Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Bloodgargler Stolen Kingmaker

Game Master BinkyBo


701 to 750 of 2,432 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>

You follow the tracks west .. after a few dozen feet, in an area less thick with trees, you notice the tracks going away turn sharply north along a ridge that declines on the west side. You spot what you think might be the reason. Just to the south of the tracks you see large humanoid footprints.

Dieter+Jaestra:

Two sets of large humanoid prints to the south of the thylacine tracks, and one to the west of where the thylacine tracks turned north. It appears at least two of the large humanoids then gave chase, because their tracks start to cover the thylacine tracks. further investigation may lead to more information.


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

Dieter points what he observes to the group. "Two sets of large humanoid prints to the south of the thylacine tracks, and one to the west of where the thylacine tracks turned north. It appears at least two of the large humanoids then gave chase, because their tracks start to cover the thylacine tracks."

Continue investigating. Use guidance and take 10 as before. Perception 20, Survival 22.


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

I will take 10 on the Perception as Dieter has the Survival covered. Total of 22 for Perception.

I also start to follow the tracks, but drawing "GoldFire" and nocking an arrow to her string, ready to aim and shoot should we come across anything dangerous. I look to Dieter, "Any idea what these prints could be of?" I then turn to the others, "I would get ready for a fight, the hunter became the hunted, now the hunter of the hunted is becoming the hunted, we don't want to become the hunted ourselves. Plus these are very large prints and whatever they belong to is probably not going to like us trying to follow it, it may think we are after its food."


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Vorik flicks the reins lightly keeping pace with Dieter and Jaestra. Sensing the half-elfs's unease, he slips his warhammer loose and although he's careful to give them enough room to track, he doesn't leave too much space in case something should burst forth from the undergrowth to attack.


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Noting everyone's caution, Vladimir readies his blade.


After traveling another 80 feet you see blood on the trail. Mixed with the smell of blood, rotting leaves, and earth .. you catch hints of a foul odor like vegetable rot mixed with animal musk.

Dieter+Jaestra:

The blood trail follows drag marks and large humanoid prints that skid down the ridge through last year's rotting leaves. In the center of the center of the initial blood pool is a circular impression about as wide as a man's wrist. It appears one of the thylacine was speared and dragged down the ridge to the west.


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

I look back to Vorik, Vladimir and Hrafen, "One of the hunted got speared here and was dragged down that ridge, going west. We should head that way, quietly."

Stealth : 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

"Horses are not very quiet creatures, should we dismount?"


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

Dieter purses his mouth. "They are about as quiet as some of our party. Perhaps one should scout ahead? Who here is gifted in guile?"


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

Hrafen nods his acknowledgement of Jaestra's statement.

"We should be careful."

He then smiles faintly at Dieter.

"Without admitting to anything specific, I have a way with words, and am adept at moving silently, despite my relative bulk."


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

"I am capable in such matters, perhaps not as skilled as Jaestra, but capable. Based on what Hrafen has said, and not knowing your capabilities, Dieter, I would suggest that you and Vorik remain back here with the horses, while Jaestra takes the lead and Hrafen and I follow behind her a short distance. Does this seem reasonable to everyone?"

Now that I've said that Vlad is capable, here comes the craptacular stealth roll...

Stealth:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Perception:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

could have been worse I suppose...


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

Upon hearing Vladimir mention his plan I look to him and nod in agreement. I try to jump down from my saddle, trying to save time.

Ride (Fast Dismount) : 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

But I catch my leg in one of the stirrups, so have to spend a short time untangling my foot and getting to the ground. Before heading out in front to see whatever I can.

Perception : 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
Stealth : 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13.
Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27.

Hrafen dismounts, and then glides forward like a sylvan shadow, disappearing from view...


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Remaining quiet Vorik nods his agreement with the others plan and carefully readies hammer and shield as he watches Hrafen and the others slip further into the undergrowth.


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

Dieter dismounts and waits by the horses. "Return when you find trouble, or call out if trouble finds you."


The three of you move ahead of the others. To your right is a fairly dense part of the forest with patches of tall grasses and brush. To your left is a forty degree decline for about 50 feet before it levels off.

You move along the ridge another couple hundred feet and find a great deal more large humanoid footprints. You see many signs of prey being dragged as you saw earlier.

Following these trails down the slope with their eyes Jaestra and Vladimir notice - just along the treeline as the base of the slope - a what looks like a skinned dog on a stake and just past is a circle of dead black trees.
(50ft down slope another 50 or 60ft to ring of about a dozen dead trees.

