fingers for him as well would be punishment enough. I mean we don't want to give the impression that we will not be grateful for honesty and co-operation, just because he was in charge of these few men, do we?"


Peregrine shrugged, "I find it hard to make the case for repentance for a man who would lead others in such acts, especially given that being in such a position implies a certain level of deliberate choice."


"I will take the blade .. " Happs interjects "Those you will fall to, will know of my treachery .. I will not be disfigured and hounded. A clean death and hole or fire for my body. Keep your pity for your own .. they will deserve it more than I."


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

After checking the horses and hearing Oleg's revelation that they belong to one of the locals, Vorik will sigh and shrug his shoulders, "Ah well, it looks like I'll be walking a bit longer." Before Svetlana and Gaddak leave, Vorik turns to Oleg and ask if the man Geilgud had a good selection of horses available for sale? "I'd rather not be walking all over the Greenbelt during our survey, and if these hooligans have any coin tucked away I'd gladly trade for a good mount."

When Peregrine and Jaestra start discussing the judgment of the bandits, Vorik listens carefully. His hand gently stroking his beard while he thinks. He starts to speak but hesitates when Happs jumps in and makes that decision all the easier.

"Tis always the story of evil and its twisted system of honor. Treachery of others is accepted easily, however, betrayal of its own is met with harsh punishment.

He turns to look Happs directly in the eye, a grim and solemn look on his face, "Your desire has been heard. While I think you may feel some guilt for your crimes, the fact that you prefer to die rather than stand up to your former companions proves to me you would quickly fall under their sway again."

Turning back to Peregrine and Jaestra he says after taking a deep breath, "I agree with your judgement of the others. Budgie and his companion seem repentant while the others are clearly not. However, I might add that in order to prove their sincerity, Budgie and his brother must stay on and work for Master Oleg for the next year and a day. Should they prove themselves reformed, then they would be free to go."

He frowns again in thought, "I'm still opposed to displaying the bodies, even just the heads. To my mind, there is no honor or justice in such an action. I believe it would do little to stop banditry and instead merely only attract carrion eaters and insects while dropping us to the same level as those we oppose."


Peregrine considered Vorik a moment before replying. "Regarding Budgie, while that would certainly be fair, I have serious concerns about sentencing him to service. Keeping him here without the proper measures being available, and with the resentment he's sure to have after receiving his punishment, might be putting Oleg and Svetlana at unnecessary risk. After all we have much to do away from this place, and cannot keep a vigilant eye always on it." Peregrine sighed, "at the very least I would leave it to Oleg."

"As for the other matter, I've no wish to quarrel with you about it, so I will say only that it is not an unreasonable thing. I think you will find that such is done in many places across Brevoy and beyond. Knowing the abuses and humiliations that await one's mortal remains beyond death is not just warning to others, but part of the punishment, perhaps the worst part. Hereto now the brigands have lived without consequences, I think it only fair they should have warning of what will become of them should they continue with their unfortunate lifestyles. So having said my piece, I leave the decision to you." On the last Peregrine gave a small bow of acquiescence to the towering warrior.


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Vorik listens carefully and respectfully to Peregrine as he's come to value the other man's opinions and thoughts. Pursing his lips he nods with understanding at the mention of risk to Oleg and Svetlana should Budgie stay nearby. "Hmmmm. You have a good, solid point about Budgie. I suppose the service solution would be more suitable if there were others here we could count on to keep those working off their debts from making trouble. I'll agree he should be sent on his way."

"As to the display of bodies, I appreciate your thoughts, and agree it is often done in many places." He pauses a moment to try and find the right words then continues, "Yet, I feel we are attempting to create something bold and different here. Certainly our charter comes from the nobility and the current system, but it grants us a freedom to achieve our mission using our own methods." He chuckles softly to himself, "It may only be an unachievable dream, but if we are even somewhat successful, we may provide a new beacon of hope to those seeking honor, justice, and freedom from the many tyrannies that plague so much of Golarion these days."

