Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Bloodgargler Stolen Kingmaker

Game Master BinkyBo


801 to 850 of 2,482 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>

Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

As we are travelling along I will fall in beside Vorik, "So Sir Vorik, do you think Astrid is proud of you for the good deeds you are performing in the land? Watching you from above and smiling?" I look up as we ride, smiling. "I hope she is, that would make this venture even more special for you, wouldn't it? A way of getting closer to her."


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Feeling the warmth of the sun much more acutely on the open plains, Vorik offers Jaestra a smile and a drink from his water skin as she drops back to ride with him. After she asks her question, he takes a moment to grab a small rag from a pocket and wipes the sweat and some of the road dust from his face.

After a few seconds, a low rumbling chuckle emerges from his belly.

"Aye, I imagine she's looking fondly on the work so far. But being my big sister, I'm sure she's also got a few choice words on my shield work and mental focus."

Thoughts drifting back to his village, his eyes sparkle with light and warmth unrelated to the sun overhead. Speaking lightly he says, "We'd spar all of the time when I was just a lad. Mock raids or Defend the Banner. Even when I got older, she could still make me feel like a little bumbling, tangle-footed boy. Able to get a few good licks in each time. She'd always say I held my shield too low, and didn't move quick enough."

Shaking his head slightly he turns back to Jaestra with a grin, "She'd also give me a good rap on the head for keeping my thoughts in the clouds rather than on the current conversation."

"Yes, I think she'd approve and it has helped ease her loss a little."

Dabbing perspiration from his brow again he asks Jaestra, "So what about yourself? Do you think you're loved ones would be proud of all that you and Goldfire have accomplished so far?"


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

I look to Vorik with a warm smile, "I am glad that she would approve. Do you hold your shield higher now? She is still here with you, guiding your actions and influencing your decisions."

My smile fades as the sun disappears behind a cloud, "My family are probably worried about my health, they are worriers. They weren't happy for me to come on this venture, but when I promised that I would stay safe they reluctantly gave in. Oh and I said our family name would have a better reputation." My smile comes back as the sun re-emerges from the cloud. "Now the guys on the watch, they would be proud of me. I do miss them, in fact it was because of their lessons that I learnt I could even use a bow. They were my family, I grew up with them and they taught me the need for Law and Order."

My hand works its way to "GoldFire", where it touches the dark wood. "The best thing my parents did for me, was to let me see the best bow-maker and learn from him. I hope that he approves of his students actions."


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

"I'm sure he would approve." Vorik says encouragingly.

"You've proven your skill, courage and honor already and I'm sure you will do so many times more."

With a quick waving gesture he says, "As for your family, I'm sure they'll come around over time. For now they worry, but soon enough they'll learn of the good you've created and be banging down your door before you know it."


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Not wanting to interupt Vorik's and Jaestra's conversation, but still wanting to keep things moving along none-the-less.

As the group of explorers reaches the area containing all of the old campsites, Vladimir says, "It is getting late, that combind with the number of old campsites here says this would be a good place to set up for the night. What do the rest of you think?"

Assuming no one disagrees...

Vladimir sets up his tent and set Shadow loose to graze upon the open fields.

"I will take the first watch again. Vorik, I assume I shall be waking you for second watch again?"

Perception 1st Watch:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


You find a campsite with a still intact fire ring, good visibility, and fairly level ground. When staking your tents you find orange clay just under the surface, which 'puts a face' on the subtle but distinct earthy scent intermingling with the other smells of the plains.


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

"I will join you for first watch. I loathe having my sleep interrupted."

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Climbing down from his horse, Vorik stretches and tries brushing some of the dust from his clothes, but quickly realizes the futility of the effort and starts setting up his tent with the others.

Nodding at Vladimir's question he says, "Aye, second watch works fine for me. Hopefully, we'll have a nice quiet night."

Perception for Watch: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

Are we rolling Perception again or keeping our previous rolls?

I look around to find some shelter or somewhere I can make a shelter for the night.

Survival (To make a shelter) : 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15.

Hrafen dismounts, and starts unpacking his bedroll, looking forward to another restful night under the stars...


