Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Bloodgargler Stolen Kingmaker

Game Master BinkyBo


751 to 800 of 2,577 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>

Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

Initiative: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18.


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

*sad trombone sound*

Dieter clears the brush line and begins casting a spell, hoping to catch the two creatures before they reach the party.

Cast entangle, target square R23.


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Initiative:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Vladimir fires another arrow at the wounded creature.

Attack:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Damage:1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

Initiative : 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Seeing my arrow hit, I nock another and let it loose at the same target.

"GoldFire" Attack : 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
"GoldFire" Damage : 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Round 1

Jaestra's arrow hits, and the creature sinks back into the mud - it is not immediately clear if it was a fatal wound. The other grabs a nearby spear and wheels around out of sight behind the overhang - hollering something into the woods. "Grup Lumba Darg!" after a couple seconds you see what appears to be the top of its head poking over the top of the overhang. (overhang is F-I, 21-24 on map ... and hangs over mud pit)

Giant:

"We're under attack!"

Round 2
Jaestra
Hrafen
Vladimir
Enemy
Vorik
Dieter

map <bluegreen in bottom left is how far latecomers can get this round. (I'm assuming from what they posted, Jaestra and Vlad tried to time their strike so others would arrive soon but not blow their first shot)
Vorik Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

As Dieter and Hrafen spot the signal, Vorik turns with a surprised look and then tries to unsuccessfully cover his obvious distraction. Finally just giving in with a blush and smile, he charges after the others hammer ready as he and his mount plunge down the side of the ridge.

Vorik - Ride Check 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Vorik - Move to Z6


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

I move towards the side of the mudpit hoping to get a better shot off. (Moving to O, 11.) Once I am far enough I will aim "GoldFire" at the large figure behind the pit and loose an arrow in its direction.

"GoldFire" Attack : 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
"GoldFire" Damage : 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

If it has cover then it will be a 19 to hit. (1d100 ⇒ 26) If it has 25% concealment, I hit it. If it has a 50% concealment, I miss.


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

Basically the same action. Move to AZ7, cast entangle on I23.


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

Hrafen urges his steed forward.

Arriving in W3 this round.


Jaestra's arrow thumps into the exposed lump crouched behind the overhang.

Jaestra:

As you strafe around, you see this overhang appears to be the base of an uprooted tree - that has mostly rotted away. You see the beast leaning on the other side of what is left of the tree's stump and fire an arrow. It hits but does not react ... does not move. It takes you a couple seconds to realize it is a well crafted dummy wearing similar filthy rags. You do not immediately see the real one.
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

If Vladimir has yet to post his action when I get up (12 hours from now) I'll do his move


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Seeing Vorik arrive on horseback, Vladmir puts away his bow and readies his sword as he moves in a bit closer.

Move action = stow bow, Standard action = Move to (R,29) pulling sword during the move


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

Round 3 :

Seeing the figure, I pull back "GoldFire's" string, with a nocked arrow and I wait for anything to move towards me, in which case I will loose the arrow in its direction.

Ready an action to shoot if any enemies move into my line of sight.

"GoldFire" Attack : 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 (17 if within 30 feet)
"GoldFire" Damage : 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 (11 if within 30 feet)


Another of the creatures lopes out of the woods, charging toward Jaestra until it sees the others arriving. It stops and starts to backpedal.
The one that was in hiding moves, taking an indirect path to the edge of the clearing - appearing to be regrouping with the new arrival.

Dieter casts a spell. The sickly foliage grows and spreads into tall whipping and coiling grasses.

entangle save 1d20 ⇒ 17

Round 3
Jaestra-hit creature at (G,17)
Hrafen
Vladimir
Enemy
Vorik
Dieter

map


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

Hrafen urges his mount forward (to R8), and then tosses some bolts of force at one of the creatures.

Magic Missile (at the one in F17): 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 3) + 4 = 11 Force damage.


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

Dieter curses the... things getting through his entanglement spell. He begins another incantation, summoning forth an otherworldly spirit to do combat for him.

Summon nature's ally I, riding dog, S6.


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Seeing the creature charge out of the trees, Vorik kicks his mount into a gallop making his way around the trees in order to engage the creature before it can close with Jaestra.

"Here ya go beastie!" He shouts, "Pick on someone with as ugly a mug as yours!"

Vorik - Mounted double move to I1
Vorik - Ride in Combat(DC10) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Vladimir continues to move toward the now exposed enemies, readying his shield along the way.

Double move to (R,16)


Jaestra and Hrafen blast the large malformed creature as it angrily slashes through the entangling dry grasses.
Vladimir rounds the area of entanglement - seeing Vorik's advance, and Dieter gesturing toward a gathering mist taking the form of a large dog.

The injured creature starts to succumb to its wounds. It takes a couple slow steps before falling hard.

The slightly larger, obscenely male beast howls. "UNK GRELLA KA!!"

Giant:
"carriers of my seed!"