He suddenly turns a bit red, realizing his passions and hopes may be a little too much for the others. "Sorry, to go on like that, sometimes I get a little carried away."


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

"There is no need to apologise Sir Vorik, it is such a dream and one that I intend to help you carve out of this harsh realm. My dream is very similar, apart from the addition of Law into my equation too. I am very sorry Mr Fetch, but I do not think I could bare to have the bodies or head on display. Not only is it disgraceful to the bodies, it would be a rather sickening sight. I am truly sorry to go against your wishes. As for the bandit Budgie, I think you are both correct in saying that it could be worse for Mr Oleg and Miss Svetlana if he were to remain here."


Peregrine did not appear at all offended that they should disagree with him as to what was to be done with the bodies after the execution, in truth it was what he had expected. Indeed, some small vestigial part of him felt warmed at their idealism. It occurred to the young diviner that his uncle would not approve of his companions at all, that he would have perceived their stance as weakness. Though he could not have said whether it was his companions' high-mindedness or his uncle's imagined irritation that brought it on, Peregrine smiled a very small but genuine smile, notably only because it was perhaps the first time he'd done so since entering Oleg's. It was a fleeting thing though and just quickly as it had come it disappeared again, and Peregrine replied in his usual dry tone. "There is no reason to be sorry, if that is your decision then we shall just have to work all the harder then, that is all." Then he sighed wearily and pinched the bridge of his nose for a moment before going on, "I think it time I announce their judgements and we get on with what we must do," and for all the coldness in his person he sounded a bit older and more worn as he said this.

Allowing of course for whatever my fellow players want to do we could roleplay through the judgements or this seems like a good point for a quick narration and segue to the next bit Bloodgargler. Peregrine's intended course of action is probably not very surprising, that is deliver the verdicts and carry out the executions in as expedient and efficient a manner as possible given that the characters are on a bit of time table depending on how they decide to deal with the camp. Whatever you feel best serves.


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

I'm fine with keeping it quick and simple.


Oleg approaches and you tell him of your judgments. He nods and adds that Brevoy is to send a patrol to be stationed here in less than a week. They will be able to deal with any bandits you decide to let live.
Oleg assists with the hangings, and sets up a chopping block for severing Budgie's fingers. Happs goes without a word .. as does the thuggish brute. The crazed wolfish man requires a knock to the head to keep him from flailing long enough to collar him. Budgie blathers on about how maiming him just reinforces the vicious circle of the tragedy of his life. Not noticing until a couple seconds after the deed is done that it is time to stop talking and howl in pain..
Once the bandits are hanged, Oleg speaks as he grabs his shovel. "So .. burying them? ..don't have a lot of extra wood to burn to get it hot enough ..."


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

During and after the executions, Vorik is quiet, serious and a bit contemplative. His usual jovial nature, subdued by the grim, yet necessary, task.

Seeing that Oleg is preparing to dig the graves, Vorik grabs another shovel and helps see to burying the dead as he originally said he would. At each grave, he's sure to whisper a few brief words asking for the gods to care for these souls now that they are free from their human frailties.

As he digs he remembers Jaestra speaking of her own dream, so similar to his, he can't help but feel a strong connection with the smart, kind, honorable and...when did he start noticing this kind of thing...beautiful half-elf. He also thinks of Peregrine's reaction to their objections around the removal of the bodies. Remembering the brief smile that broke through the man's usually solemn demeanor, Vorik wonders if maybe he and Jaestra have struck a positive cord with the young noble.

After the hard work of digging is complete, his heart feels lighter as the meditative labor helps him realize that for the first time since leaving his home and family, he doesn't feel alone.


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

I watch the executions emotionless, "I must not let this bother me. It is for the better good. Bringing peace, happiness and law isn't going to be easy and if I had thought that; even for a moment, then I shouldn't even be here. Just watch and accept it."