At the end of his shift, Vladimir notices Hrafen sleeping fitfully when he goes to wake Vorik. Hrafen seems to wake himself up for a moment when he says something like "he was never there" in his sleep, but then falls back sound asleep.
The rest of the night goes without incident.

Hrafen:

You have a nightmare. You are back at the warehouse, just as the flames are erupting. The twist in your guts of fear and lingering rage now directed at yourself. You see a silhouette in the flame ... someone watching you run away. As the flames grow you see him clearly as Skerrin, a look of bitter contempt on his face ... even in your dream, your ego tries to scream out he was not there, but you can't manage the words ... it is unbearably frustrating.
You wake for a moment when Vladimir wakes Vorik, and drift back to sleep until morning.

I'll ask for perception checks every time you enter a hex, and use them for whatever is related to that hex's encounter (whether it is a lair, trap, lost wallet...). This hex either had nothing or a DC greater than 25 to find.


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

How long would it take to "take 10" or "take 20" in exploring a hex?


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Vladimir considers waking the portly halfling, seeing his fitful sleep, but thinks better of it after the halfling's outburst and subsequent falling back asleep.

After waking Vorik for second shift, the swordsman says, "Vorik, kind of keep an eye on our halfling friend, something seems to be troubling him. It does not seem to be anything too major, but worth keeping an eye on. Perhaps I'll ask him about it in the morning."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

With the rest of the night passing uneventfully...

While gathering his gear and preparing to head out on another day of exploration, Vladimir ask Hrafen, "Everything alright? Something seemed to be vexing your slumber last night."


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Rubbing the sleep out of his eyes, Vorik nods his head at Vladimir's request. "Aye, I'll keep an eye on him. Might be just something he ate. Back home, Old Man Larson's spicy fish head and mushroom soup used to always give me nightmares." He says with a yawn and a chuckle.

Settling next to the fire, he pulls out a dagger and grabs a piece of wood. Soon enough he's surrounded by wood shavings as he passes the watch whittling. The gentle scraping of the blade against wood accompanies the occasional snap and crackle of the fire. By the end of the watch he's produces a something in the form of a very simple fish shape.


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

Dieter rises in the darkness, dusting his clothing and stretching to work out his knots from the day's ride. "Let's be off before the sun rises. I would like to be out of this area before the light of day makes us too obvious." He prepares and mounts his horse after quickly eating a light breakfast.


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

Hrafen twists and turns throughout the night.

"Skerrin...Don't look at me like that...No...You were not there...I didn't mean to...Sorry"

He wakes-up in the morning, covered in sweat.

Feeling slightly embarrassed, not to mentioned unsettled by his dreams, Hrafen takes a few minutes to calm himself with some deep-breathing exercises, and cleans himself up (Prestidigitation).

He then glances around to see if anyone has noticed anything, before sheepishly joining the others for breakfast, giving his dog an affectionate pat on the way.

Hrafen is startled slightly by Vladimir's question.

"Hmmm? Oh, it was just a bad dream... Unpleasant memories, mixed with things that never happened. Suffice to say, one of the reasons I decided to come out here was to try to forget certain things, things that I truly wish never had happened, but it looks like even in my dreams, I cannot truly be free."

He smiles wryly.

"Perhaps the Gods are trying to teach me something."

Hrafen then draws himself up, and nods solemnly at Vladimir.

"However, I promise that my discomfort will not impinge upon my battle-readiness. I will perform satisfactorily."


Dieter - I'd say take 10 would take twice as long, take 20 three times as long... but I wouldn't worry about it too much with your group's perception and the relatively low DCs you will need. If you miss anything on exploration, I'll give you a good chance to find it next time you travel through.

You strike camp in the growing light of the morning, and are mounted by the time the first glimpse of yellow rises over the horizon. Well before you hit the edge of the woods to the west, the sun is on your backs.

--------

It is still early morning when you reach the woods. Wisps of morning fog still cling to the trees on the edge of the wood. The sun ducks behind the clouds ... your long shadows disappear. There is no clear path, and it appears it may be slow going at times here.

know(nature)DC12:

These are old trees, the ground and bases of the trees are fused with moss and groundcover ... each tree reigning over it's little kingdom of fungus and clinging weeds.


