Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Bloodgargler Stolen Kingmaker

Game Master BinkyBo


851 to 900 of 2,643 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

Dieter raises an eyebrow as he stands. "It will take more than some fey tomfoolery to wound my pride, Ser Ducheski." Dieter stands with Jaestra's assistance and brushes himself off. He looks around and whispers to himself. "Where are you, you little..."

Knowledge (nature) 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18 What do I know about them?
Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20


Hrafen:

you see a faint and waning glow on the saddle. As you scan the area, you catch sight of another fading glow in the trees...30-35' feet from you.

Jaestra:

As you look around, you catch a glompse of something tiny and purplish in the trees just as it disappears. You glance back instinctively to see if anyone else saw... Hrafen appears to be looking in that same direction.

Dieter:

As you are getting up, you hear Vorik speak of bright gold. He is correct that most fey are won over with shiny objects.
You notice Jaestra and Hrafen looking past you- to the west. You are about to look in that direction, when you notice a burly bearded woodsman-looking fellow 50 feet to the east - waving at you ...

Vorik:

You go about your plan, not noticing anything going on around.

Vladimir percepDC12:

A burly bearded human-looking woodsman has suddenly appeared in the woods to the east. He seems to be waving a little goofily at Dieter.


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Perception:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

"Dieter, I think you have a friend." he says, gesturing toward the burly man to the east.

Knowledge (nature):1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 via Bardic Knowledge


You look in the direction Vladimir is pointing and see the burly bearded woodsman about 40 or 50 feet into the woods to the east. He continues waving and yells out. "I'm a stupid fat human!"


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

Dieter narrows his eyebrows. "That's a fey creature in disguise. We don't know how many more may be in the area. I suggest we leave a pittance for the wretches and move on. If we are lucky, they will leave us alone." He turns to Vorik, "Something that sparkles would likely catch their attention."


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

Hrafen grins.

"Either that, or, more likely, it is an illusion of some kind. Whatever is causing it, though, definitely has a sense of humor."

He then raises his voice, and addresses the forest at large.

"Stupid, possibly. Smelly, definitely. However, not everyone can help just how stocky they are..."

He then casts a spell (Prestidigitation), and retrieves a small mirror from his pack, which he props-up against one of the trees.

Grinning impishly, he then concentrates, causing the tree's leaves to gradually change a rainbow of colors.


After Hrafen's light show, the woodsman yawns then disappears.

perceptionDC17:

you hear a hushed voice from above and to the west. It sounds like casting.

A bullfrog appears on Vorik's helmet, and stares lazily at Dieter. "Wrrretch Wrrrretch" it croaks. Then, very unfroglike, it puts a finger up to a nostril and blows out the other.

perceptionDC21:

you hear faint giggling from above and to the east.

can use same roll if it beats both, roll again for the second if you miss the first.


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Perception:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Dieter whirls and stretches his hand above and to the west. A rippling wave of compressed air blasts out with a whoosh.

Bullrush 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 30' range


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Nodding at Dieter, Vorik rummages among his packs. Finally finding what he was looking for he reveals a pair of silver earrings and grabs another gold coin. In a respectful voice he says, "Silver for the moon, gold for the sun. Gifts freely given for those having fun."

Not noticing the antics on his helm, Vorik calls over to Jaestra and says in a lighthearted voice, "Jaestra, I've a question on my mind. Perhaps you could help."

He offers the half-elf a quick wink and then continues speaking, this time in a light, rhythmic cadence.

"Within passion's fruit they will be found,
And more of them in the pomegranate's crown.
Rowed they are within an apple's core,
Yet other fruits have them more.
And though the nectarine has but one,
Still, this is all just in fun.
Playing hide and seek - a children's game.
Finding out each player is just the same."

He pauses for a second then asks, "Any idea what I'm thinking of?"


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26.

Hmmm... So there are at least two of them.

Hrafen wags a finger at Dieter.

"Now, I know you probably lost your sense of humor when you were unseated, but there is no call for attacking our... visitors. They have not tried to harm us."

He then pushes the sleeve up his right arm, revealing a network of Thassilonian runes tattooed into his flesh. Rubbing his fingers over the tattoes, he concentrates, and a man-sized figure of light appears at the top of one of the trees, where it proceeds to tap-dance.

Dancing Lights


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

Perception : 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28

I look to Vorik slightly confused, I then point to his helmet.

"There are two children in this game,
One to East and One to West,
Children that do use the game,
To find which one of us is best."


"I know I know! A pit!" comes from the west.
"No silly, a seed!" from the east.

A tiny purple/pink dragon appears launching off a branch to the east. It sings as it flies through the air... doing loops and rolls around you.