Jaestra:

It is difficult to see for certain at this distance, but it looks like there is something like a camouflage covering or lean-to of dead leaves in the center of the dead trees.


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

I look back to Vlad and Hrafen, beckoning them over silently. Once they are close I point into the centre of the dead tree's and whisper, "Does that look like a camouflaged lean-to, to either of you? Or is it my eyes failing me for once?"


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

After Jaestra points out the lean-to, Perception:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Vladimir+Hrafen:

You see the area she is referring to, and it looks like she could be right. You can't make it out clearly, but there is an area where the leaves don't exactly match.


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

In response to the ranger's question, Vladimir responds; "I believe you are right, Jaestra. The leaves do not quite match up on the cover. Do we want to proceed or go back and get Dieter and Vorik?"


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

I look to Vlad, then to Hrafen, "Do either of you have one of these "Cantrips" or spells that could signal to Vorik and Dieter that we have found something, or would we have to go back? If not, you seem to be a very quiet walker Hrafen, would you like to go and inform them, before we head out? I would like to go on, just us, as they may make too much noise, but I want them to know what we are doing."


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

"I am afraid not. Hrafen would you do the honors while Jaestra and I investigate a bit further?"


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

Hrafen nods his assent, and then carefully works his way back to the others, trying to follow the path that he used previously.

'Take 10' Stealth = 17.

When he gets back to Dieter and Vorik, he lets them know what is going on:

"It looks like there is a large hunting blind set-up in the forest up ahead. Jaestra and Vladimir wanted me to let you know, before they explored further."


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

I look to Vlad once Hrafen has gone, "Shall we?" I start to move towards the lean-to, keeping an eye out for anything and also keeping an arrow nocked to "GoldFire" and ready to fire.

Perception : 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
Stealth : 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Vladimir nods in agreement with Jaestra's plan, sheaths his blade, and readies his bow to fire at any enemy.

Perception:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Stealth:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

I signal to Vlad (with my hands) to try a Pincer manoeuvre. I will start to sneak off to the left, while he hopefully starts to sneak off to the right.


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Vladimir again nods, and heads off to the right.


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Vorik nods his acknowledgement to Hrafen, not saying anything else, but maintaining his watchful and alert status.

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Okay, not too watchful...


Rest of group is about 200 feet away (to the left) when Jaestra and Vlad start to descend the ridge.

map

Aw to AZ is the 40 degree decline


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

I continue to move quietly towards the Grove of dead tree's, continuing with my previous path. (Move to AY, 17. Double move, half speed so as to not incure the -5 penalty.)

Perception : 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32
Stealth : 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Not sure if you want this in turn order or not, if not then I continue on my path until I reach T, 14. Where I then go straight up, along the 14 line.


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Vladimir continues to move toward the grove, attempting to stay quiet while doing so...

Move to (AX,26), Continuing on to (X,29) next round.

Perception:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Stealth:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Hmmm...I hope the crap rolls stop once we get into combat.


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

DM: Can the ridge be descended on horseback or only on foot?


You can descend on horseback with no difficulty, but going up the hill or laterally would be difficult terrain. (It is muddy, but with gravity and momentum on your side it is no problem)

Jaestra:

You become hyper-aware of your surroundings.
You come close enough to the skinned dog to see it clearly...it's entrails have been gutted, but the meat left on. You see spikes poking through the leaves radiating around it... possibly a small pit in the center that causes the spiked boards to close in on you from your own weight.

You see dried gourds hanging around the dead tree's limbs that may serve as alarms.

In the center of the clearing you see what you saw as a lean-to is what appears to have been a mound of dirt - hollowed out to make a shallow cave that hangs over a pit of mud in the very center.

One large humanoid sits under the overhang stuffing it's face with entrails from a pile of fur and filth next to it. A second is sitting in the mud pit, only the top half of his body visible.
They both look like ogres that have "melted" into even more hideous forms. Their pinkish flesh hangs loosely .. three long claws extend from their malformed hands.. They do not appear to notice you .. but the one in the mud appears to react to a noise from Vladimir slipping a bit down the last part of the hill into dry leaves.
The creature seems to disregard it a moment later.

Vladimir:

You slip just enough at the bottom of the hill to make a bit of noise crumpling dry leaves. After a moment of waiting for a reaction that doesn't come, you continue closer until you see two large figures in and near a mud pit at the center of the clearing.