Seeing Oleg and Vorik go to dig some graves, I grab another shovel and assist with the burials. At each grave, I listen to Vorik's words, "Great Elk Father, let these souls roam as innocent beasts, enjoying ignorant bliss."

Once the burials are all complete I turn to Oleg and Vorik, "Even the lawless deserve a proper send off. If not for them, then for their families who will never see them again in this life."


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

"You've the right of it Jaestra. Scoundrels they may have been, but a few words to help their souls pass won't hurt. Indeed they may help keep others from manipulating their spirits to cause further harm and mischief."

After a few more minutes of thoughtful silence, he wipes the sweat and dirt from his brow and hands with his kerchief. Stretching his back he sets his shovel aside and beams a satisfied smile towards Oleg, Jaestra and the others. "Tis harsh work we just completed but also our first victory over the devils that plague this land. I think a small celebration is in order. What do you all say to a bit of food and a good pint of Master Oleg's brew? I for one am famished and could use some sustenance before tackling Kressle and her bunch at this nearby camp."


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

During Vorik's speech I am smiling. "I agree, we should properly break our fast before traversing to their main camp. Mr Oleg, would a small amount of food and ale available before we set out to create Law and Order?"


GM immediate narrative actions 1/day (0/1 remaining)

Vladimir:

Despite your interest, Master Mikalos had withheld his recommendation. He hinted at political strings attached to the charter. Although you consider applying for it anyway, you decided the worst case scenario was unacceptable of not getting accepted and upsetting your master.
Then one day after the charter bearers left Restov, Master Mikalos greeted you with a sunnier demeanor than usual. "It seems things have changed. It is best for everyone if I tell you no more than that." He then handed you a charter from the Lord Mayor. "You better hurry and pack. You are a day behind the others." He gives you 50 gold to help you off to a good start, and wishes you well.

Six hours later you find yourself on the road to Oleg's, riding next to Smedley - not much of a talker but he is happy to have an armed escort.
You travel for a few hours, the farmlands on your right, the desolate unnatural border of the Stolen Lands to your left. As you continue the farms fade further from the road, until they disappear completely.
The landscape of the plains here contains several small copses of trees. Dozens of species of grasses fight for their turf, the dead left in clumps all around. The tall grasses seem to prevail in most areas more than ten feet from the road.
There is little in the way of sounds of wildlife, not understandably so, it has not been long since the snows have melted. The ground is still hard... in fact is seems harder here than further north.
You see what appears to be a wooden fort up ahead. You soon see it more clearly as you approach - there is little to block your view. There are very few trees around but as you come nearer you see the gentle slope of the ground to the south of the road; a view of a dark mass of forest is visible a few miles from where you are.
The road you are on, South Rostland Road, appears to make a hard right angle up ahead... forming a "V" pointing directly south, with Oleg's Trading Post nested at the bottom.
Smedley simply says,"Oleg's...." as you pull closer.


You hear a few horses and a wagon approaching, Oleg walks out and waves from the open gate .. "It's Smedley .. perfect timing! Lets unload some of this bandit gear. Oh, he has someone with him." He waves again "Hello and welcome to Oleg's Trading Post!"

"Oh yes food .. where is my head. Smedley can take care of himself. I'll see if I can find where Svetlana kept the .. " as he disappears into the main house.


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

DM Bloodgargler:
Equal parts confused and pleased, Vladimir accepts the charter, stopping ever so short of asking what has caused his recent change of heart, and simply responds, "I know not why my fate has changed, but I am grateful, Master."

With a smile on his face and a bow toward Master Mikalos the young man hurries off to pack his belongings, stopping to speak with a stable boy along the way. "Lad, saddle and ready Shadow for travel, I leave in a matter of hours. Please have him well fed, groomed and ready." Vladimir says as he places five gold coins in the stable boy's hand.

.....

The trip to the trading post is perhaps more quite than Vladimir would like, but that minor inconvenience is not enough to dull the young man's spirits has he sets out on his journey to make a name for himself and a true name for his family.