"While your skill with rhyme is nigh fantastic,
I do have a love for Hudibrastic.
We'll take what you offer...the sun and moon,
and we'll leave you be ...not later but soon.
And since you're no grump when we laugh and play,
We'll let go 'head and be on your way.
Be careful and kind when in our lands,
maybe when riding you should use both hands.
"

There is a giggling to the west, but still hidden or invisible.


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Vorik smiles and gives a respectful nod of the head in the general direction of the dragon in the east and the voice in the west. He then steps well back from the gifts he placed at the base of a nearby tree and bows again.

"I thank you for the game good lords.
It certainly kept us from getting quite bored.

We'll be on our way as well,
but this will make a fine tale to tell."


The dragon swoops down and scoops up the trinkets, then prances to the west side of the path, and a tiny 'cricket centaur' appears, bows and hops on the dragons back. It whispers to the dragon..

"I hope when you spoke your fingers were crossed."
"Don't worry, they were.."
"Bye Bye! Don't get lost!"

...and they fly off in the direction from which you came.


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

Hrafen shakes is head in bemusement.

"Well, that was certainly entertaining."


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

"Not necessarily the word I would use, but thankfully it is done with for now."


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

"Well, I would like to think that it was a refreshing change from having everything we encounter try to kill us and/or eat us..."


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

After hearing Hrafen's retort, Vladimir grins, "I suppose you are right, Hrafen."


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

Dieter's lip curls and his eyebrows narrow. "I hate fey-kin."


You eventually make your way out of the large area of fir trees, and come to the last area of the day's planned exploration just as the sun is setting.

This area is fairly level, and full of fruit trees. Most of them look like they could be apple trees, but it is too early in the season for most people to be able to classify. There is a vary slight fermented cider scent in the area that suggest many of them are in fact some type of apple tree. There are hundreds of these trees, and you start seeing more birds than you have seen anywhere else.


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

Dieter inspects the trees, noting their characteristics in his journal. "These could easily be cultivated for large-scale production. Clearing out the underbrush, culling the smaller trees, and keeping away pests would turn this into a profitable production."


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Looking around the old orchard, Vorik nods at Dieter's assessment.

"Aye, it'd take a bit of work, but I'm sure folks would enjoy a bit of fresh cider. Plus, if they're kept properly, fresh apples can last well into winter bringing a fair price at the markets."


After exploring the orchard and immediate surrounding area, including the Thorn River which passes just north of the orchard, there is just enough light left to set up camp without too much trouble. Although there are several suitable clearings for a camp near the orchard, there is an unacceptable amount of insects. Either backtracking or forging ahead west into tomorrow's planned exploration for an hour or so might save you more than that in lost sleep.


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

"Too many bugs here. Unless someone happens to have a large amount of vermin repelant with them, we should move on ahead a bit. I supose we could backtrack if that is what everyone else wants to do, but I prefer to move on."


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

"We could stay here, make a fire and sleep next to the smoke? I remember the thieves in town used to do that in the sewers to keep the bugs away, as they don't like smoke. I don't mind if we stay here, go back or continue forwards though. I will go where-ever everyone else wants to go."


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

Hrafen sighs wistfully.

"Fresh cider sounds good."

He then slaps aside a mosquito.

"However, I would rather not stay the night here..."


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

"I would also prefer to move along. If we backtrack, we will simply have to cover the ground again tomorrow."


You continue west, through another patch of evergreens. You ascend a slight but miles long incline until you reach an area of with fewer trees which hangs over the Thorn River. (on the North side of the elevated area.)
This 'semi-bluff' is a sheer 50' cliff on the north side, a steep decline to the west and south, and a gentle decline to the east-southeast from which you came. The entire elevated area is roughly one mile wide east/west, and one and a half miles north/south. The trees are sparse enough, and branches high enough, to see almost the entire bluff from the center - even in the dim moonlight. The only animal life you see are birds, and a few nocturnal rodents.


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Vorik scratches at a couple of the fresh insect bites acquired earlier in the evening. Taking a look around the bluff he runs a hand through his hair and beard before saying, "This looks a bit better than down in the lowlands. Good view, and seems peaceful enough. Shall we call it a night."

Stretching wearily in the saddle he looks to the others with a hopeful gaze. "I know I could use a few hours out of the saddle and a bite to eat."


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

"Looks like a good place to set up camp to me." he says dismounting Shadow and beginning to set up his tent.

"I will assume we are keeping our same watch order? Get some rest, Vorik, I will wake you for your shift in a few hours."


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

"The same watch order, that's good. Means I can catch some sleep quickly." I try to find a couple of tree's to make myself a shelter that is raised off of the floor.