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

"These are old trees, the ground and bases of the trees are fused with moss and ground cover." Dieter has a tiny smile. "Each tree reigning over his little kingdom of fungus and clinging weeds. We will need to find a way around. Our mounts may falter."

Knowledge (nature) 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2
Hrafen Vormenghast wrote:

Hrafen then draws himself up, and nods solemnly at Vladimir.

"However, I promise that my discomfort will not impinge upon my battle-readiness. I will perform satisfactorily."

Vladimir grins before responding, "Never a concern about your battle-readiness, Hrafen. Just making sure everything is alright."


Dieter - I just meant "slow going at times" as in the quality of this part of the woods is slightly thicker, (higher ratio of difficult to normal terrain, and lower visibility) and more "old woodsy" not a really an obstacle. That said, you can of course still choose to go around, but since you are exploring the hex... I'm stuck until someone says which way to go.


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

Hrafen nods to Vladimir.

"Of course."

He then turns to Dieter.

"If we are to explore this area, will we not have to search through the forest, eventually? I agree, it will be more difficult going, but if we are to be sure that the vicinity is danger free, we will need to explore..."


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

Dieter shrugs. "What is life without a challenge? Onward, then." He spurs his mount forward to continue into the thick forest.


You enter the woods. The hooves of your horses fall soundless in the soft dark earth. There is no clear trail; your path is guided more by low branches than anything else. Though there is quite a variety of trees here, it isn't the chaotic mess you have seen further south... not really order, more like 'artfully placed'. You catch a glimpse the occasional scrambling squirrel, and finally start hearing birds again.

perception checks next post plz


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Vladimir tries to be as quiet as possible while keeping an eye and ear on his surroundings.

Perception:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

Hrafen scratches his dig behind its ears as they pass through the forest; the low-hanging branches not bothering him a jot.

Still, the thicker undergrowth has him a little more uncomfortable than usual.

It will be harder to spot threats at a distance...

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11.


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

Dieter keeps an eye open for trouble.

Cast guidance.

Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

Perception : 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24 (26 if against Fey)

I quietly move through the thick forest, keeping an eye and ear out for any dangers.

Stealth : 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Vorik and his mount struggle through the dense undergrowth. Occasionally a whispered curse escapes his lips as yet another branch snags his cloak, scratches his arms, or simply attempts to knock him from the saddle. Although he tries to keep an eye out for danger, the limited visibility and his ongoing duel with the forest keep him slightly distracted and focused on more immediate matters.

Perception - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13


After about an hour of traveling through this idyll of unspoiled nature, the underbrush thins, and the woods becomes primarily firs.

Jaestra:

Something catches your eye at the top of a tall fir. You notice a fairly large nest (about the size of an eagle's nest), and the tree-top shakes a bit as if a bird of that size had pushed off to take flight - although you see no bird.

Jaestra+Dieter:

You have been seeing quite a variety of tracks - more clear now that the underbrush has thinned...


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

Upon seeing the movement, I stop in my tracks, dismount and get the others to stop. I draw "GoldFire" and nock an arrow to her string, ready to loose it at any incoming animals. Still keeping a careful eye out I call out behind me, "There's an Eagles nest on the tree up there and it looks like the bird just left ... but I can't see it anywhere. Keep an eye out for it!"


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

"There is quite a variety of tracks in this area. It is increasing in volume now that the underbrush has thinned. We should continue, yes?"


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2
Jaestra Gelabraes wrote:
"There's an Eagles nest on the tree up there and it looks like the bird just left ... but I can't see it anywhere. Keep an eye out for it!"

"Will do, Jaestra."

Dieter Stolzdorf wrote:
"There is quite a variety of tracks in this area. It is increasing in volume now that the underbrush has thinned. We should continue, yes?"

Vladimir smirks a bit as he says, "That would seem preferable to just sitting here."


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

"I'm glad to be through that stretch of forest." Vorik says, still picking thorns and leaves from his clothing.