Approaching the Trading Post and hearing Smedly's one word declaration of its name, Vladimir asks the merchant, [b]"Is this where the other charter-holders are...or at least where they came first?" Surely they can't be that far ahead of me it is only a day afterall."

Adding 45 gp to the character sheet (50-5)


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

At the sound of horses and a wagon approaching, I nock an arrow to "GoldFire" and get ready to pull the string back if need be. The whole time my back is to the gate, with "GoldFire" aimed at the ground between my feet. I turn my head to look over my shoulder, so I am facing the gate. My fingers are twitching, as they ready to draw and loose the arrow.

"It is too soon for Gaddak and Miss Svetlana to be back, correct, Sir Vorik?"


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Seeing and hearing the man, who can only assumed to be the Oleg in question, Vladimir raises his hand in acknowledgment of the trader's greeting and picks up Shadow's pace toward the trading post, just in time to see the man disappear into the house.

As he gets closer the trading post, Vladimir takes notice of the massive, barrel-chested, red-haired man and the lithe, blond-haired half-elf woman, and thinks to himself; Perhaps fortune is favoring me today and these two are members of the group that left yesterday.

Slowing his horse, he addresses the two others outside of the house...

"Greetings. I am looking for the others that carry the charter of exploration from Restov. With any luck I have found them?" he says, dismounting the horse. He then extends a hand in greeting to each of them , "I am Vladimir, a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

Sorry if I am neglecting Peregrine, just not sure he's out with the others


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

I turn to face the approaching man, allowing him to see that I have drawn "GoldFire". "Vladimir, was it? Other charter holders? If you have a charter show it to my large friend here;" I incline my head to Vorik, "If he says it is the real thing I shall greet you as a friend and lower my hand. If not, prepare to have an arrow loosed at your body."


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

"Well so much for friendly greetings, I suppose. I assume you will allow me to get into my pack to retrieve the document without putting an arrow in me, right?" he says with a smile.

I then set my pack on the ground, kneel down and retrieve the charter. Holding out the charter in my hand, I wait for the large man to take the document and inspect it.

"I trust you will find that everything is in order, or I am going to have to have a rather unpleasant conversation with Master Mikalos should I survive the day."


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

"Well so much for friendly greetings, I suppose. I assume you will allow me to get into my pack to retrieve the document without putting an arrow in me, right?" he says with a smile.

I then set my pack on the ground, kneel down and retrieve the charter. Holding out the charter in my hand, I wait for the large man to take the document and inspect it.

"I trust you will find that everything is in order, or I am going to have to have a rather unpleasant conversation with Master Mikalos should I survive the day."


GM immediate narrative actions 1/day (0/1 remaining)

Contents of charter:

Be it so known that the bearer of this charter has been charged by the Swordlords of Restov, acting upon the greater good of the Dragonscale Throne, has granted the right of exploration and travel within the wilderness region known as the Greenbelt. Exploration should be limited to an area no further than thirty-six miles east and west and sixty miles south of Oleg's Trading Post. The carrier of this charter should also strive against banditry and other unlawful behavior to be encountered. The punishment for unrepentent banditry remains, as always, execution by sword or rope.
--So witnessed on this 25th day of Talistril, under watchful eye of the Lordship of Restov and authority granted by Lord Noleski Surtova, current Regent of the Dragonscale Throne.

It is the same as yours apart from the signed date being one day later.


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

With the approval of Vorik, I lower "GoldFire", un-notch my arrow and put everything away carefully. I hold out my hand to Vladimir, "I am very sorry about that. We have just had an encounter with some of the local bandits and I wanted to make sure that you weren't with them. I am truly sorry. My name is Jaestra, Jaestra Gelabraes, my large friend over here is Sir Vorik Torgrimson, our well learned friend over there is Mr Peregrine Fetch and the lovely young lady over yonder is Miss Kaylee Veridian. Welcome friend, tell us about yourself and why you have chosen to undertake this mission, what are your goals?"