Survival : 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Once I have completed setting up a shelter I go to my mare and pull out the Elk meat that has been under the saddle and begin to eat it. Once I have finished my meal I climb up into my shelter, "Good night all, Sir Vorik please wake me to relieve you when it is time for my watch."

Perception : 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23 (For during my watch)


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Perception for 1st Watch:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

Dieter elects to take 2nd watch.

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Perception for 2nd watch with Dieter 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

Hrafen nods.

"Good Night. I am looking forward to some shut-eye," he says with a yawn.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25.


During the night in the moonlight, you see the owls, nighthawks, and bats travel to and from here... heading to their various hunting grounds. It is a mild but breezy night on the hill.

Vladimir:

Something falling from the sky catches your eye... it looks fuzzy, and its the size of a cat... but does not fall like that at all. It lands about 15 feet from you, near sleeping Hrafen. It looks like a mass of hair wrapped with vines and a purple flower.

1d4 ⇒ 1


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Vladimir moves over to the sleeping halfling and nudges him with his foot.

"Hrafen you might want to wake up and move.

Knowledge (Nature):1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

Perception: 1d20 + 7 - 10 ⇒ (9) + 7 - 10 = 6 Vs. DC 0, to wake up ;-)

"What is *Yawn* going on? Is it time for breakfast, already?"


The hair scoots over toward Hrafen then stops and turns as Vladimir approaches. It "jumps" in the air a few inches, then lies flat... You hear a familiar tiny voice moving away from the hair "So sorry, a gift for the bald man bye!"
You can now see the mass of hair is a crude wig of coarse greying hair, lined with leaves, parted in the middle, and a purple clematis just off center on top.


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Vladimir chuckles seeing the wig, "Sorry to wake you, Hrafen. You can never be too careful I suppose."

Walking back over to where he was keeping watch from he says with a grin, "You know the leaves and flower really are a nice touch."


The rest of the night and early morning go without incident.

were you going west, southwest, or northwest from here? From the hex marked "2" on Dieter's map, you have gone NW then SW. And right now you are just inside the hex to the west.


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

Hrafen eyes the wig cautiously for a moment, then grins when he realises where it is from.

"They really are *yawn* I think I will get a bit more shut-eye, though..."

He then drifts back off to sleep.

In the morning, however, he makes a point of wearing his new toupee.

When the time comes to break camp, he asks:

"Shall we travel a little further West?"

We are already in the hex, so we might as well 'fully' explore it.


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

I turn to face Hrafen, no different from normal, "I am up for travelling West ..." I stop mid sentence as if noticing something for the first time, must be the new hair! "... What is that? I swear that wasn't there yesterday ..."

I agree, fully explore this Hex in a Westerly direction.


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

Hrafen grins impishly.

"Apparently, it is a gift from the 'friends' we made yesterday - they thought the 'bald one' could use some hair!"


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

"That sounds reasonable and prudent." Dieter dusts himself from the night's sleep and prepares his mount.

Go west, young man!


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Vorik smiles at Hrafen's story, "A gift indeed. Tis' good to have the fey folk as our friends."

Once finished with his morning routine, he'll mount up and follow along in his usual place.

West works for me.


In the morning light you can see quite a distance throughout your day's exploration. You can see the Thorn River bend around west to south to east like an eight mile "C" ... and ends where the river disappears into a heavily forested hill - twice the height of this bluff (which appears to be the only other high elevation point in this area) Overall, this part of the woods looks more sparse from what you can see from your view. There are decently sized wooded areas, but well over a third is made up of large grassy clearings.

After getting a feel for the lay of the land to expedite mapping, you descend the bluff the way you arrived. The northeast is a sheer cliff, the steep slopes to the northwest to southwest would be doable, but would be difficult enough to end up taking just as long.


You work your way around the area. Being able to see most of the area from the bluff has saved you some time, but you expect things to slow down as you follow the river upstream into the heavily wooded large hill.

After just a few minutes of your gradual ascent at the base of the hill... near a swollen part of the river beneath a short waterfall, you catch sight of a pile of nearly a dozen long logs with a pair of boots sticking out from underneath.

survival DC12:

there are many various animal tracks here along with boot prints. It looks like a common drinking spot for the animals of the woods.
Also... it appears this was a deadfall trap that fell on the booted person.


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

Survival: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16.

Hrafen eyes the pair of boots grimly.

"Well, that can't be good... It looks like a deadfall trap fell on someone!"

Why am I feeling the sudden urge to say that Hrafen 'represents the Lolly-pop Guild'? ;-)

851 to 900 of 2,643 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Bloodgargler Stolen Kingmaker All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.