At Jaestra's warning the paladin nods his head and scans the sky for a few moments. Not seeing much through the trees, he shrugs and agrees with Dieter and Vladimir.

"I'm all for continuing. I'd certainly rather not going back through that mess." He says gesturing back toward the densely overgrown forest.


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

I slowly follow the others along, but at a slightly slower pace, my eyes still scanning the skies in case something comes at us from above. "GoldFire" is still nocked and ready to loose her arrow at anything silly enough to attack us.


You do not see or hear anything unusual as you scan the area. Your path takes you near and past the tall fir without further incident.
Twenty minutes later you come across a severely battered mess of metal off to the side of the trail. The still discernible serration clues you in that this is was a bear trap before it was destroyed.


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

"Has this trip been purposely destroyed, or is it just the result of exposure to the elements?"

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Survival 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Vorik gives the destroyed trap a close look. His brow furrows as he looks over the battered, twisted mass.

"Judging by the completeness of the destruction, I'd say someone or something wanted to disable that trap and make sure it was never used again."


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

Hrafen raises an eyebrow.

"It is certainly curious. Perhaps there is a local Druid, or Fey creature, who did not take kindly to some trapper's working in the area...?"


Dieter:

From what you can tell, it has been purposely bashed.
You see the disturbed earth where it was most likely set (including 'toe-heavy' boot indentations that appear to have occurred when setting the trap) ten feet from it's current location.


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

Dieter inspects the trap carefully. "It has been purposely smashed. From what I can see of the disturbed earth, these front-heavy boot indentations indicate it was set some ten feet away. It is likely that it was set by a hunter and smashed by some second party."


Dieter:

Roll a reflex save please


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

Reflex 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Ouch.


Dieter throws his leg and weight over the saddle, and keeps going ... He hits the ground on the other side of the horse. 1d6 ⇒ 2 non-lethal
He seems to have had the wind knocked out of him. A wetness on his backside suggests his saddle may have been greased.


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

Hrafen raises an eyebrow.

This is becoming a theme ;-)

"Well, something seems to have a sense of humor... Maybe there really are Fey around here. Pixies? Or should we blame 'Saddle Gnomes'?"

Hrafen then casts Detect Magic, and scans the area...

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14.


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

Dieter lands with a wet thud into the tall grass. He lies there for a moment, not quite comprehending what has occurred. "Did... did my horse buck me off? What happened?" He climbs wearily to his feet, holding his sore back and shoulder.


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

Hrafen nods to Dieter's saddle.

"It looks like your saddle was greased..."


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

Seeing Dieter fall off, I give out a quiet giggle, but then quickly rush to him, "Are you hurt; Mr Stolzdorf?"


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

"Greased?" the swordsman asks, looking around for any sign of mischievous fey.

Off-handedly commenting on Jaestra's question to Dieter, "Other than a bruise or two, he should be fine...his pride is another question." he says with a wink.


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Vorik whispers to his companions, "If the Good Neighbors are about we'd best be careful. My grandmother used to always warn us kids about getting on their bad side. I'll try to bring them out with a small gift."

While the others search for the fey, the paladin grabs a flask from his pack and a couple of the shiniest gold coins he can find in his pouch.

Looking toward the big fir tree he says to no one in particular, "I've a bit of Master Oleg's finely crafted ale which I would certainly share with any who might like a taste." He takes a small sip from the flask and makes a bit of a show of how good it tastes. He then holds the coins in the air making sure they reflect brightly in the midday sun.

"I've also a bit of bright gold freely given out of respect for the good Lord and Lady of this wood."

Dismounting he walks a few paces off of the path and sets both flask and coins down. He then steps back to the others watching to see if anything else happens.

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
*Sigh*


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

I give Vorik a confused look, but turn my attention to Dieter briefly, "Maybe next time you shouldn't use as much saddle soap?"

I then turn my attention back to Vorik and wait to see if anything happens.

Perception : 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19 (Another +2 if they are Fey)

801 to 850 of 2,482 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Bloodgargler Stolen Kingmaker All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.