In frothing rage, he see red. He hurls his fat spear at Jaestra, then charges toward her ... the spear thunks in the ground behind her.
1d20 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 1 - 2 = 2
Round 4
Jaestra
Hrafen
Vladimir
Vorik
Dieter
Angry Foe

map


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Pushing his mount closer to the trees, Vorik then leaps from the saddle with a shout and moves to attack the single creature still standing.
Round 4
Vorik - Mounted move to H5
Vorik - Fast Dismount(DC20) to H6 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Vorik - 5 foot step to H7 and attack giant 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Vladimir moves ever closer to the hideous creature, along the way reciting a story he heard long ago about a single gnome who defeated a group of particularly dim-witted giants.

Move to (N,12), Begin use of Bardic Performance - Insprire Courage (+1 to attacks, damage, and saves against charm and fear.


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

I step carefully towards the enemy and nock another arrow to "GoldFire"'s string, then letting it loose at the foe. (5 foot step to O, 10. Shooting at I, 9)

"GoldFire" Attack : 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
"GoldFire" Damage : 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

If it is a Fey, I gain a +2 bonus on both attack and damage. But I doubt it is.


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

Nodding in satisfaction, Hrafen tosses somemore force bolts, this time at the 'male'...

Magic Missile: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 1) + 4 = 8 Force damage.


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

With a growl and a bark, a large hunting hound materializes out of thin air and barrels toward the remaining foe, attempting to flank with Vorik.

Double-move dog to M14. Vorik looks like a centaur, btw. :)

Dieter moves 30 feet north (U7) and gets ready to blast the creature with a roar of compressed air. He holds his hands together at his hip, palms outward, and a swirling susurrus of air shimmers in his hands.

Ready an action to use wind blast if it comes within 30 feet. Bull rush 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8.

Edit: Not that it will do anything with that roll...


Jaestra strafes slightly, takes aim, but misfires as Hrafen's bolts pew past her head.
Vladimir continues his advance his simple allegory rings true like scripture.
Vorik grabs the beast's attention with a hard near miss.
Dieter's summoned dog takes off like a shot toward the giants, while Dieter prepares himself.

The malformed giant puffs his chest - letting out a warbling growl before slashing at Vorik with the scythe-like claws on his meaty fists...

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

The first strike scrapes harmlessly across Vorik's armor, the second slash misses high with a slight duck by the red bearded warrior.
In addition to a couple burn marks from Hrafen's bolts, this creature has amassed quite a few scars.. even unfamiliar with the species as you are, he appears long in the tooth.

Round 5
Jaestra
Hrafen
Vladimir
Vorik
Dieter
Old Angry Saggy Giant (L)

map


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

The summoned dog races forward and attacks the giant, flanking with Vorik.

Move to J10. Attack w/ flanking.

Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Dieter maneuvers around behind Jaestra and Vladimir, ready to heal in case any are hurt.

Move to P12.


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

Hrafen tosses yet more force missiles at the creature!

Magic Missile: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (1, 3) + 4 = 8 Force damage.


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

While continuing his story about the gnome and the giants, Vladimir moves into a flanking position with Vorik and slashes at the hideous creature.

@nd round of inspire courage, Move to (I,10), Using experise (AC 19)

Attack:1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 2 + 1 = 17 (flank, inspire courage)
Damage:1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 = 9 (inspire courage)


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

Seeing Vorik going toe-to-toe with this large creature, I draw and nock another arrow before aiming carefully and letting it loose.

"GoldFire" Attack : 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
"GoldFire" Damage : 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Knowing he can't challenge this creature using strength alone, the paladin continues to duck and dodge the giants angry blows. He works to get the beast off balance to create an opening for Astrdisonoir to strike or give the others enough time to take the thing down from a distance. After a few more seconds, Vorik sees an opening in the creatures defenses and brings his hammer around with a loud shout of his own.

Vorik - Attack giant 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Vorik - Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2
Vorik Torgrimson wrote:

Knowing he can't challenge this creature using strength alone, the paladin continues to duck and dodge the giants angry blows. He works to get the beast off balance to create an opening for Astrdisonoir to strike or give the others enough time to take the thing down from a distance. After a few more seconds, Vorik sees an opening in the creatures defenses and brings his hammer around with a loud shout of his own.

Vorik - Attack giant 1d20+7
Vorik - Damage 1d8+4

Not that it matters for the attack roll you had, but you are shorting yourself +3 attack bonus (+2 for flank and +1 for inspire courage) and +1 damage from inspire courage.


Jaestra's arrowhead disappears into the giant's side. Hrafen's force bolts strike the same spot, darkening the already destroyed flesh. Vladimir comes from behind ... slashing into the folds of skin covering its spine.
The giant arches back reflexively, teeing itself up for Vorik's crushing blow. It staggers for second, until Dieter's summoned dog crashes into it, and tears into its flesh.

With the male down, there are no remaining threats visible.