One large humanoid sits under the overhang stuffing it's face with entrails from a pile of fur and filth next to it. A second is sitting in the mud pit, only the top half of his body visible.
They both look like ogres that have "melted" into even more hideous forms. Their pinkish flesh hangs loosely .. three long claws extend from their malformed hands.. They do not appear to have noticed you


Jaestra + Vladimir:

You both feel that if you move any closer or linger, you stand a good chance of being spotted.

map


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

I hope they remember to come back and tell me what they found.


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

Bloodgargler, what is the light like at the moment and can Vlad and I see each other clearly?


it is fairly sunny ... Mid morning , but with the ridge to the east not a whole lot of light reaches you. You can see each other from your current positions


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

I look over to Vlad and gesture to head back to the incline.

Stealth : 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Once we are both back together I look to him, "Do you have any red cloth on you or any "Cantrip" that could make an arrow shine brightly, even during our day time sky? I was thinking we could fire an arrow into the air, so the others can see it and recognize it as a signal to come closer. Then once the arrow has been fired, we move back to our positions and get ready in case things turn ugly."


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Vladimir gives a quick wave to Jaestra, acknowledging her intent, and begins to move back over the ridge.

Stealth:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

"Making an arrow shine with light isn't much of a problem, though I do question if it would shine bright enough to be noticed in daylight." he says casting a light cantrip on an arrow. Retrieving a scrap of left over from a bandit shirt that was made into bandages a while ago, he casts a prestidigitation cantrip to color the scrap bright red. "This might work a bit better. Which ever you would like to try."


Vlad+Jaestra:

As you are discussing, you hear a "blorp blup blup" thick wet sound like something large (most likely the other creature) entering the mudpit,. You move a bit to get a view through the a small gap in the branches. They appear to be in the same spots ... the one in the pit is now almost completely submerged.


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

With the red cloth now attached to my arrow, I aim "GoldFire" into the air and loose the arrow. "With a range of 110 feet, I am sure that there is a good chance of the others seeing it.)

Once I have loosed it, I nock another arrow, turn to face Vlad, "Shall we get started without them? I doubt these big creatures will let us pass without problems."


Vorik, Dieter, Hrafen percept DC 10:

You see an arrow with a red cloth tied to it land a couple dozen feet from you. It appeared to come from the scouters' direction.


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

"Sounds good, Jaestra. I'll start with bow fire and move in with Vorik once he arrives."


Female Half-Elf Ranger (Beastmaster/Trapper) : 3

I move back to where I was before.

Stealth : 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

I then raise "GoldFire" and loose an arrow at one of the large figures in the mud.

"GoldFire" Attack : 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
"GoldFire" Damage : 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Even if they weren't flat-footed, I think that would still hit. Brilliant D20 rolls, but terrible D8 roll.


Male Varisian Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 1 / Bard 2

Vladimir returns to the position he held prior to going back to speak with Jaestra.

Stealth:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Once in position, Vlad takes aim a lets loose an arrow, just after Jaestra , toward the same target.

Attack:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Damage:1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Jaestra's arrow hits the creature in the mudpit, squarely in the back of its head. Vladimir's hits the flabby folds of skin where its neck should be ... a couple inches lower, and the arrow would have lost velocity from the partial cover provided by the mudpit. It "sporlshes" up into standing position and turns in your direction .. The other sees the arrows and starts to stand..

perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
enemy initiative 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6

surprise round over ... I'll start next round once others post their intentions.


Male Human Paladin 3, HP: 26/26, AC: 16(18), Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +6 (Horse HP:17 /17)

Vorik - Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Vorik, busy studying the ground with intensity, continues to wait for some sign from Jaestra and Vladimir.


Male Aasimar (Azata) Swashbuckler 2 -- HP 21 : AC 19 CMD 15 TAC 14 FAC 15 : rapier+6; 1d6 : chakram+5; 1d8 : F+3 R+8 W+1 : INIT+4 Perc+0 CMB+1 : CHA mod +4

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

"What was that?" Dieter looks to the ground, takes a few steps, and bends over to pick up something from the tall grass. "It's an arrow with a red cloth tied to it. It appears to have to come from the scouters' direction." Drawing a sickle from his belt wrought in cold iron, he begins making his way toward the scouts.

Stealth 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16


Male Halfling Sorceror (Crossblood [Orc]/[Elemental(Primal)] & Tattooed Sorceror) 3

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19.

"I see it too. We should see if they are in trouble..."

Ride (swift mount): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24.

He then quickly leaps astride his dog, and cautiously spurs it forward...

Stealth (Dog): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19.


Roll our own initiatives if you care to. Vlad and Jaestra if you get above 6 you can take your round 1 action.

701 to 750 of 2,432 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Bloodgargler Stolen Kingmaker All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.