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

"No problems, though I would like to think I am more well dressed than your average bandit." He says with a grin. "As for why I am here, well let's just say that I have traveled quite extensively, and thought of this as a new and unique opportunity."


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

"You are better equipped than most bandits, but what if you had stolen them from someone? Anyway ... I am glad you are going to be joining us in the great endeavour. You have arrived at a most opportune moment, we have just collected enough information and a route to get to the bandits main camp. We were going to try to break our fast properly before heading out, but it would seem Mr Oleg has disappeared inside. If he returns with food, would you like to break your fast with us? It is a great way to make acquaintences, I believe."

I walk over to the table that we all shared last night and take the same seat as yesterday. "Sir Vorik, Mr Fetch, Miss Kaylee, Mr Vladimir, would you all care to join me for a strategy meeting? We need to work out exactly how we will attack this base, do we not? We can also inform Mr Vladimir here, exactly what has happened thus far."


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

"Breakfast sounds splendid." he says, following Jaestra over to the table. "If I may ask, what has brought each of you out into the untamed glory that is the Stolen Lands?"


Oleg emerges from the main house with a bun in his mouth, balancing a tray. He sets it down "Help yourself .. odds and ends .. finish it up. Svetlana will bring back enough to refill our stores from Gielgud farms when she returns in a few hours. Business to attend to .. eat well." Oleg and Smedley go about their business transferring goods.


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

As Oleg places the food onto the table I look up, "Thank-you Mr Oleg." I grab a piece of bread and a little meat, pour out a mug of Ale for myself and Vorik. Once poured, I hold the mug out for Vorik to take.

I look to Vladimir, "Hmm ... what brought me to these chaotic lands, where it is unsafe to even pass through? I desire to bring law and order to this chaotic land. To make it a place where people can visit and be safe, where justice and honour prevail and where crimes shall be punished accordingly. I wish to give the people living here a ray of hope, hope that they will be protected and able to live long and happy lives."

I now turn to face him completely, "I hope that has answered your question fully, I am not the only one with such hopes and dreams. So Mr Vladimir, what are your strengths and weaknesses? We have all discussed our own abilities previously and knowing how you can help will be useful as it can help us make a better plan, one that will not have your talents wasted."


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

"My strengths and weaknesses, eh? Well, as I mentioned before, I have traveled a more than my fair share thus far in my life, and as a result have picked up various bits of knowledge throughout the years." he says, as he takes a bit of food and drink.

"My former teacher, Astavos, always said that I had a bit of talent for the arcane arts, not that I have seen it my self. As to where I believe my greatest strength is...well that would have to be with use of this." he says, tapping the sword and scabbard at his side.


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Vorik gladly accepts the mug from Jaestra and downs about half in one take. "Ahhh! I had worked up a mighty thirst with all of the digging." He grabs his small cloth to wipe the foam from his mustache and then builds a good sized sandwich using some of the bread and meat from the tray. As he eats, he listens to Jaestra and Vladimir banter back and forth before jumping in.

"Jaestra sums up our goals nicely, at least it regards to my own thoughts and hopes. Sure, it's a tall mountain we've decided to climb, but what is life without a few good challenges, eh?" He looks over at Vladimir's blade and adds, "If you're of a like mind then having another good sword arm will make the journey that much easier."

He looks over to Peregrine and adds, "If you've an interest in the arcane, Peregrine might be able to he draw out your talents or at least offer better conversation on the subject then you'll get from me." The big man chuckles lightly, "I've about as much talent for the hocus-pocus, as a dragon has pity in its heart."

Looking back at the half-elf with a smile he says, "As Jaestra mentioned, you've arrived at an opportune time. We just dealt with a handful of bandits that had been harassing our good host. In the process we've learned the location of their camp and how many more bandits might be hiding there. Being short-handed, we could certainly use your help in dealing with the scoundrels before they have a chance to retaliate or slip away."