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

Dieter approaches cautiously and examines the bodies, attempting to identify them. After dismissing the summoned dog and the entangling vegetation, he searches their den for anything valuable.

Knowledge (nature) 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Vorik steps back from the fallen giant and looks around for any other enemies. Not seeing any, he steps back over to his horse and grabs the reins. While Dieter and the others search the area he starts to climb back up the ridge.

"I'll see to the other horses while you search. I wouldn't want anything to sneak up and grab a couple of our mounts while our back is turned."

Thanks Vlad, I always seem to forget about those extras. I'll have to do better keeping track next time.


dieter:

They are Thawn, commonly known as Mud Giants.

Dieter heads to the clearing after a quick inspection of the corpse. As he enters the area he can feel the ground beneath him become less firm. Looking at the ground, it appears much of the ground has been "hollowed out", leaving a thin layer of artificially packed mud and leaves on the surface ... soft mud underneath. There appear to be paths of healthy grass - mostly on the west side (top half of the map) which most likely suggest firmer ground.
The doesn't seem to be anything of real value. Several small animals, skinned and staked, surround the perimeter. Primitive traps and weapons, a couple decoy sculptures of Thawn, and strips of stomach tissue apparently being prepared to use as cord.


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

"These are Thawn, commonly known as 'mud giants.' They are barbaric in nature and have little in the way of civilization or wealth. I doubt there is much else of interest in the area. I would say we handled them quite nicely, wouldn't you agree?"


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

"I'm just glad nobody was hurt and that you saw our signal. If Vlad and I are going to travel ahead more to scout I may keep that signal in mind."

With that I turn to Vlad, "How did you turn that cloth red, was it one of your "cantrips"?"


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

Hrafen nods.

"I agree, we handled them well. Do you suspect that there will be more of them in the area, or will it be safe to continue to explore?"


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2
Vorik wrote:
"I'll see to the other horses while you search. I wouldn't want anything to sneak up and grab a couple of our mounts while our back is turned."

"Thank you, Vorik. I am sure Shadow is getting rather tired of me leaving him like that." the swordsman says with a half-smile.

Jaestra Gelabraes wrote:
With that I turn to Vlad, "How did you turn that cloth red, was it one of your "cantrips"?"

Vlad absent mindedly cleans the gore off of his blade while answering, "Yes, that was one of my cantrips. The color will not remain permanently, but certainly long enough for a signal...about an hour really."


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

"I do not know if the area is clear of them, but we should continue to be safe so long as they do not surprise us." He rises from kneeling and brushes off his gloves. "Let us continue. There is nothing more for us here." Dieter waits for the others, then starts back toward the horses.


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Vorik sits in the saddle holding the reins of the other three horses while waiting for his companions to return. As Dieter emerges from the undergrowth, Vorik lowers a water flask from his lips and waves his hand in greeting.

Offering a drink to Dieter and the others, he asks, "Find anything of use or interest?"


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Returning to where Vorik and the horses await, Vladimir re-mounts Shadow.

Once all of his companions have returned, the swordsman asks, "Shall we be off then?"


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

Dieter shakes his head. "Nothing here, Ser Torgrimson. Some especially high-quality mud, but I doubt that is of any interest." He mounts his horse and is ready to go.


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

Hrafen wrinkles his nose.

"Not to me, although we could probably recommend the area to some people interested in farming..."


You head north along the ridge to just west of where you camped last night. From there you start exploring the area to the northwest. You start to see tall firs to the north, and a chaotic mix of trees fighting for space to the south and increasing the further west you go.

I'll take percep checks next time you post, for when I next need them.


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

I follow everyone back to the horses, "Thank-you for keeping them safe Sir Vorik. You are a man without fear, to charge into that large creature so boldly!" I mount up and move out with everybody else. Along the way I look to Vlad, "Quite clever of them to make those dummies, don't you think?"

Perception : 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

"Clever indeed. Certainly more so than Dieter's description would have implied." he says with a shrug.

Perception:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Vorik nods at Dieter and Hrafen's comments adding, "Pitiful creatures in a way, but likely the area is safer with them gone. I can't imagine them seeing any difference between a pack of brush dogs and a farm family."

Following the others as the group rides on, Vorik softly hums a old fisherman's tune while navigating along the narrow trail and enjoying the mild weather.

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

Dieter follows, keeping his thoughts to himself as he occasionally jots notes and illustrations in his journal.

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Thank goodness for a high modifier...


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

Hrafen nods.

"I agree, Vorik; we have probably made the area safer."

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13.


You finish exploring the southern half of the hex, and head north out of the woods. It is mid-afternoon. Barring the unexpected, you should be able to finish mapping by 9pm ... 10 at the latest.
In this plains area, you find signs several small old campsites... possibly a common hunting ground of the rural folk from south Brevoy.

751 to 800 of 2,577 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Bloodgargler Stolen Kingmaker All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.