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

"Law and order to the Stolen Lands...hmmmm....Sounds like a stout enough challenge, count me in." the swordsman says, obviously excited to join the others in elimination of the bandit camp and in exploration of the Stolen Lands in general.

Turning his attention toward Peregrin, "Please do not mistake me for a classically trained wizard, or even someone who wishes to be one, Master Peregrine. Though I will admit to a certain amount of curiousity on the subject if you will permit me to discuss such things with you from time to time."

The young man, hungry from his travels from Restov, eagerly finishes his breakfast, then asks of all of his new companions, "How soon shall we be leaving for this bandit camp you speak of?"


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

"Ha! Glad to have you with us." Vorik smiles and polishes off his ale. Setting the mug down with a thud he addresses Vladmir's question in a more serious tone.

"We've not much time if we hope to catch those at the camp by surprise. If we strike out soon, we should be able to scout the camp and possibly take them tonight." Vorik rubs his beard in thought for a few seconds trying to remember, "Didn't Happs mention that another group would be arriving tomorrow morning to gather tribute for this other man who seems to be trying to run things? If we are lucky and careful, we might be able to surprise those villains and learn a little more about this supposed master of the Greenbelt bandits."

The big man looks at the others, "Have I missed anything? Or are there other thoughts? If not, I'd say we should get underway soon." He gazes at the sky and the position of the sun, "I wouldn't want to lose our daylight before we get a good look at that camp."


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

"I do not believe you have forgotten anything Sir Vorik. We should head out within the hour I say, we already know that the weather for both today and tomorrow will be fine with little to no rain. So if there are any tracks, I should be able to spot them easily enough. So we have a third with a good sword arm, myself being the third, but as I have told my friends here. I prefer to use "GoldFire" here." I hold up my precious bow, "As for powers of the Arcane, I have never really been able to grasp the concept. I admit they are extremely useful and our recent encounter would not have gone as well if it weren't for Mr Fetch and his Arcane talents, but I do not think I will train in them. I will leave that for the people who have a better grasp on it, I wouldn't want to blow us all up."

I continue to eat my meal and drinking my ale, as before I look like I belong in a noble's house. Eating very politely, taking small bites and sips, I seem to be very out of place out here.


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Vladimir notices Jaestra's mannerisms and makes note of how out of synch the young woman's appearance and behavior seems to be. The young man looks as if he is about to comment on it, but at the last second seems to think better of it.

"We seem to have enough physical might and sufficient arcane backing, courtesy of Master Peregrine. Are there to be any others with us?"


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

"Miss Kaylee is another of our companions. She is a follower of the Elk Father, as am I. She has informed us that she is gifted at healing, so I feel during out great adventure we shall be relying on her a lot. Mr Gaddak has left with Miss Svetlana, to return some horses the bandits had. They will not be back in time to join us on our excursion to the bandit camp though."

Once I have finished my meal, I remain seated while we are making our final preparations before leaving for the camp.


Peregrine had been largely silent since the executions, his mood having turned gloomy and introspective. Though they had had their first victory, albeit a small one, he did not feel a great sense of satisfaction, it was not as though the men had not deserved their fates, indeed Peregrine was not especially given over to pity, but the whole affair had left him feeling somewhat hollow, as though some tiny fraction of himself had died along with the bandits and was being buried with them. It is probably needless to say then, that even with the new arrival he was not feeling particular talkative. Sure, he had introduced himself, "Peregrine Fetch, of House Fetch," he had said in that formal, slightly stiff manner of his. However his contribution to the chatter beyond that point had been largely perfunctory, rarely rising above the bare necessities required to keep things moving along, but he seemed to stir now that the conversation was turning toward the more practical ends of actual planning.

"Forgive me Vorik, but the other party likely won't be arriving at Krestle's camp in the morning. Happs indicated that they tended to come later, sometimes even after nightfall. And Lady Gelabraes is most correct, we need to set everything in order and depart posthaste. It seems we have a good 12 hours ride ahead of us in unfamiliar territory, and the band that came here today is expected back before dawn tomorrow."


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Vladimir seems to be struck by a bolt of inspiration after hearing about House Fetch and contemplating Jaestra's etiquette before saying, "House Fetch...Gelabraes. Have I by chance stumbled in gathering of nobles? If that is truly the case, perhaps I need not be so secretive of my own lineage...House Ducheski. Granted my house is relatively new and not nearly the history of either of your Houses, but our time will come eventually. What of you Sir Vorik, are you sworn to one of the Brevic Houses?"


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

I look at Vladimir, "Ah, another noble member. Mr Vladimir, I am honoured that you know of my family, being that we are only a small noble house. But I prefer to spend my time away from those who would judge me by my family. I enjoy honest, hard work like everyone else. The "less privileged" my parents would say, the "privileged" I say, for they are born free with no family name to weigh them down."

I turn my head slightly to look at Vorik and give him a little smile.

I then address the group, "Well then; my friends, should we press on to this camp now?" I stand up, fit my sword belt and quiver around my waist, pick my backpack up and get it comfortably on my back. Finally I pick up my bow and draw 3 arrows, which I hold all together in my left hand.


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Vladimir gives the young woman a somewhat curious look, "Forgive me, Jaestra. If offense was taken by my words, none was meant."

Seeing Jaestra ready for travel, Vladimir asks the small group, "Do we all have horses, or shall I be speaking with this establishment's proprietor about stabling Shadow while we are gone?"


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Vorik chuckles mildly at the thought of being noble born. To Vladimir his says in a lighthearted tone, "Ho! No...no. I am the mere son of a smith and seamstress from an Issian village of fishermen and other hardworking folk." He looks down at his calloused hands, "These hands have seen many an hour of labor at the forge or working the nets in addition to practice at arms."

Catching Jaestra's smile he returns it warmly and then follows her cue, gathering his gear and getting ready to ride out.


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Walking over to the light horse he selected earlier, he gently runs his hands over the creature's shoulder and offers a bit of fruit from the lunch leftovers. He lets the horse get to know him and his voice as he speaks softly for a few minutes before mounting up.

Animal Handling(Just to make sure horse is familiar and comfortable with new master): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


GM immediate narrative actions 1/day (0/1 remaining)

The chestnut mare recoils ever so slightly at first. But reacts well to Vorik and stays steady for him as he mounts. Vorik reads the posture and mannerisms of the mare .. proud, demeanor and gait of a showhorse.


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

As Vorik smiles to me, my cheeks turn a slight shade of red and I look down to my feet.

I look to Vladimir again, "My apologies, I did not mean to ramble on and do not worry, I took no offence from your words. Please just treat me as you would any person not born of a noble name."

I turn to face Peregrine and Kaylee, "Mr Fetch, Miss Kaylee I shall let you ride this fine beasts. I shall walk on foot, that way I can track game and bandits easier, due to being lower to the ground."


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Realizing the group is one horse short, Vorik turns to Jaestra and says, "I've no doubt about your stamina or willingness to stay on foot, but it's my understanding we've a fairly long, hard ride ahead of us. I fear it would be impossible for anyone to keep up if moving on foot." He stops to think for a minute and then offers with a slight bow, "You are certainly welcome to ride with me, or perhaps we could persuade the good Master Oleg, to lend us the use of his horse for a day or two."


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

"If Oleg does not have a want to lend the horse, I would suggest that you ride with one of the lighter individuals of the group. Sir Vorik is a veritable mountain of man, I fear his steed may be sorely taxed as is."


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

"I would not mind riding with you Sir Vorik, however do you think that your horse will be able to carry the both of us without hurting it or tiring it out too much?"

51 to 100 of 2,185 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Bloodgargler Stolen Kingmaker All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.